Ramirez, Beeler on Obama’s class warfare

posted at 1:20 pm on January 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Sometimes, it doesn’t even really take a breaking-news hook to appreciate Michael Ramirez.  The two-time Pultizer Prize winning editorial cartoonist sums up Barack Obama’s class warfare strategy perfectly in one image from the day before Obama’s State of the Union speech (via Power Line):

Nate Beeler followed up yesterday on the hypocrisy of Obama’s message and the obvious campaigning of the SOTU speech:

So what was the real message from Obama’s speech and campaign strategy?  I’d like to think that this picture from an Iowa factory sums it up even better:

President Barack Obama tours Conveyor Engineering and Manufacturing, Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. (AP Photo/Haraz N. Ghanbari)

I’m sure we can offer a better caption than that.

Also, be sure to check out Ramirez’ terrific collection of his works: Everyone Has the Right to My Opinion, which covers the entire breadth of Ramirez’ career, and it gives fascinating look at political history.  Read my review here, and watch my interviews with Ramirez here and here.  And don’t forget to check out the entire Investors.com site, which has now incorporated all of the former IBD Editorials, while individual investors still exist.  Be sure to check out Nate’s blog for more of his excellent work, featured at the indispensable Examiner.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

FLconservative on January 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yes’ I’m in Georgia and I did see it.

Bmore on January 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Brilliant minds think alike.

they lie on January 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

We can share the Prize!

Kini on January 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Sorry for the long posts but here is some of the testmony:
The evidence and arguments raised by the ineligible proponents were compelling. They included the following as entered into the legal record:

-Barack Obama Sr. was not a United States citizen at the time of Barack Obama’s birth. This claim is substantiated not only be Barack Obama’s own words, but immigration documents as well.

-Barack Obama Sr’s non-citizen status would potentially disqualify Barack Obama from holding the office of U.S. President if the following definition is applied:

To be a natural born citizen, one must have 2 parents who, at the time of the birth in question, be citizens of the United States. As Obama’s father was not a citizen, the argument is that Obama, constitutionally, is ineligible to serve as President.

-The Democratic National Committee’s own election certification language never indicated the eligibility status of Barack Obama – while the RNC language did. The discrepancy has never been fully explained by those involved. (Nancy Pelosi etc.)

-Barack Obama’s Social Security number appears to be fraudulent – or if not, legal representatives for Obama have yet to explain the discrepancy:

The number used or attached to Obama in 1979, sows that Obama was born in the 1890. This shows that the number was originally assigned to someone else who was indeed born in 1890 and should never have been used by Obama.

-A document imaging expert indicated the following regarding the released image of Barack Obama’s birth certificate:

The birth certificate, posted online by Obama, is suspicious. States white lines around all the type face is caused by “unsharp mask” in photo shop. Testifies that any document showing this, is considered to be a fraud.

-Information pertaining to Mr. Sotoroe who adopted Barack Obama, has been redacted from immigration records – a highly unusual occurrence.

It should be noted that Barack Obama’s legal representatives simply ignored this morning’s hearing. Such an act is an obvious attempt to dismiss the claims of those who testified in the matter as some silly sideshow undeserving of any attention.

That tone will surely change though if Judge Michael Malihi’s impending ruling gives any legal support for the eligibility claims issued in court today. The courage to make such a ruling would be considerable, and would certainly face immediate and aggressive legal challenge by the Obama administration.

_______________________

UPDATE: Rumors now circulating there will be a default judgement against Barack Obama – that he will NOT be allowed on the Georgia ballot.

FLconservative on January 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

A Left Turning Screw – just what I need!

gullxn on January 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

You know the drill.

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Are you sure this thing can get Chris Matthews’ head out of my ass?

Kinnakeeter on January 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Does this one go to 11?

TexasDan on January 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM

So George Kaiser’s the major shareholder in this place too?

Trafalgar on January 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

“…and then she wrote some unflattering *sniff* things about me in her book that I never read.” *lower lip wobble*

“There, there Mr. President. This should cheer you up.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a drill bit used for the extraction of oil from the ground. I just got this one cleaned up for transport to the Smithsonian since we don’t use them anymore. All the other ones are being sent to Brazil.”

“Excellent.” *steeples fingers*

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Obama screws another business.

dillydally on January 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM

No, I won’t be using this to drill for oil.

hoofhearted on January 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM

“You sure this thing will drill a hole all the way from Canada to China?”

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM

” I think the United States of America will need something bigger for my Ream Job initiative.”

Bmore on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Just, wow:

In 2010, Barack Obama touted Solyndra’s solar panels in his State of the Union speech. We know what happened to Solyndra.

Also in Barack Obama’s State of the Union this week, he touted Masterlock and the high productivity of its unionized workforce.

Given the odds, if you own stock in Masterlock, you might want to sell.

h/t redstate

whope on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

birtherism, really? In the middle of an unrelated post? It’s over… give up. Plus, his SSN is off by one digit, which has been explained as a mistake by the local issuing authority in Hawaii. It’s over, it’s simply over. Let’s focus on getting Obama out of office, not giving independents an excuse to vote for Obama.

WordsMatter on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Does this one go to 11?

TexasDan on January 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM

That’s roit, you see it gaws to eleven, roit? All these other screws only go ta twev…but this one goes to eleven which means it goes one louda.

Bishop on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

“So, how many wallets, bank accounts, IRAs and 401k’s can this baby go through in an hour?”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Obama to worker, “I am going to make this country a smart, green energy country. This plant is closing. You’re fired”

SC.Charlie on January 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM

You aren’t writing a book, are you?

nor on January 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM

DRILL BABY, DRILL!

Atlanta Media Guy on January 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM

1002 days without a budget and counting.

SC.Charlie on January 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Obama: “I’m very proud that the money the U.S. has invested in the manufacturing of these screw drills that will be given to other countries to drill for their own oil that they will then sell to other countries”.

CA_Conservative on January 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM

OBAMA: Dam*! I missed one!

OBAMA: Drill, baby, drill!!

OBAMA: Gotta spread the wealth…

cartooner on January 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM

C’mon buddy, I told you to make me some new PILLARS, not DRILLERS. What use would we have for this thing?

maryo on January 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

“Hold on…my left or your left?”

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Obama: “Nice to meet you, uhm…”

Worker: “Frank.”

Obama: “Nice to meet you, uhm…Frank. What is this thing here?”

Frank: “Honestly, I have no idea, but an appropriation in your Health Care law pays us to make them.”

Obama: “Well, keep up the good work, uhm…Frank.”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM

“That? That’s nothing. Wait till my second term. I’ll show you screwed. Big-time!”

SwampYankee on January 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Obama = $250K/yr = Rich people who need to be taxed more = class warfare!

Romney = $200K/yr = Rich people who need to be taxed more = sound business practice!

/Mittbots

mankai on January 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM

“So how many fat cats does this thing chew up per hour?”

PattyJ on January 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM

This will do for the middles class but I want one even larger for the millionaires and billionaires.

DocKen on January 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM

“Which side of this thing do the words go on?”

Hot Gas on January 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I thought you’d appreciate seeing the screw you used on the country Mr President. Sorry it’s not gold-plated. Maybe next year.

GarandFan on January 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Photo Caption:

If I get reelected, I can use this shaft to get more taxes from this factory’s rich owners. Then, I can give you great unemployment benefits when they have to lay you off due to Obamacare.

WhyNot on January 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The shape of things to come

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM

obama: This is remarkably like my first three years of going round and round and getting nowhere.

AltTuning on January 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Just remember, come payday, I get my fair share…….half!

Boats48 on January 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I’m sure we can offer a better caption than that.

Auger through is job one for this President when its the country and our Constitution he’s considering.

Speakup on January 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM

“Anything you can do, I can do better!”

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Do you have anything bigger, this is a big country!

xdwall on January 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM

“This will make a great replacement for Geithner.”

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Presidend Obama unveils his new “Tax the Rich” plan.

TimSer on January 26, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Can we get this on my coat of arms?

rightoption on January 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM

“This is for the horse you rode in on.”

Tennman on January 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We used it as a scale model to make one for you.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM

not you Tenn……should’ve put quotes.

Fighton03 on January 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM

“You’re all laid off now, you know that, don’t you?”

BOHICA!

Christien on January 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM

My first choice.

dogsoldier on January 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM

“…and I want one of these sent to each person on this list. Alphabetically, starting with ‘Palin’.”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM

“We knew you’d be speaking today so we brought this in to stir the poop you’ll be spreading”

Youngs98 on January 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM

“You call that thing a big screw? That isn’t a big screw. [whips out his copy of Obamacare] Now that’s a big screw”

Happy Nomad on January 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Sorry for the OT but No one is reporting this.

FLconservative on January 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Saw the link about it on Drudge earlier. Zero and/or his lawyer refused to attend the hearing. I sure hope he gets kicked off the ballot. It may happen in New Hampshire too.

Much has been written about this lately and some here on HA including nice links to writings by John Jay on the subject of citizenship.

It sure looks like the Emperor Zero is not a natural born citizen according to the real and original definition.

dogsoldier on January 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I’ve got a position opening up in my administration. With this and a copy of turbo tax, you would be the perfect replacement.

rightoption on January 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM

“I’m doin’ all of ya”

Schadenfreude on January 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Bishop on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello Cleveland!

TexasDan on January 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Speaking of class warfare, the aboriginal lefties have attacked the prime minister in Australia.

It’s coming here, just a matter of time.

PattyJ on January 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

What? You want us to solar power it?

percysunshine on January 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

(Caption)Is this shiny thing, for the Keystone Pipeline?
I know where I can stick this!

KOOLAID2 on January 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

“Every company I visit goes bankrupt or fires most of its employees within 6 months of a visit.”

albill on January 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

In other news….President Obama visited the new “Domestic Energy Museum” in Washington D.C.

Here, he and a “re-trained” oil-worker examine an auger bit.

The ex oil-worker explained “we actually used these to drill into the ground for oil….they’re now illegal to own, thank God….uh….I mean you.”

Tim_CA on January 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Thanks pal, It’s perfectly symbolic of my A game!

rightoption on January 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Obama is using envy and spite to win votes. According to Obama government’s spending is not out of control, it is just underfunded. So his great idea is to just bleed us all dry. We are all getting screwed.

SC.Charlie on January 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Overheard at the plant tour…

President Barack Obama: “I think that’s about the right size screw to use on those ignorant taxpayers!”

dominigan on January 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

This would make a really big slurpee machine, wouldn’t it?

TexasDan on January 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Obama: “What the…? I thought we shipped these jobs overseas!”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM

As we are trying to get a quick lunch, and then do some interviews, this is just a very brief synopsis of what happened today. Before the hearing started, the judge called the attorneys into his chambers and explained that he was going to enter a default judgment in their favor. Attorneys Hatfield and Irion requested to be able to present abbreviated versions of their arguments so that they would be on the record. At that point, Irion estimated he would need 20 minutes, Hatfield estimated he would need 30 minutes, and Taitz estimated she would need 2 hours.

Van Irion and Mark Hatfield made their arguments, and left. Taitz then presented her argument, calling several witnesses, until the judge asked her to make her closing statement. As her closing statement began, the judge asked if she was testifying, and, in an unconventional move, Taitz took the witness stand to testify. The judge finally asked her just to make her closing statement, which she did.

We believe that the default judgment automatically translates into the judge’s recommendation to the Sec. Of State being that Obama should not appear on the ballot in Georgia.

J_Crater on January 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM

“does it only screw forward or can it back up?”

E9RET on January 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

‘How long before we hit Middle Earth, Ramido?’

kilwil888 on January 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I have heard some radio outtakes of Obama’s smarmy campaign talk in Las Vegas about class warfare and his position on tax rates for the wealthy that thoroughly disgust me. He punctuates his snark with studied self-effacing laughs that reek of phoniness and his idolizers eat up the boilerplate like fools, themselves laughing on cue. Obama sickens me.

onlineanalyst on January 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM

J_Crater on January 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I hope this happens in all 57 states!

rightoption on January 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM

“So this is the actual TARP screw that the Tea Party has been whining about…?”

indianadol on January 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM

“Say hello to my lil’ friend……”

BobMbx on January 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM

“It’s the new Presidential Sit n’ Spin!”

PXCharon on January 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Obama: “And you say this will get all those hard to reach places that Q-tips miss? I mean, I have wax build-up that you wouldn’t believe.”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

whope wrote: Just, wow:In this week’s State of the Union, Barack Obama touted Ener1′s electric car batteries. Today, Ener1 filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. h/t redstate

whope on January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Say … wouldn’t that mean that a private equity firm would come in to inject the needed capital? (Or am I not understanding what a Bain would do?)

dboley on January 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM

No. we’re not going to change your energy source to a volt battery, we’re going with natural gas now.

Didn’t you listen to my speech, or do you need me to send the DOJ over here ?

>I cannot believe obama’s got better than a 50/50 chance to be re-elected. obama sickens me too and he’ll be skyrocketing my liquor money if he gets re-elected.

cougar on January 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

“That’s a mighty big screw, but we’re going to need one even larger for when I get re-elected so I can show my appreciation to the American public. You have 30 days to get the BIG screw done so it’s ready when my new law requiring all Americans to walk backward and bent over goes into effect.”

Wolfmoon on January 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM

“Barack Obama demonstrates, in no uncertain terms, what he plans to do to America when he is re-elected. He asked for this photo to be provided by his Media to the mouth breathing knuckle dragging Americans that still don’t get it”

Key West Reader on January 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM

PattyJ on January 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Yeah, it’s coming here. Did you see any news on Governor Walker’s State of the State address last night? People invited by the Dems were screeching – screeching – at him while he’s talking about civility. Yeah, as the Grinch said: “It’s practically here.”

dboley on January 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM

“Barack Obama poses next to a very shiny drill that will never be used in America. It cost $232M to produce it. He’s going to donate it to Chavez as a goodwill gesture at this year’s UN show”

Key West Reader on January 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

“You call that ‘big’? Have you seen Obamacare?

dboley on January 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

CAPTION:

We’ll need one of these screws for each voter: are these the biggest ones you have??

landlines on January 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Is this one big enough, Mr. President?

JSobon on January 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM

When your shift is over, first round of arugula’s are on me!

gash on January 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM

“Ohhhh, shiny, what’s it do?”

“OK, so let me get this straight, you and a bunch of other people come here Monday through Friday, you slide a card through something called a time clock . . . and then what?”

Sven Pook on January 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Obama: “Let me get this straight, Sarah Palin ordered how many of these…..and Governor Brewer said she needed only one???”

Rovin on January 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Please, sir, I want some work.

AngelRoark on January 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM

“Now you guarantee me that this conveyor can move enough lobster into the White House kitchen to keep Moochie off my back?”

slickwillie2001 on January 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Anyone see this today from Georgia?

The Post & Email asked, “What is your argument?”

Here it is: Barack Obama’s father was never a U.S. citizen. The Supreme Court, in Minor v. Happersett, defined “natural born Citizen” under the Constitution as “being born in this country with both parents being U.S. citizens at the time the candidate was born.” That’s “natural born Citizen;” that’s the Supreme Court’s definition; it’s never been overturned or challenged or questioned; therefore, Barack Obama is not qualified to be president by his own admission.

[...]
FLconservative on January 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM

What nonsense.
Minor v. Happersett does not define “natural born Citizen”!
Here is what it says:

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their [p168] parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts. It is sufficient for everything we have now to consider that all children born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction are themselves citizens.

Minor v. Happersett only says that it is sufficient to be born of citizen parents, not that it is necessary. This is a big difference!
Minor v. Happersett refers to disagreement as to whether other, weaker requirements may apply to being born a citizen, and intentionally sidesteps that matter as being irrelevant to the case at hand (women’s suffrage).

Btw, Thepostemail’s website is down, and the link doesn’t work.

topdog on January 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM

“I gotta git me one of these”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ultracon on January 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Caption:

“Yes, this is excactlactly what I had in mind for the country, but is it long enough to get me past november of 2012?”

jaydee_007 on January 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

“How much cash can you squeeze out of the ‘rich’ with this?”

MidWestFarmer on January 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM

“And this is large enough to screw the entire country? Or just the South East?”

“The entire country, Mr. President…”

JasperBallbaggins on January 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I’m sure we can offer a better caption than that.

“Concerned about the end result of the President’s visit to his workplace, a workman instinctively covers his ‘nads.”

malclave on January 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM

dogsoldier on January 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Wow, a hero and a thinker!

KeninCT on January 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Obama: “This is what we use to extract cash from the rich.”

Peon: “This is a precision tool.”

disa on January 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Obama: “And what do you call this device?”

Worker: “Uhm…we call it Obama Jr.”

Obama: *glaring* “And why’s that?”

Worker: “It bores the hell out of everything it comes into contact with.”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Obama: “Can this thing help my golf game?”

gash on January 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM

“this looks pretty hi-tech…lemme get the checkbook”

teejk on January 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Obama: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

Worker: We are so screwed.

simkeith on January 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The president shops for a wedding present for outgoing Congressman Barney Frank’s upcoming wedding.

“Yes, Sir, it is on the gift registry.”

Lily on January 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Obama: “Can you shrink this down some? I wanna use it as my game piece in my next Monopoly game with Soros, Geithner, Susstein, and Immelt. We use real companies you know, but the games never last that long because Soros always makes a run on the Banker and devalues the currency, and Geithner cheats on his property taxes.”

Left Coast Right Mind on January 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM