Who can stop an Israeli attack on Iran? Only one person.

posted at 3:05 pm on February 10, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

There seems to be a growing sentiment, not only in America, but around the world that Israel is going to attack Iran if somebody can’t provide verifiable proof that their nuclear weapons program has been dismantled. This, of course, is distressing to many and voices are rising up against the idea from inside of Israel. But why? Because they like Iran? Because they’re opposed to warfare in general? No… but they don’t want it to postpone the big Madonna concert.

Recent verbal exchanges and remarks concerning alleged Israeli plans to attack Iran’s nuclear program later this year has Israelis scared, and not for the obvious reasons.

In a newly launched Facebook page, Israeli fans of U.S. pop megastar Madonna are pleading Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to hold off any such plans to strike Iran until the Queen of Pop’s planned show in Tel Aviv on May 29.

The group, simply and directly enough, is named: “Bibi don’t start a war with Iran until after Madonna’s show on May 29.”

Say… they could be on to something here. Maybe Madonna could be appointed as the new Ambassador of Peace or something. I mean, we already had Angelina Jolie tackling international relations, so maybe this is the start of a trend. Whenever we see two countries gearing up to go to war, we just have Madonna schedule a series of shows in each nation’s biggest cities and the citizens will rise up in opposition to the conflict. If she keeps it up long enough they’ll eventually lose interest in fighting and the problem is solved.

Bonus: We could get Madonna out of the United States for years at a time.

Comments

Hmmm, so Madona is the answer?

one wonders….did she grow her Pits again? I could see
where THAT would stop it!

ToddPA on February 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Just because you wear a Kabbalah bracelet doesn’t mean the state of Israel will take you seriously.

teke184 on February 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oh man, I thought Madonna was doing a concert in Tehran
:P

burrata on February 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

There are important things to write about Jazz.

celtic warrior on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Madona Nobel Peace Prize winner. Oy!

rhombus on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Anything that Madonna would say to the Iranians, would have to be lipsinked.

And it’s going to really piss the Iranian savages off – when MIA gives ‘em the finger.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

We could get Madonna out of the United States for years at a time.

Maybe she’ll pick up a Hebrew accent while she’s there. I was getting a little bored with Madonna’s British accent during her Guy Ritchie phase. Too Dick Van Dyke – Mary Poppins cockney-like, if you know what I mean.

troyriser_gopftw on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Reminds me of 1980 when Brezhnev invaded Poland to impress Brooke Shields. Wait … that was Hinckley shooting Reagan to impress Jodie Foster. The point is … and I do have one … don’t dismiss the power of celebrity.

Paul-Cincy on February 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

So THAT’S what the “World Peace” finale at the Super Bowl was all about.

CyberCipher on February 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Nice to know they have their priorities in order.

Bitter Clinger on February 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Madona Nobel Peace Prize winner. Oy!

rhombus on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Well, she’s done more for world piece than the SCFOAMF in the White House.

Wait, did I write “piece” or “peace?” Freudian finger-slip there. And then that made me think of that “Eating Out” song she did on her Erotica album…and then that brought up thoughts Moochelle Obama, and that’s flat-out nauseating. I’m officially done before I type something even more embarrassing.

DRayRaven on February 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM

So Israel is similar to America … citizens more concerned about aging mediahounds than existential threats.

Lost in Jersey on February 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

There are important things to write about Jazz.

celtic warrior on February 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Lighten up, for crying out loud!!

Bitter Clinger on February 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM

In a short statement, the U.S. singer said: “Due to much confusion in my soul, playing for my Israeli fans with such unrest between Israel and Palestine I can’t play, as I feel sick in my spirit.”

Drop a bomb on her first.

pedestrian on February 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM

A better plan would be for Madonna to schedule a concert in Iran for employees at the Natanz enrichment facility, starting about, say, 45 minutes prior to the scheduled strike.

She jumped the shark around 1985. Why the world doesn’t seem to understand this yet, I’ll never know.

Zombie on February 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

No, the citizens will rise up in opposition to the concert.

rbj on February 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I thought she was trying way too hard at the 1/2 time show. But that’s no excuse for hurling cruel epithets.

The kids I watched it with were relentlessly making fun of her until I finally had to speak up
“That’s Madonna!! You learn to respect your elders!”

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

It’s a bird . . .

No, it’s a plane . . .

It’s . . . Supertramp!

NoDonkey on February 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Guess Lady Gaga has her wishing for a big comeback. Can’t wait until she does commercials for Depends. Ha! Uh oh, I’m almost there myself hmmm…

chickie on February 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Elderly, America-hating, pop megastar to the rescue – or something.

Pork-Chop on February 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Netaniahu’s secret plan:

1. Wait for Madonna’s concert.
2. Deport everyone who goes there to Iran.
3. Nuke ‘em from the orbit.

Archivarix on February 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

What? No one mentioned Bar Refaeli?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on February 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

“That’s Madonna!! You learn to respect your elders!”

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I thought it was silly for a woman her age to be doing those songs and dance routines, but I have to admit – if I had a wife who looked like her at age 53, you wouldn’t hear me complain.

DRayRaven on February 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Oh, she was the half time crap for music that I heard in the background?

Shut Up and umm, stop singing!

kirkill on February 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM

You (Hot Air)are sooooooo….Country music.

Falz on February 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

“Open your heart I’ll make you love me, it’s not that hard if you just turn the key…” I sing in my tone deafness to what is actually going on in the world. This woman is an affront to all women. I was a big fan of hers in the early 80′s while in college. Danced and sang to all her songs, watched her vids on the new MTV but I have no use for her now.

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I think with a bit (ok, a lot) of surgery anyone can look like that at 53… Including Madonna.

WitchDoctor on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

WitchDoctor on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Demi Moore will second that motion.

NapaConservative on February 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Cyndi Lauper, Madonna’s contemporary was and is a much better singer, though her style and mannerisms didn’t catch on like poppy Madonna did. Too bad.

Madonna was an annoyance then and she’s an annoyance now.

Logus on February 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

It’s a bird . . .

No, it’s a plane . . .

It’s . . . Supertramp!

NoDonkey on February 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hey now! I actually like Supertramp’s music. They have much more talent than Madonna. Besides, I thought Cher was the Tramp and Madonna was the …. (well, a word that shouldn’t be written on HotGas).

Jack Slade on February 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

So, 29th May it is.

OldEnglish on February 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Just looking at her picture makes want to take a bath in hydrogen peroxide.

neuquenguy on February 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM

And on that bombshell…

MrX on February 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Madonna was an annoyance then and she’s an annoyance now.

Logus on February 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Actually I though Debby Harry was good as well. Lauper I don’t agree with. Now Ann and nancy Wilson were another story entirely. Wish I could sing like them!

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

If Madonna has such influence, why didn’t Obama send her in to liberate the American hikers arrested in Persian Kurdistan?

Steve Z on February 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Is that photo Betty White? Oh, it’s mad-yawnana. Betty would do better.

BHO Jonestown on February 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

If and when the time comes I am sure Bibi will take this into consideration……..sarc/

Karla1953 on February 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM

This just reminds me of a scene from “Full Metal Jacket”, where Joker asks after the start of the Tet Offensive:

“Does this mean Ann Margret not coming?”

Wallythedog on February 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Madonna was an annoyance then and she’s an annoyance now.

Logus on February 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Cyndi is actually a great singer as long as she is singing decent music. Recently she’s been covering Blues tunes and she definitely has a talent for that genre. Her 2010 album “Memphis Blues” is great and she has some killer musical guests with her.

Del Dolemonte on February 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

But you just keep pushing MOABs over the borderline – borderline!

Buck Turgidson on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

“Does this mean Ann Margret not coming?”

Wallythedog on February 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

“Ann Margaret and entourage are due here next
week. I want someone to be there on the airfield
and stick with her for a couple of days.”
“Color me gone,” Joker says
“You’re not a photographer. Klammer, you
take it.”
“Aye-aye, sir.”
“Get me some good low angle stuff. Don’t
make it too obvious but I wanna see fur, and early
morning dew.”

Ditkaca on February 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

DRayRaven on February 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I’m happy with mine, though she’s not looking like her!
I am happy coming home to my wife, knowing I would not have to stick air fresheners in her every orifice, till they dry out!

KOOLAID2 on February 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

The world in general has lost any sense of what is important, that is, if they ever had any…

elihu on February 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

excerpt: Jazz Shaw

I can’t believe the Mossad isn’t already TOTALLY on top of the Iranian nuclear situation, and as such, there’s no need of any further ‘proof’ as far as Israel is concerned.

listens2glenn on February 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

How’s this Madonna thread doing? Hello..hello..hell hello he….echo echo..echo ech….

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Netaniahu’s secret plan:

1. Wait for Madonna’s concert.
2. Deport everyone who goes there to Iran.
3. Nuke ‘em from the orbit.

Archivarix on February 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

It’s the only way to be sure!

Vntnrse on February 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM