Video: The obligatory “dad shoots daughter’s laptop for writing disrespectful Facebook post” post

posted at 6:02 pm on February 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. It’s obligatory twice over, once because it’s going mega-viral and twice because this is basically just a variation on those controversial police taser clips that get 800 comments whenever I post them. The disciplinarians among us will defend this guy just like they defend the cops in the taser vids whereas our resident softies will tut-tut the authority figure for an over-the-top abuse of power. I’ll leave you to guess on which side I, a noted RINO candy ass, come down.

Why did this guy post this online? He’s going to teach his daughter a lesson about airing family grievances on a public forum like Facebook by … airing his own family grievances on YouTube? And doing it with a sensational flourish at the end that’s guaranteed to multiply the audience for his daughter’s Facebook post by 10,000? I think Ace is right. Feels like a stunt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Good, but not quite as good as this:

kim roy on February 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

That’s funny, just the other day I was wondering to myself why southerners have a reputation as backwater hicks in most of the country. Thanks for the reminder.

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

^^^ Southernist

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

and yes, I am a southern woman! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I am a northern woman who appreciates how you raise children

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Agree to a degree ted c. Unfortunately for us parents these days, most of these kids think they are OWED a living and everything with it. Why should they have to WORK for something when Mom and Dad are supposed to give it to them? (OWS?) Most parents these days are “afraid” of their own kids……sad…..very, very sad and scarey. I listen to some of my friends who have children tell their horror stories. Sheesh, I ask them “who is the parent, you or them”? I’m still from the old school. Put your foot up their azz……cause it’s a great place to start a shoe store! ;) Besides, these kids are OUR future…..I don’t want some snot nosed brat saying something to me like “well, old lady, take a freakin pill…..what do you want from me”? jus sayin….again.

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Guns arent’ my style. I like to psychologically tear ‘em down.

For example, my kid was putting way too much ketchup on his plate for his french fries. The next time he did that and he was was about the leave the table, I stopped him. I gave him a spoon and told him to finish.

Never had that problem again.

For dessert the kids get brothering me about getting a large portion size of ice cream. I told them I wasn’t going to tell them how much they could have, they would have to work it out for themselves, BUT if they took more than I thought they should, they would get NOTHING.

And you know, they all took reasonable portions. Didn’t have to make that decision for them.

PackerBronco on February 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Heh, I grew up in Jersey and moved to TX in 1970! I’m a southern/yankee! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

This went a little to far for my taste, especially considering that he posted this on youtube. But parenting doesn’t come with a manual, so I can’t judge him. I’m sure he did what he felt he had to do.

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

That dad is gonna have a grandchild with a dog collar.

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM

as I posted to the earlier thread:

That dad is gonna have a grandchild with a dog collar.

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I’ve read about you, so I won’t ask.

Your rep truly does precede you .

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 5:21 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I’ll teach you the value of a dollar – by wasting a couple hundred.

It’s a technique, I suppose.

Anyway you cut it, this isn’t parenting. I am a strict disciplinarian, as my kids would attest. But one should consider the root of the word. It isn’t about the PUNISHMENT, it is about the lesson learned, and instilling those values that endure in the behavior of an individual. Christ loved his disciples, taught them, and they followed His ways because they loved Him back. Effective.

PUNISHMENT is sometime necessary, no doubt. PUNISHMENT often serves a different purpose – deterrence perhaps. Or, as in this case, something to make the offended feel better, or I suspect “regain” his authority status by proving that he is the bigger, tougher, badass.

But if she was to be “grounded” and the laptop was the issue – why (as some others indicated in comments) is she still online and posting?

Sounds like a stunt to gain attention for the girl. Maybe get another CMT “reality” show going. Or maybe another “Rebecca Black music” promo. It IS Friday after all.

Whatever it is – fail all around.

Hueydriver on February 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

PackerBronco on February 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I like the cut of your jib!

Kristamatic on February 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

That video was funny – kinda lightweight.

I will show it to my 15 year old son after he completes
his stint in juvenile detention.

redguy on February 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

????

Raquel Pinkbullet says that went a little too far?

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

^^^ Southernist

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Or, as us southerners say, liberal.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

sicoit; true–somewhat. I can’t speak for most parents except the one typing here and the other that I’m married to. If Cowgirl is a spoiled brat, Cowboy has to look in the mirror for some ownership of that outcome–and across the table at momma & stepmomma v1.0 or v2.0 or whatever deal he’s got goin’ there. Had I found that post in my house on a computer I paid for, there would be harsh consequences—and they’d be creative too. Homeslice shot himself in the foot with this one, he really did. Ask yourself this, what did it accomplish?

squat.

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

????

Raquel Pinkbullet says that went a little too far?

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

She doesn’t actually use them, other than for her grungy sheik outfit.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

“Exploding” hollow point rounds?

I would have thought FMJ would be more appropriate.

JohnTant on February 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

It’s from a commercial, he linked it at 6:20 p.m.

Cindy Munford on February 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

what the… can’t believe some of you guys are cheering on this crazy dad! he completely overreacted and now he just looks stupid!! and he’s making the girl pay for a new laptop that HE broke and for the software that HE bought? is he out of his mind?

he should have just taken her laptop away but not SHOT it, that’s just over the top.

oh gosh and i hate it when parents rant on about how hard their life was as a kid. next thing you know, he’ll be talking about how he walked 15 miles through waist-high snow just to get to school and back. lol

Sachiko on February 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

This is pretty funny to me because just last night I said to my son Kelly (who was holding his ten month old son Jackson in his arms at the time)

“Kelly, the best thing you can ever do for your son is to teach him a strong work ethic. Put him to work with chores and keep him working until he’s ready to leave home.”

DrW on February 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

the thing here at play is Cowboy’s ego. He’s so offended by the action, that he can’t deal with it directly with his daughter, then overreacts and will have to walk it back once reality kicks him in the saddle if ya know whut I mean….

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

. I don’t have to be a parent to know that exploiting and publicly shaming a child on the internet is abuse.

Alpha_Male on February 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My its because you have kids that you think this is shaming them.

1. Kids glow with an inner joy when you discipline them. They know why you are taking the time to do it.

2. Kids love attention, the more the better. This will be something his daughter treasures forever.

pedestrian on February 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

walked 15 10 miles (round trip) through waistknee-high snow just to get to school and back. lol

Sachiko on February 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Been there….done that. Actually, this is true. In high school back in New Jersey.

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

He already had at least one discussion with her before about the same behavior, and she was grounded for it. He warned her next time the consequences would be worse. He kept his word.

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

We used a simple solution with our kids: If you want a Facebook account, you have to add us as friends.

eMatters on February 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Although I don’t think I would have gone that far (maybe not), I fully understand. I have three kids, all 19+, and they’ve all had their moments. I hope it works for him (and her).

iurockhead on February 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

White trash. There, I said it.

antisense on February 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Heh, I grew up in Jersey and moved to TX in 1970! I’m a southern/yankee! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Okay, that was just damn funny!

Sometime in the near future, I hope to be, too. O’course that could be dreamin’. The Man has it in his head a route to Montana, of all places.

I, of course, politely informed him that once I leave here, there is no snow in my future, especially by shovel.

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Kids really appreciate discipline whether they act like it or not. It’s an “inner” thing with them because if you, Mom/Dad, discipline them, then they know (deep, deeeppp, deeeeeeeepppppp inside) that you love them enough to bust their little azzes. My kids told me this AFTER I raised them. They still to this day tell me that’s how they will raise their kids…..we’ll see. I know what I did was the best for them. Let’s just hope and pray they figure out that discipline and sayin NO is actually loving them. (Even if it involves shooting up their laptop!) :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Come on doooooowwwwwnnnnnnnnn! We gots plenty room here in TX for y’all! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

pedestrian on February 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Precisely. Well typed.

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Sachiko on February 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

My mom used to tell me she walked the requisite 2 miles to and from school in snow. We visited where she grew up last year. He old home was scarcely 2 blocks away and no they were mile long blocks.

chemman on February 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

where are you in tx sicoit?

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Instead, with the current way things have been given to her, she’s on about her fourth phone and just expects another one when she breaks the one she has

It sounds like they have overindulged her for years, and now want to un ring the bell? First child, grandparents, blah , blah blah excuses for spoiling her for years and then expecting her at 15/16 to not expect stuff. Super smart/

Although I think it maybe a stunt, especially since it sounds like they are enjoying the comments on the video together. Balloon boy springs to mind.

DoubleClutchin on February 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Personally I would’ve made my daughter shoot her own computer…

Conservative4Ever on February 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Not sure I’d put a teenage girl behind a loaded gun, especially with hollowpoint rounds.

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Why not? They need to learn how to shoot and use a gun. I was taught at ten years old. Those lessons from 10 on served me well when I became a police officer.

I’m now retired after teaching 100′s of kids gun safety. I also brought all my Bear Scouts to the gun range. I had one parent say no to the gun safety course in 7 years of being a Cubmaster.

My son & daughter also learned gun safety and how to use a weapon around the same age. The process teaches children responsibility.

Stop being so squeamish about guns and teens. If taught well & right, it is a life lesson.

Conservative4Ever on February 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

She won’t ever forget it, that’s for sure. She’ll be telling her grandkids, when I was your age, I had to pay for the ammo that took out my laptop!

Kristamatic on February 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Come on doooooowwwwwnnnnnnnnn! We gots plenty room here in TX for y’all! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Until we build that fence along the Red River.

These days we are gettin’ more aliens comin’ from the north than the south.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

psycho.

pauljc on February 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Houston. I know you recently moved to San Antonio, where did you move from? I’ve enjoyed your posts for awhile now…..just wanted to let you know that. By the by, WELCOME HOME! A shame it took you sooooo long to get here but now that you’re here, you’ll never leave! ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

????

Raquel Pinkbullet says that went a little too far?

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Ok, you got me. The screen name originates from a wedding gift my husband gave me. He gave me pink colorized bullets, because he wanted me to go to the range with him, and learn how to use a gun for self defense.

Kind of like these here: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2010/12/ares-color-coated-cast-bullets-from-slovakia/

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Until we build that fence along the Red River.

These days we are gettin’ more aliens comin’ from the north than the south.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM

True…..true, but don’t forget how many of us have g.u.n.s. shhhhhhhhhhh, don’t tell anybody…. ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Conservative4Ever on February 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I’m pretty sure it is more about giving PO’ed girl with an attitude those hollow points.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

1. Give the snot a taste of her own social media lesson.

2. Teach the little ingrate a lesson about what it takes to pull your own weight, and what happens when you want to be the biggest liberal possible.

3. Anarchy begets anarchy, but it’s easier to get away with and WAY more satisfying when you hold all the keys to the locks, kid.

Go dad!

Wolfmoon on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Ted C seems pretty obsessed. I wonder why.

CW on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Loved it!

captn2fat on February 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Pretty dumb, IMO. Guy seems like an idiot.

therightwinger on February 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Don’t tell anybody what?

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Ted C seems pretty obsessed. I wonder why.

CW on February 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Nah, ted c’s good to go. Just sayin how he feels. No worries about him. :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

eye=ear

Bmore on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

She doesn’t actually use them, other than for her grungy sheik outfit.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Seriously now? My grungy sheik outfit?

But you’re right I never used the pink bullets my husband gave me, I’m saving them for a special occasion:)

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Ruh rooowwwww…. ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yeah … he coulda used a 9mm. Really no need to blast it with a .45.

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

A 9mm? After that rant? No, that called for a .45. If you’re blowing holes in your kid’s computer then they should be big enough to let them really know you mean business.

alchemist19 on February 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Come on doooooowwwwwnnnnnnnnn! We gots plenty room here in TX for y’all! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Thanks. I hear Texas doesn’t have much of the white stuff. And, of course, I’ll still be routing for my G-Men, but, when it all comes down to it, my one guy taught me how to use weapons :)

It’s one of the reasons I can’t get enough of that man!

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

lol … pretty cool. I wonder if my wife would appreciate some colored rounds.

darwin on February 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I love this guy.

blatantblue on February 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

U.GO.GIRL.! *sniff* *hugs* We get white stuff here in Houston about once every 10-15 years. Then it melts in 2.5 seconds. Yeah, no shoveling white stuff here! Gotta love it! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

My daughter rarely does anything wrong, but when she does we talk about it in private. She’s only 12 though. I don’t know what I’d do if she acted like this kid.

Night Owl on February 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

While it doesn’t seem like anything I would do, I am a firm believer in my options often. Parents all over are bookmarking this to show their own kids just how far adults can be pushed. Leave them wondering.

Cindy Munford on February 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Painted bullets and operating systems (gas and even blowback, don’t know about chain or electric though) don’t play well together.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Alpha Male’s Parenting Skills Chastised (Sorta) By Beta Male

Jim Treacher on February 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Night Owl on February 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Just wait my friend……just wait…… It’s an overnight transference from loving child to demon from he!!….. :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I thought the dad’s reaction (shooting the lap top and then broadcasting this video to humiliate his daughter) was an over reaction and will probably be very hurtful to the daughter. The dad could’ve accomplished his purposes by confronting her directly in private and keeping the lap top locked up for a few months.

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Cindy Munford on February 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Exactly Cindy Munford…..exactly. You are such a wise sage… ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

That was a mean thing to say. You are proof that there might be a real need for abortion.

SansJeux on February 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

alchemist19 on February 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I was thinkin’ 30, or so, rounds of 5.56 or 7.62.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

options open not often. ?????

Cindy Munford on February 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I will love it. Positive thinking.

That’s what living an honest life does. So,

You GO GIRL!

Double-time :)

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Wow….just…Wow…

No, its not the video that has me stunned…its so many of you so called conservatives. The moment a man pulls out a gun and uses it you suddenly show your squishy squishy innards. A few things need to be pointed out to a few of you. 1. The girl is 15 and has no job, therefor the did NOT pay for the laptop as she does not and has not had a job so the parents paid for it. As they paid for it it is their right to do with as they please. 2. If the girl had been using a baseball bat or a slingshot and had used it in a way that she had been warned about and punished for previously none of you would have blinked an eye if her parents had destroyed those items. Perhaps you are just wrapped up in loving those worldly goods and need to read a little more of the New Testament. 3. As punishments go this one VERY MUCH fit the crime. It was a second offense using the same tool to offend. The parents did not physically harm her (even though a good spanking is within their rights) and will manage to provide a valuable life lesson to this girl about the value of the things in her life that she does not currently realize.

This is very pointed and accurate parenting, and if you are a parent who does not have the stones to teach your children a lesson if they need it I would point out that there are many loving people looking to adopt who will act like parents rather than friends.

PS Your children do not need you to be their friend (especially at 15) they need you to show them how to be a good parent, this might mean you don’t get to be friends all the time, that was the deal when you signed up.

/rant off

airmonkey on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

U must live in Neeeeewwwwww Yooooooorrrrkkkkk City! Moron…..

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Ok that went over my head. lol

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

airmonkey on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

:):):):):):) what u said……again.

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Wow….just…Wow…

The girl is 15…New Testament(?)…stones…good parent, this might mean you don’t get to be friends all the time, that was the deal when you signed up.

/rant off

airmonkey on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Boooooring.

antisense on February 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

airmonkey on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I agree with what you said, and while I think it went too far, it didn’t bother me. The only thing I didn’t like is that he broadcasted it on you tube.

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

/rant off

airmonkey on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Your ‘rant’ may make HA archives.

I certainly hope so. Well said.

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

A bunch of slack jawed pansies around. Ted c leads the group.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Next up: new bill from the House restricting parents from shooting up their children’s laptops.

Burke on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I was thinkin’ 30, or so, rounds of 5.56 or 7.62.

cozmo on February 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

That also makes the point pretty darn well. Heck, if he had promised to make his daughter pay me back for the ammo I would have lent him my S&W 500.

alchemist19 on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

antisense on February 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You’re “moniker” says it all. ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You’re=your

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

She bitched about her parents to Facebook. Shouldn’t she understand how that feels when someone else does the same thing to you?

ReaganWasRight on February 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

If I understood correctly, the girl put her rants on private so that only herself or a few of her friends could see it, and dad got snoopy and read it while he was fixing her computer. He chose to publicize his rant.

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The guy puts his cigarette out with his fingers….

Hot dog!

katy on February 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

katy on February 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

LOL!!!!! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

antisense on February 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You’re “moniker” says it all. ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I’m a jersey taxpayer, and I approve this statement.

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

jersey taxpayer on February 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

gawd lov ya! ;)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM

AlphaNeutered Beta_Male

FIFY.

xblade on February 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM

IMHO, a bit over the top.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM

A bunch of slack jawed pansies around. Ted c leads the group.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 10, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Just because some of us disagree with how the dad handled this does not make us “slack jawed pansies.”

I didn’t choose to insult all the people in this discussion who were siding with the dad.

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

AlphaNeutered Beta_Male

But you do have to be a parent to know what it takes to parent your own specific child in a way that works.

tommy-t on February 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

No. She created groups to specifically exclude her parents and published it to about 450 people. Her dad found it because, as a joke, they had created a FB page for the family dog, and he logged in as the dog to post a funny picture of the dog. She had neglected to hide the post from the dog’s account, so her rant was there in plain sight on the dog’s FB wall.

Laura Curtis on February 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I love the armchair parenting that’s exhibited on this site from the “Dr. Spok” generation. /sarc

Durka-Durka on February 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

AlphaNeutered Beta_Male

Sooooooooo, does this mean you don’t have any kids/haven’t had the “joy” of raising kids? What r u saying alphaneuteredbetamale?

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Yes, he owns his own IT company, that is surely the sign of a backwater hick. BTW, for your denigration (look it up), and stereotyping of Southerners, F YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are the nuts leaving this blog or people going to start running them off a la Ace’s place? As for kids, those of you who haven’t had a 16 yr old with all the luxuries turn and spit in your face, don’t judge. I didn’t shoot any laptops, I sent mine to boarding school. At 23, she owns her own home, is in dental school, mother of two, and just bought her own brand new car, all in the middle of a recession. She thanks me continuously for being a harda$$ on her.

di butler on February 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I made sure my kids knew and believed to their bone marrow that if they embarrassed me I’d pay that back in spades. 15 year olds don’t have a right to privacy from their parents, and as a high school teacher who teaches mostly freshmen, I know how drama queen they can be. If you post something negative about me on FB, you will SO regret it, on any number of levels. You break the family contract, kid, I get to spill as many beans on you as I like.

Bob's Kid on February 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Laura Curtis on February 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Thank you for the clarification, but the additional information still does not, IMHO, justify how the dad dealt with the situation.

When I first heard about this video yesterday, all I heard at that point was that she set her rant to private so that only a group of her friends could see it and her dad found it while working on her computer.

The girl needs to learn to appreciate what her parents do for her, but at the same time, she is entitled to her own opinions (and express them to the world if she wishes), and her father needs to accept that.

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

di butler on February 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Yup, there’s that “your butt is a GREAT place to start a shoe store” thing! :)

sicoit on February 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If this had been Obama talking about his daughters it would have been hailed as political genius. But since it’s not Soetoro it will be called intolerant, reactiontary, etc. etc.

BHO Jonestown on February 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

“This is exploding ha-ha-hollow point rounds….”

Gratuitous destruction of perfectly fine equipment always rubs me the wro-wro-wrong way.

Sherman1864 on February 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

TigerPaw on February 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Which, if you’d paid attention, is exactly what he did the last time she pulled this. He advised her he’d up his game if she did it again. She did, he kept his word.

To the folks fleeing snow: I did several years on assignments in snowy areas. Canada, Norway, N.China, Russia, etc. When I finally transferred back to Texas I swore the only time I wanted to see snow again was on a Christmas card. Then it snowed on Christmas for the first time in Houston history LOL. It was gone quick, though.

Cowboy is a compliment on February 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM