Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on February 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

“‘This is big,’ wrote White House director of new media Macon Phillips in a February 23, 2009 blog post, ‘the President today promised that by the end of his first term, he will cut in half the massive federal deficit we’ve inherited. And we’ll do it in a new way: honestly and candidly.’

“Indeed, President Obama did make that promise that day, saying, ‘today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay — and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.’

“The 2013 budget the president submitted today does not come close to meeting this promise of being reduced to $650 billion for fiscal year 2013.”

***

“Let’s recall that this document lays out what President Obama wants to do in terms of fiscal policy in the coming years. It is what he would do if he were completely free to act as he chose. And what would that be? After having presided over three of the largest deficits in our history, the president wants to go for four, and to end his term having added $6.4 trillion to the nation’s gross debt (about as much total debt in four years as the United States amassed in its first 225 years combined). He proposes to spend more next year than this year (and next year is the only year for which this budget would actually be the budget), he offers no meaningful entitlement reform (and therefore no way out of an oncoming debt crisis), and to soften the blow he filters his spending numbers through a series of patently transparent and insulting gimmicks (for instance, he counts as savings from the Iraq and Afghanistan drawdowns money that was never even requested or budgeted in the first place, he counts interest savings from tax increases as spending cuts, he relies on completely unrealistic growth projections for the coming years, and on and on).

“Of course, this is par for the course for this president. His budget documents have all been studies in the dereliction of duty. And it’s true that this particular act of dereliction has in it more elements of class warfare and punitive and economically damaging targeted tax increases than the past ones. But as we take note of that added layer of misguided political economy, we should not lose sight of the underlying scandal—the president’s complete lack of interest in addressing the mounting fiscal crisis which his policies have so severely exacerbated, and his readiness to allow our government’s finances to collapse around him (or rather around his wretched successor) and to burden our children with an unprecedented and unbearable burden of debt.”

***

***

ANDREA MITCHELL: With us now is acting Budget Director, Jeffrey Zients, thanks so much. First of all, they renamed your budget “debt on arrival.” What is your response to that?

JEFFREY ZIENTS: I think the President has put forward today a balanced budget. Balanced in two ways. First of all, the President invests and makes immediate investments in job creation, starting with making sure that the payroll tax cut continues, and that we do not have a tax increase on 160 million Americans. The President also has proposals to put Americans back to work, on infrastructure projects, to modernize our schools, to help rebuild our neighborhoods. At the same time, we have year over year of deficit reduction, leading to a stable debt to GDP ratio by 2018. So it’s balanced, in that we have immediate job creation and then we have deficit reduction. And the deficit reduction itself is done in a balanced way. $2.50 of spending cuts for every dollar of new revenue. So I think this is a responsible budget and we hope Congress takes it seriously and passes it’s into law soon.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

More of the same…
F- for President Bankrupt.

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I thought it was just my computer…
Not sure what is going on..

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Uh… Because 17 Trillion dollars is a lot of money?

Roy Rogers on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

But Whitney Houston’s plane just landed in New Jersey…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

But Whitney Houston’s plane just landed in New Jersey…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Who????

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

BHO: Hugo Chavez, I read your book…

d1carter on February 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Translation: It will be the fault of the Do Nothing Congress™ that Teh One’s brilliant budget does not pass.

conservative pilgrim on February 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

JEFFREY ZIENTS: I think the President has put forward today a balanced budget.

I don’t think you know what that word means.

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Uh… Because 17 Trillion dollars is a lot of money?

Roy Rogers on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

… and Obowma has already spent the money for 2012 and 2013 already.

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

*sigh*

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM

“Damn, I just can’t seem to destroy this country,” -Barack Hufarted Obooba.

Akzed on February 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Truly scandalous indeed, Dr. Krauthammer. But no one’s paying attention. And most people on HA think Mitt is the devil, when I am convinced he can balance the budget.

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You lie! Zits should have been a little more subtle in his spin by saying something like the following: I think the President has put forth a balanced approach to the budget.

Wigglesworth on February 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Come on, Guys….
I cannot transform the country that I love without more money…

*Darn…chasing this page that is hopping up and down with my mouse’s scroll wheel is tedious..*

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

But Whitney Houston’s plane just landed in New Jersey…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Thank God, I’ve been waiting for hours for her safe arrival//

…..And I can’t believe that Greta is covering the insanity.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Paul Ryan: We’ve got 2 or 3 years to avert a debt crisis or we’ll go through a very long dark period of decline

You had a chance to make this the big issue of the 2012 election. You passed on it. It’s getting harder for me to take you seriously.

Mark1971 on February 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Obowma’s budget for idiots…

+$15,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$16,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$17,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$18,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$19,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$20,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Noted “Budget Hawk” and super smartest president evah, Barak Heussein 0bama unveiled his fable for 2013 but only if the demokrat party votes for it in the Senate.

It’s going to be GLORIOUS FUTURE komrades, GLORIOUS!

jukin3 on February 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Come on guys!
Budget? We don’t need no stinkin’ budget!

KOOLAID2 on February 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Sheesh, he was only off by $5.5 trillion dollars……that’s worth a good solid B+.

dthorny on February 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

So have y’all heard about the miracle ?

Solyndra aside, feds stands to lose less than expected in energy loans

The government could lose nearly $3 billion on Energy Department loans for green energy programs – far less than the $10 billion Congress set aside for the high-risk program, according to an independent review.

The White House ordered the review after criticism of a $528 million loan to Solyndra Inc., a California solar company that went bankrupt.

The review, led by former Treasury Department official Herb Allison, looked at 30 loans or loan guarantees totaling $23.8 billion that were offered to green energy companies and auto makers such as Ford and Nissan.

The review did not involve Solyndra or Beacon Power Corp., a Massachusetts energy storage company that also went bankrupt after receiving a federal loan. The government has lost $567 million from those two loans so far, although officials said this week they could recover as much as $28 million from the sale of Beacon to a private equity firm.

Obama Hussein just saved us $ 7 Billion

burrata on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I thought it was just my computer…
Not sure what is going on..

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Let’s figure it out for them. I’m using Firefox, and it’s clearly freaking out. What other browsers have the problem? Anyone using IE, or Safari?

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I thought it was just my computer…
Not sure what is going on..

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Hi, guys
I’m avoiding the other posts because they have been infected with the plague.

I guess this one is too boring, since it’s so important and all.

MontanaMmmm on February 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

tom daschle concerned on February 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

40% of this will be borrowed from the Chinese!

Akzed on February 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Firefox here too. I am installing more memory to get IE started as I type….

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Obowma’s budget for idiots…

+$15,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$16,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$17,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$18,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$19,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

+$20,000,000,000,000.00 in debt…

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Just like electronics….
You buy the first release and low and behold…it is already outdated…

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I’m using Firefox and it updated a couple of days ago, about the same time all of the jumping started.

BMore mentioned in another thread this evening. I thought is was my computer.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Using Internet Explorer here -and it got shakey when I opened this thread… just for a few seconds (going up & down).

GuitarMark on February 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

40% of this will be borrowed from the Chinese!

Akzed on February 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

What is more important ?
Prosperity and economic security of our country
or
moochers getting FREE mortgage,cars, gas, food, housing, medical, education, college, cable, smartphone, big screen TVs and contraception ?

burrata on February 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Investing like a drunken sailor. That’s my boy!

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

IE started and it doesn’t jump around…but…
Micro$oft keeps spamming me about downloading the latest version…
Want’s my permission to make IE my default browser to continue spamming…
And now wants me to update the latest version with SP2 because the latest version is crap…

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Seven Percent Solution on February 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

That evoked a good laugh

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Okay, loaded up Safari and there’s no jitters there.

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I guess this one is too boring, since it’s so important and all.

MontanaMmmm on February 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hello MontanaMmmm…
How’s the weather in my home state?

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Running IE 9. No problems. No annoying messages from Micrsoft.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Now we know why George Snufaloofagus asked Mitt that weird question in the ABC debate…here…

d1carter on February 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Mitts not the devil? Well this is just going to ruin my theology.

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Running IE 9. No problems. No annoying messages from Micrsoft.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I joke…sort of..
I am running IE 8 and MS want’s me to get IE 8 via a pop up window every time I start it…
Occupy My Computer…

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Using IE and I’ve got no problems with refreshing the page.

Vince on February 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I think it should be obvious by now that Obama is deliberately trying to wreck the US economy. No sensible person can fathom this level of irresponsibility as anything but Cloward-Piven writ large.

NNtrancer on February 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Investing like a drunken sailor. That’s my boy!

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Lift that barge, tote that bale,
Gets a little drunk and you lands in jail –

Oh that’s a stevedore, isn’t it? Still works!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Now running FF 9.0.1 with no jumping.

Loading slow but I noticed that it is downing an 18mb update in the background.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Using IE and I’ve got no problems with refreshing the page.

Vince on February 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Same here. I knew that Firefox was too good to be true!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I thought it was just my computer…
Not sure what is going on..

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I haven’t noticed anything like you guys are describing. Running Win7/IE9.

Have you run your Anti-Virus lately and is it up to date? I picked up a Trojan Downloader a couple of days ago from a political website. My Anti-Virus alerted me and removed it. All I did was visited the site and was reading. Didn’t click on anything.

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Same here. I knew that Firefox was too good to be true!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Oops. I spoke too soon. It just blinked twice when I refreshed.

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

s/b “visit”, not visited.

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

So unemployment is all set, pivot to the budget, remember he’s the deficit hawk.

All Hail!

dmann on February 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Obama is a horrible President.

In fact, he might have been a horrible Senator too – but he wasn’t there long enough for anyone to find out. As soon as he got THAT job, he started campaigning for the NEXT one.

Sounds a little like Affirmative Action gone wild.

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

After the update, I am now running FF 10.0.1. And load time was acceptable.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

No issues on Chrome under Linux.

I think it is time someone tell Soros’s apprentice that those jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded. $1.3T deficit and someone in the administration has the brass to come out and say this is a “balanced” budget? What, they put $650B on one coast and $650B on the other coast?

AZfederalist on February 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Lift that barge, tote that bale,
Gets a little drunk and you lands in jail –

Oh that’s a stevedore, isn’t it? Still works!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

My boy never lands in jail, he is above the law.

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Whoops. It did jump a bit after that last comment.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Check.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

No jumping on IE 9.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

My boy never lands in jail, he is above the law.

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

True. He has friends in low places. Had a good day today? Did you wipe lots of windshields?

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Obama is a horrible President.
Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

And to comment on my own comment, the only reason we found out (well, confirmed actually) that he was a horrible President was because he reached the top and had nowhere else to go. Unfortunately, King of the World isn’t available yet and Messiah is already taken.

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Obama Hussein just saved us $ 7 Billion

burrata on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hell lets give him 4 more years.

RickB on February 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

His new chief of staff lies even better than Obama.

Schadenfreude on February 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Bottom line: got a jump on Firefox 10.0.1 that I didn’t notice on FF 9.0.1 or on IE 9.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Hey enough with the browser technical support!

We’ve got an awesomely, awesome budget to pass!

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

That jumping around with HA? Anytime there is an update of FF, there usually is an issue. You may want to make sure Java is updated, it’s Update 30. Sometimes an updated version of FF will conflict with Flash Player. Latest Flash Player is 11.1.102.55

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

It has to be a clitch with the Hotair servers or something. The jumping never happens up in the headline threads.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Lets hope he lands his next gig pronto. Secretary General for the UN is a perfect fit for him. He can then bleed the world dry of cash and spread the wealth further!

LeftCoastRight on February 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

This is a good thread.

Check it out and come back to the QOTD.

SparkPlug on February 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hey enough with the browser technical support!
We’ve got an awesomely, awesome budget to pass!

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Here…here…
Or here.
or here.

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

OK, that’s acceptable.

Now. What do we do about the one he ENGINEERED?

Cleombrotus on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yeah. I was just there and no jump, but i don’t get a jump here when i use IE 9. ? Go figure.

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

This is a good thread.

Check it out and come back to the QOTD.

SparkPlug on February 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

After last night’s QOTD fiasco, I think I’ll pass! :-(

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

No, today I cleaned toilets. That’s my favorite job!

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Macon Phillips
Director of Digital Strategy

Director of Digital Strategy?

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

So who remembers the good old days during the first few months of this term when they all broke out into focus groups to find a way to save a million dollars, or something. Man, those were the days, weren’t they?

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I heard Krauthammer say today that Jack Lew couldn’t possibly have known he ws lying, even as Steve Hayes laid out the fact Lew lied like a rug. Charles was trying to say “he had to know he wouldn’t get away with it” when the truth, as hard as it is to believe, s that they DO get away with it, and will continue to get away with it, and there is no more blatant example as the paragraph of lies above from Zients.

motionview on February 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Nice first, with a nice request, I think its getting worse. I tried two other browsers, Safari and Chrome are better then Firefox. Have dumped cookies from Firefox this is a test.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

JPeterman, you using Firefox?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

mm

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

No, today I cleaned toilets. That’s my favorite job!

Igor R. on February 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Well at least you were inside, so that’s something, right? And I’ll bet you made those fixtures shine like the sun! No shame in that and it gives you lots of time to ponder our current political landscape. Winning!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

JPeterman, you using Firefox?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yes, all updated and everything.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I think it may be a Firefox issue.

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

After last night’s QOTD fiasco, I think I’ll pass! :-(

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

You mean chudzie udzie the rocket scientist?

Lanceman on February 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Just spoke with my tech guy. He said the jittery freak out at Hot Air is because of the hate factory that is Jailbait.

Thought you should know.

John the Libertarian on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

jumping all over the place when you refresh

Is that your “technical” evaluation? “Jumping all over the place”?

I’m sure AP will get on that like a monkey on a cupcake!

Ed shouts: “Hey AP, go down in the basement will ‘ya and fix that broken HotAir! Yea that’s it – the one behind the furnace. Just kick it a little!”

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I don’t think we emphasize enough that the real transition from Republican control to Democrat control was NOT in January 2009.

It was in January 2007, when Democrats took control of the House and Senate, and therefore majority control of the budgeting process. (Passing a budget requires the House, Senate, and President, and the Democrats took majority control of 2 out of 3 in January 2007.)

The last time Republicans held majority control was December 2006. Unemployment was 4.4% and the national debt was under $8.7 Trillion.

Both unemployment and deficits have skyrocketed under DEMOCRAT control for the last 5 years!

Things were OK under Bush and the Republican majority in 2006. It’s not Bush who tanked this economy, but rather the Democrat majority (of which Obama was a part) that took majority control of the budgeting process over five years ago.

Are you better off now than you were five years ago?

If not, vote for conservatives this year!

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Me to updated and dumped cookies and cleared the cache, still doing it, but not in Safari or Chrome. Interesting. I don’t know what pc folks use do you?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Who broke Hotair, AP? It’s jumping all over the place when you refresh.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

SMOD’s coming early, batten down the hatches.

RickB on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

davidk on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Microsoft rules:-)

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

What motivates Obama is his nature, which is similar to that of a vampire squid, ramming his blood funnel into every part of America to suck dry all remaining freedoms. His lust will not be satiated until the United States Constitution is a withered corpse. If this throwback monstrosity wins reelection this November the mask will come completely off and he will go into a freedom killing frenzy.

VorDaj on February 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Mr_Magoo on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I just spewed Cap’n Crunch all over the screen!

Lanceman on February 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

To win the House and Senate in the 2006 elections, here’s what Pelosi and the Democrats (rightfully) criticized:

Fiscal Year End Date, Majority Party, Increase in Debt (i.e. Annual Deficit)
9/30/2006 Republican majority $574 Billion ($0.574 Trillion)
9/30/2005 Republican majority $554 Billion ($0.554 Trillion)
9/30/2004 Republican majority $596 Billion ($0.596 Trillion)
9/30/2003 Republican majority $555 Billion ($0.555 Trillion)

Those are the four years to which Nancy Pelosi was referring when she authored her 2006 “New Direction for America”.

Here’s what Pelosi promised:

With integrity, civility and fiscal discipline, our New Direction for America will use commonsense principles to address the aspirations and fulfill the hopes and dreams of all Americans. That is our promise to the American people.

Our federal budget should be a statement of our national values. One of those values is responsibility. Democrats are committed to ending years of irresponsible budget policies that have produced historic deficits. Instead of piling trillions of dollars of debt onto our children and grandchildren, we will restore “Pay As You Go” budget discipline.

Budget discipline has been abandoned by the Bush Administration and its Republican congressional majorities. Congress under Republican control has turned a projected $5.6 trillion 10-year surplus at the end of the Clinton years into a nearly $3 trillion deficit– including the four worst deficits in the history of America. The nation’s debt ceiling has been raised four times in just five years to more than $8.9 trillion. Nearly half of our nation’s record debt is owned by foreign countries including China and Japan. Without a return to fiscal discipline, the foreign countries that make our computers, our clothing and our toys will soon be making our foreign policy. Deficit spending is not just a fiscal problem – it’s a national security issue as well.

Our New Direction is committed to “Pay As You Go” budgeting – no more deficit spending.

Again, here is what Pelosi and the Democrats promised in 2006:

Here’s what Pelosi produced in Fiscal Years 2008 – 2011:

Fiscal Year End Date, Majority Party, Increase in Debt (i.e. Annual Deficit)
9/30/2011 Democrat majority $1,229 Billion ($1.229 Trillion)
9/30/2010 Democrat majority $1,652 Billion ($1.652 Trillion)
9/30/2009 Democrat majority $1,885 Billion ($1.885 Trillion)
9/30/2008 Democrat majority $1,017 Billion ($1.017 Trillion)

They criticized “piling trillions of dollars of debt onto our children and grandchildren”.

They promised “no more deficit spending” in order to win control of Congress, but then went on to produce the four worst deficits in the history of America.

They produced deficits that were more than 2.5 times the size of the deficits they had criticized. They didn’t keep their promise to end deficit spending… no, they more than doubled deficit spending!

The four deficits that Pelosi criticized totaled $2.279 Trillion.

The four deficits that Pelosi produced totaled $5.783 Trillion.

The four worst deficits in the history of America now belong to the Democrats, and are over 2.5 times the size of the previous four worst deficits under Republican majorities.

Let’s talk about:

“Pelosi’s failed policies”,
“Reid’s failed policies”,
“Obama’s failed policies”,
“All Democrat[ic Socialist]s’ failed policies”…

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Obama is now over 50% to St Romney’s 42%.
Out of touch is an understatement when it comes to this radical Republican party. Who would have thought a so called socialist will be polling over 50% against all of the conservative Gods out there.

HotAirLib on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I heard Krauthammer say today that Jack Lew couldn’t possibly have known he was lying, even as Steve Hayes laid out the fact Lew lied like a rug. Charles was trying to say “he had to know he wouldn’t get away with it” when the truth, as hard as it is to believe, is that they DO get away with it, and will continue to get away with it, and there is no more blatant example as the paragraph of lies above from Zients.

motionview on February 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Little Bammie and the administration seem to be flaunting their total lock on the media lately. They can lie in an in-your-face way and get away with it. Doesn’t bode well for November.

BTW, speaking of rugs, even BOR tonight couldn’t resist some snark about Lew’s rug.

slickwillie2001 on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I have no idea about servers so don’t jump on me please .
Safari , iPad , no problems .

Lucano on February 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Obama is now over 50% to St Romney’s 42%.

HotAirLib on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

St. Romney the victimized? Man, I hope you ain’t in grammy’s basement with miwk & cookies.

ABDICATE!

:D

Lanceman on February 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

You mean chudzie udzie the rocket scientist?

Lanceman on February 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Nah. He doesn’t even bother me. I was referring to the shrieking banshee Palinistas. Somehow I thought they’d been neutralized, but boy was I ever wrong. If anything they seemed more frantically Reaveresque than ever. Don’t get me wrong; I love SP, but some of those folks have gone monkeynuts.

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

bluefox on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Since when? Firefox released an update a bit ago. I am suspecting Firefox to be the trouble. Chrome is fine . Safari is fine. Microsoft still sucks. what browser are you using?

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Bmore on February 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

You’re asking me? I used to use IE, but that’s a disaster when it comes to picking up trojans off of 3rd party servers where all the ad’s come from.

I’m using Firefox with that ad-block thingy on it and I don’t any problems except here at HA on the main blogs.

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

The 2013 budget the president submitted today does not come close to meeting the promise of “Pay As You Go” budgeting and no more deficit spending.

You know, the promise that Democrats used to gain majority control of the budgeting process.

But that promise was soooo 2006!

ITguy on February 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Wait a minute. I’m a ‘Nista.

Lanceman on February 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM

HotAirLib on February 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

He is actually a fascist.

VorDaj on February 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

That Paul Ryan interview was chilling..:)

PS..Greece is the word..:)

Dire Straits on February 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM