Palin: These cannibals in the GOP establishment are employing leftist tactics

posted at 8:25 pm on January 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

This should have been Gingrich’s message at the debate last night. Like I said in the preview thread, I thought it would be. He got a second look in South Carolina by venting resentment at Elites on the left (in the persons of Juan Williams and John King), so why not try for a third look in Florida by venting at Elites on the right in the persons of Ann Coulter and Matt Drudge, etc? Newt’s not an appealing enough candidate in his own right to overcome all of Romney’s money, organization, and Beltway support. I think he thinks he is — this is why he lets it all hang out on lunar bases, for example — but on the merits he’s probably a 25 percent candidate. The obvious way to build on that is to reframe the campaign as a grand expression of populist grievance against a diabolical machine. He made that point well enough yesterday while out on the stump, but when it came time for the big debate, … nothing. Probably too late now, but Palin’s going to do her best to drag him across the finish line:

But this whole thing isn’t really about Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney. It is about the GOP establishment vs. the Tea Party grassroots and independent Americans who are sick of the politics of personal destruction used now by both parties’ operatives with a complicit media egging it on. In fact, the establishment has been just as dismissive of Ron Paul and Rick Santorum. Newt is an imperfect vessel for Tea Party support, but in South Carolina the Tea Party chose to get behind him instead of the old guard’s choice. In response, the GOP establishment voices denounced South Carolinian voters with the same vitriol we usually see from the left when they spew hatred at everyday Americans “bitterly clinging” to their faith and their Second Amendment rights. The Tea Party was once again told to sit down and shut up and listen to the “wisdom” of their betters. We were reminded of the litany of Tea Party endorsed candidates in 2010 that didn’t win. Well, here’s a little newsflash to the establishment: without the Tea Party there would have been no historic 2010 victory at all.

I spoke up before the South Carolina primary to urge voters there to keep this primary going because I have great concern about the GOP establishment trying to anoint a candidate without the blessing of the grassroots and all the needed energy and resources we as commonsense constitutional conservatives could bring to the general election in order to defeat President Obama. Now, I respect Governor Romney and his success. But there are serious concerns about his record and whether as a politician he consistently applied conservative principles and how this impacts the agenda moving forward. The questions need answers now. That is why this primary should not be rushed to an end. We need to vet this. Pundits in the Beltway are gleefully proclaiming that this primary race is over after Florida, despite 46 states still not having chimed in. Well, perhaps it’s possible that it will come to a speedy end in just four days; but with these questions left unanswered, it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion. Without this necessary vetting process, the unanswered question of Governor Romney’s conservative bona fides and the unanswered and false attacks on Newt Gingrich will hang in the air to demoralize many in the electorate. The Tea Party grassroots will certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted with the perceived orchestrated outcome from self-proclaimed movers and shakers trying to sew this all up. And, trust me, during the general election, Governor Romney’s statements and record in the private sector will be relentlessly parsed over by the opposition in excruciating detail to frighten off swing voters. This is why we need a fair primary that is not prematurely cut short by the GOP establishment using Alinsky tactics to kneecap Governor Romney’s chief rival.

As I said in my speech in Iowa last September, the challenge of this election is not simply to replace President Obama. The real challenge is who and what we will replace him with. It’s not enough to just change up the uniform. If we don’t change the team and the game plan, we won’t save our country. We truly need sudden and relentless reform in Washington to defend our republic, though it’s becoming clearer that the old guard wants anything but that. That is why we should all be concerned by the tactics employed by the establishment this week. We will not save our country by becoming like the left. And I question whether the GOP establishment would ever employ the same harsh tactics they used on Newt against Obama. I didn’t see it in 2008. Many of these same characters sat on their thumbs in ‘08 and let Obama escape unvetted. Oddly, they’re now using every available microscope and endoscope – along with rewriting history – in attempts to character assassinate anyone challenging their chosen one in their own party’s primary. So, one must ask, who are they really running against?

Somewhere Philip Klein is marveling at the irony of Newt being the victim of Alinsky tactics. Follow the link up top for the full piece, including a summary of yesterday’s back and forth on Newt and Reagan. This is smart politics from Palin by any measure: Gingrich has fallen far enough behind Romney in Florida that no one expects a comeback now, especially after last night’s debate washout. If he does come back, she’ll get tons of credit for making this last-minute pitch for him. If he doesn’t, no one will blame her for not being able to work an eleventh-hour miracle. Meanwhile, this sets her up perfectly for her big CPAC speech a few weeks from now and then for the rest of the campaign as a populist foil for Romney if he’s the nominee. In theory Gingrich should play that role as the vanquished opponent, but Palin’s a much bigger draw and seems more willing than even Newt is to treat the race as a pure “establishment versus grassroots” death struggle. Imagine how eager the media will be to hear from her during the general when, not if, Romney starts to inch back towards the center to try to capture independents from Obama.

One question, though. Is it true that tea partiers will “certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted” if Romney’s establishment pals help him wrap this up early? I posted this Fox News data set the other day but let me post it again here:

Because tea partiers are the fiercest opponents on the right to a second Obama term, they’re also — so far — more willing than mainstream Republicans to hold their noses and vote for a candidate they don’t prefer. That could change as disgust with Romney grows, but watching the party’s nominee come under withering fire from the White House will work wonders, I bet, in grudgingly reconciling them to voting for Mitt. The only defense Romney’s gotten from the right through the entire primary thus far was when Gingrich started attacking him from the left on Bain. Imagine six months of that ramped up a thousandfold as part of the Democrats’ class-warfare strategy. It’ll be hard to look the other way.

On the other hand, the more this race transforms from “Gingrich vs. Romney” into “tea partiers vs. establishment,” the more bitter it’ll get and the deeper the schism inside the party will be in the fall. The irony of these primaries turning so hot is that Newt vs. Mitt is a match-up that leaves so many conservatives cold. On Twitter tonight, in fact, the boss emeritus is gently chiding Palin to remember that it’s not just Romney-bot “cannibals” who have been criticizing Gingrich. And when asked for comment about the race by the AP, Tea Party Patriots chief Mark Meckler said this:

It’s unclear whether the anti-Gingrich push is driving a new wedge between establishment Republicans and anti-establishment insurgents such as the tea partyers.

“We don’t like the Republican establishment anyway,” said Mark Meckler, a Californian and co-founder of Tea Party Patriots. He said tea partyers are heavily focused on state and local races, and are wary of getting drawn into the presidential quarrels.

After all, Meckler said, “it’s not as though Newt Gingrich hasn’t been part of the Republican establishment.”

Meckler seems to see the race as essentially a Hobson’s choice. Palin sort of does too when she says Newt is an “imperfect vessel” for tea-party support, but by casting Gingrich as the newest victim of lying gutless insiders, she’s necessarily framing his candidacy as a vehicle for true conservatives to slay the RINO establishment dragon. In fact, she’s right on the cusp of claiming that Romney’s nomination will be illegitimate if he wraps this up on Tuesday aided by the ferocious media criticism of Gingrich (“it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion”). If that’s the prevailing view among tea partiers, that Mitt cheated by being the beneficiary of Beltway collusion, that lingering bitterness will be a problem for him in the fall. Which would be ironic, since some sizable chunk of the people who are attacking Newt are doing it only because they’re terrified that he can’t beat Obama.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 18 19 20 21 22

1,898 Comments »

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Romney takes Florida an Nevada. We’ll see who drops out next.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Katy the mean old Lady begs to differ.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

There is not going to be one thing that Romney can fight Obama on and win. Point by point by point, Obama and the media will destroy every single attack Romney tries to lodge. Because Romney has already proven that he is just exactly like Obama!

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Yep. How can a guy living in a glass house throw stones? You stated it quite well. I may turn traitor and go with Mitt if Newt keeps goofing up. I just want Newt to see this comment and maybe he will get serious again.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM

#1890 saying hello. Any way you can count the thread hits inside the thread?

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

You are one of the good ones. This will not be forgotten I promise.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM

1903

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Till now, all I’d done was watch college b’ball today.

Now, I feel like I’ve accomplished something. You guys are alright.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

1,898 Comments »

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

You were 1900 dude. Only 100 more to go to complete the Bmore 2k project.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I am ok with the planning and mental prep, but it goes against my grain when the “sky is falling” type pundits get pliable people to spend money they shouldn’t be spending on stuff of advertisers, etc. Y2K brought that home to me.
DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I see your point there, and ‘touche’.

I can honestly say I hope my own sense of ‘impending conflict’ is WRONG. But there just keeps on being too many ‘dead canaries in-the-mine’, that would indicate otherwise.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I really wish Palin would have run this year. But I still like Newt enough, I think I will get some yard signs and put them up in my predominately government assistance loving neighborhood. But I never put stickers on my cars…

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Welcome, link to your hearts desire.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM

We may have to drag Bmore over the finish line, like Palin and Newty.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Ok, *shakes head to keep self awake* this thread had Palin in it right? Hmmm, so Alaska, beautiful state. My mom was born in Fairbanks, she and her mom and dad homesteaded up there.

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Nope, my linkies are not working. Bleh.

Anyone know why blogtownhall stopped allowing me to post there? See my signature. Did they kill off the whole thing, or just my account??

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bishop!

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Romeybots still crazy!

CoolChange80 on January 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I hope so too glenn :-)

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

How we doing John?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM

About a year ago my daughter was at my parents’ house and I got there to pick her up while they were eating. I thought her tomato soup looked kind of dark, so I asked what it was, and they said “tomato soup”. I went and dug the can out of the trash, and guess what? They were feeding my child Y2K soup! It was older than she was.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM

You mean when you bring up a link and copy and then try to paste it in here it doesn’t stick?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I really wish Palin would have run this year.
astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Welcome, link to your hearts desire.
Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I’m not totally convinced it’s out of the question, YET.

But I don’t want anyone thinking I’m waiting with ‘baited breath’, either.

This primary just doesn’t seem “right”, till now. Don’t ask me to explain it any further that that, that’s all I can tell you, from my ‘gut’.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

It didn’t make her ill did it?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I like soup.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

So this is where everybody is at!
I’ll have to start scrolling and see if mommy let the bib stay up past its bedtime.

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Are we talking about insurrection in the streets or the crack-up of the Republican Party, because I think the latter is a real possibility.

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

How we doing John?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Doing well. Like your music posts, keep up the good work!

On posting at HA: if it involves a brand name of any sort, it gets filtered. I think things have mellowed on revolooshin.

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Well, We can attack Obama on Obamacare! Um, Romney, you authored the blueprint for Obamacare. Every aspect of it from must issue, mandate or tax fine, state exchanges, using medicare dollars to support it, to it driving deficit spending for your state for as far as the eye can see. http://tinyurl.com/7bm7cvz

Well, we can attack Obama on Jobs! 47th our 50 in the nation in job creation. Romney did not help Massachusetts create any jobs, and how can he claim to have done so when his argument is that 85% of the legislature is Democrat, something he knew going in? http://tinyurl.com/6v9zthu

Well, Obama has been the least transparent administration in history, we can certainly attack him on that! Romney Suggests He Destroyed Emails To Hid Them From ‘Opposition Research’ He essentially bought the hard drives from his government computers and destroyed the data. Date created using tax payer dollars doing tax payers work on tax payers computers and he thinks he has a right to that information? http://tinyurl.com/6onm43q

Well, what about energy, we can obviously attack Obama on energy! Well, like Obama on the pipeline, Romney allowed the environmentalists talk him out of allowing energy production in his own state, shutting down the Cape Wind Project. He call for carbon sequestration, implemented the first in the nation cap and trade program, called coal power generation plants people killers. Going to be hard to differentiate between Obama and Romney here. http://tinyurl.com/82u6bc7

Romney will appoint better judges than Obama! Dream on. Romney prides himself on creating the first in the nation political free nomination process, something he was not required to do, and ended up appointing only 9 out of 36 judgeship’s to Republicans. 23 went to out right democrats or their supporters and 4 did not show any political activities. He might not pick out and out progressives, but he most certainly seems to be willing to appoint closet progressives such as David H. Souter. http://tinyurl.com/86pmfjd

Well, we can attack him on the Auto Bailouts. Yeah, that will work out swell! http://tinyurl.com/7th8hcz

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

There we go

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Guess there is a limit on how many links. Might be 3

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM

My wife’s back from ’2nd shift’, and would like me to join her in bed.

THAT MEANS SLEEP, AND NOTHING ELSE.

G’nite.

:O
See? Look at that ‘yawn’.

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I like soup.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

This has to be one of the best comments I’ve ever seen here. And I’m serious.

Just caught The Artist tonight. Highly recommended. Great little film.

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I think both are possible. Soros will not allow Obama to go down without getting his 99% of well paid poor people to do something…

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

It didn’t make her ill did it?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM

No, but she hadn’t eaten much of it before I got there. You would think you could trust your own parents- LOL

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Did Reagan ever get 2,000 comments on a thread? No.

Take that, Mittbots.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:06 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Sarah did say an unconventional primary season. I don’t know what that means. I happen to really dig the cut of her jib. But when she didn’t get in I went with Cain. Now we are down to these four. I haven’t determined who I’ll go with yet. Of course being here I don’t vote until Super Tuesday. I might actually have a say in it this year, but its not looking good. My biggest disappointment has been in a year where 0 is so beatable this is what has happened. Its just remarkable. I’m not a big party guy when it comes down to both of the party’s sucking so badly.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:07 AM

They were feeding my child Y2K soup! It was older than she was.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Oh man, that is awful. Hope she didn’t suffer any ill effects!

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I like soup.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Are you trying to start a food fight with the people who hate soup? (:

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

yeah, but depending on their age, I mean hell when I was coming up we didn’t even have seat belts…..oh …..wait that explains a lot./

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I’m humbled Libertarian, I really am.

Hope I haven’t set my personal bar too high.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I think things have mellowed on revolooshin.

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I just got away with “insurrection,” but pretty certain an earlier comment on the Lincoln-Douglas debate thread was blocked for a reference to the usual name for “the late unpleasantness” of 1861-1865. Then I remembered there’s a user name “CW,” whom the filter obviously allows, so I re-posted my comment using “CW” for… that Ken Burns… war…

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I like soup.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Do you like Y2K soup?

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Soup is normally good, especially this time of year. I’m not big on gazpacho. Soup just dosn’t seem right cold. Old fashioned I guess.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

So you’re saying we should nominate Romney to prevent civil unrest :)

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

That’s hilarious. I just say I’ve got a brand new pitchfork. Seems to get by the auto-censor.

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

listens2glenn on January 29, 2012 at 2:05 AM

You’re a good man. Thanks. I go for a baby bump though ; )

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I=I’d

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:14 AM

So you’re saying we should nominate Romney to prevent civil unrest :)

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I would rather the rather unpleasant business that will happen anyways happen sooner than later. I got myself my first home defense weapon just recently, kind of a Christmas present.

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I make rice and spinach soup with my rice cooker.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

You’re kidding right? Civil War. I mean I had a problem with witches t_ts once, but Civil War?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Hold it that went thru what am I misunderstanding here?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Are you trying to start a food fight with the people who hate soup? (:

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Really. If all the other people hate soup, will you commit to hating soup too, or are you not a real conservative?

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

John the Libertarian on January 29, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I’ve much to learn. Is there a list of forbidden words? And sock-puppets! Who are whose sock puppets? Some of the posts are so self-parodying that I’m convinced someone is having entirely too much fun, then read further and really start to worry…

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

1951 and I got to go to bed. Starting to feel a migraine onset.

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Palin can no longer be trusted on moral issues after this blatantly hypocritical endorsement of Newt. She fancies herself a moral crusader, and then supports a multiple repeat offending adulterer.

scotash on January 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I don’t know what a moby is.

There, I said it.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Well I, we tried. I will always be indebted to those that helped. I will never snark or needlessly argue with you. We may not have made it to 2000 but we have made a difference. You are my friends. Thanks and sleep well.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Well, if the soup is having an affair with the crackers….

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM

No! And that’s the only change I made in the post. Obviously they like you better. And the only reason I’m getting away with it now is because I’m quoting you and they like you better.

Anyway, why aren’t you calling it The War of Northern Aggression?

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Nite, astoneriinn

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

That’s a tough call. Does the MSM hate soup? What about Al Gore and Barry? Are you pro-soup or anti-soup; or a soup Nazi?

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I see Obamacare/RomneyCaare big government healthcare takeovers as a moral issue.

Maybe Palin does too.

The people who want to turn this election into a referendum on Gingrich’s adultery need to be drummed out of the GOP. This isn’t what voters care about.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Thanks, Bmore. I knew I didn’t like ‘em. Just wasn’t sure why.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Well I am certain, Mitt loves FRENCH onion soup

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

We need to do some house cleaning in the GOP. The people need to be heard not the media and the pundits.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Dr. Tesla is here. We’re gonna make it.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Dr. Tesla is here. We’re gonna make it.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Yowsers!!!!

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM

astonerii on January 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Wishing the same thing!
I don’t do bumper stickers anymore on my cars-since during a Presidential and one Governor’s race, my newly leased cars were keyed from headlight to tail-light.
I am like juvenile right now though, but not destructive! I carry a Sharpie with me at all times. When I see an old Obama sticker on a bumper-if the opportunity arises-it then has very clearly on it- “I’M STUPID”
This morning, I got a red Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker at work with
“BRAIN DEAD-7 YEARS” I thought I was seeing things!
What’s sick…is that I get a lot of glee out of this! I’m in my 50′s…I shouldn’t be doing this!

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:26 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Try typing the same thing in now. Short version will do.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM

For all his attacks on Gingrich for “influence peddling”, Romney has basically bought out most of the Republican media including a large donation to National Review’s “Institute”. It not surprising they endorsed in 2008 and this year. It’s not surprising that Drudge is running cherrypicked Newt’s quotes given to him by his buddy in the Romney campaign.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:28 AM

It seems that most of the punditry class is fixated on making money while us poor saps slog it out trying to resist whatever direction they try to steer us for their own well-being.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I never thought I’d say this, but Thanks Dr.!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

How about those gay people that hate Santorum?

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

One of the biggest Republican supporters of Romney is Jennifer Rubin of the Washington Post, who supported John Kerry in 2004, which wasn’t that long ago. An ex-Kerry supporter is a Romney SuperFan for a reason. And we know at that reason is. He’s a liberal (don’t tell anybody).

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

The NYT was shilling for Mitt which is just another instance of manipulation. Thank god for the internet where we can point out their sleezy practices and run them out of business.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Soup? We are all mandated to love PEA SOUP!
JugEars said!

KOOLAID2 on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I never thought I’d say this, but Thanks Dr.!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

You are welcome, now go doctor my tea while I discuss politics and women with the guys. K?

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

How about those gay people that hate Santorum?

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Maybe they will cut him some slack because of his child. On second thought maybe not. What did he do anyway?

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:28 AM

It came as a shock to me that he owns a stake in Clear Channel.

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Jenny Rubin sold out to the machine.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Maybe Palin does too.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I think Palin says exactly what she means. If she were in SC she’d have voted for Gingrich. Witnessing what certainly looked like a coordinated Gingrich pile-on (I mean, who had to go wake up Bob Dole?), she asked for even-handedness. I’m sure she doesn’t like Romneycare any more than Obamacare, but I think her principal interest is to defeat Obama. Which means not handing a GOP nominee over to his loving ministrations in February. The race continues only if Gingrich remains in it. The outcome… well, if it’s months a way, a lot can happen and a determination of the proper nominee can be made then.

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Guys, gals you’re gonna be so pissed at me, I have got to turn in. I promise I’ll be back ASAP. Its been great doing business with ya. See you tomorrow.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

It takes a great man for great things to happen.

You don’t have to thank me. I would have done it anyways. That’s what makes me a conservative badazz.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:32 AM

We have to defeat the media before we can get any traction beating the donks and the rinos in our own party.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Spoken like a true Cain supporter!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

We’re close Bmore, We will get you there ;-)

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Seriously, the crap about his lost child was awful.

If Santy would’ve won SC, he’d be getting the Newt treatment now. Theyd eat him alive.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:33 AM

It’s my understanding Santy compared homosexuality to beastiality (spellcheck please) in his book.

That’s what’s got Ace and Gary all fired up out there.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

When you wake up we will have solved all the worlds problems and you will be indebted to our efforts.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Ok, Does anyone know if Cain really endorsed Newt?

bluefox on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Try typing the same thing in now. Short version will do.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM

testing, ready, set, go!

Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War Civil War

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

1988 Screw it I’m staying!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM

We’ll make it.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM

de rigueur on January 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Now doesn’t that make you happy?

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Ok it was the bestiality thing. Didn’t know he said that. I am sure he got pounded for that one. That’s very politically incorrect.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

What did he do anyway?

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I not exactly sure what he did, but he got a super duper gay activist named Dan Savage angry about something and Savage came up with the stuff that hit the internet searches. Maybe Santorum made a speech against gays and marriage? Don’t know.

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

1988 Screw it I’m staying!

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM

That’s the spirit. I am making a vodka.

SparkPlug on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

This is worth it. I can sleep in church.

TitularHead on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM

If Santorum were to come out of the closet and admit he’s gay and go hardcore gay rights activist, he’d probably be our nominee since most of our Republican pundits really dig the gay rights issue. Hell if he just goes participates in a gay parade, he’s got a good chance of being our nominee.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 2:37 AM