Open thread: Just how big will Romney’s NV win be, anyway?; Update: Gingrich to hold press conference after caucus tonight? Update: Entrance poll shows Romney winning a majority

posted at 11:00 am on February 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Nevada will open its caucus doors shortly and open the fifth statewide contest in the Republican presidential nomination sweepstakes. This one looks like more of a no-contest, though, as CBS reports this morning.  The short period of time between Florida’s primary and Nevada’s binding caucus didn’t leave much room for significant polling, but what polling did take place shows Mitt Romney in the lead by 20 or more points.  The real suspense will be whether Romney can get a majority as he did in 2008, and whether Gingrich can hold on for second place:

In three campaign appearances Friday, Romney did not even mention Newt Gingrich who, according to the latest poll, done by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, trails Romney in Nevada, 45 to 25 percent.

Hoping to make up ground on the last day of campaigning, Gingrich referred to Romney as “Obama-lite,” and once again seized on Romney’s recent gaffe that he is “not concerned about the very poor.”

“My goal,” said Gingrich, “is the exact opposite of Governor Romney — my goal is not to ignore or forget the poor. My goal is to turn the safety net into a trampoline to allow the poor to rise and be like the rest of us and have a job and buy a house,” he said to applause.

Gingrich has brought up Romney’s remark about the very poor at virtually every event, and it just doesn’t seem to have helped him.

CBS has the polling numbers in the video, and they’re daunting for the other candidates in the race.  Gingrich hasn’t done the kind of touring in Nevada necessary for caucus success, though, and lacks the organization to make up for it.  His team insisted that a second-place finish would be a moral victory — and it would result in garnering a share of the delegates, as Nevada allocates proportionally.  However, Ron Paul has a good organization in Nevada, and I think he has been underestimated in these polls.  It’s possible that Gingrich can underperform and Paul could surprise Gingrich, although Nevada might be the final state in which that can happen.

I’ll predict that Romney ends up with 52% of the vote, Gingrich 18%, Paul 16%, and Santorum 14%.

Update: National Journal reports that Newt Gingrich will hold a press conference rather than give a post-event speech tonight, raising a few eyebrows:

Instead of the traditional election night party, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will hold a press conference after the Nevada Caucus on Saturday, raising new speculation about his future in the race.

An e-mail sent to reporters on Saturday morning set the Las Vegas press conference for 11 p.m. to midnight Eastern time.

That’s 8-9 pm local time, which would be necessary because the caucuses in Clark County are staying open later than the rest of the state, but why a press conference?  That suggests that Gingrich will have some news to announce — and not just an endorsement.  Or it could just mean that Gingrich wants to mix it up with the press as a springboard for the Colorado caucus.

Update II: John Ziegler e-mails to suggest that Gingrich may just want to make sure he gets sufficient press coverage — and supporters sticking around — after the caucuses conclude.

Update III, 7 pm ET: They have just started counting the ballots in Nevada, but if CNN’s exit polling is accurate, Romney won a majority.  He won 57% of women and 53% of men, which means that Romney will finish above 50%, again assuming the exit poll holds up.

Romney won all of the age demos except 17-29YOs, which he lost by only two points to Ron Paul.  He won every education demo, and he won every income demo except under-$30K, which Paul won by just one point.  Paul won independents by 17 points, but Romney won Republicans with a 61/20 win over Newt Gingrich.  Romney also won all three ideological categories, including “very conservative,” by majorities; Gingrich only got 24% of the very conservative vote.  He got 74% of the vote for those whose most important candidate quality was the ability to beat Obama, 55% of those who are looking for the right experience, and 56% of those looking for strong moral character.  On that last category, Gingrich got 1%.

This one’s a wipeout, and I’d guess that Gingrich gets no more than 19% when the votes are totaled, again assuming the exit poll is accurate.

Update IV: I changed the headline; this is an entrance poll, not an exit poll.  That might make the results a little less reliable, if voters changed their minds in the caucusing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12 13 14 20

Back seat of a 1990 Caddy?
I should have never given up that Nash Rambler.
Entire front seat dropped back flat.

katy the mean old lady on February 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You are causing old visions to dance in my head, not to mention certain tingles in interesting locations.

You have the rest of the night to stop tormenting me. After that, big trouble.

platypus on February 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

We just watched a meltdown

tbrickert on February 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Chernobyl was a clam bake by comparison.

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That meltdown was a desperate cry for help.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

The presser was about the dumbest thing I’ve ever watched. What was the point?

lowandslow on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

What a drama queen.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

THAT WAS AWESOME!!

Bad Newt is back and ready to kick some media @ss!

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

In fact, I should hope that those people are intellectually honest enough that they see through Newt’s lies here and therefore are driven away from him.

CanofSand on February 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

OK…

… What lies?

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

It’s actually kind of sad seeing the reaction of Gingrich supporters in this thread. It’s like you guys live in an alternate reality. Krauthammer (whom Newt quoted) and the panel taking Newt to task on FNC right now.

CanofSand on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Chernobyl was a clam bake by comparison.

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

LOL

tbrickert on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

it hillarious how you mittbota actually think we’ll vote for your sociolist after you rip Gingrich, palin and anybody else in his way.

We will remember and sitout this general election if romneycare gets the nomination.

Danielvito on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Excuse after excuse. Mitt won NV because of the Mormon vote. Newton has lost his grip and as Charles K. just mentioned, Mitt is in his head.

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

“This will be the most memorable event of the 2012 campaign.”

A.B. Stoddard

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Okay, I watched that to the end. That was a meltdown? I don’t think that word means what you think it does.

bigmike on February 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Bad Newt is back, and he’s going to be the recipient of the arse kicking.

A.B. Stoddard said this is going to be one of the most remarkable moments of the campaign. In the weeds, staggering, stammering and stunned.

This is what flailing looks like, says Stephen Hayes.

Newt kicked his own ass.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The update has been stuck at 41% reporting for quite a while. Anyone know what is up?

Fallon on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

grumpy grandpa

gatorboy on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

So,Mittens gets to Walz in,attack ‘Mom Jeans’,
and Newt get grilled!!

AwesomeLicious…………………….NOT!

Why do I get the feeling,as in(Mc Cains 2008 Mutiny),that
Team Right,is being lead down the,

Political PrimRose Path,by Mittens!!!

canopfor on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Evidently not.

Bret Baier is now hammering him.

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I had to turn it off – I couldn’t watch it anymore.

gophergirl on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Newt, you do really need to take a cruise this time.

galtani on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I want to see some Ron Paul action, then I’ll call it a night.

The Nerve on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

have NEVER thought of you as “cheap,” Hon’.

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Thanks!
Happy Birthday!
Smooch.
Got to hit the hay. Early appointments tomorrow.

katy the mean old lady on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Danielvito on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yeah. Rational people always base their decisions on what some anonymous strangers out in the intertubes type. Who can blame ya?

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

newt.withdraw.back.Palin

renalin on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

That was the GOP version of the Dean scream, but it was a scream for help.

If Newt, Rick and Ron want to prove that Newt is not fit to be the dog catcher, let alone POTUS, all they need to do is show this piteous spectacle in a continuous loop.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Hahaha oh Mittbots, why are you still on this site? Shouldn’t you be out partying at the Romney HQ?

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

katy the mean old lady on February 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Maybe this. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pleasureprogrammed/359236895/

Bmore on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

But come on man, we are talking about Nebraska. ;)

Boomer_Sooner on February 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

My sister went to OSU (the twit passed up Annapolis), but she doesn’t hate you Sooners.

cozmo on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

The Palins are backing away as we type.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

cozmo

If I never went to school at the University of Nebraska (Lincoln) nor any of my children have, then why would I be expected to support the Huskers?

Plus, I spent most of my adult life outside of Nebraska.

As to Boomer_Sooner, I understand where he is coming from. I imagine he is a OK grad and they have that mind control thing in place where he was forced to listen to Bob Stoops half-time pep talks in his sleep. So, him I can forgive.

Plus, why do you keep accusing me of hating people? I disagree with many, stay away from some, have contempt for some, but hate no one.

You should concentrate on bringing Boomer_Sooner back to reality. Remind him that the Pac-12 said, “Take a hike.” Help him get over the bowl games losses to Boise State and West Virginia. The guy is crying out for help. Go to him.

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

That presser wasn’t a meltdown.

It was a verbal @ss whoopin’ for the media and Romney.

A W E S O M E

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I had to turn it off – I couldn’t watch it anymore.

gophergirl on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I know that you are for “nobody” at this point since Perry dropped out, I value your opinion.

Was that as bad as what I thought and what the Fox panel thought?

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

What will be stunning to Newton is the press he’ll get tomorrow. It won’t be pretty.

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM

How come Mitt is down almost 10% from 2008?

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Horace

You central time? Right?

Bmore on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

No, tell us how you REALLY feel.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Who Won?

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Was that as bad as what I thought and what the Fox panel thought?

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Yes, it was bad.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’ve got to eat a big pile of turd in front of him because Newt didn’t drop out tonight like I predicted so confidently earlier today. Oh well, at least I’ve got the consolation that, were I a Gingrich supporter, I would have preferred a resignation to this pathetic show.

Mr. Arkadin on February 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM

None of these political bets can be enforced until ButtHeadBoy eats his hat on live webcam.

platypus on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Isn’t it funny all these new people are voicing support for Mitt?

It’s almost like Romney paid a bunch of people to register during last open registration.

Barely any of the people who have been around here a long time support Mitt.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So it looks like Romneycare spent about $200,000 per vote in the NV caucus. Way to go Willard, give your butler a raise!

Danielvito on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Who Won?

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Obama.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

How come Mitt is down almost 10% from 2008?

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

We know. So what if he won easily? He didn’t run up the score high enough for you.

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

apocalypse

I believe that homosexual acts are “intrinsically disordered and occasions for sin” and I believe that abortion is premeditated murder.

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Abortion and homosexuality are sin according to Scripture and I am glad you recognize this.

I also believe that God said, “I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy” and, to Job from the whirlwind, “Who are you to question my ways? My ways are not your ways.”

These verses have nothing to do with whether God blesses a nation that forget Him.

So, I am hesitant in predicting whether or not God will bless or not bless America.

You shouldn’t hesitate. The Bible clearly says “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Psalm 9:17

apocalypse on February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Is the total vote count down too, like in FL?

Buckshot Bill on February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Isn’t it funny all these new people are voicing support for Mitt?

Barely any of the people who have been around here a long time support Mitt.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

A lot of these people are originals that came in before the open registration. :(

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

OK…

… What lies?

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

All the usual smears. Romney doesn’t care about the poor, he’s “Soros approved” (as if you can take Soros’s word for anything, and as if Soros would actually vote for him), yada yada. Bret Baier outlined a number of them for you, if you were paying attention. You probably didn’t notice because your irrational hatred prevented you from seeing them as smears.

CanofSand on February 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Mitt Romney is an uninspiring robot.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Is the total vote count down too, like in FL?

Buckshot Bill on February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

It looks like it.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Aren’t you new as well? If you’ve been here a while you must not post hardly any.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

No, tell us how you REALLY feel.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I can’t believe I just witnessed that. I’m with A.B. Stoddard. That was surreal. I don’t think Newt is well.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

How come Mitt is down almost 10% from 2008?

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Cuz it ain’t over yet. The votes aren’t all in, but Newton’s presser was the saddest spectacle evah and the vote is in on that.

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

cozmo on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Oh I definitely don’t hate the cowboys. Truth be told. I don’t hate Nebraska at all. They, and we, have a long, respectable, and storied history by themselves and together.

I’m just saying. Come on, lighten up. :) That’s just football talk. A little unfair to use it as ammo. But use whatever else you got. No harm meant.

Boomer_Sooner on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

So that I understand this, Romneycare was the only one to spend money in Nevada, have a statewide organization, have all the elected state officals on his side and he pulled in a grand total of, way for it, 13,500 votes.

Calling all Mittbots, the population of Nevada is 2.643 million. Your boy got 13,500 votes. Wow, what an impressive win. sarc!

Danielvito on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Mitt received 51% in 2008, to be defeated by McCain.

At 42%, it seems he’s going backwards…LOL

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I still liked it overall…

… Just a few days ago, Drudge had a link that after Florida, “teh Press” wasn’t going to give him as much air time.

In forcing the “news conference”, no one could be the only network not to cover it…

… By seeing the reaction of the Mittbots here and the political elite ruling class and pundits, of course this was “bad”!

Glad to see Newt is reading up on his Sun Tzu…

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

How come Mitt is down almost 10% from 2008?

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

He didn’t pay the Chicago boys this time around and thus lost the cemetery vote.

platypus on February 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

He said he’s going to repeal Obamacare if elected, and all of us who don’t believe him are all wet right???

Stray Cat on February 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Mitt Romney is an uninspiring robot.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I have see this post several times. Rather robotic…

rubberneck on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Because you are like haner in never passing up an opportunity for the cheap unwarranted shot, at anything you don’t agree with. You only have to look at this thread for proof.

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

What do I care about Nebraska (unless they are in the Cotton bowl, which hasn’t happened in a while),or the Sooners (except for the red River Shootout). I backed into being an Aggie and they jumped ship for a conference that is liable to use them as a doormat for a long time.

cozmo on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Wrong. Mitt’s an embarassment.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Slainte on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

If you are a Newt supporter, don’t watch the news tomorrow.

Stephen Hayes thinks Newt has had the worst night of his candidacy.

I agree with Stephen.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Newt, Newt, Newt. Sigghhh. So now I’m down to supporting Romney. So be it.

independentvoice on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

And when Mitt loses MO to Santy, the rinos in the Media will be back to begging Daniels to jump in and save them.

Buckshot Bill on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

At 42%, it seems he’s going backwards…LOL

idesign on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

He’s not going backwards he’s winning – MJBrutus

Piss off MJBrutus vote third party your conscience.

RickB on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I thought Mitt’s speech was wonderful! He is so inspiring and full of positive energy and Ann looked so pretty.

Poor Newt couldn’t get even a few people to show for him so he had to call the press just to have someone to talk to.

So sad to see an man sink to such lows. Just sad.

Oh and there is more coming out about him I hear… ethics violations… co ordinating with Super pacs is a no no… being sued by the guy whose foot he ordered broken… yeah not looking good for him…

so sad.

But Mitt is really getting great at these celebration speeches… he had a new one tonight… good job Mitt!

And I guess we can win without the press! Go Mitt!

petunia on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Want to know how bad romneycare did tonite. In 2008, he recieved 51.1% of the vote or 22,600 votes. He’s tracking about 13,500.

Willard way to destroy the republican party!!!

Danielvito on February 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I don’t think Newt’s press conference demeanor was that bad. You guys are just salting the wound.

The Nerve on February 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Horace on February 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Ok, points. I literally busted up laughing when I read that.

Boomer_Sooner on February 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

At this presser, Newt did not jump the shark but dove head first into its mouth. I have never in my life seen such a “bad-loser” speech. This could be Santorum’s pivot point, a gift from a petty, angry heart.

TXUS on February 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Calling MJ Doofus…….I’ll remember if Romney is elected and he chooses to fix the good parts of Obamacare instead of pushing for a full repeal of it. But I’m all wet, right???

Stray Cat on February 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Was that as bad as what I thought and what the Fox panel thought?

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Let’s put it this way – I felt as uncomfortable for him as I did when Perry forgot the Department of Energy.

There is no way that’s not going to get played and played and played.

At this point – I wonder if it’s too late to have Perry jump back in ;)

gophergirl on February 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The contrast between Mitt and Newt tonight could not have been more stark. Fox interviewed Santorum and he was positive.

Sore loser does not cover it.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Who Won?

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Obama.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

That is exactly what Newt wants — if he can’t be the nominee, he’ll do his best to make sure the nominee won’t win the GE, and then we’ll all be sorry for being so mean to him.

And this is exactly why he shouldn’t be the nominee.

Dark Star on February 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

petunia on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Oh geeze, here it starts. Will sheryl, PMSdeven and buymoredanishstuff be joining us too?

cozmo on February 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

If you are a Newt supporter, don’t watch the news tomorrow.

Stephen Hayes thinks Newt has had the worst night of his candidacy.

I agree with Stephen.

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I’m a reluctant Mitt supporter. It took me a while to decide to support him, but now I feel more confident than ever after this surreal caucus evening.

Slainte on February 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

RickB on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

If I vote my conscience, I won’t vote at all.

Buckshot Bill on February 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

CanofSand on February 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Mitt’s own words as well as Soro’s…

… Hmmmmmmmm. OK.

But do not ever believe that I have “irrational hatred” for Mitt, or any other GOP candidate…

THAT is reserved for Obowma and what he has done and is doing to this Country.

The only difference is that if Mittens wins the GOP nominee, I will, with prejudice, vote for him and encourage other to do so…

… What I see in Paul and some Mitten supporters is that they will go home, turn out the lights, and suck their thumbs in protest instead of voting for Newt.

I would like to be proven wrong…

Seven Percent Solution on February 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Of course Mitt will lose Missouri… it was legal to kill Mormons in Missouri until 1975! You could almost see the mobs in Newt’s eyes… the torches…tar feathers… how dare Mormons vote! How dare they!!! The mobites will probably play it cool though and vote for Santorum… Newt is showing his mental health problems.

But Mitt should do pretty well everywhere else this month… MN might be a little sticky… but he won it last time… even though the polls said he wouldn’t.

petunia on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Philly on February 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I was kidding Philly. If I made a buck with every post that you made, I’d be a rich woman on your disdain for Newt. We got your point the first 100 times you typed it. :)

And dforston – I made it through the first recent open registration, but I’ve read the comments on HA for a looooong time.

I miss Cindy. :(

Midwestprincesse on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Mitt Romney will destroy the republican party. Bob Dole 1996. Conservatives will return the favor by giving Romney the middle finger if he is the nominee.

CoolChange80 on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Who Won?

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Obama.

Midwestprincesse on February 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Isn’t that the truth!

aryeung on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

cozmo on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

A very, very long time.

And Mizzou whupped their butts two years in a row.

Plus, Boomer_Sooner has been Stoopsized. Help him back to the light!
Tell him the Mid-American Conference has OK at the top of their “Most Wanted” list. Have you no compassion?

Oh, and please provide links to my “hatin’” comments on this thread. Gettin’ late, so I’ll check back tomorrow.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Horace on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Wrong. Mitt’s an embarassment.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

After that presser, you must be having several cocktails.

Slainte on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

cozmo

You forgot the gilled one.

Bmore on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Of course Mitt will lose Missouri… it was legal to kill Mormons in Missouri until 1975! petunia on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Please. Give it a rest.

Stray Cat on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh yeah I’m going to vote for the crazy man… nope. We have nukes… and you saw how unstable newt is right there in front of you… no this man can not have the power to start a nuclear war.

petunia on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I believe Jesus Christ is the only way to God! There’s no other way! Now it doesn’t matter if you’re a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, homosexual or whatever… you have the right to be President. That’s not the issue. But there’s no way you can get to God but through Jesus Christ and if you want God to bless America it’s not by murdering millions of babies every year, promoting sodomy as a normal alternative lifestyle and through worshipping false idols.

apocalypse on February 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Wow, what a wonderful juxtaposition against my own beliefs. I don’t believe really any of that except the abortion part. I think that’s abhorrent, but indeed to god to judge, after all, every Sunday school class I ever went to told me he was pro-choice. Free will. Your choice whether to follow or not, and not your job to judge. So I don’t get one. And think they should be outlawed past the first trimester. Beyond that. I don’t think god’s an a**hole, so I pretty much disregard the rest of your take.

Boomer_Sooner on February 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You don’t realize it but you’re in great danger… If your heart stopped beating you will open your eyes in HELL… no horror movie could describe your fright

apocalypse on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I miss Cindy. :(

Midwestprincesse on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Did she go somewhere?

aryeung on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Don’t know what to make of that Fox News ‘analysis.’ Ever since the Florida primary I’ve been hearing them say that Nevada’s Mormon population was going to heavily favor Romney. Gingrich comes out and says Romney got the Mormon vote and they all go into cardiac arrest.

What?

shaloma on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Evidently not.

Bret Baier is now hammering him.

JPeterman on February 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I had to turn it off – I couldn’t watch it anymore.

gophergirl on February 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Lately CNN sounds more reasonable, I don’t watch FNC anymore.

evergreenland on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

truth hurts?

petunia on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Horace

See ya tomorrow on the big day I hope.

Bmore on February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

petunia on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Well he’s getting a lot of practice!

Stray Cat on February 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Gosh, is that your little cry for attention? Do I have to call you all wet again? I thought the first time was sufficient. It’s OK, you can vote for the sad, angry little man at the presser. I don’t mind.

Annoy Sarah Palin, vote Mitt!

MJBrutus on February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

And this is exactly why he shouldn’t be the nominee.

Dark Star on February 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The only candidate that should be a candidate is Santorum.

All of the candidates are HORRIBLE. That is why Mitt supporters are a joke.

Midwestprincesse on February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Newt, Newt, Newt. Sigghhh. So now I’m down to supporting Romney. So be it.

independentvoice on February 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Welcome to the team. We are a tired, pained but still determined bunch. Palinista by way of the Cain Train here, but I’m all about the (Anybody But) O.

thebrokenrattle on February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

petunia

” it was legal to kill Mormons in Missouri until 1975″

I started law school at Mizzou in 1974. Must have missed the class in which that was covered.

Horace on February 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Wrong. Mitt’s an embarassment.

dforston on February 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Everyone on the Fox News panel disagrees.

rubberneck on February 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on February 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yep, how could I forget her…easily.

The most over the edge Romney nutballs tend to be women.

cozmo on February 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I miss Cindy. :(

Midwestprincesse on February 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Did she go somewhere?

aryeung on February 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I haven’t seen her in several days, I’ve missed her too.

shaloma on February 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM