Video: Guy who’s been campaigning for president since 2004 suddenly against “perpetual political campaigns”

posted at 5:10 pm on January 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

In which The One displays his enormous balls by daring to criticize anyone else for perpetual campaigning. (And yes, I realize that he’s used this line before, which only makes it funnier.) This is a guy who, immediately after he was elected to the Senate in November 2004, gave this answer when asked whether he was thinking of higher office:

You know, I am a believer in knowing what you’re doing when you apply for a job. And I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket, I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I’m not one of those people.

Turns out he was one of those people. He spent the next two years building cred with the left by filibustering judges whom he admitted were qualified and voting present on Senate resolutions to chastise MoveOn.org for smearing his future CIA director. He declared his candidacy in early 2007, spent a year and a half running for president, and then studiously ignored his campaign promises to tackle the greatest fiscal challenge of our age because it would have been too darned risky for his reelection bid. Instead he pushed cheap, inconsequential budget gimmicks to set up a class-warfare campaign this year against the GOP and unconstitutional recess appointments in hopes of baiting the “do-nothing Congress” he wants to run against into being even more confrontational. (He spends several paragraphs of the speech you’re about to watch whining about Mike Lee’s vow to block all of his nominees in protest of the illegal Cordray appointment.) It’s all electoral maneuvering. It’s all about the campaign. Always.

Here’s the weekly lecture followed by Marco Rubio’s response.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When I saw the headline on Twitter, I immediately thought of Mitt Romney. This is even more laughable though.

joekenha on January 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

What a dingleberry.

Shameless one at that.

squint on January 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Mutnodjmet on January 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Obama reminds me of an old gag by P.G. Wodehouse:

“He was of that crookedness, that he could hide behind a spiral staircase at will”

Spots the Dog on January 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

this is rich coming from Bamster…

jimver on January 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Is this the same guy who extolled the virtues of bailouts and then claimed we would have no bailouts in the SOTU? The same guy?

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

FL poll today:

An exclusive statewide Florida Decides poll finds Mitt Romney with a solid lead. The poll, conducted by Mason-Dixing Polling and Research for Bay News 9, News 13 and the Tampa Bay Times, shows if the election were today, 42 percent of GOP voters would vote for Romney. Newt Gingrich trailed by 11 points with 31 percent of the vote. Behind him was Santorum with 14 percent and Ron Paul with just 6 percent of the vote.

A look at a Romney/Obama match up shows Romney taking Florida 48 percent to Obama’s 44 percent. He seems to be the only candidate with that strength. A Gingrich/Obama race has Obama leading by 9 points, and against Rick Santorum Obama leads by 11 percent.

Obama know his goose is cooked if Romney is the nominee. Romney wins Florida and another swing state, game over.

haner on January 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

You have to be brazen to be a successful con man.

galtani on January 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Ronald Reagan ran several times before being elected. George H.w bush ran twice. John McCain ran twice.Richard Nixon ran twice. As far as i can tell this is Romneys second time.

Obama was planning to run for president as soon as he got into the senate

gerrym51 on January 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Too bad the Republicans can’t put up a worthy candidate to unseat this jackhole.

Left Coast Right Mind on January 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM

“This isn’t about me.”

Thus confirming, yet again, it always has been about him, is now about him, and will always be about him …… to him.

RasThavas on January 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I.WILL.NEVER.VOTE.FOR.MITT.ROMNEY . . .NEVER!

Pragmatic on January 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

You mean that Obama is AGAINST perpetual campaigning? I am shocked, shocked to learn of this NOW!!

bigmike on January 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Nope. I’m sorry, AP. I agree with Obama. Campaigning, in the traditional sense, carries with it the assumption that the end/goal is governance/power. If you look at the piece by Jay Cost, that “end” was never Obama’s goal.

So he hasn’t been campaigning, because there’s never been a time in which he’s not doing what he’s doing right now, whatever that is. He’s not campaigning now, because there’s never been an interruption of governing or leadership. No separation of now from then. It’s just been…this. This tertium quid. A long monotone, low register, hum that constantly heralds poorer and poorer times; no variance, and ironically no change.

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM

The audacity of a dope.

JAM on January 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I looked at the overall poll. the most amusing thing was 3 percent did not know who Rick Scott was.

gerrym51 on January 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Allahpundit/Rubio 2012

msmveritas on January 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Rubio is the effin’ man.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Gas bag.

Rational Thought on January 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Mitt Romney doesn’t have the background or the balls to call him on anything he does.

SouthernGent on January 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Has Obama even governed since taking office?

I just assumed he was still campaigning.

Aizen on January 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

The guy in the bottom video should be running against Obozo.

kevinkristy on January 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Perpetual?? Barrraaaccckkk has been running for relection since he took the oath of office..

3 Questions?

Are you better off than you were 5 trillion ago?
Are you personally better off than you were 3 years ago?
Are your kids going to better off when you are gone?

If you said no to these 3 questions … Is there really a choice?

Thats what this election comes down to …

Cincy Conservative on January 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Obama and Romney. They mirror each other. Both have never stopped campaigning after they were elected one time and governed as flaming liberals/socialists. Obama has never lost an election. Mittens is about to lose his third, one way or the other.

they lie on January 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

“And that is why I will stop my 8 years of campaigning after this fall”
-Obozo

Flange on January 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM

you got me…I had to look up tertium quid.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I.WILL.NEVER.VOTE.FOR.MITT.ROMNEY . . .NEVER!

Pragmatic on January 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Another Obama supporter .(by default of course).

gerrym51 on January 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I bet that is better than any other state knowing who their governor is. Remember when Obama won the majority of Dems thought that the GOP controlled both houses of Congress.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM

In read the headline and thought this was a post about Mitt.

unseen on January 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I’m proud to say I helped put that man in office.

You’re welcome, America.

oh btw, enjoy your last 11 months in The People’s House champ.

Flora Duh on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

they lie on January 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Do you have anything new to say on Romney? I think you need a cracker Polly. Pathetic.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

haner on January 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Right. If Romney is the nominee, it’s game over for America.
Like Sorros says, not much difference between Obama and Mitt.

JellyToast on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

In read the headline and thought this was a post about Mitt.

unseen on January 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Well we know it wasn’t about SP. She quit…again.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

you got me…I had to look up tertium quid.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Heh. One of those five dollar phrases that I picked up while in seminary.

Weight of Glory on January 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Like Sorros says, not much difference between Obama and Mitt.

JellyToast on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

When you’re quoting Soros you know you’re phucked in the head.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Is the President delusional? His detachment from reality reaches critical level.

“I am reminded of the famous scene in The Caine Mutiny embedded above in which the captain is testifying at the court-martial of officers who removed him from command during a storm on the basis of mental incompetence. Perhaps you remember the brilliant film performance by Humphrey Bogart. As he testifies about his fine job of command, the captain slowly breaks down into coherence. He pulls out of his pocket some little steel balls which he rolls endlessly in his hand. Click. Click. Click. The court-martial officers look at each other and you can see in their faces what they are thinking: This man is bonkers.”

pat on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Dear God I hate this SOB. To be fair though, I hate Newt-the- Fannie-Mae-”Historian” almost as much.

sbvft contributor on January 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Like Sorros says, not much difference between Obama and Mitt.

JellyToast on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I’m not a Mitt supporter, but since when do we give a rats a$$ what George Soros has to say?

JPeterman on January 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Ronald Reagan ran several times before being elected.

gerrym51 on January 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Incorrect.

Reagan ran once for President, in 1976, before winning on his second try in 1980.

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM

pat on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yes, in the last few speeches he’s given, I’ve been expecting him to start muttering something about somebody stealing strawberries. I’m not kidding, the guy acts likes he’s thiiiiis close to completely going over the edge.

Flora Duh on January 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

d@mn CW – youse a bad mamma jamma. The wrong side of the bed is a b!tch.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

In fairness to Obama, you can’t accuse him of running for President since 2004. He was running to increase his profile.

No one actually thought Americans would be so stupid and shallow as to actually nominate and elect him until it actually happened.

HitNRun on January 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

And the Left call Sarah Palin a “Quitter”.

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

When you’re quoting Soros you know you’re phucked in the head.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

LOL. Not to mention, when Soros is trying to make sure a given candidate loses the primary, doesn’t that kinda sorta maybe send a little smoke signal about who they fear? Sheesh.

Rational Thought on January 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Originally I thought all this infighting among Republicans would be bad for the general election, but then I realized that as soon as Obama speaks, ABO is on all our minds.

haner on January 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM

And the Left call Sarah Palin a “Quitter”.

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

And some on the Right as well!

Well we know it wasn’t about SP. She quit…again.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Well we know it wasn’t about SP. She quit…again.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

some people have other uses of their time then constantly seeking power over others. It shows a clear picture that when Mitt had power he sought to increase his power whereas when Palin had power she sought to decrease hers. Some people like Obama and Mitt seek power for power’s sake. while other are servants who seek power for a short time to enact change and once the chang eis accomplished leave that power and go back to the private sector.

unseen on January 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Is the President delusional?
pat on January 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

squint on January 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

sbvft contributor on January 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM

hate [is only this far from] love. I choose to dislike, it leaves me more wiggle room.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

What’s with the tie dangling down at his crotch and his knees all spread apart?

MayBee on January 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

balls??…..gall, perhaps, but balls, no….

ted c on January 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

but then I realized that as soon as Obama speaks, ABO is on all our minds.

haner on January 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM

see when I hear Obama speak I see another mitt. And when I hear Mitt speak I hear another Obama.

unseen on January 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Once again to the Newt-Bots here…McCain lost a huge number of votes in 2008 because he was perceived as being “too old”. As I recall, O’bama cleaned his clock among younger voters.

In 2012, Newt is only 3 years younger than McCain was when he ran in 2008.

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

is he tryin’ to smear lipstick on a pig campaign when its just really a pig campaign….?

ted c on January 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Shut up, Turd.

Pork-Chop on January 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM

WE CITIZENS HAVE A MIGHTY STING. I think Team Obama does not realize how much Nov. 2012 is going to hurt. Mutnodjmet on January 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM

You really like that line, eh?

Akzed on January 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM

This guy is unbelievable and totally without credit.

rplat on January 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM

If Obama was Pinnochio he wouldn’t be able to fit in an Airbus hangar.

fogw on January 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

WE CITIZENS HAVE A MIGHTY STING. I think Team Obama does not realize how much Nov. 2012 is going to hurt. Mutnodjmet on January 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Folks have gotten banned for spamming, just saying.

Akzed on January 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Couldn’t get through the Obama clip, as I’ve become allergic to fairy dust thrown into the ears. But I did like Rubio’s clip. I think in another cycle or two he should run for president, because he certainly understands America and what we’re up against.

Obama? Supermarket produce past its sell-by date.

RebeccaH on January 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I’m waiting for someone to photoshop a douchenozzel onto his head.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM

The guy in the bottom video should be running against Obozo.

kevinkristy on January 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Hold on, I thought we were supposed to hate the guy because he defended Romney. Head spins.

bluealice on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM

well EXCUSE me. they all ran for President TWICE.

LOL

gerrym51 on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Well we know it wasn’t about SP. She quit…again.

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Did she quit or not?

She quit on her supporters in this race.

She quit on Alaskans when she left the job as Gov.

She quit her job on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

Trend?

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Obama: Like a bowl of oatmeal with nothing on it.

Yuck.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM

douchenozzel is the funniest word ever.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM

He’s starting to look a little pink in the face.

It might just be my eyes, but he’s looking a bit pink.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I.WILL.NEVER.VOTE.FOR.MITT.ROMNEY . . .NEVER!

Pragmatic on January 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

So why isn’t your username “Dogmatic” then?

Waggoner on January 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

yeah, okay. SP’s a quitter. Can you stop now?

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I.WILL.NEVER.VOTE.FOR.MITT.ROMNEY . . .NEVER!

Pragmatic on January 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

So why isn’t your username “Dogmatic” then?

Waggoner on January 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Because that is his real name.

galtani on January 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Marco Rubio makes me hot.

exliberal on January 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Sometimes, I know, the truth hurts. Take two aspirin and call a Oromneycare/Obamacare Doctor in the a.m. if any are still practicing.

they lie on January 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

The normal process of a political campaign season preceding a general election is suddenly distasteful to Barack Obama, who has been attempting to maintain and husband a virtual campaign via the internet, in a clear and futile attempt to maintain the momentum that he was able to engender in 2008, since he was inaugurated.

Why?

Because the enthusiasm and appetite of the GOP base for this election cycle, paired with the failure of that virtual campaign and the lack of enthusiasm and appetite of the Democrat base, has deflated the hopes of Obama and his campaign team.

Obama has nothing to run on. His own leadership and policies are unpopular with both the Left and the Right of the political spectrum. He cannot run on slogans and promises as he did in the last Presidential election because the electorate,both on the Left and the Right, are disenchanted and disillusioned by his failure to deliver on those promises and appalled by much of what he did deliver.His grand vision for ‘fundamental transformation’ of this nation turned out to be something that the American people don’t share.

I think the number of ‘czars’ that Obama fielded has a great deal to do with the substance, or lack thereof, of his Presidency. He relied on others to make the decisions and do the work of the President. He really believed that he could delegate his Presidency.I think he thought that his job would be saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when his various ‘czars’ made their pitch for whatever position , policy, or piece of legislation that they came up with, and making grand speeches as necessary. A sort of belief that the ‘institution’ of the Presidency, and the support staff of the administration, would do the bulk of the work and he could just drift within that framework.

thatsafactjack on January 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Obama will never be re-elected.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Marco Rubio makes me hot.

exliberal on January 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

me effin’ too! That man is a saucy minx

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Obama will never be re-elected.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

From you keyboard to God’s ears KWR! :)

sicoit on January 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM

MayBee on January 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

EWWWWWWWW!!!!

GhoulAid on January 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

you=your :)

sicoit on January 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

My two US Senators better hope they stand with Senator Lee in obstructing any potential nominee until constitutional order is restored with the removal of the most recent unconstitutional appointees.

Though I doubt I need to voice my opinions to either of them, I’m off to e-mail my two Georgia Senators to stand solidly for REMOVAL of unauthorized appointees!! Another additional note, if it were up to me, I’d refuse to pass any order of business (not even the naming of a post office) until that issue was resolved.

Terry in GA on January 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I.WILL.NEVER.VOTE.FOR.MITT.ROMNEY . . .NEVER!
Pragmatic on January 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

If he is the nominee then your non vote for Romney is a vote for Obama by default. You might as well just vote for Obama.

jawkneemusic on January 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM

thatsafactjack,

You nailed it.

I’d say he’s run out of bullets but that’s a bad metaphor because he’s been shooting blanks ever since he entered the political scene.

He has nothing to run on so all we are going see from here on out is whining and a lot of misdirection.

fogw on January 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM

If only obama would have stayed in perpetual campaign more the past 4 years, the USA would be in bettter shape.

A VERY SCARY THOUGHT:
If he gets re-elected, there’s no third term(assuming he doesn’t decide its best for us); Obama with a 4 year deadline to finish making the USA how he sees it. I wouldn’t advise getting in the way. (try and sleep tonight after that thought).

cougar on January 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM

“This isn’t about me.”

Hmmm…Didn’t he steal that from someone…?

itsnotaboutme on January 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM

At the end of the 1st video he says:

“an economy built to last”

BUT I SWEAR I thought he said:

“and a commie built to last”

Had to watch it twice.

Ugly on January 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Does anything but lies, propaganda and hypocrisy EVER come out of this guys mouth? He is Captain Douche Nozzle!!!

dddave on January 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

dddave on January 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

No. Which is why it is pointless to listen to anything he says.

The Rogue Tomato on January 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM

captain douchenozzle is the funniest phrase ever.

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Did she quit or not?

She quit on her supporters in this race.

She quit on Alaskans when she left the job as Gov.

She quit her job on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.

Trend?

CW on January 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Here is the appropriate passage from her resignation speech.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/238e173e-681f-11de-848a-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1knXJf6ke

Some say things changed for me on August 29th last year – the day John McCain tapped me to be his running-mate – I say others changed.

Let me speak to that for a minute.

Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I’ve been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations – such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters’ questions.

Every one – all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won! But it hasn’t been cheap – the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to “opposition research” – that’s money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the “politics of personal destruction” … Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game.

It’s pretty insane – my staff and I spend most of our day dealing with THIS instead of progressing our state now. I know I promised no more “politics as usual,” but THIS isn’t what anyone had in mind for ALASKA.

-snip-

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/238e173e-681f-11de-848a-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1knXbTLYR

nd so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn’t run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks… travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade – as so many politicians do. And then I thought – that’s what’s wrong – many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and “milk it”. I’m not putting Alaska through that – I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! ? That’s not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old “politics as usual.” I promised that four years ago – and I meant it.

It’s not what is best for Alaska.

I am determined to take the right path for Alaska even though it is unconventional and not so comfortable.

With this announcement that I am not seeking re-election… I’ve determined it’s best to transfer the authority of governor to Lieutenant Governor Parnell; and I am willing to do so, so that this administration – with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future – can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.

-snip-

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/238e173e-681f-11de-848a-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1knXkNLhl

Some Alaskans don’t mind wasting public dollars and state time. I do. I cannot stand here as your Governor and allow millions upon millions of our dollars go to waste just so I can hold the title of Governor.

Del Dolemonte on January 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

“I am a liar, yeah, I am a liar, yeah, I like it,
I feel good, ooooh I am a liar… yeah
I lie, I lie, I lie, ooh I lie, I lie, yeah,
Oooooh I’m a liar, I lie, yeah, I like it, I feel good,
I’ll lie again, and again, I’ll lie again and again and I’ll keep lying,
I promise… ha ha ha”

Wigglesworth on January 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM

The Douchenozzel speaks. Uhh gain.

Shuddup douchenozzel, shuddup already. We’ve heard it all before.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Oh, for crying outo loud.

This man will never be re-elected. The only choice we have at this point is Newt or Mitt.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM

so…that Obama’s a pretty stand up guy, eh?

DHChron on January 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Impeach ? Obama ?

Right.

If he gets reelected, he’s going to roll over any opposition with a steamroller with the DOJ at the ready. He’s already done it for 3 years.

Norquist better keep his head down if obama gets re-elected, that should be everyone’s plan. You might not think we live under a soft tyranny now, but we surely will under a second obama term.

cougar on January 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM

jim, I hope you don’t mind but I HAD to post this for everyone. jim says it all:

jim says:
January 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm

This is what happens when a little boy grows up with parents that don’t want him!

It is really easeier than you think to understand.

If liberals are unhappy than no one can be happy!

If a conservative sees a U.S. flag, his heart swells with pride. If a liberal sees a U.S. flag, he feels shame.

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy them. If a liberal doesn’t like guns, then no one else should have one either.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he won’t eat meat. If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat it. If a liberal see an enemy he wonders what he can do to appease him.

If a conservative is homosexual, he’ll quietly enjoy his life. If a liberal is homosexual, he’ll demand everyone get involved in his bedroom activities.

If a successful conservative is black or Hispanic, he’ll see himself as having succeeded on his own merits. Successful liberal minorities still claim “racism” and want government to give them even more.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to work to better his situation. A liberal wants someone else to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels. If a liberal doesn’t like a radio show, he demands that the station be shut down or censored.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he just doesn’t go to church. Non-believing liberals demand that everyone cease believing and demands churches be censored.

If a conservative needs health care, he shops for it, or chooses a job that provides it. Liberals demand that everyone else provide him with healthcare for free.

If a conservative sees a law, he thinks long and hard before suggesting a change. If a liberal sees a law he assumes it is just a suggestion and does what he wants anyway.

Conservatives feel there is a right and wrong. Liberals feel that nothing is really wrong… unless it is believed by a conservative.

Conservatives believe in freedom, responsibility, tradition, and self-reliance.
Liberals believe in license, government restrictions, upending tradition, and collectives.

sicoit on January 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Well shouldn’t King Putt be campaigning for god(allah) by now?

angrymike on January 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Geez, you can’t make this stuff up! The audacity of Mr. President is starting to rival that of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. I didn’t think that was possible, but there it is, in living color. I worry all the time that the man is insane. He gives us more reasons to believe that every day. Every. single. day. God help us.

scalleywag on January 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Obama will never be re-elected.

Key West Reader on January 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Boy, let’s hope not. I agree with a comment further up the thread that O’Bummer appears to be very close to a complete mental breakdown. In the two months that will pass between his defeat and the end of his term, I can see him becoming extremely destructive (even more than he has been so far) with executive orders, and the number of pardons he will grant will dwarf every past president.

Moose Drool on January 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM

“This isn’t about me.” He loves that line, doesn’t he? The egotist’s nod to humility.

On Obamacare: “This isn’t about me. This isn’t about politics. This is about a health care system that is breaking America’s families, breaking America’s businesses, and breaking America’s economy.” (His makes it incalculably worse, of course.)

On his Jobs Bill: “This isn’t about me. This isn’t about giving me a win. This isn’t about giving Democrats or Republicans a win. It’s not about positioning for the election.” (But if you luv him you gotta help him pass this bill. All those “gottas” and dropped g’s, the man was in full preacher mode that day.)

Whoever is the GOP candidate had better have one campaign objective in mind: to make the election about Obama. Because Obama’s campaign objective is to make it about the other guy:

“Don’t compare me to the Almighty. Compare me to the alternative.”

Who best to take Mr. Planet Healer’s own words and cram them back down his throat?

de rigueur on January 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM

unseen on January 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Then maybe Newt “right wing social engineering” Gingrich is not the best alternative either.

haner on January 28, 2012 at 6:39 PM

What’s with the tie dangling down at his crotch and his knees all spread apart?

MayBee on January 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

He was channeling his inner Bill Clinton, in his experience with the
Esquire Mag folks.