Gingrich to Santorum: Get lost

posted at 9:15 am on January 31, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday it was the Gingrich campaign that began complaining publicly about Rick Santorum’s continued presence in the race costing them a shot a Florida.  Today, it’s the candidate himself:

GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich says rival Rick Santorum should take a look at the poll numbers, which show Gingrich beating him, and drop out.

“The longer conservatives stay split, the harder it’s going to be for us to [beat Romney],” Gingrich said on FOX and Friends on Tuesday. “And I think that we risk not being able to beat Obama unless we get a conservative. I have to win the nomination.”

Santorum is sapping conservative votes from Gingrich, the former House speaker said.

Oddly, Gingrich didn’t appear as principled on the subject of conservative consolidation when Santorum won Iowa and Gingrich finished fourth, nor when Santorum narrowly edged Gingrich for fourth place in New Hampshire.  If he was concerned about a conservative sacrificing to make sure a conservative alternative had the strength to beat Mitt Romney at that time, Gingrich didn’t pull a muscle leaping out of his chair to volunteer.  Needless to say, neither has Santorum, who told Gingrich in response to run his own campaign:

“I don’t think either one of them are the right choice,” Santorum said, referring to Gingrich and front-runner Mitt Romney. “And if you want to look at the real conservative, we’re the real conservative that can win.”

Santorum touted his victory in Iowa as an advantage he still holds over both candidates.

“Neither Governor Romney nor Newt Gingrich had run as a conservative in a state we had to win. …. I’ve done it,” Santorum said.

Actually, Santorum was talking about Pennsylvania in that statement, not Iowa.  Santorum won’t ask Gingrich to pull out:

Santorum tells Fox News Channel that one candidate shouldn’t tell another “to get out of the race and get out of the way.” …

Santorum says he thinks he’s the better, more conservative candidate himself — but that wouldn’t justify asking Gingrich to quit. He says, “Everybody should run.”

It’s hard to square this notion of Santorum depriving Gingrich of a Florida victory with reality.  First, Florida isn’t really a deeply conservative state, and Santorum wasn’t much of a threat to anyone there after falling far off the pace in South Carolina, where he should have been more of a a threat, especially after winning Iowa.  That didn’t keep Gingrich from scoring a double-digit victory in the Palmetto State with Santorum on the ticket.  Nor did Santorum’s presence in Florida keep Gingrich from rolling up an impressive polling lead early last week, both in the state and nationally.

Gingrich didn’t lose that lead to Santorum, who has barely budged at all from the low double digits in the last two weeks.  He lost support to Romney, thanks to a couple of poor debate performances and this kind of angry, whining behavior on the campaign trail.  It seems that Gingrich wants to find someone to take the blame for a Florida flop, and anyone will do but himself.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I so sick of Newton’s “Solutions” I could scream! All it reminds me of is “The Final SOLUTION”.

Tater Salad on January 31, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Newt’s suggestions about government remind you of the intention of the Nazis to exterminate the Jews.

Wow you anti-Newt people really are willing to say anything no matter how vile and disgusting to help Moderate Massachussetts Mittens.

Reggie1971 on January 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Me to Santorum: stay put

Newt may lose a winner take all contest, but Santorum will be a voice for those who, for instance, do not want amnesty handed out by big shots because it feels right to them

Newt is already running ahead with that football and he isn’t listening to conservatives, nor democrats who also dislike the illegal workforce in an era of high unemployment. What is it about ‘illegal’ that means ‘not illegal’

If Santorum drops out, what holds Newt back from turning progressive on such issues and blowing up the base?

entagor on January 31, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Latest NBC/Marist poll…..

Romney is the top second choice for POTUS. So If Gingrich or Santorum get out, Romney gains votes.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Newt’s right, of course. Even though I prefer Santorum, someone has got to put the future of our country before personal ambition. It’s too late for Newt to drop out in Florida. He might think of taking one for the team though after Florida. Four more years of Obama is the end of us, and I think Romney is vulnerable on so many levels and I really do not think another liberal can fix this mess. Besides, I’m doing some real soul searching about joining a campaign that is dedicated to the personal destruction of anyone who opposes the candidate. As much as I fear our future is doomed under Obama, I cannot join a facist movement, which is exactly what I think Romney’s supporters have become…A real Sophie’s Choice.

Santorum is probably the only one I can promote and vote for without doing serious damage to my consciense. Romney is the absolute worst; Newt is no saint. Santorum.

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Probably true. But you can’t blame Newt for being frustrated. After all, why is Rick still in this race? He’s not going to place better than 3rd in any of the remaining states. Is he angling for Mitt’s VP slot? There really isn’t any reason for him to go any further than tonight, and if he does soldier on than you have to assume he’s just trying to split the conservative vote for Romney in order to get some kind of kickback down the road.

newtopia on January 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM

It doesn’t matter why Rick is still in, it’s his choice and obviously he has supporters. And yes I can blame Newt for making such a statement in public. It shows lack of controlor lack of confidence or both.

Deanna on January 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Reggie1971 on January 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

No, Reggie, I’m just sick and tired of Newt always claiming to have a “solution”, as if he is the only one who has had a conservative (and many times not so conservative) idea. In his own mind his solutions are always “final”.

Tater Salad on January 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Soon to be held conversation:

“Hi, Rick. It’s me, undoubtedly the most incredible and uncanny candidate of all time who will…”

“Hi, Newt. I know it’s you. *yawn* Man, I’m tired after all this craziness at the hospital and the campaign.”

“I can understand those hospital establisment types are the most dishonest in the history of health care. Why, in 1974 as Reagan, my protege, and I were grandiosely planning to take down the USSR…”

“Got it, Newt. Thsnks for not calling about Bella. So, why the call?”

“You are impeding my insurgent campaign, Rick. Truthfully, if you were to cease and desist all your campaign and become one of my minions…I mean, “consultants,” *heh heh* we could take out that liberal rich maniacal liar…”

“Whoah, Newt. I want to beat Mitt but that’s a little bit much, don’t you think it’d be better to…”

“That is a NONSENSE statement. That is the most DESPICABLE thing I’ve ever heard, you defending Mitt. YOU shouldn’t have…Callista, not now! I’m scolding a moderator! If you keep this up, I’ll send you where the other two…”

“Newt, calm down. I also saw you said he was anti-religion? Really? Look, I don’t think our party should…”

“You, sir, are the Mitt-stamp candidate! …Where’s the stupid applause? Awwww, man…”

“Newt, man! Calm down! I’m not a spineless reporter you can beat up! I’m not a fan of Mitt, but I don’t want to lie about his record, either. ALSO, CUT OUT THE DROP OUT OF THE RACE DRIVEL! Look, in all the polls, if I drop out, you lose by MORE to MITT anyway! I also think you’re imploding now and that conservatives will support me more than you once you’re done blowing yourself up.”

“WRah! Grrr! Agghhh! *tazmanian devil spinning sound* sbbblah! sbbblah!”

“Newt? Are you still there?”

“Grrr! Agggh! I can’t take it anymore! My hyperbole and hypocrisy are elevating my own intracranial pressures around my gigantic, Galileo-like brain! Help me, Sarah Palin! My own cerebrum is raging against the machine! Somebody….”

***high-pitched whistling sound then loud but controlled explosion audible***

“Newt? Newt?!”

“Rick? Is that you?”

“Newt! I thought you…”

“No, it’s Callista. Newt’s grandiosity just blew himself up. He was too great even for himself.”

“Callista, I’m so sorry. I…”

“Hey, Rick, what are you wearing?”

“Uh, a sweater vest, Callista, but…”

“Ummm….I like sweater vests.”

*Click!*

Jailbreak on January 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM

His (Gingrich) answer to the FLOTUS question at the debate just creeped me out. What the heck was that?

Norky on January 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I had forgot about that…that was kind of weird promoting all the things they/she has done vice her qualities…It seems like he is ALWAYS in non-stop promotion mode and that is a turnoff for your POTUS…we already have one of those currently.

g2825m on January 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM

newtopia on January 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM

You know what I love about comments like this? If it was Romney arguing that Santorum or Paul (or, even, Gingrich himself) should drop out of the race, there’d be frothing at the mouth from the “true cons” here at Romney’s audacity.

Vyce on January 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

To daddysgirl: A third party is a dead end. Keep in mind that it was Romney who started all the negative campaigning in Iowa and has spent tens of millions of dollars in negative ads aimed at Newt. Newt is trying to counter-act the onslaught. Not backing Newt is tantamount to aiding Romney, who is a liberal. Romney as Governor raised taxes, was adamantly pro-abortion rights, championed RomneyCare (the precursor to ObamaCare) and appointed pro-abortion rights Democrats to the state judiciary. While Newt was one of the captains in the Reagan Revolution, Romney voted for Jimmy Carter adn Walter Mondale, Reagan’s Democrat opponents. So I am suggesting giving some slack to Newt.

Phil Byler on January 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I’ve given a lot of slack to Newt, considering I didn’t really like him in the first place. I accepted that he has cheated on his wives, I accepted the couch with Pelosi, I accepted the other conservative sins he committed because I absolutely could not accept Romney’s pro-abortion, Romneycare stances. I winced when Newt started bashing Romney about how much money he’s made, I groaned when he started whining about negative ads when he himself is guilty of them, I sighed when he started talking about moon colonies. However, this latest tactic is my limit. Over the last few weeks, Newt has become a petty little man that I can’t support.
In 2000 and 2004, I was told to be a good little conservative and vote for GW who I was (just) ok with in 2000, not so much in 2004. In 2008, I was told to vote for McCain who I really didn’t like. I did all of that. Where has it gotten me? Another, even more liberal, candidate being rammed down my throat. Every time we give a little, they push more. At some point, we need to draw the line in the sand and not let them cross it.

daddysgirl on January 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Latest NBC/Marist poll…..

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Thank you. Finally, a voice of reason. When will people realize that not everyone has the same order of candidate preference as themselves?

I wish commentators on TV and in print would be honest and explain that the Tea Party is not all behind Gingrich, and that Santorum’s voters would not instantly become Gingrich supporters if Rick were to drop out. And ditto if a ton of voters were to peel away from Romney, they wouldn’t all run to Gingrich. It’s just not true.

BocaJuniors on January 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Reggie1971 on January 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Tater Salad on January 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM

If you think he’s overconfident or arrogant in being an idea-man, fine enough, but to make allusions like that to the holocaust is despicable.

Reggie1971 on January 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I realize that politicans want to avoid referring to themselves in first person so as not to look narcissistic or self-involved, but this quote is just ridiculous.

Caiwyn on January 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Jailbreak on January 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM

lol

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Oddly, a decision by Newt to drop out after only 1 or 2 of 50 contests would’ve been a bad one. He won South Carolina easily, will finish at least second in Florida, and leads nationally. Santorum hasn’t done better than third in any poll since.

Oddly, Santorum did not suffer a 5 million dollar onslaught of negative Romney ads in Iowa, nor is he the main target of 17 million dollars of Romney attack ads in Florida, and he still isn’t beating Gingrich. If Gingrich did drop out, all those nice ads would center on Santorum. It would destroy him.

NbyNW on January 31, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Dear Newt,

Sarah Palin has said on several occasions, that we need to keep the process going so that we can continue the vetting process. You know that same Sarah Palin who said she’d vote for you if she lived in South Carolina. You know the husband of Todd Palin who’s campaigning with you today.

I know it’s hard for you to take other peoples advice since you are the smartest man in the world (I know this because you keep telling me) but I think you need to shut up and sit down.

Thanks.

P.S., I think it may be time for Calista to take a day off from campaigning so she can touch up those black roots since you insist on her standing on the stage with you at every campaign event.

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM

George Soros has said that he is equally comfortable with Obama or Romney as president, as the only difference between the two is who they hang out with.

And of course, Romney already has plans for what he’ll replace Obamacare with. Pam Bondi, attorney general of Florida, says she has been asked to head up his health care task force. She thinks it’s just wonderful! I think government should get OUT of health care, other than to enforce certain rules, like prohibiting insurance companies from dropping people that collect on their policies.

Are you people comfortable with Romney being in charge of national health care? I’m not!

NbyNW on January 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Newt is now waiting for Romney to drop out. Really.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM

If Santorum drops out then Obamacare will not be mentioned again until the election is over.

BoxHead1 on January 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Newt is now waiting for Romney to drop out. Really.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Next up

Newt: “President Obama should drop out of the Presidency and endorse me.”

athenanyc on January 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Reggie1971 on January 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Yes. Romney’s campaign has never been anything but regurgitation of his talking points. His record is liberal. He doesn’t even blush when he gives his, “Newt had 84 ethics violations and resigned in disgrace” or “Reagan only mentioned him once in his diary” spiel. Or when he tells us IN A DEBATE that his father immigrated from Mexico (????!!!!!)—how did ‘ol George run for President? Just exacly the kind of man who would tell a single mother that she has to give her unborn child to the “church” and who would tie his dog to the top of his car.

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Emperor Newtie. Who needs elections? He wants a coronation.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

If Newt dropped out then Santorum and Romney could debate RomneyCare. With Newt in there it’s going to be bullsh.. all the way to the convention.

BoxHead1 on January 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Without Santorum in the race I would have nobody to vote for.

multiuseless on January 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Emperor Newtie. Who needs elections? He wants a coronation.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You shouldn’t be criticizing the smartest man in the world.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM

The kind of personal destruction attack I really abhor—-like the ugly Mormon judgment about Newt’s telling about his wives achievements. As I recall, he was rather generous about all the other wives, but Romney, of course, must use the opportunity to attack his wife.

This is truly ugly.

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quotes of the day:
Hubris.
“…this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal…”
-Barack Obama

“People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz.”

“By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American.”

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
-Newt Gingrich

“I can feel myself becoming a god.”
-Caligula

captn2fat on January 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Norky on January 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM

g2825m on January 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Nasty, judgmental—definately Mormon.

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM

“I can feel myself becoming a god.”
-Caligula

captn2fat on January 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

You really want to bring up someone becoming a god? Really?

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Latest NBC/Marist poll

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

BocaJuniors on January 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

“Romney also leads among evangelical Christians, receiving the support of 34 percent, compared to 28 percent for Gingrich.”

– That’s interesting too. I’ve seen that argued (in manifold ways) too.

Thanks for pecking around a bit, csdevin. :)

Axe on January 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM

“Santorum is the only candidate to see a debate bounce. In the three days of polling (Wednesday through Friday), Santorum saw a five-point increase after the debate. He was also seen as the “true conservative” in the race — 38 percent said so versus 18 percent for each Romney and Gingrich, and 16 percent for Paul. More voters also said they saw Santorum as the candidate who best represents the middle class.”

– Santorum people should take a picture. :)

Axe on January 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Emperor Newtie. Who needs elections? He wants a coronation.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You shouldn’t be criticizing the smartest man in the world.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM

You’re right – he’ll send me to the lunar prison camp in our 51st state.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Thanks for pecking around a bit, csdevin. :)

Axe on January 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I have to credit AB Hill on Megyn Kelly’s show.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:54 PM

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hey! It takes her a long time to get her roots the exact shade of black.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM

BoxHead1 on January 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM

That depends on what the Supremes do or don’t do. If the law is scrapped one still has to decide how to clean up the mess of the partial implementation already done and the Dems will trot out a new project within 48 hours of the decision as their base will demand it. If the law stands and Willard has things sewn up then it would be in order to arrange a funeral for the tenth amendment while learning about health care exchanges for then nothing will be done since Obama would win by at least 10. But on the extreme outside chance that Romney were to squeak out a win his foolish executive mandate strategy to send it back to the states would get tied up in court while implementation moved forward.

Annar on January 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

You’re right – he’ll send me to the lunar prison camp in our 51st state.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM

It’ll be called Newtropolis.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Look, the longer Santorum STAYS in, the more real conservative votes that will be split, PERIOD. Personally, I think Santorum is a great guy, but winning the nomination is NOT going to happen. By Santorum staying in, Santorum IS GIVING the nomination to Willard (from the RAT movie of the same name). PERIOD. It’s up to you Rick. Do you really want a President Willard?????

Colatteral Damage on January 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Look, the longer Santorum STAYS in, the more real conservative votes that will be split, PERIOD. Colatteral Damage on January 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Look, Newt is not a conservative anymore than Romney is. If Santorum drops out, there is no conservative running.

fight like a girl on January 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It’ll be called Newtropolis.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I like it. I’m swiping it. Thanks.

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM

aww, that was awesomely mean :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Sooooooo typical of the Romney-heads. They can dish it out, but they can’t take it. Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

jfs756 on January 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM

So that’s why you live in a tent!
I thought you were part of the OWS crowd.

KOOLAID2 on January 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

“Whining.” I love it. So, when Newt tries to defend himself from the multi-million dollar attack ads from Romney, he’s “whining,” eh?

No, when he says things like:
The media is attacking me.
That’s a gotcha question.
I won’t debate if the audience must be silent.
The debate audience was stacked with Romney supporters.
I won’t debate Obama if the media moderate the debates.
Rick should drop out even though he’s won as many states as I have.

That’s whining.

talkingpoints on January 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Emperor Newtie. Who needs elections? He wants a coronation.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You shouldn’t be criticizing the smartest man in the world.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM

yeah, his mind is so bright, he could power an LED bulb :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

aww, that was awesomely mean :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Dude, seriously, Calista has such pretty blond hair, why would she dye the roots black?

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Colatteral Damage on January 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

The latest NBC/Marist poll shows that Romney, not Gingrich or Santorum, is the second choice among the voters. If either Gingrich or Santorum drops out, Romney gets a portion of their supporters.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I like it. I’m swiping it. Thanks.

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

lol….no prob.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hey! It takes her a long time to get her roots the exact shade of black.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Anyone want to explain how this kind of attack on the candidate’s wife is any different from Obama supporters?

This is vicious, unnecessary and typical of Mitt’s supporters. Is Mrs. Romney also this crude and mean?

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

that hair can’t be human, it’s made of spun plastic :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

that hair can’t be human, it’s made of spun plastic :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

…and she could cut glass with that nose.

Norky on January 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Newtropolis it is. We likey.

Philly on January 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

You whine like a little 8itch. I guarantee you that women around the country are wondering why she allows her roots to grow out that far. She appears to be lazy and unkempt. The only other choice is that she does it on purpose. If so, then she must spend HOURS trying to achieve that effect.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I’m not a Mitt supporter, just stating the facts. And I don’t know too much about Mrs. Mitt, since she’s not standing at Mitt’s side at every campaign event like Calista does.

JPeterman on January 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Oddly, Gingrich didn’t appear as principled on the subject of conservative consolidation when Santorum won Iowa and Gingrich finished fourth, nor when Santorum narrowly edged Gingrich for fourth place in New Hampshire. If he was concerned about a conservative sacrificing to make sure a conservative alternative had the strength to beat Mitt Romney at that time, Gingrich didn’t pull a muscle leaping out of his chair to volunteer.

Ed,

Step back … think about what you are doing to your reputation.

Santorum has NEVER been ahead of Newt … Never. He was closer during the Iowa blitzkrieg, but has been 10-20 points down to Newt over most of the last 3 months.

Why would a thinking person type such ignorant nonsense?
. . .

MarkCasper on January 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Well for one thing, Santorum was not only finally declared the winner in Iowa (Newt came in a distant 4th), but he also finished ahead of Gingrich in New Hampshire.

Newt came in 5th place behind Santorum in the Granite State, just as Ed accurately pointed out in his statement.

And given the fact that NH was only 20 days ago, on the 10th, your 3 month claim is . . . well, downright laughable!

Here are the final certified results from the New Hampshire Sec’y of State.

Looks like you just haven’t been keeping up, MC!

But not to worry. On that score, you are not alone. None of the media “Newtworks” have bothered updating their numbers from NH either.

Seems to me that not keeping up is a very good example of “ignorant nonsense” . . . to “borrow” a phrase from you.

Trochilus on January 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

at least she’s human, as opposed to that blonde robotic figure who sits off to the side, preening and sporting empty smirks, bedecked with Tiffany baubles said to cost half a million dollars :-), while Newt prattles on regurgitating once again his stump speech…like seriously, at times I wonder if she can talk, laugh, get animated etc…it’s a legit concern for someone who wants to be the first lady (as unrealistic this aspiration might be for her :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Gingrich = whiner. Walk away.

exdeadhead on January 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM

No, when he says things like:
The media is attacking me.
That’s a gotcha question.
I won’t debate if the audience must be silent.
The debate audience was stacked with Romney supporters.
I won’t debate Obama if the media moderate the debates.
Rick should drop out even though he’s won as many states as I have.

That’s whining.

talkingpoints on January 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Pretty good summary. Some of his supporters have been whining on his behalf, too.

Trochilus on January 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

The next time you hear Mormons describe themselves as nice, good people try to remember this thread. This is not an anomaly. They honestly have no reference for real honor or justice or civility.

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM

No One But Paul

dom89031 on January 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I voted for Santorum. Might be spitting in the wind, but still.

CinnamongirlUF on January 31, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Here is why Palin and her supporters should never vote Rick Santorum.

CoolChange80 on January 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Pinning the CINO Tail on the Newt

Resist We Much on January 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM

excellent list, a reminder of who he really is…oh, wait, I don’t think he knows anymore who he really is, all these Newt personas, bit confusing, eh :-)…

jimver on January 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I am not sure if Malkin is still involved with HotAir but she repeats lies against Gingrich possibly competing to be our first “Columnist of Corruption”

(A debunking of most of her inaccuracies here – http://www.politijim.com/2012/01/is-malkin-columnist-of-corruption.html)

Santorum is a great guy. I’d love for him to be the Boy Scout leader of my kids troop or the guy my daughter would want to marry.

Leader? WHAT in his background gives us any indication he can lead? Has he even managed more than 20 people ever? Has he ever initiated a national political movement, let alone let it get written into law?

Many argue he is better because of his integrity. (When you read the article above you will see that is a farce and would blown away with the first million of negative Romney ads)

He won Iowa. Kind of. Actually no delegates were assigned and the guy had to live there for 2 years practically. How do you give him credit for something he can’t replicate?

Even during his Iowa “surge” he still polled nationally lower than Perry, Cain or Gingrich’s peak and that was WITHOUT a number of candidates still in the race! Someone show me the mathematical formula to project him carrying a majority of votes from the Tea Party, much less the GOP, much less the Country? Last I looked he didn’t even get a single endorsement from any national legislator.

And no one has run a penny of negative ads against him yet!

Santorum will either be known as a spoiled man of selfish ambition, or a “patriot” as Palin so named Perry for taking a realistic look at what the landscape was like.

If you don’t want Romney – your only choice IS Gingrich.

And perhaps the founder of the Heritage Foundation who said Gingrich is one of the greatest conservative leaders of our lifetime – isn’t that bad of “down sell” (documented here: http://www.politijim.com/2012/01/paul-weyrich-warns-conservatives-on.html)

PolitiJim on January 31, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Who said I was a mormon?

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM

How about you both get lost and let Ron Paul win some.

Decoski on January 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Portia46 on January 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Who said I was a mormon?

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM

It’s as safe a bet as you being human.

tom on February 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM