Erick Erickson’s endorsement: Sweet Meteor of Death 2012; Update: Audio added

posted at 9:45 pm on February 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

This is pretty much where I’m at too, so go ahead and co-sign me to it.

I thought about Medically Induced Coma, but in the end concluded that she’s not up to the demands of the job. Besides, let’s face it: SMOD will crush Obama in the debates.

Influential conservative blogger Erick Erickson said he would endorse the “sweet meteor of death” over any of the current GOP candidates, but would back the party’s eventual nominee in the general election against President Obama…

Earlier this month, Cain endorsed “the people.” But speaking Monday on his WSB radio show, Erickson did something similar, endorsing “a great fireball from the sky annihilating us all.”…

Erickson has at various times said Ron Paul should be excluded based on the controversial newsletters that bear his name, called Santorum a “big government conservative” and said it would be “insanity” to nominate Gingrich, who in the past has supported the individual mandate…

“I doubt any of them can beat Barack Obama unless the economy gets worse, and I don’t want to be in a position of rooting for a bad economy,” he said.

Erickson said he’s hoping for a brokered convention, where some other candidate might emerge in a last-ditch effort to derail the Romney campaign.

I also fantasize about a brokered convention but Ed wrote a solid piece a few weeks ago arguing against it. Having “the establishment” broker a nominee doesn’t bother me because there’d be enormous pressure on them to choose someone who’s acceptable to grassroots conservatives too. The risk of depressed turnout if they went full RINO would be too great, and they know it. The deeper problem with a brokered nominee is throwing someone with no organization and no fundraising into a media feeding frenzy two months before the election. The only candidate I can think of who might be able to pull that off is Daniels, since he could probably raise a boatload of money quickly via his Bush and Barbour connections. (Jeb could too, but the Bush brand would be terrifying so soon after Dubya.) Even then, though, it’s a tremendous risk. Would you rather roll the dice on Mitch the Knife than stick with a battle-hardened Romney in October? What would Romney supporters do on election day if their guy was denied the nomination despite having a plurality of delegates? Anything could happen.

Honestly, my core problem with the field is less their specific weaknesses than the fact that we failed to entice a top-tier star candidate into the field against a vulnerable incumbent whom conservatives despise. I can’t get past that. Like Erickson, I’ll vote for the eventual nominee, but I can’t bring myself to choose one over the others because the feeling that they’re not our best is ever present. Deep down, I don’t think any of them are equal to the fiscal challenges ahead. How can I have a preference?

Erick says he’ll have the audio available in a bit; I’ll post it when it’s up. In the meantime, catch the fever.

Update: Here’s the audio from Erick, as promised. The SMOD bit comes near the beginning, about one-eighth of the way in.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oh my god… what happened to Eeyore? I love Eeyore. You’re never optimistic about Republicans doing the right thing, and when you dream of handing them the very thing that they absolutely want (ignoring us pesky voters and going mavericky on us), you wax positive? Shudder…

Allah, whatever can I do to reset your healthy cynicism? They picked Boehner and McConnell, fer crissakes, who held the line on spending so well that we only cut raised our nation’s debt this year by over a trillion dollars.

beatcanvas on February 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM

SMOD > SCOAMF

aquaviva on February 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Influential? What?

SparkPlug on February 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I knew when I saw how many comments this already that that someone had beaten me to the punch. Thanks for making it #1! :-)

alchemist19 on February 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Look, I’m a solid Romney guy, but if Sweet Meteor of Death got into the race I’m not going to lie: I would give it a serious look.

Anybody who claims otherwise is deluding themselves.

Esoteric on February 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Dude has never ever failed at something in his life. He will kick arse.

Jailbreak on February 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

SMOD has never failed in its mission: ultimate destruction of all life on Earth. He’s our most competent, effective candidate. And he has no baggage.

SMOD/Cthulhu 2012!

Good Solid B-Plus on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Wait, I thought SMOD was a metaphor for Romney and Medically Induced Coma was a metaphor for Santorum. No?

dczombie on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Oh my god… look at this…

The picture. LMAO!!

dforston on February 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

dforston:Ouch!!

canopfor on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Allah, I like you more than that wierd geek Erik Erikson.
Just wait, if you love America…like I suspect you do, you will find Romney to be the best POTUS since Reagan and will be up there with the greats:
Romney
Reagan
Cooooooolidge
Lincoln
Andrew Jackson
Washington
So, just cool it with the anguish. Dude has never ever failed at something in his life. He will kick arse.

I just threw up part of my supper.

Willard Filmoure Romneycare is a gun grabbing, big spending, liberal judge appointing, socialized medicine promoter who is all aboard the global warming hoax.

He’s so bad he makes Salamander look palatable, and makes Santorum look like Barry Goldwater in a head to head match up.

Ken Doll’s a democrat. Face it, the man is Barack Obama with 25% less liberal, and extra crony corporatist. He’s like a cross between Dingy Reid and Bush the lesser, with frightening hair.

SilverDeth on February 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

BRING ON THE METEOR!

We got it coming.

SilverDeth on February 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Finland Elects President from Conservative Party
2/5/2012

canopfor on February 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hmm, I wonder if Finland has an affiliate where one can drop off a U-Haul truck?

Flora Duh on February 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Shower us with your fiery eternal flames, oh SMOD!

lorien1973 on February 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Influential conservative blogger Erick Erickson

Who the hell is Erick Erickson and why should I care?

woodNfish on February 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I want to see the SMOD’s long-form birth certificate first.

malclave on February 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Sarah’s doing her wishy-washy thing again. Meh.

Philly on February 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Why is that wishy washy? I would tell you the same thing. I don’t want Romney, but unfortunately that’s exactly who we’re going to get.

NoLeftTurn on February 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Why aren’t you addressing him as Senator.

That’s gonna leave a mark.

SilverDeth on February 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I’m not really sure that anyone is equal to the fiscal challenges ahead. Greece is not a pretty site.

Everyone shrieking about how screwed they are, and how they deserve to be the ones not touched. the vicious press.

europe has been going thru this for a while, spasmodically. Their future is still unknown. The optimistic view is that europe will fall into line under one government…a fiscal union. The pessimist says it will just fracture.

r keller on February 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Just great,a Near Earth Object,is going to get on the ballot!

canopfor on February 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Will.Not.Happen

The birthers, including those on this site, will block it on constitutional grounds.

;->

PolAgnostic on February 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I have to admit: after reading SMOD’s platform, I think I’m on board.

Esoteric on February 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Everyone thought Rick Perry was top-tier until he opened his mouth. Everyone thought Newt Gingrich was top-tier until he exposed himself as a leftist. Everyone thinks Chris Christie would have been a top-tier candidate. He would surely prove himself to be just another Romney if he had gotten in the race. He is a great New Jersey Republican just as Rudy Giuliani is a great New York Republican. It’s not the same as being conservative. Paul Ryan voted for TARP, bailouts, etc. and didn’t want the job. You’re not top-tier if you don’t have the fire in the belly. Mitch Daniels has personal baggage and didn’t want to be vetted. That matters!

The claim that there is a top-tier candidate available out there who just didn’t get in the race is nonsense. Again, you’re not top-tier if you can’t even be bothered to throw your hat in the ring. It’s now down to Santorum and Romney. That’s the choice. Get used to it.

rogaineguy on February 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I don’t want Romney, but unfortunately that’s exactly who we’re going to get.

Technically we will be getting King Barry’s 2nd term, cause he will eat Willard Fillmoure Romneycare’s lunch.

But hey, Ken-Doll at least get’s the second place prize of replaying the Whig’s 1850′s crack up all over again. Should be interesting to see where that takes us…

SilverDeth on February 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Romney has failed at everything in his political career. Unless you’re not counting the elections he lost or the one hr bailed on because his governorship was such epic fail.

Spliff Menendez on February 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Your shameless and incomprehensible shilling has reached the event horizon.

MadisonConservative on February 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Yikes! You do know that this means, from our perspective, that he will never disappear?

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on February 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM

It’s now down to Santorum and Romney. That’s the choice. Get used to it.

rogaineguy on February 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Can you please direct me to the video or statement of Gingrich’s withdrawal from the race? I must have missed it.

Flora Duh on February 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

If he had decided to run for reelection as governor of Massachusetts, he would have failed to get a second term. It’s why Romney chose not to run for reelection. I also have a sneaking suspicion he will also fail to oust Obama.

Jurisprudence on February 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

He of the 34% approval rating was assured of reelection don’t you know.

RickB on February 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

While the media is positing the possibility of another comeback by Newt Gingrich AND the second impending coronation of Mitt Romney and the mittbots are seeking to surpass the Obamabots 2008 efforts re: premature celebration of how awesome the first Romney Presidency will be …

Have any of the above taken note of the remarkably low turnout in Nevada?

(Caveat: I know the media will forget the low turnout until Romney locks up the nomination and then will bang that drum 24/7 into the election.)

PolAgnostic on February 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Shower us with your fiery eternal flames, oh SMOD!

lorien1973 on February 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It can shower you.
I’m voting for Pinky and the Brain.
Leave me OUTTA it. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

The GOP are counting on the anti-Obama vote by pushing a European Socialist Romney on the Republican voters. Either way Big Gov. wins and the theft of the peoples’ wealth and freedoms continues unabated.

aposematic on February 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Did Erickson steal the SMOD from Ace or verse vice-a?

DavidW on February 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Have any of the above taken note of the remarkably low turnout in Nevada?

PolAgnostic on February 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

33,000 out of 468,000 registered Republicans in Nevada even bothered to show up.

This may explain why.

Flora Duh on February 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Have any of the above taken note of the remarkably low turnout in Nevada?

A harbinger of things to come. I know I won’t show up for another crap-McMuffin, consequences be damned. Only a painful lesson will teach the talking heads. In fact the lesson might just tear the nation apart.

So be it.

SilverDeth on February 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Jailbreak on February 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Why aren’t you addressing him as Senator.

RickB on February 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Dude has never ever failed at something in his life. He will kick arse.

Jailbreak on February 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM
He just lost to the dude who lost to Obama, I guess that defines success to you. But then, you’ve shown you live in an alternate universe.

Flora Duh on February 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Jailbreak on February 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Jurisprudence on February 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Right as rain again!

KOOLAID2 on February 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

dforston on February 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

“Deer for Romney”

LMAO

PatriotGal2257 on February 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

aposematic on February 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

2008 redux.

GOP establishment sez: “Vote McCain… He sucks infinitesimally less than his opponent!!”

That’s why everyone calls the GOP the “Stupid Party”. They never learn.

I shall embrace the meteor if it comes, and thank God for finally punishing us all for our idiocy.

LegendHasIt on February 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I hope Sweet Meteor of Death(tm) selects the Bubonic Plague as their Veep nominee.

Finally, change we can ALL believe in.

Myron Falwell on February 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Killer Bees for Sec. of State!

tetriskid on February 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Toe Jam for Attorney General.

AttaBoyLuther on February 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

It’s one thing to be a self-important, impotent windbag who is always wrong. It’s quite another to admit it, publicly…

Mr. Arkadin on February 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I don’t think any of them are equal to the fiscal challenges ahead.

The only candidate I’m considering is Santorum and have serious reservations even with him. Obamacare will be such an albatross around the neck of any Republican that takes the WH that, I’m at this point, I’d rather the GOP retain the House, take the Senate, and leave Obama in the WH. I’d prefer a Republican not be in the WH when the medical industry and economy comes to a screeching halt in the next couple of years. I’d rather Obama be in the WH and his legacy reap the result when Obamacare crashes the economy of this country. We’ll survive as a Republic because Democrats won’t be reelected for anything for the next century.

TulsAmerican on February 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM

This is what happens when Bush cronies accidentally got in charge due to the side effects of the Tea Party.

Boehner is the definition of you suck schwetty balls! Weak-ass leader. Providing his faux-support for Paul Ryan’s plan when on TV and then dangling him behind the scenes. Didn’t cut jack from the debt and let Reid and Obama get away with murder by letting them always frame the Republicans in the worst light possible.

It seems this November that Republicans have truly earned the loss that is coming to them short of some deity-like intervention.

HopeHeFails on February 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Giant object that crashes into Earth and destroys everything, you say? Is this the very subtle beginning of the Chris Christie campaign?

alchemist19 on February 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I’ve watched Erickson on CNN for over 2 years now and this guy has never had anything good to say about a Republican. Democrats slam Conservatives left and right and he sits there and nods in agreement.

Roymunson on February 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Nah – they’ve already gone full RINO without giving two sh1ts about what we think – why would they start to worry all of a sudden after not listening to us for quite awhile now?

Midas on February 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Get past it. Look at what is waiting in the wings. Rubio, Walker, Jindal, Daniels, Flake, etc. Throw in the Republicans that aren’t on the radar yet, the legion of Tea Partiers that have been elected to state, county, and city positions. The future look great for Republicans. The Tea Party has to make sure the future is just as bright for conservatism.

Theworldisnotenough on February 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Doesnt the media pick the nominee? They say look “whos ahead in the polls” and this is “the favorite” and people nod their heads “yep thats the guy”

Greed on February 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Did Erickson steal the SMOD from Ace or verse vice-a?

Erickson got it from Ace. It’s not really fair to accuse him of “stealing” it — it’s obviously a name-check.

But to be fair, SMOD wasn’t actually even Ace’s idea. It was a combination of a Slublog photoshop and a GREAT LauraW “candidate statement.”

Esoteric on February 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM

The weakness in the field of GOP Candidates simply increases the importance that we elect a Conservative Majority in Congress. I support Santorum,but no candidate is perfect.Our next government will be measured by the sum of its parts,not just the strength of the President. I like Santorum in part because he seems to be the most forthright of the group.

K Michael ODonovan on February 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM

HopeHeFails on February 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

The House passed the Ryan plan, the Senate refused to vote on it.

The alternative was shutting down the government – but Obama wasn’t going to play it the way Reagan and Clinton did, or that Bush prepared to. No Social Security checks would have gone out. How do you think that would have played? Think the media would have blamed Obama and the Senate? NO, not a freakin’ chance.

I wish they had negotiated a better deal, but once the Senate proposed the compromise, there were no more good options. That’s not on Boehner.

Adjoran on February 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I read this on Red State earlier and agree completely. If fiscal conservatism, limited government, and the Constitution mean anything, then none of the above is my choice. Ron Paul is at least correct on those issues but oh so wrong on foreign policy.

I’ll vote for the Republican candidate in the general, but I’m not going out of my way to pick between the 4 remaining candidates. I did that in 2008 and we ended up with McCain anyway. Instead, I’ll be attending my niece’s basketball game tomorrow night.

I see this as part of the problem we have with Iowa, New Hampshire, SC, and Florida going first. Where is a western state? The western states have always had a more libertarian attitude and independence. I think we would have ended up with a different mix if some of the rest of the country had voted early on.

Common Sense on February 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I can get behind SMOD. Anybody know where their campaign office is in Austin?

Sekhmet on February 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Where the heck did this Erik Erickson guy come from? And why are we supposed to listen to him again?

But yeah, SMOD trumps Obromney.

18-1 on February 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

SMOD/Cthulhu 2012!

Good Solid B-Plus on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

It’s amazing that SMOD/Cthulhu 2012! could actually be the conservative choice in this election. Obama and everything he does is a WMD aimed at the foundations of American society. Mittens, of course, believes Obama is a nice man.

Gladtobehere on February 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Esoteric on February 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM

It grew from commenters at AoS (Team Meteor- alexthechick and Krakatos IIRC). LauraW put up the first main page post with Ace following up with another shortly after peeking over Laura’s hump.

Hollowpoint on February 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sorry AP and SMOD, I’m already committed to Team Cthulhu. Just imagine how awesome the National Mall would look re-designed with non-Euclidean architecture. Plus, the crucial Hentai-fan voting demographic will find a massive, malevolent cephalopod irresistible.

>(;,;)(;,;)<
Why vote for the lesser evil?

Walter Sobchak on February 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Will.Not.Happen

;->

PolAgnostic on February 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM

SMOD will be happy to personally deliver a certified copy of his birth certificate. 200 milliseconds before your death.

Hollowpoint on February 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM

All five of them would sigh real passive-aggressive like, and then they’d log on to the Hot Air boards and complain, as if the five of them represent the vast majority of the party.

shannon76 on February 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Heck yeah!

Tzetzes on February 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I can get behind SMOD. Anybody know where their campaign office is in Austin?

Sekhmet on February 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

It’ll be at the intersection of Houston and Minneapolis.

Hollowpoint on February 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Well, I seem to recall we had this guy from Texas, the “jobs governor”, former Air Force pilot, longest-serving governor in state history; the guy who’d “never lost an election”. He was supposed to unite the “establishment” and Tea Party wings of the GOP and walk to the nomination virtually unopposed.

Whatever happened to that guy?

Hayabusa on February 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Great! “Top-tier” candidates to scared to run and now “influential” bloggers to scared to support a nominee. Where did all the backbone go? Did it leave when Titanium Spine dropped out of race?

Or, has Ann Coulter got under everyone’s skin. It is time to stand up and go with best in field. Brokered will not work. Will just be like a Constitutional Convention, extremely messy and not work the way Conservatives desire.

PuritanD71 on February 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Whatever happened to that guy?

Well my good Ninja Gaiden fan, the establishment ate him, and he also self destructed – somewhat by his actions during the primary, and somewhat by his actions years before it – and I am not referencing the “rock.”

He also realized the rombots were using him to dice up the conservative wing.

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Sorry, after Bush the worst, Dole, Bush the lesser, and finally the last straw – McWeenie – I no longer eat Repubic crap sandwiches. They have fed me so many of them I am unable tell the difference between regular old s*&t and lesser-of-two-s*&ts. They are both s*&t, and they STINK.

The republicans will give us people like Willard Fillmoure Romneycare and Salamander, and pretend to call them “conservatives.”

Me and my family will “pretend” to vote and give them campaign money.

When the only option on the political ticket is a choice between 2 democrats, you’re voting to slit your own wrists regardless of which column you pick.

I am almost down to hoping Obama WINS – that way our MUSH congress at least has to pretend that they oppose Dear Leader to keep up appearances. I shiver in terror for this nation what our milquetoast congress will do under a democrat like Ken-Doll Romeney who they can position themselves around without fear of loosing face…

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Whoa horsey! Tell me how you really feel. If you really believe that Santorum is worse than Obama, there is no helping you. Yes, yes, all those votes! Got it. Santorum’s flaws are so hideous, so disturbing, that Obama is an improvement?!?

Congress is unwilling to stop Obama now, what makes you think they will later. Need to vote for best conservative candidate and that is Santorum.

PuritanD71 on February 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Did I say Santorum? I SPOKE for Santorum when there was no one to DO it during the caucus. Admittedly, even he is a major compramise in my eyes, but he’s honest and up front about his mistakes. The problem is, it’s very much looking like he’s got no chance. I am not blind. Nor am I unable to ADD.

It’s looking very bad for Rick, and likely we will be saddled with Willard Fillmoure Romneycare, and if the choice is that democrat or king Barry, MEH, two different flavors of s&^t, despite differing textures and coloration, I find myself tired of s*&t.

This time I can no longer overcome the gag reflex.

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

You might be right, but there is no telling the future here. It would seem that Santorum is building momentum with several people putting their support behind him like Michelle and David Limbaugh. Let’s not write off Santorum so fast. He has run a statewide campaign just like a governor does.

Would his winning 2 of 3 later today change your mind?

PuritanD71 on February 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

This time I can no longer overcome the gag reflex.

SilverDeth on February 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Oh please!

You see no difference between Romney and Obama? Between a career capitalist and a Red Diaper Baby?

None of the candidates is perfect, of course, but all would beat Obama on policy. From regulations to judicial appointments to budget cuts to DOJ, all around.

Some of you Purity Police will never be happy: if a former Governor who had been a union official, signed a law liberalizing abortion, raised taxes and spending, and entered into several “public-private partnership” projects with tax money, you would run him off before he got to introduce himself.

That was Ronald Reagan.

It’s fair to criticize the failings of any of the candidates, and each has several serious ones. It’s not fair or reasonable to assert you cannot tell the difference between any of them and Obama – unless you’re just saying you are stupid.

Adjoran on February 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

No baggage? Are you kidding me?

What about the candidate from 65 million years ago that promised to wipe out the planet back then? It promised to end the planet, but the planet is still here. Need I also remind you that cockroaches (of all forms) are still scurrying around?

If I am to vote for a SMOD it better not be a MINO.

VibrioCocci on February 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Eric Erickson ?..Who is this guy again ? Should I start watching bad TV political analysis again to see if this man is on ?

DevilsPrinciple on February 7, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Erick Erickson is a major tool.

captn2fat on February 7, 2012 at 3:58 AM

No baggage? Are you kidding me?

If I am to vote for a SMOD it better not be a MINO.

VibrioCocci on February 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM

i can imagine negative ads with what you said. lol

nathor on February 7, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I would prefer this to the offer of socialism….

Kini on February 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM

SMOD/Cthulhu 2012!

Good Solid B-Plus on February 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

SMOD would actually be sent by Cthulhu… get rid of some of the planetary overhead, cook a lot of inhabitants, roast a few more, put a lot of remains into the smoker and then chill them all down for a few years of dining. You, me and everyone else gets to be in the irradiate/roast/toast/smoke and chill part of the deal.

Really SMOD is the perfect tool to set up a larder… if you are Cthulhu.

I like that thinking ahead part by Cthulhu to trick people into thinking SMOD is the candidate! Sure enough, put it at the top of the ticket and who cleans up after impact? Cthulhu.

ajacksonian on February 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Yes, let’s by all means and this includes Allah….go along with Erick Erickson who has ENDORSED and then tossed Perry and Newt under the bus. A guy who goes on CNN and talks like Ed Schultz or so half assed OWS Moonbat when conjuring up some of his Romney derangement and showing off for his moonbat CNN anchor pals. So, he’s going to sit on his hands (so he says)for the rest of the cycle. Nobody, nobody cares. He’s about as “influential” as my grandmother.

AYNBLAND on February 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM

As much as I am enamored with SMOD, I plan on writing in Sarah Palin on my ballot. I can’t, in good conscience, vote for any of the current GOP nominees.

None of the GOP’s 3 Am-Egos give a d@mn about the country, and the little sidekick, er, Ron Paul, is a lunatic of the Lyndon Larousche class.

I don’t need a candidate who meets ALL of my conservative ideals. I’d like one who just meets MOST of them, or at the very least, puts the country first.

TKindred on February 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Erikson is another faux, lip-service conservative.

Dante on February 7, 2012 at 7:43 AM

JohnInCA on February 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

First intelligent post of the thread.

This is ridiculous. We’re going to lose in November. And why? Because r-tard conservative bloggers think this kind of crap is clever, funny, appropriate, or all of the above. It’s not, it makes us look like flaming morons that not even a conservative blogger wants to vote for anybody who we have left.

Seriously, we look like idiots. If you don’t like who we have left, you are helping nobody but the left and Obama if you sit around complaining about it. Who, among the undecideds, is going to vote for Romney if not conservatives have literally endorsed an asteroid over him? I mean really.

Polynath on February 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Oh, come on. The only one all along who’s been able to take Romney down — with his 3 years’ worth of hype and 6 years’ worth of organization — is Sarah Palin. But she was too “radioactive” and “negatives were too high” and blahblahblah. Those repeating that mantra over the past 3 years should shut up the whining and get on that Romney train. You asked for it, you got it.

ddrintn on February 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Polynath on February 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM

We are under no obligation to meekly line up and get behind our betters. Someone only marginally better than Obama is hardly worth the fight.

Monkeytoe on February 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Who exactly is Erickson supposedly influencing? I think he’s a clown. He attacked Perry, and insisted he exit the Presidential race, after drooling over him for how many months? It sure would be nice to have a conservative alternative to the present choices right now. That’s over this is what the republicans are stuck with because Erickson likes to puff himself up on CNN. Communist News Network. I am sure all kinds of conservatives watch CNN, and are being influenced by Erickson LOL!

Dr Evil on February 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I think that’s the only hope for republicans, but we have been told over and over again, it’s not going to happen.

Dr Evil on February 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

This is what happens when someone goes ALL in for one candidate and trashes the rest. Can’t backpedal out of it so, they just throw up their hands in defeat. What a big crybaby this pudgy little man is.

Norky on February 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Mayan SMOD 2012!!!!!

Mangy Scot on February 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Erickson and frankly some others are pu**ies. They’re so afraid of being wrong, they’ve backed so many horses that have gone down in flames, they can’t fathom backing the ulimate guy who may go down in flames. Actually, he’s very likely to go down in flames but so was everyone else who ran against Obama. Especially, as Erickson points out, if the economy appeared to be getting better.

This is nothing more than a cowardly ass covering move. Setting up the “see I told you so” moment. This moron backed Rick Freaking Perry before he was vetted. Here’s the ultimate BS hypocrisy. Erickson claims that “top tier” candidates didn’t run and so it’s out of his hands. What a load of crap. If Mitch Daniels or Christie or Jeb has run, he wouldn’ve been screaming that they were RINO’s too!! 100% he would have done that. He’s a fraud.

You watch though, if the economy goes south again and Romney or someone else gets a second life and is polling well in the fall…they’ll all back the GOP Nominee and hope you don’t remember this.

AYNBLAND on February 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Perish we much!

Mike Honcho on February 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM

A “meteor” as big as one in the cover photo is an asteroid. Calling that a meteor is like calling Obamacare “Affordable Care”.

WannabeAnglican on February 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM

And how would we know SMOD is not SMODINO? Maybe when the sweet M hits, it’s not going to be death at all but only like death, which is what we’ve got now.

Erik and Co. are not talking about this.

LetsBfrank on February 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Ericson can kiss my hiney.

rightConcept on February 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Cthulhu 2012

“When your tired of voting for the lesser evil.”

kenashimame on February 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Is SMOD made out of rock or ice – this issue matters.

The Nerve on February 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I’m Quetzalcoatl, and I approve this message.

spiritof61 on February 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

If the SMOD hits, I’ll be ok cuz I got my (pre-gubmint motors) Chevy truck to drive right on out of the rubble….
Pity you Ford guys won’t make it…. /s

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Yes, but with Rick Perry saying he will get in very early next time and Anita ardently supporting him to be the “GOP next in line,” could we really expect Erick Erickson to pitch another candidate? Sequels sell themselves.

FeFe on February 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Erickson has no power. 30,000 followers on twitter. Heck RedState has less daily comments than Conservatives4Palin. I can’t believe CNN gave Erickson a TV gig. CNN hires minor leaguers like Erickson and Dana Loesch. The big names are on Fox News.

CoolChange80 on February 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM

THIS ENTIRE SLATE OF CANDIDATES SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKSSSSS

Conservchik on February 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hmmmmm . . . . brokered convention . . . . ooohh . . . Daniels/Ryan . . .

Conservchik on February 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM