Romney: Oh, you’d better believe I support automatic increases to the minimum wage

posted at 6:02 pm on February 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Mitt Romney is concerned about the very poor.”

You make the call. Is this (a) a pander aimed at doing damage control for this morning’s gaffe heard ’round the political world, (b) an early sign of Romney’s inevitable shift towards the center in the general election, or (c) a way to inoculate himself from new anti-Bain attacks from Newt? The Hill calls this “a break from fiscal conservative orthodoxy,” but that reminds me of Dan McLaughlin’s piece a few weeks ago remembering how the party ended up defending Nixon on his many breaks from conservative orthodoxy too. The haunting quote: “We can stand for Romney, but we’ll find soon enough that that’s all we stand for.” I guess soon enough we’ll stand for this:

Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney renewed his support Wednesday for automatic increases in the federal minimum wage to keep pace with inflation, a position sharply at odds with traditional GOP business allies, conservatives and the party’s senior lawmakers…

Congress first enacted federal minimum wage legislation in 1938 and has raised it sporadically in the years since. The last increase, approved in 2007, took effect in three installments and reached $7.25 an hour for covered workers effective July 24, 2009.

It has never been allowed to rise automatically, as Romney envisions.

Organized labor generally supports increases in the minimum wage, and Romney’s position could give him cross-over appeal among blue-collar Democrats in a general election campaign.

In case you can’t guess what the Chamber of Commerce thinks this will do to small businesses, follow the first link up top and scroll down. Question: Is this yet another Romney flip flop? Kinda sorta, says The Hill:

“I haven’t changed my thoughts on that,” Romney told reporters aboard his campaign plane Wednesday, according to the Associated Press. The former governor was apparently referring to a statement he made in 2002 when running for governor of Massachusetts, when he advocated an increase in the minimum wage and indexing it to inflation – a proposal President Obama touted in 2008 during his presidential run.

But in 2006 Romney vetoed an increase in Massachusetts’s minimum wage, arguing that a salary hike would cause a loss of jobs.

It’s his health care spin in reverse: He defends RomneyCare on grounds that it wasn’t a one-size-fits-all plan imperiously imposed on the entire country, and yet when it comes to minimum wage hikes, he thinks the one-size-fits-all option is apparently way to go. Mystifying, especially since he’s on record as governor as saying that the minimum wage kills jobs. Maybe he figures that if he came out against this now, the media would dig up his 2002 support for a minimum wage hike and use it to call him a flip-flopper? I’m having trouble understanding it otherwise except as a pure pander. But take it as further evidence that Mark Steyn was right in his post this morning at the Corner about Romney’s “safety net” comments: Whatever else you’re getting by electing this guy, it’s not a warrior against the “Even Greater Society.”

Via BuzzFeed, here he is this afternoon (after being glitter-bombed) reminding conservatives again that he really, really loves America.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Mitt Romney can make water run uphill.

csdeven on February 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Well since you hang upside down like a fruit bat it just looks that way to you. Haven’t you noticed when you crap that it drips off the top of your head. Its cause you hang upside down by your tiny claws.

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I think ann coulter has lost her mind, I never really liked her, but she is really losing it over Mittens. Wow!

angrymike on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

angrymike on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yep. Being a shot jock can make you loopy.

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM

This man is useless.

AshleyTKing on February 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Romney cannot answer questions unless they are pre-screened and the answers scripted for him.

Otherwise, he puts his foot in his mouth even deeper than it already is.

Maybe Romney should get a teleprompter considering there is really difference between he and Obama. It must be true if Soros, the learned Marxist, says so!

Sparky5253 on February 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

RightWay79 on February 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Thanks for doing that. When I look at Romney I have huge questions about his sincerity about what he actually believes, and therefore question if I could vote for his ideals (since he has not explained them). Trust me his last statement does not help him. (I just wired money to my parents business, hoping to keep things alive and expect we can. However do you think I could reach into his wallet and help my parents out by handing my $60, Do you think that would matter a damn?

No I do not think that would be possible.

So to me Rommeny is fake and not too be trusted. (Honestly watch him backtrack after this statement.)

Then I have Newt, A morally corrupt bastard that actually managed to accomplish something but I have to question his morals.

Then you have the f’n nut Ron Paul.

I honestly can’t believe anyone would vote for him, yet my brother is thinking about it.

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I find the hysteria here predictable and laughable. This does not make Romney any less of a capitalist

Basilsbest on February 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM

we shall excuse him for now that he didn’t subscribe to Newtron’s ‘capitalist’ idea (or shall I call it braifart) of reviving the economy by putting children from poor neighborhoods to work, as janitors if possible :)…

jimver on February 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Got you beat. $.80 an hour working 40 hours a week when I was 11 at a place called “Old McDonalds Farm”

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

$5 a day mowing lawns with a push mower for 8 to 12 hours a day at age 12 to 17. But I did get free drinks and a lunch with that. Of course, my employer was family… an uncle…

astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Why do I get the feeling that if someone glitter bombed Obama, that person would never be seen or heard from ever again.

The Count on February 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Not a big surprise. Romney never pretended to be a conservative.

Now if only the GOP would just stop pretending that it wasn’t a progressive party…

This ain’t the party of Reagan, this is the Bull Moose Progressive Party of Teddy Roosevelt and post-1912 fracture GOP of Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon, Nelson Rockefeller and the Bush family.

At least now you know, right?

SuperCool on February 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

This is the knee jerk Anti-Romney site. Headline designed to get a Pavlov response from the deluded Newt crowd. Headline should have been Mitt Romney renewed his support Wednesday for automatic increases in the federal minimum wage to keep pace with inflation

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM

“I feel your pain”. I also did that for an old lady. I was paid $5 for her lawn, the “old bat” (actually she was a very nice lady) did not think to provide me water.

Sad thing is my Mom “enslaved me” with the job, something about charity and helping out others which I never understood when I was 10. I never asked my mom but I bet the $5 came from my mom and not the “old bat” I had to help out when I was 10.

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

People have been telling me for almost four years that this is the guy. When I say that he’s going to hemorrhage votes from conservatives and libertarians, they say “poo-poo”. Yet somehow, he keeps giving the ball away.

I brewed and bottled a 10% beer recently. I’d better start distilling something to kill brain cells on election night.

Physics Geek on February 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

SuperCool on February 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I used to comment on cluelessness of black voter who automatically vote Democrat regardless of the fact that the Dems don’t do anything other that pay lip service to them. We conservatives are in the same boat in the GOP. I don’t know how many more decades of Doles, Bushes, McCains and Romneys it will take, but I wonder if at some point conservatives are going to wise up and start supporting conservative candidates regardless of party affiliation. If we are the majority we think we are we should soon see the Dems (and Republicans) moving to the right to get out vote, one can only dream…

neuquenguy on February 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I had one of those Mom’s who enslaved for charity as well. Was “forced” to charge .25 cents an hour to babysit the “poor” neighbor who had four kids, but were a young couple and just needed to get out for a date every other week or so. I didn’t understand that charity bit at 10/11 either. The kids were the spawn of SATAN!

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Adjusted for inflation?? Increases in wages CAUSE inflation!!

Dollayo on February 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This is the knee jerk Anti-Romney site

Excuse me – I’m not knee jerk – I’m principaled. I can certainly except less than perfect, but don’t feed me chickens**t and tell me its chicken salad.

LilyBart on February 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

What are you Mittbots going to do when you don’t have Newt for a handy tu quoque “argument” or some nice demonization?

ddrintn on February 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I’m not a Newt supporter. I’m a Perry supporter who is now supporting Santorum.
I’m pretty much had enough of both Mitt AND Newt.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

neuquenguy on February 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Yes, well, look how black Republicans are treated. This woman is running in a D+23 district.

Dollayo on February 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Actually in my case my mom was right and it taught me a good life lesson. The time she tried to find me the job with pot smokers and nee-do-wells…lets just say I learned to speak “mom” by the age of 15.

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I actually enjoyed it. I knew my uncle needed the help. I got some spending money and figured out how much it cost my Grandmother to feed me the things I was asking for. My second job was picking strawberries, paid by the pint. I think I complained three times in a single week, but it was after one of the people we mowed lawns for, trimmed trees and hedges for made a pass at me. A gay pass, I was 14 at the time. I just did not want to be on that property, period.

astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

My first ‘job’ was babysitting my much younger sibling(I occasionally refer to him here as ‘my brother the dope-head naderite)and I didn’t get paid. My first PAYING job was working as an usher/coat checker in a local(stage) theatre for 5 bucks a day.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Artificial wages mandated by the government help no one except Liberals to feel good about themselves.

On the other hand, we won’t see market forces concerning wages work to the benefit of the average American as long as cheap immigrant labor isn’t reined in, nor as long as American companies use cheap labor overseas.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

F15Mech on February 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Oh, I think mine was right as well. One is never too young to learn to help others out. Builds character as they say:-) So did making my own money, tiny as it was, at that age. It forged a desire to continue said making of money for myself in many an entrepreneurial way, as I didn’t get an allowance.

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

But he’s a conservative!!

Soooo, how long do you think it will take before Ann Coulter writes a column claiming that conservatives have always supported automatic minimum wage increases?

tom on February 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Allah Rush and Levin just got pwned by good ol Jen Rubin

Jailbreak on February 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha.. gasp… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. heheheehehehehehehehe…..snork… giggle.

Uh yes, okay, sure. Bless your heart and be sure to cross when it’s green. Green, okay?

kim roy on February 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That sounds like fun! Live live theater.

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Live Love live theater.

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

LazyHips on February 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

LOL, this dude is suffering from some kind of psychotic multiple personality disorder. Or he’s simply a pandering ‘say anything’ f@#$wit politician.

I wonder which.

A ‘conservative’ he isn’t. C’mon, Romney supporters who claim to be conservatives – defend this a$#hat some more, please, if you can. LOL

Midas on February 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

And there you are with the kneejerk pro-Romney response – you know, rather than a defense of what he said – which you simply cannot make.

Thanks for another example of how blockheaded so many Romney “supporters who *know* he’s not conservative, but damnit are going to support him anyway” are!

Midas on February 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Romney = RINO swine

Norwegian on February 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Awwwwww…..wadda madder widdle baby? Did the mean old Mitt Romney 8itch slap your corrupt candidate and now your widdle fweelings are hurt?

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

HA is not anti-Romney. It’s just that Ed, Allah, and Tina know their crowd. These whining little 8itches heads exploded yesterday and they are going nuts exaggerating every little flaw they perceive from Romney. They NEED to have some threads that give them permission to indulge themselves in their trademark circle jerks until their orgasm just from their Romney hate.

But they wont turn that overactive sense of justice toward the only politician in the race with a long, long, long history of lying, corruption, adultery, progressive policies, and extremely erratic behavior. They have two traits that drive every comment they make. First, they hate Romney with every fiber of their being. Their souls are sick with acrimony and rancor. If they could, they would spit their last breath at him for hates sake. Second, they are reeling from the embarrassment of their epically failed promises and predictions concerning the outcome of Florida. This was their last chance at resurrecting the glory days when St Palin the Victimized had them convinced that she was just days away from fulfilling their wildest dreams of a childish recalcitrant campaign filled with school yard taunts, using their potty mouths right to Obama’s face, and finally crushing the establishment.

Do not take them seriously. They clearly were picked on in the 7th grade and have been waiting for a format that allows them to create “bullies” that they can call dirty names without having to face that person. This is why they flock to Neutron Newt. He is the same way. As long as he can have an uninterrupted rant in which his opponent cannot respond, he comes off as tough and committed. But as we have seen, every time he goes after a real person who can respond, he is beat like a rented mule.

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Everyone understands what Romney is talking about from the headline. The same thing happens to government employees pay and Social Security checks.

That doesn’t make it any more defensible. The minimum wage is, for the most part, wrongheaded. It doesn’t keep wages high, it instead forbids labor less than the set value, while damaging the purchasing power of the 98% of households who make more than it (or who did before the Pelosi Congress, anyway). You can justify occasionally, grudgingly, setting it slightly higher if you’re convinced people shouldn’t be allowed to work for less than a certain amount. In general, even that’s a bad idea, because the next Democratic congress is going to raise it anyway, no matter how high you set it, because that’s what Democrats do just after taking office.

The minimum wage is something to be opposed or tolerated by economic conservatives. It’s not something to be assumed as a good in its own right and promoted. It’s certainly not something to be given to Democrats as another permanent, ever-increasing entitlement for which all Republicans will share equal blame forever.

HitNRun on February 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Nonsense. It was hilarious and you are a fruit bat.

One more time for posterity:

Mitt Romney can make water run uphill.

csdeven on February 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yep. Still funny and accurate.

kim roy on February 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

It’s hard out here for a (gulp) Romney supporter.

Jaibones on February 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Yep. Still funny and accurate.

kim roy on February 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Well aren’t you precious! Do all the years of self loathing melt away from your psyche when you get to get some pay back on some imagined boogie man? For your sake, I hope so. It would be a shame if you had to continue to hate yourself.

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yep. Still funny and accurate.

kim roy on February 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM

What in the world are you talking about?

Oh right. This:

Mitt Romney can make water run uphill.

csdeven on February 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM

SparkPlug on February 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Methinks this upsets you way more than your nonsensical attempt at… well, I’m not really sure what you were attempting to do.

Fruit bat? Nope. Not old just yet.

kim roy on February 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM

What in the world are you talking about?

kim roy on February 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Keep working on it. You’ll figure it out.

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

a (gulp) Romney supporter.

Jaibones on February 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Yes, that’s the sound I most frequently associate with them, as well.

Kent18 on February 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Kent18 on February 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Swallow hard then, Lad…this is going to sting a bit. But it will be good medicine in the long run.

Jaibones on February 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Jaibones on February 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM

*yaaawwwwwnnnnnn* Failed schoolyard reverse is failed.

Got an older sibling who can step in for you, maybe? Might present more of a challenge.

Kent18 on February 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM

[...]

[...]

[...]

Ah. Of course. School night.

Kent18 on February 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Sarah Palin told you that the candidates needed more vetting. Too bad the Rombots didn’t realize that it would only take 24 hours for Palin to be proven to be the Prophet from Wasilla!
victor82 on February 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yep. And even with Gingrich and Santorum still in the race Mitt still wanders left. We need people in there for as long as possible pulling him to the right. Why? Because no one truly believes his default settings are conservative. Palin was right again.

Dongemaharu on February 2, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Jailbird,jailbones
Some please tell me there isn’t more and their not cloned!

angrymike on February 2, 2012 at 5:50 AM

angrymike on February 2, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Socks traditionally come in pairs, if you take my meaning. ;)

Kent18 on February 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Since Mitt is the “economic” genius, maybe you should send this along to him…and also a reminder to you what real economics is about.

Remember, what the minimum wage actually does is outlaw work that is worth less than the minimum wage. So if your labor is only worth $6/hr right now, you aren’t allowed to work.

HitNRun on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

right2bright on February 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Kent18
Got ya, sock puppets!
Wonder if they can post at the same rime?

angrymike on February 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Roops
Time

angrymike on February 2, 2012 at 6:53 AM

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Cry more

Daemonocracy on February 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I do not care what anyone says. I cannot and will not vote for Mitt Romney.

There shouldn’t even be an official minimum wage. It drives up prices and unemployment. What we need is a legitimate small-government candidate who can make the case to the American people about how the free market should set the “minimum wage” and why that would make everyone better off.

Romney is a waste of a nomination. Even if he wins the election, America loses (again).

DRayRaven on February 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Romney “IF you disagree with anything I say just wait I will say something you will agree with on the same subject.”

William Amos on February 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

About sums up MR’s whole career. Only he doesn’t just say crap to appease he does crap.

yhxqqsn on February 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Face it. We’re screwed.

TitularHead on February 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Willard, to Florida “conservatives”

Suckas!

james23 on February 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM

*@!%&%$!!! Not what I wanted to see first thing this morning. Thank you Florida.

dmn1972 on February 2, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Welcome to America 2012. There are now two major political parties. The socialists(formely republican) and the communists(formerly the socialists which was formerly the democrat party).

bgibbs1000 on February 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM

ATTENTION ROMNEY CAMPAIGN:
Hire some Conservatives. Indoctrinate your candidate.
Waterboard if necessary.

A minimum wage, if one exists at all, should be a State issue. Ideally, it should be eliminated since it kills jobs.
Want teens off the streets? Let a store hire them for $5/hour to sweep floors or pick up trash in parking lots.

Dexter_Alarius on February 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

csdeven on February 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM

How is your payment from the DNC calculated? By insults thrown or do they wait until the election results are known?

If you are not getting something from them, you should email a link to this thread to them as an example of the powers of your powers to sow the seeds of division. They may decide to bankroll you.

Nathan_OH on February 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I wasn’t here yesterday for this discussion. Allow me to cut and paste a comment from another thread:

As for the federal minimum wage, I don’t believe in it and would like to see legislation repealing it, but it is highly unlikely it will be repealed anytime soon (if states want to set a higher minimum wage they can do so at their peril). As such, it may makes more sense to tie increases (or decreases!) to the inflation rate than to the arbitrary and highly politicized increases passed by Congress. If you look at historical charts, it’s immediately evident that congress raises rates far higher than the rate of inflation.

Look at rates after Dems took over Congress in 2006:

Minimum wage: 2007 $5.85; 2008 $6.55; 2009 $7.25
Inflation rate: 2007 2.85%; 2008 3.85%; 2009 -.34%.

I’ll let you all do the exact calculations, but clearly a .70 cents per hour increase of $5.85 to $6.55 is waaaay more than the 1% increase in the inflation rate.

Buy Danish on February 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Buy Danish on February 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM

There’s a recurring theme on Hot Air posts – “Can you believe this guy said this? He is a RINO!”

When are these stories going to stop being a surprise? Any smart conservative that wants to win the general election will start to drift his position towards the middle once he is assured he can pull off the primary race.

Why is this so hard to figure out?

michaelthomas on February 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

“I haven’t changed my thoughts on that,” Romney told reporters

I haven’t “changed my thoughts” on a lot of things over the years.
I however, am not a well-known flip-flopping, finger-in-wind kinda guy though.
Jeebus. People actually vote for that maroon?
Are those of you who claim to be “conservative” okay with that?

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on February 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Buy Danish on February 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Whatever rationalization you want to spew forth, automatic increases would compromise both the laws of the free market and State Sovereignty and would be built into the system making hikes all the more likely than they are now.

It is ok to say Romney is wrong once in a while.

Daemonocracy on February 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Mormontheman on February 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

There’s a difference between your headline and the one that went up? For the last five decades minimum wage was a key difference between Republicans and Democrats. Apparently, Romney hasn’t learned conservative-speak or the Republican Party is now firmly in the control of liberals.

Portia46 on February 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

If I was President, I’d propose a Constitutional Ammendment that stipulates a prerequisite that one must pass a course on basic economics before being allowed to vote.

Decoski on February 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

As usual, HotGas makes a mountain out of a mole-hill to try to get to Romney. I couldnt find where Romney said anything significant regarding the minimum wage. Yes, minimum wages are not a good idea. But guess what? If you want to get elected to a national role, you have to be for minimum wages. Otherwise, you make yourself irrelevant as Sarah Half-Term. Besides, Rush and Levin need something to rant about.

Jailbreak on February 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Yup. You have to be for saving car companies and Goldman Sachs and gun laws to save the varmints too. So, what exactly IS the difference between Obama and Romney? At least Obama can sing.

Portia46 on February 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM

You are pathetic. You’ll compromise all of your beliefs for one man in one election cycle; assuming you ever had any beliefs to begin with. BLAH BLAH BLAH…
Daemonocracy on February 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

You are a hyperbolic fool. I stipulated I don’t like the law and would like to see it repealed. The system which is now in place already infringes upon “state sovereignty”. I am all in favor of repealing the law and letting the individual states decide if they want a minimum wage. But that is not the situation we are in. Until this law is repealed (don’t hold your breath!) how do you suggest hourly rates be calculated? At least the inflation rate is less arbitrary and subject to the whims of politicians than the current ‘model’.

Buy Danish on February 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Daemonocracy on February 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM

You are a hyperbolic fool.

Buy Danish on February 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

No, you’re pathetic. ANYthing ROmney says or does, you’ll find a rationalization pronto. And these are the people who’ve been going around calling everyone else “cultists”.

ddrintn on February 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Why is this so hard to figure out?

michaelthomas on February 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Seriously? Romney’s strategy is to hope conservatives move to the left to elect him?

Good luck with that.

TitularHead on February 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Okay Romney, I know, you’re no ideological purist. You’re the compromise that gets us closest to a win. I’ve been willing to make that compromise, but why do you have to keep making it harder?

netster007x on February 4, 2012 at 5:43 AM