Palin: These cannibals in the GOP establishment are employing leftist tactics

posted at 8:25 pm on January 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

This should have been Gingrich’s message at the debate last night. Like I said in the preview thread, I thought it would be. He got a second look in South Carolina by venting resentment at Elites on the left (in the persons of Juan Williams and John King), so why not try for a third look in Florida by venting at Elites on the right in the persons of Ann Coulter and Matt Drudge, etc? Newt’s not an appealing enough candidate in his own right to overcome all of Romney’s money, organization, and Beltway support. I think he thinks he is — this is why he lets it all hang out on lunar bases, for example — but on the merits he’s probably a 25 percent candidate. The obvious way to build on that is to reframe the campaign as a grand expression of populist grievance against a diabolical machine. He made that point well enough yesterday while out on the stump, but when it came time for the big debate, … nothing. Probably too late now, but Palin’s going to do her best to drag him across the finish line:

But this whole thing isn’t really about Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney. It is about the GOP establishment vs. the Tea Party grassroots and independent Americans who are sick of the politics of personal destruction used now by both parties’ operatives with a complicit media egging it on. In fact, the establishment has been just as dismissive of Ron Paul and Rick Santorum. Newt is an imperfect vessel for Tea Party support, but in South Carolina the Tea Party chose to get behind him instead of the old guard’s choice. In response, the GOP establishment voices denounced South Carolinian voters with the same vitriol we usually see from the left when they spew hatred at everyday Americans “bitterly clinging” to their faith and their Second Amendment rights. The Tea Party was once again told to sit down and shut up and listen to the “wisdom” of their betters. We were reminded of the litany of Tea Party endorsed candidates in 2010 that didn’t win. Well, here’s a little newsflash to the establishment: without the Tea Party there would have been no historic 2010 victory at all.

I spoke up before the South Carolina primary to urge voters there to keep this primary going because I have great concern about the GOP establishment trying to anoint a candidate without the blessing of the grassroots and all the needed energy and resources we as commonsense constitutional conservatives could bring to the general election in order to defeat President Obama. Now, I respect Governor Romney and his success. But there are serious concerns about his record and whether as a politician he consistently applied conservative principles and how this impacts the agenda moving forward. The questions need answers now. That is why this primary should not be rushed to an end. We need to vet this. Pundits in the Beltway are gleefully proclaiming that this primary race is over after Florida, despite 46 states still not having chimed in. Well, perhaps it’s possible that it will come to a speedy end in just four days; but with these questions left unanswered, it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion. Without this necessary vetting process, the unanswered question of Governor Romney’s conservative bona fides and the unanswered and false attacks on Newt Gingrich will hang in the air to demoralize many in the electorate. The Tea Party grassroots will certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted with the perceived orchestrated outcome from self-proclaimed movers and shakers trying to sew this all up. And, trust me, during the general election, Governor Romney’s statements and record in the private sector will be relentlessly parsed over by the opposition in excruciating detail to frighten off swing voters. This is why we need a fair primary that is not prematurely cut short by the GOP establishment using Alinsky tactics to kneecap Governor Romney’s chief rival.

As I said in my speech in Iowa last September, the challenge of this election is not simply to replace President Obama. The real challenge is who and what we will replace him with. It’s not enough to just change up the uniform. If we don’t change the team and the game plan, we won’t save our country. We truly need sudden and relentless reform in Washington to defend our republic, though it’s becoming clearer that the old guard wants anything but that. That is why we should all be concerned by the tactics employed by the establishment this week. We will not save our country by becoming like the left. And I question whether the GOP establishment would ever employ the same harsh tactics they used on Newt against Obama. I didn’t see it in 2008. Many of these same characters sat on their thumbs in ‘08 and let Obama escape unvetted. Oddly, they’re now using every available microscope and endoscope – along with rewriting history – in attempts to character assassinate anyone challenging their chosen one in their own party’s primary. So, one must ask, who are they really running against?

Somewhere Philip Klein is marveling at the irony of Newt being the victim of Alinsky tactics. Follow the link up top for the full piece, including a summary of yesterday’s back and forth on Newt and Reagan. This is smart politics from Palin by any measure: Gingrich has fallen far enough behind Romney in Florida that no one expects a comeback now, especially after last night’s debate washout. If he does come back, she’ll get tons of credit for making this last-minute pitch for him. If he doesn’t, no one will blame her for not being able to work an eleventh-hour miracle. Meanwhile, this sets her up perfectly for her big CPAC speech a few weeks from now and then for the rest of the campaign as a populist foil for Romney if he’s the nominee. In theory Gingrich should play that role as the vanquished opponent, but Palin’s a much bigger draw and seems more willing than even Newt is to treat the race as a pure “establishment versus grassroots” death struggle. Imagine how eager the media will be to hear from her during the general when, not if, Romney starts to inch back towards the center to try to capture independents from Obama.

One question, though. Is it true that tea partiers will “certainly feel disenfranchised and disenchanted” if Romney’s establishment pals help him wrap this up early? I posted this Fox News data set the other day but let me post it again here:

Because tea partiers are the fiercest opponents on the right to a second Obama term, they’re also — so far — more willing than mainstream Republicans to hold their noses and vote for a candidate they don’t prefer. That could change as disgust with Romney grows, but watching the party’s nominee come under withering fire from the White House will work wonders, I bet, in grudgingly reconciling them to voting for Mitt. The only defense Romney’s gotten from the right through the entire primary thus far was when Gingrich started attacking him from the left on Bain. Imagine six months of that ramped up a thousandfold as part of the Democrats’ class-warfare strategy. It’ll be hard to look the other way.

On the other hand, the more this race transforms from “Gingrich vs. Romney” into “tea partiers vs. establishment,” the more bitter it’ll get and the deeper the schism inside the party will be in the fall. The irony of these primaries turning so hot is that Newt vs. Mitt is a match-up that leaves so many conservatives cold. On Twitter tonight, in fact, the boss emeritus is gently chiding Palin to remember that it’s not just Romney-bot “cannibals” who have been criticizing Gingrich. And when asked for comment about the race by the AP, Tea Party Patriots chief Mark Meckler said this:

It’s unclear whether the anti-Gingrich push is driving a new wedge between establishment Republicans and anti-establishment insurgents such as the tea partyers.

“We don’t like the Republican establishment anyway,” said Mark Meckler, a Californian and co-founder of Tea Party Patriots. He said tea partyers are heavily focused on state and local races, and are wary of getting drawn into the presidential quarrels.

After all, Meckler said, “it’s not as though Newt Gingrich hasn’t been part of the Republican establishment.”

Meckler seems to see the race as essentially a Hobson’s choice. Palin sort of does too when she says Newt is an “imperfect vessel” for tea-party support, but by casting Gingrich as the newest victim of lying gutless insiders, she’s necessarily framing his candidacy as a vehicle for true conservatives to slay the RINO establishment dragon. In fact, she’s right on the cusp of claiming that Romney’s nomination will be illegitimate if he wraps this up on Tuesday aided by the ferocious media criticism of Gingrich (“it will not have come to a satisfactory conclusion”). If that’s the prevailing view among tea partiers, that Mitt cheated by being the beneficiary of Beltway collusion, that lingering bitterness will be a problem for him in the fall. Which would be ironic, since some sizable chunk of the people who are attacking Newt are doing it only because they’re terrified that he can’t beat Obama.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 20 21 22

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I’m not looking for a candidate to be perfect. I have no problem with a divorced president, for example. I certainly would consider as “deal breakers” anything that demonstrates a lack of trustworthiness. People make mistakes–I’ve made plenty–and if they demonstrate genuine contrition through both their words and deeds, I can get past many things. Perhaps Mr. Gingrich is a changed man (although even if a person changes, there are still consequences to past decisions), but the problem with dishonesty is that we have no way to believe him if he says so. If Mr. Romney has made mistakes and shown genuine remorse, I can get past those, too, but if he does not own up and admit the shame of them, then no, I can’t get past them. And that is only if I wanted either of them as candidates in the first place.

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I didn’t know the Tea Party wanted to build a moon base. That should help balance the budget.

I wish Palin had pushed for Santorum. At least he has some ethics and some claim to being an outsider, unlike Washington insider of 30 years Newt. Even Paul is fiscally responsible. The only reason to support Newt is that the media and PACs are pointing out his very real failings. I can see why she would sympathize, but the attacks against Palin ere mostly unjustified. The attacks against Newt are mostly based in reality and probably aren’t nearly as harsh as what Obama will bring if Newt wins the nomination.

talkingpoints on January 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Just wait until the MSM starts putting out,”regretfully”, about the Bain ties to mooslims. We haven’t heard even 5% of the stuff that’s going to be dumped on Romney the nominee, it’s going to be so bad that Romney events will need full TSA-type security.

bigmike on January 29, 2012 at 5:10 PM

This is the thread that never ends
It goes on and on my friends
Some people started reading it not knowing what it was
And they’ll just keep on reading it forever just because…

This is the thread that never ends
It goes on and on my friends
Some people started reading it not knowing what it was
And they’ll just keep on reading it forever just because…

LOL I only THOUGHT I was going to have the last word apparently!
I just hope everyone else get this song stuck in their heads like I did when I went to bed last night.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Alls I know is New’ Gingrich tryna take what litta money my momma do git, dawg!

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

ELP, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zo0FiNheI

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I like that song better. I never think of that group when I’m on iTunes, thanks for reminding me!

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Alls I know is New’ Gingrich tryna take what litta money my momma do git, dawg!

Lanceman on January 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Great. Now I feel compelled to go see the Rappers for Newt story.

Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM

… If Mr. Romney has made mistakes and shown genuine remorse, I can get past those, too, but if he does not own up and admit the shame of them, then no, I can’t get past them. And that is only if I wanted either of them as candidates in the first place.

DrMagnolias on January 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Fair enough. That is why Palin is pushing for an extended nomination process, so vigorous vetting will continue to expose the downsides of the candidates, before the Democrats get a chance to in the general election. We really do need to think long and hard about who we are going to send up against Obama with his army of useful idiots and his billion dollar slush fund.

Whoever it may be, moral character will be vitally important in charting a path for our nation, for that is the type of leadership that will inspire others to follow.

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Glad SP finally showed her hand…Funny how this self-appointed spokesperson for the Tea Party has endorsed the thirty year Washington insider, lobbyist and serial adulterer…Sarah should have learned from Rush to never totally commit to a candidate as you tie your credibility to the candidate’s fate. For a coward who wouldn’t run herself this cycle, she now has lots to say…So, in her eyes HW Bush, and Bob Dole are establishment cannibals. Yeah right, we saw how she lasted all of two years as governor of 650,000 residents and a couple of million caribou up in AK…Guys like Bush and Dole started out putting their asses on the line in WWII. They fought the good fight for decades…She’s not in their league, never will be, and evidently never learned anything about manners…She’s an intemperent upstart not unlike Gingrich as speaker…The most brilliant man in the universe lasted all of four years as speaker. He was voted out by peers and handed a 300k ethics violation to boot. Here’s a clue folks, neither Newt nor Sarah wanted to resign. They were thrown out lest they risk jail time…In Sarah’s case she turned her fifteen minutes of fame into millions of dollars. So, she now feels entitled to share her wisdom with us…Like it or not. Hey Sarah, maybe guys like HW Bush and Bob Dole know something of Gingrich as they worked with the guy for nearly two decades. You on the other have bought into the somewhat chastened elder Gingrich. Maybe you identify with his failure as Speaker, whatever…Again, you are really speaking out of turn but it fits your temperament. Let’s see how you continue to shop your reality shows and speaking gigs after the coming Newt implosion…Good luck!

Nozzle on January 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Nozzle on January 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Your right, Palin can go back to her loving family and her loyal friends.

And you can go back to asking people if they want fries with their order!

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

You are spending waaay too much time in here but thanks for summing up the regular cast.

34 people, 130 million voters…. =2.61538462 × 10-7

Statistically insignificant to a power of 10 to the negative seven…

Bradky on January 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I’m glad you’re not the only one to notice that Tesla is completely obsessed with gay issues and gay men. I’ll never forget when, during a debate about same-sex marriage, Tesla narrated a completely fictional story about being tied up and sexually assaulted at Clemnson by his gay roomate who was bigger and more muscular than him. When pressed about the truth of the story, Tesla admitted that he hadn’t been assaulted, but that he was “nervous” that it “could” have happen. I think it was more like he was dissapointed that it didn’t.

libfreeordie on January 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I was never pressed on it, I freely admitted I was joking about being handcuffed to the bed and my gay roomate taking liberties.

But do you seriously believe that I wanted to be raped by my gay roommate? That was my whole point…he could have if he wanted to, and I didn’t like being put in that position. I don’t think gay men should be allowed to stay in male dorms at college. It’s a point of view. You can disagree with it, but my point of view is legit and it’s not anti-gay, it’s anti-invasion of privacy. A man or woman has the right not to live with a person who could be sexually attracted to him or her.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

You are spending waaay too much time in here …

Bradky on January 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It was gracious of you to add to his thread count. ;-)

DoubleClutchin on January 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I shoudl also point out that I like to sleep in the nude, and I couldln’t do that with a gay roommate, I had to go buy a chastisty belt at Walmart and wear every night for the entire semester, just in case.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM

we get it – you are the stud of the millenium…./sarc

Bradky on January 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

we get it – you are the stud of the millenium…./sarc

Bradky on January 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

That’s not the point, ugly people get raped too.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Look for this Palin thread to go over 3000 now that I’ve introduced “the gay question” with regards to college dorms.

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM

LOL I only THOUGHT I was going to have the last word apparently!
Night Owl on January 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM

You thought you were going to have the last word? HAH!

BTW, my kids LOVED Lamb Chop.
Was a rotten shame how Shari Lewis ‘left us’. : (

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Were you thinking of ‘separate’ dorms for gays?

I can’t believe you would want “gay” men in the girls dorm.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Was a rotten shame how Shari Lewis ‘left us’. : (

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Don’t wake your mom up!

DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

talkingpoints on January 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Nozzle on January 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I had previously advanced the hypothetical premise that maybe . . . just maybe . . . Sarah Palin is backing Rick Santorum.
Let me emphasize that this thought of mine is purely speculative, and nothing more, at this time.
Sarah’s “apparent” support for Newt at this time just may be to keep Newt in the race, there-by keeping Newt and Mitt “beating each other bloody.”
The idea being to clear a path for Rick S.
I have no hard evidence of this. This is pure “gut.”
I agree that it makes the most sense that Rick Santorum would be the most logical (ideological?) choice from the current field for Sarah to put her support behind.

Bizarre conspiratorial-hypothetical, huh?
Like I said, I can’t begin to prove any what I just presented.
It might just be “wishful thinking” on my part.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Was a rotten shame how Shari Lewis ‘left us’. : (
listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Don’t wake your mom up!
DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I’m assuming that’s an inside joke based on the show.
I never saw enough of Lamb Chop to “get it”, but my wife and kids certainly would.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Dr. Tesla on January 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Some of us are doing our best, and we’ll take whatever help we can get. That is, within the confines of “good taste”, and NOT getting yourself banned. : )

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I saw how some here are trying to get this thread count up.

Here you go. You don’t have to thank me.

BoxHead1 on January 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

34 people, 130 million voters…. =2.61538462 × 10-7
Statistically insignificant to a power of 10 to the negative seven…
Bradky on January 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Nonsense, there’s no such thing as “waaay too much time” in a Sarah thread!
Us “overbearing Palinistas” have to artificially prolong the thread, there-by inflating the ‘post-count’, there-by perpetuating the illusion that Sarah’s still relevant . . . RELEVANT . . . RELEVANT !

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I saw how some here are trying to get this thread count up.
Here you go. You don’t have to thank me.
BoxHead1 on January 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM

You posted this, while I was conjuring up my last post.
Of all the things you could have said . . . . . . . . . . .
Divine Providence?

NAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Was a rotten shame how Shari Lewis ‘left us’. : (
listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Don’t wake your mom up!
DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I’m assuming that’s an inside joke based on the show.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM

It was a sing a long, that stuck in your head! For a long time! I just realized the part of your comment I grabbed didn’t mesh very well with my comment, sorry about that :-( Yes, it was a shame she passed on so soon.

DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM

No not bizarre, interesting actually. I missed it when you first postulated this. If true, she may indicate some of it after Tuesday, or maybe at CPAC. Even if Romney wins Florida, and I think he will, I don’t think anyone will drop out, so she has ample time to keep things riled up. ;-)

Ok, over and out for now.

DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM

DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Thanks for the reply, and I also agree that NO ONE is dropping out after Fla., ‘the results be damned.’

As to Sarah, my ‘inner perceptions’ are just that, and nothing more.

We’ll just have to wait to see if there’s any ‘credence’ to it.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

After this very poorly thought out Palin endorsement, I don’t trust her judgement as much any more.

Had she gone for Santorum, at least she would have been consistent and not a hypocrite.

scotash on January 30, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Sarah Palin’s best facebook post in quite a while. She is the reason Gingrich has a chance. The Romneybots can keep crying. Romney is in for a long fight.

CoolChange80 on January 30, 2012 at 4:31 AM

scotash on January 30, 2012 at 3:23 AM,
She is not a hypocrite she is standing to the same people that left her for dead and attacked her. She was a major reason Santorum won Iowa.

CoolChange80 on January 30, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Mitt Romney is good buddies with Solyndra’s man UBER-RINO William Weld. Weld supported Mitt in the 2008 primary and after Romney lost to McCain, Weld supported Obama and is Palin hater.

CoolChange80 on January 30, 2012 at 4:37 AM

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I completely agree.

DrMagnolias on January 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM

You thought you were going to have the last word? HAH!

BTW, my kids LOVED Lamb Chop.
Was a rotten shame how Shari Lewis ‘left us’. : (

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I did not know where that song came from. My neice sang it for about an hour at a family picnic a few years ago. I do remember that show, though, from when I was little.

Night Owl on January 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM

scotash on January 30, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Check-out my 12:45 AM post on this page, above.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM

So, 22 pages of comments on this topic, and many of them are of the “my candidate is better than your candidate” type.

This is going to destroy any attempt to have a unified convention, let alone defeat Obama in November. This constant “cannibalism,” as Governor Palin described it, will split the party so badly that many conservatives will simply sit at home on Election Day and refuse to vote. Holding their nose and voting for someone who has a chance to defeat Obama will be so unappealing because the eventual nominee (whoever it is) will be perceived by them as being as bad as (or, heaven forbid, worse) than the incumbent.

All because of the infighting currently going on. I’ll be surprised if any unity occurs before the convention, and even more surprised if conservatives and the Tea Party (as nebulous as it is) gather behind one person not named Palin as the party’s nominee.

The whole process disgusts me. I’m to the point now where I’m not sure what I want to do, because anything I do will probably require me to take a long, hot shower afterwards to attempt to wash the slime off me.

falcon on January 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

falcon on January 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I don’t disagree with what you said, but I can’t believe the tension, stress, venting, and INFIGHTING is going to slack up much before May. Maybe not till after the convention.

And with a select, few individuals, NEVER.

I know I’m going to vote for the Republican Presidential nominee next November, whomever it is, no matter how many clothes-pins I have to put on my nose. Period.

I wish all the rest of us would think the same way, but I can’t do anything about it.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM

None of it really matters, in the General, the GOP Candidate/Ticket must win the following states:

Florida, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana. IF that happens the GOP is at 266..New Hampshire is 4 points. Can a GOP Candidate bring NH? Or maybe Wisconsin too?

PA is not a toss up, I don’t care what the polls say. That state is blue as long as Pittsburgh (unions) and Philadelphia (fraud voters) are part of it.

So I’m in a State that is Red no matter who the GOP Candidate is, Romney, Gingrich, or Harry Potter…won’t matter. All that matters is that the GOP Candidate can flip enough states while keeping all the McCain/Palin wins.

Dino V on January 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM

“Palin, Stalin, and Alinsky”

Why Sarah grows increasingly irrelevant.

captn2fat on January 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Just wanted to take a moment here and throw you folks a Hat Tip.

Main cast of characters:

SilverDeth
TheStatistQuo
Pork-Chop
msmveritas
The Rogue Tomato
bluefox

In spirit with us: angrymike

It may be a motley crew, but it is a crew I stand proud of and with. You will always have my deepest heartfelt gratitude.

Bmore on January 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

No disrespect to Bmore… sounds like a great guy… but we all know I am the best commenter

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

“Palin, Stalin, and Alinsky”
Why Sarah grows increasingly irrelevant.
captn2fat on January 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I reject Jonathan Tobin’s conclusions, but that doesn’t mean you have to.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Anyway, Bmore is a great guy. : )

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

ariel on January 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Retired military pilot and small business owner…This economy is brutal but thankfully I can bypass McDs for a paycheck.

cheers,

Nozzle on January 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Sarah plays pretty fast and loose with her ideas relative to the Tea-Party. As far as I know, there is no Tea Party in the sense of it being a third party in American politics. In my mind, the Tea party is a name for millions of Americans who are damn disappointed with the direction of Washington. Moreover, I think Tea Party participants or persons sympathetic to those persons who have gone out and made a public statement at movements and demonstrations across the country have their own views. Those views do not necessarily align themselves with Sarah Palin’s views or Mitt Romney’s views for that matter. Until the Tea Party becomes a third party in American politics, which I think would merely split the Republican vote and guarantee a democratic majority, the Sarah Palin’s out there should refrain from speaking as if they are elected or appointed representatives of an organization that does not really exist. Tea Party is more of an idea that an entity at this point…

Nozzle on January 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Just a cotton pickin’ minute there, buddy. If you think I’m just going to stand by, while you misappropriate MY status as ‘Best Commenter’ , you’ve another thought coming! Anyway, Bmore is a great guy. : )

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

…hahaha you are one of my favs also !

apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Nozzle on January 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Sarah gives me no impression of someone who is assuming a ‘status of authority’, that they don’t really have.
Within the ranks of those who embrace the Tea Party ideas, Sarah is held in VERY high esteem. The fact that she holds no ‘formal’ position of elected or duly appointed authority should not disqualify her from acting (speaking) as an unofficial leader, UNTIL the masses who currently look up to her, turn away of their own accord.

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 7:43 PM

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM

…hahaha you are one of my favs also !
apocalypse on January 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Glad you came back to see that. : )

Don’t know if this thread is going to last the night on page one, or not.
But we had fun with it!

listens2glenn on January 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Nozzle on January 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I think that would be her point. :-) A protest, if you will, of how things have been done in the past, and not letting the hoi poloi hold sway without some back chat :D

DoubleClutchin on January 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Are any more posts allowed on this thread?

listens2glenn on January 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

The Romneybots still living in fantasyland.

CoolChange80 on January 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Are any more posts allowed on this thread?

listens2glenn on January 31, 2012 at 2:22 AM

YES, You can always use it to meet people on for semi private conversations now that its hidden.

Bmore on January 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM