Palin: These cannibals in the GOP establishment are employing leftist tactics

posted at 8:25 pm on January 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

This should have been Gingrich’s message at the debate last night. Like I said in the preview thread, I thought it would be. He got a second look in South Carolina by venting resentment at Elites on the left (in the persons of Juan Williams and John King), so why not try for a third look in Florida by venting at Elites on the right in the persons of Ann Coulter and Matt Drudge, etc? Newt’s not an appealing enough candidate in his own right to overcome all of Romney’s money, organization, and Beltway support. I think he thinks he is — this is why he lets it all hang out on lunar bases, for example — but on the merits he’s probably a 25 percent candidate. The obvious way to build on that is to reframe the campaign as a grand expression of populist grievance against a diabolical machine. He made that point well enough yesterday while out on the stump, but when it came time for the big debate, … nothing. Probably too late now, but Palin’s going to do her best to drag him across the finish line:

But this whole thing isn’t really about Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney. It is about the GOP establishment vs. the Tea Party grassroots and independent Americans who are sick of the politics of personal destruction used now by both parties’ operatives with a complicit media egging it on. In fact, the establishment has been just as dismissive of Ron Paul and Rick Santorum. Newt is an imperfect vessel for Tea Party support, but in South Carolina the Tea Party chose to get behind him instead of the old guard’s choice. In response, the GOP establishment voices denounced South Carolinian voters with the same vitriol we usually see from the left when they spew hatred at everyday Americans “bitterly clinging” to their faith and their Second Amendment rights. The Tea Party was once again told to sit down and shut up and listen to the “wisdom” of their betters. We were reminded of the litany of Tea Party endorsed candidates in 2010 that didn’t win. Well, here’s a little newsflash to the establishment: without the Tea Party there would have been no historic 2010 victory at all.

I spoke up before the South Carolina primary to urge voters there to keep this primary going because I have great concern about the GOP establishment trying to anoint a candidate without the blessing of the grassroots and all the needed energy and resources we as commonsense constitutional conservatives could bring to the general election in order to defeat President Obama. Now, I respect Governor Romney and his success. But there are serious concerns about his record and whether as a politician he consistently applied conservative principles and how this impacts the agenda moving forward. The questions need answers now. That is why this primary should not be rushed to an end. We need to vet this. Pundits in the Beltway are gleefully proclaiming that this primary race is over after Florida, despite 46 states still not having chimed in. Well, perhaps it’s possible that it will come to a speedy end in just four days; but with these questions left unanswered, it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion. Without this necessary vetting process, the unanswered question of Governor Romney’s conservative bona fides and the unanswered and false attacks on Newt Gingrich will hang in the air to demoralize many in the electorate. The Tea Party grassroots will certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted with the perceived orchestrated outcome from self-proclaimed movers and shakers trying to sew this all up. And, trust me, during the general election, Governor Romney’s statements and record in the private sector will be relentlessly parsed over by the opposition in excruciating detail to frighten off swing voters. This is why we need a fair primary that is not prematurely cut short by the GOP establishment using Alinsky tactics to kneecap Governor Romney’s chief rival.

As I said in my speech in Iowa last September, the challenge of this election is not simply to replace President Obama. The real challenge is who and what we will replace him with. It’s not enough to just change up the uniform. If we don’t change the team and the game plan, we won’t save our country. We truly need sudden and relentless reform in Washington to defend our republic, though it’s becoming clearer that the old guard wants anything but that. That is why we should all be concerned by the tactics employed by the establishment this week. We will not save our country by becoming like the left. And I question whether the GOP establishment would ever employ the same harsh tactics they used on Newt against Obama. I didn’t see it in 2008. Many of these same characters sat on their thumbs in ‘08 and let Obama escape unvetted. Oddly, they’re now using every available microscope and endoscope – along with rewriting history – in attempts to character assassinate anyone challenging their chosen one in their own party’s primary. So, one must ask, who are they really running against?

Somewhere Philip Klein is marveling at the irony of Newt being the victim of Alinsky tactics. Follow the link up top for the full piece, including a summary of yesterday’s back and forth on Newt and Reagan. This is smart politics from Palin by any measure: Gingrich has fallen far enough behind Romney in Florida that no one expects a comeback now, especially after last night’s debate washout. If he does come back, she’ll get tons of credit for making this last-minute pitch for him. If he doesn’t, no one will blame her for not being able to work an eleventh-hour miracle. Meanwhile, this sets her up perfectly for her big CPAC speech a few weeks from now and then for the rest of the campaign as a populist foil for Romney if he’s the nominee. In theory Gingrich should play that role as the vanquished opponent, but Palin’s a much bigger draw and seems more willing than even Newt is to treat the race as a pure “establishment versus grassroots” death struggle. Imagine how eager the media will be to hear from her during the general when, not if, Romney starts to inch back towards the center to try to capture independents from Obama.

One question, though. Is it true that tea partiers will “certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted” if Romney’s establishment pals help him wrap this up early? I posted this Fox News data set the other day but let me post it again here:

Because tea partiers are the fiercest opponents on the right to a second Obama term, they’re also — so far — more willing than mainstream Republicans to hold their noses and vote for a candidate they don’t prefer. That could change as disgust with Romney grows, but watching the party’s nominee come under withering fire from the White House will work wonders, I bet, in grudgingly reconciling them to voting for Mitt. The only defense Romney’s gotten from the right through the entire primary thus far was when Gingrich started attacking him from the left on Bain. Imagine six months of that ramped up a thousandfold as part of the Democrats’ class-warfare strategy. It’ll be hard to look the other way.

On the other hand, the more this race transforms from “Gingrich vs. Romney” into “tea partiers vs. establishment,” the more bitter it’ll get and the deeper the schism inside the party will be in the fall. The irony of these primaries turning so hot is that Newt vs. Mitt is a match-up that leaves so many conservatives cold. On Twitter tonight, in fact, the boss emeritus is gently chiding Palin to remember that it’s not just Romney-bot “cannibals” who have been criticizing Gingrich. And when asked for comment about the race by the AP, Tea Party Patriots chief Mark Meckler said this:

It’s unclear whether the anti-Gingrich push is driving a new wedge between establishment Republicans and anti-establishment insurgents such as the tea partyers.

“We don’t like the Republican establishment anyway,” said Mark Meckler, a Californian and co-founder of Tea Party Patriots. He said tea partyers are heavily focused on state and local races, and are wary of getting drawn into the presidential quarrels.

After all, Meckler said, “it’s not as though Newt Gingrich hasn’t been part of the Republican establishment.”

Meckler seems to see the race as essentially a Hobson’s choice. Palin sort of does too when she says Newt is an “imperfect vessel” for tea-party support, but by casting Gingrich as the newest victim of lying gutless insiders, she’s necessarily framing his candidacy as a vehicle for true conservatives to slay the RINO establishment dragon. In fact, she’s right on the cusp of claiming that Romney’s nomination will be illegitimate if he wraps this up on Tuesday aided by the ferocious media criticism of Gingrich (“it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion”). If that’s the prevailing view among tea partiers, that Mitt cheated by being the beneficiary of Beltway collusion, that lingering bitterness will be a problem for him in the fall. Which would be ironic, since some sizable chunk of the people who are attacking Newt are doing it only because they’re terrified that he can’t beat Obama.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 19 20 21 22

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Now doesn’t that make you happy?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

That was great! Now I’m going to run out and buy a Springfield musket or Enfield! Anyone here cast minnie balls? (And this is no time for Obama at Disneyland jokes.)

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:39 AM

That’s the spirit. I am making a vodka.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I’m having a nice cold Newcastle brown ale.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Bmore should get #2,000.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:39 AM

2000

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

1998 now 1999

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Sarah Palin! Yeahhhh baby! You hear me Mr. Seven (war hero)? Hollowhead? Petrollia? You hear me fools? How ’bout you, Bradky-genius?

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

CLINK!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

It’s my understanding that only way we can beat Obama and Democrats is if we out-gay them so I suggest we nominate Gary Johnson b/c he seems kind of gay. Not kidn of gay, flaming gay.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Nice work. Later all.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I’m slow! (No wisecrack’s)

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good job all!! Goodnight

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:41 AM

You know what the nicest part of this was. Teamwork and Camaraderie and no Haters! I salute us! This is what it going to take come November my friends. Clink!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM

If Santorum were to come out of the closet and admit he’s gay and go hardcore gay rights activist, he’d probably be our nominee since most of our Republican pundits really dig the gay rights issue. Hell if he just goes participates in a gay parade, he’s got a good chance of being our nominee.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

LOL, dude, you stir all the pots! (Has Bmore hit his thread count yet?)

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I used to know this guy named Skip Church. Really.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:44 AM

2012 Good night and sweet dreams.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hey Look who showed up. Another helper. And a great American Palin supporter too.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I used to know this guy named Skip Church. Really.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Sounds like his parents were the cards to know.

So… is this like a personal best for Bmore?

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM

This deserves to be repeated for all to see.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

When does the next shift start. I want double time for hanging around.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:48 AM

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I’m just drunk. But I seriously get tired of those trolls.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Hello friend..You are a sight for sore eyes!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Thread Winner!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I’m just drunk. But I seriously get tired of those trolls.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I’m drinking a vodka. Ok those vile freaks you mentioned are seriously dysfunctional. They carry unbridled hatred around with them. That’s neither healthy nor normal.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Hello friend..You are a sight for sore eyes!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Hey!I’ll bet I missed a ton of million + comment Palin threads over the last 4 months.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Bradky actually makes cogent arguments, but those other three are complete dinks.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

There are many funny people here among the hoards of deranged cretins. I get tired of the mean people.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Hello friend..You are a sight for sore eyes!!..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Dire
Did you see what we can do? : ) I know its kinda stupid in some respects but go back a few pages and you’ll see why I’m going to sleep happy. Screw the haters! cozmo would be proud. Good night Dire. Did you like the tunes I left you? : )

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Rick Santorum is a tough man for dealing with his child. Sarah is courageous for dealing with her child and all the adversity thrown her way.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Yes I seen them.I am going to leave you this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Santorum’s got my vote Tuesday. But it’s off to bed for me.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM

So, I feel bad about it! Do I have to leave lobotomy4life alone?

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Santorum’s got my vote Tuesday. But it’s off to bed for me.

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Why wouldn’t Palin mention him?

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM

No you aren’t mean. lobotomy4life has said some crazy stuff— Crazier than the stuff I have said and I am no angel. So you can keep protecting the realm.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I am not wild about Newt but I don’t want the GOP machine to turn us into passive sheeple with Mitt.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Most times the bots and trolls stick around and crap all over the thread until it dies. And then there’s times like this.

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I had to leave for awhile, but I came back to get the last word.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 3:28 AM

2000 was a REALLY good year for soup, especially tomato soup, I’ve still got a couple cases in the basement!

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Sarah Palin belongs in the fight. She is the real enemy of the establishment.

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 4:59 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM,
She mentioned Santorum today. She likes Santorum but he doesn’t have a shot in Florida. A vote for Santorum in Florida is one less Romney needs. Sarah Palin is a hero of mine. It is clear she put a White House run on hold to raise her children and run her businesses.

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Sarah Palin is the greatest conservative in american politics today.

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM,
That would certainly get him David Frum’s vote.

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM

This one is for the Romneybots(Closet Obamadrones)

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Hey Cool, I think it has been quite decent of Palin to have kept off the air the last few months and allowed the field to winnow down by itself. I do suspect Sarah will throw a few elbows on Feb.11 and start driving things again.

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 5:30 AM

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 5:30 AM,

I hope so. She is too good to sit on the sidelines and every conservative knows it.

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Hey Cool, I suspect Mitt will NOT get enough of a % on Tuesday to run away from Newt and Rick. I suspect the Romney machine will double-down on their tactics, and THAT is the thing that will blow the nomination for Mitt.

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Bmore
Sorry I missed the hoopla, but was up all night fri, im newly engaged ya know. ;-) congrads on the 2000+!;-)

angrymike on January 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Another post and more projection from the closet from tesla.

V7_Sport on January 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM

So Palin on Fox says lets keep this going, if you’re in Florida vote Newt! Take that Mittens! The battle is not over yet.

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Another post and more projection from the closet from tesla.

V7_Sport on January 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I’m glad you’re not the only one to notice that Tesla is completely obsessed with gay issues and gay men. I’ll never forget when, during a debate about same-sex marriage, Tesla narrated a completely fictional story about being tied up and sexually assaulted at Clemnson by his gay roomate who was bigger and more muscular than him. When pressed about the truth of the story, Tesla admitted that he hadn’t been assaulted, but that he was “nervous” that it “could” have happen. I think it was more like he was dissapointed that it didn’t.

libfreeordie on January 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Sarah’s right. You have to ask yourself: “Who are they really running against?”

kingsjester on January 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Great work, guys! Way to roll over 2000! And here is your reward.

“Sarah Palin Urges Newt Vote in Florida, Says Gingrich Will ‘Clobber’ Obama”

saspepper on January 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I’m having a hard time understanding why conservatives who are so completely sick of their party trying to appease the left, are considering supporting a man whose sole political achievement was to be elected governor running as a Progressive.

Don’t you folks realize that political talk is cheap, and that you have to judge politicians by their performance?

Mitt Romney’s ACU rating as governor of Massachusetts was 55. That’s not nearly as bad as Obama, but it’s not conservative. It’s not even really right of center. Just because he’s selling himself as a conservative to win the nomination, do you really think he’s going to govern from the right, when the last time he did it, he governed from the center?

philwynk on January 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Oh, let me add: Newt Gingrich’s ACU rating while serving in the House was 90. Rick Santorum’s ACU rating while serving in the Senate was around 84.

philwynk on January 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I think Sarah Palin is heaven-sent!

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I think Sarah Palin is heaven-sent!

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Considering that you’re probably a Christian who believes God gave all humans life, how is Palin different than anyone else in that respect.

libfreeordie on January 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I heard that Mitt is outspending Newt by 4 to 1 in Florida. But he doesn’t have the Mama Grizzly on his side.

I’m praying that Newt pulls out a victory in Florida.

LAST!

Naturally Curly on January 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Stalin? Alinsky? Cannibals? Interesting terms for the GOP to use against the GOP. Don’t we have enough namecalling from the other side? Highlighted this week by the Democratic judge who pulled out the old “C” word … http://bit.ly/qVdDUt

ombdz on January 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Enjoyed your post Mr. AP…..good stuff.

lynncgb on January 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM

ombdz on January 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM

You are missing the point. If Mitt’s tema is acting talking and walking like dems you might as well use the proper adjectives to describe their methods. Team Mitt is not acting like a GOP team. they are acting just like the dems did during the 2008 election. Using the same tactics.

Shameful. dishonest smear tactics.

unseen on January 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I’m praying that Newt pulls out a victory in Florida.

LAST!

Naturally Curly on January 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I’ll be happy with it being close enough so that the primary contiues on. the more people see and hear from Mitt the more they dislike him.

unseen on January 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I think Sarah Palin is heaven-sent!

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

libfreeordie on January 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

God gave Sarah Palin gifts that she is sharing with all of us if we bother to listen and learn and then act! Why do you think liberals and so-called ‘establishment Republicans’ hate her so much?

Thank God for all humanity (including Sarah Palin)!

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I am praying for America and for Newt to win Florida!

Thank Sarah for being the voice of reason and truth!

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Wow, you people were on a mission last night…:)

Congrats!!!!

idesign on January 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM

unseen on January 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

That’s for sure! Mitt does not wear well.

Naturally Curly on January 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Sarah Palin’s defense of Newt is not new.

from “Going Rogue”…

…One of the left’s favorite weapons is frivolous ethics complaints. That’s what they used to bring down the architect of the 1994 “Republican Revolution”, Newt Gingrich.
Prior to the election of 1994, the Democrats had held a majority in the House of Representatives for nearly 4 decades. Working with a team of grassroots activists, Newt selected and trained candidates, shaped a political message, and became what [David] Horowitz called “something rare in Republican politics–a genuine movement leader.”
To the left, that meant one thing: he had to be eliminated. There are many fine Democrat public servants, but sadly many in the party have moved increasingly left, and often the beating heart of their political warfare had been the personal distruction of their enemies. Generally speaking, after decades of failed social policies and weak national security positions, the party doesn’t have a strong base of success from which to win political arguments. So it targets people instead of ideas.
Back in the 1990s, Democrats had Newt in their sights. And strangely enough, the more influential he became, the more “unethical” he became–at least if you count the number of complaints filed against him. Horowitz wrote, “Eventually, Democrats lodged seventy-four separate charges against Gingrich, sixty-five were summarily ‘laughed out the committee’.
Over time the cloud of ethical questions hanging over Newt reached critical mass. Instead of defending their own, Republicans on certain committees forced Newt to concede one charge.
-Governor Palin in Going Rogue (page 363-364) (emphasis added)

idesign on January 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

It would appear that the other posters I had wanted to see this, stayed at it until the “wee hours of the morning”, and as such are not available just now.
This is my first post on this thread, about #15 I think.

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY . . . . . . another Sarah thread.
How HIGH (# posts) can we go?
listens2glenn on January 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

They’ll find it eventually.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Congrats, guys and gals of Hot Air!

Fallon on January 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Over 2,000 comments.

Pretty good for someone who’s “irrelevant”.

kingsjester on January 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

They don’t hate her. She is an embarrassment to the GOP and now she is embarrassing the TEA Party. She fought against corruption in Alaska and now she endorses the only candidate in the race with a proven and admitted history of adultery, lying, corruption, progressive ideas, and extremely erratic behavior. Everyone can understand her support of erratic behavior because she is a disorganized thinker herself. But the rest of it? Good gravy Sarah! We used to be able to support you, but now you have permanently destroyed any credibility you had.

It is a sad day for the TEA Party. A very sad day.

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That’s for sure! Mitt does not wear well.

Naturally Curly on January 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Which candidate does?

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I think Sarah Palin is heaven-sent!
Pragmatic on January 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM

libfreeordie on January 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Here we go again, invoking God. It wouldn’t be a ‘complete’ Sarah thread without mentioning God.
God God God God God. There’s no ‘life’ without God. There’s no ANYTHING without God.
You Christians act like God is the ‘center’ of ALL EXISTENCE!

Wait a minute . . . . . . did that come out right? While I ponder that, ya’ll go back to arguing about God.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Okay, how do you know this?

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Bmore

angrymike on January 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Congratulations to you on being engaged. Got a date yet? You were with us in spirit, same as being there.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Yes I seen them.I am going to leave you this one..:)

Dire Straits on January 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Dire
Very nice to wake up to. You still owe me acouple. : )

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM

acouple=a couple more coffee please.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It is a sad day for the TEA Party. A very sad day.

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Sad to watch an Establishment pimp like yourself speak in the imperial “we”, as if Movement conservatives back you up, while assuming that it’s Palin’s duty to fall in line behind the Father Of Obamacare, Mitt Romney.

Jesus, are you always this dumb?

People don’t give a rat’s a$$ about the adultery. They care about what happens to their wallets.

victor82 on January 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

victor82 on January 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I do–it’s a matter of trustworthiness. It’s fine if you don’t consider it, but that doesn’t mean “people” won’t.

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

It is a sad day for the TEA Party. A very sad day.

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quite the contrary, any day that Sarah continues to live Rent Free, is a happy day. We are very happy here at Tea Party headquarters.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Going for 3,000?

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Going for 3,000?
KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Why not? ! !

That’ll really put Sarah’s “I R R E L E V A N C E” on display. : )

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Then you better hope and pray the “people” don’t apply that same standard to the liar and fraud, Mitt Romney. He’s a little light on the “trustworthiness” cred.

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM

But as a FIRM ‘Palinista’, I most certainly will vote for Mitt in the General IF he’s nominated.

listens2glenn on January 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I thought you folks had principals. Fooled me twice now.
Sorry, I once believed y’all.

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on January 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

victor82 on January 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I must be a SUPER ECCENTRIC, because I believe the two are CONNECTED.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM

listens2glenn on January 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I thought you folks had principals. Fooled me twice now.
Sorry, I once believed y’all.
~(Ä)~
Karl Magnus on January 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Okay, how do you know this?

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I was going in and out of threads, instead of refreshing…and it gives you the count of comments.

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM

John Ziegler makes some interesting points about Palin in his latest article:

If Romney beats Obama she is immediately irrelevant. Her entire purpose at this point is to throw bombs at a liberal President with whom she is obviously linked through her 2008 VP run. Not only would there be no one left in power for her to be the brunette Ann Coulter against, but her chapter of American history also becomes instantly ancient.

Even worse than that, unless she decides to go completely rogue and humiliate herself by being Romney’s primary opponent in 2016, she would have no, even theoretical, next political act until 2020 at the very earliest. That will not be nearly enough to sustain her career as a commentator/speaker/author at anything near its current levels.

So the only logical explanation for Palin’s bizarre “endorsement” of Gingrich is that she knows that he can’t win and that she is using him to create this false narrative of an evil “establishment” keeping the noble Tea Party down (explain to me again how Newt is remotely “Tea Party”?), like they somehow did in those Palin-induced Senate losses in Delaware and Nevada in 2010.

bluegill on January 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

bluegill on January 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Do you get paid per post?

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Going for 3,000?

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I don’t know, the gilled one is spending most of her time at the Rasmussen in FL poll thread. Without her fluffing for Romney over here, 3000 may be doomed. Might need some fresh bait. Lets see try this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yyfobZQUNY&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL6DF8BBC89BF74037 I know I used it once before with not much luck but lets try one more time.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Why should I hope and pray that?

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

bluegill on January 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Do you get paid per post?
KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

: )

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Just wanted to take a moment here and throw you folks a Hat Tip.

Main cast of characters:

Pork-Chop
msmveritas
The Rogue Tomato
bluefox

In spirit with us:

angrymike

It may be a motley crew, but it is a crew I stand proud of and with. You will always have my deepest heartfelt gratitude.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

One more thing:

We are not Irrelevant!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM

victor82 on January 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Yes, people do care about the serial adultery. And the constant lying. And the corruption. And the support for progressive ideas. And the extremely erratic behavior.

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Why should I hope and pray that?

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Aha! The plot thickens! Then you do want Romney to be held to some standard of moral accountability. Now we’re getting somewhere.

Since we apparently agree that the candidates should be judged on the basis of their ethical behavior, what would moral lapses would you consider to be “deal breakers” in a Presidential candidate?

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Why should I hope and pray that?
DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Because if the people do apply the same “yardstick” of character measure to Mitt as you’re applying to Newt, then Mitt’s not getting anywhere, either.

That settles it. It’s all Santorum’s from here.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Patrick has a new poll up. I’m making ALL my votes for Newt and Sarah!

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 3:53 PM

csdeven on January 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

He he he.

You have so much to learn about Captain Cayman Islands, don’t you?

This isn’t about Newton Leroy. He’s actually turned that page in his life.

Romney is the same old opportunistic swine he’s always been. And trust me, the Obama people have had the IRS and Justice go through everything they have on Romney.

Wait until the Obamist Public Interest lawsuits against Bain come in October. You won’t be the only one crying in your beer.

Silly Mittbots. You have no idea what you are up against.

There’s a very good reason Palin doesn’t want Romney nominated. However, the GOP is the Stupid Party, and is up for another one of its quadrennial beatings again.

victor82 on January 29, 2012 at 4:50 PM

How are the attack chimps for RahmMoney behaving today?

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM