Report: Occupy D.C. preparing to crash CPAC

posted at 9:30 pm on February 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

And I do mean “crash.”

During a Thursday meeting at McPherson Square, until Saturday the epicenter of the protests, Occupiers brainstormed tactics for shutting down or disrupting the conference, according to a source who was present at the meeting.

The protesters suggested pulling fire alarms in the hotel where the conference will take place, screaming “fire” during conference activities, “glitter-bombing” participants, cutting electrical power, and barricading entrances to the hotel, according to the source, who requested anonymity.

“Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted,” the source told Scribe in an email. Two Occupiers, who the source also identified as members of the New Black Panther Party, “said they would be disappointed if they didn’t get arrested and planned to ‘make it count.’”

The source quoted another protester as saying, “Mitt [Romney] has Secret Service now, but [Newt] Gingrich and [Andrew] Breitbart don’t,” seemingly suggesting that the latter two would not be as heavily guarded.

Plans for infiltration allegedly include staying at the hotel as guests with help from the AFL-CIO (the union denies it) and wearing Ron Paul gear on the theory that no one will be able to tell them apart from typical Paul fans. Lest you doubt that they’re capable of “direct action,” watch the two clips below of Occupy D.C. giving Americans for Prosperity the full Walking Dead treatment back in November. There’s already an “Occupy CPAC” message posted on their website, replete with unparodyable denunciations of a “gathering of bigots, media mouthpieces, corrupt politicians and their one percent elite puppet masters” and its “racist, sexist, patriarchal and exploitative agenda.” They have nothing to lose by going on a rampage, really. The image of the “peaceful Occupier” is long gone, thanks to the Oakland chapter and the sporadic stories of rapes and assaults coming out of the camps last year, and even their friends in entertainment are bored with their crap. If they start a brawl at CPAC, that’s a new round of media coverage for them plus endless atta-boys from leftist trolls online. I only wish this had happened a few weeks ago, just so we’d have the perfect ironic juxtaposition between Occupy thugging out and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz once again using the Tucson shootings that the right had nothing to do with as an excuse to demagogue the right over incivility. Ah well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I regret not going already.

joekenha on February 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hey, this will be good tv!

davemason2k on February 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Good! Just kidding :)

Uppereastside on February 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Lock phasers on hippies. Shoot to kill.

wildcat72 on February 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Nah, civil war can never happen here…

oddjob1138 on February 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You ever notice there’s never a good truncheon around when you really need it.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’ve never gone to CPAC but I’m pretty sure that isn’t the kind of crowd to just stand around while they’re being assaulted. Occupiers are better off taking their clown circus back to Oakland.

Go RBNY on February 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

A word of advice if you go…

BRING A VIDEO CAMERA!

If you can, stand near where a major network’s cameras are. That way, when the edited (read: chopped up to make CPACer’s look like the instigators…) video is presented on the nightly news, you can go viral with what really happened.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

This is all taking place on private property, at a Marriott hotel. Think David Marriott is going to let this crap happen, even if his fellow church member has secret service protection?

If it’s the Marriott I think it is, it’s off on a side street, not on a main thoroughfare. Recall the side street was nice residential, or at least not heavily commercial. Doubt the neighbors are going to put up with crap, too.

Wethal on February 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I’ll bet $20 they don’t do anything but block traffic. Maybe punch a cop.

bernverdnardo1 on February 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM

oddjob1138 on February 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

That got through the filter?! Hmmmmm…….. CIVIL WAR! CIVIL WAR! CIVIL WAR! CIVIL WAR! lol

ThePrez on February 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Bring it, beotches!

Decoski on February 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Nah, they’ll just be surrounded by hundreds of large, burly, private citizens who have no fear of being charged with “police brutality.”

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

They should move CPAC to Texas, we’re real big believers in self defense and the 2nd Amendment here.

clearbluesky on February 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

All the CPAC folks should wear SEIU shirts. Confuse the enemy.

txhsmom on February 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

My Dad is worried on my behalf.

vegconservative on February 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Bring it…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on February 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Seems strange that they would hold it in D.C. when Virginia and its carry laws are just across the river….

I mean, if you are going to be assaulted, it is your right to defend yourself. Unfortunately not so much in D.C., but in Virginia…

Virginia even recognizes the CCW permits from many other states…

ProfShadow on February 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

There will be poo.

bernverdnardo1 on February 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I hope Sarah Palin packed her brass knuckles.

portlandon on February 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Be careful, HotAirers who are in attendance!

cynccook on February 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

“Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted.”

And Occupiers will be tossed into jails–which I hope are filthy rat’n'roach infested water-dripping-wet dank cold Mexican-prison-like. Gee, will it be like Grant Park Chicago August 1968 all over again?

stukinIL4now on February 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

This is how we all end up in the streets. Are you ready? Do you live in an urban center? Do you have your plan?///

Give me a break, its just a bunch of punk anarchist’s, just punks. My vote, put em down, lock em up. No more catering to this nonsense.

Hey punks, bring it!

Bmore on February 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Liberal fascism.

LibertysLight on February 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM

They obviously believe their own press, that no one assaulted will strike back. They’re in for a big surprise.

GarandFan on February 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I will be there…I declare war.

EnochCain on February 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I wonder if the DC police will protect the innocent or escort the thugs???

conservative pilgrim on February 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

just park a couple of firetrucks out front with the hoses at the ready…you know..just in case a fire breaks out or a hippie needs a bath or something….

HotAirian on February 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Next time hold the convention in a state that allows concealed carry!

StubbleSpark on February 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

These clowns are the Democrat base and will help add 5% to the Republican vote in November once the country sees them in action. I can’t wait until the NATO summit in Chicago in May or the Democrat convention this summer. Go Occupiers!

Roymunson on February 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Get Cartmen out there!!!

lexhamfox on February 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Beware those right wing radicals against big government. They had 18 assaults last year and are frightening the FBI.

Grunt on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

You guys who are going – don’t be goaded into violence. Seriously, they’d love that. Please stay cool.

bernverdnardo1 on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I don’t want them to be arrested – I want them to be soaked to the consistency of a soiled nappy.

OldEnglish on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

More to come as the election nears.

SouthernGent on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

And the mainstream media should be reporting on this in three, two, one…

Whats a Seawolf on February 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Roymunson on February 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

If the GOP were actually smart, they’d be ready with their own cameras to shoot the next batch of TV ads.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Practice run for this fall when the word will go out nationwide to rock the vote and the republican voters, bring it clowns, the Precident wants it , is gonna use their free cell phones to organize the peeps, lets just do it and get it over with.

ConcealedKerry on February 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Just passing along for those who might have reason to need it:

ProfShadow on February 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Obama’s army, in all its full glory. That is terrifying. Law abiding citizens should not have to put up with this scum harrassing them.

silvernana on February 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

This is pretty incredible.

The FBI is saying they need to start watching American citizens more for these home grown terrorists. Home land Security is out there with PSA’s “If you see something, Say something.” but nobody can see what is freaking happening in broad daylight right before our eyes. Heck.. these terrorists can actually openly make public plans for their terror and not a peep from anyone.
Bil Ayers can give them tips on the finer points of revolution and have it posted on YouTube but I bet the FBI or Home Land Security has not visited his house one time.

JellyToast on February 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Is mace outlawed in DC for regular citizens to use to defend themselves?

Hey Ed, what is the security there? Give us the run down.

karenhasfreedom on February 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Damned right wing extremists.

hungrymongo on February 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

All personally trained by the man who gut-punched Dan Rather and escorted in Chicago 1968

BobMbx on February 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

More to come as the election nears.

SouthernGent on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

occupy polling places?

This Nov is going to be the most important since the founding.

tom daschle concerned on February 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Damned right wing extremists.

hungrymongo on February 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
And veterans you forgot the dangerous veterans

ConcealedKerry on February 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

So do I have to bring my own female Iranian ninja bodyguards or will they be provided?

I hope they have tape of the first hippie who gets his balls ripped off by one of our fairer gender. Makes me smile.

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

We can laugh them off as loons, but the media and the WH will cover for them. They have always had violence as their end game. What EO from Obama will be needed to stop it?

We are heading into scary times.

PattyJ on February 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In order to avoid having to shower and dress in business attire to blend in,” Scribe’s source said, “they plan to wear Ron Paul 2012 gear because they believe Paul supporters ‘generally look like hippies.’”

The full quote.

Wethal on February 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I wonder where our resident bigots…I mean, trolls…come down on this. I’m sure they’ll be quick to tell us they’re opposed to such tactics, but useful idiots tend to take such positions, never realizing that when thugs like their comrades get their way, the useful idiots are among the first against the wall.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I drove past MacPherson Square the other day. Those people need to occupy a SHOWER.

SoRight on February 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Tasers as door prize!

Red Cloud on February 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

It’s hard to predict what a few bitter-enders will do in a last gasp at relevance, but I suggest that a blog looking for hits may have allowed a source looking ego gratification to wax a little hysterical.

At any rate, you can arrest them all with my approval. They’re irrelevant.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

The MSM will cover this the way it covered the Capitol occupation in Madtown during the WI vote on union reform.

Just a bunch of idealistic young people chanting “peaceful protest, peaceful protest” whenever the MAM cameras are on.

Wethal on February 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Next time hold the convention in a state that allows concealed carry!

StubbleSpark on February 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

No, OPEN CARRY so the thugs know what awaits them.

clippermiami on February 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Thanks for proving my point.

You don’t fool us. If you had your way, they’d burn the place to the ground and every major city would have its own personal “Night of Broken Glass” aimed at anyone holding a steady job.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Good these Occupy people are f’n stupid. Let them attack the hotel/convention.

Honestly Romney has done everyone attending CPAC a huge favor by having SS protection. They are not going to allow any threat to him get even close to the hotel.

F15Mech on February 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Gaddafi’s girls are available for week long gigs now.

clippermiami on February 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hope Ed is safe and with memory sticks galore, gigs and gigs of memory cards too and that all his equipment is safe. First Mate goes too usually, right?

Allahpundit, as soon as Ed settles down if not already give us Twitterers a shoutout to follow his adventures. Who’s gonna speak from our bunch, Benson? I am not sure if Ed will give a speech-maybe I am mistaken from last year.

The Palins know how to handle themselves. Wish they brought there the minus 50 below zero to shower them with welcoming Alaska weather. Q: If you have permit to carry/open carry from other state, can you bring your handgun(s) to DC?

Breitbart should have a mike on all the time, to listen to all his “French” language and casting all these twats to hell. He has an ability to make people shreak and contort like an exorcist does to the possessed. XD

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

A few TEA Party Parades on the 4th would go a long way.

Grunt on February 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Imagine if these were pro-lifers doing this to abortion clinics.

JellyToast on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

test

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

If the Occupiers go for CPAC they will no longer have the US Park Police protecting them. They will have to answer to the USSS.

F15Mech on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

So members of the New Black Panther Party will be there, and hope to be arrested?
Not to worry…Eric Holder will make sure that won’t happen…he’ll need their baton’s at the polling places in November.

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Prime hippie punching opportunity.

When are we going to stand up to these people exactly? Fight fire with fire.

Mr Galt on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I drove past MacPherson Square the other day. Those people need to occupy a SHOWER FIRE HOSE.

SoRight on February 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Gee, I hate to be all cynical and manipulative and such, but…

Personally, I’d hire about three dozen senior citizen-human shields, and just as many videographers. And I’d make d— sure the footage made it to at least Fox twice daily.

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for proving my point.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Not my way, my overwrought friend. I’ve been employed continuously since the late 80s, enjoy my money and — living in a major city — find the thought of rioting far from a theoretical construct.

And, being the first to mention the Nazis, I believe you lose.

Thanks for playing.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

This is pretty incredible.

JellyToast on February 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Spooks must be on high alert.

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

test

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

It works.

hungrymongo on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hope my post got lost in the Twilight Zone and that I am not in trouble.

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I’ve been employed continuously since the late 80s

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

DMV?

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

CPAC attendees should carry a supply of pepperspray and possibly a tazer or two.

canditaylor68 on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

And, being the first to mention the Nazis, I believe you lose.

Thanks for playing.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

You left out racism, bigotry, and homophobia, other than that you played the moronic leftist card to a tee.

Bless your wittle heart.

tom daschle concerned on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

canditaylor68 on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Collapsible batons and tactical pens are excellent options as well.

tom daschle concerned on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Take Milla Jovovich in full Resident Evil garb. Make sure she gets plenty of quarters, heh.

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

National socialist is as national socialist does.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

You know what? Ive had a change of heart. Tina put up the Conan post and I remembered this. We can use this guy to take em down. Granted its not as much fun as an arm bar, but……..

Bmore on February 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Crash an NRA meeting… please.

Ronnie on February 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

And, being the first to mention the Nazis, I believe you lose.

Thanks for playing.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Yo, schmekel, you lost when you adopted the stock stance of the adolescently smug troll.

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I

’ve been employed continuously since the late 80s

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

DMV?

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

IRS. Expect a registered letter any day.

This is pretty incredible.

JellyToast on February 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Spooks must be on high alert.

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

What makes you think they’re not?

Actually, likely the FBI doesn’t have jurisdiction, but you can be sure that when money, power and convention business are at stake, the DC cops will be there.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

That’s for damn sure.

Classless bunch, the lot of them.

KingGold on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

To quote George Bush Sr., “It looks like they want to get their asses kicked.”

libertarianlunatic on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

These people are forgetting that a significant number of former military attend CPAC, and that includes Navy SEALs. Good luck.

jbohanon on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hope my post got lost in the Twilight Zone and that I am not in trouble.

ProudPalinFan on February 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I don’t know what you were saying at 10:12 but its not how I would have phrased it. Just saying.

bernverdnardo1 on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Just think…
In the big, scary city where he lives, he usually has to pay for a spanking.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Collapsible batons and tactical pens are excellent options as well.

tom daschle concerned on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I’m going to bet that those defensive weapons are strictly controlled in the peoples republic of DC… However, a good defensive weapon is a regular old sturdy ball point pen. It’s legal in all fifty seven states and when used properly can inflict severe damage.

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Lock and load.

GMO on February 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

2nd Amendment about to be tried out…get ready for the liberal backlash…but seriously…f**k ‘em. Bring your PDW’s. They want violence…screw it, give it to em. Im tired of this liberal bulls#!t. You know the cops arent going to stop them. They are in the pockets of the liberal establishment. Live free or die.

MooCowBang on February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

And a rolled up magazine can open up new vistas of pain and suffering for the belligerent jughead who happens upon one who knows how to use it.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

SoRight on February 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

The McPherson (not MacPherson) Square metro station is actually closer to my work but I have detoured to the Metro Center station because of the smell. That said in the early days the occupy people were handing out flyers at Metro Center. Not so much anymore.

F15Mech on February 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Just think… In the big, scary city where he lives, he usually has to pay for a spanking.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I’m quite that what anyone who would choose “urban elitist” as his nom de plume pays for, is, mostly, a facade of dignity.

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Occupiers are nothing more than human stains.

Breitbart will have the cameras rolling.

Conservchik on February 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yep most definitely. I still remember the most important riot training we got was “don’t raise the baton above your head. It attracts cameras”. We focused on delivering shots below the shoulders preferably to multiple sensitive areas.

Would using a Time magazine be too ironic?

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

So. In reference to my comment the other night, which are you? The homely broad or the girly-man?

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

You ever notice there’s never a good truncheon around when you really need it.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

What? It’s just my Mag-Lite

PXCharon on February 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

MooCowBang on February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

That is just plain bad advice for someone in DC and would not recommend that sort of advice.

F15Mech on February 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Obama on Occupy Wall Street: ‘We Are on Their Side’

….I guess this is what Obama meant when he told his supporters to “punish our enemies”…..

“Hope and Change”……

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You know what would be a real riot?

While all these morons are up trying to crash the convention, have several hundred TEA Party members go and “occupy” the occupy spots in DC and refuse to give them up when the hippies come back.

Wouldn’t THAT put the NPS Police in a quandry, eh?

Hmmmmmm Ideas, ideas.