Ann Coulter: What they’re doing is using insurance as communism; Update: Video added

posted at 4:15 pm on February 10, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Ann Coulter’s CPAC speech was, just as you’d expect, snarky, sharp, witty and — at times — wince-worthy, but, out of her many memorable lines, one stood out to me most. In the midst of a succinct dismantling of Barack Obama’s liberty-infringing mandate that religiously-affiliated employers provide their employees with insurance coverage that covers contraception, she came out with this: “What they’re doing is using insurance as communism.”

She drew that sentence out into a larger discussion of the original purpose of insurance and warned that, if we allow government intrusion via the insurance industry to go unchecked, the government could acquire control of even the minutest details of our lives.

In the midst of all the intense discussion of the administration’s so-called contraception mandate, folks rarely point out the obvious: What disaster necessitates contraception in the first place? As simply put as possible, we pay insurance so, in the event of a disaster, we’re able to pay damages. We pay insurance so, in the event of sickness, we’re able to pay for our health care. What sickness does contraception cure?

If the administration isn’t quite implementing communism, it’s at least proving it was never slippery slope logic to say, if the Obama administration can force us to buy health insurance, they can force us to buy anything at all. Any product they want in the hands of, well, everybody, they’ll just force insurance companies to cover. You might not have to buy the product for yourself — but you’ll have to buy it for others. Obama’s best “accommodation” just makes that even clearer.

Update (AP): Eleven minutes of highlights via Mediaite, including a very compelling argument on behalf of her preferred nominee — by which, of course, I mean Chris Christie. I assume she threw that in to remind the conservatives who are angry at her for defending Romney that even she doesn’t have Mitt as her top pick.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

That will come after he is the nominee and the Democrats really lay into him. They have remained completely silent on that aspect of Romney.

sharrukin on February 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

yep. you can bank on that one.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

What’s interesting about Romney is nobody really sees him as religious even though his Mormonism is one of the few things he’s never disowned. There are a large number of Republican voters who disdain religious politicians like Santorum, hence the theocrat label. I’m curious why Romney never is accused of being too religious, I’m assuming it’s b/c he’s flip flopped on abortion and gay marriage and thus they consider that a signal he’s really a liberal on those issues. :)

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I remember when Coulter said Romney could NOT win. Only Christie could win.

Then a few months later she made up some excuse why Romney could suddenly win like: oh the polls changed or something.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

The polls are very volatile. So that is not always a good reason to tell someone NOT to run. Like Coulter did..

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Ann Coulter is always alarmist in election cycles. It’s either we vote for her candidate for the nominate, or the Democrat wins.

She probably believes what’s she is saying, but it comes across as fearmongering.

In 2008, she made a case in a column Fred Thompson was too liberal, but now she’s in the tank for ROmney and RomneyCare type of solutions to healthcare costs. There’s no logicaly consistency in a lot of the things she says.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

There’s no packaging about it. Ann Coulter is one of the most prolific conservative writers and pundits of the last decade. Who the f**k are you, aside from a classless cretin challenging people on the internet to “make you” do something?

I do believe I struck a nerve. :) Now we are talking, I can feel the hate in you – really get into it. Let the anger flow, and you too can join me on the dark side.

**Ahem**

Ribs McCoulter’s prolific and vitriolic conservative packaging has forced a stark contrast with her face-heel-turn to “equivocator-of-socalized-medicine.” Her new “branding” is viewed as treachery by the people who followed her writings – and it’s poetic and satisfying returning her own brand of quasi-personal attacks.

She made her career with the snark-sword, and now, having betrayed her audience, her career can be begin to be unmade with it. I will gladly join the dog-pile.

Ann Maher the literary equivalent of a vaudeville entertainer that spent the show attacking the cherished beliefs of her audience. I’d question the intellect of anyone who came crying when the crowd predictably responds with rotten fruit and hisses.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

That’s what makes me suspicious of her.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I scoff at how Ann says there are only two important issues this election, healthcare and immigration, and on top of that, Romney’s the best on those two issues. I think most Republican voters are voting on more than just those two issues, and most don’t think Romney the man on healthcare especially, and immigration is pretty dubious, given his past support for McCain’s amnesty plan, which she never mentions. I don’t think any Republican president will oppose this E-verify thing she’s so excited about. We don’t have to nomiante Romney for E-verify.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I kind of see it this way as well.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Amazing how few are actually commenting on the substance of this post and instead have created a typical liberal cesspool of personal attacks and character assassination. This confirms what many already know; HotAir has been overrun by Obama supporters and is quickly losing any credibility as mainstream conservative venue.

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Who the f**k are you?

Ribs McCoulter…

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

So…your answer is that you’re another random a*swipe on the internet with nothing better to do than make the most childish insults against a woman who has endorsed someone you don’t like.

Godspeed!

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Not really thrilled with her speech.

JellyToast on February 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Can you elaborate on your assertion and provide some specifics…it shouldn’t be difficult as you assert it’s a liberal cesspool.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Godspeed!

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Why do you treat Ann Couulter like she’s a china doll? There is some sexism in that.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I watched Ann’s speech. This was the most muted response I have ever seen her get at a CPAC speech. The audience is just “not into you” so to speak. I could tell she was somewhat uncomfortable at the podium.

karenhasfreedom on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Ann Romneycare Coulter’s slobbering defense of State-level socialized medicine is HIGHLY relevant to the context of anything she says down the road.

It’s like a 1,000 word Freudian slip. And it will justifiably be used to frame everything she says or writes from here on out.

As to the logical fallacy you are subscribing to, I would think that Obama supporters would be standing in solidarity with their newest ally in defending State Run Medicine and Mandates – Blondie McSnarkypants.

Certainly they’d not be angry with, or attacking her.

You have a very strange notion of logic.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I long for the days when I used to visit comment sites like this and argue with liberals…instead of with fellow conservatives.

Ah well.

RightWay79 on February 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Ann Coulter is very opinionated and she wants to maximize the attnetion she receives, yet people are criticized for paying attention to her, the thing she and every other pundit wants, and respnding to the things she says. If you become a political pundit with the idea that everybody is always going to agree with you and like what you have to say even when you basically flipping off your own audience, you probably need to switch careers.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hi. I guess people are baffled by her recent opinions.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Ah well.

RightWay79 on February 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

If you are supporting Romney, are you all that conservative? I tend to think not.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Are you the new arbiter of conservatism?

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

they lie said:

Until we start doing something besides talk, I will keep hammering away at the Pub. party and my fellow conservatives. The Pub. party ignores us. The Democtatic party thinks we are scum, and we can only talk and no one listens.

Have you become a Republican Party precinct committeeman where you live? Half the slots, on average, are vacant in every locale. One-third of the precincts in American have not even one Republican precinct committeeman.

If we can get conservatives to fill up all the vacant precinct committeeman slots inside the Party, we can eventually elect conservatives to all the local, county, state and national committees. It works. We’re doing it all over Arizona.

Go to my blog at Redstate to learn more: http://www.redstate.com/coldwarrior Read some of the articles, follow the links.

Thank you. I hope you’ll become a PC if you aren’t one already.

Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Another strawman.

Perhaps I should de-elevate the level of my discourse to better cater to you, as it seems, in my opinion, that it’s current strata is too difficult for you to logically and properly rebut – and as a result, you are forced to create an imaginary person, espousing an imaginary position, to argue with.

Do you like arguing with imaginary people, making imaginary arguments? Your love of strawmen certainly is fascinating.

Or is it a reading comprehension problem? Are you simply not able to process and read what I type? If that’s the case, then, my wife works in the special education field, and I can happily ask her to provide me a list of professionals in your area that can assist in re-mediating your disability.

I am above all, a helper, as you well know.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Obama’s mockish.

The Nerve on February 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Are you the new arbiter of conservatism?

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Why not? YoU Romney supporters thinkn Romney defines it. I say he doesn’t. I’d be right.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

If the administration isn’t quite implementing communism.

That’s generous. Of course it isn’t remotely communism at all and that should be obvious to anyone.

Coulter is the conservative Bill Maher. It’s entertainment dressed as serious political philosophy but the point is that she and others like her aren’t serious, and never run for office themselves.

lexhamfox on February 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM

In my view, Romney would make the ideal Democrat candidate. He’s smarter than Obama and does have some experience but doesn’t come across as nutty MSNBC liberal….he’s an Evan Bayh type of Democrat. He’s got the record to back it up. He wouldn’t have to flip flop and doublespeak all day to make a case for himself. He’d be happier too.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I wouldn’t compare Ann Coulter to Bill Maher. He says a lot of horrible things. Ann Coulter is just not always logically consistent.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I am out for the night. (Just got home and get to spend time with my wonderful little family).

But… just wanted to say that I’ve given up being angry when people say I am not conservative because I have chosen to back Romney during the Primary process (just as I did in 2008 after Fred Thompson ran a crappy campaign and dropped out).

Now I just sigh and (again) long for the days when we conservatives will stop fighting each other and focus on punching hippies and dominating liberals. :-)

Coulter has been wrong to denigrate other Conservatives. But, she is still entertaining (and right for about 75% of the time).

In closing, I just hope all of us conservatives can come together and fight our actual enemies once this Primary process is over.

RightWay79 on February 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I have never said Romney defines conservatism, but I will maintain in the general election he offers the best chance of unseating Obama. Sadly many on this site have stated they would rather vote for Obama than Romney which is absolutely preposterous, unless that was their intent all along.

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Polls show Santorum can compete with Obama just as much as Romney will, and I think most conservatives see him as much more conservative than Romney. We do have a choice in this primary…it doesn’t have to be Romney, despite our pundits and our political consultants telling us from day 1 it has to be ROmney.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

This election is largely going to be a referendum on Obama, so why nominate the most liberal Republican candidate in our party’s history in Romney? Put Santorum on the ballot and we won’t have to worry about him being a Democrat pushover like Romney most likely will be. Obama has to run on his record in this poor economy, and he’s likely to lose to anybody we put up, despite what you want to believe. Santorum can appeal to white lower middle class Democrats not happy with a lot of Obama’s agenda. The way he does that is partly with the social issues that so many moderates want us to throw away.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Choice is a great thing; hopefully the candidate that will beat Obama is afforded that opportunity!

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Back to the salt mines………….ciao.

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

A lot of Romney supporters don’t seem to think Romney has to earn it, like every other political candidate does. It’s not supposed to be a coronation process for Romney. He’s big on criticizing his opponents, often unfairly, so I don’t understand his supporters flip a wig when people criticize him fairly on an internet comment board.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I don’t think Fred Thompson ran a crappy campaign. He just got in later than the other candidates and voters held that against him, and I thought that was kindn of stupid, considering how early these politicians start running for president these days.

A crappy campaign was Rick Perry. Not Fred Thompson.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Communism at the state level is fine by me! – Coulter

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Perfect.

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Communism at the state level is fine by me! – Coulter

lorien1973 on February 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Back in the day, people used to support slavery with the states right argument. Big government at any level is big government, and not conservative. Ann Coulter is flailing away for a good excuse for RomneyCare and that’s the worse one of them all.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I am above all, a helper, as you well know.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Sorry to butt in but, well, it’s become obvious that you don’t know what the term “attacking a strawman” means – even though you’ve used it more than a few times in this thread. In fact, you use it every chance you can get.

You like that term don’t you? That’s okay if you do but, well, here – let me help you:

A “straw man” is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent’s position. (Wikipedia)

Inferring that you’re a random as*wipe making childish insults against a woman you disagree with is not an informal fallacy based on a misrepresentation of your position – - it’s either:

A. A fact

or

B. An opinion

It could even be both.

Hope that helps because, like you, I’m a helper too!

Rod on February 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Hope that helps because, like you, I’m a helper too!

Rod on February 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

You’re not only a helper, but a successful one, as well!

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

…..she took my lifetime crush, and kicked it in the crotch.

(sigh)

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM

You’d think Ann Coulter has conducted herself with class in this election cycle. She hasn’t it. A lot of the criticism of her has to do with her conduct and her insults aimed at conservatives. We are not stupid or liberal if we don’t support Romney. SHe’s made both assertions.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Ann Coulter is to the 2012 election cyle what Kathleen Parker and Peggy Noonan were to the 2008 election cycle. Annoying as hell.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Ah well.

RightWay79 on February 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

If memory serves me we were almost as snippy in the 2008 election too. It’ll pass. I think 3 years of Obama just made everyone crankier this time around.

BakerAllie on February 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Annoying as hell.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

56 comments out of 244, and clearly you aren’t done yet.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I never seen a political website where most of the commentators were not arguing with each other. Conservatives argue all the time. There’s nothing wrong with that. We are not clones of each other.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

56 comments out of 244, and clearly you aren’t done yet.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I think it’s kind of sad you are counting the number of my posts but I’ve counted yours in response to this in the past and you ended up with a total post count higher than mine.

I understand you don’t like me b/c I have criticized your Santorum is a statist and/or theocrat nonsense. Plus I don’t think you are that bright in general.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

RACIST!!!!!

Tim_CA on February 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Mad MadCon got selected to post on the Green Room b/c he was posting on the comments board a lot. He still does post on here a lot but for some reason other peopple have to post less frequently than he does.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I dont’ think I am anything like Ann Coulter. I wouldn’t modifiy my political beliefs to match those of a Republican candidate that I want to win the nomination.

IF I was out for attention, my screenname would hyperlink to my own little website. I enjoy talking politics and having little debates with people. I’m not trying to build a career here as a blogger or political pundit.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I always looked forward to her comments, and lately…I’m uncomfortable with her!

KOOLAID2 on February 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Inferring that you’re a random as*wipe making childish insults against a woman you disagree with is not an informal fallacy based on a misrepresentation of your position – – it’s either:

A. A fact

or

B. An opinion

It could even be both.

Hope that helps because, like you, I’m a helper too!

You are also misrepresenting my position, and thus creating a strawman. Nicely done.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

You’re not only a helper, but a successful one making the exact same logical mistake, as well!

Happily fixed ;D

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:01 PM

56 comments out of 244, and clearly you aren’t done yet.

And, given his position, I could easily and happily stand to listen to another 200 of them.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Self-parody complete. Congratulations.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Look at the positive side – At least MCC hasn’t devolved to grammar-Nazi mode… that’s just the lowest of the low. People attacking post counts are about the equivalent of furries, but the grammar-Nazi… now that is the forum equivalent of a Vore aficionado.

Don’t google it. Trust me, you’ll be happier not knowing.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quelle surprise. Don’t worry…he won’t disappoint.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Self-parody complete. Congratulations.

I don’t think “parody” means what you think it does. Unless your post was in reference to yourself, in which case, I will say… no, not quite yet.

But getting closer.

:D

/WTB Emoticons.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quelle surprise. Don’t worry…he won’t disappoint.

You say it as though it is a bad thing…

;)

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I don’t think “parody” means what you think it does.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Self-parody enhanced. Seriously, I’m impressed. I’m at the point where I truly believe this is intentional, and you’re actually a brilliant comedic writer.

On the other hand, if you’re truly this oblivious…LOL.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I’ve noticed MadCon doesn’t post a lot on the Green Room. Probably bc he spends all his time here attacking commentators and b/c nobody reads his posts on the Green Room.

I could churn out something better for the Green Room than MadCon does. It wouldn’t be cut and paste from Red State.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

MadCon has already proclaimed he’s not voting in the general election. He’s a non-participant in elections but he acts like he’s the big dog on this website.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

In Ann Romneycare’s defense, I’d have a difficult time speaking if forced to do so in an auditorium filled with angry people I had back-stabbed only a few days prior. I can only imagine how hard it was to speak with all the icy, furious glares emanating from the audience, and only a few Willard Fillmoure Romneycare supporters meandering around the audience to offer muted support.

Yup, has to be tough!

Oh well, if you are going to present yourself as a rabid conservative firebrand, and then suddenly out of the blue, start rabidly defending state-run healthcare, don’t be too surprised when the onlookers start throwing tomatoes.

They start to think you never shared their values in the first place, and were only interested in fleecing them of money.

Hrm… now that I write that… I wonder if that explains….

/ponder

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

On the other hand, if you’re truly this oblivious…LOL.

Use your feelings Luke.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

What they’re doing is using insurance as communism

Does that make Rommie a Commie?

And does that make Annie love a Commie?

ChuckTX on February 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I said no such thing.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Oh but you most certainly did imply it.

SWalker on February 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

So you hear unspoken words? Who are you? Maureen Dowd?

Gelsomina on February 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Does that make Rommie a Commie?

And does that make Annie love a Commie?

No it makes him a quisling.

It makes Skin’Bones Coulter one of the following:

- an ideological mercenary prostitute
- deliberately trying to destroy her career
- hoping to move on to an editorial page for the Chicago Sun Times
- tragically (for her career) inconsistent

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Addendum: Now that I ponder it, my bullet points are not necessarily all mutually exclusive.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I don’t go over to red state because Erickson is a fool/tool..

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I suppose we could call it ComneyCare. Like CommieCare.

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I don’t go over to red state because Erickson is a fool/tool..

SparkPlug on February 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Neither do I, actually. I made it a point to avoid that site ever since they started banning people who criticized Giuliani in 2007.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

She’s in a very sad, sad, sad place – and it’s ashame to see her come to this. But … I believe it’s lack of a love life that is her main problem. She has no big burly man to hold on to at night and talk to … among other things that are therapeutic.

HondaV65 on February 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yeah, if she’d had more sex she would have endorsed “1 … 2 … oops” Perry, your intellectual role model.

Gelsomina on February 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I am simply going to point out that you have said you plan to vote for Obama, and yet you’re criticizing Ann Coulter hell for endorsing Mitt Romney.

MadisonConservative on February 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

And me – I’ve said I will vote Obama if the GOP establishment gives us a dullard like Willard. And damn sure I will.

However, Santorum IS NOT establishment – NEWT – IS NOT establishment. I’ll vote for those guys if they get the nomination.

I highly doubt they will though.

HondaV65 on February 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

So you DO plan to vote for Obama.

Gelsomina on February 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM

No, they hate her as much as you do and talk about her in the same misogynistic way. No difference between you and the average hateful liberal commenter.

Gelsomina on February 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

To be accurate, Coulter probably dumps on women more than any Coulter critic does. She often says they are emotional voters and to blame for the rise of liberalism, but I think we’ve seen a lot of emotionality from Coulter in this election cycle, especially in the way she’s handled criticism of her shilling for Romney. There’s no reason for her to insult people for not voting for Romney. She’s not the queen of conservatism and we don’t have to dance for her.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Why would anyone ever want to be a conservative pundit? MSM hates you. Uninformed Americans buy into MSM without question so that people prefer Rosie-fire-can’t-melt-steel-O’Donnel out of pure media willpower. On top of that, there is no such thing as a loyal fan.

I know libs turn on their own too, but at least their side gets media love.

Esthier on February 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I would argue Coulter turned on her fans and conservatism when she went all in for Romney and RomneyCare. No conservative is going to stay “loyal” who argues RomneyCare is actually conservative. She’s become a hack for Romney…I’m skepitcal she even believes her own column on RomneyCare.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM

One of her reasons for why Romney is so awesome is he’s ostensibly a great family man, but can’t we say the same about Santorum? She says Romney is square and that’s a good reason to support him, but can’t we say Santy is a square too? She acts like Romney is a great debater but the reality he’s medicore at best and Santorum is the better debater b/c he is more logically consistent.

Santorum isn’t Gingrich, she can’t go after Santorum on personal stuff like she did Gingrich, so she just ignores Santorum is in the race despite his winning 4 states now.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Coulter is far from being the only person I was referencing. I really meant all of them except for those who call themselves conservative just so they can get booked on shows as the conservative who attacks other conservatives.

Esthier on February 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Amazing how Ann Coulter was a rock star and a beauty until she dared deviate from blog orthodoxy. Now so-called conservatives are giving the huffpo set a run for their money on dickishness.

almosthandsome on February 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

but the grammar-Nazi… now that is the forum equivalent of a Vore aficionado.

SilverDeth on February 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

You spelled aficionado correctly.

Kudos.

profitsbeard on February 11, 2012 at 12:02 AM

What they’re Romney doing did is using use insurance as communism.”

FIFY

Y314K on February 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

almosthandsome on February 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Ann Coulter ought to be Huff Po’s healthcare policy expert. She has Three Cheers for Government Run Healthcare!!!!!

Dr. Tesla on February 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Amazing how Ann Coulter was a rock star and a beauty until she dared deviate from blog orthodoxyconservatism.
almosthandsome on February 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Edited for truthfulness.

Kent18 on February 11, 2012 at 5:07 AM

…if the Obama administration can force us to buy health insurance, they can force us to buy anything at all.

Exactly.

But what has me even more concerned is the relatively sanguine reaction this is provoking.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult these days to not just throw your hands up and declare “It’s over”. In an earlier time there would have been massive protests in every major city in the US.

This has gone on far too long and has reached the point where it’s looking like organized civil disobedience is the only solution but there’s quite obviously no stomach for that any more. I guess too many of us actually think the next election’s gonna change things.

Cleombrotus on February 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Cleombrotus on February 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM

It is increasingly difficult to get a rise out of anyone outside of the Internet. In my uber-conservative days I actually looked to join a militia in case of another terrorist attack, like one where they got smart and went after our electrical grid. I couldn’t find one. The closest I came was an dusty old website.

MelonCollie on February 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM

dmann on February 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

People keep using this “electable” argument regarding Romney, yet none of you can give me an actual REASON why he’s electable.

Spliff Menendez on February 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

almosthandsome on February 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

She has lost much of her intellectual credibility because of her constant flip-flopping from week to week and year to year. It’s just gotten very, very bad lately.

Spliff Menendez on February 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Per the question from the audience re: women and conservatism — YES, it was the American feminist movement that set back women, not conservative policies.

I challenge any troll lurking here to come up with one conservative policy that was misogynistic.

the_souse on February 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Ahahahahahaha.

Spit coffee there sir. You pull the sexism card on me, and then tell me that I am acting like a liberal.

Ann McRomneycare is a big girl, she can dish with the meanest of them, she can take it. I treat her the way I treat anyone else – and that means I am treating her FAIRLY. A review of all my postings will back that up. I have nicknamed and jeered at every single person running in this primary at one point or another – because let’s face it – they have all screwed up at some point. Every last one of them.

So no, sexist card revoked.

PS: I am still snickering that you’d whip out a face card from the liberal “victim” deck, and then tell me I am acting like one.

Classic. Bwhahahahaha Thanks for the laugh as I finish up brunch.

SilverDeth on February 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Coulter is of course right about the commies in Congress and the White House but why is she supporting Romney? Sometimes I think Annie has be co-opted by the establishment Republicans.

Axion on February 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

IMHO – because to the average American – Catholics are well known, more populous – and have a deeper seated “history” to mainstream America and American success. It’s not a knock on Mormonism, which I have no problem with – but with Big Love and Sister Wives type of programs and information out there – their is a perception not akin to the American mores and norms.

He knows that and stays away from it. In the same way Obama stayed away from his true Black Liberation Theory religion and suckered people into thinking he is a “common Christian”.

I am not comparing the religous tenants of Mormonism and BLT – but the perception and acceptance within America’s psyche.

Odie1941 on February 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

SilverDeth on February 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

You could attack her ideas and opinions. That’s what conservatives do. Instead, you attack her gender and appearance. That’s what slime does, conservative or liberal.

MadisonConservative on February 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I couldn’t care less about this stupid moron’s speech -she has NO CREDIBILITY -PERIOD.

I won’t waste my time listening to anything she writes or says, EVER.

Just another irrelevent hack.

Why does Hot Air even bother to acknowledge her existence?

GuitarMark on February 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I won’t waste my time listening to anything she writes or says, EVER.

Just another irrelevent hack.

Why does Hot Air even bother to acknowledge her existence?

GuitarMark on February 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

+1, but said a little more nicely. ;)
She threw what conservative creds she may have had out the window – her opinion ranks right up there with Donald trump, or Nancy Pelosi.

WhaleBellied on February 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

What I find most amazing about this primary is the anger and shock that conservatives would not be wild about Romney as they got to know more about him.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I don’t think Ann Coulter comes out for big government healthcare if Romney wasn’t her candidate.

That may not make her a whore, but that does make her something.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

. . .
There’s no logicaly consistency in a lot of the things she says.

Dr. Tesla on February 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM