Hot Air Pre-Florida Survey Results

posted at 9:30 pm on January 30, 2012 by Patrick Ishmael

Posted without comment. If you’re interested in cross-tabs, contact me here. Pretty interesting one on the Palin v. Christie question…

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I think Santorum is looking good to a lot of Conservatives right now because he did well in the last debate and he’s managed to fly under the radar.
saspepper on January 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM

THis is a great point. He is totally underexposed. Familiarity breeds contempt, and boy howdy, have we become familiar with Newt and Willard!

tom daschle concerned on January 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I don’t like Santorum, and don’t think he has a chance in hell, but I’m so tired of the other two…

He makes a devastating point regarding Romney and Obamacare in the general (and Newt to a lesser extent).

I’m glad Bella is better.

Darksean on January 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM

SilverDeth on January 31, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Thanks for the link, great article!

Naturally Curly on January 31, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Given the fact that Santorum is thoroughly UNelectable on a national scale, it’s nice to see that fellow posters choose Newt.

Hell aint gonna freeze over any time soon, so …
Say goodnight, Willard. Go back to “baptizing” dead Jews.

Todd Palin campaigning for Newt is the surrogate of surrogates.
Don’t forget the Palins’ religious beliefs: not quite enamored of the “latter day saint”.

Just a Thawt²

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Karl Magnus on January 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM

It’s no surprise that the religious bigotry card is played on a regular basis.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Come on Patrick. I don’t have twitter, and I’m not planning on signing up soon. The big news right now is that Newt is bitchen’ that Santorum needs to drop out. That is the one crosstab that would be newsworthy!

Hmm! What was the second choice of Santorum supporters?

What is the second choice of Gingrich?

Don’t tease us….

deadite on January 31, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Kind of makes you realize how out of touch people on this site are with mainstream beltway cocktail party Republicans. ~ haner on January 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

fify

idesign on January 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

“The Olivegarchy.”

TheClearRiver on January 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

csdeven, go troll someone else.
I couldn’t care less what you have to say in response to my posts…or anyone else’s. You’re nothing but a one-note Romney shill, and that’s all you’ve ever been.

DRayRaven on January 31, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Yeah, from day one. Trying to debate her is a waste of time. It’s much easier to just ignore her.

Irritable Pundit on January 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Irritable Pundit on January 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Trying to get under my skin is a waste of time. You on the other hand was easy to rankle.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

It’s no surprise that the religious bigotry card is played on a regular basis.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I don’t care that Mitt’s a Mormon, I used to drink with two lapsed ones while in the service. Not a very scary group at all..

Newt never would have had any traction, if Mitt had any charisma at all, he doesn’t, he also is tone deaf to what the base is saying. That’s why he’s not being given the coronation some of you seem to think he deserves..

The base is tired, sick to death of policticians lining up and waiting their turn, Romney had his shot in 08, he should have stepped aside, but instead he sucked up the cash from donors, leaving many potential candidates thinking he had a lock on it.

Romney may impress high end donors, but with the working people who vote, he’s having a huge problem because we simply don’t like the man.. don’t trust him.

He should address that instead of simply loosing the hounds on every politician who’s standing in front of him. Nobody is asking him to go caveman, but if you have to direct people to his website to find his attacks on Obama, instead of watching it on TV or seeing it in the paper…

It’s nonsensical to say he’s been going after Obama, if no one sees it.

mark81150 on January 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Irritable Pundit on January 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Enjoy csdeven for the entertainment value.

On Romney good days, her drooling is fun.

On Romney bad days, her meltdowns are epic.

If Romney becomes the nominee, we can tease her for her over-the-top Romney pronouncements.

If Romney becomes president, we can tease her for at least four years.

If Romney loses to Obama, it will make her previous meltdowns seem tame.

After Romney retires from politics, her “What Would Romney Do” sermons will also give us chuckles.

Besides, csdeven makes the nutball supporters of the other candidates look normal. And that includes the Paulnuts.

cozmo on January 31, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Ok, Now this is interesting. Either there is a mess up in the results, or some people only do the first part of the vote, or something else.
When you have all 4 still running listed, it goes:
1.Newt
2.Mitt
3.Rick
4.Ron

But if you against Newt and Mitt head to head, Rick beats them both. Hmmmm.

ConservativePartyNow on January 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM

A very illuminating survey. It would have been nice to see what states people resided in too. Perhaps a good question for future surveys.

tbrickert on January 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM

It says Newtmentum on the caption, but when you look inside, the important constest between Santorum and Gingrich looks to me like we all prefer Santorum when its one on one.

Fleuries on January 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Fleuries on January 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM

That should be a no brainer. Santorum actually has a fairly principled and consistant record. On the other hand Romney and Newt have both flip flopped on many of the same conservative issues.

I dont understand how those comparing records, and the electability of an actually

good and likable

guy in Santorum, that somehow Newt has captured some of the so called “grassroots” conservatives.

kage on January 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Good Job Patrick. Hot Air, specifically, your post was mentioned on the radio this morning as I was driving to work. Melody Morgan / Brian Sussman show.

PrettyD_Vicious on January 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

It’s no surprise that the religious bigotry card is played on a regular basis.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Oh?
Having lived in Mormon country most of my life and having read their “bible”, I see nothing bigoted about it. Read Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. I guess anyone pointing out the flaws in that “belief system” is a “bigot” too, eh?
Read their books and get back to us. The intellectual stimulation will leave you breathless.
And why did GrandPappy Romney fight against America and move to Messiko?
Inquiring minds, and intelligent people everywhere, want to know.
Get Real.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Interesting poll results.

Santorum beats Romney by a larger margin than Gingrich in a head-to-head matchup.

Santorum also beats Gingrich in the head-to-head matchup, while Gingrich beats Romney.

Confirms what I have suspected for awhile. Santorum is the best candidate for conservatives, and acceptable to most factions of the GOP.

Norwegian on January 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Newtmentum? Only here at Hot Gas.

Every time he opens his mouth to call Mitt a lair, or tell Santorum to get out of his way he loses.

From where the stats line up Newt is the biggest liar there is and he is not as conservative as Santorum. No one’s perfect, but this guy has so much to bad that he is an embarrassment.

I cringe when I hear his voice, kinda like I do when I hear Obama. I feel the same way about Gingrich (already) as I do about Obama after 3 years. Just Shut UP and go away already. I can’t imagine what I’ll do if he becomes the Nominee.

uhangtight on January 31, 2012 at 11:12 AM

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

But……You’re a WAR hero!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
grammy/eleventy.

Lanceman on January 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM

It’s nonsensical to say he’s been going after Obama, if no one sees it.

mark81150 on January 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM

First, it is a given that Romney doesn’t connect with regular folks. But that is because he isn’t a natural politician. It takes time to develop that skill. And that is why no one running for POTUS should step aside.

Two, he is the only candidate running ads that attack Obama. And up until Florida, he attacked Obama on a regular basis during the debates. When Gingrich himself started attacking Romney in retaliation for the Romney PAC ads, Romney then went after Gingrich.

Now Gingrich is whining like a little 8itch because Romney got the better of him. I have no sympathy for Gingrich at all.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Karl Magnus on January 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM

There is no religious test for public office. The way you bring it up is straight up bigotry. And you act like Palin is a bigot also. I guess you would know, so why should anyone argue with you.

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM

csdeven on January 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Romney is king borg. We will all be assimilated.

You just got ahead of the curve and volunteered to be Renfeld.

cozmo on January 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM

mark81150 on January 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM

your right … I don’t trust him …. IMO … he is a plastic left of center used car salesman who will say or do anything to get the vote …. he could not beat Mcvain …. this is just my opinion of course … but this view of him is NOT likely to change ….

conservative tarheel on January 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Well my order of preference is Gingrich, SanTorum, Paul, Romney…and Santoruma nd Gingrich places would be switched except for 1 character flaw I perceive in Rick Santorum…in the last two debates but the last one specifically the last question was something akin to “Please tell everone watching why they should elect you. And each of the candidate’s did just that, explaining what specific area they thought they had Strengths in that would benefit the nation as a whole…then Santorum gets his turn and he can’t go 15 seconds before he changes it to vote foe me because I am not ____ (referring to ROmney), and I am not ____ (referring to Paul) and I am not ____ (referring to Gingrich). Rick we know you are different we gather that from the debate that was not the time to basjh your competitors it was an opportunity to show a little Reaganesqueness by articulating the postives of who you are, what you think and what you intend to do…not me good but them really bad…epic failure!

RedLizard64 on January 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hey, Mr. Electable finally broke 30%!

Richard Miniter on Romney’s supposed electability (in Forbes).

Y-not on January 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM