Samuel L. Jackson: I voted for Barack because he’s black

posted at 12:45 pm on February 13, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Now I get it: Samuel L. Jackson assumes the Tea Party opposes Barack Obama because of his race because he also assumes Barack Obama’s fans support him because of his race. At least, he knows he did.

“I voted for Barack because he was black,” the actor said candidly to Ebony magazine. “That’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them. That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama's] message didn’t mean sh*t to me.”

The actor said plenty more that’s controversial, but I flat-out don’t have the stomach to republish it here. Check out the choicer bits at this Politico link, at which Caitlin McDevitt mercifully bleeped out Jackson’s incessant cussing.

For now, suffice it to say I agree with at least one Ebony magazine writer on this: Jackson’s comments invite separatism and make light of an amazing accomplishment. While I couldn’t disagree with the president’s ideas more, I’m perfectly willing to concede that his election represented either (a) an actual triumph of progressivism or (b) the triumph of his superior campaign skills, which enabled him to package a progressive agenda in vague rhetoric that captured the hearts and minds of many Americans.

Jackson’s comments also force me to concede, though, that, mixed into the triumph of progressivism and/or superior campaign management, was a boost from flat-out and unabashed identity politics. It frightens me to think he might be right that he’s not the only person to vote for a candidate based on appearance alone. To anybody who doesn’t bother to research the issues and votes based on looks: Stop it!

Still, I refuse to agree with Jackson that American politics “pure and simple” boil down to voters’ desire to see their personal doppelgänger in the White House. Those of us who are paying attention and actually care about the future of this country desire a like-minded leader, sure, but we couldn’t care less what he or she looks like.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

ME countries have had numerous blk kings. The European countries you mention are voting their race too. We still have not had a woman president and they have had many so kudos to them

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Identify a few.
You’re side-stepping the issue by now bringing up women. We also have not yet had an Asian or Latino President – so what’s your point?
Answer the question – how many blacks have had the top position in any of those countries?
And how much older are those countries than the US? What we’ve done in 200 years, most countries still haven’t done in many times the national lifespan.
But if race is the all important factor for you, most African countries actually have black leaders, and have for many years. How are those countries faring?

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I stand corrected. And embarrassed. But at least I got the first part right, didn’t I?

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM

You too!

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Why thank you, Ma’am!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Geeze Sam I always liked you, stop talkin smack to get attention.

If what you say is true, we do need a brokered convention, and run Lt Col Allen West on top of the ticket. He matches your criteria of skin display, and mine, because deep down he’s red, white, and blue.

If Sam Jackson really wanted to impress someone with his opinion, he’d figure out that Obama ain’t all that, and a bag of chips, he sure isn’t the only chip in the bag, that’s for sure ;)

Dr Evil on February 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Check the exits in Nevada

liberal4life on February 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM

You need help finding the exit?
I’d like to help you out. Which way did you come in?

KOOLAID2 on February 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

His black daddy was driving around drunk two continents away, he is not to blame

In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the group “Americans for Freedom of Information” has Released copies of President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College … Released today, the transcript school indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.

Twana on February 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Jacson is an idiot and was not coherent. But why do blks vote dems? And please not the
Same stupid plantation welfare crap. You know a blk person can smell

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

[Obama's] message didn’t mean sh*t to me.”

Thanks Mace! The farce is strong in this one…

cicerone on February 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

IF don’t go to any more of his movies because he is black is that ok?

jake49 on February 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

FIRST BLACK MAN running for President of the United States!

Delsa on February 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Just to set the record straight…Wouldn’t that be Alan Keyes?

Somebody should ask Mr. “Obama’s message didn’t mean sh*t to me” Where he stood on Keye’s candidacy.

Tomolena1 on February 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

And please not the
Same stupid plantation welfare crap

Why else would they vote for democrats? Democrats provide welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing, cell phones, etc. Blacks are just required to keep pulling the lever next to the “D”.

kozmo on February 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Yea,but he likes that money with white boys on it. I don’t really care what this **** says.

Hummer53 on February 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

-The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

If we had realized his dream, we wouldn’t even be talking about the color of people’s skin. And we WOULD be talking about the content of their character.

Obama’s victory, on the one hand, shows how much progress the Black Liberation struggle and its legacy has made in eroding white supremacy. That so many backward white people overcame their own racism to vote for Obama is a sign that the economic crisis is providing the material basis for multinational unity.

Who’s racist?

I’d say it’s the people who wrote that.

And who would that be? The Party for Socialism and Liberation.

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Maybe he wants to remake “Snakes on a Plane” on Air Force One.

Wait, would that be a documentary?

Marcola on February 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I am more & more convinced that American voters be required to pass a simple civics test before they get to vote. Dumbasses voting = dumb results.

CatchAll on February 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I’ve been promoting that for a long time. But, you want to know what would really screw up people’s minds? Remove the “R” and the “D” from people’s names on the ballot.

Mirimichi on February 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM

A friend of mine who usually votes conservative Republican had actually voted for Obama in 2008. I asked him, “Why?” and he answered, “It’s history, man!”

He voted for Obama because Obama would be “the first black President”.

He voted for Obama because of the color of his skin.

This friend of mine happens to have dark skin. I believe that all human beings on this planet are all part of one race – the human race – but most people would describe my friend as “black” or “African American” (even though he’s not an African immigrant and has never even been to Africa).

So consider this…my friend who normally votes conservative Republican voted for Obama not because Obama’s political views have anything in common with his own, not because of the content of Obama’s character, but because the color of Obama’s skin is dark like his own.

Voting for, or against, a candidate solely because of the color of their skin is RACIST.

My friend lives in North Carolina. I believe that Obama carried North Carolina because of, not in spite of, racist voters who voted for the color of Obama’s skin, not the content of his character.

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM

This is why I rarely give Hollywood my money.

SouthernGent on February 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

This is a LIE.

Does anyone actually believe that if in 2008 the Democratic nominee was Hillary and the Republican nominee was Allen West, that this fraud would have voted for West because “he was black”?

Not a chance in Hell.

This clown voted for Obama because he was a black DEMOCRAT.

Period.

Opposite Day on February 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I said they were voting their race. Don’t how many have a blk population of 14%. Australia and Canada
are about as young and have had gender and racial equality longer than the US. As far as Africa and blks. Well how would the US fair if blks came here enslaved and pitted whites against whites ravaged your country of its natural resources . Ask the Haitains why up until recently they were paying the French for lost goods ( blk people ) and you have all the most powerful countries including the US demanding they repay the debt ( blk people). How.
nice of reagan to back the apartheid govt of SA. Many African countries are starting to prosper Angola for
example.

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

“Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is afraid that the U.S. Territory of Guam is going to “tip over and capsize” due to overpopulation.”

“My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”

I guess if Mr. Jackson lived in GA, in Hank Johnson’s district he would vote for Hank because he is black.

Wallythedog on February 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Just to set the record straight…Wouldn’t that be Alan Keyes?
Tomolena1 on February 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hold on there buddy. You both need to back and take 6th grade history or read something not from the beck school of history

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Double J ran for president in 1980 or ’84 if I’m not mistaken.
Double J and SLJ are both racists.
*I grew up Jewish, and conservative in an all-black neighborhood. I know quite a bit about ‘racism’.*
Btw: MY first choice for president was/is the blue-eyed, blonde…Bobby Jindal*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM

R reckon what Isserly means but for some reason does not want to tell, is Frederick Douglass.

There have been many other ‘blsck’ candidates for President.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I reckon what Isserly means but for some reason does not want to tell, is Frederick Douglass.

There have been many other ‘black’ candidates for President. The first I actually saw was Shirley Chisholm.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Dang, I’m the typo dork today. I better quit while I’m behind. Y’all have a good day.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I’m not sure what you mean–Keyes ran in 1996, long before Obama did.

DrMagnolias on February 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Haha! Yes. And you shouldn’t be embarrassed. I remember reading the elaborate rationale about the Obamas and their alleged Arab heritage. The author forgot to take into account the cultural factor of Black African converts to Islam and their practice of deciding that they are no longer black but Arab. Many countries in Africa go along with this charade as well. But the eyeball test for Obama Sr. tells the truth.

My personal jury is still out on whether Senior is Junior’s biological father, however.

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

People vote for a candidate for a lot of silly reasons besides race, for the most part. Because the person is good looking. Because the person was a great athlete. Because of the way their voice sounds. Because the person has a funny personality. Because he’s tall. If Obama was an ugly,short,nerdy looking black man with glasses he would’ve never been elected. If Hillary Clinton was attractive she probably would be president right now.

Mr. Neaux Nonsense on February 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Samuel L. Jackson is racist? He doesn’t strike me as a tea party conservative. Who knew?

The Rogue Tomato on February 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

[Obama's] message didn’t mean sh*t to me.”

…and your movies don’t mean sh*t to me either…

PatriotRider on February 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM

The limousine libs at NAACP notwithstanding, I believe there is more political diversity among blacks the higher up the economic ladder you climb. Still, just for giggles, if I lived in New York I’d have voted for that “Rent is too Damn High” Brother. He’s a hoot!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM

So You think maybe Frank Marshall Davis? That is my pet theory.

Which, Ironically, would settle that ‘birther’ controversy if it were true.

I wish you would hang around here more often. I always learn something interesting when you are around.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

People are voting for Romney because he looks presidential, they dont give a shit about his policies, he just looks right for the job.

dft2000 on February 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Oh, How I miss the old days, of HA, when the discussions were actually civil and useful. Remember when I didn’t just snark, when csdevin was sane and posted good arguments, When Entelechy was ‘Entelechious’?

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM

You know a blk person can smell a racist like an animal can smell fear. FYI. Next time you go to craker barrel I wouldnt drink the tea

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Ah, there it is. It always comes out eventually. Most recently it was the term “brown horde” by another (D) who could tell an illegal alien based solely on the neighborhood he lived in.

Regardless, it’s interesting to see your immediate and natural assumption regarding the color of low-skilled and generally immoral employees in the service industry.

Well done.

rogerb on February 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

You still aren’t answering any of the questions. Typical lib – all side-stepping and red herrings.

So if all us racist Republicans just vote our race as well, explain why Jesse Jackson could never get the nomination from all the enlightened liberal masses.

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I stand corrected. I guess I forgot the Revvvvvverand Jackson because I never took him seriously. Keyes, on the other hand, I was rooting for.

Tomolena1 on February 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Naturally YOU wouldn’t drink the tea – you’re the racist they can smell. But isn’t Cracker Barrel one of those southern redneck type restaurant chains? So who do think works there – and why are you afraid of them?
You libs are always making generalizations about everyone without having a clue about whom you’re talking.

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I wonder if the Leftists realize that making generalizations about people is called Stereotyping.

Chip on February 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM

You know a blk person can smell a racist like an animal can smell fear.

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Do you understand that YOU are the Racist here?

Chip on February 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM

-The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Who’s racist?

I’d say it’s the people who wrote that.

And who would that be? The Party for Socialism and Liberation.

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Careful there, if you quote too much King, the King family will send you a bill.

slickwillie2001 on February 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM

There was such a time?

angryed on February 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM

You guys are the ones accusing us of white guilt and that blks so loved food stamps that they blindly vote republican

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

There was such a time?
angryed on February 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Oh, yeah, we fought some good fights, but I had a lot of respect for him.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Why are you judging people based on the color of their skin?

Do you know what that is called?

Why isn’t Samuel L. Jackson considered to be a Racist?

Chip on February 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Sober up. Come back in 2 hours and try that again.

angryed on February 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Sam Jackson is a huge disappointment. I first found out about his blatant and disgusting racism just prior to the 2008 campaign and have not supported him or anything he’s done since, which isn’t alot anyway.

He may be a good actor, but he’s a horrible person. Anyone that votes for a candidate simply on race or religious bent is a putrid person not worth my time or consideration for anything.

People like him need to find a country more fitting to live in. Syria would fit Jackson just fine.

Wolfmoon on February 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

….or (b) the triumph of his superior campaign skills, which enabled him to package a progressive agenda in vague rhetoric that captured the hearts and minds of many Americans.

Shouldn’t have been included. Bozo the Clown could have run the same campaign if like Obama, after almost 2 calendar years of campaigning he didn’t ever have to answer a tough question about himself, his past or his policies. It was icing on the cake that he had almost no record to run on.

TugboatPhil on February 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

The really ironic part is that the irony of your post is lost on you.

angryed on February 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

But isn’t Cracker Barrel one of those southern redneck type restaurant chains?

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM

There are others? Names please so I can try them out.

TugboatPhil on February 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

What are you smokin? When have any blacks ever blindly voted for a Republican to get more food stamps? You’re clueless.

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM

There are others? Names please so I can try them out.

TugboatPhil on February 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

We’ve got Cheddars out here – good southern style food, not quite as “redneck” as Cracker Barrel. Does that count?
I hope you understand my comment had a bit of sarc in it just for Isserly.

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM

So You think maybe Frank Marshall Davis? That is my pet theory.

Which, Ironically, would settle that ‘birther’ controversy if it were true.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I think he’s trying to hide his actual parentage, yes. It would settle the birther stuff, but it would also ruin his life narrative. (You might remember that my biological father is Kenyan Luo also and that he and Obama Sr. were drinking buddies.)

I’m going to try to hand around more often. You folks are family. Well, some of you…lol

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Yeah…:::sigh:::

baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Glad to see that the RACIST! Jackson has finally come out of the closet.

GarandFan on February 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Heh, I got the first half right again, but didn’t remember the second. Didn’t know they were ‘drinking buddies’.

I’m going to try to hang around more often. You folks are family. Well, some of you…lol
baldilocks on February 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

That would be nice, for a few of us old timers. Probably ‘class up the joint’ too much for many of the new ones. ;-)

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

This round to obummer. everytime.
This thread more or less proves their point….
ich bin ein Racists

FlaMurph on February 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Glad that Sam finally admitted that he is a racist.

lilium479 on February 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Samuel L. Jackson: I voted for Barack because he’s black

No…you voted for Barack because he’s half black

I, on the other hand, voted against Barack…and I’m black.

Correlation? None. I voted against his ideas and policies, not his flippin race.

But glad to see, my opinion of Hollywood still holds true. No wonder I’ll never work there…lol

BlaxPac on February 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Does your “kudo” include Golda Meir?

Del Dolemonte on February 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM

<We still have not had a woman president and they have had many so kudos to them
Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Heh, I didn't notice that when it was posted.

You DO know if it wasn't for Barack Hussein 0bama, we very likely WOULD have a woman President right now.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

You’re Funny.

Del Dolemonte on February 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Heh, I didn't notice that when it was posted.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Izzy would say that was All Bush’s Fault too.

Del Dolemonte on February 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Izzy would say that was All Bush’s Fault too.
Del Dolemonte on February 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Well, we can be pretty certain that it wouldn’t have been McCain’s fault that Hillary lost.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Like we didn’t know that already!
Race trumps all else.
I know black women who supported HRC, but when they got in the voting booth, they voted for obama. Some said they couldn’t help it, they just had to vote for the black one.

lonestar1 on February 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM

well at least he’s honest.

what i don’t like is for people to think it’s okay to vote for obama just because he’s black, yet if someone says obama’s being black is the reason they DIDN’T vote for him, suddenly that is racist. um, both things are racist.

Sachiko on February 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM

This thread more or less proves their point….

FlaMurph on February 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

That the true racists are on the Left.

Chip on February 13, 2012 at 4:48 PM

i don’t find it racist or antis emetic to note that at any given time jews and blacks 80%-90% strong vote for the left

in fact its a litmus test to whether a policy is good or bad and it proves itself

yet the commie party they love will be their undoing

Sonosam on February 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I thought he was a Jedi Knight but in fact he’s just a racist. Sad.

LizardLips on February 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Darn, if we could have just gotten Herman Cain as the nominee, the GOP would have locked up 99% of the black vote, because at least he’s fully black, and not half hippie honky.

kirkill on February 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Not a chance in he11 that Jackon was being honest here.

Jackon would not vote to elect Clarence Thomas to any governent position, not even Master of Sewers!

Q.E.D. …

RedPepper on February 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I agree with you, Jackson was not being honest. The truth is, he will vote for a liberal before he will vote for a black person. In this case, he finds it easier to defend blatant racism than Obama’s liberal policies and record. He can’t defend the promises that Obama made while running for president and the reality of his deeds since becoming president as anything but lies so instead he blurts out “his message didn’t mean sh*t to me”. He also knows that displaying blatant racism in favor of blacks over whites gives him street creed. He understands that many of his fans are racist blacks who will only respect him more for these kinds of ugly remarks.

Dollayo on February 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM

kirkill on February 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM

It only works if the black candidate has a D next to their name. Remember Michael Steele in MD?

lonestar1 on February 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

95% of Mormons are voting for Romney because he is a mormon how is that different
liberal4life on February 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Are you sure it is 95%, not 97.6% or 98% or 99% or 95.96%?

DSchoen on February 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

So what color is he now?

DSchoen on February 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Soooooo – you libs have a bad case of white guilt BECAUSE you didn’t give JJ the nomination – on any of his several runs?
Again – you can’t answer the question – just throw out some avoidance maneuver.

dentarthurdent on February 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I don’t see the difference between what Samuel L. Jackson did and this:

Plus, do you seriously want anyone to believe that Tina would interview a random small town mayor running in a primary with Mia Love’s political and professional resumé if that candidate is a white male (or even a white female)? Nobody really believes that.

joana on February 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

joana on February 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

lonestar1 on February 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Actually Steele is the worst example you could give. He got 25% of the black vote, an incredibly high mark for a republican in Maryland.

joana on February 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

??????????????????

Nom de Boom on February 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I don’t begrudge any black person for voting for Obama based on the color of his skin, especially those old enough to remember pre-Civil Rights days. To dwell on it more than three years later is silly, pointless, and another distraction from real issues.

Dante on February 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Dante on February 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

One of my closest friends is an elderly black Navy vet who was almost killed because he made the mistake of sitting by the white Admiral’s daughter on the bus. If he could get over that era and befriend a young(ish) white/Indian dude like me, hang out with me, and put me some knowledge about the way the world works, then nobody has any excuse for the kind of racism SLJ displayed here. Distraction? Maybe. Excusable? Not a chance.

Nom de Boom on February 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

……. [Obama's] message didn’t mean sh*t to me.”

It didn’t mean sh*t to Obama either, racist.

RovesChins on February 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Samuel Jackson, in character didn’ just vote for Obama b/c he is black….

He voted for mother f—– Obama because he’s mother f—– black. :)

Dr. Tesla on February 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but if people voted according to `who they look like`, then Obama would have lost and lost by a good margin.

What a total tool. It`s getting to the point where there aren`t a lot of movies I wish to see or music I wish to buy. It`s coming pretty close to me not seeing the Avengers movie, but the only thing keeping me somewhat still thinking about it is Robert Downey Jr.

Should probably thank them for helping me save my money.

It is nice, however, to see someone bluntly say they`re a lazy idiot. Doesn`t happen nearly often enough.

kim roy on February 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

First blk president in a country over 200+ yrs old shocker. You guys havie been voting for your skin color for centuries and all of the sudden blks can’t do the same. Call a whambulance

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM

See, this is a perfect example of the stupidity that is liberalism. Note the implicit statement of guilt in the term “you guys.” Were we, the readers of Hot Air present at all these elections that are apparently “our” fault? Of course not. Physical impossibility. Violation of the laws of physics. But somehow, because of the (presumed) level of melanin in “our” skin, we are automatically assumed to be responsible for events that transpired over 200 years ago.

This ridiculous genetic theory of guilt is pathetic. It is racist on its face. It offends fundamental reason. Yet somehow it flourishes in the minds of countless liberals in this country.

Understand this, white conservatives. To these nincompoops, you are inherently, genetically, ontologically guilty. There is something fundamentally wrong with you. Unless you give up your conservatism and your independent reasoning, you will never be one of the “good ones.” It doesn’t matter what you do. It doesn’t matter what you say. You are genetically evil.

Liberating, isn’t it?

Nom de Boom on February 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Well a lot of Mormons do vote for Romney b/c he’s Mormon and a lot of Christians voted for Huckabee in 2008 simply b/c he was Christian…these “conservatives” don’t care much other than these guy’s religions.

Identity politics is at work in our party too.

Dr. Tesla on February 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

If i got a dollar for every time I got called white*** growing up…I’d be one rich white***

We are getting to a point where there has to be some growth on both side. Obama was the wrong man at the wrong time for so many reasons. His outlook on life breeds hatred and it manifests itself in some interesting ways. It has become ok to make fun of SOME people and I thought we were trying to get passed such things.

The past shouldn’t matter anymore. Sometime you just have to realize the past is the past, learn from it and move on.

tomas on February 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Identity politics is at work in our party too.

Dr. Tesla on February 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

And it`s worked so well for us too. It`s never a problem to vote for someone who `looks the same`, but at least review what they have to say and their beliefs.

It`s all identity politics to some degree – isn`t that what it`s really about – finding the similarities and voting that way.

kim roy on February 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Anyone know who Charles Payne is? The black guy on FoxBusiness who’s usually right on about the economy?

He rips Obama a new one on a regular basis, only problem is he admitted he voted for Obama b/c he’s BLACK!!!

Payne is the worst. What a disgrace! Go against all your principles just to get a president with the same skin color as you. Too bad FoxBusiness doesn’t have enough of a spine to fire this clown!

LevinFan on February 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Since plenty of folks said that they voted for Sarah, not McCain, maybe on the other side, people with madcap crazy uncles voted for Biden, not Barack.
:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on February 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

This is hardly news worthy. Voting to put one of your own in, be they Irish, Italian, Chinese, Poliash, Female, Gay, or Black, is a common occurence in these United States.

Sheerq on February 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

The people most offended and least surprised by these statements are black conservatives. We saw this coming a mile away.

Dante on February 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

If someone is voting based on PTSD from the Civil Rights Era racism they suffered, you’d think they’d be focused on voting for the party that didn’t filibuster every piece of legislation.

Identity politics is at work in our party too.

Dr. Tesla on February 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I don’t remember any fundamentalist or LDS folks holding weaponry outside of buildings to keep atheists from voting. That’s unique to one identity politics voting group.

RachDubya on February 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I just vote against the Murdercrats. Their race or gender makes no difference whatsoever.

S. D. on February 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Isserley on February 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Oh you’re the guy that makes the tea…wow you should be proud.

CW on February 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

That’s why everyone voted for him, duh. Jackson’s the only one brave/stupid enough to say it out loud.

Jaibones on February 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

What’s new from hotgas and tina korbe? I was looking for the white rappers dropping n word and being a disgrace to humanity at CPAC on here but alas that is not part of the narrative

residentblue on February 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM