Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on February 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘This is big,’ wrote White House director of new media Macon Phillips in a February 23, 2009 blog post, ‘the President today promised that by the end of his first term, he will cut in half the massive federal deficit we’ve inherited. And we’ll do it in a new way: honestly and candidly.’

“Indeed, President Obama did make that promise that day, saying, ‘today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay — and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.’

“The 2013 budget the president submitted today does not come close to meeting this promise of being reduced to $650 billion for fiscal year 2013.”

***

“Let’s recall that this document lays out what President Obama wants to do in terms of fiscal policy in the coming years. It is what he would do if he were completely free to act as he chose. And what would that be? After having presided over three of the largest deficits in our history, the president wants to go for four, and to end his term having added $6.4 trillion to the nation’s gross debt (about as much total debt in four years as the United States amassed in its first 225 years combined). He proposes to spend more next year than this year (and next year is the only year for which this budget would actually be the budget), he offers no meaningful entitlement reform (and therefore no way out of an oncoming debt crisis), and to soften the blow he filters his spending numbers through a series of patently transparent and insulting gimmicks (for instance, he counts as savings from the Iraq and Afghanistan drawdowns money that was never even requested or budgeted in the first place, he counts interest savings from tax increases as spending cuts, he relies on completely unrealistic growth projections for the coming years, and on and on).

“Of course, this is par for the course for this president. His budget documents have all been studies in the dereliction of duty. And it’s true that this particular act of dereliction has in it more elements of class warfare and punitive and economically damaging targeted tax increases than the past ones. But as we take note of that added layer of misguided political economy, we should not lose sight of the underlying scandal—the president’s complete lack of interest in addressing the mounting fiscal crisis which his policies have so severely exacerbated, and his readiness to allow our government’s finances to collapse around him (or rather around his wretched successor) and to burden our children with an unprecedented and unbearable burden of debt.”

***

***

ANDREA MITCHELL: With us now is acting Budget Director, Jeffrey Zients, thanks so much. First of all, they renamed your budget “debt on arrival.” What is your response to that?

JEFFREY ZIENTS: I think the President has put forward today a balanced budget. Balanced in two ways. First of all, the President invests and makes immediate investments in job creation, starting with making sure that the payroll tax cut continues, and that we do not have a tax increase on 160 million Americans. The President also has proposals to put Americans back to work, on infrastructure projects, to modernize our schools, to help rebuild our neighborhoods. At the same time, we have year over year of deficit reduction, leading to a stable debt to GDP ratio by 2018. So it’s balanced, in that we have immediate job creation and then we have deficit reduction. And the deficit reduction itself is done in a balanced way. $2.50 of spending cuts for every dollar of new revenue. So I think this is a responsible budget and we hope Congress takes it seriously and passes it’s into law soon.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Still running a couple of tests after a machine restart. I’m thinking its Firefox / HotAir.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Well at least you were inside, so that’s something, right? And I’ll bet you made those fixtures shine like the sun! No shame in that and it gives you lots of time to ponder our current political landscape. Winning!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Actually our current political landscape look like the contents of the object of my work.

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Great a page change, whats the luck of that. One more time. God I get so tired of hearing that.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Here’s what Malcolm X intended to bring about, by any means necessary:

You will never get real freedom and recognition between black and white people in this country without destroying the country, without destroying the present political system, without destroying the present economic system, without rewriting the entire constitution. It will be a complete destruction of everything that America supposedly stands for.

Malcolm X

And here’s a quote from the current resident of the White House, who found what he was looking for “only” in Malcolm X…

Only Malcolm X’s autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words. His unadorned insistence on respect. He promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline.

Barack Hussein Obama

… and who shares his journey with Malcolm X:

But my journey is part of a larger journey – one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to our society. It’s a journey that takes us back to our nation’s founding, when none other than a UCC church inspired the Boston Tea Party and helped bring an Empire to its knees.

Barack Hussein Obama

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

JPeterman, Do you have Chrome or Safari?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

They are talking about that zombie show around here somewhere, you know. That would be right up your peryeulok, no?

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Since when? Firefox released an update a bit ago. I am suspecting Firefox to be the trouble. Chrome is fine . Safari is fine. Microsoft still sucks. what browser are you using?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Just teasing:-) I’m using IE9 with Win7 and haven’t had any issues.
What’s the version of FF you updated to? I’m familiar with FF/Flash Player/Java, etc. I’ll do some checking for you, but I’m sure it’s related to FF.

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Barry’s journey is part of a larger journey – one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to … bring an Empire to its knees.

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

JPeterman, Do you have Chrome or Safari?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Yes I live at the intersection of zombie lane and dead end drive. For some reason EVERYONE looks pale around here.

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Thats funny I figured it was nice-poltergeist. Seems to be a Firefox issue John, Chrome is fine, Safari is fine. Firefox had an updater just a bit ago, not sure if it was before or after the problem first became evident. I’m just gonna stick with Chrome for now. QOTD and all. I’ll figure it out in the a.m.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Like father, like son.

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

PS..Greece is the word..:)

Dire Straits on February 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

♫Grease is the time, is the place for eruption
Grease is the way we are heading….
Grease is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future
Is the future

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So — not a fan? I’m surprised.

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

another day in which the GOP officeholders should be telling anyone that will listen how inept 4 years of obama will be/was with america’s most serious economic problem and…

barely a peep.

obama in 2013 is all a done deal unless the GOP officeholders can walk and talk like they did in 2010.

cougar on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I have to disagree with Charles K from that video clip.

Lew lied. He lied because this administration does nothing but lie with respect to the budget and its fiscal projections. Lew wouldn’t know the truth if it bite him on the a**.

PackerBronco on February 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

So — not a fan? I’m surprised.

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Not a fan of what?

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Obama is now over 50% to St Romney’s 42%.
Out of touch is an understatement when it comes to this radical Republican party. Who would have thought a so called socialist will be polling over 50% against all of the conservative Gods out there.

HotAirLib on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Radical Republican party? Romney? That right there is knee-slapping funny.

As far as your poll quote; it’s not very meaningful since you don’t reference which poll nor do you identify the internals. If it is like recent polls that are giving a 10 or more point advantage to Democrats while undersampling Republicans, it too is meaningless.

So bottom line, your post was in line with your moniker: just a bunch of hot air from a lib

AZfederalist on February 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I have to disagree with Charles K from that video clip.

PackerBronco on February 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

He was also quite obnoxious, in a smirking, false bravado way.

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Not a fan of what?

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

The zombie show — The Walking Dead.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Yeah I’m with you its definitely looking like a FF problem in their last updater. Not the first time. About a month ago they did one that never fully finished its install yet the browser still ran okay. I just happen to notice a problem on my own website and checked FF updaters and it read updater in progress which had actually started a number of days earlier. Went ahead and did a manual update and it was find. Mozilla2012!

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

barely a peep.

cougar on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

It’s been all about Whitney Houston for the past 48 hours, non-stop. She was a great singer, but I have no idea why these people who die of overdoses are glorified by the press and the media.

JPeterman on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I looked up SMOD. Still don’t know what it is.

davidk on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

The zombie show — The Walking Dead.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

You realize that I don’t REALLY care about zombies, don’t you?

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Alright now that I’ve lost track of everything where to start? Oh yeah, QOTD.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

AZfederalist on February 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

It’s always funny when a lib attempts to analyze republican politics in ANY way.

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

You realize that I don’t REALLY care about zombies, don’t you?

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

You don’t have to be ashamed of it. I’m not judging you.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

LoLz..:)

PS..Someone needs to listen to Paul Ryan and quickly..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Chilling.

davidk on February 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You don’t have to be ashamed of it. I’m not judging you.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

You think I’m capable of feeling shame???

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You think I’m capable of feeling shame???

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Ah, now you’re going to get a swelled head.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Ah, now you’re going to get a swelled head.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I won’t make the obvious joke.

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

JPeterman on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Maybe thats why Rush had this today :
eye on the ball

burrata on February 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Dinnerjacket did it: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/14/us-iran-internet-idUSTRE81D06W20120214?feedType=RSS&feedName=internetNews&rpc=22&sp=true

davidk on February 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Mozilla2012!

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

LOL Anytime FF updates, it’s always good to update your plugins, especially Flash Player & Java. They all work together. When you really have a headache is when all three update at the same time, LOL

bluefox on February 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I won’t make the obvious joke.

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

*Jaw (literally) drops* See? I can still be surprised.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

JPeterman on February 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Houston, we have a problem!

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

*Jaw (literally) drops* See? I can still be surprised.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Why wouldn’t a slightly pale, upstanding Republican woman live in a state of perpetual surprise?

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

LOL I am incredibly street-wise and cynical. You have formed a mistaken impression of me somehow.

cynccook on February 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Good night!

Igor R. on February 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Seems to be a Firefox issue John, Chrome is fine, Safari is fine.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Yep. My Safari was fine, too.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM

bluefox on February 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Yeah, I looking forward to no flash. Can’t stand Flash. Alright now to read. Thanks.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I=I’m

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Look at this epic fail about to happen. Old Rick just can’t contain himself from his morale crusade.

Ace: http://minx.cc/?post=326667

rubberneck on February 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Anyone else notice in a anti-Obowma thread…

… bluegill and Jailbreak are no where to be seen?

Oh, wait…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I use Firefox and my computer isn’t jumping.

Maybe my computer just loves me more.

Midwestprincesse on February 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Glad it’s all working now. I don’t have any problem with Flash. Since Flash is used so much, it’s usually other plugins or addons that will conflict with Flash. Silverlight is known to conflict with FF.

Computers are as needy as children sometimes, LOL

bluefox on February 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, I didn’t realize the White House could be so funny. Awesome joke, Mr. Phillips.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Jake Tapper
Good ole tap tap. Yeah, yeah, promises, promises. Its why 0 has been such a great President and why we all admire him so./ Frugal, the word that comes to my mind when you mention 0.
Yuval Levin
Yep 0 votes present as President slings up the largest spending deficit in the history of our Nation. And I’m supposed to never ?, just simply admire the man and the merits of his wonderful accomplishments. I don’t know about the rest of you tax paying stiff but I ain’t giving him $136,000.00 in back taxes. Oh yeah thats what they are now back taxes. Well I will help to show his a$$ the door come November. 0 is done!
Video 1 The drunk lady. shurrukin you watching this nonsense. Its a record! Oh boy a freaking record. If the American citizenry reelects this big spender they can pay for it . Just call me Galt. And oh yeah I can do it. 1000 plus days no budget, let set the stage with that you a$$hats. I just want to scream. I won’t but I will help show him the door in November.
Video 2 Debt on Arrival. Balanced with investments and tax cuts. Who the heII is this idiot talking and why am I listening to him? Responsible. They don’t know jack! I want to scream! I won’t but I will help show him the door this November.
Video 3 Charles, How we doing? I see you see. Yes Charles our side does suck. They’re side sucks worse. Scandalous you say? Really? Lew=Math is hard. You know what won’t be hard? Showing the a$$hats the door come November.
Video 3 Blame,Blame,Blame,Crisis,Crisis,Crisis,Inflation,Collapse,Tax,Tax,Tax,Collapse,Collapse,Collapse,Ugly End Empty Promise,Ugly Empty Promises. Dark decline,Dyer Dark Empty Collapse. But there is a way out thru a very small window.Borrow,Borrow,Borrow,Spend,Spend,Spend. Lose Control. Collapse. Burn. Choosing Solutions. My friends this is a tough message to sell. It may not sell. When it doesn’t sell. Will you be able to go Galt?

Two words:

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM

TWO WORDS: WORST EVER! Also a tough sell. Its gonna be tough.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Alright now that I’ve lost track of everything where to start? Oh yeah, QOTD.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

How about another rousing round of “Name That Party”?

Name That Party: Reuters, AP Fail to Tag Ray Nagin, Under Federal Investigation, as a Dem

Maybe there’s some unwritten guideline in the press relating to when a politician who is no longer holding office doesn’t have to have his party label applied if he gets into some kind of trouble — even if that trouble related to when he was in office.

The suspicion here is that the rule only applies to past Democratic Party officeholders, and that the guideline period is unduly short. A recent example is former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, a Democrat who is under investigation for bribery and kickbacks. Both the Associated Press and Reuters failed to tag Nagin or any other Democrat in their related reports; the AP report called him a “moderate.”

[...]

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

bluefox on February 14, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Flash is just one of those non compliant got you by the shorts hairs kinda things. I hate working with it.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Hey Flora, good day? Last time I checked ole AP and Reuters were doing P.R. work for ole 0. Some things never change. Probably the most disparaging QOTD since I’ve been here. Thank you Allah, may I have another. Now I have to pick a song to fit this? Geez.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Anyone else notice in a anti-Obowma thread…

… bluegill and Jailbreak are no where to be seen?

Oh, wait…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM

bluegill and csdeven may still be trying to figure out why a broken clock is correct twice a day.

I kid you not. Many of the comments on the last 2 pages of last night’s QOTD were spent trying to explain to csdeven why his and blugill’s assertion that a broken clock can only be right once a day is wrong.

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It’s doing the same for me. I use Firefox but it’s only HA that’s jumping when a page is reloaded.

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Dire Straits

QOTD song right here friend. ; I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ou-6A3MKow

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM

QOTD song right here friend. ; I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ou-6A3MKow

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Smokestack lightnin’.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Flora
Its definitely an issue with FireFox and the flash stuff HA uses. If you have Chrome or Safari loaded use them. I have already shot a note off to FF. Yeah ole csdeven, contrary about that clock thing. They don’t call 24 hours in a day for nothing, figures nighttime would confuse her/him, with all that hate in the heart and no room in that noggin for anything but Palin. Poor thing. Funny though.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:18 AM

You know thats right John. What ya got?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Yes, I had as good as day as one can expect I guess while the Boy King is still in office.

Here ya go, if Jodi Miller doesn’t make you feel better, then, well…

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Old Rick just can’t contain himself from his morale crusade.

rubberneck on February 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

He missed his calling in life. He should be a pastor.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

John, where the heck is everyone?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Flora
I love Jodi, I was glad they kept the laugh track, oddly enough.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

What ya got?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Uhm, this.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:12 AM

CSDeven just for you

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

where the heck is everyone?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Do you really have to ask?

There’s a Palin thread at the top of the Hot Picks column.

lol

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

CSDeven just for you

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Actually this one is made for you.

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Sweet. Thats what I’m talkin bout John.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Republicans need a new schtick.

What good does it do telling yourself what you want to hear when the rest of the country has tuned you out?

The average American knows full well if the Dems tried to pass a budget through reconciliation…the word you’re all to dishonest to use…the same people would be freaking out calling it a trick.

Oh wait..you did that last time.

So despite the constant attack and spin, maybe because of it, Obama seems a lock for re-election.

With the metrics so horrible for re-election yet Obama still floating free, do you think the conservatives will look in the mirror?

Hell no, they blame soros and media matters.

Oh wait…

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Flora
Are you kidding me? Allah!

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

RickB
I would have never guessed. Wow?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yeah, remember when the Dems had a near super-majority and passed a great budget and the GOP whined about it?

Oh, wait, they never passed a budget because they’re cowards who only care about re-election.

By the way, this is exactly what reconciliation is SUPPOSED to be used for. Not to foist an unconstitutional health-care system on Americans who don’t want it. Just a little Pro-tip for ya’.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

CSDeven just for you

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

LOL

All I could think of while watching that was “No sh*t Sherlock”.

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Flora
I don’t care what Allah says. All this Palin stuff is not healthy and I am an unapologetic fan. I peeked in over there its just nutty. I just have to think its making everyone crazy.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I would have never guessed. Wow?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Did you turn the volume up for the 2nd one and wake the wife.

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

RickB on February 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Earbuds, she’s crashed.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

You mean the same reconciliation in which the Dems threatened to ram through the largest entitlement in history without a single bipartisan vote in support?

The thrill is gone.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Ok but how does it help your cause having people like charles k tell the base what it wants to hear?

How does fuming and demanding the most strident position help bring the average voter back into the fold. Or at least start listening to Obama criticism again?

Right now Obama’s playing the conservative base harder than the big bad ‘establishment’ gop is so I’m confused why you all keep doing the same thing over and over when it’s clearly not working.

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

John , when I was a kid me and my friend Billy used to sneak over to the Pier Ballroom and sneak up under the boardwalk and shimmy up under the stage area so we could hear him. We thought we were so cool.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Um, it’s called punditry. It’s ubiquitous on both sides of the aisle.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Check this one out..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

We thought we were so cool.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Uh, Bmore, that is cool.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM

freshface, how does it help for you to lie about the Dems reasons for not passing a budget? It’s disingenuous to act like it’s because the GOP will block it, or they’ll “freak out” and complain about “tricks.”

You know exactly why they aren’t doing it: it’s bad politics. They’ll get punished just like they were in 2010. So why not be honest about it if we’re trying to have an actual back-and-forth on this site?

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Dire you been over there on that Palin thread. Gonna rot your brain one of these days/ : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Tomorrow, call Harry Reid’s office and DEMAND he bring the 15+ jobs bills passed by the House up for discussion on Senate floor.

Being the patriotic American you are, we all know you’ll be on that first thing in the morning, won’t you?

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Dire
That’s a new one on me. I like it. : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

He’s only talking to political junkies who follow this, but the message is one of common sense. You democrats are so incompetent that you fail to do the most basic of tasks, which is to produce a budget. The epic in that fail is so extraordinary, and yet the democrats rely on people not to notice or care. They rely on the stupidity factor. Perhaps the democrats are correct in that assumption, given that they voted for a political thug from Chicago while believing him to be some sort of racial Messiah. But it’s deeply cynical and horribly irresponsible.

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Dire
Its says they are from Christchurch, Virginia. How on earth did I miss them?

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

No Palin thread for me..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Never mind Dire I see how I missed them. Its a time thing. 89, 90 Dire thanks much for the new stuff I’ll add everything they have ever done to my collection. Dire we got compliments today for our good work last night. portlandon and….. crap I can’t remember I’ll have to go back and look it up…..and kim roy.
Yeah potlandon and kim roy, good folks I assume.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM

No Palin thread for me..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Glad to hear that. : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I never said that was the reason. I said while the conservative media tries to call Lew a liar, the average voter isn’t buying it.

Since Lew wasn’t lying, and none of the pundits are saying the way it would need to pass is through reconciliation, what good does this double speak to the base accomplish?

Right now Obama has won the tax argument, the spending argument, the congress grid lock argument, and on and on.

The average voter sees Obama trying to get as much done to help them as he can while the GOP tries to block everything. While the conservative base calls him names and claims he’s trying to destroy their country.

So no budget, is no biggie.

It has little to do with optics and more to do with narrative maintenance.

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

potlandon=portlandon

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

The average voter could care less. They are the lemmings.

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Barry talked about taxing the millionaires, (as if they are not paying enough tax already), but in his new budget, the millionaire level becomes $250,000.

He also wants to increase tax on dividend from 15 to 40%, which is higher than the top rate for income tax. Many people depends on dividends from investment in their retirement years. Since dividend is already taxed at 35% at the corporate tax level, only 39 cents of each dollar of earned profit from a company are left for the share holders, a whopping 61% before State tax makes its claim. Look for the stock market to tank and 401k and pension plans suffer under Barry’s plan if it is allowed through.

galtani on February 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM

John the Libertarian on February 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Good one JtL..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

freshface on February 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

That statement is based on nothing. You haven’t a clue what the average voter is thinking.

Lew either lied, twice, or he is completely incompetent. It’s one or the other.

Chuck Schick on February 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

No Palin thread for me..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Glad to hear that. : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I’m off to bed, before I go I wanted to leave you with this, in honor of Media Matter’s David Brooks.

See you tomorrow.

Flora Duh on February 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Good deal..:)

PS..They are good HA posters..:)

Dire Straits on February 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Good night Flora, pleasant dreams. : )

Bmore on February 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM