Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:15 am on February 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

The word is given — it’s time to get your figures straight and choose the Obamateurism of the Week! If you’ve got Russia Georgia on your mind, it’s easy to mix up a couple of these, so take care.  And for goodness’ sake, if you’re going to crib off of someone else’s work, don’t make it obvious.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

option #2

very interesting….

the bubble that dear leader lives in

cmsinaz on February 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I’ll find it “interesting” when he’s out looking for work next January.

PatMac on February 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

3 million, 22 million. What the heck does it matter when you’re lying about any of the employment numbers in the first place?

hawkdriver on February 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Proposing already passed bills – leading from behind.

OldEnglish on February 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Very interesting… but stupid.

Fallon on February 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Finds claim of unemployment “interesting” because he is getting “the word” that woman’s husband should have no trouble finding work

Hey lady! I know what is going on! Don’t tell me that I don’t know ’cause I do! I know! I’m tellin’ you that your husband can, uh, should be, uh… know what, send me his resume and I’ll find him a job, this is re-dick-a-lus. I know the job market is pickin’ up ’cause BLS tol’ me so! Also, I saw all those folks drop out of the job market so yore husband should have great opportunities now! So, vote Barack next time, ‘K?

ExpressoBold on February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

hawkdriver on February 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hey, lying is the only thing this President is competent in.

Christian Conservative on February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

These are all whoppers! I’ll have to think about it before voting.

Naturally Curly on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

How about 3 jobs in the last 22 million months?
Has about the same credibility.
Get some Windex for the ‘prompter , dude.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

That was a particularly tough choice but I went with #2..it’s so typical of his detachment with real people. That look of disbelief on his face was like saying “what do you mean lady, my advisors say all engineers have good jobs”…

He somehow doesn’t realize yet (or simply doesn’t care) that all of us can blow huge holes in his unemployment scenarios by naming our friends, relatives, neighbors and acquaintences whom we know to be unemployed, under-employed, given up,etc…

Tim Zank on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Where’s the “Jesus said… [raise taxes and be socialist]” option?

knob on February 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

THAT:

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

RealMc on February 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I find all the choices “interesting”

katablog.com on February 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I had to go with #4, it is beyond my comprehension how anyone could even listen to this jackazz. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Even this mans voice sickens me.
This lying azz evil jackazz has got to go.

rightoption on February 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Very interesting, but stupid. It was between that and the House bills that have already passed. Pretty “good” field of selections today.

Obummer has got to go. I will find it very interesting when he is voted out of office. He should have no trouble finding work.

Philly on February 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

He can’t tell his bills from his bobs.

backwoods conservative on February 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

By the time Nov 6th rolls around he will have created, saved, dreamed, imagined and seen 45 million jobs since January 2009.

And the Lapdance Media will trumpet it as the gospel……..from their Jesus.

PappyD61 on February 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hey, lying is the only thing this President is competent in.
Christian Conservative on February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

He fails in everything else, but lying? A solid B+!!!

conservative pilgrim on February 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That photo is one big Obamateurism.

DrStock on February 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

And my Democrat friends think he is a friggin GENIUS.

Seriously.

PappyD61 on February 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Proposing bills that the do-nothing, obstructionist House has already passed? I blame TOTUS.

iurockhead on February 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Proposes four bills in SOTU that House has already passed

When Libs are confronted with this, how do they react? Ignore? Pretend it’s a lie? Don’t they consider that Obama just might be full of crap?

visions on February 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I totally didn’t know about #2, I voted for #3. Dang.

ProudPalinFan on February 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hey, lying is the only thing this President is competent in.
Christian Conservative on February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

He fails in everything else, but lying? A solid B+!!!

conservative pilgrim on February 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Nah, he fails at lying too. He’s not competent at it. A competent liar can make you believe his BS, at least, part of the time. I’d say that he’s a consistent liar but not a competent one.

Oldnuke on February 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Proposes four bills in SOTU that House has already passed

visions on February 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You’re just saying stuff like this cause you’re a racist. What have you got against a black man in the White House? That my friend is how the liberals will react!

Oldnuke on February 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Why no MSM reports on all the 1%ers attending his $35,000 a plate fund raisers?

vietvet68 on February 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It’s not exactly Obamateurism of the Week, more of lifetime acheivement Obamateurism; Eric Holder.

Flange on February 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Jebus – Another “target-rich” environment (uh oh, can one write that anymore?)
Yet another damned if you do and damned if you don’t selection.
I had to go with King Barack the Growth-Slayer ignoring the FACT that the House has already served up what he claims he wants, but always blames someone else, never HIS Senate.
Ø’Bumbler just might dislocate a shoulder while patting himself on the back.
I just wish more people would get the “dead-parrot economy” (ht:Mark Steyn) analogy.
(sigh)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I’ll take we’ve created 22 million, er.. 3 million…er, make that 100 billion jobs for $2000 Alex!! A job in every pot, a Volt in every driveway, and freedom from want, or something

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Karl Magnus on February 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Yeah, this weeks picks should end up in a 5 way tie. I’d hate to see any of these gems get eliminated.

Oldnuke on February 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Okay, here it is, “The Dead Parrot”
(Mark Steyn’s anology)

It’s worth than a chuckle or two.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

How about 3 jobs in the last 22 million months?
Has about the same credibility.
Get some Windex for the ‘prompter , dude.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

+++

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

All of the Above.

PS, O’bama is such a wimp, he refuses to pick a winner in the Super Bowl.

Probably because it’s Blue State VS Blue State.

Del Dolemonte on February 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

this is quite a lineup that Ed has today.

Super Obamateurism Sunday…..

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

PappyD61 on February 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

mine too…the kool-aid is strong in them…

cmsinaz on February 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Proposes four bills in SOTU that House has already passed!!!

This one totally floors me.

CoffeeLover on February 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

The Word….

I found The Word too!! Step on up Mr. Semi Conductor Man and get your job….

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Dean Wormer weighs in on the Obama administration:

DaveDief on February 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

the MSM of course are far too busy looking for the latest Republican gaffe to make mention of the odd slip of the tongue by the smartest President ever.

Drained Brain on February 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Went with #2…

Full-on display of dishonesty and arrogance, when someone questions His Almighty on his dismal economy.

Aizen on February 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Had to go with #4.This “do nothing congress”translates to Harry Reid and his “do nothing” lackeys in the Senate.

jeffinsjvca on February 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

These are all whoppers! I’ll have to think about it before voting.

Naturally Curly on February 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Oh come on! That’s not fair! I got a headache trying to decide if I go with the Larry’s on # 2…or the Moe’s on #4! Since JugEars doesn’t know how his government works…I had to go for the migraine with Moe! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on February 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I’ll find it “interesting” when he’s out looking for work next January.

PatMac on February 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

He and his family will be on our dime for the rest of their lives.

Cleombrotus on February 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I found The Word too!! Step on up Mr. Semi Conductor Man and get your job….

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I thought you were going to link to this.

Fallon on February 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I thought you were going to link to this.

Fallon on February 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

that was plan B

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Every thing 0 does is amateur. Its getting more and more difficult to choose.

Bmore on February 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

What difference does it make. They all reinforce my feelings about him.

vityas on February 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I’m just an engineer but would an increase of 3 million jobs mean there were more jobs?

March 2009, the BLS (Bureau of Lying Statistics) says that just after porkulus passed and two months into 0bama’s reign of incompetence there were 153,716,000 people in the total workforce. The latest BLS says there are now 154,500,000 people in the total workforce. That’s a total of 784,000 more people in the workforce or jobs.

March 2009 BLS says there are 11,616,000 unemployed people. Latest stack of lies says there are 12,758,000 unemployed people. That’s is a net loss of 1,142,000 jobs.

Add the two together and you get that 0bama has lost 358,000 jobs and spent over 1.5 trillion dollars that we do not have in doing so.

I’m not calling the man a liar, he just doesn’t tell the truth.

jukin3 on February 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Is there anything better than calling a possible constituent a liar?

Cindy Munford on February 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I went with yet another demonstration of “Smart Power” in action, calling Georgia, Russia. A fine example of WIBHSI*

*(What If Bush Has Said It)

Gwillie on February 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

The moron always lies and makes up facts so I went with the idiot being so out of touch with reality (abundance of fantasy jobs) and living with his head up his pretentious a$$.

txag92 on February 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

He may be on our dime, but moooshell will have to cut down to 6 or 7 vacations a year and 5 or 6 meals a day.

angrymike on February 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

The Broken Window Presidency…

VietVet_Dave on February 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

What’s a few million jobs in Barry & Moochie’s utopia? Peons and jobs are of no concern.

indyvet on February 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

This so clearly demonstrates how out of touch this guy is. Also shows how out of touch his advisers are who give him “the word”.
BTW, he probably also doesn’t worry about the poor. /similarities

NOMOBO on February 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Mucker-in-Chief says he is fixing the economy if only Congress doesn’t muck it up.

petefrt on February 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

“We’ve created 22 million jobs over the last — er, three million jobs over the last 22 months.”

Because that’s all he is at the end of the day a teleprompter reader that doesn’t even pay that much attention to what he’s reading.

Scripted is as Scripted does.

Dr Evil on February 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hey, lying is the only thing this President is competent in.

Christian Conservative on February 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

LOL. He isn’t even competent at that. Proficient yes, competent no.

chemman on February 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Oldnuke on February 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Should have read all the way through before posting. Figures it would be you that beat me to the punch.

chemman on February 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

“[O]ne of the first things that I did was express my appreciation for the institution-building that’s been taking place in Russia — in Georgia.”

Aint Putin murdering journalists? Obama should be showing apprecitation towards the American people for funding his agenda all be it by force. “Throw them all out!” including some Chief Justices of the SCOTUS.

racquetballer on February 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I went with #4. So obvious.

Yet, that these and other worthy bills languish in the Senate under Harry Reid’s thumb is totally beyond the perceptions of “progressives”. Not to mention the absence of a budget vote in the Senate for 1,000 days. Pathetic.

When I pointed out these measures to a friend of mine of the lib persuasion, the look on her face was as if I had suddenly sprung a second head, perhaps a likeness of some loathsome reptile. Her take on the situation is Obama has the answers, if only those obstructionist Republicans would stop thwarting his every move.

She revelled in his Catholic-crushing contraceptive/abortifacient mandate, too, which to her view is a policy only a moron would find objectionable.

All too many O-2012 bumper stickers around, too. ‘Twill be a nasty season, my friends.

ugottabekiddingme on February 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Oldnuke on February 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Absolutely correct.

A+

Solaratov on February 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I’ll find it “interesting” when he’s out looking for work next January.

PatMac on February 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Barry will never have to work again. Even if he loses in 2012, he’ll leave office with a multi-million-dollar book deal. Some ghostwriter will pen it for him, and he’ll give a few interviews to fawning MSM types and rake in the dough. Then he’ll go out on the lecture circuit (in between golf dates) and read speeches (also written by someone else) for six or seven-figure speaking fees.

The U.S. presidency has become a road to instant riches, but for some inexplicable reason, taxpayers are still picking up the tab for these guys’ offices and staff after they leave office, even though they’re all multimillionaires. Some enterprising Congresscritter should introduce a bill eliminating this perk for ex-presidents, except in cases of demonstrable financial hardship.

AZCoyote on February 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I had to go with #2. When he used the word “interesting”, he was actually saying “you lie” (sounds familiar, huh?). Oh, and…

Karl Magnus on February 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

My favorite Monty Python skit, and a comedy classic.

Moose Drool on February 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Ted C said it best

this is quite a lineup that Ed has today.

Usually at least one stands out and makes my blood pressure go up. All the choices are prime cut ridiculous for the leader of the free world. But I went with #4. He does work in the same town, doesn’t he?

jazzuscounty on February 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

ugottabekiddingme on February 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

If you don’t mind answering, in what part of the country do you live? I have only seen one in my part of the woods.

jazzuscounty on February 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

tight race this late in the day….2 and 4 almost neck n’ neck.

ted c on February 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Yep…nothing more “interesting” than unemployed engineers.

Elitest douche.

Tim_CA on February 5, 2012 at 3:42 PM

jazzuscounty on February 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I’m in los angeles county…..and I’ve only seen a small handful.

That’s saying something – they were everywhere in ’08.

Tim_CA on February 5, 2012 at 3:44 PM

And they were everywhere here (East Texas) too in ’08, and I am hoping this a good sign for the country.

jazzuscounty on February 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM

The flash cards that he uses to prepare need to be updated… #2. Here’s to hoping he receives a million resumes by COB Monday.

RalphyBoy on February 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Is there anything better than calling a possible constituent a liar?

Cindy Munford on February 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Telling someone you don’t miss them?

KOOLAID2 on February 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Wowsie-wowsie. I’m definitely in the minority this time!

MisterElephant on February 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

jazzuscounty,

I reside in the heart of one-party rule, Western Washington. Beautiful country, Kool-aid drinking electorate. Sigh.

ugottabekiddingme on February 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

option #2

very interesting….

the bubble that dear leader lives in

cmsinaz on February 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I think Obama spends a good part of his time inventing lies that he half believes. In other words, he lies to himself as much, if not more, than he lies to us. In his mind, he really is our “Great, Dear Leader.”

I went with #4, since he can’t even lie without stumbling all over his lines.

Gladtobehere on February 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM

racquetballer on February 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Remember that Obama “has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, ‘No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.’” As shown by this and many more statements, Obama admires dictators and would prefer to be dictator of America. The job of POTUS is just too small for this man’s ego.

Gladtobehere on February 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Most of these are slips of the tongue, deliberate lies, or spin.

I went with #2 because it is the type of cluelessness that can only come from a man who has never had to go out and find a REAL JOB!

Laura in Maryland on February 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Is this year end, already? Tough choices.

MNHawk on February 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM

What a maroon!

gooeylong on February 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM

After seeing the pic of BO and Bo and then reading this piece at hillbuzz, you cannot deny the Obama campaign will definitely take this tactic to focus on dogs and not on his record. I agree with Mr. DuJan, this will be effective and one of the many ways Willard will be destroyed.

Anticipating that the Cocktail Party GOP establishment will succeed in crowing Willard “Mittens” Romney the 2012 Republican nominee, Democrats have ginned up the DogsAgainstRomney.com website and have launched an interactive “I Ride Inside” campaign — where dog owners are encouraged to take pictures of their pets riding inside cars, as opposed to Seamus “Mutt” Romney (the family pet that Romney strapped to the top of his car on a long trip to Canada in the mid-1980s).

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/why-mitt-romney-will-lose-to-barack-obama-dogs-against-romney-and-i-ride-inside-campaign-29254

beacon on February 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM