Pelosi on contraception insurance mandate: I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this

posted at 7:00 pm on February 3, 2012 by Tina Korbe

When the administration announced earlier this month that it would stick to its decision to require religiously-affiliated employers to provide their employees with insurance that covers contraception, the national Catholic reaction was, to put it mildly, less than supportive. All across the country, Catholic bishops wrote and read letters to their flocks that read, “We cannot — we will not — comply with this unjust law.”

Today, a CNSNews.com reporter asked Nancy Pelosi whether she would stand with her fellow Catholics and oppose the law or whether she would stand with the administration and support it. The former Speaker of the House responded with this doozy:

“First of all, I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made, and I support it.”

Ack. She must have misunderstood the question. The point of the question was that she can’t have it both ways. This exercise is getting old. When will Pelosi just admit that she doesn’t think the pope and bishops have any more moral authority than she does — and that, on matters of “women’s health,” they have even less? Oh, wait. She has. She has said that she thinks her personal experience of motherhood qualifies her to be her own authority on the abortion issue and she has long lamented the collective Catholic conscience on contraception. Of what, exactly, does her Catholicism consist? At least Joe Biden reportedly fought against the administration’s decision in private negotiations.

Yes, Ms. Pelosi, the administration was so courageous to use this decision to curry favor with voters Obama needs. In fact, isn’t that the definition of courage? To make safe your own hide before you worry about anybody else’s? That sort of example always stirred my heroic impulses, I assure you.

Please, people, pay attention to congressional elections. If you think Pelosi is unbearable now, just imagine her as Speaker of the House again.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

CUNNING STUNT!

400lb Gorilla on February 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

In church lingo, Nasty Pelosi is demon possessed. Or maybe “Pelosi” is just a demon – one that never got mentioned in the bible.

IronDioPriest on February 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Sure she can have it both ways, she just did. Media questions are irrelevant. Resistance is futile.

CrazyGene on February 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Reprehensible….

sandee on February 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM

She’s not completely wrong.

I know plenty of social conservatives here in Oregon who are very pro choice, and voted for Obama.

No matter what I say, or how much proof I show them, they are blissful in their own ignorance.

portlandon on February 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Pelosi will reincarnate as a dung beetle.

darwin on February 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM

400lb Gorilla on February 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

LMNO!!!! (laughing my newt off)

Jailbreak on February 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

She’s delusional. Which is nothing new. Look at her comments right before and right after Democrats lost control of the House.

amerpundit on February 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

LMNO!!!! (laughing my newt off)

Jailbreak on February 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Be sure to wipe your Romney.

portlandon on February 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Cafeteria Catholic is about the most polite way to describe this witch.

CorporatePiggy on February 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Pignorance and standing too near a liberal will do this to the human mind.

HopeHeFails on February 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I’d love to hear some more made-up Bible quotes from her. Surely she’s inventive enough to whip up some for this occasion.

theCork on February 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

OT / Looks like the Judge in Georgia threw out the suits to keep Obama off the ballot. I guess Barry doesn’t have to abide by any of the rules… Just don’t show up and you win…

sandee on February 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Or she just assumes the church agrees with her.

They haven’t kicked her out for her votes so why would she think otherwise.

Betenoire on February 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I’m embarassed I share the same faith as her. She is the epitome of what we call “cafeteria” Catholic. She takes what she likes and leaves the rest.

KickandSwimMom on February 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Catholics for Obama must be a lot like Jews for Hitler.

viking01 on February 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I never know with liberals if they are really this stupid and out of touch or if it is some kind of cunning strategy, at least in thir own minds.

neuquenguy on February 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

“If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein. If there are any circumstances which permit an exception, they do not now occur to us.” –US. Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson for the majority in West Virginia v. Barnette.

So Nancy Pelosi and our constitutional lecturer in chief think they can prescribe that the Catholic church find contraception and abortion orthodox. I guess according to Jackson’s language, Obama and Pelosi are high officials. But they sure seem petty.

radjah shelduck on February 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Well this dove-tails nicely with Ruth Ginsburg torching the Constitution in front of a stone-age culture: a nice Italian girl like Pelosi betraying her faith so that more babies may be killed.

You go, Girls! (Black as death, these two.)

Herald of Woe on February 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

More proof that liberalism is a severe mental disorder.

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Excommunication is what’s called for. Exorcism wouldn’t be effective.

SlaveDog on February 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

There are only two excuses for Pelosi…either she is certifiably insane, she’s simply following the usual lefty playbook.

JetBoy on February 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Pelosi is a “secular Catholic” – in other words, Catholic is a label, it has no impact or influence on how she lives her life.

BD57 on February 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Think how much better America would have been if Nancy Pelosi’s parents, had practised birth control!

KOOLAID2 on February 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Is it too late for Catholic Churches to buy an exemption ?
I’m sure Obama will charge a lot but he is up for sale and doesn’t mind big bucks .
Afterall , thugs do whatever they do for extortion, right ?

burrata on February 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

JetBoy on February 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Or go for option three that Pelosi is as certifiably insane as the usual Lefty playbook.

viking01 on February 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Ack. She must have misunderstood the question.

Of course she didn’t, she’s managing the narrative.

squint on February 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

JetBoy on February 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

They are interchangeable excuses aren’t they..:)

Dire Straits on February 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

neuquenguy on February 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

No liberals are that stupid, and out of touch, otherwise they wouldn’t be liberals.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits-Albert Einstein

Raquel Pinkbullet on February 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Uhm… Nancy… Hello… your fellow Catholics are AGAINST this…

Lawrence on February 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

What a greasy putrid tw*t!!!

royzer on February 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM

As long as the government is paying for it, she’s all in.

davidk on February 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Exactly what Catholic religion does Nancy Pelosi belong to?

Isn’t it about time for Nan to have another audience with the Pope? And this time don’t send her back until you have exorcised all the demons Papa.

Dr Evil on February 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

JetBoy on February 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

A. She is insane
B. Following Playbook
C. A + B

I say C.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Do a majority of Catholics within the United States agree entirely on the Catholic Church’s position regarding contraception?

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

JetBoy on February 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

They are interchangeable excuses aren’t they..:)

Dire Straits on February 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Sorry I didn’t see your post. I thought that it was all of the above but you said they are the same which is like what I was saying.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

What if this woman is senile or has Alzheimer? I can’t be the only one who thinks that her bizarre statements are a sign she needs a check up form the neck up.

Dr Evil on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

The Pope is Catholic too. Must be awkward

entagor on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Normally I try to forgive people for what they have done, particularly after they die. When this witch croaks I will have nothing good to say about her.

bw222 on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Is this what they call a political Hail Mary play?
Sorry… I had to.

Yeah, maybe no one will notice the doublespeak. And her sound engineer can just cut/paste the right parts of the clip to be played for either audience.

PXCharon on February 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I stand by my fellow Catholics, none of whom made a cent off Visa IPO’s…just like me. – Nancy

DHChron on February 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM

What a greasy putrid tw*t!!!

royzer on February 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM

twet? No.
twit? No.
twot? No.
twut? No.

Hmmm.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Say, here’s an idea Catholic church, start excommunicating some of these hypocrites instead of remaining silent.

roy_batty on February 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Yeah, and she also thinks she’s at the forefront of the green transportation movement because she rides a broom to work every day. Delusional.

DaveDief on February 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM

So, I guess this didn’t do any good, huh?

JannyMae on February 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM

“Away with you, viper! I don’t know you” — JC in a few short years..

SailorMark on February 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That Japanese robot is more human than she is.

50sGuy on February 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM

LMNO!!!! (laughing my newt off)

Jailbreak on February 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ummmm… this post is not about Romney or Newt.
U R obsessed.

MontanaMmmm on February 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

No problem..I think that is the point JetBoy was trying to convey..:)

Dire Straits on February 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM

There’s a world of difference between calling yourself a Catholic and being one. If she’s truly honest in the confessional, she should have enough penance to keep her on her knees indefinitely. Or at least long enough to miss the next campaign.

CC Senor on February 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

If it was a case of this only being about contraception, that would still be and anecdotal argument. But the Obamacare mandate doesn’t stop at just birth control- contraception.

Dr Evil on February 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM

The total transformation to Nanny McBotox is complete, what.a.reprehensible.womanthing

NY Conservative on February 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

…and sometimes “twyt.”

viking01 on February 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I live in MA, so I am used to liberal twisting of language to try to fool you again. “Sticking with Catholics” Ick.

As a Catholic, I think they are forcing this issue to make Catholics come out and seem to make a great deal over contraception, and then with the other hand they are going to be doing something even worse.

I am wondering, if anyone knows, where is the Obama care, on providing FREE artificial insemination, surrogacy, IVF treatments, expensive special proceedures that have nothing to do with essential health care in this package…Look for it people, and they will want the sex change operation included there too, paid for by your insurance company.

This is the mandate power of “The Secretary Shall,” make everyone’s policy equal to a cadillac plan. Even if the courts say you don’t have to buy it, they can say at Sebelius’ Health and Human services that it is not an insurance plan without reproductive services.

What I notice from a legal point of view is that people confuse the mandate to actually have insurance with the power to mandate what actually goes into a plan and what insurance companies MAY DO. The Secretary Shall.

If the mandate to have insurance fails the test of the commerce clause, or whatever Obama is having them appeal on, they still get to MANDATE what goes in. Same word, two levels of meaning.

Fleuries on February 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You made a good point also..:)

Dire Straits on February 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

From what I know about Catholicism (Pelosi) and Mormonism (Reid), the two leaders of the progressive movement should be excommunicated from their respective churches.

csdeven on February 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I’m pretty sure that agreeing entirely on the Catholic Church’s position regarding pretty much anything is a requirement to being Catholic.

Spliff Menendez on February 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

This broad is certifiable. The BS that comes out of her mouth is so crazy I cannot believe that she has not been committed yet. Unreal

retiredeagle on February 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

She is deranged, and it shows.

Naturally Curly on February 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Pelosi’s favorite Catholic archbishop, Karen, and Karen’s wife, Alice, both said they were fine with mandatory subsidies of birth control. “Birth control is as common and natural as a topless full-figured lesbian wearing her bib overalls to a guitar mass.” Pelosi had to agree.

RBMN on February 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM

You know, the Catholic Church used to excommunicate people who didn’t follow their teachings. I know my aunt could no longer go to communion after her divorse, for example.

What happened to that Church? If the Pope truly wants to stand by the tenents of the Church, he should make a statement with public figures who don’t abide by them.

My family is at least honest, when we no longer believed many of the tenents of the Church, we left and no longer call ourselves Catholic.

Common Sense on February 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Excommunication is what’s called for. Exorcism wouldn’t be effective.

SlaveDog on February 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

She self-excommunicated a long time ago. She has formally taught abortion as an acceptable part of the Catholic faith.

She may also already be formally excommunicated… that would likely be a private matter between her and her bishop.

theCork on February 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Asked to clarify her response, the former Speaker replied, “Well, I personally think that… Hey! Look! It’s that stupid Sarah Palin!!!”

arik1969 on February 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

and pelosi, which Catholics would those be? I am Catholic and I know many, many, many Catholics, and not one would support an abortion mandate. Oh, and if you support abortion, you are NOT Catholic. Read your Catechism, lady. And the Ten Commandments.

chai on February 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Common Sense on February 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Too bad. As a recent convert, I realize that Catholicism is the religion God gave mankind.

chai on February 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You made a good point also..:)

Dire Straits on February 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Thanks.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM

She is just so used to saying incredibly stupid things and not being called on it by her stooges in the main stream media. I think that she believes every word she utters and lives in her little left wing world in SanFran with impunity.

Alferd Packer on February 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Pelosi will reincarnate as a dung beetle.
darwin on February 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM

You’re wrong, she’ll be reincarnated as a fetus that will be aborted in the third trimester.

RMOccidental on February 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Nancy Pelosi will be 72 years old on her upcoming birthday in late March.

Since we can’t expect San Francisco’s liberal voters to vote her out of office, the best way to get Pelosi out of Congress is to work hard to make sure the Republican Congressional candidate in your district wins his/her election in November.

If we can make sure the Republicans win an embarrassingly large majority in the House of Representatives in November, the Democrats might finally strip Pelosi of her leadership status.

Without the power that comes with leadership status, it would be easier to persuade Nancy Pelosi to retire to spend more time with her many grandchildren. Or at least it would be more likely that she might decide not to run for re-election in 2014.

The key is to elect as many Republicans as possible to the House of Representatives in 2012.

Please let us all know who the best Republican candidate is in your Congressional district.

wren on February 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM

theCork

Nancy once said that her favorite word in the Bible was “Word.”
As Casey Stengel once said, “You can look it up.”

Deep, deep theological thinking. Is well on her way to being declared a “Doctor of the Church,” right up there with Aquinas.

Actually, I keep reading what she said and it makes me queasy.

Is sorta like trying to interpret the meaning of what are alleged to be Emerson’s last words: “Moose…Indian…”

Horace on February 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM

She didn’t misunderstand the question. That is just how the San Fran Grand Nan operates. Go with your talking points and do not stop until they walk away.

That was the talking point her handlers gave her and she stuck with it to the bitter stupefying end. I sincerely believe this women is on the brink of dementia. So far she is a functioning dementia but I do not giver her much longer. I think if the truth be told her handlers know this, but the thirst of once again being the staffer of ‘the Speaker of the House’ keeps the front up.

uhangtight on February 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Again, the Church attempted to shake hands with the devil for years and the social justice BS. Well, this is what you get, the bishops cannot have it both ways and now they have been had. First they came for the Catholics,,,,,,,

retiredeagle on February 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

*DID* ugh..

uhangtight on February 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Spliff Menendez on February 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Let me try to untangle this. The Catholic Church is not a democracy, so “a majority” is irrelevant. Do you understand? True Catholics are with the Pope. You have to be obedient.

Second, nice try denigrating the religion with “agreeing with pretty much anything.” There is a lot the Church does NOT say, in part because the Church believes people have free will. However, when it comes to killing babies, yes, you are right, the Church has in fact taken a stand. And Pelosi has divorced herself from that position. So, not only is she NOT Catholic, but even a Muslim would not respect her, because he would see that she was defying her own religion.

Herald of Woe on February 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Anyone who doesn’t know Pelosi is insane, should be denied the right to vote.

volsense on February 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You don’t get it, do ya? It’s not what “a majority of Catholics” agree upon. It’s what the Church teaches. Those who claim to be Catholic, but favor contraception and abortion, are not true to what the Church teaches and are CINO. People like Pelosi are using the label ‘Catholic’ only to garner votes with those who are. They are imposters, plain and simple.

chewmeister on February 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Herald of Woe

You are correct, Sir.

A Roman Catholic must give, at the very least, inner consent to the infallible teachings of the Magisterium. Condemnation of abortion, which the Church calls “an unspeakable act,” is one of those and goes back to the very beginning.

However, consent and obedience do not apply to all things, such as discipline or opinions, e.g. I disagreed with JPII’s opinion on the death penalty and I disagreed with the discipline of Paul VI’s New Mass.

Nancy is speaking and acting contrary to a magisterial teaching to which consent must be given. She is way over the line into apostasy.

Horace on February 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

RMOccidental on February 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

+ 100

Tim Zank on February 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

twet? No.
twit? No.
twot? No.
twut? No.

Hmmm.

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

it’s missing an “a”

royzer on February 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

What Pelosi MEANT to say was “I’m going to stick it to those fellows, the Catholics, and support the administration on this.”

This cretinous heretic excommunicated herself years ago. Her bishop has exhausted every avenue to try to return her to spiritual sanity. She not only supports abortion, she is an active advocate.

Pelosi should simply drop the pretense of being even a nominal Catholic.

marybel on February 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

The Catholic Church should finally move to excommunicate her. That would finally send the message that they need to send.

mouell on February 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No, Nancy Palosi most definintely does NOT think she’s the Pope.

Like all liberals, Nancy Pelosi believes that she is God.

logis on February 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM

If not, Pelosi is correct to say that Catholics are on her side.

Mister Mets on February 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

This is evidence of the biggest problem with trying to have intelligent conversation on these issues. The Catholic Church does not operate by majority rule; never has, never will.

If Pelosi had said a significant number of people who call themselves Catholic are on her side that would be correct. What she actually said, and, sadly, probably believes, is absolute hogwash.

Kathleen Sebelius is, allegedly, a Catholic. We are not supposed to judge others, that is, it is not for us to say anything about the eternal destination of our fellow man. Even so, I sure as heck wouldn’t want to be her (or Pelosi or Biden or Murray or Gregoire (WA gov)) on that final day.

Any Catholic who seriously thinks this rule is a good idea or something to which the Church should just “adapt” needs to seriously re-think their position, look into what the Church actually teaches and either accept it or go join a church that supports their view. There are certainly enough out there to choose from.

Lammo on February 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM

RMOccidental on February 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

+ 100
Tim Zank on February 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Auugghhhhh . . . . . lousy poetic justice . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

truly. She’s also flush with victory over Komen also. She hasn’t been this thrilled since the Visa IPO

r keller on February 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

corrupt, crazy pelsoi is, once again, so drunk even she doesn’t know what she’s saying.

While she mis-served as THE WORST SPEAKER IN AMERICAN HISTORY, we taxpayers shelled out more than $10,000 PER MONTH for crazy pelosi’s liquor tab! (Not to mention the $18,736 PER MONTH we payed for her San Francisco office, plus the hundreds of thousands for her constant use of huge military jets for her, and her family members’, personal transport. And then there’s the more than $5 TRILLION in increased American debt she wasted.) One thing we can deduce from that: crazy pelosi is almost ALWAYS drunk as a skunk, so we can expect her to make as much sense as charlie sheen in her statements. What’s most amazing, of course, is that she can ever make a statement WITHOUT FALLING OVER.

Seriously, just how drunk do you have to be to say something like: “We have to pass the bill [obozocare] so that you can find out what’s in it.” or “…elections shouldn’t matter as much as they do…” ?

Get help, pelosi — AA has a huge team waiting just for you.

TeaPartyNation on February 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

It certainly isn’t the first time she’s invoked Catholicism incorrectly in the most callous way possible in her misplaced zeal for Obamacare. I’m sure it won’t be the last. Driving home from work, I almost wrecked my car when I heard the radio clip of her little “pronouncement.”

PatriotGal2257 on February 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Nazi Pillosi is the poster “child” for post birth abortion.

S. D. on February 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Pelosi is one of those individuals whom… there’s no polite way to say it, so I’m not going to.

Perhaps stark raving mad would fit. She obviously doesn’t pay attention to the news.

Maybe it’s time the Catholic Church start excommunicating people like her. People who use their Catholic religion to be anything they want it to be, regardless of dogma.

sadatoni on February 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM

When the administration announced earlier this month

LMAO.

Um…..it’s Feb 3rd.

Why not just say 2 days ago?

Tim_CA on February 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Fleuries on February 3, 2012 at 7:28 PM

As a Mass resident can you tell me: Does RomneyCare tell Catholics to take their conscience exemptions and stuff it?

Buy Danish on February 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Evidently in Nancy-poos world, Barry Obama runs the Catholic Church.

GarandFan on February 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I have to admire it.

It’s so perfectly barefaced. So utterly, completely pure. No batted eyelash. No stammering blush. Much, much more impressive than “I did not have sex with that woman. Ms. Lewinsky.”

I didn’t know a person’s brain, conspiring with their ego, could attain this level of … arrogant … whatever this terrible and dead thing is.

But I never want to look at her again.

Axe on February 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Evidently in Nancy-poos world, Barry Obama runs the Catholic Church.

GarandFan on February 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

According to the Botox Queen….that’s her job. She speaks for all of her “fellow catholics”.

The hubris of this nutcase knows no bounds, nor does she have even the semblance of a moral compass.

Tim_CA on February 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

John 11:35.

Mason on February 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

theCork on February 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM

In this case, the bishop should make an excommunication a public manner. She is a heretic – and that’s a damning enough charge (it was for Galileo) as her actions are publicly damaging to the church as a whole, regardless if she left or not. (I doubt she ever did leave; it’s very likely that the church in San Fran is so lax and immoral that no one has EVER cared to call her out.)

I’d go one step further and publicly excommunicate her entire family for life. All of them.

Myron Falwell on February 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

She is sooooo smart! It’s scary.

miron on February 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

She is sooooo smart! It’s scary.

miron on February 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It is scary.

Axe on February 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

SparkPlug on February 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

sometimes twyt

(but that’s not it either).

Tim_CA on February 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Horace on February 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

And thus explains why Martin Luther split from the church and spurred the Protestant Reformation. (For those who don’t know, he was a German monk who refused to comply with the practice of indulgences – basically offering a payment to the church in order for the sacrament of reconciliation – and openly left the church.)

Myron Falwell on February 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM