Pelosi: I know something about Gingrich that ensures he’ll never be president

posted at 10:40 pm on January 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler. You make the call: An ominous warning that John Sununu was right to fear an “October surprise” if Newt is the nominee or a brilliant bit of bluffing aimed at spooking conservatives into nominating a cold fish like Romney instead of Gingrich? If you’re a Mitt fan, the answer is clear — she knows something from having served on the ethics committee when Newt was reprimanded and it’s only a matter of time before it comes out. If you’re a Newt fan, the answer is also clear — this is a classic case of the left telling you who it really fears by trying to sink him before he can gain any more electoral momentum. And if you’re a febrile political junkie who loves to obsess over political mind games, the answer is equally clear — Pelosi does know something, and she also knows that attacking Gingrich publicly this way will rally conservatives behind him, so she’s happy to do it precisely because it’ll help Newt win, which is just what Democrats want. Hmmmmm.

Is this one of the reasons why so many of the Republicans who served with Gingrich in Congress seem lukewarm about him? According to CNN, if Newt wins Florida, veteran Republican strategists expect Boehner, McConnell, and other GOP leaders to start calling around to top donors and asking them not to donate to Newt. Exit quotation from Gingrich last month: “I want to thank Speaker Pelosi for what I regard an early Christmas gift… If she is suggesting that she is going to use material that she developed while she was on the ethics committee, then that is a fundamental violation of the rules of the House and I hope that members would immediately file charges against her the second she does it.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11

I find your faux outrage amusing…but typical.

right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM

love me some faux outrage. By the by, Mormons believe Joe Smith found golden tablets from God 100 years ago. 100 years does not a religion make I say – it’s gotta be 1000 before I believe it.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

right2bright

Your “history” lesson is a bit tilted.

Churchill gave his speech to a joint session of Congress in late December 1941, AFTER the attack on Pearl Harbor and AFTER the U.S. had already entered the War against both Japan and Germany.

And Manchester never wrote about Churchill and WWII. “The Last Lion” went up to the early thirties. “Wilderness Years” went up to 1940. The third volume was never completed due to Manchester’s late life medical problems.

Facts, son, facts!

Horace on January 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

First notice I place the name “Reid” as a byline, he is scheduled to finish the third of the trilogy…William Manchester died before completing the last volume…and I was only pointing it out as a way for you to get to know Churchill better, and to try to excuse from minimizing Churchill’s impact in WWII.

His speech cemented our alliance with Britain…he brought together Roosevelt and Stalin, to complete the alliance.
At the time of the speech, just days after our declaration of war, our congress was still divided…he removed that division, and if you don’t think his speech was not instrumental…than I,nor any historian, would convince you.
It was in response to you saying Churchill had nothing to do with defeating the enemy, Germany, when for years he was the one ringing the bell of crisis against Hitler…Chamberlain, ever the gentleman, and honorable, wanted to negotiate with Hitler…and that my friend is where the argument started.
Some want a gentleman to take us to war with Obama…and some want a mean nasty SOB to take us to war…I will take the mean and nasty SOB this time, the others have failed us lately…

right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I don’t know…right is right from the day it is “right”…I was posting about pretending to be offended, while I was attacking a disgusting post by one of their brethren…it would have been better served for them to tell their sister to take it down a notch, but I suppose they are actually supporting her.

right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

right on, right on. Why must some pretend to be offended? It’s so much darn work.

It was nice to see the word “faux” without news following it…geezus liberals are stoopid.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM

right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

what you done for me lately McCain/Romney? Nothing! biatches

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Horace,

You are, of course, entitled to your theology but you are not entitled to your generalization and unfounded claim that if anyone disagrees they have not read the Gospel of St. John and its history.

In the context of my post, I could have as easily quoted Shakespeare, “Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all”.

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM

God is judge and jury…man is only the perversion of such. We haveth not the ability or character to divine the soul. Portia! Thine arth the shiznit – wise and a great car.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I’ve not read the entire Gospel of John – what I remember was he was converted in jail and forgiveness was his hallmark thereafter. Christ by example…love, empathy, compassion. Or was that Paul? Biblical trivial pursuit is my worst game. Listen to my words! Not my facts.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I just thought it was amusing that you said you were not a bigot and then went on to make a derogatory comment about Romney’s religion. EVERYONE on here could tell what you were doing.

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM

If you think pointing out the truth of your faith is derogatory, that is not my problem…you are too sensitive.
Not believing in another faith is not bigotry…unless you are Mormon I guess.
And it was a dig at someone who embarrassed herself at posting one of the meanest and most derogatory comments regarding Christian’s that has ever been posted…far beyond anything an atheist has ever stated.
And you take umbrage at the counter attack, which was mild compared to what she had stated?
I find your faux outrage amusing…but typical. right2bright on January 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Sorry had to step away for a minute…

I am sorry I did not read what the other person said to you but I am not too sensitive at all. I discuss my religion with ANYONE at ANYTIME (just not here as this thread is not on religion). I just know that you do not know exactly whereof you speak so when you talk about the LDS faith you are just pulling quotes or things you have read without an understanding of their meaning. I would never attempt to tell a Catholic or Baptist or whomever what THEIR beliefs are…yet here on HA I see all the time posters telling Mormons what they believe… :o)

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Well, we can put this story to bed. Apparently, Romney’s campaign wasted no time in sending out a mass email hyping Pelosi’s claim. You can see Romney’s email at Legal Insurrection blog. Now, Pelosi is backing off her claims via legal insurrection blog:

Just as the Romney campaign was seeking to use Pelosi’s threat, Pelosi was backing off Pelosi’s office says she has no new dirt on ex-Speaker Newt Gingrich (h/t Weasel Zippers):

”The ‘something’ Leader Pelosi knows is that Newt Gingrich will not be President of the United States. She made that clear last night,” Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said in a statement….

But on Wednesday, Hammill repeated that all of the information from the investigation is in the public realm.

KickandSwimMom on January 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Well, well:

Pelosi’s office says she has no new dirt on Newt Gingrich
Nothingburger with a side of air fries and an empty glass to drink.
The only part of this “story” with less meat on it is Nancy’s face.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on January 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Pelosi Backtracks On Claim She “Knows Something” About Gingrich…

Flora Duh on January 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

“If she knows something, I have a simple challenge: Spit it out,” Gingrich said Wednesday on NBC’s “Today” show.

gotta love Newt’s spirit – come out swinging – that’s one tough amphibian.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

DHChron…lets keep it on topic but to correct you it was almost 200 years ago. :o)…also they did not come from God per se…it was an ancient record from those inhabitants that once lived here and ancestors of the Indians in the WI/MI/MN/OH area.

We now return back to regular programming of Pelosi…

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

true…it’s a hold over from college. My philosophy prof was always busting on the Mormons. I’m and equal opportunity religion critic though. I’m one of those “spiritual” guys who seeks a personal relationship with God, not one polluted by human ideas. It gets me laid more.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

DHChron…lets keep it on topic. We now return back to regular programming of Pelosi…

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:35 PM

right, sorry :) attention span and all.

Pelosi blows. That’s hard with a surgically implanted botox mask, but she manages. Oh, and Visa. Did I mention Visa? darn short term memory.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

haha A South Park type then on criticism…I can live with that. :o)
E.O.O. Equal Opportunity Offender haha

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

South Park 300 parody…maybe my favorite episode. Garrison and Xerxes scissoring, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

How far off topic can I get? Very my friends…very.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM

enjoy

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Neither would Abraham Lincoln.

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
What does that mean?

changer1701 on January 25, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Er the poster I quoted was talking about how bad, physically, Newt would look on a stage with Obama. I merely mentioned that Ab wasn’t much in the looks department either.

Why was this so confusing to you?

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I merely mentioned that Ab wasn’t much in the looks department either. Why was this so confusing to you?

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I’d do Romney before Gingrich. Can you blame me? That hair, those skinny jeans – what a dreamboat. This ain’t American Idol though, and none of these fools can sing and dance. I shudder to think the American public invests so much in physical appearance. Stinkin’ masses and their massive incompetence.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

This is Elementary childlike vindictive behavior w/ secrets. What a clown this woman is.

freerider on January 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Yes, I know, Rubio is one of my Senators. I also know that Governor Romney has former aides of Charlie “RINO” Crist working for him. Crist is loathed among Republicans in Florida and is now resorted to doing cheesy TV commericals for a cheesy law firm. That Romney would hire them doesn’t instill much confidence in his “conservative” cred imho.

Flora Duh on January 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yup. This is problematic. There are organizations and then there are organizations, and Mitt’s looks like a retread of 2008.

Portia46 on January 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM

freerider on January 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Clown is a dem insult. It’s invariably followed by a circus metaphor involving every GOP nominee. not. inventive. Let us mull another euphemism for the high priestess of douchebaggery.

DHChron on January 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I know something about Pelosi that ensures she’ll never get my vote or my campaign contributions.

Pelosi simply Cannot Understand Normal Thinking. Nor can any of her leftist comrades.

CatchAll on January 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

If Pelosi were a decent woman, she would say what she knows. But she’s not.

Based on strange South Carolinian reactions to the ABC story on Newt’s open marriage, more dirt on Newt from Pelosi would probably HELP him during the primaries.

scotash on January 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

You know…I don’t know if anyone has said this yet, but she looks like she’s crazy.

Oh, that’s been said? Sorry.

But she is kind of acting like some freshman chick who’s gaga about a junior on the football team. She even sounds like one.

LtT26 on January 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I don’t know about Gingrich, but I know something about the current proprietors of this formerly relevant website, and that is this: It has become a pathetic den of apologists for Mittens and clueless cocktail establishment GOP RINOS. I rarely come here anymore, and after having to suffer through this garbage article, I think it is getting to be time for me to get away permanently.

I hope you fail, AP, in your quest to cover for the establishment GOP swine, and garner support Romney as the nominee — I know of course that you don’t really want him to win in November.

Pathetic and sad.

Hazard on January 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM

g2825m on January 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I have found that those who behave in that manner are simply parroting what they hear from their pastor, and if educated, they would soften their rhetoric. Then we have the despicable bigots. There is nothing you can do for them.

csdeven on January 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Do not forget for even a moment that the IRS exonerated Mr. Gingrich 100% on the charges the House brought against him and for which it fined him.

{^_^}