Breaking: Romney wins CPAC straw poll

posted at 4:34 pm on February 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Are you as severely surprised as I am?  Mitt Romney won the last time that Ron Paul didn’t win, and he managed to do it again:

Mitt Romney won The Washington Times/CPAC Presidential Straw Poll on Saturday, and also nipped Rick Santorum as the top choice of conservatives nationwide, according to a new version of the poll conducted for the first time this year that suggests Mr. Romney retains strong support among self-identified conservatives.

Mr. Romney won 38 percent of the straw poll, which counted the votes of 3,408 activists gathered for the Conservative Political Action Conference, which ran from Thursday through Saturday at a hotel in Washington.

Mr. Santorum was second with 31 percent, Newt Gingrich was third with 15 percent and Rep. Ron Paul was fourth with 12 percent — far below his showing the last two years, when he won with 31 in 2010 and 30 percent in 2011.

The results for Paul doesn’t come as much of a shock.  Paul didn’t speak at CPAC, and his faithful contingent was mostly absent from the conference this year. Still, it’s a bit of a shock to see him fall all the way to the bottom.

Romney brought a lot of supporters with him to CPAC, which is exactly what this straw poll measures. In that sense, it’s a bit surprising to see Rick Santorum come as close as he did in second place.  We saw a lot of Santorum posters and signs at CPAC this year, so perhaps the Santorum campaign managed to get that kind of organization in place.  As low on resources they have been, though, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to buy a bunch of tickets for Santorum supporters to attend a three-day conference.  I’d chalk that up to more organic support than organization.

The big surprise, though, was Gingrich’s poor showing.  He also has resource issues now, but CPAC is his crowd.  Normally one would expect Gingrich to score better at this particular conference, especially after a very good speech yesterday.  A distant third was not the result the Gingrich team would have wanted for the story line out of CPAC.  Gingrich does a little better in the Washington Times’ national poll at 20%, but still trails both Romney (27%) and Santorum (25%).

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Sarah Palin should have been our nominee.

INC on February 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Agree

evergreenland on February 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

y’all stay cool…going to see the newsboys in concert later this evening :)

cmsinaz on February 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Romney was a English Lit major. He knows what “severely” means.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

So he should’ve used some other term then, wordsmith that he is. Romney’s had nothing thought-provoking or inspiring to say since his religion speech in the last prez election cycle. He’s been put to shame by a supposedly illiterate idiot from Wasilla.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Someone should send a heads up to tips@HA? I don’t think they know that the headliner just spoke.

BoxHead1 on February 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I love Sarah..great speech. I’m also a Romney supporter. What does that make me?

bluealice on February 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Someone who is smart enough to realize that what makes us Americans is the ability to choose, no matter what others may think.

An admirable trait.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Did Simple Sarah say a few words? How kind of the CPAC folks to let her stumble through a few incoherent remarks at their circus.

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

The circus Romney was voted king of, right?

MeatHeadinCA on February 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Boom Taste my Nightstick, Thanks MeatHead. I try to keep my posts clean, but I was about to swear.

MJ your just a…..no that just what your after.

MontanaMmmm on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

y’all stay cool…going to see the newsboys in concert later this evening :)

cmsinaz on February 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Excellent cmsinaz! I have Kirk Cameron here in Alvin, TX tonight with his Love Is Worth Fighting For tour…..3 blocks away from my house at the Alvin High School! Enjoy the Newsboys! :)

sicoit on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

y’all stay cool…going to see the newsboys in concert later this evening :)

cmsinaz on February 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Wow Good Deal..Have fun..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Not at all surprised, Ed.

The CONSERVATIVES supported Romney.

mountainaires on February 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

sicoit on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

2012: The Year The Right Wing Went Liberal

Crusty on February 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

backatcha buddy! :)

sicoit on February 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Basil, great post. Plus: Romney is articulate and telegenic; McCain couldn’t string 3 coherent sentences together, on top of which he mumbled.

Most people seem to think Brit Hume is a fairly bright guy. Hume has said repeatedly that, given Obama’s record, what millions of independents, soccer Moms, seniors and discerning Dems will be looking for: a reasonable alternative with a stellar and clean background. That candidate is Mitt Romney – proven crossover appeal and who can compete with Obama dollar for dollar.

Romney has not spent 6 years of life to roll over after Labor Day. He is determined to fight and defeat Obama, and he will.

And, yes, I am a Sarah Palin fan too, but one speech does not make a campaign.

matthew8787 on February 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

CPAC “let” her? You know better than that MJ, LOL Keynote Speaker?
C-Span set aside a 2 Hour time slot just for Sarah Palin? The most for any Speaker in the 3 day event? Get a grip.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM

MAINE CAUCUS — WatchTheVote2012 Results

Ron Paul currently winning Maine 42% to Romney’s 33%.

Kaffa on February 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

She could have run …… she didn’t . End of story .
Anyone wonder why she didn’t run ?
Give it your best shot , I’m listening .

Lucano on February 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

A few weeks before Governor Palin said she wasn’t going to run, I started to notice a change in her.

In her television appearances she seemed distracted and disheartened. There was a sadness in her eyes and her voice that I had never seen before.

I can’t remember where I read it, but supposedly her sister begged her not to run. I don’t know if that was just a rumor, or, if it was the deciding factor for her.

Or, the straw that finally broke the camel’s back could have been that jerk who verbally attacked her daughter. Whatever it was, IMHO something happened that shook her to the core.

That may sound a bit like tin-foil hat territory, but my take is that the Sarah Palin during the last few weeks before her announcement date, was not the same Sarah Palin we had seen previously.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

OT: Anybody see this gem:
Mom of The Year: Mooch Says 10-Year-Old Sasha And 13-Year-Old Malia Can Have Role In Campaign If They Want To…

sicoit on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Great speech by Palin. No other Republican can work a crowd like she can. I guess she figured the media would never let her win the Presidency(she would’ve been a shoo-in for the nomination though), and the toll taken on herself and her family since 2008 was too much to go through again. Oh well, what might’ve been.

Hopefully she winds up the Energy Secretary for President Santorum or Romney.

Doughboy on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

MontanaMmmm on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I just did it for you!
(My wife just asked me why I was swearing!…must have done it out loud!)

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

#WINNING

Drunk Report on February 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Remember Sharron Angle? Harry Reid could be out of the Senate right now & living as a private citizen in Nevada. But alas, the GOP was determined to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory against Reid in 2010 & 31% of CPAC members seem primed to do the same against Obama in 2012.

Dark Star on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Hopefully she winds up the Energy Secretary for President Santorum or Romney.

Doughboy on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

maybe she wants to try VP again…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Ok MJ, I’ll completely ignore her admonition that the Republican party has to pull together, stop attacking each other, and strongly support WHOEVER our nominee is.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Given the fact that RINO romney(care) has supported EVERY SIDE OF EVERY ISSUE – the totally clueless will ALWAYS find something to support about him.

The #1 joke in the Repub presidential nomination campaign:
A conservative, moderate and liberal walk into a bar.
“Hello, Mitt,” says the bartender.

(To be fair-and-balance, here’s the #1 joke in the d-cRAT socialist presidential nomination campaign: “barak hussein obama”. )

Another John Kerry…

Romney(care): He was FOR abortion before he was AGAINST it; he was FOR the individual mandate before he was AGAINST it; he was FOR appointing leftist activist judges before he was AGAINST it; he was FOR coddling ILLEGALS before he was AGAINST it; he was FOR the auto bailout before he was AGAINST it; he was FOR massive tax increases BEFORE he was AGAINST it….

SO WHERE ARE THE SWIFT BOATERS WHEN WE REALLY NEED THEM ?????

TeaPartyNation on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Oh, I’m so severely happy you set me straight on that, snookums! Ummmm…
ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I told you the truth. Would you prefer I lie? Freaking jackass…

and you’ll notice they’re still negative in connotation.

*sigh* You severely test my patience. When something is severely difficult to accomplish but is ultimately successful it does not have a negative connotation. Like this! “I fought against long odds in a deep blue state, but I was a severely conservative Republican governor.”

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I’ve noticed she’s lost weight recently. Noticed it again tonight. I sure hope she’s not sick with something.

Dack Thrombosis on February 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

The circus Romney was voted king of, right?

MeatHeadinCA on February 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

If Mitt is the man all of the H/A “conservatives” say he is, then why would any of you object to saying that about a conservative convention that coronated him?

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Sweet Meteor of Death 2012

Valiant on February 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

ROMBO says the news of his death have been Severely exaggerated.

FlaMurph on February 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

sicoit on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

enjoy :)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

will do

I’ll catch up with you all afterwards

cmsinaz on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

The #1 joke in the Repub presidential nomination campaign:
A conservative, moderate and liberal walk into a bar.
“Hello, Mitt,” says the bartender.

TeaPartyNation on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

aww… and say, did anybody laugh at that joke?…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Oh, well that makes up for months of “keep the primary the fight club” going spew.

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I just did it for you!
(My wife just asked me why I was swearing!…must have done it out loud!)

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I’m a newbie with a baaaad cold, would be an easy time to get banned.

MontanaMmmm on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Oh, I’m so severely happy you set me straight on that, snookums! Ummmm…
ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I told you the truth. Would you prefer I lie? Freaking jackass…

No, as usual you made a jackass out of yourself. Everyone knows Romney’s “severely” crap was maladroit.

and you’ll notice they’re still negative in connotation.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

“Severely conservative” has a negative connotation. Period, end of. Better luck next time, sweetie.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Just goes to show, 38% of CPAC atendees don’t know what the hell is going on…

Mr. Grump on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

The #1 joke in the Repub presidential nomination campaign:
A conservative, moderate and liberal walk into a bar.
“Hello, Mitt,” says the bartender.

TeaPartyNation on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

aww… and say, did anybody laugh at that joke?…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

LOL, I did.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Watching the “true conservatives” on here wetting themselves over a meaningless speech by a elected official who quit on her people, is frankly embarrassing.

xxessw on February 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Then go away

Night Owl on February 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Karl Rove hates it when they let her go last…

d1carter on February 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Dark Star on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Who was going to beat him? The lady who was talking about bartering chickens for medical care?

Ain’t no way Reid was losing that election. None.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Santorum leading Romney 38 to 23 in the PPP poll is more significant, by far, than Willard beating Santorum in the straw poll at CPAC by 38 to 31.

If you don’t believe me, let’s give a shout out now to Michele Bachmann, the one-time straw poll queen of Ames, Iowa.

And of course you realize that Willard and his Mormon minions are such weenies that they would ballot stuff a straw poll any way they could, putting even the Ron Paul legions to shame. They knew their boy Drudge would give it big publicity.

This was the best line:

Mr. Romney retains strong support among self-identified conservatives.

And that’s the whole point. The Willardistas are self-identified conservatives, not real conservatives. If Obama bussed in some OWS leftists to CPAC just to take the straw poll, they would self-identify as conservatives, to keep their cover.

Willard delenda est.

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

as a cunning linguist that you are, care to enlighten us if ‘refudiate’ carries a positive or negative connotation? or is it neutral from a semantic point of view…or to put it in semiotic terms, void of both the ‘signified’ or the ‘signifier’ :-)…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Just goes to show, 38% of CPAC atendees don’t know what the hell is going on…

Mr. Grump on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

They know a winner when they see one.

cicerone on February 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:19

LOL, that’s what I was thinking.

MontanaMmmm on February 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Palin had the best speech not just of CPAC but the entire primary cycle.

Draft Palin 2012. We need this woman.

unseen on February 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM

It was the best speech of the cycle. Because she pointed her arrows at the causes of our Country’s problems; and gave the solutions on how to overcome them.

Whether she would accept a draft would remain to be seen.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

First, that’s not true about Romney. I don’t claim he’s the greatest ever, but he has given some great speeches and yesterday’s was one of them. I doubt you read or watched it in its entirety. How about Nevada. See that one? New Hampshire? No? Last year at CPAC? Too filled with bile to notice?

Second, Palin gives great speeches (except when she attacks our fellow Republicans). I’ve never denied that. But she is a terrible extemporaneous speaker/Fox analyst.

And may I say, I’ve never “seen” anyone with a bigger chip on their shoulder than you. That’s why I call you the bitter clinger…

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I’m chalking this event up as proof that the GOP Elitist RINO’s have entrenched themselves in CPAC, but that is hardly breaking news as we’ve known that for almost a decade now.

DannoJyd on February 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Semiotic! I had to look it up. Great word that :-)

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

OH GEEZUS.

MITT WINS CPAC!

MITT ROMNEY WINS MAINE CAUCUS TOO.

ROFL!

Ed will be even MORE severely surprised! And, Erick Erickson will be severely depressed; he said Newt would be the nominee [Erick's a moron].

But I’m not surprised at all.

And, CONSERVATIVES are not surprised either. So, what does that make the rest of you?

mountainaires on February 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Neither. It was a catchy malapropism. Unlike you ‘bot cultists, I’m not going to sit here and try to say black is white just for the sake of propping up an idol.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Willard delenda est.

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

if you repeat it long enough, it will happen, you know… (as in ‘if you build it, it will come :-)…one of the pre-conditions for it to happen though is to cover your ears and go ‘lalala’…like this it carries more force of persuasion when accessing The Source :-)…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Dr Paul is a good amn. He will never be the nominee. Which retard said Frothy was going to win Maine?

borntoraisehogs on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

The #1 joke in the Repub presidential nomination campaign:
A conservative, moderate and liberal walk into a bar.
“Hello, Mitt,” says the bartender.
TeaPartyNation on February 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

It might have been funny if Mitt, you know, was a drinker and went to bars. Since he doesn’t even drink coffee it goes in the “heh” category.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

FloraDuh ,
Thanks for a serious answer , that’s all I was looking for .
I do remember what you referred to and I also saw a change .
She seemed different and stayed in Alaska for quite awhile .
I hope we find out someday what put her off .

Lucano on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

What a joke. A conservative gathering selects a progressive liberal from the most liberal state of the US. This shows just how far left the nation has moved in the past 20 years. The GOP is the new Democrat party and the Democrat Party is America’s communist party. There is no American conservative movement left except the Tea Party.

Tripwhipper on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Romney’s speech was embarrassing. The word “conservative” 28 times in something like 10 minutes. LOL

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Oh no, she still thinks it would be better for the vetting process to continue.

Because unlike some of us, for her it’s not just a contest of who can get their guy the nomination first, it’s who is the best candidate up to the task to setting this country back on it’s course.

And in her opinion, she is allowed to have one isn’t she, there’s still much to be learned about all 4 candidates before that choice can be made.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Emperor Norton says CPAC is just “self-identified conservatives, not real conservatives.”

Emperor Norton is an idiot.

mountainaires on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

aww, for a second here I thought you were talking about Palin…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Lucano on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

You’re welcome.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

aww, for a second here I thought you were talking about Palin…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Nawwwwww, I’m talking about you Mittbot moonbat types.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Also in the dumbing down of America category, I blame the sports opiate addicts for developing the “guy you would most like to have a beer with test”.

borntoraisehogs on February 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Well he had a 50% chance of winning so nobody should be surprised by this. Anyways, nobody is going to care about this. It’s all about Super Tuesday.

SoulGlo on February 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Just goes to show, 38% of CPAC atendees don’t know what the hell is going on…

Mr. Grump on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

They know a winner when they see one.

cicerone on February 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Maybe. NotRomney won by a large margin.

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Dude, read more carefully. I actually said:

The Willardistas are self-identified conservatives, not real conservatives.

There–I even provided you a link to my own comment earlier in this thread. You can’t miss it now.

The CPAC attendees who voted for Santorum, Gingrich or Paul (to some extent) were conservatives. The Willard cultists were only self-identified conservatives.

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Just goes to show, 38% of CPAC atendees don’t know what the hell is going on…

Mr. Grump on February 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

CPAC had online straw poll voting, which was new this year. Also, they did phone polling. So, who knows. I don’t think they separated the results.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

From the headlines, Romney wins the Maine caucuses.

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Flora Duh on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

From the moment Perry proved himself out of his league, Mitt Romney didn’t just become “my guy,” he became the only candidate in this race. Some people are just slow on the uptake. And as far as “vetting” goes, Mitt has run before and we have not and will not learn about any secrets or uncovered facts.

MJBrutus on February 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

The Willardistas are self-identified conservatives, not real conservatives.

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

like the Palinistas?

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

there’s nothing monumental about Romney’s winning the cpac straw poll…he won it 4 years ago too, then lost the nomination to mccain

Good! I’m glad you recognize that.

I am guessing what/who really matters in these election in palin? well, what can I say, I wasn’t aware of that, too bad she’s not on the ballots then

You’re still not understanding what I mean. I mean her ideas appear to be more welcome than Romney’s.

you’re obviously new, so I will cut you some slack…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Er…I’ve been a commenter on HA since probably a bit before the last presidential election. How long have *you* been here??

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Karl Rove hates it when they let her go last…

d1carter on February 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Good, glad he was upset! He & Dick Morris get on my nerves. They are wrong a lot anyway.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM

bluealice

Hey you are not alone.
I adore Sarah Palin and now I support Romney.
There are more of us than you think.

I noticed at CPAC that whenever anyone said we have to unite behind the candidate no matter who it it–there was a huge round of applause. They get it. Obama must go.

The other thing I noticed—Sarah was absolutely on fire.
She gave one of the most patriotic speeches as I have ever heard.

bailey24 on February 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

same :-)…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Tripwhipper on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Dont be a drama queen. Romney is clearly conservative, just because he was governing a very liberal populace doesnt mean that he was not a conservative governer. He did a great job steering them right considering the circumstances. Rush Limbaugh endorsed Romney in 2008. John Bolton and Nikki Haley endorsed him this year. These are sharp conservatives. Have you taken a second to consider you might be misguided on this? Good win for Romney at CPAC and in Maine today. Conservatives are beginning to realize the truth about Mitt.

kmalkows on February 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Tripwhipper on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

aww, does it feel lonely?…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Yes! How embarrassing to address the audience at CPAC (you do know what the C stands for, right?) and emphasize the word “conservative”!

Romney’s speech was excellent, and Al Cardenas, the Chairman of the American Conservative Union who sponsor CPAC, and who fondly introduced him, also gives great speeches.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

1) Romney won the CPAC poll because he is a severly great guy and will be a severly wonderful president.

2) Romney won Main because he is severly great and the rest of the field are severly sucking.

3) Sarah Palin is a severe clown.

Jailbreak on February 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Emperor Norton on February 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

What had more meaning for me was the MO, MN & CO vote totals:-)
Oh and the Maine Caucas results: Romney 39%, Paul 36%, Santorum 18% and Newt 6%. Only 3 %. Not too great of a win if you ask me.

Did you know that the Straw Poll vote was online and phone call votes also in CPAC?

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

One of the best speeches I have ever heard.

justltl on February 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

How many times did she use “henceforth” and “heretofore”?

BettyRuth on February 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

ddrintn on February 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM

should we do a content analysis of your posts and count how many times the word ‘conservative’ comes up? you’d be surprised…

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

How many times did she use “henceforth” and “heretofore”?

BettyRuth on February 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

severely often :-)

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

DannoJyd on February 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Matt Lewis received Blogger of the Year at Daily Caller. I was somewhat surprised at that.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Proof that not all eligible voters should be.

HopeHeFails on February 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Romney wins Maine.

Philly on February 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

How many times did she use “henceforth” and “heretofore”?

BettyRuth on February 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

jimver on February 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Haters.

BuckeyeSam on February 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

And Maine, he wins Maine. Paul does not win Maine. I guess the Media was trying to make a little drama, all is as predicted.

Fleuries on February 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

CPAC is an easy explanation, Gingrich is back in.

Fleuries on February 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Palin is so severly limited in her ability to think. She is so serverly lucky that Mav made the severe mistake of choosing her for a running mate. Cant wait to watch the Game Changer movie about what a severe flake this woman is.

Mitt severly won CPAC and severly won Maine. Rush severely is a loser.

Jailbreak on February 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Too bad Romney will lose again tonight in Maine. He can only win in rigged polls now lol

davemason2k on February 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Delusional so-called conservatives.

Chudi on February 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Just curious… What did it cost this year to attend CPAC?

Fallon on February 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Tripwhipper on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I’ve never thot of it that way, but you may have a point. From what the House has NOT done and what they HAVE done since 2010 makes one wonder.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM

What a joke. A guy has to convince people that he is a conservative and he is actually taken seriously.

CPAC has now jumped the shark. Or something. Kneel before Zod Mittens.

platypus on February 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Sarah Palin should have been our nominee.

INC on February 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Agree

evergreenland on February 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

ditto

conservative tarheel on February 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM

FloraDuh ,
Thanks for a serious answer , that’s all I was looking for .
I do remember what you referred to and I also saw a change .
She seemed different and stayed in Alaska for quite awhile .
I hope we find out someday what put her off .

Lucano on February 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I saw it too. Glad she made it to CPAC, she was fantastic!

wi farmgirl on February 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM

heil mittler!

DHChron on February 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Mitt severly won CPAC and severly won Maine. Rush severely is a loser.

Jailbreak on February 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Your severely biased. Palin rocked and threw support to the last man standing. That was the only time Mittbots stood. No fricking class at all.

wi farmgirl on February 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Haters.

BuckeyeSam on February 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yep, they just can’t stand to see her do well.

wi farmgirl on February 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Romney wins Maine.

Philly on February 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

By 3 % over Ron Paul:-)

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM

One of the best speeches I have ever heard.

justltl on February 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Yes it was. A great Patriotic one and just what we needed to hear.

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Delusional so-called conservatives.

Chudi on February 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Chudi!!! Haven’t seen you in a while. Still supporting Romney now?
Or did you switch back to Sarah Palin?

bluefox on February 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM