Great news: Obama finally finds the perfect running mate

posted at 9:25 pm on February 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

A palate cleanser via Ace, whose comment thread on this begins, “The idea, and the car, might catch fire!” I dare you to find me a better match. Like Hopenchange, the Volt began as a cutting-edge venture that would carry America’s middle class boldly into the future. And like Hopenchange, the Volt ended up as a fantastically expensive boondoggle that appeals mainly to rich liberals and occasionally bursts into flame. If you think Senate Democrats are excited to ride on Obama’s coattails now — no joke, they really are! — imagine how excited they’ll be when that ride comes courtesy of the finest whisper-quiet electric motor that taxpayer money can subsidize.

Two clips for you here, one of the new ticket and the other an impressively slick spot from Team Hopenchange recounting the last five years of glory. Palin makes a cameo. Not much Volt coverage, though, oddly enough.

Comments

Great news: Obama finally finds the perfect running mate

Shocking…
Obama’s on fire.

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I will now have an excuse for the cop..
I feared for my life…

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Obama made me do it..

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Is this mic on??

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM

That Obama video is super creepy.

Roymunson on February 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Come on, guys?!

ted c on February 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Im shocked, shocked I tell you.

RAGIN CAJUN on February 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM

ugh…can’t believe i watched all of that campaign add by obama..seriously want to throw up in my mouth right now

now that volt add? that’s brilliant haha

sadsushi on February 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

the Volt … appeals mainly to rich liberals and occasionally bursts into flame

Oooh, just like some rich liberals!

stukinIL4now on February 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM

In a potential Election 2012 matchup, the president attracts 50% of the vote and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney 40% (see tracking history). This is the largest lead the president has enjoyed against Romney in regular polling going back more than a year. It’s also the first time that the president has reached the 50% level of support against Romney.

Rick Santorum now trails the president by four percentage points, 46% to 42%.

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) at least somewhat disapprove.

freshface on February 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Four times, electron. Velly good.

predator on February 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM

predator on February 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I was slacking :)

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

WHo? He found a mirror?

JAM on February 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Awesome that we’re putting O-bot campaign videos on a conservative news site. If I wanted to waste 4 minutes of my life on mindless propaganda I could have turned on the TV “news”.

Now, the Obama Volt commercial? Comedy Gold.

“It helps to have no dignity.” Priceless. Or, more accurately, price in the hundreds of billions.

mikec3 on February 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Why do I have this vision of Joe Biden with a lightening rod up his butt?

Rovin on February 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Wait..That second clip is actually an Obama commercial???
Where’s his accomplishments?

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Obama — a cult of personality. “Yes we can”.

Paul-Cincy on February 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Electrongod…..DAM!

…anyway…I want JugEars to pick Solyndra…since he should get a feminine running mate! Joe has way too many plugs, which causes his head to seep and makes testosterone emit uninhibitedly from his mouth!

KOOLAID2 on February 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

LMAO:

“…But I’ve found that the fires help me to get to my destination faster – for fear of my life…”

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Wait..That second clip is actually an Obama commercial???
Where’s his accomplishments?

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

A lot of mood music, Obama’s smiling face, flash and no substance. Good summary of the last 5 years.

Paul-Cincy on February 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Paul-Cincy on February 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM

The Sarah Palin clip threw me off. She spoke the truth and the Obama Campaign would dare to have a clip of her telling the truth about Obama?
I just don’t get it.

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Yep. I ain’t buyin it.

Selkirk on February 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

FOXNEWS: A FIST JAB, TERRORIST FIST BUMP MUMAHAMAMAMAMAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAA LOL

residentblue on February 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

There are many similarities between the two…

Both are way overpriced, were touted as being able to do far more than they can actually deliver, and represent an existential danger to the buyer.

Obama == Volt?

Mr Galt on February 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

FOXNEWS: A FIST JAB, TERRORIST FIST BUMP MUMAHAMAMAMAMAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAA LOL

residentblue on February 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Racist filth.

tom daschle concerned on February 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Obama == Volt?

Mr Galt on February 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Also add..
Both were sold as green but failed to deliver once put into service.
Cash for Clunkers???

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Mr Galt on February 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I think you already covered my addition in your quote.

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Where’s his accomplishments?

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

We don’t use such language during this month, it is considered racist

burrata on February 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Re the Obama ad. They’re going to run on this: Obama is the coolest black man around. At least that’s the vibe I got.

No Niks on February 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Is this mic on??

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Almost, my friend. Just one more and you would have had it.

John the Libertarian on February 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

No Niks on February 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Nail…head

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Btw none of the Obama 2012 bumper stickers have Biden only the old 2008′s. Anyone see this?

FLconservative on February 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

This is obviously a slap in the face of the coal industry.

MikeinPRCA on February 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

No Niks on February 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

*sung to the tune of “Theme from Shaft”

Who is the man who would risk his neck for a brother man?

Obama….Barrack Obama.

He’s one bad mother f-(shut your mouth).

Just talkin’ ’bout Obama!

(apologies to Mr. Isaac Hayes – RIP my man)

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Zweep!

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

(apologies to Mr. Isaac Hayes – RIP my man)

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Do you know something we don’t?

The Mega Independent on February 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

The Mega Independent on February 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

um…..he passed 2 summers ago……?

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Isaac Lee Hayes, Jr. (August 20, 1942 – August 10, 2008)

Damn….guess it was 3 summers ago.

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I just don’t get it.

Electrongod on February 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Notice how right after she appears there’s a clip of him brushing her comment symbolically off his shoulder. Now, it’s interesting that they picked that quote of hers (and BTW, I should mention, they didn’t even bother picking anything of McCain, they knew who the real enemy of Teh Won was/is) and didn’t pick this part of her speech (at the 7:15 minute mark where she really eviscerates him):

Listening to it at the time, when she made the comment about the “styrofoam greek colums” I felt like I literally heard the air go out of the Obama machine tires. At that moment I think if they could have wiped her off the face of the map they would have.

theotherone on February 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I read a design and engineering mag’s blog and saw a big nod from a bunch of the regulars who post there that the Volt is as good as dead… Not because of the fires, but because the price is too high for a crappy little Chevy.
They even spent a few posts ripping into the gov wasted cash per Volt sold. Many of those same people were recently defending the Volt as a great idea/hybrid… worthy of the effort. I’m wondering what news in the pipe line that those engineers might be subconsciously being influenced by.
Another point of agreement was that the Volt’s demise will be bad for the GM brand… and there was talk about the 70s (remember how bad Detroit’s cars were then? Wasn’t that the K Car time frame?) So this Volt and bailout is reminding them of that? Wow…
Tie that thought to Obama… Please…

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I just don’t get the second video. The first one was great.

DannoJyd on February 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM

RalphyBoy on February 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Another bailout on the way?

petefrt on February 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM

It begins. You cannot escape the Obama Internet ads.

hawkdriver on February 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM

On the ObamaVolt video: dayum! Nice and low-key, with just the right amount of snark.
I ain’t watchin’ the other one – there are accessible firearms nearby.

GWB on February 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM

We can turn our noses up all we want ad the Obama ad. The fact is, that’s how that SOB won the first time… by showing people how “cool” he was and he’s gonna spend big coin trying to remind them.

Jus’ sayin… the Volt ad is great but it needs to be one of a hundred of equal quality.

princetrumpet on February 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

So where are the stats on that job growth chart in the Obama video? Like so much other BS, i’m going to have to debunk that at my next dinner with my parents and sister, I think.

Midas on February 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

princetrumpet on February 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Exactly true. And with the average level of actual information possessed by the average American voter, many will come away from those kinds of vids with a happy, “yeah, why not” point of view.

Midas on February 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

“Driver’s license and registration please… you know you were driving 35 in a 25 zone…?”

“I was trying to get away from my car!”

Akzed on February 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

If you want a microcosm of OBOZO’s failed presidency and of his ridiculous approach to economic policy, look no further than the Chevy Volt. The sticker price on a Volt is $40,000, but the cars are so technologically challenged that each one is subsidized to the tune of approximately $250,000. Now that’s OBOZO-nomics in a nutshell: Brag about your car company’s $40,000 electric car, but never mention that the $40,000 price tag costs tax payers a quarter of a million dollars per car.

To any rational person, a car that travels 300 miles on gasoline and only 25 miles on electricity sounds more like a fossil fuel vehicle than an electric one. And that’s precisely why it’s the perfect microcosm of OBOZO’s presidency. It’s all show, no substance. It’s sentimental mumbo jumbo about hope and change divorced from any real way to fix economies or create jobs or stop the dollar from imploding or America going bankrupt from massive deficit spending.

TeaPartyNation on February 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Why do we mix palate cleansers with palate defilers? You come for a spot of levity but leave with a foul taste in your mouth..

CanofSand on February 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Why did they cut the TSA “government hands down your pants” scene and the “government is watching you” no-warrant drone scenes out of the Obama video??

…and they also had the jobs chart upside down…

landlines on February 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM