Video: Crowder, Loesch rap at CPAC

posted at 8:00 am on February 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, John Hawkins and TeaParty.net staged the first ever CPAC Blogger Awards, which John organized and emceed in part.  The awards recognized a number of excellent bloggers, such as Pamela Gellar, Jim Hoft, Emily Zanotti (to whom I presented the award), Glenn Reynolds (twice, with one award accepted on his behalf by comedienne Victoria Jackson), and our own blog, which was selected as Best Blog Overall.  During the event, we got a live performance of “Mr. America” by the Powdered Zombies, who are better known as Steven Crowder and Chris Loesch (whose wife Dana makes an appearance in the video).  They performed along with their new video of this rap song, in which we find out what our founding fathers would think of the US now … if they were still alive … and if they became rappers.  It’s a well-produced video, and the Powdered Zombies got a lot of laughs out of it from the bloggers:

Thanks to a number of technical difficulties, we have quite a backlog of videos to post of interviews conducted over the last couple of days.  Later, I’ll have an exclusive interview with Rick Santorum which Tina and I conducted jointly, as well as a great interview with Hollywood conservative Allen Covert, who has a very cool project about teaching American values to children — and whom, I might add, is just a terrific guy.  (I’ll have more on that later.)  I will also post interviews with Todd Starnes, Jackie Walorski, Rep. Mike Pompeo, and more, and I will be interviewing more people as we go along.

If you’re following along on the CPAC.org website, I will be on stage at 1 pm ET for a panel on how the new media needs to transform and build itself into a full alternative to the MSM.  Jim Geraghty and Erik Telford will be on my panel, and Floyd Brown will be the moderator, so it should be a lot of fun.

Comments

Best part is Dana vamping in the background.

Jaibones on February 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

myiq2xu on February 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Remy is better. Hard to understand the lyrics.

Best Worst part is Dana vamping in the background.

Jaibones on February 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Fixed.

itsnotaboutme on February 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM

That’s awesome…

beatcanvas on February 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM

haha nice!

trailortrash on February 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM

…and our own blog, which was selected as Best Blog Overall.

Well, I hope you allowed yourself to perform the smug dance.

Congrats!

turfmann on February 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Mandating purchases and monopolizing the market. The British Stamp Act prevented Americans from consuming American produce, forcing Americans to purchase British goods. Cyclic rotation: The first shall be last, and the last first.

/…So the reincarnation of Founding Fathers is Black.

maverick muse on February 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I like it!

Amjean on February 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM

If that is Chris Loesch’s real voice, he should sing more. Good job. Love the wooden teeth.

Cindy Munford on February 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM

i was trying to get through the crotch pumping parts to see Dana Loesch….c’mon guys?!/

ted c on February 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM

i guess there’s no NARN this week.

ted c on February 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

i guess there’s no NARN this week.

ted c on February 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Mitch will be in studio, and you can listen at AM1280ThePatriot.com.

Ed Morrissey on February 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Kicks /powder zombie/

Don’t you see no matter what you do
You’ll never run away from you
And if you keep on runnin’
You’ll have to pay the price

maverick muse on February 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM

ted 10:43, rolling in their graves

maverick muse on February 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM

and our own blog, which was selected as Best Blog Overall.

Many congratulations.

lynncgb on February 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Humpbot

ironked on February 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

wow.. that was pretty good. is this an original song or is it using beats from another song?

gumble on February 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

thx. ed

ted c on February 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Why elevate Pam Geller to relevant status?
Just Curious

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Wow, conservative humor! Watch out Dennis Miller!

KeninCT on February 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Awesome.

nootch on February 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

our own blog, which was selected as Best Blog Overall.

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! :)

itsnotaboutme on February 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

ah,’raises hand’ If Hot Gas won best overall blog does that mean that….
A. The writers are excellent, so they won the the award
B. We the commenter are excellent, so we won the award
C Both of the above

I’m kind of partial to b. , but I’m sure the writers want the credit, so I shall reluctantly go with c.

angrymike on February 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Knickers? lol

Fallon on February 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I lasted 30 seconds — I just can’t handle rap. :-\
But Hot Air getting the award for best blog? I’d love to watch that (unless Allahpundit raps his acceptance speech).

KS Rex on February 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

It’s like that 80s SNL skit where Eddy Murphy dresses like a white guy and notices white people act differently when there are no black people around.

2 min mark in the vid is enlightening.

freshface on February 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM

1. Looked like in the scenes where they’re sitting down with the babes (Dana and whoever), Crowder was holding a bottle of Rush Limbaugh’s brew, Two If By Tea. If so, he has good taste.

2. Congratulations, Ed, Allah, Tina & Jazz on winning the Best Overall Blog award!

3. Sarah Palin is scheduled to speak today at 4:30 p.m., EST. And today is her birthday.

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Must be pointed out that the irrelevant Charles Johnson thinks they are inferring the “n” word by saying knickers…what happened to that man and his site again?

StevefromMKE on February 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Ok, not a big rap fan. The song didn’t sound awful though. Best part?

Knickers. Yeah, that made me laugh.

Pattosensei on February 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

“Knickers” LMAO!

JustJP on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Yeah, see, here’s the deal…

Loesch has a music background, IIRC, so the music bed is fine.

…but they needed to jettison everything else. Including themselves.

I got off the Crowder train years ago. He’s like Beck in the sense that the self-promotion is all geared towards some attempt at mainstream breakthrough.

Look at this video, it’s 100% Samberg. So anybody who knows Andy’s schtick is only going to see this as wannabe. So WTF is the point?

budfox on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

budfox on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Relax, lighten up and enjoy.
P.S. loved when you stuck it to Gordon Gecko at the end of Wallstreet.

Garym on February 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Maybe I’m too old or too deaf, but the only thing I caught was knickers (such was funny as h3ll). Is there a transcript?

LtGenRob on February 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM

That was awesome! Going on my facebook right now. Spread the word people.

jistincase on February 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

budfox on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Jealous?

jistincase on February 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Great video! But here is another great video by Andrew Breitbart! He’s telling the OWSers what America really thinks about them. In the couple of minutes this vid takes, Breitbart tells more about the OWSer movement than all the MSM news stories already written, combined!

bloggless on February 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Ditto²

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM

“Knickers” LMAO!

JustJP on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

And like clockwork Progressives fabricate racial incident @ CPAC

LMAO!!!!

redridinghood on February 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM

LOL that was great!

WisCon on February 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Conservatives shouldn’t do humor. Comedians do humor. If that comedian happens to be conservative, excellent.

Steven Crowder is a conservative who attempts humor. He’s okay but he’s no Greg Gutfeld who is a comic who happens to be conservative.

MaxMBJ on February 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

bloggless on February 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM

And you wonder why Obama is still polling in the high 40′s low 50′s.

Decent people with an ounce of shame recoil at ignoramuses like the one on full display in your video.

That you and people like you love this nonsense, and think you represent more than a tiny fringe, is a real problem.

freshface on February 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My question answered before I could even ask. Thanks. CPAC.org is the place to watch it, I suppose?

predator on February 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM

That video proves that it’s not just the lyrics that cause rap music to suck. #GrumpyOldFart

TedInATL on February 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

StevefromMKE on February 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Is he still around? Haven’t visited there since I was banned a few years ago.

Dasher on February 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

cPaC shakur and whiggy smalls

freshface on February 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Is he still around? Haven’t visited there since I was banned a few years ago.

Dasher on February 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I bet you have a more than a few “home boys” here.
Wasn’t “Little Green Apples” a sappy song by Roger Miller, et al.?
(chuckle)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

freshface on February 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Speaking of “tiny” fringes…

Yo knicker!

Roy Rogers on February 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

freshface on February 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I think you’ll feel more at home at LFG with all the other humorless simps.

gryphon202 on February 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Ditto²

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Ditto…Ditto…Ditto!

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Congrats to Ed and the gang at Hot Air. But Jim Hoft? I lost a lot of respect for him during Weiner-gate. Made his blog into a salacious tabloid – actually it’s pretty much always been that, but he’s gotten worse.

Living in St. Louis I can catch Dana’s radio show. I can usually take only a few minutes before I have to change the station. She’s like a female version of Crane Durham… very grating on the ear and nerves. That cackling, snort laugh! I lost a lot of respect for Dana during the 2010 elections, especially right after it when she blamed third parties for Ed Martin’s loss, instead of admitting that he just couldn’t complete the sale.

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Is he still around? Haven’t visited there since I was banned a few years ago.

Dasher on February 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Yes, but it is probably more accurate to say that he still barely exists

That blog above is run by a number of ex-lizards who have been making a hobby of mocking the 180 that Johnson has done since the dems took control and 9/11 has faded into distant fuzzy liberal memory.

AZfederalist on February 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM

jistincase on February 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

hahaha…please. They’re the freakin jealous ones. I’m not the dude seven years late to Lazy Sunday.

Which is why I’m actually embarrassed by it.

If it wasn’t such a swipe, I’d give them credit for trying something original. But it just reinforces the stereotype that the right hates the entertainment industry because we can’t pull it off.

MaxMBJ on February 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Exactly

budfox on February 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Crowder, Breitbart, HA.
Outstanding.

justltl on February 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

MaxMBJ on February 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

WTF are you smoking? Crowder has a standup routine, and Big Gut spent over a decade as a journalist and magazine editor.

/facepalm

gryphon202 on February 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I have a great love of all things musical, with exception to hip hop, rap. Just never thought the genre demonstrated much talent. This piece was actually very good and shows a lot of talent. I’m torn, does it mean these two don’t have much talent, the reason it is so good, or have I missed something about the genre? I will have to try again to see the merits of this genre. In the mean time, this effort was very good and funny, I think it shows a lot of talent. Good lyrics, decent camera work, with a beat.

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I bet you are one of those simpering imps that run the hate-radio site here. She is so horrible and irrelevant that they just gave her Laura Ingrahams spot to run against Rush. She got a third hour. She draws more listeners than Rush. She does more to advance the Tea Party and conservatism than anyone else in the area.

What a pretender logus…you people are so specious.

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

IIRC Dana’s hubby runs a big recording studio in STL.

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Lyrics:

Yeah, lookin’ at the country, It’s not what I intended
Gotta start to make a change, Before you’re a Neverending
Story of a failed nation run straight out of luck
Like a million Tyler Perry Movies
Uh, you suck

All you little haves lots you’re still selfish and want more
Votin’ in your own self- interests now instead of the core
Principles that made this country both honest and true
Free to speak, worship, pursuit of your happiness too

With all this money afly you gon’ be needin’ a big freeze
I hate the size of the fed like Jesus hated the fig tree
As spending goes up, you gotta borrow some more
Borrowin’ from the chinese, Oh My lord

Instead you just tax more, increasin’ the size
Of the federal government yeah to George’s surprise
You’ll be done like Detroit man, no You ain’t comin’ back
Forget it, I’m out, I’m muzzle loading my gat

Mr. America, look what you’ve done
You’ve traded your liberty and sovereignty for lies and promises

Mr. America, don’t you run away
Pick the pieces up and face the problems, you’ll be great again
Mr. America

I got tired of rolling over in my grave everyday
Makin a monarchy of my beloved US of A
You little glitches need remindin of what we were before
And the sitch that lead us up to revolutionary war
High taxes to the throne without a voice of our own
Ruled top down from the crown we wanted left alone
All y’all so soft you takin it year after year
We were fighting red coats while we were brewing our beer
Now I’m spittin cyphers through a grill made of wood
That’s how it all went down in G Dubs neighborhood
Packin cap n balls black powder hammers were cocked locked
Click clack, the lobster backs lost the attack ’cause I rocked!
So chicken littles who don’t know me listen don’t let it twist
We kicked the “Aaa’s” of the “Bees” for much less than this!

Mr. America, look what you’ve done
You’ve traded your liberty and sovereignty for lies and promises

Mr. America, don’t you run away
Pick the pieces up and face the problems, you’ll be great again
Mr. America

Unemployment’s at eight five, when it’s really at twelve
Hear me class is in session you Can’t be saved by the bell
What happens when you, keep printing mo dough
Both party’s have gone green like their name was Al Gore

Yeah but right now you’re high, ain’t you big hitter
But I’m back from the dead now bringing back all my knickers

Man you think I’d say that, come on what’s wrong with you
I’m just talking about my short pants that tuck into my shoe
But let’s get back to the first point I was trying to make
The degradation of our freedoms and our country at stake

The government’s getting grand, while private sector grows smaller
Pour one out for your homies, cuz here comes the cold water
Unemployment’s still rising, our debt’s growing still
The only change that you’ll get, is being left with the bill

Mr. America, look what you’ve done
You’ve traded your liberty and sovereignty for lies and promises

Mr. America, don’t you run away
Pick the pieces up and face the problems, you’ll be great again
Mr. America

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Sounds like you’ve lost a lot of respect. Good luck finding it, once you lose it, its very hard to get back.

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yes that is Chris’s voice… dude can sing very well.

Metro on February 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Steven Crowder is OK but Chris Loesch is really good. His performance is clear, crisp and cogent. I’m sure they had a lot more fun putting it together than some of you had watching. IT’S NOT RAP, it’s a spoof of rap, “spittin cyphers through a grill made of wood” should have made that obvious. BTW that’s Chris’ studio, he’s not a pretender.

Pole-Cat on February 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM

budfox on February 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Jealous?

jistincase on February 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Narrow mindless?

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

As for the “knickers” the way it all comes to a screeching halt as if to say “just watch how this puts ‘you’ into convulsions” and God help them they STILL go into convulsions. Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are.

Pole-Cat on February 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

MaxMBJ on February 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Its always easy to be a critic. I like Crowder. What have you offered up?

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Ed
I have to say, I would have never thought a thread with a humorous vid, would bring out the haters. Good job!

Bmore on February 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Very fun!

I also love that the knickers joke is giving the pansy-class the vapors.

Allahs vulva on February 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Looks like those criticizing the “knickers” thing have never seen “Malibu’s Most Wanted”… direct homage and new twist on that bit.

Grow the hell up.

Metro on February 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Excellent!! Hope to see more like this!!

mtb on February 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

What a pretender logus…you people are so specious.

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

lol

Okay, whatever.

Popularity means nothing. Most of those radio shows are annoying – and no, I run no anti-radio site.

I do however believe we should hold ourselves and others to a high bar. Hoft and Loesch claim to be Christians. Their sites, snark and other material speak against that.

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

What a pretender logus…you people are so specious.

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Specious: Superficially plausible but actually wrong; misleading in appearance.

What did I say that was wrong? Dana uses snark quite a bit. She also has an annoying laugh. And she did claim and blame Martin’s loss on third party candidates and people who voted for them. I happened to listen to her show and watch the video clips. I even went as far as to research the election number results for several years proving her wrong.

Same goes for Jim Hoft’s site. Sure, he often puts out some good stuff, but I’ve also seen quite a bit of rubbish put forth by him. Editorially and in choice of material and attack. Tabloidism. And if you comment negatively on the site while claiming to be a conservative, you’re seen as a mobi – deviation from the accepted norm and opinion is not allowed.

Meanwhile you make a specious assumption about me and radio.

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Your whining wasn’t interesting the first time you posted it.

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Remy is funnier, hipper, better.

itsnotaboutme on February 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I love it and the lovely ladies givin’ it class lol :-)

Whose Revolution?
Our Revolution!
Santorum 2012

DaMav on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Well, now there you go again…

Being specious.

Logus on February 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I give them credit: Its not easy to try to write and perform something like this and perform it to the audience their shooting for.

Like it or hate it: Rap is pretty much as mainstream as Easy listening AM/FM. It crossing borders & cultures and in the last 30-odd years it has become a medium in its own right.

Is the video silly, irreverent and more likely than not, won’t sway a lot of the folks that listen to it…but it could sway some, and isn’t that the goal?

To get those likely to listen to it and vote to think before they do?

BlaxPac on February 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I’m sorry, this is dumb.

YehuditTX on February 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

For all the supposed artistic critics who can’t get it that this is supposed to be a tongue in cheek vid that has an over arching message need to quit taking themselves so seriously. It was humorous and got the point across. I am very sure that neither one are shooting for the video of the year award at Mtv any time soon. This is playing to the audience for whom it was intended and frankly I like it and really don’t care what the other poo pooers say about it.

jistincase on February 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

the Powdered Zombies

Big Fan!!

dopest rappers at CPAC, yo.

Fo’ Shizzle.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

So chicken littles who don’t know me listen don’t let it twist
We kicked the “Aaa’s” of the “Bees” for much less than this!

Outstanding.

Tim_CA on February 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I like Crowder’s “Peace Prize” video a little better, but this is awesome.

allahpunditfanclub on February 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM