George Soros: There’s not much difference between Obama and Romney

posted at 7:10 pm on January 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via RCP. Alternate headline: “George Soros cuts the greatest Gingrich attack ad of all time.” Newt, in fact, mentioned Soros’s comments here three times in his interview with ABC this morning; no doubt the footage below is coming soon to a Winning Our Future spot near you. Is Soros on the level, though, or is he playing a little Pelosi/Vizzini mind game? He knows he’s a right-wing boogeyman whose comments on the race will be exploited for advantage. Presumably he also knows that Mitt’s a greater threat to Obama in swing states than Gingrich is. Here’s a quick, simple way to give Romney the kiss of death. Then again, how many Republican voters actually know who Soros is and why they’re supposed to fear/loathe him? Committed grassroots activists do, but they’re already in the Gingrich or Santorum camps precisely because they agree with Soros’s point.

Ah well. Bookmark this now in case Mitt’s the nominee, as it’ll be fun to return to it in six months when the left’s convinced itself that Romney is some sort of cross between Gordon Gekko and Hitler. Oh, and be sure to watch to the end or else you’ll miss him lamenting Obama’s refusal to nationalize the banks after the financial crisis. Good ol’ George.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This means nothing, but the sheer consternation and frustration of the Mitt bots is great to behold. Soros is such a tainted piece of work, you can’t take anything he says at face value..

I think the self appointed “smart” people who whorship at Mitt’s feet are being played by the unwashed masses..

Nobody really thinks Soros loves Romney, but it’s almost as good as sex to watch Mittbots squirm over it. That is what happens when you set yourself up as the defenders of the great champion of moderation, and scream moron at anyone who disagrees with you..

Let them squirm.. payback for all the nasty things they love to say about conservatives for our treasonous crime of not liking Mitt.

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I believe most people on the right hate Mr Soros because they despise Jewish people. The is some level of antisemitism in the hatred.

I agree with him by the way

liberal4life getalife on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

WTH are you talking about?

Conservatives are pro-Israel.

SparkPlug on January 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Go through the posts and see how many accuse Soros of being either a Nazi or communist. Yet no single, private individual has done more to support the Polish Solidarity movement or dissidents such as Andrei Sakharov in Russia, and in doing so, has held a unique role in undermining Soviet and totalitarian regimes.
Google his role in supporting democracy in Georgia.

So why the hate-filled accusations?

bayam on January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I agree with him by the way

liberal4life on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I harbor a healthy dislike of George Soros but have felt that way about him long before I knew he was Jewish. And I don’t dislike President Obama because of the color his skin, either. But if it makes you feel better, consider all of us bigots if you like.

Even more importantly, if one of the greatest enemies of the Republic in the history of the Republic tells me there’s no discernible difference between President Obama and Mitt Romney, then I’ll assume (1) there is a huge difference between Obama and Romney; and (2) Soros is afraid of Romney.

Soros and his associates have at their disposal genuinely honest internal polls, without the unfair and inaccurate weighting that burdens most of the polls made available for public consumption, along with an army of well-paid analysts hired to interpret the data and generate reasonably accurate forecasting models. If we see a poll that shows Romney slightly ahead of Obama in crucial swing states, you better believe the trend Soros is looking at shows a Romney victory in spite of whatever Chicago Way methods they might have in mind.

So yes, of course Soros is lying. And insofar as his Jewishness is concerned, I’m pretty sure dishonesty and treachery are as sinful in the Old Testament as they are in the New.

troyriser_gopftw on January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Bmore- it sounds like your friend needs some assistance. Is there anything I can do to help?

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

So why the hate-filled accusations?

bayam on January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

You do know the role he plays in funding a legion of extremist leftwing agencies right? The fact he was taken in by a Nazi who’s job was confiscating arrested Jews property for the enrichment of the Reich, and he himself discribed those years as “the greatest of my life”?

That he’s wrecked economies in Europe purely to make another billion or two.. that he openly called George Bush and his administration akin to the Nazi Germans? That he trys to buy elections for the left every election year?

He’s an utter scumbag, attempting to install socialists who are under his thumb to craft this country into a one party state.. He’s more an enemy combatant than humanitarian. His crimes against various governments in trying to profit off destroying their currencies are easy to look up..

Only an avowed leftwinger who likes being bought and paid for could love him.

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

For the first time here at Hot Gas, I have no idea whatsoever that means.

What a whirl-wind of the last weeks. For myself, welcome. I’d much rather entertain many than few.

I get why the pundits continue to corral those they wish to endorse. It’s their livelihood. Well, it’s not mine.

In fairness and the spirit of what I think responsibility is.

And,I’m rooting for Eli. Deal.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Google his role in supporting democracy in Georgia.

So why the hate-filled accusations?

bayam on January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Explain to me what right you have to denigrate anyone who might have helped with any one/thing in the solidarity movement in Russia.

I’m waiting.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I understand exactly what Mark is saying in his comment. Soros is a duplicitous power hungry demon whose sole purpose in life is to manipulate and control others. His main goal is to dismantle America as it stands for everything he hates.

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I agree with him by the way
liberal4life on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You’re a fool.

jawkneemusic on January 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

“George Soros cuts the greatest Gingrich attack ad of all time.”

And why would the Left’s puppet master do that? You think it’s because the Dim-o-crats are scared of Newty? This is clearly designed to influence the primaries. So all you Newtists out there can now pat each other on the back as you dance around at the end of the puppet master’s strings.

cicerone on January 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I thank you for your understanding. Too many do not.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Which friend? A lot of my friends need help.

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I’ve often wondered if people actually fall for this kind of coordinated far-left agitprop. Apparently, some do. We’ve got to do a much better job with education in this country. But in the meantime, let me see if I can explain this in a way those folks falling for this might understand. Follow along…

George Soros is a far-left Marxist billionaire and Nazi sympathizer who has spent hundreds of millions of dollars — hundreds of millions — to get democrats broadly, and Barack Obama, specifically, elected to high office. Google Open Society Institute and Center for American Progress and MoveOn.org and Tides Foundation and see what you find there. Those are all Soros-funded outfits, all far, far left, and all will work overtime and spend many of Soros’ billions of dollars to get Barack Obama re-elected. Soros is financing Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, funneling the money through outfits like those listed above and others. Ok. Got that? He is Barack Obama’s chief campaign financier.

Now, why would the guy who financed Barack Obama’s first campaign, and is financing his second campaign, want Republican voters to sour on Mitt Romney? What would be George Soros’s payoff if Romney goes down and, for example, Gingrich climbs up? What is in it for Soros, knowing that he wants Barack Obama to win re-election?

Is anything coming to you? Anything getting through? Lightbulbs going off? No? Ok. I’ll be more direct. George Soros wants Barack Obama to win, and he thinks Mitt Romney might interfere with that.

Rational Thought on January 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Careful, George could snap his fingers and have you turned into a lampshade. He’s that powerful. He neutered Fox News last year.

slickwillie2001 on January 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Pathetic to take his words out of context and the situation he was forced into as a child. Many of his friends and family’s friends were executed by the Nazis. But don’t let that stop you from saying that he enjoyed it.

That he’s wrecked economies in Europe purely to make another billion or two

His trades against the Bank of England occurred within the legal confines of free enterprise. Are you against free markets? Would you have preferred a United Nations agency preventing the Soros currency trades that hurt England? What Soros did is no different than what Romney did to some companies but at a larger scale.

Only an avowed leftwinger who likes being bought and paid for could love him.

And most anti-communist leaders of Eastern Europe, such as Walesa.

bayam on January 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Precisely. I now wonder the percentage of ‘likely voters’(gotta be p/c, right?) who will allow that to even be as important as the way it’s polled/relevant.

Does it in the end matter? Probably not.

Nothing much does now-a-days.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

g2825. You said they needed help. Am I mis understanding?

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I agree with him by the way

liberal4life getalife on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I was born and raised in a conservative JEWISH family.
My dad’s first vote was for Goldwater/mother’s for Nixon…and they were HUGE supporters of Reagan.
Go eff yourself you left-wing gonad.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

onlineanalyst on January 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Nailed it.

Conservchik on January 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

…Obama will win by TKO in November

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I agree with him by the way

liberal4life getalife on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I was born and raised in a conservative JEWISH family.
Go eff yourself you left-wing gonad.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Exactly my sentiments. Liberal4life is a total tool.

Conservchik on January 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

cicerone on January 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

You think they fear Romney?

and for a Mittbot to accuse anyone else of being on a puppetmasters strings is kind thick in irony. You favor a candidate who’s biggest claim to the nomination is it’s his turn…

Now explain why we should feel ashamed that Soros decided to attempt to manipulate the election, when Romney has played to the democrat lite theme his whole political career..

That it gets any traction at all, is laid squarely at Romneys feet for being damn fool enough to alienate conservatives in an absurd play for the independents. You’re a damned fool to think Obama or Soros fear Romney, they don’t fear any opposition, that’s been plain enough. So in your rage that Soros is sliming Mitt, somehow you think that’s our fault?

Yeah, right.. well it’d not be a problem if Mitt had reached out to conservatives instead of snubbing the most reliable republican voting block.

But no… why do something intelligent, when Mitt and the squishy middle know so much better…

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I was born and raised in a conservative JEWISH family.
Go eff yourself you left-wing gonad.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Thank you, a l t, for confirming that I wasn’t brought up in a twilight zone.

My parents, even back in the 60s when I was growing up, made it a point to be inclusive of my peers. I have, since those days, followed in their teachings, and have been better for it.

It’s quite amazing, I’m told, to have had parents in which to have footsteps.

I relish those days, still.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I agree with him by the way
liberal4life on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I didn’t believe your degree of stupid could actually lace a sentence together, but apparently you can.
Now, check out George’s history before you really make an idiot of yourself.
Soros is not his real name. It’s made up. He hated the himself, a Jew, and so did his dad. Little George helped the Nazi’s, ever the sniveling little imperialist.

AllahsNippleHair on January 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I was born and raised in a conservative JEWISH family.
Go eff yourself you left-wing gonad.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Left wing Gonad. Nice one!

AllahsNippleHair on January 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

That’s right!!! Obama: self-made man! Understands how capital works in the market economy! Believes in capitalism, and has lived it! Huge Private sector success! Same as Romney!!!

jaime on January 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Perhaps a small misunderstanding. g2825m is deployed here, RC-East, I like to send goodies. I have been keeping an eye out for commenter’s here who are deployed. When I find one I offer them goodies. RC-East is a tough place to be. These fine folks are well worth us looking out for. In as little as I can do, I do. Usually anonymously, sometimes with friends I have that are over there, in this case one of our brethren here at HA. I will let you know if I can have success, I emailed Ed to see if he could be the go between. Privacy for not only me, but g2825m, being of primary concern. (Primary concern) of course not taking into account g2825m’s actual safety, which would trump all other concerns.

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Do you vote at the polls tomorrow?

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

People need to get beyond the media already… so neg and a form of brain wash

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I thank you for your understanding. Too many do not.

jersey taxpayer on January 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I do. I understand the evil that has infiltrated this great country that was founded on the Divinely inspired principles of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. I also know in my heart that anyone who is against those principles is an enemy of freedom and needs to be vanquished. I will not live under tyranny.

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:28 PM

troyriser_gopftw on January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Bingo.

Buy Danish on January 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yes of course. Safety first. I would love to help you with this. I love our military and never seem to find the right way to honor them. If it works ask Ed to send me an email so I can contribute.

To answer your question on voting, I split my time between FL and the socialist state of NY. I split my time between NY and FL. I need to be here for my dad who lost my mother recently and suffered a stroke shortly thereafter but I am still registered in NY.

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

bayam on January 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I didn’t say he enjoyed it.. I’m qouting him.. Soros may have given money to help fight communism, he can’t make money there if free markets don’t exist. You tell me where it was taken, “out of context” you ass, when he was interviewed, he straight up said it.. when asked a moment later if he felt any survivors guilt, or would like to change his statement, he said no, no guilt at being fortunate and being spared, and no, he really did enjoy those years..

I’ve seen the interview… and you’re an apologist for a monster who plays with the lives of nations like they were poker chips.

He is THE money man for the extremist left in the US.. behind multiple front groups, various propaganda outlets like Media Matters.. which I’m sure you enjoy alot.

Soros didn’t stay quite so much inside the law, as the efforts of the German Government among others to look into his dealings..

He robs from rich western countries, and uses his profits to rob even more savagely from the East, under the cloak of “philanthropy.” His goal is to loot wherever and however he can. Soros has been called the master manipulator of “hit-and-run capitalism.”

As we shall see, what Soros means by “open,” is a society that allows him and his financial predator friends to loot the resources and precious assets of former Warsaw Pact economies. By bringing people like Jeffrey Sachs or Sweden’s Anders Aslund and their economic shock therapy into these economies, Soros lays the groundwork for buying up the assets of whole regions of the world at dirt-cheap prices.

my, what a sale price you and the left have been sold for……

The left is always vulnerable to despots, since the uber rich sugar daddy does their thinking for them.. and they’re fine with that.. whores never usually regret that decision till long after their looks are gone, and the gutter is home.

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Just in case no one has said this yet: Hey, George, there’s not much difference between you and a one-celled pond dweller, either.

stukinIL4now on January 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Gotta call it a night.. wife’ll be home soon..

mark81150 on January 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

so we are supposed to believe Soros now?
gatorboy on January 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Either believe him; in which case you should run away from Mitt Romney with all possible haste.

Or . . . you could choose the position of an “ultimate Conspiracy Theorist”, and devine the following:

“George Soros KNOWS that by his openly endorsing Romney, it will doom his campaign to failure”, thereby leading us to conclude that George Soros doesn’t want Romney in the White House. And if Soros doesn’t want Mitt to win, then it stands to reason that WE probably DO. After all, anything George Soros is for, we should oppose, and vice verse.

Conclusion: You should move to support Mitt Romney, with all possible haste.

Or not. Whatever pleases you.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Sorry to hear about your folks, I’ll send very good vibes your and your fathers way, for a speedy recovery. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bmore on January 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Thank you. He is doing well. Please keep me posted. I would love to help.

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Romney won’t call Obama a malevolent Marxist because he would lose th election if he did. Americans (like you?) think Obama’s not a very good president but kind of a nice guy and they don’t want to hear mean things said about him.

Buy Danish on January 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

So Mitt will lie or sugarcoat to win an election (assuming he does believe Obama to bea Marxist), but yet he’ll go nuclear on Gingrich to the delight of his Mittbot myrmidons. Got it.

But yet same Mittbots assure us Romney’s going to bring the wrath of God down on Obama. LOL This is going to be SO much fun to watch come apart at the seams.

ddrintn on January 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

George Soros: There’s not much difference between Obama and Romney

Only in the comparative melanin levels.

Kent18 on January 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Today:

“Why would we listen to this liberal and trust his words???”

-Mitt Supporter

——————————————————-
Yesterday

“Hey, Nancy Pelosi has the goods on Newt Gingrich!!!”

-Mitt Supporter

portlandon on January 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Who better to take multiple, contradictory stances on any given point of (*kaff*kaff*) “principle” than a willing acolyte of the Pompadoured One…?

Kent18 on January 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

ddrintn on January 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Did you read Newt’s speech yet?

Buy Danish on January 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I understand exactly what Mark is saying in his comment.

FLconservative on January 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Ditto. No difficulties here. Looks as if the problem may be in the receiver, rather than the transmitter, if you take my meaning.

Kent18 on January 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Glenn Beck and Richard Poe Investigate George Soros’ Role in Worldwide Unrest – video

Targeting the U.S. With ‘Covert Activities’: Beck Investigates Soros’ Role in Worldwide Unrest

ChasVoice on January 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Many Newt defenders are now taking what Soros says at face value? Do they not understand anything about politics? Of course, all leftists would much rather have Obama run against Newt so they will say anything to get republicans doubting Romney more. If Newt was to get the GOP nod, imagine his constant whining about Obama Super Pac attack ads. Listen to a current Newt stump speech – all about Newt’s unfair treatment by practically everyone. Paranoid, Desperate. Romney has more money because he has a better campaign operation. Yes, he’s been running for a couple years but let’s not forget that Newt was wife-shopping for a First Lady as far back as 1999. The fact that Newt failed to get on a few ballots adds to the image that if one cannot put together an effective campaign operation, just how will one succeed in building an effective administration in DC. First so-called conservatives attacked capitalsm, private equity, private investments, wealth and tax returns,now Newt using the argument that the world is just UNFAIR and finally rightminds listening to Soros…..what has my party come to?

BabysCatz on January 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Many Newt Romney defenders are now taking what Soros Romney says at face value? [...] what has my party come to?

BabysCatz on January 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Fixed.

Kent18 on January 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM

That’s right, folks, Soros has your interests at heart and will tell you the truth. NOT!!

Same reason four different Democratic PACs are running TV and radio ads against Romney in Florida but none against Newt. They know who the threat is, and who would be easiest to beat.

Adjoran on January 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM

ChasVoice on January 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

That’s a good link.

Add Mikhail Gorbachev and Maurice Strong to that, and you have the whole “shebang.”

listens2glenn on January 31, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Ewww. I need a shower now. The mega commie soros is saying the same thing I’ve said; Romney = Obama.

Now I’m forced to defend Romney……..
……
……

Can’t do it. He’d suck at governing as much as his dad did.

Wolfmoon on January 31, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Since when does Hot Air take George Soros’s word for anything?

pathetic.

Terrye on January 31, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Darth Soros! I despise his very existence! Can’t stand Willard, but this evil bastard makes Mitt look like a saint in comparison!

Back to your hole, demon-spawn!

insidiator on January 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Since when does Hot Air take George Soros’s word for anything?

Terrye on January 31, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Once the precedent was set by Allah, re: Meghan McCain, it became impossible to argue that “Hot Air does not actively encourage the observations of liberal morons.” ;)

Kent18 on January 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Don’t be silly. The ERM didn’t exactly fit that description, did it? And its questionable rationality ultimately provided him with a nice, fat 1-sided bet.

Soros is primarily interested in replacing institutional arrangements he can’t manipulate with ones that he can.

DrSteve on January 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I agree with him by the way
liberal4life on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Why do I care if he is Jewish? Just want to understand if I am supposed to be carrying some sort of grudge. Frankly I “HATE” very few. Disappointed my many, discouraged by more, befuddled by the masses….but hate? Too much energy for so little benefit.

landowner on January 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

mark81150: Mittbot this, Mittbot that.

There are “bots” for every candidate, but it’s apparent that you’re calling *everyone* who’s for Mitt a “Mittbot.” The two GOP candidates that have the most are most definitely Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich (with Paul having a sizable lead). I’m for Santorum, by the way. Not that that stops me from being called a “Mittbot,” just like all these other people who dare point out the facts about the Progressive-wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing (and not even very well tailored sheep’s clothing; the gaping holes showing the wolf hair underneath are bloody obvious) Newt Gingrich.

Frantic caller complains about Newt bashing

Beck hits back at Gingrich attack with Newt’s own words

Michelle Malkin’s been called a Mittbot too, by your absurd ilk.

CanofSand on January 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM