Audio: Jan Brewer on l’affaire tarmac

posted at 9:08 pm on January 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via the Mike Broomhead Show. You read the breathless pool report, now hear the breathless post-confrontation interview! Serious question: What did he think he was going to accomplish by confronting her this way? Her book is what it is, so he had three options. He could have ignored it because, really, who cares what she says about him ? If you’re reading something by Jan Brewer, odds are you’re already a Republican and you dislike O. Conversely, he could have turned on the charm and played it off as a misunderstanding. “Sorry you thought I wasn’t attentive in our Oval Office meeting; let’s meet again and clear the air.” Worst-case scenario is he wastes half an hour hearing her out, best-case scenario is he gets a Republican governor talking about what a productive meeting they had on border security.

The third option is to do what he apparently did — greet her by whining, which gives her an excuse to dump on him again and to advertise her book, sales of which are now bound to skyrocket. Very odd.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Very odd.

Now, I know you’ve been paying attention. This is not odd. This is not the least bit odd. This is Obama in a nutshell.

Jim Treacher on January 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’m going to take electrongod’s advice and cool it. Just discuss my point of view and not just go for the easy attack.
BedBug is turning over a new leaf.
It took two years to get in here. I don’t want to screw it up.
BedBug on January 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Sorry, I’m LATE to this thread. Anyway, welcome BedBug.

cozmo on January 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Do you think we will ever get a faster system for commenting ? The BedBug is a slow typist and add to that the refresh thing and it makes for a painful conversation.
Bmore on January 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

How much would the combined hardware & software for a functional ‘speech to text’ setup cost?
I’m at least as slow a typist as BedBug, and have thought about it, but never researched it.

listens2glenn on January 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

BedBug is turning over a new leaf.
It took two years to get in here. I don’t want to screw it up.

BedBug on January 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You can disagree without being hateful. I think most of us appreciate well thought out snark. I love Palin but still thought the comment about Tammy Faye Baker starter kit last night was funny.

arnold ziffel on January 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I

BedBug is turning over a new leaf.
It took two years to get in here. I don’t want to screw it up.
BedBug on January 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Sorry, I’m LATE to this thread. Anyway, welcome BedBug.
listens2glenn on January 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I like to second that welcome BedBug. I enjoy people with different takes on the issues, and a good debate always makes one better at explaining one’s ideas. Plus sometimes a different slant made within a great argument can sway me. Hang around and enjoy the crowd – it’s gonna get fun in a few months :-)

DoubleClutchin on January 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

He walked away from her while she was talking. Such a child is he.

petefrt on January 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Very odd.

Not odd at all. He can’t help it. I hope Gingrich and Romney are paying attention. Obama’s thin skin and extreme self-regard are his kryptonite.

NealK on January 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM

petefrt on January 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM

it’s dispicable….can you imagine the outrage from the lsm if jan walked away from dear leader as he was still talking…24.7 outrage

cmsinaz on January 26, 2012 at 5:53 AM

I hope Jan Brewer endorses Romney!

bluegill on January 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM

This is typical Obama, a very arrogant, pompous ass.

You remember those group shots with other world leaders or community groups or others where you see Obama blocking someone’s head by waving?

Well, he waves to signal the photographer and his people that he’s done, no more. I hear he won’t spend much time on it, no matter who the others are.

Adjoran on January 26, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Obama isn’t anywhere near as smart as his believers proclaim him to be. He’s a shallow man with a huge ego. I’m glad Brewer put him in his place.

zoyclem on January 26, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Obama is not the president of Arizona, Alabama, Texas,South Carolina,Louisiana,Kentucky, and several others that he has declared war upon!!This must be remedied in the next election or the nation is going to crumble under this dictator’s plan!!A landslide will show that the citizens of this nation are on to him!!

Marco on January 26, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Anyone else catch her interview with Greta Van Sustern? She really fried his bacon. Fun to watch!

Naturally Curly on January 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM

He should have smacked that finger down. You don’t point at the President of the United States, you drunken, stupid twit.

I would have put up a fist. President? Pffftt!! spit!!

askwhatif on January 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Narcissist.

Saltyron on January 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Notice that Obama read only an excerpt of her book–the only important part–the part about him. Not the “Arizona comeback,” actual conditions on the AZ/MX border, details of the drug violence in Mexico and its impact on AZ and the U.S. or any of the rest. To say that the man is egocentric is to imperil the appeal of understatement.

Barnestormer on January 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

BO, being the president, should be setting an example, which, in this instance, means being the bigger person, growing thicker skin, and NOT doing stuff like this or this right??? So who gets to smack THAT finger down?

roxi618 on January 27, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Now, where’d those 2 pics go??? Dangit, let me find them again.

roxi618 on January 27, 2012 at 4:24 AM