Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:15 am on February 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
The word is given — it’s time to get your figures straight and choose the Obamateurism of the Week! If you’ve got
Russia Georgia on your mind, it’s easy to mix up a couple of these, so take care. And for goodness’ sake, if you’re going to crib off of someone else’s work, don’t make it obvious.
Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:
- Hails Roe as essential to allow “our daughters … to fulfill their dreams“
- Shuts down DisneyWorld in order to promote tourism
- “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]
- Famous opponent of signing statements issues one covering 17 provisions of bill he signed
Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:
- Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
- Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
- “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.