Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on February 8, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Say, wasn’t our President supposedly a Constitutional scholar? Matt Lauer challenged Barack Obama in NBC’s Super Bowl interview to answer for those who are disappointed in the pace of the change Obama promised to bring to Washington DC.  Greg Hengler clips the question — and the curious answer:

Matt Lauer, NBC: I have talked to so many people over the last couple years, President Obama, who were huge supporters of yours in 2008. And today they are not sure. I hear more and more that they’re disappointed in you. That you aren’t the transformational political figure that they hoped you would be. How does that make you feel when you hear that?

President Barack Obama: I think this is the nature of being President. What’s frustrated people is that I have not been able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008.

Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes. But what I have been able to do is move in the right direction. And what I’m going to keep on doing is plot away, very persistent. You know what? One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.

“It turns out”?  Er, didn’t Constitutional Scholar Obama already know this when he was running for President?  If not, well, that’s a pretty big Obamateurism in and of itself.  Assuming he did know and understand that the Constitution was purposefully designed to keep radical changes from taking place, then Lauer’s question remains unanswered.  Obama made those promises with that reality already in place, and quite obviously didn’t have a plan to deal with it.

That’s not the only problem with this answer.  Obama had complete Democratic control of Congress his first two years, and ended up squandering it with the imposition of an unpopular health-care reform effort that will likely get tossed by the Supreme Court, perhaps especially after Obama’s new diktat to religious organizations on contraception.  He blew his chance to focus on other aspects of “change” by making his party so unpopular that they lost 68 seats in the House in the next election and losing the gavel.  And because of that, Obama has had zero ability to move the more radical aspects of his agenda — thankfully.  So truly, Obama did not “get better as time goes on.”  He’s gotten appreciably worse at moving his agenda, and it’s his own fault.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hey Ed, a bad excuse is better than no excuse. Should he say, “I am a fraud, just like Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh said. I am nothing more than an empty suit.”?

It would be honest, but that was never baracks strong suit.

DuctTapeMyBrain on February 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

“This dictatorin’ thing is harder than I thought!”
-BHO

cane_loader on February 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

That was very clumsy — of Lauer for challenging Obama to the point of a gaffe. Let’s hope Lauer is happy with a surprise IRS audit later this month….

apostic on February 8, 2012 at 8:12 AM

He governs like I bowl, I get worse the longer I play!

chickie on February 8, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Constitution, We don’t need no steenking Constitution.

jeffinsjvca on February 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM

One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.

What exactly has this Big Zero gotten better at?

Dextrous on February 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Presidentin’ is hard.

JimK on February 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

“Hugo Chavez approves of my message”– Barack Obama mmm mmm mmm

Maybe Obama and Ginsburg should review the history of our nation and its founding documents, particularly the Constitution, which they swore to protect and uphold.

onlineanalyst on February 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

“Getting Better as time goes on”!
———————————Hopey

Talk about Audacious Audacity MMM.MMM.MMM!!

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

“Well Matt, let me be clear, that pesky Constitution is getting in my way, so now I’m going to disregard it. But don’t air that part”

nobar on February 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

He still blames others

Sheesh

cmsinaz on February 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

“It would be easier to be the Pres. of China”…

Sincerely,
Pres. Oblamer

hillsoftx on February 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM

And what I’m going to keep on doing is plot away,

Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I wouldn’t know what he is. He’s never released his transcripts. For all we know he didn’t go to college, let alone take classes and graduate. As for being a Constitutional Scholar, I’m just wonder what constitution he studied. It sure isn’t the US one.

Tommy_G on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Obama had complete Democratic control of Congress his first two years

Maybe he can’t remember that far back :)

itsnotaboutme on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I constantly hear, “he’s doing the best he can, considering the mess he inherited”. Does it not occur to them that if this is the best he can do, we need someone who can do better? We might even get someone who is competent.

Paddington on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I’m beginning to believe you can’t be a constitutional scholar, if you study at Harvard. Laurence Tribe is a professor there and another of those constitutional scholars. Tribe has already said the President can determine when Congress is in session, so he can make those recess appointments any time he chooses.

It was also Tribe, who during the Bush Administration, advised the Democrats on their filibuster strategy so Bush couldn’t put too many conservatives on the appellate courts. Sounds like a real great guy to be giving out advice on the Constitution.

bflat879 on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Even Mitt is saying “I will repeal Obamacare” — they all do this during the campaigns. The difference is, Obummer’s handlers had convinced him he could actually personally fulfill all his promises. Plus, he is the Lowerer of the Oceans, too.

KS Rex on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Dextrous on February 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

His short game?
Reading scrolling text?
Pronouncing silent consonants?
March Madness brackets?

Left Coast Right Mind on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

He learned the art of slipping past the questions a long time ago and perfected it on the streets of Chicago.

I’m convinced he actually believes these things he says now. I doubt if he’s even capable of recognizing Truth any more.

Cleombrotus on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Oops — I meant Raiser of the Oceans, of course. :-)

KS Rex on February 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM

SURPRISE!!! SURPRISE!!! SURPRISE!!!

I wonder if he ever looks into the mirror and thinks, “What the hell am I doing here?” I know it’s what I think every time I see him.

ExpressoBold on February 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Yeah, ’cause you’re exactly the kind of guy they had in mind.

Cleombrotus on February 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM

From my vast archives!
_______________________

Barack Obama Lectures on Constituonal Law
******************************************

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Solid B+.

percysunshine on February 8, 2012 at 8:23 AM

“Well, uh, Matt. There is so much I wanted to do, but uh, apparently there’s this Checks and Balances thing written into the, uh, Constitution that says I can’t do what I want, when I want. This isn’t fair, since, uh, the Founding Fathers were all in the 1% in terms of personal wealth. Thankfully, me and another 99%-er, uh, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg see pretty much eye to eye on how much respect our Constitution should receive.”

Left Coast Right Mind on February 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

He’s gotten better at one thing- lying.

tinkerthinker on February 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Good Grief! The more I think about this, the angrier I get.

This isn’t just an Obamatuerism Of The Day; this is his Manifesto.

Cleombrotus on February 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM

“Very persistent”?! A scholar?

Paddington on February 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM

He was talking about his golf game – not his Presidential ability. He needs to work with Boehner to get his handicap down.

ArthurMachado on February 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM

This President is so many things wrapped up in one pretty little package.

wow.

TimBuk3 on February 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM

He is a constitution scholar alright, but of Kenya.

Sticky Wicket on February 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Dear President Obama: That was the point. You suck.

Signed,

Charles Cotesworth Pinckney
George Washington
Twenty-eight others

radjah shelduck on February 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Constitution 101 – FAIL

FlaMurph on February 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

MONEY QUOTE: “One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.”

OooooooooooK.
Just what we need in these perilous times: On the job training for our President. /sarc
(sigh)

This guy (ØbozØ) is a real piece of work: An incompetent narcissist who fails to see many things, including his own inability to even act Presidential.
Sadly, the GOP has no one running (yet) who can beat him in November.
Television made Barack Obama. The LSM isn’t about to dump the golden goose now.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

He managed to slam Obamacare through and the public hated it, so it looks more like a question of priorities than procedure.

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM

O/T,Lefty Talk’n Points,getting in high gear!
_____________________________________________

Prop 8:
********

GOP presidential candidates blast gay marriage ruling

Submitted 8 mins ago from latimesblogs.latimes.com
============================

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I heard “plod” but the transcript came from RCP so, even it there is a little inaccuracy that casts Ø in an unfavorable light, I have no problem with it. What I have a problem with is the media asking Ø questions like “What do you feel?” rather than “What are your plans, really, to ‘transform’ America?”

ExpressoBold on February 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Karl Magnus on February 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Karl Magnus:Yup,I caught that one,me thinks,its toooooooo late!

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Karl Magnus on February 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I pray you’re wrong. Would this country be so stupid a second time?

Paddington on February 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

And what I’m going to keep on doing is plot away,
Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

OldEnglish:Yup,”Plotting Away”!:)

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

ExpressoBold on February 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Thank you. Bandwidth restrictions prevent me from viewing most clips.

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM

The thing that gets me is the whole “I have not been able to force Congress” bit. He actually thought he could ram all this crap through and Congress was just a rubber-stamp? What the he** was he doing when he was in the frikkin’ Senate???

The other thing that gets me, as I said in the headline thread on this a couple of days ago, is the unspoken “unfortunately”. As in “Well unfortunately, it turns out our Founders designed a system that unfortunately makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”

crazy_legs on February 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Constitutional law professor teacher’s aide substitute temp, per diem perhaps?

roy_batty on February 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

And then what? That’s a stupid policy.

Smack-down “reset” overcharge.

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:38 AM

O/T,Hopey/Changey Flippenzee/Floppenzee on Super Paks!
_______________________________________________________

’07: Obama ‘Outside Group’ Donors (aka Super Pacs)
Added: 10 hours ago
********************
********************

While running as a candidate in Iowa, Obama railed against 527′s and said that
someone can’t be against them one day and for them the next.
(Video-1:24)

———————————————-

Obama campaign reverses stance, urges donations to super PAC

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012, 11:51 p.m. from firstread.msnbc.msn.com
===========================

Obama campaign reverses stance, urging donations to super PAC
1 day ago
*********

President Obama’s re-election campaign made an about-face late Monday in its opposition to super PACs, encouraging donors to send their unlimited contributions to one such group founded by a former administration spokesman.

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina emailed supporters to formally endorse contributions to Priorities USA, the Democratic super PAC founded by Bill Burton, a former White House deputy press secretary.

“With so much at stake, we can’t allow for two sets of rules in this election whereby the Republican nominee is the beneficiary of unlimited spending and Democrats unilaterally disarm,” Messina wrote on the campaign’s blog. “Therefore, the campaign has decided to do what we can, consistent with the law, to support Priorities USA in its effort to counter the weight of the GOP Super PAC.”

The decision represents a stark reversal for Obama, who has been among the most vocal critics of these outside political spending groups since the Supreme Court’s 2010 ruling that paved the way for the rise of super PACs.
(More…)
==========

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM

G’day, canopfor. Warm enough?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM

How does that make you feel when you hear that?

Feelings.

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Isn’t he just….dreeamy..?????
51%..+/- 1%

Pathetic.

Electrongod on February 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM

this is essentially a doubling down of what he said about it “bein’ easier to be presidentin’ of China or somethin’”……

ted c on February 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Obama was told by Axelrod and his other handlers when he ran for president in 2008 that, with the co-operation of the big media, they would be able to use the race card to intimidate any and all opponents of their policies inside Congress into submission, and via the use of Alinsky tactics write out of the political conservation any conservatives who disagreed with the president and his agenda.

That was the deal, and the plan was working until the Tea Party came along, because it had no specified leader to demonize with the race card — there were just too many people to attack, and while Team Obama has succeeded in soiling the name of the movement, it’s too late to put the genie back in the bottle. That’s why he was so shocked and angry about not being able to just roll over Congress, because Axelrod, Plouffe, Jarrett and the rest had promised him he would get all his programs done by just announcing that They Must Happen. What he said to Lauer was simply the way he was told the post-2008 world was going to work.

jon1979 on February 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Force them to do what I want-not what’s best for the country.

FLconservative on February 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

HilRod was right,”the skies will open,celestrial choirs will sing…
___________________

Hillary Mocks Obama
Feb 24 2008
************

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

“Government dependence is all part of my plan, Matt.”– Barack Obama

onlineanalyst on February 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.

Bzzzzt. Wrong.

This gangly failure started at ground level and has been digging a deep hole nonstop since he screwed up the oath of office with that plugged up blue dentured imbecile biden.

We have a horse’s ass for a president- so called constitutional scholar, and yet no clue about checks and balances.

Nice job, 52%.

GrassMudHorsey on February 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM

A President of any party reflecting on his administration in a Super Bowl interview pretty much suggests for me how seriously he should be taken. And sycophants like Matt Lauer pretending to be challenging? Please. This is the administration of late Friday afternoon incriminating document dumps. The media is not going to let their liberal messiah stumble in front of one of the largest audiences he could ever have. This guy has been a pretender to everything he has done in life – except for maybe community organizer which is basically extorting someone else to do the work for you anyway. By the way, has there ever been an interview of anyone who has taken one of his constitutional law courses?

DaveDief on February 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

They tried to clean up his language, what I heard at 0:45 was:

…And, what I’m just gonna keep on doin’ is, plodding away, very persistant…

Fallon on February 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM
G’day, canopfor. Warm enough?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM

OldEnglish:Morning DownUnder,no,its cold out,brrrr!

I see a 5.6 Earthquake,near Japan,about
an hour ago!:)

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

plod   /plɒd/ Show Spelled [plod] Show IPA verb, plod·ded, plod·ding, noun
verb (used without object)
1. to walk heavily or move laboriously; trudge: to plod under the weight of a burden.
2. to proceed in a tediously slow manner: The play just plodded along in the second act.
3. to work with constant and monotonous perseverance; drudge.

Okay, that last word made me laugh…

Fallon on February 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Isn’t he just….dreeamy..?????
51%..+/- 1%

Pathetic.

Electrongod on February 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Electrongod:Dreamy….lol!:)

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

“One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.” -Obama

The Liberals all claimed that Bush was the dumbest POTUS ever. Then we get Odumber. Hey Liberals,project much?

Gladtobehere on February 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Okay, that last word made me laugh…

Fallon on February 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Fallon:I heard ‘Plotting Away’!:)

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I had to listen to it a couple of times. I think he really said plodding away, but plot seems to fit as well. Either way the transcript wasn’t accurate.

Oldnuke on February 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I see 0 fancies himself a fine bottle of wine now. I expect nothing less from the smartest guy in the room. Funny how that whole narcissism thing creeps into so many aspects of his daily remarks.

Bmore on February 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

O/T,

Well,I heard about the story of Saddam Goons,toss’n
premature babies out in the hospital,in the run up
to Desert Shield,then to Desert Storm,looks like its
getting more serious in Syria!!!
================================

Al Jazeera Arabic:
*******************

70 killed today in Syrian violence; includes 20 premature babies who died due to turned off electricity

via @NBC News Story
Submitted 6 mins ago
=============================

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

What proof do we have of his supposed intelligence? Is it his college and law school grades, which have been disappeared? Is it his great ability to read from the teleprompter? Is it his vast knowledge of the Constitution? Is it the crease in his pants?

maryo on February 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Is it just me or does this comment bother others. The role of the Presidency is not to FORCE Congress to do everything the President wants. Congress is a co-equal branch of government with its own ideas. The President is not supposed to be a bully-in-chief (though jug-ears comes close).

In short, there is a huge difference between demonstrating leadership by working with Congress and running the Executive Branch in such a way you view Congress (again a co-equal branch of government) as something to be forced into doing your will.

This to my mind is the bigger OOTD out of this story.

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

HilRod was right,”the skies will open,celestrial choirs will sing…
___________________

Hillary Mocks Obama
Feb 24 2008
************

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Yep, the one time that Hillary was actually talking common sense, and the Democrats throw her her away like an old and worn out pair of shoes. Now that’s a party that respects a woman’s opinion.

Gladtobehere on February 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

…And, what I’m just gonna keep on doin’ is, plodding away, very persistant…

Fallon on February 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

That would make more sense, thanks. (Bandwidth restrictions prevents much downloading).

However, “plodding” doesn’t much sound like “fundamental transformation” – reality must have hit home.

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I don’t think it’s just the Founders’ fault Obama can’t snap his fingers and magically lower the ocean levels while curing everyone’s economic woes by driving up the costs of energy, labor, etc. The changes Obama wants don’t make sense in any scenario…regardless of political heritage.

BlueCollarAstronaut on February 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

“He can’t force Congress”!
The 2010 elections f’d everything up for him!

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Oldnuke on February 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Hah! It’s funny how the brain sees/hears what it expects.

OldEnglish on February 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Maybe the House will lose even more seats in November and the Wicked Witch of the West will fly back to San Francisco for good.

He’s not known as zer0 for nothin’!

So truly, Obama did not “get better as time goes on.” He’s gotten appreciably worse at moving his agenda, and it’s his own fault.

Good-better-best. Bad-worse-worst. You can’t expect the Indonesian Imbecile to know the proper use of the comparative and the superlative.

MisterElephant on February 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Force Congress? Who does he think he is?

Persuade, influence, lobby, glad hand, yes.

But force?

Mommynator on February 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I pray you’re wrong. Would this country be so stupid a second time?

Paddington on February 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

The people managed to reelect FDR 3 more times and thanks to the state of our education establishment thinking skills have plummeted exponentially.

chemman on February 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

This to my mind is the bigger OOTD out of this story.

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Point well taken. I have often heard Democrats like Steny Hoyer blame Dubya for “the budget” that Congress passed. He very well knows that Presidents don’t pass budgets but only propose them. He chose to use a person against which Democrats and the media instituted a hate campaign to further muddy the waters of citizen ignorance. That is his way of absolving himself of responsibility for his own actions.
My point is that the Constitution formulates different responsibilities and actions for each of the three branches and, as you correctly point out, that when Ø assumes for himself the mantle of legislative prerogative, he steps outside his Constitutional limits.

ExpressoBold on February 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

“I don’t know what’s going on, I just work here.” – Barack Obama

NoDonkey on February 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

The checks and balances are the only thing that have slowed Baroque’s plan to totally destroy the United States of America. useful idiot supre RINOs like Medved and, yes Romney, claim that Baroque would never want to destroy America because he wants to be liked. What they refuse to admit is that he has NPD so he *knows* he is adored and can do no wrong. And if you want to ‘fundamentally transform’ something, you have to take it apart piece by piece and effectively destroy it.

Romney “I’m sure that Baroque means well / is a nice guy but he is in over his head”.

No you milquetoast tool. He doesn’t mean *us* well. You only say that because you think it polls well and you personally have enough wealth to insulate yourself from this Socialist car crash SCOAMF.

CorporatePiggy on February 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on.

As Jimmy Carter’s second term clearly demonstrates.

Barnestormer on February 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Just because Obama is “supposedly a Constitutional scholar” does not mean that the man has provided any respect for the Document—or that his oath to preserve, protect and defend it—should be taken seriously, by his remarks to Matt Lauer.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

In just three short years, no President in our history has been more complicit in shredding the Constitution and its specific written acts describing the separation of powers. Obama’s intentional dereliction of this office has been an insult to the people of this nation and our founding fathers who understood that the provisions in the Constitution were not subject to changes or interpretation without the full amendment process. The fact that this “Constitutional Scholar/Community Organizer” does not , refuses to comprehend , has purposely circumvented this process, is all the more reason to either impeach him or remove him from the office at the soonest possible opportunity.

No President in our modern history has failed so miserably to preserve the oath of office, that he swore to “faithfully execute”.

Rovin on February 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Was that a typo, or did he actually say that?

Much as I like to think Obama says nothing but horrible things all the time, I believe he said “plod away”

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on February 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

When is Allahpundit going to endorse a candidate?

My money is on it being Ron Paul.

CorporatePiggy on February 8, 2012 at 10:08 AM

The “Constitutional Scholar” misnomer was fabricated by the media to enhance his perceived credentials. The man has published no scholarly work, to my knowledge, but he did teach a Constitutional Law course as an adjunct for a while. This is something that is common at law schools across the country. I deeply doubt that the lawyers who teach these courses dub themselves “Constitutional Scholars.”

DrStock on February 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I’m calling it right now: Barack Obama – The Worst President in our Nation’s History.

St Gaudens on February 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Yeah. He makes as much sense as a guy accused of attempted rape. “Well, if I had succeeded in forcing myself on her, she would have liked it and I wouldn’t be in trouble now.”

climbnjump on February 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Yeah Barry, it’s almost like the Founders foresaw a dimwit like you, and designed a system to reign in your King-like ambitions.

GarandFan on February 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Constitutional scholar my azz! Commie Obammy was just a lecturer and has shown what a pathetic excuse he is for a president. The idiot never heard of working with congress instead of trying to “force” congress. He’s a complete jackass.

jqc1970 on February 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM

He does not possess the Civics knowlege of an 11th grade high school student.

Rohall1215 on February 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Hey Barry, “it turns out” that the duty has been commanded for the people to decide when government has gone too far, that a great bit of leeway is given until that time is reached, but that once reached, the undesirable end must occur. You just keep trying to force your way, and your entire socialist cult will learn this lesson face to face. This is a land of laws, not of men, and the law written into the DNA of this nation permits the people to prevent being ruled by a tyrant. Don’t be stupid. Don’t push too far.

Freelancer on February 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Four major institutions stand in the way of the complete destruction of individual liberty: The family, religion, education and the Constitution. The Democrat party has been extremely successful in all of these areas except religion. Statist tradition is to either destroy religion, or integrate it into the state. The Democrats have nothing to complain about. They are just being impatient. At least the KGB recognized the Democrats huge progress in these areas.

stillings on February 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I’m not sure where this “Obama is smart” crap came from.
Personally, I think he’s a moron.
And not just a garden variety moron, but a lying, devious, traitorous, bigoted, Marxist, anti-American, malignant moron.

Thankfully, he’s also lazy, which keeps him from doing even more harm to the country than he’s already done.

justltl on February 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

But that’s what’s making him better as time goes by……the fact that he can no longer get things done.

The dork is actually right!

Tim_CA on February 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

But, HE’S THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!1111!!!1!!!!!!11!!!1!!

Sponge on February 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Premature ejaculation

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

He is downright dangerous to the future of our republic.

D-fusit on February 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I have to question why Obama thinks he’s getting better as time goes on. After all, he was already a better policy wonk, speech writer, chief of staff, and everything else, than anybody else could be. We know, because he said so. So how could he get any better?

So it’s Congress’ fault, it’s the fault of that danged system the Founders designed, it’s everybody’s fault but Obama’s that he hasn’t been able to heal the planet and make the seas recede. I guess it’s hard being a Savior.

RebeccaH on February 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I don’t know why you think SCOTUS will overturn Obamacare, Ed. They have no more courage to oppose Turdboy than Congress has.

swinia sutki on February 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Our founding fathers acted stupidly.
What would you expect from a bunch of racists anyway?

kmid219 on February 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Paddington on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

The “he inherited” line always gets me. Really? Did some old aunt or uncle, or BHO Sr put the Presidency in their will? How exactly did BHO Jr inherit it? He CHOSE to run in the primaries, he CHOSE to accept the nomination, he CHOSE to run in the general, he CHOSE to take the oath of office. Stop the g.d. whining about inheriting already!

Nutstuyu on February 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM