Jack Welch: Be nice to Ron Paul supporters because we’re gonna need ‘em

posted at 3:00 pm on January 27, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Last night, Ron Paul had a particularly impressive debate. He wasn’t as long-winded as usual, he made at least one quip that had the audience laughing with him and not at him, and he spoke as well as usual about the need for sound fiscal policy. Perhaps his relaxed demeanor stemmed in part from the fact that he’s not putting too much effort into the Florida primary. Whatever the reason, his relative calmness in this debate was a welcome relief from the more strident tones he frequently sounds in these contests.

Nevertheless, his debate performance probably won’t translate into greater support in the Sunshine State. Folks 65 and older make up a larger share of Florida’s population than they do of the national population — and kids 18 and younger make up a smaller share of Florida’s population than they do of the national population. While Ron Paul himself falls into the first category, many of his supporters fall into the second category.

Furthermore, Paul is not only unlikely to do well in Florida: As in his last two bids for the presidency, he remains highly unlikely to actually capture the nomination. Yet, Paul remains unique among the remaining GOP candidates. He’s the spokesman for his own libertarian cause — and his supporters aren’t nearly as “transferable” as the other contenders’ fans are.

That fact has at least one prominent businessman speculating as to how to retain the support of Paulites if Ron Paul drops out of the race. Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric and an open Mitt Romney supporter, wrote a column for Reuters in which he expressed the need to reach out to Ron Paul fans and also appeared on CNN’s “Starting Point with Soledad O’Brien” to reiterate the points he made in that piece. Political Ticker reports:

“There can be no brush-off. No ‘Phew, he’s gone. Now let’s get down to business.’ No booby prize. Ron Paul needs to be given a role that really means something to him – a role with influence and voice,” Welch wrote in the column.

The former CEO suggested giving Paul whatever he wants, whether it’s a prominent role at the convention or an advisory position in a new administration.

“Like a business leader designing a severance package with a key player, the GOP leadership’s mindset must be: ‘When he walks out that door, Ron Paul is going to be a friend for life’,” he wrote.

Sitting by his side in the CNN interview on Friday, Suzy Welch added they know a thing or two about Paul supporters, as their four children are all fans of the congressman.

“If you let them go, they’re not going to go into the booth and they’re not going to pull the lever for whoever the nominee is,” she said. “If you alienate them…either they’ll stay home or they’ll work against you.”

Sarah Palin, too, has said the GOP needs to make room for Ron Paul followers. I agree with both Welch and Palin. Not only that, but I think the eventual GOP nominee needs to learn a crucial lesson from Ron Paul: Young people really don’t appreciate pandering and politicking. To capture the millennial vote, the GOP nominee will need to level with us about who he is and about the difficult economic realities that face the nation — and offer pragmatic solutions.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Why would;nt we be welcoming to Paul and his supporters? They are going to be the ones keeping the fiscal leash on this party…

Zybalto on January 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM

No they aren’t. Paul is an absolute phony. His whole “fiscal responsibility” shtick is predicated on the lie that cutting defense will solve all our problems. He’s not being honest, and he doesn’t want to piss off the college twerps by threatening their entitlements. He voted against Ryans budget and just about every other attempt to cap spending.

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I think what he’s saying is, once Santorum and Paul drop out, we (Democrats/RINOs) need the Ron Paul false flag Republicans to help Romney clinch the nomination and thereby destroy America forever. (Those darned Santorum supporters aren’t as easily fooled!)

joe_doufu on January 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Considering the racist, anti-semitic, anti-military comments thrown around by his supporters on this very blog, Herr Doktor supporters can go suck monkey balls.

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

enjoy 4 more years of Obama

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

btw, the GOP is the Party of Lincoln. Ask any Ron Paul follower what he (and it’s always a he) thinks about Abraham Lincoln.

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM

My daughter is a he? Oh my. You really should lay off the bottle. Now, anyone educated – unlike you – would tell you that Abraham Lincoln was a devoted Negro-hating racist, to a degree that Ron Paul cannot possibly hope to achieve.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM

From today’s Ace of Spades:

“In related news, a pitch for some new book on the essential truthiness of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was discovered on Paul’s Campaign for Liberty website. It’s now been zapped without explanation, though the screenshot remains.

*************

Surely this is just one more in the seemingly endless stream of bothersome little situational “nits” of which Paul was (oh, of course!) completely and utterly unawares. It’s just this weird, cosmic… coincidence that each and every time he’s “unaware” of something taking place, it unfailingly has some sleazy, unlovely racial/religious aspect to it, is all.

Tellya what, Tina: you go ahead and make kissies with the likes of these, if you wanna.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

By the posters here, we’ll pretty much have it anyway, with any candidate.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM

So tell me, as evidence continues to pile up that your daughter’s hero, Dr. Ron Paul, is an antisemitic bigot and all-around conspiratorial nutcase, do you and she just pretend the evidence–which is damning–isn’t there?

That’s a neat trick. I think I first heard about that trick in Orwell’s 1984, in the scene where O’Brien has Winston Smith on the table in the torture room.

How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?

Thing is, Winston Smith had to be tortured to see the number of fingers O’Brien told him to see, regardless of the actual number he was holding up. What’s your daughter’s excuse? What’s yours?

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I thought Jack Welch died on 30 Rock.

Hostile Gospel on January 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM

We are going to need something!

President Downgrade just shored up some more support for his re-election.

Must be nice spending everybody elses’ money. As if Fannie & Fredie weren’t already in enough trouble!

Obama Admin Expands Aid For Delinquent Homeowners

By Lorraine Woellert – Jan 27, 2012 4:02 PM ET

shanimal on January 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM

We are gonna need them? They are gonna vote Obama anyway. All Ron Paul supporters are, are just Obama supporters that just happen to hate Jews a little more than Obama.

The Notorious G.O.P on January 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I really don’t get this assanine argument, and I find it insulting.

While I don’t think Ron Paul is the most ‘presidential’ candidate, he is a strict Constitutionalist and the ONLY advocate for truly constitutional limited government in the primaries.

Given that Barack Obama is the polar opposite of constitutional limited government, how can it possibly be argued that “all Ron Paul supporters will/did vote for Obama”?? That is a completely illogical argument.

There are always some voters who will crossover, but to make such a generalized argument about ALL Paul supporters is simply false and defies any sense of logic. You know, there were Republicans that voted for Obama.

So let me get the argument straight…

Romney attracting the independents and disaffected Democratsis a good thing? It supposedly makes him electable because those same Democrats that won’t vote for a Gingrich or Santorum goes the argument.

Ron Paul attracting independents or disaffected Democrats, is a bad thing? Because they will just vote Obama in the general election.

Remind me again how attracting indeis/Dems is a good thing for one candidate and a bad thing for another? And how does that work that we don’t want them if Paul is the nominee but we need them if Romney is the nominee?

gravityman on January 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

WTH are you talking about?

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM

enjoy 4 more years of Obama

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Gee… that’s funny. Just last night, some twelve- or thirteen-year-old MittBott was dogmatically assuring me — right here, on this very site; in front of God, and Ed, and everybody! — that not being willing to vote for Romney was a solid, stone guarantee of a second Obama term.

Huh.

Maybe… just maybe, mind you… you’re both crammed full of it.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

enjoy 4 more years of Obama

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Non sequitur much?

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Link to Ace article, referenced above.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:23 PM

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I noticed you keep bringing up Abraham Lincoln. Are you aware that he was a racist to a degree that Ron Paul cannot hope to approach?

Now, the only thing that keeps “piling up” is in your pants. In case you developed a sudden case of brain malfunction – did I mention that you have to lay off the bottle? – I’ll remind you that I am a Jewish Israeli, and that pretty much makes me immune to your MO of slapping an anti-Semite label on opponents. That said, I say that Ron Paul is not an anti-Semite. Naive and misguided about Iran, possibly.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Forget courting the Ronulans. We know their motto is Ron or Gone when it comes to the Republican party. They’re more likely to vote for Cynthia McKinney than whoever wins the primary.

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Ron Paul and his message of liberty appeals across the political spectrum and unlike the other candidates, he could actually unify a divided country.

Ron Paul is the best, most responsible choice, IMO. He is not without flaw but he speaks his mind and is genuine yet still the most competitive against Obama. That’s why it won’t cost him a billion dollars to compete with Obama, because unlike Romney and Newt Ron Paul doesn’t have to finance a bunch of propaganda to convince people he’s somebody else.

FloatingRock on January 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM

gravityman on January 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

There’s different kinds of indies. There’s the kind that don’t really like Republicans but recognize the failures of Obama and just want a prosperous nation. We like to have those kind. Then there’s the kind who are pissed at Obama for not telling us the “truth” about the Zionist 9/11 scheme. Those kind can get lost.

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

They’re more likely to vote for Cynthia McKinney than whoever wins the primary.

BohicaTwentyTwo on January 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Most likely. He endorsed her in 2008, after all.

Just another… “coincidence,” her being a slaveringly Jew-obsessed, barking mad whackjob, and all.

Honest. For realsies.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Most likely. He endorsed her in 2008, after all.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I actually believed it to be true, until three minutes ago. Now, let’s debunk this garbage. He did not endorse McKinney; instead, he called his supporters to vote for any third party candidate, of which there were four, to show his disgust with both Republican and Democrat candidates (which I heartily share).

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Including (obviously, as she was standing on stage right next to him at the time) Cynthia “JOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!” McKinney.

Pffftt. “Debunk” harder, next time.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Pffftt. “Debunk” harder, next time.

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Easily. Here, courtesy of Google:

Apologies are due, I presume?

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Kinda OT, but would I assume there’s no political common ground between the former GE CEO (Welch) and the current GE CEO (Immelt)?

Marcola on January 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Archivarix, you’ve made your point. Paul Nazis will never vote Republican and Welch is mistaken.

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

You’re being disingenuous. I didn’t say you were antisemitic and no, I don’t make such accusations lightly, in any event. I said you (and your daughter) were willfully blinding yourselves to the truth about Ron Paul, a man whose associations alone–Lew Rockwell, Willis Carto, Don Black–disqualify him from serious consideration as a candidate for anything.

Why in the world would you have anything whatsoever to do with this guy?

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Apologies are due, I presume?

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Are you drunk, or just playing one online?

How does this in any way “debunk” the demonstrable, irrefutable f-a-c-t that Ron Paul endorsed (among other candidates for President that year) Cynthia McKinney in 2008?

You’re simply flailing, at this point. Don’t waste my time, if you’re simply going to keep dodging (ineptly) the wing’d arrows of recorded history… m’kay?

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I like Ron Paul and I’m neither young, nor a White supremacist (if my name didn’t give that away), nor a conspiracy freak. I’ll vote anybody but Obama come the general election.

I read his book, like his ideas, and plan to vote for him in the primary (if he’s still in by then).

The other candidates represent to me all that is revolting and vile about American politics, but they don’t suck as much as Obama so I’ll vote for them.

And for the record I don’t think we need to have the massive military footprint that we have. Empire is always where freedom and liberty go to die.

theblackcommenter on January 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Ok, I guess I’ll have to spell it out for you. This isn’t very complex, so I figured you could understand it without such an in depth explanation.

First, Tesla (who is not a Ron Paul supporter, mind you) said that he didn’t support Cain because he’s black.

Oh, but that’s not all. He went on to allude to all black republicans hold the same position. Because the color of your skin obviously dictates your political philosophy.

Now, how it compares to what you said. Here, I’ll quote it for you in case you forgot.

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

You are generalizing all Paul supporters based on a small minority of supporters. I’m alluding to generalizing all hotair commenters based on a small minority of commenters. See how that works?

Now, if I were to use your small minded thought process, I’d write off this entire community as bigots. But, I’m intelligent and mature enough to realize that a person doesn’t represent the views of their entire community. Perhaps next time you might be able to, too.

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Why in the world would you have anything whatsoever to do with this guy?

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Because I like his view on the Fed and financial system, that’s why. Because I want the idiotic War on Drugs ended, and mega-billion federal machine built around it dismantled. And because other candidates such so much. Other than that, his immigration and foreign policies are an unmitigated disaster, and his age pretty much precludes him from a successful run even if he could.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Which you cannot support via Gary Johnson, who has NO known evidence of bilious racial ass-hattery in his past, because…?

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Are you drunk, or just playing one online?

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Are you drunk, or just a paid shill? Can you read the link? He endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Gary Johnson made a third-party run. I don’t like the idea. Now, I don’t believe Republicans should nominate Ron Paul; I’d rather see him or his son in Treasury, Commerce, or as Fed Chair, as far from the war room as possible.

Archivarix on January 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM

FYI, most of the Paul supporters I have seen amongst the commenters here fall into the first kind rather than the second kind.

It’s simple really… we simply want a government that is limited to the letter of the Constitution, ensuring maximum liberty for it’s citizens. I don’t get why that is such a horrible principle. And frankly, the current GOP has about as much interest in that principle as the Dems do.

Is Paul the best banner carrier for that movement, just from a purely political optics perspective? No, not really… certainly not may first choice by any means. However, he is the ONLY one of the five men who could become President from the two major parties that is even talking about it with any conviction or has any record that doesn’t flip-flop on the subject.

IMO, both parties can go take a long walk on a short pier… I’ll vote for a circus clown if he actually stands for limited government. Lord knows the GOP and Dems don’t.

gravityman on January 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

enjoy 4 more years of Obama

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Non sequitur much?

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 4:22 PM

unable to connect the dots much? if you call the Paulites crazy at the GOP convention, thats going to sideline enough votes to guarantee election for Obama

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Paul Nazis

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Nazi’s supported freedom and liberty and the US Constitution? No, they were big government authoritarians that wanted to shove their agenda down other peoples throats, so the closest thing we have in this country is the D and R elite establishment.

FloatingRock on January 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Kent18 on January 27, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Ron Paul had a platform of end the fed, end the wars, etc. that he was promoting. He invited those candidates (Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, Nader) to the stage because they agreed to his platform.

For president, he endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

There, does that clear things up for you?

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM

There was a debate before this one I thought he did even better in than last night. I think he automatically does better with: less people on stage and more time to speak.

drlax15m on January 27, 2012 at 5:01 PM

VP Ron Paul wouldn’t be a terrible idea. VPs have virtually nothing to do with policy, and he’s old enough that he wouldn’t be of an appropriate age to be president after the 8 years is up.

vegconservative on January 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

We won’t need to call Paulites anything. They’ll show up at the GOP convention and do what basement-dwelling, tinfoil hat-wearing, nerds without social skills always do: shout down featured speakers, antagonize everyone in sight, go on live television and start talking about the evil cabal of Zionist bankers ruling the world, water fluoridation as mind control, spider-goat DNA hybrids, the Trilateral Commission, the CFR, gold, the Fed, evil Neocons, black FEMA helicopters…

I strongly doubt any of them will lose their virginity.

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

You’re more paranoid about Ron Paul supporters than the paranoia you ascribe to them.

You make me wonder who is actually wearing the tin-foil hats around here.

gravityman on January 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

FloatingRock on January 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I don’t know much about Nazis. You should ask the Nazis at Stormfront or OWS why they support Paul. It probably has nothing to do with freedom or liberty.

I don’t think Paul is a Nazi and I’m going a overboard antagonizing you. But a lot of his supporters are just shocking in their blatant antisemetism, a co-worker of mine especially and I give him the Nazi salute every time I enter the office because I don’t let that stuff slide. I don’t think the Republican party should either.

bernverdnardo1 on January 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

You can’t split the difference with the fringe: crazy doesn’t compartmentalize. And like I said, I can’t despise Ron Paul or his little cult-like true believers enough. I intend to treat them with outright derision and hostility whenever I encounter them.

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM

You’re more closed minded than most liberals.

angryed on January 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I’m calling you crazy now.

I’ve been calling you crazy since 2007 when you guys became known to me.

I’m not running for office – so go suck monkey balls.

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM

You make me wonder who is actually wearing the tin-foil hats around here.

gravityman on January 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I am gobsmacked by your wit and logic-fu. Only now do I realize that by decrying the drooling bigotry and conspiratorial paranoia evinced by a low-rent demagogue in a bad suit, do I in turn diminish myself and risk becoming That Which I So Strongly Oppose.

Nah, I think I’ll keep holding up Paul and his cult-like true believers to ridicule. It suits them.

troyriser_gopftw on January 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

You’ve got this exactly backwards.

The small minority of his supporters are those that aren’t batsh!t crazy. Everyone knows this. The entire internet knows this.

And I don’t demonize anyone that doesn’t have it coming, ask our resident white supremacist Paultard commenter Jerry Bear

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Nobody’s talking about demonizing anybody. The word is generalize.

I’ll let you go on merry, racist way now. Don’t lynch too many black people.

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I strongly doubt any of them will lose their virginity.

you’re talking about a very small percentage of them, but when you group them all together like that, you can kiss your GOP dreams goodbye

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I’m calling you crazy now.

I’ve been calling you crazy since 2007 when you guys became known to me.

I’m not running for office – so go suck monkey balls.

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM

uh oh! another internet tough guy. listen up, mommie’s yelling at you from upstairs, dinner’s ready!

burserker on January 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM

The establishment has one hell of a wake-up call coming their way in November.

Stoic Patriot on January 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I’m so glad that we are fighting “The Establishment” instead of the established and very dangerous man in the White House.

thebrokenrattle on January 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I’ll let you go on merry, racist way now. Don’t lynch too many black people.

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Something else you’ve got backwards.

You Paultards are the racists.

You and Jerry Bear should probably stop by the cleaners and pick up your Klan robes.

Don’t you guys have your ‘meetings’ on the weekends?

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

If that’s what it takes to make you feel better about yourself, be my guest.

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 6:34 PM

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I feel fine about myself.

You guys are the ones spinning like a blender to justify your Messiahs beliefs.

G’night.

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Very mature. It’s comments like that that show why Paul supporters will NEVER support you big government Republicans or your candidates. Two words….WRITE IN.

RightXBrigade on January 27, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Fletch54 on January 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

not true. I’ve mindlessly voted R every year except ’92. This year however, if Romney is the nominee, I don’t vote for President.

8 weight on January 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Either we stand together or fall alone.

Remember the Gadson flag… it doesn’t just say “don’t tread on me”… it also shows a snake cut into bits because each one stood alone.

Together as a unified party we are strong. Divided we are dead meat. It’s just that simple.

Libertarians, social conservatives, and moderates need to get along. Because alone we’ll accomplish nothing.

Lets focus on actually winning an election here and then we can afford to fight amongst each other a little. But right now? It will just ensure obama wins.

Karmashock on January 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM

they won’t vote (just like before Paul came around) and they will be a non factor in politics.

Warner Todd Huston on January 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

You’re a pretty smug guy.

8 weight on January 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Fully agree with Welch. I dislike almost all of Paul’s ideas, but we can’t afford to lose his famously enthusiastic supporters.

Personally, I’d like to see him in charge of the Fed.

Mr. Prodigy on January 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

catmman on January 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hah, sure. Funny how I would have to spin conservative ideals on a self-proclaimed conservative site.

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Ron Paul is a racist bigoted anti-Semitic Jew hating Nazi loving demon who raised his head from the depths of Hell to take over the country and lead his cultist maniac followers to destroy the Constitution and rape lady liberty till the country is ready for Nazi dictatorship. He then plans to make all Jews slaves of his
followers. Once everything has gone as planned, he wishes to sacrifice Jews on the alter of Von Mises in order to resurrect Der Fuhrer to rule over the world and destroy sacred Israel. Catmman and troyriser are correct. Don’t fall for this Nazi antisemitic bigot racist Jew hating poopy faced monster head. Vote Newt Gingrich and all holy righteousness will be restored!

Jerry Bear on January 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Ron Paul stated, on stage, mere weeks ago, in a GOP presidential debate, that U.S. forces were responsible for the deaths of a million Iraqis over the course of OIF … One Million … In doing so, he repeated the claims of Code Pink and international Leftists. There is no way, in Hell, that I can get friendly with that. That one statement alone is enough to remove him completely from consideration. None of his other positions matter. He stands with America’s enemies. And I don’t care WHAT his cult followers FEEL about it.

minnesoter on January 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

minnesoter on January 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

He is incredibly bad at articulating himself. I believe he is also lumping the decade of deaths of hundreds of thousands reported by the UN of mainly youngsters during the 10 years of the Iraqi sanctions while Saddam was in power.

V-rod on January 28, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Yeah, feel free to crap all over the Christians in your party though.

hawkdriver on January 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM

gyrmnix on January 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Herr Doktors and his supporters ideas of racism, anti-semitism, bigotry, and conspiracy are hardly conservative. Neither are his stances on social welfare and the spending of taxpayer dollars, let alone the gutting of national defense.

catmman on January 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM

J

erry Bear on January 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You think you’re being cute, but everyone who’s read your stuff knows you really feel this way.

catmman on January 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Jack Welch is just saying this because all four of his kids are big Paul supporters…

popularpeoplesfront on January 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM