Open thread: Hey, who’s up for an hour-long lecture on “fairness”? Update: Full text added; Update: Text of Daniels’s rebuttal added

posted at 8:25 pm on January 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET all across the dial. I promise you this: No matter how bad you think this will be, it’ll be even worse. Don’t believe me? Go read Matt Welch’s Frankenstein State of the Union, stitched together from the remains of more than five decades of SOTU addresses. Ninety percent of these speeches is boilerplate that gets repeated by Democratic and Republican presidents alike year after tedious year. The only reason to watch is that other 10 percent.

And I think you can guess what that’ll be about.

“We can either settle for a country where a shrinking number of people do really well, while a growing number of Americans barely get by,” Mr. Obama says in brief excerpts of the speech released by the White House on Tuesday evening. “Or we can restore an economy where everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share and everyone plays by the same set of rules.”

By putting a significant accent on taxes, where his differences with Congressional Republicans have always been pronounced, Mr. Obama renews the pressure on them to extend once again a temporary payroll tax break for most working Americans — and also amplifies the attention that has been focused all week on the wealth of Mitt Romney, one of his leading challengers, who has disclosed that he pays less than 15 percent on income of more than $20 million a year.

For weeks, Mr. Obama and his aides have been signaling that the theme of Tuesday’s speech, scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. Eastern Time, would be that the richest Americans should shoulder more of the nation’s tax burden, that the middle class should have a shot at prosperity and that the disadvantaged should be provided social scaffolding to help them climb upward.

In case you’re a prominent Democrat and that’s too complicated for you to follow, the White House also issued a set of talking points for the speech today. Meanwhile, Warren Buffett’s secretary will be onhand for the obligatory Skutnik moment when he calls for a new “Buffett Rule” on taxes (soon to become the “Romney Rule” if Mitt is the nominee). The Buffett Rule won’t fix entitlements and it won’t erase our deficits, but it might get The One re-elected — it’s popular, after all — and of course that’s what really matters. (His own top economic advisors warned him long ago that our current deficits are unsustainable, but oh well.) Apparently he’s also planning to say “I intend to fight obstruction with action” to show that he’s a can-do man of action, so if you liked those unconstitutional recess appointments earlier this month, good news: There may be more illegal power grabs to come.

Meanwhile, via Boehner’s office, a few snippets from Mitch Daniels’s rebuttal:

The extremism that stifles the development of homegrown energy, or cancels a perfectly safe pipeline that would employ tens of thousands, or jacks up consumer utility bills for no improvement in either human health or world temperature, is a pro-poverty policy. It must be replaced by a passionate pro-growth approach that breaks all ties and calls all close ones in favor of private sector jobs that restore opportunity for all and generate the public revenues to pay our bills…

It’s not fair and it’s not true for the President to attack Republicans in Congress as obstacles on these questions. They and they alone have passed bills to reduce borrowing, reform entitlements, and encourage new job creation, only to be shot down nearly time and again by the President and his Democrat Senate allies…

No feature of the Obama Presidency has been sadder than its constant efforts to divide us, to curry favor with some Americans by castigating others. As in previous moments of national danger, we Americans are all in the same boat. If we drift, quarreling and paralyzed, over a Niagara of debt, we will all suffer, regardless of income, race, gender, or other category. If we fail to shift to a pro-jobs, pro-growth economic policy, there will never be enough public revenue to pay for our safety net, national security, or whatever size government we decide to have.

Let the Daniels 2012 speculation begin! Here’s your handy dandy Hot Air/Townhall widget for livetweeting plus a sneak preview of tonight’s address that was released a few days ago — by Obama’s campaign, not by the White House. Like Krauthammer says, “This is all about reelection. This is not a State of the Union, it’s the state of the presidency.” Exit question: Will he attack the Supreme Court again tonight or is it some other group’s turn to be demagogued?

Update: National Journal has the text of O’s speech as prepared for delivery. Key bit:

Tax reform should follow the Buffett rule: If you make more than $1 million a year, you should not pay less than 30 percent in taxes. And my Republican friend Tom Coburn is right: Washington should stop subsidizing millionaires. In fact, if you’re earning a million dollars a year, you shouldn’t get special tax subsidies or deductions. On the other hand, if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98 percent of American families, your taxes shouldn’t go up. You’re the ones struggling with rising costs and stagnant wages. You’re the ones who need relief.

Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense.

We don’t begrudge financial success in this country. We admire it. When Americans talk about folks like me paying my fair share of taxes, it’s not because they envy the rich. It’s because they understand that when I get tax breaks I don’t need and the country can’t afford, it either adds to the deficit, or somebody else has to make up the difference – like a senior on a fixed income; or a student trying to get through school; or a family trying to make ends meet. That’s not right. Americans know it’s not right. They know that this generation’s success is only possible because past generations felt a responsibility to each other, and to their country’s future, and they know our way of life will only endure if we feel that same sense of shared responsibility. That’s how we’ll reduce our deficit. That’s an America built to last.

Update: And here’s Daniels’s rebuttal, again as prepared for delivery.

A second view, which I admit some Republicans also seem to hold, is that we Americans are no longer up to the job of self-government. We can’t do the simple math that proves the unaffordability of today’s safety net programs, or all the government we now have. We will fall for the con job that says we can just plow ahead and someone else will pick up the tab. We will allow ourselves to be pitted one against the other, blaming our neighbor for troubles worldwide trends or our own government has caused.

2012 must be the year we prove the doubters wrong. The year we strike out boldly not merely to avert national bankruptcy but to say to a new generation that America is still the world’s premier land of opportunity. Republicans will speak for those who believe in the dignity and capacity of the individual citizen; who believe that government is meant to serve the people rather than supervise them; who trust Americans enough to tell them the plain truth about the fix we are in, and to lay before them a specific, credible program of change big enough to meet the emergency we are facing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 18 19 20 21 22

When I find you, when I find you your skull will become a hood ornament for my truck, your bones will be spokes on one of my Harleys.

Bishop on January 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Would make a better trailer hitch cover.

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Who is this man with ZERO charisma on my screen?

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

You’re in front of the mirror stupid! Can’t you see the bib?

KOOLAID2 on January 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

But all the “True Conservatives” here are bashing it for not having red meat.

I’m tired of both the left and right turning our politics into American f’n Idol.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Your reading comprehension needs work.
BTW didn’t you say your farewell earlier, back so soon?

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

But all the “True Conservatives” here are bashing it for not having red meat.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM

It’s not wrong to want someone who has the ability to engage their audience.

I want the whole package – ideas, a little red meat, charisma, fire in the belly and confidence.

gophergirl on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Bishop on January 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Is that any way to talk to a fellow Charger fan…?

Seven Percent Solution on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hail the great emperor of a America for another great speech!

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Rubio defends Romney.

Or he is a God damn RINO Gingbots?

ConservativeLaw on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

gophergirl on January 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Wonky doesn’t =beta.
My husband is wonky…and a former US Marine.
Trust me-he ain’t no Beta.
My guess is that Jindal isn’t one either.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I stopped hitting girls as a little kid, when I discovered it didn’t actually make them like you. Introducing Ken to the magic of ObamaCare dental coverage just wouldn’t be sporting.

Bishop on January 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Easy there, patriot. Have a plate of freedom fries and call it a night.

KeninCT on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

And that makes it all okay? Don’t you paint yourselves as the family values party? So much for that.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Wow, that was a complete non sequitur. Quickly, what does vehemently disagreeing with your political opponent’s view of the world and plan for the future of this country have to do with “family values” or any other descriptor/policy position you wish to apply? We’re the party of smaller government and more freedom, not the statist solutions and collectivist wet dreams of the Democratic Socialists.

Let me take a guess, your internet vocab consists of “Obama is great,” “conservatives sure are hateful,” “aren’t you folks supposed to be the ‘family values’ party,” and “Obama is awesome.”

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You True Conservatives have shown yourself to be a bunch of Dkos trolls.

Go F yourself.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I enjoyed it! Guess this means this isn’t for you!

So, like, you know, go somewhere else.

Alana on January 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You know, like, you got some real winners here. A brain trust. Bravo. Like, right, Alana?
Priceless.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Bachmann was great on Greta’s show.

FloatingRock on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Rubio defends Romney.

Or he is a God damn RINO Gingbots?

ConservativeLaw on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

he didn’t defend romney, he said romney isn’t crist.

considering crist left the GOP, i’d say rubio is right. at least romney is still (nominally) an “R”

pamplonajack on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Who is this man with ZERO charisma on my screen?

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It’s the anti-Newt, although I don’t know if you’re referring to the Republican anti-Newt or the Democratic anti-Newt.

Gladtobehere on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

You’re in front of the mirror stupid! Can’t you see the bib?

KOOLAID2 on January 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Keep in mind, this is not a liberal at all, just a sockpuppet, or someone having lots of fun, drunk tonight.

But you are great!

Schadenfreude on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Pusillanimous turd.

KingGold on January 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I look at it as a fox guarding the hen house. You would have to have your nose up the Republican Party’s hind quarter in order to call me a Pusillanimous turd. What has the Republican Party done lately? They wouldn’t have a majority in the house had it not been for the Tea Party yet they kick them aside.

CTSherman on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

A quiet voice crying out in the wilderness, or in this case, an empty hall, Daniels just became our nominee for 2012. That speech was a masterpiece.
MaxMBJ on January 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

B..but…he’s BORING!!!!

Lord of the Wings on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Can’t watch. Playing with my pussies.
*I have 2 cats and a kitteh*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Is this you?

Yosef on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Bishop on January 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Are you going to put a red light in it, so it really lites up.

RickB on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I thought Daniels was excellent.It was nice to hear the truth from a confident source. Refreshing to see that one does not have to shout and emote to get the message across.

sandee on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Obama’s state of the union speech next year will be even better.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM

If Jugeared Jesus gives a SOTU speech next year, it’ll be in his pajamas in front of the bathroom mirror… So sad.

hillbillyjim on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Schadenfreude on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Schadenfreude
Beat part of this SOTU speech, the sockpuppets.

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Priceless.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Silly girl.

I have a master’s degree, and graduated Summa Cum Laude from a major university, and I’m Phi Beta Kappa.

And old enough to be your mother.

Alana on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I am stunned tht Uhhhhbama didn’t offer a prayer for Mark Kirk, who won Obama’s seat.

herm2416 on January 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Everyone predicted his whole speech yesterday, and knew he wouldn’t.

KOOLAID2 on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

See you guys later. I’m going to say quits to politics for awhile, a long long while.

Hopefully Romney gets the nomination. If not, I’ll vote for the eventual GOP nominee in November, but as an Independent for the first time. Today is the day I came to an epiphany that I don’t really belong in the modern conservative movement. I couldn’t cheer and grunt along with the audience when Newt gave his tirade at the beginning of the CNN debate. It just didn’t feel right. All I could remember was Newt’s very own inquisition in the late 1990s. Yet the audience cheered for him and saw no hypocrisy, no dissonance.

Just took a walk outside and realized politics is sh!t, and all of us are pawns to this heaping pile. I have my own life to live.

haner on January 20, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Translation: I just lost my job as a paid Romney shill.

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Better transparency than you will EVER get from Obozo

WryTrvllr on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Beat=Best

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

If anyone is wondering where Obama got his phony professorial cadence and intonation during teleprompter readings find a copy of The Paper Chase (1973) where John Houseman plays Harvard Law professor. It was a popular TV show and movie about the time Dinkhead was in school. Obama plays John Houseman.

kenny on January 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

This is what real state propaganda looks like folks.

JPeterman on January 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Truer words were never spoken.

onlineanalyst on January 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Peasants

The establishment picks daniels to give the state of the union rebuttal and like lemmings no questions are asked why him.

It’s because their boy romneycare is looking done and they are setting us up for the next rino to take his place.

If the republican establishment tried as hard to beat obamasatan instead of conservatives, we would beat obama by 20 points.

Stop accepting the establishment narrative of what daniels says. Ask questions like WHY DANIELS. WHY NOT PALIN, DEMINT, LEE etc.

Danielvito on January 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Obama speech reminded me of Herbert Hoover proclaiming good times are right around the corner in 1929.

America is back!”

If unemployment at a real 10%+, and a tanked housing market, and staggering national debt, and a fiat currency, and bankrupt entitlement programs, and bloated government, and stagnant jobs prospects is “back”, then gravity has been cancelled and and Obama is a unicorn.

Skittles to follow.

profitsbeard on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Jugeared Jesus .

hillbillyjim on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

LOL

Cleombrotus on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I didn’t watch the speech, preferring a firewall instead–but I’ve scanned many of the comments here. I’m fully in tune with the visceral disgust many feel for this Great Pretender.

Can you imagine living the life of a total fraud? From time to time you hear about prominent people, coaches or business leaders perhaps, who faked their resumes and got away with it for a good number of years. But when they’re found out it’s the end of their careers. It seems to me we have the greatest fraud of them all here (does he represent the greatest fraud in American history?)–a deception fully supported by media propagandists (they’re not analysts or reporters after all).

One of the lines this fellow parrots from time to time is a reference to “our brave men and women in the military.” I just absolutely cringe when I hear that. What hard leftist actually appreciates and endorses the military? They simply don’t. He’s just living a terrible lie, going through the motions of pretending to be a president (“Hey, how did I end up here anyway?”). It has to come to an end at some point; one tragic four-year mistake is all we need.

Allendundit on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Need I remind folks that he won Indiana with 60% of the vote as Obama carried it

Lord of the Wings on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Cain’s up.

ElectricPhase on January 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Cain is taking questions at this moment. He actually gave a rebuttal to the SOTU speech!! Great. I took as many notes as possible, will post some later.

bluefox on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This is what real state propaganda looks like folks.

JPeterman on January 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM

He makes Pravda shine.

Schadenfreude on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This is what real state propaganda looks like folks.

JPeterman on January 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM

And sounds like, don’t forget.

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

It’s not wrong to want someone who has the ability to engage their audience.

gophergirl on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Can’t think of but one person.

marinetbryant on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hail the great emperor of a America for another great speech!

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You b*ttkisser!

Gladtobehere on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I thought something had gone wrong with my system here when the screen went blank on the local MSM affiliate.

Then I noticed that it was just Little Mitchie Daniels giving his rebuttal speech.

“Sorry, Mitchie, didn’t see you down there.”

Sort of a combination of Forest Gump, Bert (of Bert and Ernie fame) and Tom Thumb. (of P.T. Barnum fame)

And this is Captain America? Or, more accurately, Mighty Mouse, come to save the GOP.

Might work – would put Obama and the MSM moderator to sleep during any debates. About half the viewers, too.

“No” to the Hoosier.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Romney is on Hannity smacking around Obummer right now!

Roymunson on January 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Takin’ a break for a little while…

… See ‘ya all directly!

Seven Percent Solution on January 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

CTSherman on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I was calling Gingrich a pusillanimous turd for defending entitlement growth while our party’s trying to recover after the demagoguery of the Ryan budget. I’m sorry I didn’t say it all that clearly.

That, of course, doesn’t mean I think kindly of the fact that you’re essentially prejudging a person who has had a spectacular conservative record just because of the people urging him to get in.

KingGold on January 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Easy there, patriot. Have a plate of freedom fries and call it a night.

KeninCT on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Now that everyone’s making good wine, the french switch to malbec. What WILL you folk in CT do?

WryTrvllr on January 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Only if he can prove he has pancreatic cancer by tomorrow.

Night Owl on January 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM

4th stage.

Tim_CA on January 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Ha. I thought maybe I went over the line, but now you’re worse than me!

Night Owl on January 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lord of the Wings on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

eh. New Jersey voted for Christie, but he’d lose New Jersey in a presidential election against obama. GOvernors are different races because there aren’t national implications

pamplonajack on January 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lord of the Wings on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That’s great but he isn’t very inspiring IMO.

Pawlenty was a good Governor and he won during the 2008 election which was very impressive. He proved not to be a good Presidential candidate.

gophergirl on January 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM

he didn’t defend romney, he said romney isn’t crist.

pamplonajack on January 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM

That’s defending Romney, friend.

KingGold on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Hail the great emperor of a America for another great speech!

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I am with ya…
4 more year….!!!!
Gotta love technology….
The teleprompter has saved this country…
ATMs….
Not so much…..

Electrongod on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

pamplonajack on January 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Indiana’s not in play the way it is. If Daniels was hypothetically the nominee the only difference would be that he’d win it by 20 instead of 10 with Romney or Gingrich.

LukeinNE on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Danielvito on January 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Tinfoil hat is a little too tight there.

Palin isn’t even an elected party member. I’m sure Demint like all sensible person would decline a rebuttal. SOTU rebuttals are brutal, they always make the person doing it look bad, since you’re talking to a camera in an empty room on a speech that was written in advance.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

ANYBODY THAT DOESN”T ENDORES NEWT IS A RAMPAGING RINO!!!1

1punchWill on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You don’t win the battle of ideas with lackluster speakers like Daniels.

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Lackluster is a high compliment for this performance. After viewing it, I don’t know that I’d want Daniels coming out and giving my son’s little league team a let’s go get ‘em talk (Or, in his speech pattern, “Let us go get them, boys”). As I said before, in picking Daniels for this message in this so important year, the RNC and Priebus need a nuclear enema. What a complete failure.

TXUS on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Lord of the Wings on January 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Ummm ok, what is this, the electability argument again???? I’m not sure your point is clear so instead of alluding to it, just come out and say it.

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Priceless.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Silly girl.

And old enough to be your mother.

Alana on January 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Not quite, babe. Clearly a waste of higher education.
Isn’t that weirdo Petunia a kappa too? Funny.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Even Krauthammer agrees this was a good speech.

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM

TXUS

Daniels is “lackluster?”

Maybe Big Momma should flip the comb-over to the side and polish that little, bitty noggin again.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Rubio defends Romney.

Or he is a God damn RINO Gingbots?

ConservativeLaw on January 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

He is merely stating Romney is not Crist. What is most telling is that Rubio will not endorse Romney–even after Romney helped him get elected. What does that tell you?

KickandSwimMom on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Romney is wearing A LOT of makeup on Hannity’s show. Dude, tone it down you look orange.

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Speakeasy

Lord of the Wings is saying that Little Mitchie Daniels could be elected President of Indiana.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

TXUS on January 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

His cadence and speech pattern was Midwestern.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM
He’s getting tips from Crist.

Rose on January 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

So he is Crist.

RickB on January 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Psst
Horace you here?

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Who would win a cage match between Daniels, Jindal and Cantor? A combined 337 pounds of spindly conservatism duking it out. It would kill on pay per view.

KeninCT on January 24, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Your man BHO is the first president to wear shoulder pads with any jacket.

155 pounds of reed thin clueless mendacity.

Have you seen his manly bowling form? Impressive.

Physicality is not something he compare well on at all, try again.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

“Mitt Romney is no Charlie Crist. Romney is a conservative. and he was one of the first national Republican leaders to endorse me. He came to Florida, campaigned hard for me, and made a real difference in my race.“ -Rubio

Spin, spin away… spin, spin away ye Newtbots.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Romney = DESPERATE

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

“Personally, I never cared much for Hoosiers either.” ~ name that quote or at least the movie

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

His cadence and speech pattern was Midwestern.

haner on January 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

You forgot also dull, boring and uninspiring.

But he’s learned not to get to fired-up. Big Momma and her tendency to “take off” and all that.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

lol Hannity serving up softballs what a shock

DBear on January 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

The bad news: Obama will be re-elected

The good news: GOP will have the senate and house with a few additional conservative faces in the senate. By 2014 they could have 55, 56 in the senate and make Obama’s last 2 years uber lame duck.

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Not quite, babe. Clearly a waste of higher education.
Isn’t that weirdo Petunia a kappa too? Funny.

BedBug on January 24, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Waste of higher education now, too? Because I used the slang “like”?

Weren’t you the one talking about hatefulness and all?

Alana on January 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

was that a real interview or Romney just getting handed his attack orders?

DBear on January 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM

haner on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Of course Romney would campaign for Rubio. He’s as big an establishment hack you can find.

promachus on January 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Does anyone else feel that his eyes are pure unadulterated intensely evil ?

burrata on January 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Sometimes that Bammie, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about Bammie, he’s got…lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eye. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be livin’.

slickwillie2001 on January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

If the RNC wanted to showcase a successful R Governor to rebut the SOTU, what would’ve been wrong with Chris Christie? Or, Susana Martinez from New Mexico? Or, oh no, Jan Brewer from AZ? No, they give us Reader Boy, who can finish sentences really well. As I said before, the RNC needs a nuclear enema.

TXUS on January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

was that a real interview or Romney just getting handed his attack orders?

DBear on January 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM

He’s been ordered back to headquarters for reprogramming. However, they had to have a field team meet up with him to install a patch to hold him over until the Geek Squad and install a new OS.

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Bmore

Fine. Raisin’ hell and spreading discontent as always.

Speakeasy: Lived in St. Louis for six years. There the term “Hoosier” is used as a synonym for…uh…er….hill williams.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

and = can

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Horace
You can always have the sons send a demo out to an old acquaintance of mine. You can google him to see who he is.
Tony Ferguson
VP A&R at Interscope
10900 WILSHIRE BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90024-6501

My understanding is Tony is also now involved over MI http://www.mi.edu/ and has possibly taken his VP title under A&M Records.
The industry changes a lot. Both labels are basically the same group or were.

A very good bloke, great at handling young bands. Just a thought.
I can’t give you his phone # its his private line, sorry.

Bmore on January 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Some of you should feel privilege he is your president. You don’t even deserve him

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) woo-whee…lolololololololololololololololol…(catching my breath)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) woo-whee…lolololololololololololololololol…(catching my breath)….rotfrotfrotfrotf…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) woo-whee…lolololololololololololololololol…(catching my breath)….rotfrotfrotfrotf…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) woo-whee…lolololololololololololololololol…(catching my breath)….rotfrotfrotfrotf…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (gasp) woo-whee…lolololololololololololololololol…(catching my breath)….rotfrotfrotfrotf…

GrannyDee on January 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

*snort* gigalol

S. D. on January 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Didnt watch it.

Obama repulses me, Daniels bores me to death.

Neither is worth my time anymore.

Norwegian on January 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Romney = DESPERATE

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

liberal4life = PSYCHO TROLL

Gladtobehere on January 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Speakeasy

What is that odd “whirring” sound whenever Romney moves his head from side to side?

I why do his lips sometimes quit moving, but the voice continues for a few more words?

Just odd.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

slickwillie2001 on January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Gawd, I love that film. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on January 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Hey, who’s up for an hour-long lecture on “fairness”?

Aw rats, missed it.

Kenosha Kid on January 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Johnny Five is alive!

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Bmore

Thank you.

Very kind and gracious of you. Would expect nothing less than an admirer of the noble and honorable, Robert E. Lee.

Will pass it on. Thanks again.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

liberal4life on January 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM

GrannyDee on January 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

*snort* gigalol

S. D. on January 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hehehehehehe…wheeze…heeheeheeheeheeh…..etc

annoyinglittletwerp on January 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

CTSherman on January 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

KingGold on January 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Not pre-judging him, but the people backing him.

CTSherman on January 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Obama, judging by the absolute disconnect with reality in his speech, is running for the Uber-Rooster of Cloud Cuckooland.

profitsbeard on January 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I watched both speeches. Daniels’ wasn’t exactly a stemwinder, but he made Obama’s speech look like an episode of Sesame Street.

Obama’s speech is a reminder that he is the Fifth Column. By God, I will vote and organize against him if Alf jumps in late and secures the GOP nomination.

The Count on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

There the term “Hoosier” is used as a synonym for…uh…er….hill williams.

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hill Williams are they the snooty ones with indoor plumbing.

RickB on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

155 pounds of reed thin clueless mendacity.

Have you seen his manly bowling form? Impressive.

Physicality is not something he compare well on at all, try again.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Don’t forget the mommy jeans and that he throws like a girlie-man.

hillbillyjim on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Speakeasy on January 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Is this like the episode of ST:NG where Data gets an emotion chip?

Gladtobehere on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I tried watching SOTU 3 different times. Couldn’t do it. That guy just turns my stomach.

CycloneCDB on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Run, Mitch, run!

Punchenko on January 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Horace on January 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

St.L City or County?

annoyinglittletwerp on January 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The bad news: Obama will be re-elected

angryed on January 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Which is meaningless since Obama would continue circumventing Congress through executive orders.

Doughboy on January 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM