Quotes of the day

posted at 11:02 pm on January 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

“As a new member of Congress in the Reagan years — and I was an assistant secretary of state — Mr. Gingrich voted with the president regularly, but equally often spewed insulting rhetoric at Reagan, his top aides, and his policies to defeat Communism. Gingrich was voluble and certain in predicting that Reagan’s policies would fail, and in all of this he was dead wrong…

“Today it is fair to look back and ask who had it right: Gingrich, who backed away from and criticized Republican presidents, or those chief executives, who were making difficult and consequential decisions on national security. Bush on the surge and Reagan on the Soviet empire were tough, courageous — and right. Newt Gingrich in retrospect seems less the visionary than the politician who refused the party’s leader loyal support on grounds that history has proved were simply wrong.”

***

“Newt Gingrich’s'”work product’ in the Reagan years was and remains highly visible and on the historical record. Unlike Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich was not busy defensively claiming his independence and running from Reagan.

He never failed Ronald Reagan or the cause both believed in so passionately. Newt never wavered, and he always led. ‘Ronald Reagan is the only coherent revolutionary in an administration of accommodationist advisers,’ Gingrich is quoted as saying in Steven F. Hayward’s The Age of Reagan: The Conservative Counterrevolution 1980-1989.

“Whatever the status of Newt Gingrich’s advisers, it is crystal clear that in the narrowing choice between Gingrich and Mitt Romney, it is decidedly Gingrich whose ‘work product’ as a card-carrying member of the Reagan Revolution is repeatedly marked with the contributions of the type that landed him in Michael Evans book of photographs of the most important players of the Reagan era.”

***

“Lott said he was speaking out now because he worried about the future of his grandchildren. He said he’d long assumed Gingrich wouldn’t win the nomination. That changed with the former Speaker’s dominant victory Saturday in South Carolina–which made the prospect real…

“When asked whether Gingrich could win an election against Barack Obama, Lott was blunt.

‘I’m sure he wouldn’t, frankly,’ Lott said.”

***

“[I]t is quite unlikely that nominating Gingrich would result in a loss anywhere near the Dukakis loss in 1988, let alone the Mondale loss in 1984. Although campaigns and candidate certainly matter, post-WWII elections suggest that the incumbent party will generally lose when the economy is bad and win when it is good. The performances of the Dems in ’84 and ’88 are easily explained by economic factors. Currently, the economic climate does not favor Obama’s reelection. Accordingly, even if you think Gingrich would be a losing candidate, the odds of a blowout seem rather low…

“The point here is not to praise Newt or bury him. Rather, it is to note that if he should somehow become the GOP nominee it would not signal certain disaster in the general election or mark a fundamental shift in the nature of the party. Indeed, it might say nothing more than Republican voters looking at the political environment of 2012 and deciding — rightly or wrongly — that ‘abrasive loose cannon’ is a marginally better brand than ‘animatronic plutocrat.’

***

“Republican voters in South Carolina—and, I imagine across the country—are hungry for a candidate who can articulate a proudly conservative message and make an effective case against Barack Obama. Gingrich improvised a different stump speech at nearly every campaign stop—you never knew what to expect. Like a professor, he didn’t dumb down his stump speech to the same several, stale talking points. Many voters who attended as undecideds frequently came away impressed with Gingrich’s depth of knowledge. This goes against Presidential Campaigning 101, but it worked for Gingrich.

“Gingrich may not be like Paul Ryan or Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels in style, but he is in substance. In Aiken, his wonky presentation about health care reform nearly put Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s son Griffin, in attendance, to sleep. But it wowed the audience, who came away thinking Gingrich sounded presidential, reform-oriented, and authentic.”

***

“Tea Party voters want a small-government, anti-establishment Washington outsider. Gingrich fails on all three counts.

“Establishment Republicans want an electable candidate. Gingrich fails here, as well.

“Social conservatives want a candidate who reflects their family values. Um…

“So if Gingrich fails to satisfy any of these impulses, I’m left to assume that conservatives are simply out for a good time. They want to be entertained by a Gingrich-Obama slugfest in the general election debates, and they are willing to sacrifice everything — their credibility, their values and the White House — to sit in the Coliseum and watch a Christian get devoured by lions.

“Shame on us. The future of conservatism and the future of the country are bigger than debate-night hijinks. If we conservatives are willing to forgive Gingrich his transgressions, I’m not sure what separates us from liberals.”

***

“Look a little deeper, however, and you’ll find Gingrich’s got some significant advantages that should not be underestimated — and could put Obama on his heels in a general election.

“First, Gingrich can engage in all manner of off-the-cuff conversation that would create a sharp contrast with the President, who is likable but often seems like he cycles through policy talking points, then shifts gears to try to connect with people…

“Fourth, Gingrich has an amazing ability to rile up the Republican grass-roots against the financial, intellectual and political elites they believe are responsible for destroying America. Romney, who looks and talks and pays taxes like a privileged person, simply can’t do that. Nor can Obama, since many think he and the mainstream/elite media, whatever that is, are in lockstep…

“And, finally, Gingrich in general is much more cogent and confident than Romney in launching a sweeping, cultural indictment of where the nation is headed — not what Obama wants to hear.”

***

“In a world where words have meaning, Mitt Romney is not the ‘moderate’ in this race. He is the most conservative candidate still standing, with the possible exception of Rick Santorum, who is bad on illegal immigration. (Santorum voted in the Senate against even the voluntary use of E-Verify by employers, which means he doesn’t want to do anything about illegal immigration at all.)

“Romney is ‘moderate’ only in demeanor — which is just another word game. His positions are more conservative than Gingrich’s, but he doesn’t scare people like Gingrich does. Ronald Reagan and Jesse Helms were moderate in demeanor, too. No one would call them political moderates.

“Romney is the most electable candidate not only because it will be nearly impossible for the media to demonize this self-made Mormon square, devoted to his wife and church, but precisely because he is the most conservative candidate.

“Conservatism is an electable quality. Hotheaded arrogance is neither conservative nor attractive to voters.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

antisense on January 26, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I’d say I have a Seinfeld line for every occasion…and what the heck am I gonna do with all these muffin stumps?

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Stop whining, buddy. I’ll call you haters out on your nasty, personal attacks however and whenever I want. Understand? I don’t bow down to or take orders from the likes of you. You may think you can push others around, but that doesn’t work with me. Get used to it.

bluegill on January 26, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Um, you are about the hatin’est nutball here.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Look to the cookie Elaine. Look to the cookie. Seinfeld is a bit before my time, so I saw episodes online.

antisense on January 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Haha, another Ohio guy. Ummm we had a warm spell here of 80 all week. Heading into the 70′s by the weekend. ;) Ask Flor-duh. no lie. hee hee.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

JohnGalt23 on January 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM

But when will Drudge point out that Romney is spineless?

noneoftheabove on January 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I stopped watching news a few years ago. I hear people shrieking about Fox and how it is so biased (R). I just laugh.

The Texas shootings with Hasan- Shep literally said he didn’t want to say his name with regret. Last straw for me.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:19 AM

correction: it’s Faux News you wingnut. I made that up myself and every liberal on earth stole it and repeats it Ad nauseam.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I’ll bet all you Romney-bots (“$10,000″)* to name JUST ONE THING ROMNEY EVER DID FOR THE CONSERVATIVE CAUSE.

…JUST ONE !

*(a parody on Mitt’s favorite betting amount)

stenwin77 on January 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

EPIC hate going on over at DRUDGE for NEWT.
Will we see these kind of attacks on Romney after Newt is destroyed?
PappyD61 on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM

“Hate”? Drudge is a news aggregator and he’s doing a great job compiling stories which tend to deflate the puffed up Macy’s Day Parade cartoon character Newt. Speaking for myself, I really enjoyed Mark Shields column and this bit which did make me start my morning off with a nice belly laugh:

Barely two years later, after having been chosen Time magazine’s Man of the Year, Gingrich had plummeted in public esteem to where, in a CBS-New York Times poll, just 14 percent of voters had favorable personal feelings toward the speaker.

This prompted an apocryphal Washington exchange between a perplexed Gingrich and Dole. “Why do people take such an instant dislike to me?” asked a perplexed Gingrich, to whom Dole bluntly explained: “Because it saves them time.”

Buy Danish on January 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Bluegill can blow my exceptionally well endowed…intellect.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

DHChron
Not that dirty, shot christmas eve, to run some theives off just needs a wipe down. Now the ar needs a good cleaning.

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

antisense on January 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM

before your time, huh? Mine too but my father forced me at gun point to imbibe all the hilarity in his dvd box set. I love him for it. Thanks Pops!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Hey noneoftheabove, Technically Romney does have a spine and DOES fall under the classification of vertebrates, although it is an atrophied spine, it is STILL a spine.

bigmike on January 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I wonder if some of their animosity toward Gingrich is because they’re upset with him for taking Chris Wallace and Juan Williams to task.

Flora Duh on January 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I don’t think so. I believe that this is a conscious decision by Fox’s head guys: Ailes & O’Reilly.

Michelle Malkin was also on this morning. She doesn’t like anybody running (no surprise there), but she piled-on Newt and pretty much left Romney alone. That is what I’m seeing all over Fox.

Oh well, it just means that my favorite in the current field – Santorum – has a chance to rise to the top. I’d be happy to pull the lever for either Gingrich (mainly because he would be a conservative FIGHTER) and especially Santorum (because he is a more well-rounded conservative IMO).

KickandSwimMom on January 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:24 AM

That is me-the wing nut. I find it amusing to have another label added. I am taking a bow- ;)

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

now that’s why I registered at this site! Everyone’s got guns…my kinds of peops.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

“The disgrace that Romney was talking about was what had happened two years earlier when, in January 1997, Gingrich was reprimanded by the House and had to pay a fine for some ethics violation”

Ethics violation – Hmm.

“With the charges against Gingrich megaphoned in the press, Gingrich and Republicans were under intense pressure to end the ordeal. In January, 1997, Gingrich agreed to make a limited confession of wrongdoing in which he pleaded guilty to the previously unknown offense of failing to seek sufficiently detailed advice from a tax lawyer before proceeding with the course. (Gingrich had in fact sought advice from two such lawyers in relation to the course.) Gingrich also admitted that he had provided “inaccurate, incomplete, and unreliable” information to Ethics Committee investigators. That “inaccurate” information was Gingrich’s contention that the course was not political — a claim Cole and the committee did not accept, but the IRS later would.”

“But it did not stop there. Democrats tried to get the IRS to pursue charges against Newt, but after an [three year long] exhaustive investigation [by the IRS], Newt was vindicated:

It was a huge victory for Democrats. They had deeply wounded the Speaker. But they hadn’t brought him down. So, as Bonior suggested, they sought to push law enforcement to begin a criminal investigation of Gingrich….

The bottom line: Gingrich acted properly and violated no laws. There was no tax fraud scheme. Of course, by that time, Gingrich was out of office, widely presumed to be guilty of something, and his career in politics was (seemingly) over.”

This is what (Don’t talk about Bain or my income) Romny says should deny Gingrich the leadership.

davod on January 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Basil9
Grrrrrrrrrrrr! But I am a jets fan,thanks for the coach!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Buy Danish on January 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Dole was an outstanding presidnt.

katy the mean old lady on January 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Me and the boys have been up all morning settin’ up the beer kegs and gettin’ the flamethrower ready for the pig roast. Gonna get us a real fat one out yonder in ‘em woods.

Oh yeah, darn tootin’ right we are gettin’ the show started early for some debate-night hi-jinks.

Cletus

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Labels are the bees knees…call me funny man like in Boondocks Saints. FUNNY! FUNNY!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

A Jets Fan? I have to rethink my liking of you ;)

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I’m off. Have a great day everyone!

JonBGood on January 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Conopfor
There’s a gun handy in this household as well,I’m just to lazy to clean!
Hehe

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM

angrymike:I have a vented,Mossberg 500 pump .410,
for Partridge snuffing!

canopfor on January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

bigmike on January 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

an atrophied spine in sweet skinny jeans with gorgeous hair! Hands off my mittens

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I’m off. Have a great day everyone!

JonBGood on January 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

JonBGood:Have a great one—-:)

canopfor on January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Maybe your being funny but that sounds good to me!

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Bazil9
I live near cleveland, should I be a clowns fan?

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

JonBGood on January 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

You too Jon!

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM</blockquotangrymike:I have a vented,Mossberg 500 pump .410,
for Partridge snuffing!
canopfor on January 26, 2012 at 8:38 AMe>

I thought a .410 was perfect for rabbits, if they’re being run with beagles.

listens2glenn on January 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Canopfor
Got ya some good firepower, I want a 50, but gotta get back to work first.

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

The bottom dropping out for Newtie on Intrade; both Fox and Drudge have the long knives out.

Will Newtzilla survive? Bring on the debate.

TitularHead on January 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Who0 boy! I’m late and the thread already has over 935 posts.

I give up but, good mornin’ everyone! If little Owl is around I have a cup of coffee and some buttered toast for her.

Best laid plans… Waiting for a plumber as my dining room ceiling began dripping this morning. Arrrrgh! It’s always somethin’.

Fallon on January 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Lets just say that I have enough crap. Oddly enough, talked to an old friend today-she asked me who to vote for. I gave my opinion but was fair in that she needed to decide for herself- reverse labels.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

If I said I had a glock, twelve gauge, two 30-06′s, a 4-10 and two 22 pistols would you come by for tea? Too bad! We’re gonna go shoot something…I think there’s an occupy site somewhere around here.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I get my ccw Monday,woohoo, its starting to get crazy here. Last night not 8 miles away there was an attempted suicide by police. My girl lives in the sticks its getting better looking all the time.

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM

TitularHead on January 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I would hope if you want the Republican party to win in November, he survives. Otherwise, let’s just crown that pansy from Ma and be done with it, ensure 4 more of Obama. People are pissed, and I don’t see them taking much more. I do their blood pressures everyday and it’s very palatable

noneoftheabove on January 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

we can never have enough crap…I’m cremating all my crap with me so my greedy kids that don’t exist can’t get it.

you know I was kidding about the wingnut thing. One thing about me – I’m never serious unless I’m serious.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I’m *sure* Mitt “I Like Firing People” Romney knows what he’s talking about! (/S)
Tell me again: *how* high is unemployment in Florida?!

UNLEASH GINGRICH IN 2012!

Czar of Defenestration on January 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Never to late fallon, were having a gun discussion now. But bluegill started the morning off stupidly ,par for the coarse.

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Heh. Your moniker doesn’t fit you. You should be nicemike or something.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Come join us on the pig hunt. We can use an extra shot. And bring that beer appetite wit’ you. We got a lot to talk about before the big game tonight and all that debate-night hijinks to come. C.

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Will Newtzilla survive? Bring on the debate.

TitularHead on January 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

so now we’re letting the elite conservative media choose our candidates after the Old Media Guard finishes picking through their bones. Why oh why did I become a political junkie.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I got my doc to give to Newts campaign, major victory in my book.

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I keep meaning to get my FOID card. My dad had multiple gun but mom always has a 410 shotgun behind her bedroom door.

When my parents retired they would go pheasant hunting almost every day of the season. I got a Springer so hubby and son could go hunting, maybe I should join them…

Fallon on January 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I know, I was teasing you back. All good except for the visual of cremating your crap lol.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

you know I can legally shoot feral hogs from helicopters in Texas now :) Governor Perry did something right.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

hahahahahaha. No teasing back allowed! I’m very fragile

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Basil
When I leave the comforts of home, angry at what I see. Welfare president has got to go!
Then happy mike!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

…or multiple guns (he was a woodsman/outdoorsman/hunter/fisherman from Northern Wisconsin).

Must drink the coffee I make for it to actually do any good. *Duh*

Fallon on January 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Yup. If Limbaugh turns, I think I’m just gonna cash it all in for canned beans and bullets, lock the hatch, and say the hell w/ it.

TitularHead on January 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Sure you are. Fragike that is. I’m talking to guys with big guns and named angry to boot. ;)

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I understand. Call me angry bazil then. Humor helps.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Sure you are. Fragike fragile.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

O/T

If anyone is interested, the GA hearing on Obama’s ballot eligibility is being livestreamed here.

Flora Duh on January 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Oh yeah? Well Cletus here once shot a charging 400-pounder right between them evil beady eyes while doing 80 on a four-wheeler. And that hogzilla went down right as I swigged my moonshine right by my feet. We ate that pig for weeks. Pig oatmeal, pig soup, pig pancakes. Kept a tusk I wear ’round my neck as a memento.

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Angrybazil9
It does have a ring to it!;-)

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM

correction: very big guns with telescopic sights. Be afraid, be very afraid.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Of course. It’s Drudge’s fault that Newt is a confabulating sack of RINO.

Of course.

JohnGalt23 on January 26, 2012 at 8:21

Are you upset that Dr.Paul is in the tank…again? Here. Have a Kleenex. Pay attention. When a site trashes one candidate and lets the other one skate, that is called bias.

If Newt was so awful to President Reagan, why, then, did his sane son, Michael Reagan glowingly endorse Newt?

Think, Skippy. I know it’s difficult.

kingsjester on January 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

We have open season on coyote,s here. My girl has some property out see coyotes all the time. Never have my ar with me, my luck!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

RepubChica on January 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM

pig sanwich, pig kabbob, pig salad, pickled pig, roasted pig with pig beans, pig pudding, pig pie, spotted pick d!ck…

yummy!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

coyotes are out in force in TX…my husky was actually playing with one of em the other day – having a grand time.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

hahahahahaha. No teasing back allowed! I’m very fragile

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Let me suggest that you may be at the wrong place.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Well on to see what zero did dumb, bbl. ;-)

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Angrybazil9
It does have a ring to it!;-)

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Nah, doesn’t fit.

correction: very big guns with telescopic sights. Be afraid, be very afraid.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I am lol. I have a 9 mm. That is all.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Let me suggest that you may be at the wrong place.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

let me suggest I’m always in the wrong place…the wrong time always finds me too. Just my sh!tty luck.

fragility is a state of mind, my therapist told me – then I shot him. Humans taste like chicken.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Flora Duh on January 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM

G’morning! And thanks for the link. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if obama can’t get on the ticket there? lol

tinkerthinker on January 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM

EPIC hate going on over at DRUDGE for NEWT.

Will we see these kind of attacks on Romney after Newt is destroyed?

PappyD61 on January 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Drudge is trying to harpoon Newt before the debate tonight. I can’t even look at his site it has become so lopsided.

Also, strong bias for Romney for Fox & Friends. Doocy is completely in the tank for Romney, while Gretchen is trying to stay fair. Doocy opened the second hour today with a joke about Newt’s wanting a base on the moon by his second term. Then they went into the Abrams story about how Newt hates Reagan. The worst part was that they did not give the whole story nor did they give some of the positive stories put out by folks like Jeffrey Lord to balance it out. they just let it sit there. Pitiful.

KickandSwimMom on January 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Isn’t it sad? I had to wean myself away from several pro-Romney/hate-Newt biased shows/sites, especially Fox News. They are no longer fair and balanced. Fox has always harped on the msm unfairly supporting Obama, but they need to take the Romney log out of their own eye. Gretchen does seem to play the ‘fair’ card on occasion though. I think part of the Newt hatred by even the ‘so-called conservative’ (establishment slaves in many cases) media is because he’s not shy about calling them out right along with the msm for their bias.

As you stated KickandSwimMom, Fox giving just the Romney camp inspired negative spin while ignoring the facts is not acceptable. They’re so trying to influence this primary by blatantly supporting Romney and denigrating Newt, but what they’re actually doing is turning a big chunk (conservatives) of their audience away.

Looking down the endless primary road I can picture some different scenarios:

1. Newt amazingly survives the dishonest Romney/media machine and wins the nomination. True conservatives cheer, establishment moans and is cowered by the populist conservative uprising; Newt wins the presidency and the republic will be restored.

2. The dishonest Romney/media machine propels him to win the nomination. Establishment cheers, true conservatives moan; Obama will win a second term. Armaggedon. Third conservative party will form.

3. Brokered convention? Of course the establishment will nominate another rino. Armaggedon; refer to #2 above.

IndeCon on January 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I am lol. I have a 9 mm. That is all.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Shoot…inside 21 feet I’ll take you with my Bowie knife before you can get off a shot :)

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Humans taste like chicken.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I beg to differ. There is a reason its called “long pork”.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I am lol. I have a 9 mm. That is all.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Nothing wrong with a 9mm. Especially if it is a 9mm AR. Though, the 9mm Baby Eagle is pretty sweet too.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I beg to differ. There is a reason its called “long pork”.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Oh, I could show you some very long pork!

sorry, bad jokes are like chicken soup for my soul

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Ah, but beef stick is bigger, and lasts far longer than pork.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

How comforting. I wouldnt let you get that close though.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Who0 boy! I’m late and the thread already has over 935 posts.

Fallon on January 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Good Morning! I’m here but I have nothing to say this morning. Sorry to hear about your ceiling. It IS always something. My daughter missed the bus this morning and it’s a 40 mile drive round trip, and no place to stop for coffee!

Night Owl on January 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

How comforting. I wouldnt let you get that close though.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I don’t know…I’m a very handsome man, and charming! You’d hardly ever suspect I’m a serial killer unless I just told you ;)

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Ah, but beef stick is bigger, and lasts far longer than pork.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You’re sick! I’m gonna faux outrage the heck outta you beef stick perv!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Bazil
Get you a grip laser, awesome for home defence, and the cats love it to ;-)

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Anybody who advertises fragility is gonna’ get tested.
Anybody who is fragile and in the overnight thread is a masochist. Just helpin’ ya’ out.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Gooooood Moooooooooorning Vietnaaaaaaaaam!

Can anyone think of a good Robin Williams movie? I saw that one for sale for 28.95! So I shot it. Turns out Hastings has a no weapons policy…who’d a thunk?

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

DHChron
You are eather really funny or really crazy or a lot of both!
Hehe I think were related!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

bring it on…I think my fragility can withstand the cozmo onslaught ;)

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

DHChron
You are eather really funny or really crazy or a lot of both!
Hehe I think were related!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I’m both, and there was that crazy night with a hooker a few years back. She actually paid me cause I was so handsome, but if we’re related, it’s probably by shared awesomeness.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Angry- you must tell me about this laser one day. I have 4 cats inside and a stray that adopted me outside.

You and DHC have been a lot of fun. So much for the guy who was
ignored. Perhaps a ploy ;)

You guys take care.

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I think DHC can handle me. I don’t play on your side of the fence, so it is all good. Had fun fun with the guys here. They showed their sensitive side then talked guns :)

bazil9 on January 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

bring it on…I think my fragility can withstand the cozmo onslaught ;)

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

But you ain’t a nutball. If you are we appear to be the same flavor of nutball and I tend to not eat my own.

Y’all can keep the overnight thread weird. I was just checking in looking around for ALT. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings last night an wanted to make sure she was okay before her usual Thursday routine.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

You to Bazil
Not a ploy, rarely got many comments back. Figured it was a newbie thing.
Im out to, need nap up half the night.
See y’all on the other side!

angrymike on January 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Mitt Romney Sucks! Had to put that out there.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Newt Gingrich divorced his wife on her cancer bed, 9/11 was and inside job, Faux News lies, occupy the world man!

I know all these things, I am LibMan! I fly around with my rainbow cape eradicating racism everywhere, cause it is…everywhere. Bitter clingers beware! My tights are chafing, and there’s so many who don’t suffer from white guilt to kill. A liberals work is never done.

Faux news lies!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

“You’re now free to move about the country”

Those are magical words.

JPeterman on January 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Thanks for that. It’s a good thing to hear someone who appreciates the simple things that we have taken for granted in this country.

SlaveDog on January 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM

TSA roadblocks, both planned and current?

Planned military/police joint exercises in LA?

What BHO and Janet’s TSA will do in a BHO second term is not currently predictable, because it will be so “unprecedented” and “unexpected”.

Once Americans themselves are seen as the primary threat by Janet’s TSA, you can kiss “freedom to move” goodbye. I have little doubt that should BHO get a 2nd term we will see a system of travel tracking instituted.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

That’s the least of it…microchips my friend, microchips in our brains! Luckily the TSA like all government entities is completely incompetent. Yeaaaaaaaah!

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

That would be me, and I’d do it again.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I think it is prudent advice, delivered in a timely fashion. Things are much different here at HA.

Bmore on January 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Um, you are about the hatin’est nutball here.

cozmo on January 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Apparently its fine to be that way if you are a Romney worshiper. P.S. ALT’s feelings weren’t hurt.

Bmore on January 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Bmore on January 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Why does someone as rich as Romney run for president? Cause he loves his country? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! He and(insert any politicians name here) are malignant narcissists.

DHChron on January 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM

There is really nothing left but to get rid of Obama. Both Newt and Mitt are pro-amnesty stooges or could be. It’s hard to tell which one of them is lying about what, what’s clear is that their only goal is to find a position that will maximize their election chances. I have no confidence that either of them will do anything in particular once elected. They are both pathological liars. They are just not capable of hating America like Obama, so they can’t do the same amount of damage. May someone but Obama win.

And that’s my one and only comment for tonight.

Igor R. on January 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM