CPAC interview: Rep. Mike Pompeo and the Obama war on energy

posted at 12:00 pm on February 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

A couple of weeks ago, I interviewed Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS) for his response to the State of the Union speech on energy policy, and yesterday I got the chance to catch up with Pompeo in person to discuss energy policy and the Obama administration’s hostility toward domestic energy production.  We discussed the “forked tongue” of this White House on energy, which promises to increase domestic production of natural gas while siccing the EPA on extraction efforts, especially hydraulic fracturing of “fracking.”

In the interview, I mention Frack Nation, the new film from my good friends Phelim McAleer and Ann McIlhenny.  I’ll be interviewing them today to discuss their documentary, so be sure to stay tuned!

Comments

What energy?

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Good on you Ed, I went after this exact same subject on my blog yesterday.

SWalker on February 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree with Obama…energy’s no fun, pay Brazil to do it and lets make some Volts.

DHChron on February 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Not OT

Did anyone else hear Ann McElhinney at CPAC this morning?

SHE needs to be our spokesman on energy.

Her speech was DYNOMITE !

If I knew where to find a video replay of it, I’d “link” it for the rest of you.

Youtube did not have it, last I looked.

listens2glenn on February 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Put Occupiers to work turning wind generators.

Roy Rogers on February 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I was watching Fringe (it’s awesome). Agent Dunham leads Peter Bishop to a small car she unplugs from a street outlet. She flips closed the {plug holder?} It’s a Nissan. She drives away – it’s a Leaf.

and this is Fox

DHChron on February 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Where is the media on the energy situation?
(question asked…by lobotomy4life at troll school)

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Stolen from another poster in another thread- “They should rename the Nissan Leaf the Nissan Hibachi”.

jb34461 on February 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Coal plants are being shut down all over the place. We are reducing capacity.

Guess who pays the bill?

tom daschle concerned on February 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM