Great news: “The Walking Dead” was arguably watchable last night

posted at 9:12 pm on February 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

I like to reward them when they do well and they did well with the ending to last night’s episode. Skip ahead to 50:33 below. No worries if you missed the rest. I’ll catch you up: Obligatory Rick/Shane tension, a few lines for each of the minor characters to get them some camera time, Glenn blubbering to Rick in the car about whether he loves the farmer’s daughter, and then Rick and Glenn discovering Hershel in the abandoned saloon in town drowning his sorrows over his zombie wife getting pickaxed through the head. Some perfunctory banter about hope and hopelessness ensues — and then two guys from Philadelphia come walking through the door, hoping to join forces and find shelter with Rick ‘n the gang. Now you’re caught up. What follows is the first gripping dramatic sequence the series has had since … the CDC building blew up in season one, maybe? For a show about the apocalypse, TWD has been awfully thin on moments of kill-or-be-killed desperation among the characters. That changes here.

Nice work on the casting too. From the moment these two Philly sweathogs opened their mouths, I wanted someone to shoot them in the face. Give the people what they want, AMC.

Update: Wait, I forgot: Rick’s wife had a car accident too. Meh.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Don’t watch it Don’t care

gerrym51 on February 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

“The Walking Dead”???
Democrat voters??

Oh wait.
I see now..

Electrongod on February 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I had a discussion with a friend about when the “red flags” went up for Rick about the two guys. For me, it was obvious when they pointed out that Rick’s car was empty of gear. After that point, Rick stopped answering questions.

Personally, knowing that they were from Philly would be enough of a red flag for me.

LoganSix on February 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Feh!

ted c on February 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

exerpt: Allahpundit

Don’t people get banned around here for that kind of talk? : )

listens2glenn on February 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

That’s when I knew they had to die.

Allahpundit on February 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Awful show. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, even Hell on Wheels..much better.

therightwinger on February 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Don’t people get banned around here for that kind of talk? : )

listens2glenn on February 13, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Don’t tempt him, l2g. I’m sure he’d like nothing better than to self-ban!

cynccook on February 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

That’s when I knew they had to die.

Allahpundit on February 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Pretty cool how he took ‘em down.

Real nice and hard like.

blatantblue on February 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Been waiting for Rick to grow some huevos.

PEP on February 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

“The Walking Dead” was arguably watchable last night

The Republicans had another debate last night?

Who knew…

Bruno Strozek on February 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Been waiting for Rick to grow some huevos.

PEP on February 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It wasn’t that he lacked guts. He was doing the best he could to keep a group together, even if that meant respecting Hershel’s misguided beliefs.

blatantblue on February 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Allah,

Don’t forget Jersey guido’s as well!

Lance Murdock on February 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Allah, I would just like to say thank you for not posting anything on HA about another dead drug addict celebrity whose only contribution to society was singing well.

Logboy on February 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Definitely more cerebral than your normal zombie fare.

I didn’t see the old guy getting a clue about the zombies.

I knew Nebraska was good for something.

cozmo on February 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Update: Wait, I forgot: Rick’s wife had a car accident too. Meh.

I hope she gets killed off. So annoying.

Fezzik on February 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Lance Murdock on February 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

But Lance, they weren’t guido’s? Yeah I know, but they were really annoying nonetheless.

Lance Murdock on February 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Oh dear. I suppose I should watch it then. I like the bubba with the cross-bow. The rest of them suck.

Spartacus season 2 is not quite up to snuff either. Andy Whitman’s replacement is a little too Democrat for me. Homeland, OTH, was great. And Boardwalk Empire even greater.

minnesoter on February 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Meh.

When does Mad Men come back?

JPeterman on February 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM

They’ve moved from Rick and Lori constantly talking about their feelings to Glenn and Maggie doing it. They could go for a complete waste if they just get Shane/Andrea and Daryl/Carol into some heartfelt chats, and finish it off by giving Dale a Charlie McCarthy puppet so he has someone to confide his innermost feelings…

Last night’s episode really wasn’t much of an improvement from the first half of Season 2.

PetecminMd on February 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Decent episode last night. Those Eagles fans sweathogs were trouble from the start.

Slublog on February 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Pah. HTML fail. “Eagles Fans” should have been a strikethrough.

Slublog on February 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

There was some surprisingly decent acting in that scene from Michael Raymond James (very Mickey Rourke-esque (post 1995)). I’m kind of disappointed that character is dead.

I still think it’s utterly unrealistic to have an apocalyptic crisis, and these folks are still utterly narcissistic and self-obsessed. Just don’t see it happening. Imagine Ted Nugent in a Zombie fest!! THAT’s the alternate Walking Dead reality I want to see. You think Nuge would be worrying about faith, humanity, feelings, and love. Hell, no. It’d be a Wango-Tango party! Life would be good (all things considered).

shannon76 on February 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep watching this show, but I’ll stick around for a bit after this cool ending.

Just wondering, AP, is it alright for you to embed that video? I mean, it’s not like SOPA’s around (thankfully), but still. I have no personal qualms, just wondering if it’s legally alright.

Inquizitor on February 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Classy

therightwinger on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Update: Wait, I forgot: Rick’s wife had a car accident too. Meh.

I hope she gets killed off. So annoying.

Fezzik on February 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

**Spoiler Alert**

She does in the book. Both her and the baby (she carries it to term).

Mitoch55 on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’ll stick to Justified. You can’t beat Raylan, Boyd and the Dixie Mafia.

Just A Grunt on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Don’t watch it Don’t care

gerrym51 on February 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Why comment? lol I find posts like this a bit funny. :)

ThePrez on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

shannon76 on February 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

They did that, it was called Zombieland.

I like this better.

cozmo on February 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

This show makes me want to root for the zombies.

squint on February 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

So that was one of the best action sequences of the season huh?

Well, at least one person agrees with you about the episode:

Two birds of the feather.. ;)

Vigilante on February 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

**Spoiler Alert**

She does in the book. Both her and the baby (she carries it to term).

Mitoch55 on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Yes, but if they were following the books both Shane and Zombie Shane would be dead already.

And frankly, Shane and Daryl are the only real reasons to watch the show right now.

PetecminMd on February 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Loved that scene.

Alana on February 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Rick shouldn’t have gotten between them but otherwise not bad.

All Zombie stories/films are about the people, some more soap opera than others. “Dawn of the Dead”, my favorite, has the right mix of harrowing moments, people stories and comic relief. The Walking Dead folks set up camp in bad spots, don’t send out scouts when they should and make a lot of mistakes. I forgive that because they have consequences to their actions and they have to bury the bodies and deal with the aftermath. The guys from Philadelphia will have friends coming along one of these days. I won’t quibble at people who are trying hard to entertain me in one of my favorite genres. I may write a note of encouragement someday, with a few suggestions. Otherwise, I am happy with it.

SurferDoc on February 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Just reading AP’s summary confirmed I made a wise decision to give up on 99% of TV some years back.

whatcat on February 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

So that was one of the best action sequences of the season huh?

No no, not one of the best action sequences. One of the best dramatic sequences. Lotta suspense.

Allahpundit on February 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Philly is the bees knees

DHChron on February 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

It took a couple of months to figure it out, but…looks like they’ve at least got a good…umm…start….to their…um Season 2.2.

I would label the rest of the season, “The Walking Dead 2.2 – Bully and the Bad-Ass”.

Al-Ozarka on February 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Vigilante on February 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance Murdock on February 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I’ll stick to Justified. You can’t beat Raylan, Boyd and the Dixie Mafia.

Just A Grunt on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Agreed. I get a hankerin for BBQ watching it. And man, does Boyd look classy in prison orange, or what?

minnesoter on February 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I’m sorry, they’re beginning to lose me. The car accident subplot with Laurie was cheap and lazy writing. I don’t mind characters in horror movies (or any kind of movie) putting themselves in jeopardy for a good reason. What I can’t stand is when the characters imperil themselves for stupid reasons.

Glenn and Rick were gone for 20 minutes to look for Herschel and Laurie was already trying to get Daryl to go after them? Why? And then she goes after them herself, alone, armed only with a measley .38. Again, why? What did she expect to accomplish going after them alone into a town that she has never been to? It’s a stupid decision that served no good purpose, except to put her in danger.

We’d spent the whole season up to the last episode watching the main characters work through a standard “damsel in distress” plot, with Sophia lost in the woods. The writers wrap that story arc up, tragically to be sure, but 45 minutes later they’re putting another damsel in distress. Lame.

I know, it’s just a TV show.

Dukeboy01 on February 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Classy

therightwinger on February 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Go back to watching Glee.

Logboy on February 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

they’re putting another damsel in distress. Lame.

Dukeboy01 on February 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

What do you expect, they are women.

cozmo on February 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

cozmo on February 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

The Republicans had another debate last night?
Who knew…
Bruno Strozek on February 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Heh, good one.

Kind of like how Brain Eating Zombies would starve to death at any DNC event.

LegendHasIt on February 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I pretty much quit watching. It’s all Breaking Bad all the time, I am up to season 4 on Netflix now.

Rode Werk on February 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Rode Werk on February 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Oh yeah. Highly addictive.

minnesoter on February 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Glee is so yesterday…it’s Smash now

DHChron on February 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

The question is, did Rick shoot first? Ask the director in 20 years. He might have a different answer.

keep the change on February 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Its about time they finally got to the real danger in a zombie apocalypse. Its not the walkers, it’s the people who want to come take your stuff.

Wolftech on February 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Go back to watching Glee.

Don’t watch it.

I’m guessing it’s Outdoor Channel and Larry the Cable Guy for you?

therightwinger on February 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Don’t watch it Don’t care

gerrym51 on February 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Yet, here you are.

Well done, sir. Well done.

You-Eh-Vee on February 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I always hope that Mrs Grimes get offed somehow. I hate her.

southsideironworks on February 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Don’t watch it.

I’m guessing it’s Outdoor Channel and Larry the Cable Guy for you?

therightwinger on February 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I dont watch TV. And I could care less about another dead drug addict.

Logboy on February 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Why haven’t they found a newer RV?

It’s the south. There should be RV’s all over the place.

portlandon on February 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Why haven’t they found a newer RV?

It’s the south. There should be RV’s all over the place.

And guns. And African Americans. And lots more farms.

SurferDoc on February 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It’s the south. There should be RV’s all over the place.

portlandon on February 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Mostly in yards, in worse shape than the Winnebago they have now. The good one’s are stashed in barns.

cozmo on February 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I love to see these occasional non-political threads. As one of the lefty so-called “trolls” on HA, it’s refreshing to see a post with which I can completely agree! But don’t make a habit of it; I fear I need my regular doses of righteous indignation more than I need reminders of our shared humanity!

Drew Lowell on February 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Logboy on February 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM
——-

the 1980s R & B star made it a priority to give of herself in ways that are unparalleled among stars to this day.

Her history of giving is a revealing time capsule that tells the story of a star with a huge heart — who was committed to humanitarian work long before it was simply something in which every celebrity took part.

As an activist, Houston fought apartheid in South Africa and contributed to Nelson Mandela’s mission according to Look to the Stars.

Driven to fight homelessness and health issues plaguing young children, she created the Whitney Houston Foundation for Children in 1989,

And grateful for all of Earth’s blessings, the Bodyguard star even donated lion cubs to the Bronx Zoo in same year, Black Celebrity Giving reports.

—–

I would bet my last dollar she contributed WAYYYYYY more to society then you EVER will no matter how old you live to become.

Politricks on February 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Why exactly is there a post about “The Walking Dead” on hotair?

The shows alright so far, but it could be more horror intensive and less actiony. I can’t stand the sounds the zombies make. There are sounds that are creepier and less annoying than the growling crap they use in this show….

BrianVII on February 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Why exactly is there a post about “The Walking Dead” on hotair?

I believe AP is into zombie shows.

BrianVII on February 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I’m a little surprised that anyone could even sit though the sludge in the first place.

whatcat on February 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Skip ahead to 50:33 below.

So the ten minutes of my life you just flushed down the toilet wasn’t just the best part of that episode, but maybe the best part of the whole series thus far?

People sit and watch this crap hour after hour, week after week. And they’re all around me?

Great. I’m living through the Zombie Apocalypse right now.

logis on February 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

-Sidebar-

I know I am new and all but…..If I guess Allahpundit’s real name does he have to give me hos pot’o'gold??

Just asking…

airmonkey on February 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM

bah!! *his*

airmonkey on February 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Its worth noting that last nights episode was the first one without the original creator and showrunner Frank Darabont. He got the pink slip last summer… probably because of the boring start to the second season. Glen Mazzara is at the helm now, so we should be seeing a new (positive) direction.

navogel on February 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Politricks on February 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

LOL.

Logboy on February 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Would Nebraska really be an ideal place to camp out during a zombie apocalypse? I was thinking more of a less populated island….

TimeTraveler on February 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

-Sidebar-

I know I am new and all but…..If I guess Allahpundit’s real name does he have to give me hos pot’o’gold??

Just asking…

airmonkey on February 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Just make sure you have a four-leaf clover on you at all times.

squint on February 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM

wow! Some real sourballs around here these days. Pull the stick out.

SurferDoc on February 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Definitely a great ending. Hey AP, didn’t you like the ending of the previous episode, where they find out about Sophia?

SAZMD on February 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Cool show! I watched most of the marathon too.

As a Catholic and pro-lifer who has done jailtime for the unborn, I was so happy the lady spit up those baby-killer pills.

I was all ready to tune the show out for good figuring evil won again, and then she does something like that that makes you start to care for the characters.

She made a decision of hope, not despair. And despair is a mortal sin.

In a world where the population is being rapidly decimated, what the world needs is selflessness and love.

With those two virtues, you can repopulate the planet.

(and raise little zombie-killers who can take’em with their little Rugers at 300 yards – .22 long is cheaper than .45 ammo too)

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I like the show. “The Walkers” seem a lot like the “Occupy” crowd to me.

Star20 on February 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

TimeTraveler on February 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Yes, Nebraska is where I work (I live in Iowa).

The winters here are very cold, so that alone would severely (jab at Mittbots) slow down the walkers considerably.

The problem is warmth, but you have the edge over the zombie in 15 degree weather.

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 10:30 PM

NBC is releasing a decent show called Awake next month… Here’s a 7 min preview.

TimeTraveler on February 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Maybe these folks haven’t gotten over the war between the United Staes and the CSA. Taught them Yankees right.

Yes I am being sarcastic.

banzaibob on February 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You forgot the best part.

Daryl calling Lori ‘Olive Oyl.’ LMAO.

sentinelrules on February 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Wait. You can stream this show?

TexasDan on February 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Hell on wheels is great as well as Person of interest, but last night’s show was indeed watchable.

Fuquay Steve on February 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM

The whole bar scene is a metaphor for the Civil War, aka The War or Northern Aggression.

A bunch of Yankees from Philadelphia (birthplace of America) come down to the South (Georgia) to rape, pillage and take resources a la General Sherman. Carpetbaggers.

Notice the prominent Confederate flag in the background on Glenn, Rick and Hershel’s side of the room.

sentinelrules on February 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I like the show. “The Walkers” seem a lot like the “Occupy” crowd to me.

Star20 on February 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Actually, I’m more sympathetic to the zombies who may have been killed and made zombies through no fault of their own.

OWS’ers are evil. They CHOOSE their path.

They chose it.

I’ll take one Tea Partier over 100 OWS’ers in the apocalypse anyday.

The TP’er will probably own a rifle, know how to use it, possibly be a religious man.

In that world, zombies are not the killer.

Depression is the killer. The cure is the Good Book and teamwork.

Who would you rather have in your world of ‘The Walking Dead’? San Fran Nan? Or, SarahCuda? Mitt ‘peacetime’ Romney? Or, Scott ‘no collective bargaining’ Walker?

Here’s my “Walking Dead” All-Star Lineup:

SarahCuda
Todd
Their kids
Rand Paul (who uses his valuable medical skills to help out)
Ron Paul (Helps a young woman give birth to a healthy baby girl, but later dies giving up his crotchety old body to the zombies so the others get away)
Trooper Wooten (yes the same guy who threatened the Palins and tasered that 11-year old, imagine the tension in the group EVERY episode?)
Jim DeMint (not in-person but he has a short-wave radio show that gives hope to all Americans in the harsh undead wonderland)
Rush Limbaugh (he is a zombie and comes at Sarah’s son Trig but she takes him down with rifle just in time with tears pouring from her eyes)
Special cameo by Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey (he is the man that kicks them all out of their sleeping bags every damn morning at 5:00am for calestetics, and trains them how to throw a knife between a zombie’s eyes)
Side story – Willow Palin falls in love with Rand Paul’s son William and she gets pregnant. Rick Santorum helps the two lovers find a priest who has not become a zombie and they are secretly married without their parents’ knowledge.

The possibilities are endless.

Let’s have a Walking Dead Script contest. Hahaha.

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

NBC is releasing a decent show called Awake next month… Here’s a 7 min preview.

TimeTraveler on February 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Yeah, ‘Dallas’ did this over 25 years ago.

Is it real life or a dream…?

*yawn*

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Did somebody say ZOMBIES???

john1schn on February 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I love to see these occasional non-political threads

You spoke too soon. One obsessive already proclaimed the show morally vindicated because of its anti-abortion message – at least in his mind. Those people poison everything with their abortion obsession. Even this thread.

keep the change on February 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Whenever an author creates a fantasy world peopled with human beings, then the characters must behave as human beings would in the situation, no matter how fantastic. In order for the story to work, cause and effect must ring true.

So tell me, in a zombie apocalypse, would people stand around and interminably discuss relationship problems? Would anyone in their right mind refuse to teach a level-headed boy how to shoot? Knowing these zombies are attracted to noise, would anyone talk above a whisper when not in camp? How about fire discipline, knowing not to shoot unless given the word by the group leader? For that matter, how about discipline of any sort? Folks wandering off, going hither and yon, sometimes alone. I’m sorry, alone? It goes on and on.

I want to like this show because I love the zombie horror genre, but I get so irritated by the rampant stupidity of the writers it’s just too hard to take, sometimes. No group of people like those depicted in The Walking Dead would last more than a day in such a situation, if that. Drives me crazy.

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

sentinelrules on February 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Or, and I’m spitballin here…

Some people who happened to be from Philly have made it down to Georgia and are bent on taking stuff that ain’t their’s and murdering and pillaging and Rick doesn’t feel inclined to allow it?

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

keep the change on February 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Severely morally vindicated. ;-)

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Word.

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Glenn is the Jeremy Lin of the basic cable world. Thank goodness the producers didn’t play typecast Steven Yeun as that “Asian” character.

Glenn, Daryl and old man Dale are the most interesting characters of the show.

Mad Kimchi on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Was going to skip ahead to 0:50 and watch that. However, AMC decided I needed to watch a commercial. That was annoying, then AMC decided I needed to watch a second commercial. That was too much.

I normally reload or kill the window when the first commercial comes on. The second commercial was beyond the pale

AZfederalist on February 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Several posters above made these points, I agree:

* well-acted scene; not just by the new/quickly dead guy, but everyone, probably best scene of the series – as AP says, most tension – though I think a kinetic ending was clearly coming once the bad guys showed their cards with words and body language

* kinda sorta implausible that months into the apocalypse, the street thugs would still act and appear the same, but an irresistible plot element (exactly as with the gang in “Falling Skies”)

* Laurie’s car crash was extremely lame, lazy scriptwriting, even by horrible horrow flick standards

IceCold on February 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Um, if your little zombie-killers can hit and then penetrate a human skull at 300 yards with a Ruger 10-22, then you are indeed capable of the miraculous.

As it is, I don’t think cartridge price would be an object in a zombie apocalypse. And since ammo price is not a problem, I recommend Colt .45 (the Long Colt), not .45 ACP. The kick’s more like a push and a 250-grain bullet traveling at a leisurely 800-900 fps will stop anything but a zombie rhinoceros, in which case you should’ve brought a bazooka.

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

IceCold on February 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Agreed.

She leaves the farm, by herself, leaving her son – which she had just balled out Rick for doing btw – so she could bring Rick back, by herself. Also, she didn’t know where she was going, didn’t even know how to get to town so was going to drive around zombie infested countryside like she was driving to pick up a gallon of milk.

And instead of driving slowly and carefully, with the windows up too btw, she’s flying down a country road, reading a frickin map instead of watching the road.

Stupid.

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Prefer a tactical shotgun with slugs for zombie land. My backup would be a .40 and a Barret .50 for the long range plinking (assuming as you say ammo price is no issue).

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Allah, they finally realize that the humans that are left are much more dangerous than the zombies.

faraway on February 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Seriously, the thing I noticed was that they were not working enough.

It seemed they had too much free time. I think the idleness gets them on each other’s nerves.

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Anyone else find it weird that after the big guy died Rick still shot him in the head?

cpaulus on February 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Do we agree it could make a pretty good pc game?

I read that they are finally going to make a good re-make of X-COM.

The original from 1994 still shows up on top 10 pc games of all time.

KirknBurker on February 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

A shotgun with slugs is no good.

Buckshot or even birdshot would be better. Hell, even a 12 guage would probably be too much. Using a smaller bore shotgun would be better, more people could shoot it and you could carry more ammo.

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

And they used a Clutch song during the close. That’s worth a million points.

CTD on February 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

cpaulus on February 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Foreshadowing…

I’ve said too much.

I don’t wanna be a buzz-kill like some others on this thread…

catmman on February 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Bunsin2 on February 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Being able to go plinking with a Barrett doesn’t sound like such a bad apocalypse to me. And you get moving targets, too.

The end of the world would be just another day at the range.

troyriser_gopftw on February 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM