Quotes of the day

posted at 11:00 pm on February 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

“After the returns came in, I asked Santorum spokesman Hogan Gidley what he thought about Rich Beeson’s message. Sure, Santorum did well on Tuesday, but doesn’t Romney have the money and infrastructure to outdistance Santorum, and everyone else, in the long run?

“‘What an inspiring message,’ Gidley said sarcastically. ‘That is really inspiring. I can’t wait to put a bumper sticker on my truck that says MONEY-INFRASTRUCTURE 2012.’

“‘No one had more money and infrastructure than Hillary Clinton, and hope and change wiped her off the map,’ Gidley continued. ‘We’ll have money, and we’ll have infrastructure, but our nominee has to have a message that people can get behind and inspires people.’”

***

“The Rick Santorum boomlet presents an interesting conundrum for Mitt Romney: It neutralizes the section of the GOP establishment otherwise known as the conservative commentriat.

“While the center-right media intelligentsia were more than happy to help destroy the ‘unserious’ candidates such as Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich (and others), they generally like Santorum. There are likely many reasons for this…

“At a time when Catholics (arguably the swing vote in America) are coming under fire by the White House, Santorum’s intelligence, faith, and ability to communicate effectively seem to be especially appealing attributes. My guess is these factors have converged to make Santorum just as appealing to conservative intellectuals as he is to blue collar ‘rust belt’ workers.

“Romney must tread lightly when attacking Santorum. And he won’t be able to count on the help of his willing accomplices in the conservative media this time around.”

***

“It’s also worth thinking about the psychology behind last night’s vote. The turnout for Romney was pathetic, with particularly embarrassing results in Colorado and Minnesota, states where he prevailed over John McCain in 2008. But there’s a reason Romney would have won those states then and lost them now. In 2008, as in 2012, you had a frontrunner who, though he may face lingering opposition within the party, has achieved a strategic position of overwhelming superiority. People willing to accept Romney as the nominee didn’t have much incentive to turn out and vote on Tuesday; they understand that he’s basically a lock. The same held for McCain in 2008.

“The people with a greater incentive to vote on Tuesday were those with a high preference intensity, probably based around issues like abortion, or an extreme distaste for Romney. That vote was surely easier to capture, and Santorum did it. Sure, at some point, if a front runner looks strong enough, you’d expect holdouts to give up. But in this case, you’ve got a front runner who is an unusually bad fit for his party’s base, which keeps kicking at his shins. To put it another way: I’m not sure that Tuesday night told us anything we didn’t already know, either about Romney or the party.”

***

“The most generous interpretation of Tuesday night’s results is that Mr. Romney’s campaign failed to make much of an effort in the contests. He did not make many personal appearances in the states, nor did he run a significant amount of advertising. And his campaign worked to diminish expectations in the day or two before the voting — a practice that can annoy voters who are undecided in the race if they feel like they are being told their vote doesn’t matter.

“Why Mr. Romney’s campaign made these decisions is hard to say. One of the advantages of having a resource-rich campaign, as Mr. Romney does, is precisely that you are able to leave less to chance. Mr. Romney would have had the luxury of running commercials in Colorado or Minnesota, or of establishing a set of field offices in those states. Instead, his strategy was complacent. He gambled and paid the price, as Hillary Rodham Clinton did in the caucus states in 2008.

“Fortunately for Mr. Romney, none of his rivals are in the same ballpark as Mrs. Clinton’s opponent, Barack Obama, as measured by metrics like fundraising, organizational strength, or oratorical skill. But Mr. Romney is not a strong enough candidate that he can afford more nights as bad as Tuesday.”

***

“Romney has more money, more national experience, more consultants, more staff. Heck, he even has better hair. His super PAC outspent Santorum’s by a 40-to-1 margin. Forty to one. And yet Mitt Romney lost. He lost to a guy who lost his home state by 18 points the last time he was on the ballot there. There’s a technical term in political consulting for a performance like that: it’s called sucking. If Romney can’t beat Rick Santorum, he needs to find another party to run in.”

***

“‘In this race, I’m the only guy that hasn’t spent time in Washington,’ he told reporters on an airport tarmac in Atlanta. ‘And Senator Santorum and Speaker Gingrich, they are the very Republicans who acted like Democrats. And when Republicans act like Democrats, they lose.’”

***

***

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Is Peyton Manning gone from the Colts??..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM

They would be stupid to cast him out. He is an amazing talent. But Rick Santorum? Good for him, but I don’t think he has what it takes to beat Teh One.

I am calling Elvis.

John the Libertarian on February 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

That’s amazing. The fact that Santorum won in St. Louis is hard to believe. Funny how things can change overnight too.

bluefox on February 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Yes it is funny. But not for poor csdeven who lies in grammy’s basement with an exploded head. Last seen boasting that Mittness numbers must necessarily go up from 25 to 30 to over 50% and beyond. As it was fond of reminding all that palin’s negative approval was 63%, yet ignores the fact that within the gop, Mittness negatives averaged 53% and positives averaged 25%. Here’s a tip, you can’t get to the general if 53% won’t vote for you in the primaries, Electability be damned. The only way the vaunted Indies can grip are in the open primaries.

Anyhoo, we’ll get a better sense of trending after super Tuesday, but I don’t think Mittness is going to like it. The elites sold us a big cow pattie as invincible, but he is vulnerable as all get out both in primaries and the general.

Bwahaha.

AH_C on February 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Excellent Post.

SparkPlug on February 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I can honor that request..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

John the Libertarian on February 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I hear you..Count me in..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Footnote: very tired of hearing/reading Limbaugh’s (and Levin’s, thought I’m throwing that name in here) rants about this, that and the kitchen sink to denigrate Romney. I think they’re both nuts at this rate (though I certainly haven’t always, this conclusion by me at this time is based upon both of their recent excesses).

It’s beautiful to watch those two paint Willard Fillmoure Romneycare for EXACTLY what he is – a filthy, no good, gun grabbing, socialized healthcare loving, liberal judge appointing, abortion supporting, big spending, global warming alarmist.

Don’t shed tears over people justifiably stuffing Ken-Doll’s record up his Democrat A&^. If he wanted to run as a conservative, he should not have been standing on the stage engaging in heavy petting with Ted “Slip’n'Dip” Kennedy after he doomed his state, and set the stage to doom the entire damn nation.

Romney is a DEMOCRAT.
Full.
STOP.

Willard Fillmoure should go try to primary Obama – Ken Doll’s record has a HELL of alot more in common with BARRY HUSSEIN’s liberals than it doe with those of us who are not east-coast citified zombies or Mormons.

We are CONSERVATIVES, not REPUBLICANS, and the establishment better wise up to that fact, or we will take our ball, go home, and start a new party – we did it in the 1850′s when the RePubic’s predecessors decided to take the wrong stance on the greatest issue of the era. The conservatives, sick of the entrenched politics, stupid gutless compromise positions, and mushy, entrenched political hacks, gutted the Whigs like a a trout, and you’ll have nothing but the Cry-baby Speaker of the house, whining and gnashing his like Lewis D. Campbell:

“We are slain. The party is dead—dead—dead!”

We’ll do it again, consequences be DAMNED.

I’d also like to point out, that in the process of this crack up, the democrats had free reign for years, and started the civil war.

Decide what you want RINOS.

There is a line in the sand.

You’ve had your fun, your decades of mush slimeball democrat-lite candidates – your Crappy Ford’s, your of crappy Bush’s, your crappy Dole’s, and your TERRIBAD McWeenie’s.

Guess what?

You’ve stuffed crap-sandwich east-coast democrats down the base’s throats so many times that your “YOU MUST VOTE THE LESSER EVIL” line has lost all potency.

These mushes are a slow death. This is their only advertising point? This is all they have to offer? They wonder why voter turn-out is depressed?

The establishment talking heads sit there, befuddled, perplexed scratching their erudite little noggins, wondering why, the plebes are getting all “uppity” when their campaign slogan is the equivalent of:

“Vote for us! Our opponents have anti-biotic-resistant-flesh-eating staph! We only have Aids!!!”

And they wonder why their base looks at them, closes their pocket books, stays home, and flips them the bird?

Really?

Fascinating.

Folks…

…You need a HELL of alot of expensive education at the finest schools and universities
to.
be.
THIS.
GODD&^%$D.
STUPID.

SilverDeth on February 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

FINALLY!
There is now no way anyone can escape the FACT that RonMe is so much like the 0bama Regime that he was AGAIN FIRST to attack the foundations of religion by verbally supporting a MANDATE forcing Catholic institutions to not only provide biorth control, but ABORTIONS ON DEMAND!

Does this mean that those that continue to support RonMe are anti-christian? Could be, but it also could be attributed to the nature of some humans to act like lemmings.

Santorum still has to earn my vote, but at least he isn’t 0bama-RonMe.

DannoJyd on February 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I can honor that request..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

;-) Thanks!

This is one of my favs of him singing a song best known by another musical great.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Electability be damned.
AH_C on February 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Yeah, because you don’t need to get our guy elected in order to defeat Obama… Oh wait…

V7_Sport on February 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM

SilverDeth on February 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

wow that sounds fantastic.

got anyone in mind that fits the bill?

only people I see claiming to be that which you seek can at best be described as hypocrites and morons.

Are you asking the hypocrites to shape up and/or the morons to smarten up?

Or, do you see a shining beacon of hope out there being obfuscated by dark forces?

freshface on February 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM

John the Libertarian on February 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

As I have said before..I hope we do not get Rick Rolled..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

“got anyone in mind that fits the bill?”

“None of the above” is looking better and better by the day.

SilverDeth on February 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

That is a very good tune by Elvis..But My Mother and Aunts It is between Burning Love and this one..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Mitt the Mandate is a Democrat.

Pragmatic on February 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Mitt lost by a landslide last night. It has been fun to see the Mittheads try to spin the shellacking Mitt recieved today proving once again they are clueless

unseen on February 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM

But My Mother and Aunts It is between Burning Love and this one..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Yeah, that’s another great one. I’ve been married 30 yrs. This is the only song I’ve ever heard my husband sing out loud. Once. 30 yrs ago. LOL

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

As I have said before..I hope we do not get Rick Rolled..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

..jeeeee-zus! This site scared the crap out of me! Punched up audio and auto start in a dark, dreary basement (my mom’s trying to sleep upstairs) really rocks the foundations. Anyway, I thought you were serious; this thing looks loopier that ATTTTTACCCCCCK WAAAATTTCHHH!

On another note — and this is meant sincerely — I hope if (IF!) Romney makes a comeback that folks here don’t get all suicidal and stuff.

;-)

The War Planner on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

As I have said before..I hope we do not get Rick Rolled..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I clicked, knowing what it was going to be. :-)

Funny thing, if I don’t have to watch the video, I kind of like that song.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM

this thing looks loopier that ATTTTTACCCCCCK WAAAATTTCHHH!

The War Planner on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Speaking of, they’ve been going after Romney hot and heavy on Twitter.

Think Axelrod may be just a tad bit nervous? LOL

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:49 AM

;-)

The War Planner on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

e too.BTW has anyone checked in on petunia? Her silence is deafening.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM

BTW has anyone checked in on petunia? Her silence is deafening.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I think I saw her on the Open Thread last night. I don’t know about you, but I kind of prefer her wilted state.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Did you ever get my message about checking in on your Mom in law?
I’m just down the road on 38th.
You can also tell me to MYOB. could be the local axe murderer ya know.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Did you ever get my message about checking in on your Mom in law?
I’m just down the road on 38th.
You can also tell me to MYOB. could be the local axe murderer ya know.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Yes, I did, thank you. I apologize for not getting back to you. My husband’s sister lives with her so she’s covered on that front. Now, if we can just get her car keys away from her, but she hides them, literally. Good thing she doesn’t have a memory like mine. lol

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM

The War Planner on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

LOLZ..I see you get it..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Rick Astley has a great voice..The song is not bad..:)

PS..The blonde models in the video aren’t bad looking either..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 3:21 AM

The War Planner on February 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Romney is still a force in this primary..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Glad to hear about your sister.
As long as she’s not running over nuns, let her drive.
How bad can she be? At last she can find the keys and then hide them. I just did a ten minute search for mine. Oh, and forgot to lock the door again.
I can tell you the exact address and phone number for where I lived in 1956.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM

As long as she’s not running over nuns, let her drive.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I’ll tell her to stay away from the area of St. Clement’s.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I’ll tell her to stay away from the area of St. Clement’s.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 3:33 AM

No more. The It’s now a charter school.
Just ask her not toram any 1990 white Caddys.
My cousin had the perfect description. She called us Q-Tips.
All you see is a white head inches above the steering wheel.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:41 AM

My cousin had the perfect description. She called us Q-Tips.
All you see is a white head inches above the steering wheel.

katy the mean old lady on February 9, 2012 at 3:41 AM

With the obligatory seat belt hanging out of the bottom of the door, creating sparks as it scrapes the pavement.

Oh yes, I remember them well. LOL

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Mitt will wear the Wolverine mascot head for most of his shows in Michigan execpt in Lansing. Which is Mich state territory.

(Lee Corso)style He will put on a Spartan helm. And if he gets near dearborn, he will wear a Keffiyeh.

Obama takes pointers off of Romney’s act. Rahmney will toast republicans. Romneycare explains it all.

Gedge on February 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Romney is still a force in this primary..:)

Dire Straits on February 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM

A force? Nope. Romney is THE FORCE. Santo had a good day. Good for him. Mitt is the only candidate in the race. Enjoy the show even if you know how it ends.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Enjoy the show even if you know how it ends.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Morning Brutus, and thanks for the advice but I think I’ll pass. I’m not really into reruns.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Good Morning!

another day

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Howdy.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hey there-
looks like i missed a few things last night….

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM

another day

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Another day closer to removing the interloper in the oval office.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Sweet…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Hey there-
looks like i missed a few things last night….

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Been real quiet for a few hours.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:51 AM

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Wonder if Mika’s head will explode?

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Good morning OC. How’s the weather out your way?

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM

yepper

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM

possibly, with the way she keeps defending dear leader

oh how sweet it will be to watch MJ the day after the elections in Nov

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM

The Boss Emeritus just tweeted that she will be on Fox & Friends at 7a.m.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Mornin’ Flora. Cold but clear. Have a funeral this morning…

Archbishop Robert Duncan of the Anglican Church in North America released a short statement. It is posted here.

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Heh…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM

good to know…this is just not a catholic issue..

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Wow! When you’ve lost Politico’s Jim VandeHei…

Even if it is probably temporary.

The political transformation of Barack Obama

There are two indisputable facts about politics.

The first is that every modern president in the fourth year of his presidency resorts to the cheap political stunts, broken promises and truth-fudging it takes to win reelection in what has been and will be a 50-50 nation. The reason is simple: Politics is not clean-living; it’s survival.

The second is that Barack Obama, for all his talk of moving beyond conventional political tricks, is doing just that, which wouldn’t be so glaring had it not been for his incessant call for a newer, cleaner and more transparent paradigm for American politics.

So much for the high road: Victory is more important than purity.

Read more:

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:06 AM

So I’m watching Santo speak and the man is talking about Guillotines. Guillotines!

I think that we can all agree that PBHO’s contraception edict is an assault on the 1st Amendment freedom of religion. But Guillotines? Is that where we’re going? Is that his pitch? And is that what’s going to defeat PBHO? Talking about religion and social issues and the French Revolution? I can’t take the man seriously.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM

yepper, i saw your linky from yesterday…very happy to have seen that…I hoping we hear something from our pastor this sunday

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:06 AM

hello, the dnc website losing faith?

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:10 AM

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Don’t be disappointed if you don’t. Our Lutheran clergy are usually reluctant to take a political stance from the pulpit, a right/left kingdom issue…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Have a funeral this morning…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I’m sorry to hear that.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM

An admirable practice. I applaud your church :-)

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:14 AM

mika defending dear leader til the bitter end on the hhs issue

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:15 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM

gotcha

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM

A fellow volunteer at the charity thrift shop dropped dead of a heart attack on Sunday. She was only 79, and her son and dil are members of my church…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

very sorry

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

mika defending dear leader til the bitter end on the hhs issue

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:15 AM

But wasn’t it just Tuesday she was against it?

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I was glad he issued that statement. It was a great birthday gift…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:20 AM

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

It is always such a shock when someone passes so unexpectedly like that.

My b-i-l, who was a deacon at his church, went the same way, during a Sunday service. I know he wouldn’t have wanted it to be any other place.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM

When PBHO tells us that his Jesus wants to steal from the rich to give to the poor or that his Jesus wants churches to offer contraception, what is that but legislating his religion? What is that but violating the separation between church and state?

So I ask, since PBHO is wrong, how can Santo justify legislating his religion? Is the difference simply that more on the right agree with Santo’s Jesus than Obama’s? It’s no less of an infringement on religious liberty. That’s why our founders constructed our 1st Amendment and it’s about time that we all came to the realization that the only way to keep government out of religion is to keep religion out of government!

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I still cannot believe she is gone, she was so full of energy and life…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

yes, she was on the other side defending it from al sharpton…

talk about a major flip flop

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM

morningjoe thinks folks won’t care that dear leader flip flopped on the super pac issue and that they didn’t care when he flip flopped on public finance in 08…

hello?

and we’ve been hearing from the lsm that the candidates are not allowed to work with the superpacs but they think its all hunky dory that WH officials will be working with this particular super pac??

bloody infuriating the blatant double standard in play…

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Valuing the sanctity of life transcends denominations. It’s tells others all they need to know about your personal system of values and ethics. The morning-after pill is an abortive procedure.

Our Constitution…you know the one Obama swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend? calls for Freedom of Religion, not Freedom from Religion.

The most divisive President in U.S. History is waaay out of bounds with this.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I just sent him a tweet with the link to Jim VandeHei’s article. lol

btw, if anyone is interested CPAC will be livestreaming here.

As will those peaceful, caring and tolerant folks from Occupy D.C. here.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Great piece this morning, kj…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Fail:

Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof

You can’t both legislate religion and preserve freedom of religion. Nobody claims a that there is freedom from religion, so that’s a red herring. What there is a guarantee of, is freedom from government-imposed religion. That goes for PBHO’s religion and it goes for Santo’s religion. We’re seeing PBHO imposing his through law and people don’t like it, as well they shouldn’t. Hypocrites like Santo seek to impose their religion instead and Americans should all be just as repelled by it.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Great piece this morning, kj…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Thanks, brother! I am so sorry about your friend. But, please take comfort. We know where she is.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Rage on, heathen. Obama’s still wrong….no matter whether you believe or not, our Founding Fathers based this country on a system of Jodeo-Christian beliefs…and no amount of revisionist history…or wishing that the 75% OF Americans who proclaim Christianity, according to Gallup, would sit down and shut up, will change that.

Americans had had their fill of the Tyranny of the Minority.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM

spelling …Judeo.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Check out the drudge headline with Hillary…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Of course PBHO is wrong! And of course Santo is wrong! But please tell me, what is revisionist about quoting the 1st Amendment?

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Still hurting from Santorum’s victories, are we, Bruti?

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM

It didn’t take you long to revert to form. From a discussion of religious freedom to a personal remark.

Unclench, brother.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Check out the drudge headline with Hillary…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Yep. Just like they originally said there would be no “military intervention” in Libya.

But did you see the headline underneath that?

20% of Republicans leaning to Obama!

Heads up, it’s WND link.

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM

You’re the one lashing out at Rick Santorum.

By the way, for those who are not aware of the following:

Boston.com reports on the inconsistent (to say the least) history of the Republican front-runner:

Mitt Romney accused President Obama this week of ordering “religious organizations to violate their conscience,’’ referring to a White House decision that requires all health plans – even those covering employees at Catholic hospitals, charities, and colleges – to provide free birth control. But a review of Romney’s tenure as Massachusetts governor shows that he once took a similar step.

In December 2005, Romney required all Massachusetts hospitals, including Catholic ones, to provide emergency contraception to rape victims, even though some Catholics view the morning-after pill as a form of abortion.

He said he was acting on his legal counsel’s interpretation of a new state law – one passed by lawmakers despite his veto – but he also said that “in his heart of hearts,’’ he believed that rape victims should have access to emergency contraception.

Some Catholic leaders now point to inconsistency in Romney’s criticism of the president and characterize his new stance as politically expedient, even as they welcome it.

“The initial injury to Catholic religious freedom came not from the Obama administration but from the Romney administration,’’ said C.J. Doyle, executive director of the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts. “President Obama’s plan certainly constitutes an assault on the constitutional rights of Catholics, but I’m not sure Governor Romney is in a position to assert that, given his own very mixed record on this.’’

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Great piece this morning, kj…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

2nd that!

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

thanks flora :)

cmsinaz on February 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Another one removes the blinders.

‘I Feel Duped on Climate Change’

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Flora Duh on February 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM

No thanks, I got a virus from WND some years back…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I see. So criticizing a politician is justification for making personal remarks about posters who express opinions contrary to your own?

I’ve given you the attention this AM that you seem to crave so much by referring to me so often. You’re welcome and have a nice day.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Mika is sitting there on live Tv taking notes as she reads her latest talking points email from the white house on her blackberry. Truly unbelievable.

Naturally Curly on February 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:15 AM

This, from the individual that used to cuss out daily other posters and once stated that he hated all Hot Air posters? And, who referred to me publicly, several times, as a private body part?

Your piety is underwhelming.

Christianity is not something that Christians stick over in a corner and pull out when they want to show everyone how pious they are. It’s the way we live our lives, Brutus. As a non-believer, you do not understand. Some day, I hope you will.

The President has no right to impose his belief system on others. By attempting to dictate for Catholic Hospitals to violate their own belief systems, he has overstepped his Constitutional authority.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I’m going back to bed for a few more zzzzzz’s before the funeral, later all…

OmahaConservative on February 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM

i was reading this astrology magazine and it was written when all 8 of them were in the race. Anyways – cut to the chase, it did say that the one that had the most Saturn Jupiter and Neptune squared would pretty much explode around Feb 7 – March 12 and it came down to 3: Rick Perry (who’s already out), Michelle Bachmann (out) and MITTENS!

So, I guess this article is right so far – Mittens is blowing up and as it made a one paragraph mention of Santorum that consisted of 3 sentences. He’s an ok guy (remember – astrologers tend to be Libbies). He was in congress. He’s from Pennsylvania. looks like Santorum doesn’t have a Saturn Jupiter Neptune square problem.

Huh. Waddja know?
on the other hand my magic 8 ball merely says “ask again later” when talking about Mittens surviving and being the nominee.

athenadelphi on February 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I agree and have consistently. Neither does Santo have the authority to restrict the religious freedoms of others through the imposition of his religion. Nobody does and all Americans should demand an end to it.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM

So, you’re saying that Obama has no right to force Catholic Hospitals to distribute Birth Control and the morning-after Abortion pill?

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:32 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Yes, of course I am. Here’s the first thing I said on the subject this AM:

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 6:24 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Mitterd couldn’t even get 1/2 of this 2008 vote in Colorado this time.

If Santorum runs a smart campaign he’ll get to face the “GATES OF HELL” re-elect campaign machine.

All that money the Axelrod spent on the Occupy Crapola to tar Mitt/Wall Street would be for nothing.

Alas, war in Syria and Iran is coming so all bets are off on the re-elect. Hey is anyone on the left going to call Obama a WARMONGER? A Caliphate maker? Again, this helps Santorum.

PappyD61 on February 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Okay. Now, tell us all how Rick Santorum seeks to impose his religion on America.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Not one of my candidates for city, state, or federal offices representing any state has won. Not Angle, I’m not a witch O’Donnell, Fiorina, Meg Whitman, Palin, the list is endless. Ok Scott Brown, but it’s Teddy’s seat. Maybe Santorum will break the curse? The Feds rob us blind, might as well throw some kala Rick’s way.

racquetballer on February 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I’ve got to say, it seems as if Santorum has generated some excitement and inspiration among Americans that we haven’t seen from losers like Gingrich or Romney.

Happy Nomad on February 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

It’s practically all he talks about. His obsession is centered more around personal conduct, especially sexual conduct.

I’m making a purely conservative argument. A government that has the power to grant favors has the power to revoke them. What you end up with is the religion in power, be it Santo’s or PBHO’s oppressing others which are not in power. That is why it is anathema to our ideal of limited government to give government that power. Government cannot preserve freedom of religion if religion is permitted to involve itself in government.

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Americans have had their fill of the Tyranny of the Minority.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 6:53 AM

The Obama administration is used to pay for play. The folks who got waivers paid. The Catholic church is not going to participate. This confounds the Obama administration. This isn’t just going to effect Catholics that voted for Obama in 2008. People of all faiths understand this is about constitutionality. and that the progressive left over reached again. Obamacare is one big power grab by the progressive left. I hope it goes down in flames next month when it comes in front of the Supreme Court.

Dr Evil on February 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM

MJBrutus on February 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Now, produce some of Santorum’s quotes concerning his faith, so that we may all see how dangerous and un-American they are

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

In this primary, every candidate gets a chance to thump their chest. Even class-envy Republicans whining about “the establishment”, “country club Republicans” and fund raising advantages. ;-)

rhombus on February 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Dr Evil on February 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Well said.

kingsjester on February 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Happy Nomad on February 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

How so? Colorado’s turn out was 7% lower than 2008 and Santorum beat Romney by 5 points.

Minnesota’s turn out was down 24%

Missouri which didn’t award any delegates and Newt Gingrich wasn’t on the ballot was down 57%

The last state that had higher turn out than 2008 was South Carolina which Newt Gingrich won.

Dr Evil on February 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM