Report: Occupy D.C. preparing to crash CPAC

posted at 9:30 pm on February 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

And I do mean “crash.”

During a Thursday meeting at McPherson Square, until Saturday the epicenter of the protests, Occupiers brainstormed tactics for shutting down or disrupting the conference, according to a source who was present at the meeting.

The protesters suggested pulling fire alarms in the hotel where the conference will take place, screaming “fire” during conference activities, “glitter-bombing” participants, cutting electrical power, and barricading entrances to the hotel, according to the source, who requested anonymity.

“Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted,” the source told Scribe in an email. Two Occupiers, who the source also identified as members of the New Black Panther Party, “said they would be disappointed if they didn’t get arrested and planned to ‘make it count.’”

The source quoted another protester as saying, “Mitt [Romney] has Secret Service now, but [Newt] Gingrich and [Andrew] Breitbart don’t,” seemingly suggesting that the latter two would not be as heavily guarded.

Plans for infiltration allegedly include staying at the hotel as guests with help from the AFL-CIO (the union denies it) and wearing Ron Paul gear on the theory that no one will be able to tell them apart from typical Paul fans. Lest you doubt that they’re capable of “direct action,” watch the two clips below of Occupy D.C. giving Americans for Prosperity the full Walking Dead treatment back in November. There’s already an “Occupy CPAC” message posted on their website, replete with unparodyable denunciations of a “gathering of bigots, media mouthpieces, corrupt politicians and their one percent elite puppet masters” and its “racist, sexist, patriarchal and exploitative agenda.” They have nothing to lose by going on a rampage, really. The image of the “peaceful Occupier” is long gone, thanks to the Oakland chapter and the sporadic stories of rapes and assaults coming out of the camps last year, and even their friends in entertainment are bored with their crap. If they start a brawl at CPAC, that’s a new round of media coverage for them plus endless atta-boys from leftist trolls online. I only wish this had happened a few weeks ago, just so we’d have the perfect ironic juxtaposition between Occupy thugging out and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz once again using the Tucson shootings that the right had nothing to do with as an excuse to demagogue the right over incivility. Ah well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Will be going, will not be intimidated by punks, will return violence with violence. Police better have this situation under control or we will.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So. In reference to my comment the other night, which are you? The homely broad or the girly-man?

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’m not sure the question is fair. I mean he could be a homely, girly-man who is broad shouldered…

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So they’re going to crash a gathering of people who not only believe in conceal carry, but also in the right of self defense? Good luck with that.

Zaggs on February 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Why isn’t this being blasted all over the MSM? Why isn’t Froma Harrop waxing nostalgic about civility? Why isn’t Nazi Pelosi crying breathlessly about what she saw during the 1960s?

Firefly_76 on February 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

CPAC people should hand out bars of soap and deodorant to the Occupy people.

pearson on February 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Ban video and the press. What happens to occupiers at CPAC, stays at CPAC.

nottakingsides on February 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Remember this: staple your signs to wooden baseball bats.

Bring it to them.

moochy on February 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

You know what would be a real riot?

While all these morons are up trying to crash the convention, have several hundred TEA Party members go and “occupy” the occupy spots in DC and refuse to give them up when the hippies come back.

Wouldn’t THAT put the NPS Police in a quandry, eh?

Hmmmmmm Ideas, ideas.

TKindred on February 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Now that would be some amazing irony :)

We would need to bring some Fabreze and disinfectant though.

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Let them try. But if they do, let them be warned.
We will be armed with tazers and even MORE harmful and scary for them…

….bars of soap.

Handel on February 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

You know the cops arent going to stop them. They are in the pockets of the liberal establishment. Live free or die.

MooCowBang on February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

…I disagree with this.

Marched with Veterans in DC 2006-2007 to counter-protest the “anti-war”/Sheehan/Fonda crowd.

The Police did a bang up job and showed no bias toward the anti-war crowd.
Doesn’t mean there aren’t some bad apples….
….but I saw and experienced first hand how they dealt with the liberal filth that would hurl insults,spit,and try to assault our Veterans.
Not one Police officer took me down or anybody else that we saw for “defending” Veterans and active duty Soldiers (not in uniform) from the “peace loving” liberals.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

MSM headlines:
Occupy Protestor Rushed To Hospital, In Critical Condition After Vicious Beating By 88 Year-Old Republican Claiming “Self-Defense”

Firefly_76 on February 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

CPAC people should hand out project bars of soap and deodorant out of an air cannon to the Occupy people.

pearson on February 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

PXCharon on February 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Just think… In the big, scary city where he lives, he usually has to pay for a spanking.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I’m quite that what anyone who would choose “urban elitist” as his nom de plume pays for, is, mostly, a facade of dignity.

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

If I was worried about my dignity, I wouldn’t be in here mud wrestling with y’all. It’s just a name. I thought I’d apply to myself before you could use it.

I’m sure insecure alpha male wannabes like Curt wouldn’t walk through neighborhoods that my wife walks though every night without his concealed carry permit, but the city isn’t that scary any more. Though our last riot in my neighborhood was 1989, so I take them less lightly than the suburban conservative class.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Goin’ for the gay stuff. How original. And yet, with a name like “Lanceman” you’re so clearly insecure about you’re own orientation. The sooner you come out, the better you’ll feel. I have some good friends who can help you through it.

Would using a Time magazine be too ironic?

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Too little ad sales. Go for “Vanity Fair”.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

How is that gay? Homey broads and girly men exist. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Bunsin2 on February 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Bunsin and Lanceman. There’s a dynamic duo that could make Batman and Robin look positively butch.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Just passing along for those who might have reason to need it:

ProfShadow on February 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Sadly, even that is banned in DC.

Hannibal Smith on February 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Hannibal Smith on February 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Or, I could read the link before replying…

It seems like a de-facto ban, though. Registering pepper spray?!? Come on…

Hannibal Smith on February 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

How is that gay? Homey broads and girly men exist. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You’re right, I misinterpreted “homely broad” as a variation on “effeminate male.”

I take back the trash talk.

City and liberal women, by the way, are wildly more attractive than the women I meet in my journeys through red America.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Occupiers = total (unwashed) tools

Conservchik on February 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Why are you getting upset? YOU chose to come to a conservative site. YOU have several liberal sites you COULD go to, such as DKoz & HuffPo. Why a liberal would want to be here is beyond me. And I can assure you, the chances of you changing anyone’s opinion on anything is precisely nil.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

From a guy who lives and works around DC and is friends with several capitol police and dc police officers, I can tell you two things:

1. DC has zero tolerance for self-defense for the most part;
2. The way the police behaved during the AFP conference and the stuff they let occur outside of that conference was despicable.

F DC and F OWS. CPAC should’ve had the conference across the river in Chantilly, Arlington, or somewhere thereabouts.

Speakeasy on February 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I believe you mis-perceive our perceptions. No one here mistakes you for an elite: real; merely by effect; or just imagined.

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Uh, no they ain’t. As someone who lives in a big city, I can assure you, the Janneane Garafolo/Rachael Maddow types really don’t stand a chance.
And, as someone who lived in Portland,I can tell you that that city is et up with ‘em. They always seem to be angry. Angry liberalism is an ugly thing to behold.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM

M240H on February 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Nor do I, save for the facetious name, claim to be one.

It’s just that by virtue of being a college educated east-coast urban dweller who dislikes Sarah Palin (and goes to Georgetown parties) I somehow get labeled that way. Which I find funny.

Have a good night.

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

..you have to remember Lanceman…

…this is an OWS thread….
…..the same OWS that liberals declared were going to “change the world”…”start a Revolut!on”….
….the same OWS that received massive support from the MSM….and liberals all the way up to the White House.

They have been exposed to be nothing more than a bunch of violent,ignorant,liberals that have no more chance of starting a Revolut!on than Obama does of keeping any of his promises.

liberals like elitist here are having the reality of this failure shoved straight in their faces much like America is having the reality of liberals failed policies exposed in the “blue areas” of this Nation like California,Michigan,and broke a$$ New York.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Haven’t got a concealed carry permit. And the streets your wife walks don’t bother me.

As for walking, I don’t. That’s what I own a car for.

(“Gasp and swoon!” said the liberal. “You mean you deign to come and go as you please, while burning – gulp – FOSSIL FUEL??”)

I really have to wonder about what sort of personality disorder compels a person to frequent a website or other such community of individuals with whom they wholeheartedly disagree. Is it some innate desire to be regarded as a buffoon? Is it the hope that you’ll somehow manage to get someone’s dander up? What kind of person feeds on that sort of thing? I could never imagine going to a liberal site for the sole purpose of trying to annoy people. If there were any sincerity in your claptrap, I might assume you were attempting to convince us of something, but it’s not there. It’s like walking into the local bar with the sole purpose of getting thrown out.

CurtZHP on February 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Wow, this suddenly has me *wanting* to go to CPAC.

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

You may blame the school system (especially in the large cities) and parental apathy which has been increasing since 1955.

Was it John Dewey who stated that their intention was not to give rise to ‘men of letters’?

Educate just enough so as not to question liberalism and only smart enough to be of use to their employers. Ever since we moved from agrarian to industrial economies.

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Why isn’t CPAC being held in a Concealed Carry state?

kurtzz3 on February 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

O/T but hilarious:

Sure N.Y. gets a parade, but Boston gets Butterfingers

On Tuesday, 900 pounds of Butterfingers (8,000 bars) were delivered to Copley Square in Boston — no doubt mocking Wes Welker’s critical drop late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVI.

….Got to love that NY/Boston rivalry.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Remember this: staple tape your signs to wooden aluminum baseball bats.

Bring it to them.

moochy on February 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

FIFY

Laura in Maryland on February 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

“Goin’ for the gay stuff. How original.” Says the hypocritical idiot who then immediately proceeds to ‘go for the gay stuff’ himself – to far greater lengths than the comment that drew the response.

Typical clueless liberal twit.

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have a growing unease that if Obama loses and its close, activist nutters (acorn/big labor etc) in enough states to swing the election his way will challenge the result on grounds of racially-motivated voting rights discrimination, and accept no result that doesnt see Obama re-elected.

A big chunk of the Left/media would love to throw BushvGore back at the Republicans and i am beginning to believe that they simply will not accept a GOP president if they feel they are entitled to their own Florida, which almost every lib in the country does.

Repeated in 3 or four states at once.

With an incumbent refusing to accept defeat instead of an open seat.

If it happens its in battleground states like OH, PA, IN, MI, WI with big cities and labor-dominated leftwing local governments.
I hope it doesnt happen.

Sacramento on February 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Sadly, even that is banned in DC.

Hannibal Smith on February 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

There’s always wasp spray…but nothing repels hippies like body wash and death metal.

Laura in Maryland on February 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Any violence at CPAC should be immediately linked to George Soros and his little punk in the WH. Let’s fire up the cell phone videos.

Hummer53 on February 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Whoa….good point.

I have really started to consider this undying devotion to such hypocrisy and failure by liberals to border on cultism.

…listening to the Pretzel logic of liberals while they defend war….lobbyist…K-street…..natural changes in weather….take money from Wall St. then call it evil…and stay on bended knee to any liberal leader is very much like watching a video clip of a member of Jim Jones People’s Temple.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Why isn’t CPAC being held in a Concealed Carry state?

kurtzz3 on February 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Agree Kurtzz3. Maybe after some of the CPAC crowd gets their unarmed asses kicked they will wise up and move this event out of the DC cesspool and head to Texas

HatfieldMcCoy on February 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Keep telling yourself that if it makes ya feel better.

And wait, did you just say something about your wife out walking the streets at night or something? *scans back up the page*

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Laura in Maryland on February 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

…and job applications.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Laura in Maryland on February 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I think I’m in love… ;>

PXCharon on February 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Something tells me this is all a bluff. These losers really only show up when they have numbers. Yep, this is total b.s. meant to keep everyone on edge. Not buying it.

THE CHOSEN ONE on February 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

MooCowBang on February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

…I disagree with this.

The Police did a bang up job and showed no bias toward the anti-war crowd.
Doesn’t mean there aren’t some bad apples….

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

My concern in this instance is the union angle, however. Sheehan/Fonda & Co. wasn’t a union-driven/organized thing – OWS’s protest of CPAC *is*.

Will union cops do the same bang-up job this time? I hope so.

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

So, if the OWSers wear Ron Paul shirts and CPAC folks wear SEIU shirts, then we get to see video of union thugs beating up Ron Paul supporters. Win! Win!

txhsmom on February 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I hate to claim amazing powers of prescience but I called this before there was an Occupy movement. Remember those flash mob attacks in Milwaukee, at the Wisconsin State Fair, in New York and Philadelphia? Practice, dry runs.

There will be violent disruptions of GOP campaign places and events throughout the year by people claiming complete disassociation from the Democratic Party, yet somehow so well orchestrated and disciplined that these attacks won’t happen in venues where concealed carry is licensed or permitted. Take the Wisconsin State Fair, for example. People who are licensed to carry in Wisconsin are excluded from carry in certain venues and events, one of which includes the Wisconsin State Fair, which in turn means the leadership who organized that supposedly leaderless, disorganized mob actually bothered to check state statutes before selecting a target locale.

To those able-bodied folks attending CPAC, carry solidly built signs with handles constructed of two-by-fours, with the lettered portion of the sign smaller than is usual and constructed of half-inch or better plywood. On these signs paint happy, brightly colored pictures of fuzzy bunnies, unicorns and rainbows. Talk it over beforehand with other like-minded folks and ring the periphery of every gathering. When you see major news network camera crews gathering nearby for no discernible reason, be ready.

What we’re going to experience this election year–what we’re about to experience–is the Chicago Machine writ large. The police will not help you.

troyriser_gopftw on February 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Will union cops do the same bang-up job this time? I hope so.

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Legitimate concern.
If the OWS had not gone so far off the tracks and had more Union participation on the streets…..I think there would certainly be bias and favoritism.
….Wisconsin was a great example of the police aiding and abetting this violent liberal activism.

But liberals hitched their wagons to the OWS hoping for an inspiring movement that the Unions were supposed to help ride to massive support in the streets (like the anti-war movement did when democrats exploited our troops sacrifice and bravery for political gain)……only to watch it blow up so badly that even Pelosi and her district are running from it.

DC actually bragged about wanting the Occupy Movement to come there to stay, only to turn around and clear it out when it became a determent to the democrats agenda.
Now that they are not able to help democrats win elections…they are expendable (like Sheehan) and will be treated as such.

Baxter Greene on February 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Propaganda in America

Wilson set the table by passing the Espionage Act in 1917 and the Sedition Act in 1918. Those laws empowered government to suppress and punish “disloyalty and subversion” and ban all “seditious” materials from the mail. Seditious materials included anything that might “impugn the motives of the government.”….

Once everything was set in motion, here’s what happened:
• The Justice Department prepared lists of aliens considered dangerous and attempted to register all male and female German aliens. By the end of the war, the U.S. government had arrested more than 4,000 aliens on charges ranging from espionage to making pro-German statements in public. Prison barracks were established at military bases around the country
• The California Board of Education, for example, banned the teaching of German in the public schools, calling it “a language that disseminates the ideals of autocracy, brutality and hatred.” The states of Iowa and Nebraska banned instruction of any foreign language in the schools
• In Cincinnati, the public library was asked to withdraw all German books from its shelves
• The Red Cross barred people with German names from working with the organization
• German names were scrubbed from buildings and streets; Schmidt became Smith; Muller became Miller
• In Minnesota, a minister was tarred and feathered because he was overheard praying with a dying woman in German. In southern Illinois, a man was lynched in 1918 for no apparent reason except he happened to be of German descent; the organizers of the lynch mob were acquitted by a jury which insisted that what they had done was a patriotic act
• In 1917, private volunteers (with the open endorsement of the attorney general of the United States) formed the American Protective League (APL). Attorney General Thomas Gregory called the APL: “A patriotic organization… assisting the heavily overworked federal authorities in keeping an eye on disloyal individuals and making reports on disloyal utterances.”
By the end of the war, the organization had 250,000 members who defined their mission as spying on their neighbors, eavesdropping on suspicious conversations, intercepting and opening mail and telegrams of people suspected of disloyalty and reporting to the authorities any evidence of disenchantment with the war effort. Other, similar groups included the National Security League, the American Defense Society and the Boy Spies of America (modeled after the Boy Scouts).

Speakup on February 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Damn, now I wish I could go. Nothing better than curb-stomping little trust-fund prog hipsters, especially when it’s self defense and non-prosecuteable.

To anybody fellow cons/libertarians who are going: a padlock with a handkerchief tied around the hasp can do 1d6+2 damage to the undead at melee range and isn’t considered a concealed weapon in most jurisdictions. Be careful on the backswing to avoid collateral damage.

Walter Sobchak on February 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Red Scum Rising. And ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, et cetera, is NOWHERE to be seen. They smeared the law-abiding Tea Party movement, but they allow this filth to ride.

Okay. We know where we stand.

minnesoter on February 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Bring on the tear gas, handcuffs, and buses for protestors.

TX-96 on February 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Just remember when it comes to self defense that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 and I will leave it at that.

bbinfl on February 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Zaggs on February 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

This.

nukemhill on February 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Now you’re just lying. Lefty broads are just butt-ugly. And none too clean. But they are easy.

Solaratov on February 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

CPAC organizers need to hold a press conference on the Capitol steps to insist on police protection against attacks.

Those who are physically attacked have the right to defend themselves, but we must remember that being too aggressive about it will allow the legacy media to turn the story. Don’t do it.

Adjoran on February 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Adjoran on February 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Well maybe the members of the media need their ass whipped too. That’s the least of what they deserve for being traitors to the country and aiding and abetting the criminals who are raping this country.

bbinfl on February 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It’s come to this.

Allendundit on February 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Typical clueless liberal twit.

Midas on February 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hilarious. He sees gay slurs where they don’t exist, then proceeds to intimate that Lanceman is gay. How “tolerant” of him.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Wish I was going. If anyone wants to send me, I’ll go. I need a release. I would love to stare them down right in their face and dare them to do something.

John Kettlewell on February 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

There you are.

Lanceman on February 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Ugliest thing on the planet is a liberal… stupidest thing, too…

Wolftech on February 8, 2012 at 5:12 AM

OWS (Other-Worldly Scum) shouldn’t have the advantage of tactics or of organization over CPAC supporters. If there is a chance of OWS co-opting of police or of news organizations (a given), then a fog of war could be introduced before herding the enemy into confinement to neutralize them.

trl on February 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM

The occu-mob is still going berserk in Portland. Here is video of their latest efforts at community service

Dollayo on February 8, 2012 at 6:00 AM

urban elitist on February 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Ahh but which one is which?

Actually I had no dog in this fight I just thought the form of the question was unfair given that the answer dictated an either or scenario.

Love thy neighbor and all. :)

Bunsin2 on February 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM

They should have moved CPAC to Virginia. IMHO, the Mayor of Washington, D.C., Vincent Grey is an incompetent lefty corrupt squish. IMHO,the Chief of Police is an incompetent bimbo and the police force has been run down and demoralized over the last 30 years.

Anyone going to this conference had better be well armed with mace, a taser or something.The authorities won’t help.

Spots the Dog on February 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Three comments:

First, this is the same group that pushed people in front of cars and threw an 80 something woman down concrete stairs during the Americans for Prosperity event. Take their threat of physical violence seriously and don’t believe for one second organized labor is not abetting these thugs.

Second, For those of you visiting DC, please go by McPherson Square and see what this vermin did to a park that had just been re-habbed with half a million of TARP taxpayer dollars.

Finally, CPAC should demand just as much police protection gratis as the Metropolitan PD and Park Service provided to allow the Occupy people to squat on public property for months. Not one participant in CPAC should be glitter bombed or be violently attacked considering the months of allowing the rats to take over McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza (not to mention the Occcupods that were also in the encampments).

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Spots the Dog on February 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Just so you know:

Residents and visitors to DC may want to ensure their own safety by carrying a non lethal self defense device such as pepper spray or a MACE brand chemical spray. These personal security items may be purchased in the state, but before a citizen may legally possess any type of safety spray they must first register the weapon at a local police station. This allows law enforcement officers to know exactly who is carrying any type of defense spray and to help make sure they are used in a lawful manner. Only people who are 18 years or older may purchase and register a canister of spray on their own, but anyone 14 or older may do so as long as they have the permission of a parent or legal guardian.

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I live here.

Nothing is more worthless than a DC cop.

crash72 on February 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Brownshirts.

logis on February 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

pearson on February 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Heh. Just like at baseball games with the T-shirts. Or have hawt chicks give outside the event travel-size hygiene products-sample day!

ProudPalinFan on February 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Be careful, D. C. is nothing but one big left wing enclave and scum like “Occupy” believe they are immune from confrontation by a sympathetic local police force.

rplat on February 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I live here.

Nothing is more worthless than a DC cop.

crash72 on February 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I would argue that there are 535 members of Congress that are more worthless. And BTW, give DC cops a break. Compared to what the force is like now compared to when Marion Barry was mayor, the force is downright professional.

Happy Nomad on February 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Shades of Kent State…they are hoping for a few martyrs…

right2bright on February 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Occupy @ CPAC? But of course, who is really surprised that the CPAC convention is the target for the disgruntled to crash. Crashing parties is Occupy’s forte, acting like parasitic leaches, too cheap to host their own convention. CPAC had better confirm from the local police dept. exact protocol before getting set-up for media propaganda to be used against GOP Candidates, “insensitive” or “out of touch” with poverty.

I protest the Washington D.C. latest rape of the US Citizen tax payers. Reflect what a cage around a government building (education!) says about the alliance that “won” WWII. Irony, at best. Truly pathetic statement.

EISENHOWER “MONUMENT” is planned to wrap the Dept. of Education Bldg. in a chain-link 60Ft. high concrete pillar fence. Hell, Eisenhower’s American forces liberated the Holocaust “Arbeit Macht Frei” extermination camps.

Gehry’s proposed basketball-court sized metal mesh screens hung between massive concrete posts over 60 feet tall would be an uncivil, brutal insult to the classical city envisioned by Pierre L’Enfant and our nation’s founders.

Heh, the status quo is hell bent on protecting the socialist Dept. of Education from being eliminated, though this “modernist” art for its own sake should be required to fund itself on private property, certainly not forcing tax payers and US Citizens to memorialize General/POTUS Eisenhower through a bigger is better Iron Curtain aesthetic. Evidently, modernism has gone revisionist to be absurd, shedding all aesthetic ties to Classical Liberalism, entirely reliant on socialist design to deface what trappings of Classicism exists. Well, if “containment” of communism is what our taxes fund to commemorate from the Domino Theory (Korea), don’t build it on my dime.

Regarding the construction of 60ft.tall fences, spend that money protecting our Southern Border.

The point of a National Memorial for Eisenhower should do as Lincoln’s and Jefferson’s, emblazon Ike’s departing warning to America in bronze or stone. That Ike’s presidential legacy included the national highway system construction, and the cultivation of nuclear domestic energy, I could understand a “flyover” homage surrounding a domed memorial that reflects the atom’s structure.

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Carry a big Boombox to respond back to shouts – recorded message that repeats the name “Rev. Jeremiah Wright” over and over again. Perhaps slip in a recording of a Rev. Jeremiah Wright message between his name. Make that a BIG Boombox.

Karmi on February 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM

And BTW, give DC cops a break.

Yes. Considering the absolute corruption of government officials, and the extreme crime from street thugs, support your DC cops who respond to emergency calls.

CPAC needs a contractual agreement with the DC Police, Mayor before the trouble starts. If CPAC requires its own security forces to guard its Convention, coordinated legal agreements with the local authorities needs to be in writing. Verify.

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Carry a big Boombox to respond back to shouts

As if the promotion of insanity is the purpose of the CPAC. No.

If one invests in a mechanical gimmick, counter noise with its opposite wave length and achieve “silence”. (however that works)

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM

CPAC Convention Management:

Hire a High School all star marching band to post outdoors (good weather) playing John Philip Sousa Americana at its finest.

Counter youth with youth. Some youth believe in hard work and exercise their freedom to express themselves while earning their way through life.

If it’s to be a media blitz of who tramples the “rights” of youth in America, make certain to project the youth who earn their own respect and public respect by being hard working individuals who have exercised coordination for outstanding results together. High School marching bands are the answer to the public image “problem” that CPAC opponents plan to spam.

Any personal attack against a responsible high school band member is not going to be supported by the MSM. If/when the Occupy vagrants verbally accost a high school marching band, whatever public sympathetic strings that Occupy tugs will be cut off.

maverick muse on February 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM

CPAC could come to Montana for their next meet up. You don’t need no stinkin’ piece of paper. We open carry. Since these occupy goons have advertised their intent, the police have no excuses for not protecting citizens at CPAC. Looks like the only happy outcome will be for the lawyers.

Kissmygrits on February 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM

And BTW, give DC cops a break.

I survived Marion Barry and all successors. DC cops are corrupt and lazy. Always have been. Always will be. Pathetic waste of tax dollars.

Respectfully

crash72 on February 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM

You know what’s not illegal in DC?
Sprays up to 10 feet. I have a can at my front door, just in case.

YTZGal on February 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Oh really? I think some ODC weenies are going to get their a$$es kicked.

Ward Cleaver on February 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

You know what’s not illegal in DC?
Sprays up to 10 feet. I have a can at my front door, just in case.

YTZGal on February 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

This stuff works better:

B-12 Chemtool® Carburetor, Choke and Throttle Body Cleaner

The wasps are dead before they hit the ground.

Ward Cleaver on February 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Zaggs on February 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Keep in mind that this is DC. Regardless of whether or not someone believes in their right to carry concealed, it’s practically impossible to get a concealed carry permit in DC.

The CPACers will have to rely on other means of self defense. I would suggest a good tactical knife.

UltimateBob on February 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Couldn’t this be called, “conspiracy to commit terrorism”?

How many years of free room & board does that get you?

taznar on February 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

“Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted.”

And Occupiers will be tossed into jails–which I hope are filthy rat’n’roach infested water-dripping-wet dank cold Mexican-prison-like. Gee, will it be like Grant Park Chicago August 1968 all over again?

stukinIL4now on February 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

“…but, but, but, I won’t get my AIDS medicine in jail. They’ve got my hands tied behind my back for hours…Whhaaaaa!!!” – average Occu-pud

They’ll not last 1 hour in jail before the Lawyers get them out on some menial civil charge.
Didn’t they mention the New BP Party in on the action? Involved in the voting process again?!!

The ‘Pubs will roll over, nothing will be done!!

askwhatif on February 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Bunsin2 on February 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Sheesh no posting before noon for me..

Bunsin2 on February 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM

tear gas, firehoses, zip-ties, billy clubs, bull-horns and paddy-wagons.

This would be a great money-maker as a PPV event.

Sounds like I’m going to need an ample supply of good popcorn. Let the madness begin!

maineconservative on February 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM

The organizers should hire Blackwater troops to guard the event.

Al-Ozarka on February 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM