Video: The sadly obligatory “Brady’s wife consoles him after a crushing defeat” clip

posted at 10:16 pm on February 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

I feel duty bound to post it, partly because you guys are pushing 300 comments in the earlier thread and partly because it bugs me that people were attacking her for, of all things, asking friends to pray for Brady on his big day. (“Disgustingly sappy,” sniffed the Post.) My assumption about her before this week was that she probably barely knew what football was — couldn’t be bothered to follow it, didn’t care what happened to Brady’s team, knew that he was a big star and that that’s all that matters. I.e. stereotypical aloof model. Turns out she cares enough that she’s e-mailing friends to send him good vibes, went to the game to cheer him on, defended him when some drunk started taunting her about him losing to the Giants again, and then rushed to give him this little pep talk after he finally emerged from his catatonic state after the game. That’s … kind of nice, right? Nicer than you’d expect, at least? I know we’re supposed to hate them both to pieces for being amazing-looking and fantastically rich and successful, but even as a Jets fan I can’t quite muster the loathing. Second look at amazing-looking, fantastically rich and successful people?

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

When did HotAir become such a nasty place? People here really get their hate on for the dumbest things about others that none of us know.

Renwaa on February 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Yep.

Abiss on February 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Wait . . . I need to stick my finger down my throat.

rplat on February 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I don’t hate Tom Brady. Actually, this is the first time in years I actually cared about the Super Bowl. I was rooting for a Manning-Tebow Bowl, but I’m glad the Giants won anyway. My joy will come when I get to gloat when I attend a weekend party in Massachusetts later this month.

hadsil on February 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

She showed more class here than when she blamed Patriots receivers for dropping the effin’ ball. They did catch 27 of Brady’s passes, according to game statistics.

I’m not a Patriots fan, but Tom Brady is a great quarterback and a classy guy. His team was slightly outplayed by the Giants last Sunday, and Tom Brady wasn’t happy about it, but he was a good sport about it…better than she was.

Let’s face it, the teams playing the Super Bowl are the two best teams out of 32 in the league that year, and one of them will lose. A great quarterback with a great team can lose a Super Bowl.

Steve Z on February 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM

but even as a Jets fan I can’t quite muster the loathing.

Geez, hate the Giants that much? Heck, back in 1986 I was happy the Mets won. Because it meant Boston lost. As a New Yorker you have to root against Boston no matter the sport.

rbj on February 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Personally, it’s east coast…so who gives a flying f? Brady’s a great QB. That’s the way it is.

I don’t watch the Super Bowl, like the playoffs, but this? nah.

I can’t deal with the contest the announcers have, you know “I can fit more choad in my mouth than you can” contest.

LtT26 on February 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Renwaa on February 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM

What we have here is a failure to communicate. For an overwrought reply originating 3:53 AM that is not surprising.

Not that it is worthy of much time replying… but if the Patriot’s spouse can win as a team she can lose as a team. When miss supermodel ranted about how those other players on the team were at fault that was childish, at best. If the Patriots had eked out a win would her shallow ranting against those other team mates have be the same? Not likely.

That is the difference of money and fame versus class and should you be unable to distinguish the difference perhaps you should attain more of the latter.

viking01 on February 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

He got rid of Tebow and kept us from having amateur night. God bless him.

IlikedAUH2O on February 8, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Jets fans loathing someone? With a Ryan coaching your team, you must understand that your guys have the mental ability of the Dukes of Hazard in charge, so don’t loathe.

IlikedAUH2O on February 8, 2012 at 3:10 AM

He got rid of Tebow and kept us from having amateur night. God bless him.

IlikedAUH2O on February 8, 2012 at 3:01 AM

And in doing so lost the Superbowl. I always thought New England put too much into that defeat of Denver. They were gasping for air against Baltimore and if one referee call or that field goal would have been right, Tommie and Gisele would have been watching the game from their home, with Tommie Bradying on the floor.

itsspideyman on February 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM