Tarmac tiff does indeed boost Brewer’s book sales

posted at 5:25 pm on January 26, 2012 by Tina Korbe

You knew it was coming. Barack Obama had to have known it was coming, too – and pretty much from the minute he opened his mouth to whine about Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s treatment of him in her book Scorpions for Breakfast. You almost have to wonder whether the president wanted this to happen. Is there something else in Brewer’s book that makes Republicans seem unlikable? But, no, the president is just petty and self-protective.

At any rate, if this isn’t proof that conservatives rally around anybody who is willing to pick a fight with the president, I don’t know what is.

Jan Brewer’s confrontation with President Barack Obama Wednesday may or may not have been good politics for the Arizona governor. But it was definitely good for her book sales. …

The brouhaha is certainly helping sales of the book, according to Amazon.com’s rankings. Prior to the tarmac tiff, the book ranked 276,665th in sales. By midday Thursday, it was 56th and climbing.

That ascent is sharper and faster than Obama’s own rise from relative obscurity to the presidency. Half of me is pleased for Jan Brewer and half of me pities the president. The poor guy just can’t seem to help himself. First, he’s patronizing and condescending, then he’s whiny and ungracious when someone calls him “patronizing” and “condescending.” All that MSM adulation certainly hasn’t taught him to cope with the inevitable criticism that comes with a public position. Even I’ve learned not to lash out at commenters who suggest I’ve got less than half a brain — and the president has a few years and life experiences on me. You’d think he’d have built up a little immunity to criticism by now. His thin skin is evidence that everybody wants to be liked — regardless of whether he’s got a reelection on the line, but especially if he does.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama doesn’t care if he is liked by everyone, so long as everyone agrees he is right. And as far as showing respect, the current occupant of the Oval Office has yet to show respect to the opposition party leaders at any level. You want respect, you show it, and Obama is incapable of showing it to anyone who disagrees with him. Personally, I don’t see him showing respect towards anyone. You don’t go up to a governor during a meet and greet and whine about some small passage in a book. You suck it up like a real man would, shake the persons hand, thank them, then move on.

TQM38a on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My posts here on Hot Air prove I am no Romney-Bot.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:14 PM

i encourage you to vote obama then.

sesquipedalian on January 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM

List O’bama’s “Accomplishments” over the past 3 years. The only positive one I can think of is that he dawdled and then gave the order to get bin Laden.

That’s one achievement, but I’m not going to vote for a candidate based on that one single event.

I’m sure that you would never have voted for Chimpy Bush if bin Laden had been taken out on his watch.

What else has he “accomplished”?

1. Broke his promise (and his very second Executive Order) to close GITMO.

2. Increased the debt by $1.13 trillion.

3. The Solyndra scandal.

4. Credit rating downgrade. First one in US History.

5. Sky-high unemployment.

6. Broke Chimpy Bush’s Golfing Record as President.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I guess some women still don’t know their place…he’s here to help remind you. Especially the ‘privileged’ ones.

John Kettlewell on January 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM

So, have any reputable reviews of Governor Brewer’s book come out yet? It’s been out since November, but I can’t find any of the usual suspects (NY Times Book review, etc).

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM

sesqui is Comedy Relief that Captain Ed Morrissey brought here when he came over from Captains’ Quarters.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Seriously? I really don’t remember this one there. Guess it wasn’t funny enough even then.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

tommyhawk on January 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM

sesquipedalian on January 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Warning – guys with half a brain in this room.

22044 on January 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

between them…maybe.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

6. Broke Chimpy Bush’s Golfing Record as President.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Broke all previous President’s turf time combined.

roy_batty on January 26, 2012 at 8:05 PM

That’s Allahpundit grade snark there. Well done.

pedestrian on January 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I don’t think there’s half a brain between them…

Moose Drool on January 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM

between them…maybe.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I LOL’d

22044 on January 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

4.Increased the debt by $1.13 trillion.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

That’s maybe his best single year. Actually it’s $4,609,350,545,5062 for three years.

2ipa on January 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I LOL’d

22044 on January 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

and they fight over who gets to use on the weekend.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

As I noted in the other thread, there were 52 reviews a couple hours ago, all either 5′s or ones, but she moved from 311,000th on the list to 14. Seems a LOT of people are motivated to actually BUY something based on this, and I don’t think people predisposed to support obie would send money to one of his detractors.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I wish she would’a given him one of those old-timey black and white Hollywood, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, ‘You Got Some Goddamned Nerve, Mister’, all-the-way-from-the-other-room Bitchslaps.

…That’d be sweet.

a5minmajor on January 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I get the feeling that someone has deep seated anger issues
with caucasian women, due to his abandonment at a young age.

Freud would have a field day with this loon.

amadan on January 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Numerous jobs saved or created. Good work, zej0!

MisterElephant on January 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

*zer0*

MisterElephant on January 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Oh, so now, according to an interview with ABC’s Queen Diane, Obanal thinks the whole tarmac tiff is being blown out of proportion. What? Like everything else his toady mediot mouthpieces of crapaganda spew to cover the trail of carnage and nastiness that smears the ground he walks upon?

stukinIL4now on January 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Obama is a whiny poozer. I will never worship at the altar of a megalomaniacal twit — that job apparently belongs to the left-wing media.

Conservchik on January 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

His inability to cope with anything less than adulation goes back long before the MSM ever heard of zer0. For reference, and if you’re in the mood for lots of words and little substance, take a look at Dreams From My Deadbeat Father.

That’s just what they want, Tina. “Hurt me, Mistress T, I’ve been such a bad little boy.” LOL

MisterElephant on January 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM

The Governor’s pocket book says THANK YOU Mr. President!!

If only he could do that for the rest of us. /
Actually I want him to stay the heck away.

Did you know that seasonally adjusted full-time employment in September 2011 was lower than it was when the recession officially ended in June 2009, and that this was the case for 26 of the first 27 post-recession months? What’s more, the economy had over 8.7 million fewer full-time workers in November 2011 than it did when full-time employment peaked four years earlier in November 2007.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2011/12/19/unreported-full-time-employment-barely-recession-ended#ixzz1kcgXjf2n

CW on January 26, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If there were ever a picture worth a thousand words, this is it.

I heart Jan Brewer.

antipc on January 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

this whole thing is sad. He said.. She said..
it would be funny if we weren’t talking about the President and a Governor. my, we are in deep shit..

mmcnamer1 on January 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Ever hear that woman speak? Her community college education shines through.

KeninCT on January 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

not surprised at all to see this coming from a mitt supporter. sounds just like what mccain was saying a few years back.

chasdal on January 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Draft Jan Brewer. She would be the perfect candidate to put up against Barry Hussein Obama.

minnesoter on January 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

10pm news (CT) puts the book @ #10…. LOLOL.

pambi on January 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Obama got his butt kicked by a chick. Hilarious.

Even more hilarious was seeing his dopey fans desperately try to spin it.

Moesart on January 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

When he stated “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for”, I’ve heard all I can stand from Obowma.

Go Gov. Brewer.

dthorny on January 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Ever hear that woman speak? Her community college education shines through.

KeninCT on January 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

… and if you pay attention carefully you could learn a lot from her.

viking01 on January 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

NOW #10!!!

michaelo on January 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

More people should be willing to throw down on this poseur. Let them give him something to really whine about.

Be a good day to see him in full whiney meltdown mode.

Spots the Dog on January 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Why do I get this strange feeling that the Golfer in chief has a serious dislike for the South and the Southwest?

CorporatePiggy on January 27, 2012 at 7:37 AM

And now, if Gov. Brewer really, really wants to get in good with conservatives and make Democratic heads explode… she’ll donate her book proceeds to building AZ’s border fence.

Jinxed on January 27, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What makes you think the NY Slimes Book Review is reputable? They don’t review books written by conservative politicians, because they are afraid that even a negative review will encourage people to buy and read the books!

Steve Z on January 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

If Obummer thinks something is horrible, it must be good!

Steve Z on January 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Isn’t she great? She sure put that boy in his place. Who does he think he is?

Isserley on January 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Ever hear that woman speak? Her community college education shines through.

KeninCT on January 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Two sentences from you and I can tell you’re at the top of your second grade class.

(Yes, I’m being generous)

runawayyyy on January 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM