Palin: Yes, I’d vote for Newt in Nevada to keep the race going

posted at 9:37 pm on January 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

She’s made this point about keeping the primaries going at least three times before, I believe. Has any Fox News reporter thought to ask her point-blank yet whether in theory that would mean encouraging people to vote for Romney if suddenly there were a big momentum shift and Newt started winning states? Somehow it’s hard for me to imagine that, but she should at least have a chance to answer. Also, what’s the endgame here? The idea is that the race should roll on because “competition breeds success.” Fair enough; in that case, presumably undecideds in any given state should vote for whichever candidate is behind at any given moment in order to extend the primary as long as possible. Is that correct, or are we looking at a shorter timeline? I’m skeptical that there are many Republicans who want this race to go all the way to the convention while Obama builds up his arsenal, but presumably most voters are happy to let it go on a while longer. How long is optimal? Super Tuesday? A bit longer than that? I’m asking earnestly. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Bluegill nobody is all that thrilled with this field.

But, you have to have something to vote FOR. We don’t.

So what do you do in that situation? You try to find other ways to combat progressivism.

I’ll vote for any of the other three candidates, even Ron Paul over Romney simply because Romney is the only one of the four who cannot claim even ONE conservative or libertarian accomplishment.

If you want to know how much little respect I have for Romney and the GOP Establishment, I was a worker in NY-23 in 2009 helping Doug Hoffman when Newt’s endorsement of Scozzafava came down.

Now think about that. I wanted to wring Newt’s neck when he did that. At that point he was done to me.

Now, after comparing his record and everything to Romney, he clearly would be a better Prez than Romney. That tells you something: I believe the danger is progressivism and Romney and Obama represent that philosophy.

Romney talks a good game but nobody believes he is a conservative.

Look at your own comments. You still cannot articulate a reason to vote for the perpetual liar Romney.

And you have had how much time? The truth is that other than the fact his name ain’t Obama, he has nothing to vote FOR.

KirknBurker on February 1, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Palin: Yes, I’d vote for Newt in Nevada November to keep the race going Obama in the White House.

Thar! All fixed fir yer, Sarah!

Resist We Much on February 1, 2012 at 4:28 AM

You are nothing but a thumb-sucking crybaby….

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Now that is the way to influence people to come to your candidate’s side./s

Unfortunately for you, your opinion doesn’t matter more than anyone else’s, but you certainly think it does. Next time, try to genuinely influence with facts and not opinion. That probably would work better.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Right on.

And if there is one thing I’m NOT going to burn a calorie on, its …

moderation…

when what we need is relentless reform to get away from the edge or precipice.

KirknBurker on February 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM

KirknBurker on February 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM

I don’t get it. History shows that the moderate message does not change anything. What we need in this country are conservative solutions and sudden relentless reform. Of course, that kind of thinking is very threatening to the moderates.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Sarah Palin is not someone to be taken seriously. If Palin had made an understandable and principled endorsement like Michelle Malkin did, then I could at least have some respect for Palin. At least Malkin is able to thoroughly explain her position.

Palin is saying to vote for the unelectable and corrupt Newt Gingrich so that “the process” can continue? Excuse me, but how about we vote for whomever we believe would be the best president or would be the one with the best chance of defeating Obama? Hypocrite Palin says nothing of the disgusting smears coming out of Newt’s mouth.

Palin’s cutesy little coy act is getting VERY TIRESOME. She ought to do what Malkin did and explain who she supports and why she supports them. Palin is endorsing Newt, but is doing it in such a way that, she believes, will allow her to later say she never endorsed anyone. It’s asinine. This woman is a joke.

No wonder most conservatives have apparently grown sick and tired of Sarah Palin’s whole smiley/aren’t-I-adorable bunch of baloney.

Whenever Sarah Palin is featured on Fox News to offer some, *ahem*, “insight” , I have to cringe… rarely does she say anything worth listening to.

The fact that some people worship this woman just boggles the mind. They are the same as the Obama worshipers. They seem to worship Palin’s fabricated image, and will try to defend her no matter what stupid thing (like quitting her governor job!) she does.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Bluegill nobody is all that thrilled with this field.

KirknBurker on February 1, 2012 at 4:28 AM

You are living in a blog bubble. You don’t speak for most people, so don’t tell me that “nobody” is thrilled with this field.

I am extremely happy that Romney will be our nominee. Finally we’ll have a nominee that we can be proud to present.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:49 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM,
You bring nothing to the table. You are a laughing stock. You take her pretty darn seriously if are writing a few paragraph long diatribe at 4:43 AM. Unless you live in another country that is pretty late.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 4:49 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM

You spend an inordinately amount of time bashing Palin. I get it. You don’t like her, but rehashing the same talking points over and over is getting tedious. It doesn’t change anyone’s opinion, but I am sure it gives you great satisfaction. Maybe you are right and Romney will win the nomination and the Presidency. If he does and governs like a conservative I will be pleasantly surprised. The glitch in all this is that he has no conservative accomplishments but he does talk a good game. Unfortunately, I am looking to support someone that walks the walk and I am not sure that is Romney.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Now that is the way to influence people to come to your candidate’s side./s

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM

You and the other thumb-sucking crybaby KirknBurker can sit on your hands this election day for all I care.

You think you represent so many people, but you don’t. Like I said, crybabies are neither needed nor wanted.

I would gladly vote for whomever the Republican is because I want Obama gone.

You crybabies are just pouting because your guy, the corrupt unelectable Newt, has been rejected by voters. Deal with it. Or maybe you’re still upset about the quitter Sarah Palin not having the guts to run. Oh, well. Grow up.

Obama will be defeated, make no mistake. And it will be without the help of you few handful of people. No one should be pandering to people like you.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Hey bluegill, Try writing without using hyperbolic language, your arguments would probably penetrate then. Castigating your audience, and their values is not going to win people to your side. Try reading,”how to win friends and influence people”, by Dale Carnegie, it was written quite sometime ago but the advice in it is timeless.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Sarah Palin is not someone to be taken seriously. bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Neither are you. I scroll past your posts without reading them.

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM

And where is that poster “haner”, tonight? Please don’t tell me he got banned.

LiquidH2O on February 1, 2012 at 4:56 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Ok, maybe you aren’t one of the crybabies like KirknBurker, but I will tell you that I will voice my criticism of Sarah Palin wherever and whenever I want.

This woman Palin does not deserve the platform she has been given. The Fox News hosts kiss up to her like there’s no tomorrow, but that treatment is NOT deserved.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Hey bluegill, May the good Lord bless your pea-picking heart, as Tennessee Ernie Ford used to always say on tv.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 4:58 AM

And where is that poster “haner”, tonight? Please don’t tell me he got banned.

LiquidH2O on February 1, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Why yes he did. It was in the Open Thread, I can’t remember where.

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 4:59 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:49 AM,
Nobody is proud of Romney outside of the Mormon fanboys. The turnout for Florida is way down. If Romney is the nominee turnout will be crap especially with Conservatives staying home or voting party. Romney has alienated so many conservatives along with establishment. He will be a 1996 Bob Dole style disaster if he is lucky. Obama will swamp him in the swing states and conservatives will stay home because he is uninspiring. Bush needed Gay Marriage on the ballot to beat Kerry and get conservatives out to vote. If Romney can’t even turnout Republicans at 2008 levels he is dead! Crushed Landslide Defeat and Obama wins 40 states instead of 27 or 28. You trash Palin, you trash the folks that you need to win an election. But you Romneybots know nothing.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:01 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Don’t waste your time. (Unless like me, you sometimes like to just have some fun!)

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I agree that campaign Obama has known about all these issues. However, for a Republican frontrunner (Gingrich) to launch socialistic attacks on another Republican frontrunner (Romney)’s business record legitimizes that line of attack.

netster007x on February 1, 2012 at 2:32 AM

True enough.

So what does both Romney and Gingrich’s support of healthcare mandates do for the defense of ObamaCare?

That’s a rhetorical question, by the way.

SuperCool on February 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Hey bluegill, So now you are THE MORAL CONSCIENCE of the nation? Wow, DUUDEE, that is an awesome responsibility! WHOAH!!

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:04 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:49 AM,
Nobody is proud of Romney outside of the Mormon fanboys.

Again, you speak for no one. Turns out that Romney just won more votes than any other GOP candidate in the history of FL primaries. That’s just a fact, a thing you seem to be unfamiliar with. Romney is on fire, and all you can do is throw hissy fits.

The ones out-of-step are you Romney haters. You think you represent so many people, but you don’t.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:04 AM

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:01 AM

My previous comment was directed at CoolChange80, who seems to be unable to enter reality and acknowledge the fact that Romney won by a landslide yesterday and won more FL primary votes than any other Republican in history.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Sarah Palin is not someone to be taken seriously.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Remind me why you’re constantly posting about her then.

BabyGrace on February 1, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I think we saw how much Palin’s endorsement is worth.

Any chance we could all chip in and pay her to endorse Obama?

BradTank on January 31, 2012 at 9:41 PM

How much did Mitt have to spend in negative advertising against Gingrich in South Carolina after Palin only sorta endorsed Newt?

And who won South Carolina?

Now you can calculate how much Palin’s endorsement is worth. Too bad for Romney that it’s not for sale.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM

@NightOwl

Ah. That sucks. But thanks for letting me know.

LiquidH2O on February 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:04 AM,
Turnout was lower than 2008. If Romney lost Florida they would have dumped him. Has Romney broke 50% anywhere so far. This is Romney’s second go around in Florida he got 31% in Florida here in 2008 and had to spend $17 to win here. Obama and his allies will probably spend $100 million in Florida so Mitt’s money edge will be erased big time. Romney will be outspent probably 3 to 1 in Florida if he wins the nomination, which he may not.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Bluegill, trust me, I am not a thumb sucker. However, you are doing Romney a disservice with your juvenile taunts. That alone tells me the caliber of person you are and the kind of person that Mitt attracts. No, you don’t need me to win this election but you do need an awful lot of “me’s” to put Mitt in the White House. Here is a little unsolicited advice for you, your style is off putting and you should rethink your strategy for Mitt’s sake, of course. One more thing, don’t underestimate my desire to defeat Obama, but I believe it will take a real conservative to do it and Romney hasn’t convinced me he is the guy.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Not only has Romney won more votes than any other candidate in the history of FL GOP primaries, but Romney also won more votes than Newt AND Santorum did combined. HA! How do you like those facts? Tell me again how no one likes Romney? That is simply an MSNBC talking point with no basis in reality.

And, by the way, don’t think that votes for Newt and Santorum are necessarily “anti-Romney” votes. It has been shown that the second choice of many Santorum voters is ROMNEY… not NEWT! The party WILL unite behind Romney, and it’s a good thing it will. Also, Romney will attract independents. This is why we like him, among the many other great things about him that have been discussed ad nauseum on here.

Romney has the strength and the enthusiastic voters. We like Romney and we want to beat Obama.

You poor-sports who are pouting about unelectable Newt crashing and burning need to man up and face reality.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:12 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:09 AM,
Darn right. Romney spent $17 called in a lot of favors to counter the Palin support. Newt is not Palin. Palin would have done a lot better with Women and Less Conservative voters. It is Palin vs. Romney. Palin wins.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Turnout was lower than 2008.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Now I know that you truly don’t know what you’re talking about. Turnout is UP, or haven’t you been watching the news? All you have to do is add up the vote totals from this year and compare them to 2008.

Sorry, but you have no facts to back up any of your pathetic assertions.

At least 100,000 MORE people voted this year in FL than did in 2008.

Better watch your facts better next time you start ranting online.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hey CoolChange80, I suspect Romney’s headed to a repeat of Meg Whitman’s campaign in California. She spent $140 million, $110 million was her own money to lose badly TO A FREAKING NUT has-been.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:18 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Hey, I am not wasting my time. Anytime I can spread a little wisdom, whether solicited or not, it’s all good. By the way, your name suits you. I should have thought of something like that, I.e., she who never sleeps!

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:11 AM,
That is ok. Mitt Romney is not going to win either way.He is unelectable and that is why media wants him to be the nominee. bluegill, is really a liberal. These morons are in for a rude awakening when they see how unelectable Mitt Romney really is when the guns of David Axelrod and the media are pointed at his head and his money advantage is turned into a 2 to 1 money disadvantage against Obama’s money machine, the union boots on the ground, and the media. Good I hope Romney gets steamrolled and all the conservatives that the guy crapped on leave him hanging or vote third party. They deserve it.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM

well, maybe it is closer to 50,000 more people this cycle, but that is still a considerable increase.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:18 AM,
Romney would have to spend $2 or $3 billion to be Meg Whitman. He won’t have the money to compete with Obama unless he takes half his wealth and gets Meg Whitman to throw in $100 Million in a SuperPac. Whitman won’t.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:22 AM

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Oh, look. Another thumb-sucking crybaby whose preferred candidate LOST. Now you are threatening to stay home on election day in November. It seems that you few dozen like-minded crybabies all like to hang out at HotAir. Guess what, you aren’t that important. No real conservative would want Obama’s reelection. (and I don’t see how any real conservative could ever support a corrupt fake like Newt in the primary, but that’s another story)

Why don’t you go be a boohoo crybaby in a corner and let the other people like Romney do the heavy lifting in taking out Obama. Your type of person is good for nothing, as far as I’m concerned.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM

4 primaries and you guys want to crown someone? Hell why bother with elections or primaries at all.

noneoftheabove on January 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Romney was supposed to be coronated after 4 straight victories. He’s been declared the front-runner since at least six months ago.

Personally, I’d rather he lose now, because he’s not going to win the general.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Hey bluegill, Romney has enthusiastic voters? Where, where, quick someone go tell Mitt, this should be a part of Mitt’s next press release! Wow, Mitt is AWESOME!!!!eleventy!!!

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:27 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM
My preferred candidate didn’t run. I will not vote Romney if he is the nominee. He is unprincipled and unworthy of respect and support. If republicans nominate him they deserve to lose the election because they already lost their principles.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:28 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM

And when Romney loses?

Just kidding. I know the answer already. When Romney loses, it will be the fault of all those stupid, backward, inbred, racist, redneck, mouth-breathing, *&$#^@(%^@_(*$#^ conservatives who for some reason didn’t vote for him like they kept telling you they wouldn’t.

But it won’t be Romney’s fault, of course. So there’s that.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:28 AM

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:27 AM

You can find 771,842 of them in FL. 771,842 is more votes than any other Republican has ever won in a FL primary.

Oh, and here are some facts from Iowa last month, and it is the same thing we have been hearing again and again in subsequent elections, despite the lame talking points of you clueless haters:

Likely GOP caucusgoers still believe Romney is most electable, the new poll shows. He also wins the “best able to bring about real change” category. And 78 percent would be very enthusiastic or OK with the choice if he were the nominee, the highest enthusiasm of the three candidates tested.

Poll respondent Michele Pratt, 55, of Cedar Rapids, thinks that Romney projects competence and confidence and that he should appeal to political independents. She supported him four years ago, and doesn’t hesitate to do it again.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

I could never understand that if Mitt is so politically savvy then why didn’t he court the conservative, Tea Party vote. By doing so, he would have united the party. Isn’t it odd that he doesn’t do this? Say what you will about Palin but she can turn out the base so why not use that to your advantage? The only thing that makes sense is that he thinks he does not need conservative support and does not want to be associated with conservatives. He is a typical patrician northeastern moderate Republican.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM

LOL I’ve been reading this site for about three years, and then the day of the open registration, I drew a blank on the name thing! Some of them are really clever. I do tend to come here in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep.

I really, earnestly have asked some of these Romney people to explain why they think the belittling and nasty tone are their preferred method of persuasion. Or what it is about Romney that gets them so worked up they would even want to go that far. I feel completely indifferent to him. No answer, just more of it.

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Romney has no ethusiasum. The Paultards and Palin Supporters kick Romney’s butt in every internet poll. Romneys fanboy sites get much less traffic than Palin supporter sites and she isn’t even in the race. Heck Palin has more than 3 times as many facebook likes/friends, and more than a half million more followers on twitter.Palin’s First Book Sold 2.5 Million Copies, Her second sold around a million and was the 5th biggest selling non-fiction book of 2010. Going Rogue was the Biggest selling non-fiction book the year it was released. If Sarah Palin ran third party she would chop Romney’s support in half.

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:35 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Newsflash: Romney won conservatives and Tea Party supporters yesterday. Guess that kind of messes up your dishonest little talking point, doesn’t it? Romney courts all conservative voters, along with independents and smart Democrats.

It’s kind of insulting for someone to say that a candidate needs to get the expressed endorsement of a phony like Sarah Palin in order to be seen as courting the Tea Party. Sarah Palin is a self-interested fake whose credibility eroded even more with her endorsement of Newt Gingrich.

Why don’t you tell me who the Tea Party candidate is? Certainly it can’t be Newt, the corrupt DC insider who has been every side of every issue and who has supported a NATIONAL health care insurance mandate.

Why didn’t Palin endorse Bachmann? Was Palin jealous of Bachmann for stealing her Tea Party Queen crown?

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM

What with all the Media Shills having incessantly screamed “Romney!” uni sono at us for months…gee, *I* can’t imagine *why*.

Maybe Hot Air Noonan could ask those shills and find out, huh? Oh, wait….

Czar of Defenestration on February 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM

I asked the same thing. He’s had four years to realize he needed to do it and he didn’t. They think they can win with the “independent” vote and disaffected dems, but guess what? If he is the nominee, I am changing my voter registration from R to I, and I still won’t vote for him, although apparently that will then make the Republican party care what I think! Ironic.

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Romney has Palin envy. That’s why he tried to make his book a bestseller by bulk purchases. And it worked. His book was on the bestseller lists. With an asterisk by it, because of the bulk purchases.

It’s a perfect metaphor for His Phoniness, the Frontrunner.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:42 AM

CoolChange80 on February 1, 2012 at 5:35 AM

No, the Romney supporters (who vastly outnumber the others) just have lives. They don’t need to artificially inflate their guy’s online poll results in order to get attention. They vote where it counts.

I will give the Paul fans credit, though… at least they are supporting a principled conservative (whose views I don’t always agree with) with substance.

The rabid Palin worshipers, on the other hand, are just blindly following a big nothing.

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Romney tried to run as a conservative in 2008, and lost to a moderate. So he tries to run as a moderate this time.

Convictions and Principles are the important things for Romney. If he can fake those, the rubes will vote for him.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hey blugill, Polls and anecdotes are not facts. Enthusiasm is NOT generated by slaming people over the head with your feelings, which are NOT positive and inclusive. Romney has been consistently scurrying around trying to dampen enthusiasm for other candidates. Trying to stop others from being happy with their choice of candidate will generate back-flash against ones self. OH, wait, Is that what is happening to you here?

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM

It is interesting that, after floods of negative advertising to take out Gingrich, which apparently worked, the Purported Frontrunner has nearly doubled his unfavorability ratings. The Florida victory may be a Pyrrhic victory.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I wish she would have the guts to just come out and say she endorses Newt for president. This “process” idea is dumb. Just dumb. And the idea that the Obama campaign would have pulled it’s punches on Gingrich is also dumb.
She’s finished after this.

V7_Sport on February 1, 2012 at 5:52 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 1, 2012 at 5:48 AM

We’ll see. I would like it to go on for awhile and see what happens next!

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 5:34 AM<

Yep, totally agree. Like that kind of "persuasion" is really going to work. His lack of conservative accomplishments is a concern for me. We don't need a candidate "whose turn has come". It is going to take more than that to convince voters that he is the one to defeat Obama. Plus, his business acumen is going to be a two edged sword for him. I don't see all the positives that some do on here. To me, he does look the part, right out of Hollywood casting, but I am not sure he is the real deal. Lastly, his money will not win this election because he doesn't have enough to compete with Obama's stash, plus factor in the complicit media and I am not sure he can win. We need a nominee who can excite the base and I just don't see one. Time will tell. Maybe I am wrong.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Hey V7_Sport, So Palin acting like any other politican would be gutsy? Do I have that right? And Palin is finished after this? WHOAH!!! Maybe she never thought about it like that?? I better tell her right away!!!!eleventy!!!

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Sarah Palin is not someone to be taken seriously.
bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 4:43 AM

HA posters who say:

“Sarah Palin is not someone to be taken seriously”

should not be taken seriously.

But it IS okay to poke fun at them. Just keep it in good taste.

listens2glenn on February 1, 2012 at 6:07 AM

V7_Sport on February 1, 2012 at 5:52 AM

I really believe she’s not ‘backing’ Newt.

On the other hand, she could end up making a liar out of me.

listens2glenn on February 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM

I am sick of Sarah. Her voice grates. And I am sick of everyone who thinks she could win. And I don’t care who among you attack me, because you are wrong, SHE (and by association, Newt) CAN NOT WIN. Yeah, let’s cut our nose off to spite our face. You CAN’T compare McCain the moderate and the LAST election because Obama was like a shinny bauble back then, it was UNIQUE. If he wins again, it will be much closer this time. Mitt is less than perfect, but NO ONE ELSE RAN. Get it? NO ONE ELSE RAN. I wanted Paul Ryan. So, we will be stuck with Mitt. But, let’s not DESTROY HIM FOR THE DEMS. All the conservative blogs ARE DESTROYING HIM, this one included. Oh! We are SOOOOOO open minded. YES SIREE! No, MAM! WE aren’t like those libtards! – we will call it like it is and DESTROY our only chance to get rid of OBAMA because we are SOOOOOOO pure in thought. Let’s pat ourselves on the back.

djl130 on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I think it is really, really, really terrible that some people on this site are giving the Mitt supporters a hard time. It should be their nite to celebrate, because Mitt now has really, really, really generated LOTS, and LOTS, and LOTS of ENTHUSIASMMMMM!!!!!! P.S. HI SARAH!! KEEP DOING WHAT YOU’RE!!

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

listens2glenn on February 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM

I don’t think she really wanted to be put in the position she’s in as far as Newt goes, but I don’t like it much either! I don’t dislike him, but I have no problem voting for him or Santorum, but geez, he is a loose cannon, isn’t he!

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Geez, you are one little angry Romney supporter. Funny, I didn’t see Romney at any Tea Party events. Must have missed that. I also didn’t see him on TV throwing his enormous political weight behind the Tea Party. Probably had the TV off then too. However, if you believe Tea Partiers are thrilled with him, you are mistaken. The only support that Romney has been able to garner is the ABO vote, in addition, of course, to the establishment voters. Tea Party thinkers are not yet convinced that Romney has the conservative bona fides needed to reform Washimgton. How can an establishment candidate possibly clean up the corruption and graft in his own party in Washington when he is beholden to them? Business as usual is destroying this country. We need someone who understands that and is will to take the fight to the establishment moderates. Doesn’t sound like something Romney would be willing to do.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

saspepper on February 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Sarah had her opportunity.

JellyToast on February 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hey djl130, Mitt the evil white bankster is the PERFECT republican candidate for Obama and the MSM to run against EVEN IF THE ECONOMY GOES COMPLETELY IN THE TOILET before the election. Look at that evil Romney and his wall street cronies. Bush got us into this mess and LOOK, LOOK, THEY’RE DOING IT AGAIN. Running someone who will very easily be portrayed as a BANKSTER is the EXACT wrong candidate at this time. Tough noogies but Mitt’s shot realistically was 2008. It’s finally being whispered that we are actually in a depression on a wide scale. Romney’s chance to man up and speak out and rally people to him was in 2009 and 2010 but he was in the Mittness Protection Program.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM

saspepper on February 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM

You have to wonder about that because I can’t see how they are doing him any good!

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Mittness Protection Program.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM

LOL

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 6:41 AM

djl130 on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Some of us don’t believe mitt can win.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Hey saspepper, I suspect some of both came in on the last 2 registrations. It was a little thick for a while, but I notice they’re drawn to the Palin threads like flies. Ever wonder where those Huff Po “slaves” went? I think a bunch came here.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:45 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Geez, you are one little angry Romney supporter.
JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Bluegill is such a parody of an angry interet guy, I’m half inclined to think it’s some big joke. It’s like csdeven and jailbreak combined……on RINO juice.

Dongemaharu on February 1, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Sarah had her opportunity.

JellyToast on February 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I suspect Bluegill and others like her are not really Romney supporters at all but Axelrod operatives working to divide and conquer. saspepper on February 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I suspect that you are an Obama supporter and Axelrod operative.

Basilsbest on February 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Dongemaharu on February 1, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I picture bluegill as a girl, a whiny, b*tchy 20 something!

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 6:50 AM

To beat Obama in November, I believe, it’s going to take a presidential candidate AND a vice-presidential who will FIGHT. No ZZZ-PAW or Mitch Daniels types need apply.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Some of us don’t believe mitt can win.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Most of whom were convinced that Sarah Palin would run and win. As a Mitt guy, I find it heartening.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

bluegill on February 1, 2012 at 5:43 AM

You should know. Mitt is a big nothing.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 6:52 AM

As a Mitt guy, I find it heartening.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Hearting that he will lose? I don’t.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Palin is, of course, enormously correct.

The Establishment wants this to end so they can prop up this deeply flawed man as their champion.

Fine. If Mitt’s the nominee, I’ll vote for him. Oh, and by the way, so will Palin.

However, what happened is what happened. Romney used scorched earth against a candidate who couldn’t match his pocketbook, and by the way, couldn’t break 50%.

If Romney is our nominee, and I believe he will be, there’s no way Romney will be able to do that to Obama. In point of fact, Obama will outspend Mitt in critical states all over the country and will go completely negative on him, the way Mitt went on Gingrich.

Palin wants this process to go one because she knows what’s coming at the nominee. The Mittbots, being composed of the same crowd that ran George W. Bush and John McCain into the ground, have no idea how to fight this.

This is not about Palin wanting revenge on Mittens. This is about Palin being right and the Mittbots unwilling to admit it. The Establishment is trying to dress up a liberal Republican as a conservative. Eventually, the contradictions in that request will backfire on Romney himself.

Palin knows that Romney won’t win because he’s not a conservative. He gave a conservative speech tonight, but the past is prologue, and Mitt’s past is Republican liberalism. She also understands that when you throw out Obamacare as an issue, as Romney does, then half your battle is lost.

You moderates wanted a John Lindsey Republican as our nominee. Just like you wanted McCain, Bushtardia, and Bob Dole. You are probably going to get your wish. You are going to live to regret your enthusiasm for this guy.

But you won’t be happy on Election Night. Moderate Squishtard Republicans like Romney always come a cropper. Obama is not Michael Dukakis and won’t have the fightback problems Newt had. And he won’t be outspent 5-1 on a scorched earth campaign.

Mitt Romney was the most despised candidate by other Republicans in 2008 because he ran a scorched earth campaign back in ’08 against everyone. The difference was McCain knew how to fight back and had the money to do it. Romney has the gift of having bad opponents (no one in Palinland really believes that Newt has anywhere near Palin or Bill Clinton’s campaign virtuosity) and a divided conservative base. His good fortune will probably run out in the fall, when he has to run against Obama’s team.

That’s unfortunate, because I strongly suspect Obama’s chances of reelection improved tonight. I hope I’m wrong, because the nation needs to see the backside of Barack Obama in 2013. However, knowing the Establishment as I do, I know I’m not. The sad thing about this Establishment, which does exist by the way, is that it is far better at fighting Conservatives than it is at fighting Democrats.

A Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama race is a choice between a liberal Establishment Republican and a Left wing Democrat. If that’s the case, it’s Pepsi vs. Coke. Voters will choose Coke. They always do.

victor82 on January 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My word, this is one of the very FIRST posts on this thread that wasn’t just high-school-clique nonsense, and it was about two-thirds of the way down Page 2.

It’s astonishing how many people can’t even think straight on a Palin thread.

Aitch748 on February 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM

OK, so she won’t officially endorse because she’s coy and thinks she’s being clever.

She just really, really, dislikes Romney. I’ll bet it’s personal too. He probably called her a laughable snowbilly.

CorporatePiggy on February 1, 2012 at 6:57 AM

It’s astonishing how many people can’t even think straight on a Palin thread.

Aitch748 on February 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I agree! Thanks for reposting this comment! And thanks victor82.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Hey Night Owl, Like Sachiko? back 1 page of comments about 20 down from the top the name links to a page.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 7:02 AM

CorporatePiggy on February 1, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I think he called her – not human. But she is a conservative and mitt isn’t. Mitt being not conservative is what it is about.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Re.bigmike

Taking a stand is more gutsy than saying that she would vote for such and such to “keep the process going”. It also makes a lot more sense.

And Palin is finished after this?

With me at least. She actually lost more credibility with me when she left office half way through her term.

Get on that for me Mike. Appreciate it.

V7_Sport on February 1, 2012 at 7:05 AM

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Exactly. You can tell by his campaign staff.

kingsjester on February 1, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Aitch748 on February 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Thanks for reposting that. I must have missed it. Very insightful and spot on. Well done, Victor.

JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 7:06 AM

The establishment throwing a bunch of moderate mushes, screwing with dates, then trying to shut the whole thing down before most of the states even get to vote?

Mitt bots got another thing coming if you think I will accept one more RINO. The RNC has used up my good graces. I’ll vote to let Obama destroy the nation rather than vote to let Romney destroy the nation.

Either of those men in office = America is toast. So then f*&^ it, let us go down in a giant blaze of glory under Obama, toast is toast, and a democrat like Romney is a dead nation all the same.

And yes, anyone like Mitt Romney, who voted for strict gun control, socialized medicine, appointed scores of liberal judges, fell for the global warming scam, and spent public moneys like Richard Prior in Brewster’s Millions, is a Democrat, regardless of what mascot he pretends to be.

I played your establishment game with Dole, Bush the Lesser, and McWeenie. You used up your free passes.

I’ll stand back and watch it all burn down this time. Enjoy your RINO.

SilverDeth on February 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I’m almost at that point now — better four more years of Obama (and an opportunity to find and nominate someone inclined to shrink government in 2016) than eight years of Romney (or four years of Romney followed by another Democrat).

Aitch748 on February 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Aitch748 on February 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I hear ya, I’d rather vote for Paul than mitt, at least I know he would shrink the government!

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

The republican party IS NOT a Conservative party any longer.

It’s a Moderate to Progressive collection of voters that like the Federal goodies just like the Dems do. Oh parts of the party like to rail about the Constitution and liberty and such but the average “don’t pay attention” to politics republicans just want their goodies and to be left alone.

How else to explain the votes in the primaries so far? The two leading candidates are Progressive BIG GOV Candymen that promise more sweets from the Federal treasury for their voters/base. Bigger gov means less individual liberty and the rank-and-file DON’T CARE.

Viva the REPUBLICRAT Party!!!!

PappyD61 on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Palin the quitter says, “keep goin”.
Who cares about this dingbat anymore.

ObamatheMessiah on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I completely agree. I don’t know why she decided to not enter the race but that was her choice. Of course, I can speculate that it must have been something that occurred after the Wisconsin speech because she certainly sounded like she was going to run when she gave that speech. I was excited to vote for her because she had a clear understanding that the Republican party was complicit in the way Washington had always done business. More than ever we need reform not only in Washington but specifically in our party. We need some one who could do the right things in spite of the establishment. Sadly, I do not see anyone who has a vision of fighting corruption and cronyism that is the driving force in Washington. The country can’t survive more of the business as usual. We need sudden relentless reform and I just do not see anyone willing to be that person. JannyMc on February 1, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Palin dropped out after she was accused of having sex with an NBA player. She did not want her name dragged through the mud. Mitch Daniels and his wife did not want their marriage scoped by the liberal media.

I can understand Palin being upset with the GOP after it failed to come to her defense and in fact criticized her after she defended herself against the insane and vicious Tucson shootings blood libel, but her rage against the machine talk is OWS clueless and her support for Gingrich – the enthusiastic supporter of the corrupt and ruinous sub prime socialist mortgage program that caused the housing bubble and banking crisis – is mind boggling.

She is supporting a candidate who is not only the ultimate Washington insider but a man who is going state to state pandering to the electorate by suggesting multi billion dollar mega projects, all the while claiming to be a conservative. She has truly lost her way. Her support for Gingrich has not only not been forthright but has been completely lacking in common sense and principle.

The suggestion that Palin could win a debate with Romney is absurd. She has neither the education nor the background to compete with a man who Jack Welch calls the most qualified man ever to run for President; a man Jim Cramer decided not to work for because he found his competence too intimidating.

Palin is very good at skewering Obama. She should have stuck to that. The high point of her political career will be her 2008 convention speech. It’s been downhill since then.

Basilsbest on February 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Palin the quitter says, “keep goin”.
Who cares about this dingbat anymore.

ObamatheMessiah on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Obviously you do.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hey PappyD61, You should always remember it always looks darkest before it goes pitch black.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

There has not been a limited goverrnment true conservative gop nominee since 1984 and 1980.

And before that?……….1964 and 1924.

That is NOT A CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

PappyD61 on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Palin dropped out after she was accused of having sex with an NBA player.

Well she did date Michael Jordan and Larry Bird…

CorporatePiggy on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Viva the REPUBLICRAT Party!!!!

PappyD61 on February 1, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Looking more and more like it’s a good time for a third party.

tinkerthinker on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Hey Basilsbest, You’re holding up Jim Cramer’s opinion as worth something? NOW THAT’S FUNNY!! good joke, I appreciate a good laugh. Thanks.

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM

bigmike on February 1, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Wow, that was really interesting. She puts a lot of effort into that blog, and she is a great Palin supporter!

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Yea,

I havn’t read most of the comments and I’m sure it’s been mentioned but she should have been asked if she would be supporting Romney if it was the other way around. Probably would have made her squirm a bit.

Zybalto on February 1, 2012 at 7:37 AM

And before that?……….1964 and 1924.

That is NOT A CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

PappyD61 on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I’ve been reading here long enough to know that you were a big Palin supporter and you are angry because she didn’t run, but when you see this kind of crap, can you really blame her? You should take heart, there are a lot of people who are ready to leave the Republican party over Romney, and the Tea Party groups are going to need a national figure. Maybe….

Palin dropped out after she was accused of having sex with an NBA player.
Well she did date Michael Jordan and Larry Bird…

CorporatePiggy on February 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Night Owl on February 1, 2012 at 7:41 AM

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!”

-Barry Goldwater

SilverDeth on February 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

A great quote. Goldwater carried only six states, and barely his own.

almosthandsome on February 1, 2012 at 4:08 AM

And, Gingrich wasn’t one of his supporters….

“There is almost a new synthesis evolving with the classic moderate wing of the party, WHERE, AS A FORMER ROCKEFELLER STATE CHAIRMAN, I’VE SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE, and the conservative/activist right wing. You have work being done by the Heritage Foundation as well as by such moderates as Tom Petri. Petri has extraordinarily broad support for his living wage concept, which represents an empowerment/citizen choice replacement for the bureaucratic/corrupt, liberal welfare state.”

- Newt Gingrich, 1989

“I am a Rockefeller Republican.”

- Newt Gingrich, 1989