Hot Air Survey Results: CPAC Edition

posted at 6:35 pm on February 12, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

Rick Santorum has taken the lead for the first time at Hot Air. He is followed by Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul.

Who did voters prefer in 2008, and who do they prefer now?

Questions? You can find me here.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I sincerely believe that if you aren’t behind Romney at this point, then you are actively working for the other side.

There is no way in hell Santorum would ever win a national election.

It is valid for one to wish a candidate reflected their personal views but there is a more strategic goal: winning the election. It doesn’t matter if the most perfect conservative in the world were to run if he can’t get more than 35% of the vote. The more conservative a candidate, the more that candidate alienates the rest of the country who isn’t so conservative.

People WANT a common sense constitutional candidate who will spend their money wisely. They don’t want a lunatic who is going to shove social issues down their throats. Mandatory school prayer? Really? I don’t think many would go for that.

Santorum is too far right on social issues and not far enough right on fiscal issues to get elected.

crosspatch on February 12, 2012

Crosspatch, God Bless you.
Your observations are so loving and inclusive. They make me want to curl up next to a warm fire with a cup of hot chocolate, they relax my spirit like the scent of lavender bubblebath. It makes me think of children laughing on a playground.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Gimme a break already –
3 months ago CAIN woulda won that poll-
1 month ago GINGRICH woulda won that poll-
Now take a guess – who would win the poll – Oh wow- SANTORUM !
who knows, maybe next poll the winner will be PALIN-
What this exposes about the Not Rombo Romney crowd is you really don’t know what the he## you want. And while its admirable to know what you don’t want- You gotta make up your mind and quit flippin and floppin all over the place. And I’m trying to be sensitive here, but patience is running thin. Its not fair to Romney to keep changing his target.
Make up your mind and stay with it.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You are not an Independent, you are an idiot.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Go and perform an anatomically impossible act, will you? Tell me how Santorum is better than Obama, and mind that I don’t give a flying waffle for the abortions or gays.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I’m actually surprised that Mitt received so many votes. This is a conservative site, after all, and I’m pretty sure there’s no disagreement about whether Romney is a conservative.

Burke on February 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Tell me how Santorum is better than Obama

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

lol…..hilarious.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

eff that…I’ll wait for the nominee.

mittens blows

DHChron on February 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Tell me how Santorum is better than Obama

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

lol…..hilarious.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Glad I cheered you up. Now, will you actually tell me?

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I HAVE made up my mind…NOT ROMNEY!

rightwingindy on February 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Make up your mind and stay with it.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I agree with the making up your mind and sticking with it, but one the on thing that is consistent – is NOT WANTING ROMNEY.

razorbackchick on February 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I love how Mitten supporters want to take their ball and go home if Mittens doesn’t get the nomination…

… While the rest of us will strongly support the nominee to defeat Obowma, we just don’t want the primaries to end.

Seven Percent Solution on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

If I have to explain that to you, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Its not fair to Romney to keep changing his target.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You’re looking for fair in all the wrong places.

squint on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

To:
Archivarix, and others who don’t like Santorum.
I don’t think I’ll convince you but you might be interested in watching this interview.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

he’ll legalize domestic energy production

DHChron on February 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Not to worry if this continues Super Pac will go into action.

Cindy Munford on February 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

If I have to explain that to you, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

In other words, you don’t know, either. Welcome to the Idiot Club, dude.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

LOL You are not seeing people who can’t make up their minds, you are seeing people who REALLY don’t want Romney. If it gets down to Ron Paul and Romney, I would probably choose Ron Paul! I pray it doesn’t come to that.

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

HA HA HA!

Everybody hates Romney.

HA HA HA!

katy on February 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

hehehehehe

DHChron on February 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

The last 2 graphs explain everything you need to know as to why Sarah Palin is so popular here.

SouthernGent on February 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Make up your mind and stay with it.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Who Mitt’s opponents are is not his problem. He is the problem. The media and the GOPe has manipulated the not-Mitt crowd. That’s why we’ve seen such a variation in the strengths of the not-Mitts. Newt was hurting Mitt significantly until Mitt launched his barrage of negative ads against him. The media piled on and then painted Newt as a whiner when Newt tried to defend himself. It was Santorum’s gain. He went from an asterisk because he couldn’t get traction, to a candidate that wasn’t engaging in the mudslinging. It’s pretty easy to stay above the fray when you’re not the target. His irrelevance in the race turned out to be his best asset.

NoNails on February 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Burke on February 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

The Mittens open registrations.

INC on February 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Glad I cheered you up. Now, will you actually tell me?

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Well…gee…duh….lemme see…..if the fact that he’s the most failed President in your lifetime re: the economy, employment, debt and foreign relations doesn’t do it for ya…..probably not.

rotflmfao.

Lord you’re dim.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

He’ll legalize domestic energy production

DHChron on February 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

That’s a valid argument, but I’m not so sure he will. He’s essentially a union-happy Bush clone, and Bush wasn’t exactly up to it, Texas legacy an’ all.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Yeah, Obama sure is all that. So was Bush before him. So was Clinton before him, and Carter before him. The fact that Santorum has a higher threshold to cross doesn’t mean he cannot.

rotflmfao.
Lord you’re dim.

I wouldn’t insult the Lord if I believed in Him. :)

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I wouldn’t insult the Lord if I believed in Him. :)

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

lol…..the difference a dropped comma can make!

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

not fair to Romney to keep changing his target.
Make up your mind and stay with it.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

FlaMurph, no offense but isn’t weeding out of candidates part of the primary process thus changing the target. I thought that’s what Romney would want.
Narrow the field down just to him as the winner right?
Oh wait….that’s right I forgot that’s not the goal, the goal was to split the other non Romney vote so as his totals would be bigger.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

razorbackchick on February 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Romney’s a bit like a creepy guy who thinks he’s your boyfriend and won’t take no for an answer, isn’t he?

abobo on February 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

To:
Archivarix, and others who don’t like Santorum.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You sure convinced me that I was totally right. The difference between me and most on this forum is that you never lived under an actual theocracy and have no idea what the implications are; I have, and I do.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

abobo on February 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Right down to the part where, when he finally starts to believe you mean it, tells you that you weren’t good enough for him anyway.

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

How much power do the Haredi actually hold?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

My opinion is that Romney is most afraid of Newt.
That is why he spent millions on smear campaigns against him.

I also think that they will do little to Santorum (nothing has
been done yet), hoping that his popularity will knock Newt out of
the race. When it is Santorum against Romney all hell will break
loose.

And once again the voters who do not do their homework on the
candidates will lose. The voters who only read the headlines
which very often have little to do with the content of the
articles (Hot Air is also guilty of this) will believe a false
narrative.

And once again we will get the president we deserve.

Amjean on February 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Roughly 1300 of the 10,000 (13%) attendees at CPAC voted for Romney. Conversely, that means that 87% DID NOT vote for him.

NoNails on February 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM

By your logic Santorum, Newt and Paul percentages of “not votes” would be a lot higher, right? Wow I guess Romney did win the straw poll.

rich801 on February 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Barring some big shift in tonight’s calls Santorum will be up by 10-15 on the Michigan poll

andy85719 on February 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

How much power do the Haredi actually hold?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Plenty. They have guaranteed 15% vote floor, and are pretty much guaranteed to be “the third side” in every political issue, be it economy, politics, or social policies.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

abobo on February 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

LMAO – Comedy gold.

You two woulda killed at CPAC!

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So do you think Sen. Santorum would ignore the Constitution as Obama has?

Cindy Munford on February 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Rick Santorum voted to confirm Sonya Sotomayor to the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, putting her on the fast track to a lifetime seat on the Supreme Court, where’s she got a good 30-40 years to destroy my country and my life. That vote is a deal-breaker for me. It makes him no better than Arlen Specter. Consistent conservative? What a joke. He has no core values he’s not willing to deal away.

jan3 on February 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Read and decide for yourself.

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Intrade has Michigan 49.7% for Santo, 49.0% for Romney

andy85719 on February 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Oh please, spare us. I was born and raised behind the Iron Curtain in a communist country and I know what the value of freedom truly means and the importance of my vote. And I’ve also seen how this story could end under Obama, but you go on ahead, hold your breath, stomp your feet and vote for Obama because your candidate of choice didn’t make it to the general election.

Grow up.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

So do you think Sen. Santorum would ignore the Constitution as Obama has?

Cindy Munford on February 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

It can be argued that Obama took violating the Constitutions to the new uncharted debths, but so far every President, including St. Ronaldus himself, has ignored it. Why should Santorum be different?

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

A big government guy who wants to run my health care vs. a big government guy who wants to control what happens in my bedroom.

Six of one and half dozen of the other, as far as I’m concerned.

To all those Santorum supporters who think he’s the most conservative guy in the race, perhaps you can do a better job explaining those pro-union votes he cast, such as voting against right to work laws, than Santorum himself.

Isn’t it awesomee how we drummed Perry out of the race for stuff like Gardasil and allowing kids of illegals who have spent their entire lives in Texas pay in-tate tuition rates? The sweater vested doofus with the room temperature IQ is certainly a better candidate.

After all, jump starting the economy, creating jobs, and shrinking government iaren’t nearly as important as bashing gays and banning abortion!

I’d sooner vote for a random name from the phone book than this half-wit.

DRayRaven on February 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I’m wondering if you even watched it? Sounds like your mind is made up. I will vote for Romney if I have to but if your following the mandate/contraception firestorm seems like a theocracy is possible anyway…just a secular one.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Grow up.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I have no candidate of choice at the moment, you dolt, unless you count Ron Paul whom I want to somehow get nominated just to see the heads on both sides of the isle explode en masse. I know where Obama’s rule goes if perpetuated and it’s not your Soviet Union (in which I happened to live, too). It’s Israel of early 70-ies. Do yourself a favor and learn Israel’s history, or repeat it at your own risk.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Fine, we’ll keep Obama since they are all the same.

Cindy Munford on February 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

All I will say is that Santy is a very lucky guy, he is rising in the polls b/c others were destroyed by Mitt and he is ashamed to do the same this soon, also Obama and the Contrceptive mandate is helping him with conservatives, the timing is perfect for Santorum.

evergreenland on February 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

If I have to explain that to you, then you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

JPeterman

You beat me to it. Thank you.

Archivarix

Did you own a pet unicorn while you were there, or was it forbidden?

xblade on February 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

No, you don’t want to google it. If any of the folks here who feel comfortable using it had any balls, they’d explain it. I’ve asked a bunch, not one taker. One Ron Paul supporter used it for an entire thread and had no idea what it meant.

hawkdriver on February 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Personally, I don’t think he’s “the most conservative guy in the race.” Though I don’t agree, I understand his pro-union votes because he represented a union state. It’s yet to be seen how he would address that as president, but I tend to believe he wouldn’t side with unions as president of ALL the American people.

He’s, also, not Mr. Romneycare.

Frankly, I’d prefer Perry, but he’s no longer in the race.

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I watched the first three minutes and had to pause it for a vomit seance. Santorum is so incredibly, unimaginably dense that he failed to nail the issue as a poster example of why the government’s power should be limited. Instead, he brought religion in. That may win him primaries but not my vote.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

DRayRaven on February 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Come on and be fair. As much as I’d like Governor Perry to still be in the race, he dropped out after poor showings in the debates and poll numbers bottoming out.

hawkdriver on February 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM

LMAO – Comedy gold.

You two woulda killed at CPAC!

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Thank You!

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Did you own a pet unicorn while you were there, or was it forbidden?

xblade on February 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

To everyone who wants to hurl insults instead of arguing the point: my suggestion to go and perform an anatomically impossible act still stands. Oh, and shave your palms while you’re at that.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Since you can’t, or won’t, watch the rest of the video, here’s the link I posted to you upthread so that you can read his positions.

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I did not come from the Soviet Union, you dolt.

But thanks for dropping your mask as a liberal plant from the Obama campaign.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

DRayRaven on February 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

DRR, I loved Perry would have voted for him in a heartbeat. I think if you look back at the polls they will confirm many felt the same. Unfortunately he is no longer running. I didn’t like people calling him dumb and I bet you didn’t either so now your casting the same stones, like him or not, that is completely your choice but geez.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I will stick with Newt. He isn’t out of this thing yet. Last I saw he is leading in GA, OK, and TX. There is another debate on Feb 22, I think. Go Newt!

Kaffa on February 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

But thanks for dropping your mask as a liberal plant from the Obama campaign.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

You really have no idea what Israel went through in the 70-ies, right? throwing insults when arguments fail, that’s the mark of a deep mind.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Kaffa on February 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

You’re right…this thing isn’t over by a long shot!

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Thanks. Reading…

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Kaffa on February 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Good to hear!

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

canopfor on February 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
—————————————-

Watch this.

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

MontanaMmmm:

Sorry for my tardy responce,had to step out for an hour,
anywho,I think you had a linky snafu,please re-send it!:)

canopfor on February 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Thank you for reading! While I’m not thrilled with this primary season, it’s helpful to read positions from the candidates themselves, look at how they actually governed, and decide accordingly.

Too, I won’t insult you. ;o)

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Thanks. Reading…

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Done. Most is bland generica, but he is reasonably solid on energy, immigration, and 2nd Amendment. I don’t trust him to repeal O-Care or dismantle any of the Washington’s three-letter regulatory cesspools, and pretty much know his positions on social issues (and hate them with passion).

Consider me convinced, to a degree. I’ll give Santorum a second look until November. Not that my vote matters much: in New Jersey, Obama will eat him alive.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Mittens is On Fire with the conservative base!!

Remind me again why he’s so “electable”.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Because the conservative base is a scant fraction of the voters who vote in the general election. They don’t think the way you do. They don’t vote the way you do.

Guess what? The liberal base is the same way. If they had their druthers, they’d be voting for Bernie Sanders. Who would lose 49 states.

Which is exactly what Santorum will do if, god forbid, we nominate him.

Bartrams Garden on February 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Thank you for being open minded. I’m not trying to convince you to vote for him, but I wanted you to know there is an alternative should we need one.

BTW, your vote in the primary is very important!

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

In the time it has taken to type this comment, our debt has gone up another $200,000. Ok, I’m a slow typist. Aint that reason enough to throw the bums out?

racquetballer on February 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

BTW, your vote in the primary is very important!

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

New Jersey has closed primaries – and in the primaries, I would still vote for anyone but Santorum. Witht he field that we have, it’s a tough choice between Romney’s shining personality, Gingrich’s mental stability, and Ron Paul’s exemplary foreign policy.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Heh…..you ain’t kidding. ;o)

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Depending on the situation when my primary day arrives, I’ll probably vote for Newt…never Paul or Romney!

kakypat on February 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Bartrams Garden on February 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Bernie Sanders is not half as bad as some others in Washington. Some of his positions may be raving lunacy but at least he’s painfully honest about them. And on some issues, such as bailouts, he’s actually on the right side of the barricade.

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Archivarix

Why would I follow your lead? It clearly isn’t working for you, lol.

xblade on February 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM

canopfor on February 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

There was no link, I was posting some suuuugar for a bee to land on later down the thread, my bait didn’t work.
Oh well…

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Which is exactly what Santorum will do if, god forbid, we nominate him.

Bartrams Garden on February 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

John McCain???…..Bob Dole?? is that you?

Which establishment RINO myth-maker slipped past HA Reg?

ROTFLMAO!

Always tickles the hell out of me – thanks for playing….and please Carry On!

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

3:1 Santorum over Romney? OMG did the ACORN subsidize romneybots come up with their collective narrative yet?

tom daschle concerned on February 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

The Republican Establishment has done a good job demonizing anyone but Romney, the tea party and conservatives in general. They keep saying they can’t win, so we have to put forth the guy who’s going to get the moderate vote.

I firmly believe moderates know what’s best for the country too and they will vote for the conservative candidate, if he/she has a message that resonates. The Republican establishment, if the truth be known, doesn’t really care if Obama loses or not, all they care about is their power. That’s why they don’t like the tea party, because the tea party wants to actually accomplish something. John Boehner has thrown the tea party under the bus, with his policies. If it weren’t for the tea party, Boehner would still be the minority “leader” trying to convince Democrats they need to throw him a bone. McConnell is worthless, in the Senate, his little speech about choosing your battles wisely was a joke, he threw the House Republicans under the bus before Christmas, and there’s no sign he will fight to get a one year deal on the payroll tax now.

So, as far as who can win and who can’t, I’d prefer to listen to what I believe on this and vote for the candidate that’s going to shake things up in D.C. not the guy who’s going to try and reach a compromise with the people that put us into this mess. To me, the only one that will do that is Newt so, if you believe all the negative that’s been put out about him, that’s fine, we end up with Romney and Obamney care and a Congress working around the edges cutting a couple of trillion dollars in spending every 10 years.

bflat879 on February 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

canopfor on February 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
—————————————-

Oh well…

MontanaMmmm on February 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

MontanaMmmm:Haha,okay then,carry on———:)

canopfor on February 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

So many complain about the lack of good candidates to choose from in the upcoming election.
I agree.

Then I read all of your comments, and with the media’s anal probing and the intra-party Inquisitions, realize that anyone with any common sense would avoid the possibilty of having their life destroyed while trying to save this country.

There is way too much conservative sniping going on.

Anyone But Obama.

amadan on February 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

abobo on February 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Night Owl on February 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

..and then pays people to take out your new boyfriend

congma on February 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

OK, it wouldn’t let me in to vote so how is that a great sample?

Bambi on February 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

There is way too much conservative sniping going on.

Anyone But Obama.

amadan on February 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Naw….it’s what we do.

The left indoctrinates and classifies.

This is a normal part of the alternative.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Look at the first Table, over 50% who were Romney supporters in 2008 still won’t support at this late date…

Romney was probably the right guy for the country in 2008 (I donated in 2008), but is the wrong candidate for 2012… and the Northeast means ZERO to the electoral success of the GOP candidate (see 2010 congressional results).

More of a social moderate here, so had been pulling for Newt, but he couldn’t keep focused and never had a real strategy, so Santorum by default… oh… and eff Perry’s advisors for turning him into turd candidate…

phreshone on February 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Ah yes, the winds of fashion waft to and fro and the hotairians stampede to and fro.

Perry…..Cain…..Gingrich…..Santorum……whoever is riding high that week, that’s who gets the hotair vote.

YehuditTX on February 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I for one have been a Rick Perry supporter ever since he got into the race. I still continue to be one even though he’s no longer in the race. Having very poor choices left in the GOP Presidential field is very very depressing.

I offer some recent Perry cat nip for those who supported him and those who might not have been paying attention over the last several months.

Rick Perry at CPAC 2012 via Therightscoop

HotAir – Perry; Sure I’ll run again – and more

Please note the personal talk Perry has with Ed’s wife. The others running just don’t have this kind of class of personality.

Ronaldusmax on February 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Santorum is the Huckabee of 2012.

YehuditTX on February 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Ronaldusmax on February 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Me too.

YehuditTX on February 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

YehuditTX on February 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

ROTFLMAO.

What’s been the one constant?

“Anybody but ModerateMittens.”

Methinks you really miss the point.

Miss the forest for the trees much?

lol.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

MittBots apparently an endangered species in HotAiria.

shucks, there’s still Democratic Underground (he should primary Obama and then he can start bragging about how he beat Obama to healthcare for all, and choice for none).

PappyD61 on February 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Boy…..some of the Romneybots are pretty openly hostile aren’t they….

Twist and spin however you like, Romney is more like 0bama than Santorum is.

Hell of a way to pick a candidate, ain’t it.

If the convention is brokered and we get a Bush it’ll be time to have a civil war I think. Progressives versus the sane people of the country. May the best .30-30 with scope carrying citizens win.

Wolfmoon on February 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Archivarix on February 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Heads up folks, I’ve been getting this vibe lately, this new meme being tossed around by the lefties trying to convince everyone that if the republicans win the election, particularly of the tea party variety, that a new “theocracy” will descend upon the land. Notice the radical word usage and attempts to equate Christianity to radical islam.

Here’s the truth pal. The only theocracy this country should be fearing is the church of neo-marxist liberalism Obozo and minions are trying desperately to take us to. Your projection is showing my man.

starman on February 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Dude- I don’t think you can put “Anybody but ModerateMittens” on the ballot in November. I could be wrong, but I dont think so.

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Santorum is the Huckabee of 2012.

YehuditTX on February 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Agreed.

Kaffa on February 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Santorum hasn’t referenced the almighty enough times per minute when I’ve seen him talk to actually be a Huckabee.

Wolfmoon on February 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

starman on February 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Glad it’s not just me who’s seen this new meme lately.

JPeterman on February 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

It looks like Hot Air is following the rest of the conservo-sphere and moving to Santorum.

There may be hope for America yet.

18-1 on February 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Yeah..like a compass in the Bermuda Triangle.

The last one who talked is right, until..the next last one who talked. It was Bachmann, then it was Perry, then it was Trump, then it was Cain, then it was Gingrich, now it’s Santorum.

My head is spinning!

The only good, honest one, true conservative was Sarah but that was so much fun to put her down. Now you all are all over the place. Sheeshh…and you are gonna wonder why we end up with 4 more years of the marxist obama?

Seems pretty clear to me with such a disgruntled and unstable electorate.

American Dream 246 on February 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM

starman on February 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Interesting that.

“Theocracy” has been a buzzword tossed around quite a bit from resident mittbots (figured someone used it on “The View”).

I differentiate the mittbots from Romney Supporters – Fairly easy to tell the difference – “Romney Supporters” don’t shoot flecks of spit when they talk, and their main gripe is “electability”. It’s fun to watch them twist themselves into knots trying to explain how Romney is a “Conservative” (oops severely conservative).

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

FlaMurph on February 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Dude….what’s yer point?

(and where’s my car?)

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

starman on February 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Yep.

pannw on February 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Both Gingrich and Sarah have a very strong following here at Hot Air. I’m glad this is truly a CONSERVATIVE site.

DannoJyd on February 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM