Quotes of the day; Update: Santorum speech added

posted at 10:41 pm on February 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

“By defeating Mitt Romney in the Missouri primary on Tuesday, Rick Santorum nursed the niggling perception that the frontrunner for the Republican nomination has yet to close the deal with conservative voters…

“‘Tonight’s victory should put to bed the idea that the Republican nomination for Mitt Romney is inevitable,’ said Stuart Roy, an advisor to the super-PAC backing Santorum that ran television ads on his behalf in Missouri.”

***

“At this point in the presidential race, it’s about expectations and momentum. And the perceptions of both have changed post-Missouri at least somewhat.

“By winning in Missouri, Santorum proved three things:

“1) That Romney can lose

“2) That he can beat Romney head-to-head under the right set of circumstances

“3) That this race isn’t yet over

“Santorum is not a front-runner yet; that’s still clearly Romney. But the former Pennsylvania senator did do something to call into question Romney’s coronation.”

***

“On Saturday, a lot of people were wondering how much longer Rick Santorum would stay in the Republican presidential race. Tonight, he has won Missouri and likely Minnesota and he’s reemerged as the leading conservative alternative to Mitt Romney. Momentum, conventional wisdom holds, is now on his side. But if there’s one thing we’ve learned so far in this volatile 2012 race, it’s that momentum isn’t as powerful a force as it used to be…

“After Santorum won Iowa, he had underwelming performances in successive contests in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada. By contrast, Gingrich finished fourth in both Iowa and New Hamphsire and was dead in the water heading into South Carolina. But he came back to trounce Romney there, who had been coming off his huge win in New Hampshire. Despite being blown out in South Carolina, Romney bounced back to run away with the race in Florida and Nevada, and some people expected him to run the table in February. Yet here comes Santorum again.”

***

“As the caucuses and primaries pick up pace, with Colorado and Minnesota taking center stage today, many are wondering whether the initial enthusiasm surrounding the Republican race is waning, given the remarkably low turnout in the Nevada caucuses, which came and went with little fanfare…

“In both Florida and Nevada, turnout dropped sharply from 2008. Florida saw nearly 280,000 fewer voters in its primary last week, while more than 11,000 fewer voters turned out to vote in Nevada on Saturday compared to four years ago. Mitt Romney won both states by a landslide.

“Some observers say the declining interest is a reflection of the lack of enthusiasm for the former Massachusetts governor.”

***

“What it did not mention was that caucus turnout dropped precipitously from the 2008 contest, and that Romney did not perform as well on Saturday as he did then.

“Ryan Erwin, Romney’s consultant in Nevada, put it this way, ‘This year, the excitement is different: This isn’t about going to Disneyworld; it’s about paying your mortgage.’

“Maybe so, but in Florida and New Hampshire, the former Massachusetts governor’s favorability ratings have declined as negative campaigning in the GOP primary has raged.”

***

“‘I feel great that Minnesota is going to change the direction of this race tonight,’ Santorum told supporters at a Tuesday afternoon rally in Blaine, Minn. ‘Governor Romney’s been able to bully his way through this primary . . . but he’s not inspiring. He’s not painting the vision.’”

***

***

***

Update: “Conservatism is alive and well.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Spelling police? I have a nerve disorder..using 2 fingers to type. Get over yourself.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Oh, just a little payback for being called silly.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Rick lacks gravitas. His facial expressions are not those of a president. He gets too emotionally swayed by the situation to be considered a typical example.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:08 AM

That’s nothing a few judicious Botox injections couldn’t fix, though. Think about that Satyriasis Poster Boy, JFK, though. Remember what he sounded like? I think the American public can get used to anything.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

A suit of armor Santorum will need, starting tomorrow.

More important, WE must understand the psychological principle of INOCULATION, and prep the battlefield in advance.

Chart out the attacks Santorum will come under, bring them up, and present the defense in advance. This is much more effective than presenting the defense after the shit has hit the fan.

Some expamples…
Think it out yourselves, but the biggest straw man is that he’s for “big govt.” Don’t buy it, but much more important is that we, as supporters of Santorum, point out that this specific attack will be launched by Romney & ads & surrogates, and that it is bogus. In other words: inoculate. For example, on this issue, Rick expressed support for earmarks, but he did so in the context of a confident conservative stating the truth: that earmarks are a meager allotment compared to the true monster of entitlements.
On social issues is where the sharpest knives will come out. For the most part, he has the same position as Romney. Against contraception? Out of context baloney — state that now before the opposition calls it in. Too extreme on abortion? … This is true, but spin a defense if you can think of one.

anotherJoe on February 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Yikes. That’s what my 80-year old father says. Surely you’re in better shape than that. Okay, Mitt Romney just lost the Colorado primary to Rick Santorum. Am I asleep?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

No, this is great. It’s in everyone’s interest to drag out the primaries as long as possible. Yes, there is a temporary loss of likability, but that gets compensated by Obama not having a clear target, plus moving everyone in the conservative direction.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

IL Immigration wise? Hope so- I know that’s all u care about. Top 5 of mine but your all over that I gather.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Oh, no, I’m very, very glad. I just can’t believe CO, too.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I’m definitely in better shape than a typical 80-year old. Not by much, but every little bit counts. And way to go Ricky, you can wear big boy pants NOW!

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Nah, msm will tear Rick up. Politics aint fair buddy. I don’t like Ricky either.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM

And MSM won’t tear Romney up? That can’t be the standard.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Congratulations to all the Santorum supporters on these three wins. Time for me to crash. Do me a favor, keep an eye out for the gilled ones take. You know because she has the final say in all of this. And we will like it./

Bmore on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Oh, no. Now I’m starting to feel sorry for Mitt. How disappointed he and his family must all be. It must feel like it’s all starting to slip away. Just think how differently this might have played out if only he’d been the governor of a red state and been able to tack right from the beginning…

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Oh, just a little payback for being called silly.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Your a big man. btw..your still silly. I see you have no class. Just childish.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Well Rick has done SOMETHING lately, he seems less like a little boy who is always frustrated with something.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

And MSM won’t tear Romney up? That can’t be the standard.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

No they will. Except some don’t think so.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

That’s good to know and yes, now we’ll see if Ricky can handle the pressure. He was a U.S. Senator, you know. I can’t believe he was born in 1958. I wonder what he uses on his skin?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

He is not as strong as Romney’s EXPRESSED position, but barely good enough for me. He falls apart on this topic when questioned repeatedly, unlike his favorite anti-gay positions, but I can’t imagine him being a pro-illegal activist.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Your a big man. btw..your still silly. I see you have no class. Just childish.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Why are you picking a fight with Igor now? How many of those beers have you had, bazil?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I wonder what he uses on his skin?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

He slinks into the wife’s bathroom at night and uses her Oil of Olay.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Snap out of it

JPeterman on February 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

If Obama was to the right of Jim DeMint, he would have made one heck of a President. You can’t feel sorry about anyone in politics. You have to treat them like farm animals and just think about which one is better for the job. They always treat YOU like animals whose job is just to vote for them, so that’s fair.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

So you’re somewhat in the pro-choice corner, leaning towards gay marriage, fiscally conservative and an immigration hawk, is that about right?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Your a big man. btw..your still silly. I see you have no class. Just childish.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Well the payback was before I knew it was caused by a neurological disorder, if that helps.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

S

nap out of it

JPeterman on February 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Okay, okay. LOL That transvestite always makes me laugh.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

No they will. Except some don’t think so.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Mitt is just being set up like a bowling pin to be knocked down. “Can you trust this flip-flopper?”

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Of course I know that one an objective level, but these are real people that we’re dealing with and the Romneys seem genuinely nice. For genetically-engineered billionaire cult members, I mean. KIDDING! JUST KIDDING!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

You being serious? I have a nerve problem and type with 2 fingers. Don’t want your sympathy-just telling the truth. He came back with that..was rude. Spelling police here is stupid. I had a couple beers. No biggie. Not drunk my friend.
I also don’t need to explain myself.

GN

Thx Bmore and Forest for the music talk.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I also don’t need to explain myself.

GN

Thx Bmore and Forest for the music talk.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

No, no! I was just kidding! He was rude and deserved to be slapped down forthwith! I’m on your side entirely!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Oh my, the Fox panel is besides themselves.

Total shock!

JPeterman on February 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM

He just stays out of the sun when not campaigning. He can handle the pressure all right, he’s been in politics a long time.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I don’t have a neurological disorder. Still being the spelling police is lame. You are a waste of my time.

Later.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Yes, he’s very pale. I’m pale too. It does help prevent wrinkles. Igor, tell me the truth: do you think all this is futile because there’s no way Obama is going to lose?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Thx girl. All good. Share some music with me some day. Bmore thinks we got the hookup.
Good night-and prayers for your sister in law.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I am against gay marriage, and I literally don’t care about abortions. I don’t like the topic because it’s boring to me and there is no way to decide logically if you are not religious. Otherwise you got it right.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Later.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I think he meant it ironically.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I can’t believe Santorum won all three. Holy crap!

Not unhappy, just stunned.

Malachi45 on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Good night-and prayers for your sister in law.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

If you’re still here…

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I can’t stop playing this.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I think he meant it ironically.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

He meant it to be a dick. It aint my brain. enough said. Beat his ass in chess for me okay?

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I’m sure he’d be as disappointed as Newt, or Michelle Bachmann, or Obama if he loses, or Hafez Assad right before he is hung from a lamppost or any number of people. They all get disappointed when they lose. But yes, I like Mitt on a personal level, to the best of my knowledge.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Not to be tiresome, but even as a secular humanist you should be able to see that abortion is a heinous crime against humanity.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

LOL You know he’s Russian, right? Slavs have a mean streak a mile wide. Oh, and I’ll beat him. I’m playing the long game here. ;-)

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Chances are slightly greater than 50% that he loses.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Congratulations to Santorum, and good speech! I prefer Ron Paul by a fair margin but Santorum is better than Romney and Newt I think.

FloatingRock on February 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Geez, I got a nerve disorder confused with a neurological disorder. I didn’t mean to imply you were crazy or something. Talk about being a dick!

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Shh..your showing all your moves here. Stay behind the shadows :)

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yes, he’s very pale. I’m pale too.
cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Santorum has been sick with a really bad cold, he said he caught it from Bella.

JPeterman on February 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

On a personal level, I am against them, but not when it’s known that the fetus suffers from a major birth defect. When it is healthy, it’s a kind of murder, but I don’t consider it the same type of murder as that of a sentient being, which I don’t think a fetus is.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Chances are slightly greater than 50% that he loses.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Well that was certainly noncommittal. If Obama does get re-elected, how bad do you think it would be? 1984 Orwellian bad? Or just Jimmy Carter malaisian bad?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I am a bitch- get it right. Your still an ass. I was polite to you many times. No more. Sure you don’t care. Ignore me. I will do the same. Carry on.

Eh, deal with Cyn..hahahaha

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Well, it was big of you to apologize. Now, no hard feelings necessary!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Really bad. He plans to end this country in it’s recognizable form.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

AB Stoddard said that if Romney doesn’t excite the base, “conservatives will stay home in November, and Romney will lose.”

But that’s wrong.
Sure, conservatives will vote, but little more. This election will be about money. We need an excited base to raise the HUGE $$$ required to beat O. I think that is the biggest argument for Santorum. He will excite the base, and so raise much more money than Romney.

Money $$$ = Victory.
Lack of Money $$$ = Defeat.
Santorum can raise the $$$.
Romney can’t raise enough money!

anotherJoe on February 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

FloatingRock on February 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I am close to joining you but I can’t. I respect your stance. Your consistent.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

FloatingRock on February 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I hope so. But there’s still a good chance this will signify nothing in the long run. He should have more money after tomorrow, though. He’s going to be at our Lincoln Day Dinner on the 18th. What should I ask him?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Well, it was big of you to apologize. Now, no hard feelings necessary!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I rarely have hard feelings, it’s not a big deal.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

No. He is an ass. And get it right-I am a bitch..not a dick. Your the dick.

Your on ignore from now on.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Don’t panic, because I’m not trying to trick you or anything, but a) you’re a little younger than I am, right? and b) you don’t have any children yet, do you? These things inform your views on abortion, even if you don’t realize it or want to acknowledge that they do.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Really bad. He plans to end this country in it’s recognizable form.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

:-( Gee, that’s not what I was hoping you would say. Why do I get the increasing feeling that we’re going to get 4 more years of him?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I rarely have hard feelings, it’s not a big deal.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I have replied but the filter is delaying.

Not a big deal to me..you are an anonymous nobody that I am wasting time on.

Lets just agree to ignore each other.

Later dayz bro. Vodka or something. ha.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Ha-ha, as you know Cyn I will not confirm or deny any personal information. My views are shaped by many things, they are not random or due to the lack of thinking, even though I don’t like the topic.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Really bad. He plans to end this country in it’s recognizable form.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Also, you know there’s no apostrophe in the possessive form of its, right? :-O I’m sorry; I had to, just once.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Because he ignores the law and the media determined to get him elected. Those are hard obstacle to overcome for anyone.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

:D

I just had to Igor.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I know that; otherwise I wouldn’t ask you what you thought. But there is no denying that your perspective changes as your situation in life changes.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Not a big deal to me..you are an anonymous nobody that I am wasting time on.

Lets just agree to ignore each other.

Later dayz bro. Vodka or something. ha.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

You seem to go out of your way to try to offend me, a simple request to not communicate would do, but I’ll be happy to oblige. You are gone from this world as far as I’m concerned.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I really do know, I don’t make this mistake consistently. I know it’s one of those that correlates with general illiteracy.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I haven’t seen as much of that on this topic. People’s opinions on it are pretty stable from what I’ve seen.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I was only teasing you! Don’t cut me now! LOL

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I was only teasing you! Don’t cut me now! LOL

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I haven’t cut a single person who hasn’t asked me to, and even then I attempt to try to communicate once or twice. You are in no danger.

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM

When I was growing up, it was just a given thing, like ‘hey girls, you always have this as a safety valve if you need it.’ Of course it’s not like we discussed it at home. When I was older I learned more about it, saw photos and videos, etc. and I was absolutely appalled. It seemed like something that Joseph Mengele must have come up with. Now that I am a mother myself, of course it blows my mind that it’s even a possibility. I would most likely rush into traffic to save a stray dog, what wouldn’t I do to save an innocent, helpless little person?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

LOL Sure, you’ll just disappear one day when we begin to bore you!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM

“Nerve problem” and “neurological disorder” mean the same thing :)

High fives all around.

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Well that’s one way to look at it, but why not expect everyone to have as many kids as they possibly can? I understand that “life begins at conception”, but what about all those potential lives???

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

“Nerve problem” and “neurological disorder” mean the same thing :)

High fives all around.

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well, sure now you tell us. Ha ha. I think the distinction being made was between nerve damage to the hand versus brain damage, though.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Offend? LOL. Sure. play the victim. Your a sweet commenter here and all.

Cool- end of our comments. Whew..weight off my back.

Smirnoff! heh.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

between nerve damage to the hand versus brain damage, though.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

You would be right. hell, your damned if you explain things here or don’t. Thx Cyn.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Cyncook, yes, yes, of course. Just trying to lighten things up :)

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

“Nerve problem” and “neurological disorder” mean the same thing :)

High fives all around.

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

We go back Mikey..cant believe you said that.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Um. You know I’m Catholic, right? Seriously, though. You owe it to your children to provide the best home possible for them. We have 4 and the window is swiftly closing as to whether there will be one more. But we’ve planned it out carefully. On the other hand, I know a family with 16 children. They’re all beautiful and healthy. So it worked for them. It’s possible to control one’s fertility without running up a casualty number, you know.

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I am sorry Mikey.

Gee, never will say a damn personal thing here again.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Cyncook, yes, yes, of course. Just trying to lighten things up :)

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

LOL Thanks, Mikey. Who’s the boss?

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I understand that. My point was about valuing life in general. If you value it so much, why not create as many as possible? But in any case, this argument is less winnable than the God/no God argument and I must go now. Good night!

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

His son. :)

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Gosh, bazil, I didn’t mean anything insulting. Sorry if it came across like that.

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

cynccook

Thx I think.

Have a good night.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Igor R. on February 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Goodnight. And that is the position of my church, to create as many lives as possible. In the most general terms possible, I would like to wish you a good day for tomorrow. May it be filled with those unspecified things and people which make you happiest.

:-D

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

No sir, we go back..you just don’t remember outside here. Sorry, was on guard.

Take care man. No worries.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Thx I think.

Have a good night.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:11 AM

LOL Good night. Have a great day tomorrow!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

LOL Good night. Have a great day tomorrow!

cynccook on February 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

You too miss thing.

bazil9 on February 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Now you have me thinking, bazil. Wish you all good things, in any case :)

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM

So it’s Santorum then? Everyone here is genuinely happy with Santorum as our flag-bearer?

Really?

Fabozz on February 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I know I had roots in PA when this guy was in the senate. They are running to the last guy they don’t really know. It might cost them in an election even though he might be able to bring along the base. He will turn off the center.

We shall see what he is made of. It will be interesting since I haven’t seriously considered this guy as President.

lexhamfox on February 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Congrats to Santorum..:)

PS..A couple of things worry me…(1) The voter turnout has been dismal to say the least..And I don’t understand why..:(
(2) There are some really strange comments being made on HA..(See Open Election Thread)..:(

Dire Straits on February 8, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Where on open thread, my fellow Knopfler fan?

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 3:04 AM

mikeyboss on February 8, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Try the last 4 pages..You should see what I mean..:)

Dire Straits on February 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM

O/T,Another Occupier Horror story!
__________________________________

Occupy Pittsburgh ‘Spokesman’ Arrested for Failing to Register as a Sex Offender
Added: 7 hours ago Occurred On: Feb-7-2012

===============================================

Occupy Pittsburgh Protestor Arrested For Megan’s Law Violation
February 6, 2012 10:01 PM
*************************

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:33 AM

and morning joe will begin their bashing in short order…

and will mika will backtrack on her defense of the WH? hmmmm

cmsinaz on February 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM

O/T,Hopey/Changey Flippenzee/Floppenzee on Super Paks!
_______________________________________________________

’07: Obama ‘Outside Group’ Donors (aka Super Pacs)
Added: 10 hours ago
********************
********************

While running as a candidate in Iowa, Obama railed against 527′s and said that
someone can’t be against them one day and for them the next.
(Video-1:24)

———————————————-

Obama campaign reverses stance, urges donations to super PAC

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012, 11:51 p.m. from firstread.msnbc.msn.com
===========================

Obama campaign reverses stance, urging donations to super PAC
1 day ago
*********

President Obama’s re-election campaign made an about-face late Monday in its opposition to super PACs, encouraging donors to send their unlimited contributions to one such group founded by a former administration spokesman.

Obama campaign manager Jim Messina emailed supporters to formally endorse contributions to Priorities USA, the Democratic super PAC founded by Bill Burton, a former White House deputy press secretary.

“With so much at stake, we can’t allow for two sets of rules in this election whereby the Republican nominee is the beneficiary of unlimited spending and Democrats unilaterally disarm,” Messina wrote on the campaign’s blog. “Therefore, the campaign has decided to do what we can, consistent with the law, to support Priorities USA in its effort to counter the weight of the GOP Super PAC.”

The decision represents a stark reversal for Obama, who has been among the most vocal critics of these outside political spending groups since the Supreme Court’s 2010 ruling that paved the way for the rise of super PACs.
(More…)
==========

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM

big time flip flop

superpacs for gop bad
superpacs for dems very good…

cmsinaz on February 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM
big time flip flop

superpacs for gop bad
superpacs for dems very good…

cmsinaz on February 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM

cmsinaz:

I think,Obama is very,very,worried,crap,I gots to turn on MSLSD,make new tea,be back!!:)

canopfor on February 8, 2012 at 5:56 AM