Open thread: The nastiest debate yet?

posted at 8:39 pm on January 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET on NBC. Said Newt today of Romney’s panic, “If you’ve been campaigning for six years and you begin to see it slip away, you get desperate, and when you get desperate you say almost anything. And I think tonight’s debate will probably stretch the barrier of almost anything.” There’s all the reason you need to watch. Meanwhile, brand new from PPP:

PPP’s first post-South Carolina poll in Florida finds Newt Gingrich with a small lead. He’s at 38% to 33% for Mitt Romney, 13% for Rick Santorum, and 10% for Ron Paul…

If Rick Santorum drops out between now and next Tuesday, Gingrich will be the beneficiary. His voters prefer Gingrich over Romney 50-23, and in a field where he’s no longer a candidate Newt’s lead expands to 43-36…

Newt is drawing out new voters. With the 11% of the electorate that didn’t vote in the 2008 primary, he leads 40-30. Meanwhile Romney is having trouble holding onto the folks who voted for him in 2008. 37% are supporting someone else this time, with 19% of them moving toward Gingrich. This was a big problem for Romney in Iowa as well- if he could just hold onto the folks who supported him last time he’d be winning easily. But he doesn’t inspire a passionate enough following to keep folks in the fold.

Sixteen percent say they’ve already voted and, as expected, Romney leads among them — but only by a margin of 43/40, which is much narrower than analysts expected. Unless something dramatic happens this week, Gingrich should have no trouble overcoming that next Tuesday, especially if Santorum quits. (Imagine the frantic phone calls of encouragement Santorum is getting from establishment bigwigs right now.) The lingering question: How exactly did Newt Gingrich’s comeback become some sort of victory for tea partiers? Isn’t he, as James Delingpole puts it, a “rent-seeking DC insider who profited from the taxpayer via Fannie Mae and who recently attacked Mitt Romney’s record at Bain from the left”? More from Michael Crowley:

Newt has inarguably lived the good life of an Establishment man. As House Speaker he made no serious effort to take on the culture of Washington. Instead, he oversaw an expanded alliance between K Street lobbyists and congressional Republicans. And after he left Congress–purged by his colleagues, not for threatening their interests but for botching the politics of Bill Clinton’s impeachment–he settled comfortably into a life of lucrative speaking and influence-peddling…

[H]e favors huge tax cuts–probably the Establishment’s top priority. He wants to cut regulations, slash entitlements, and kill off ObamaCare–all sure fire applause lines at the American Enterprise Institute. True, his radical plan to rein in “activist judges” has drawn withering reviews from some certifiable Establishment men. But that’s not enough to explain the strong opposition to him in the sitting rooms of McLean, Virginia, which has become to the Republican Establishment what Georgetown once was to the Democratic elite (and where, incidentally, Newt himself lives). The bottom line is that Gingrich has more in common with Ross Douthat than with Ross Perot.

To the extent Newt threatens the Establishment, it’s because of his electability–or lack thereof. The GOP’s mandarins see Gingrich’s nomination as a sure way to blow their chance of deposing Barack Obama. They see Gingrich as the political equivalent of a Fukushima nuclear plant worker, with polls showing him to be lethally irradiated by his negative approval ratings.

All true. But wait — aren’t tea partiers actually more likely than other GOP sub-groups to compromise on ideology in hopes of defeating Obama? In theory, if Romney’s the most electable candidate, they should be grudgingly breaking towards him right now in the interest of beating O, not away from him. What gives? The answer, I think, lies in this nugget from Jonah Goldberg about Romney: “Politics is about persuasion and he’s simply not persuasive. I’m rapidly losing confidence that as a general election candidate he would be able to win over the crucial voters he would need to seal the deal.” That is to say, I think the base is increasingly convinced that Romney’s not appreciably more electable than Gingrich is. It’s not that Newt is looking better than he used to, it’s that Romney looks more wooden and dismal the more you’re exposed to him, which bodes ill for the general. If there’s no great electability disparity between them, why not gamble on the guy who at least has a mostly conservative record and who relishes throwing roundhouses at the left?

If that’s what’s happening then Romney’s new strategy of going harshly negative makes sense. He can’t sell himself, but maybe he can sell voters on the idea that Gingrich is a sure loser against O. There’s never really been an argument for Romney, after all, just an argument that there’s no viable Not Romney in the field. He’s got eight days to make the case. Here’s the Hot Air/Townhall Twitter widget plus a livefeed from NBC of the debate. And in case you’re wondering, no, Marco Rubio won’t be endorsing in the primary. Given how often he’s been touted as a potential Romney VP, that’s the best evidence yet of how much trouble Mitt’s in down in Florida. Exit question from Timothy Carney, who’s looking over the Freddie Mac contract that Gingrich’s camp just released: If Newt was merely a historian for them, why was he hired by their chief lobbyist?

Update: A brand new ad from Team Romney attacking his opponent’s “anti-establishment” image: Newt Gingrich, Washington insider.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 17 18 19

Romney is such a weenie! He’s like one of those ” I know you are, but what am I?” jerks when he debates. God help us if he becomes the nominee. The democrats will eat him alive! No wonder the democrats want him – it’s a win, win for the dems even if by some fluke Romney would win the election. He’d be such a wimp when he can’t even beat John McCain in a primary.

mozalf on January 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Badger40 on January 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

While there are much, much, much better reasons to support Mitt, welcome to the winning team just the same :-)

MJBrutus on January 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Willard has this entitlement mentality to the Presidency

social-justice on January 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM

The nastiest debate yet?

How about bizarre?

lynncgb on January 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

The sad thing is that there are people here who still haven’t gotten of Gov. Jindal’s speech in answer to Obama’s first SOTU. I know it doesn’t make sense, but you would be amazed at how often it comes up.

Cindy Munford on January 24, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Largely because every media reporter and writer still includes mention of it in every story about Jindal.

Once he decides – - if he decides – to run, I think he will be able to easily shake that off, with a couple of great debate performances. Not his time yet. He would be a great VP pick this year…he could remind everyone how abysmal Obama’s treatment of the Gulf Coast has been….among other things.

Priscilla on January 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

MJBrutus on January 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM

He’s not going to get rid of the cancer in this country.
He’s not going to make the waves that need to happen to stop all the govt waste.
I’m sure he’ll probably keep parts of ObamaCare bcs somehow he thinks something needs to be done about ‘poor pathetic uninsured Americans’.
I’m pretty sure he’ll ZERO about getting rid of SS & Medicare.
I’m pretty sure he’ll do nothing toward getting rid of all the bloated useless federal agencies like the DOE, EPA, USDA, FDA, USFS, etc.
I’m pretty sure states will still try bringing home the bacon for their constituents.
I’m pretty sure he won’t get rid of all these welfare programs.
I’m pretty sure he’ll keep farm subsidies.
I’m pretty sure he won’t be the vocal champion of the 10th Amendment.
I’m pretty sure he won’t be insisting the Federal Government return back to the Constitutional ordained powers & try & force it to do nothing but that.
I’m pretty sure he’ll let the Fed continue to tell states how to run their medical insurance companies, whilst letting car insurance companies fly in the face of that.
I’m pretty sure in a nutshell that he won’t be making ANY major moves to keep America from going over the cliff.
He won’t be making any hard right turns to save us.
He’ll only be taking his foot a little off the accelerator.
But we’re still going down.
So congratulating me on joining the team of “We’re still going to keep destroying America-Just Slower” does not make me feel good.
It’s the wolf smiling at the flock of sheep saying, “If you turn your head the other way, I’ll only eat your enemies.”

Badger40 on January 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Willard has this entitlement mentality to the Presidency

social-justice on January 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I disagree with that…I think his stiff, impersonal way is just him – and because of his looks and his wealth, that is the assumption. It is very obvious how hard he works to be outgoing, but I think he is introverted by nature, and not a very good actor (like Obama). I’ve never been put off by it, but I understand why so many people are.

What I can’t understand is why some people are put off by Romney’s reserve, but are fine with Newt’s childish emotionalism and public displays of ego. I think the latter is far more dangerous in a president.

Priscilla on January 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Badger40 on January 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I hear you and I feel the same way. We need someone to come in and radically change course and cut this bloated government. Slowing down on our way to the cliff seems useless. I was even considering voting for Ron Paul for just this reason if only he could see the Islamic threat right in front of him.

Dollayo on January 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Or how about this analogy:
One is presented with two piles of $hit, whilst their hands around bound behind their back, and the presenter is asking them to choose which one they would like to eat: dog $hit or horse $hit.
OF course, a sane person would choose neither.
But the presenters grows angry & insists if you don’t choose, they’ll choose, bcs you’re going to be forced to eat one of them.
So meekly,the prisoner picks the horse $hit.
Bcs that smells better than the dog $hit.

Badger40 on January 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Priscilla on January 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM

because adult supervision and behavior is not what they want in a POTUS. They want retribution against the other party and they want it NOW!

Bradky on January 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Has Romney ever sat down with Queen nancy before to stop the plight of global warming?

tomas on January 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Dollayo on January 24, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Me too.

Badger40 on January 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Late to the game, but I thought the winner last night was Santorum. The problem with Santorum is that he’s not giving applause lines–hitting the visceral issues. Call it what you like, but you need red meat to fire up your supporters and neither Santorum nor Romney are able to do that.

I watched Romney in amazement. He stuttered, lobbed crass, disjointed and inaccurate accusations at Newt. Newt responded calmly and with some facts and I’m fairly certain he could have responded with more. I do intend to go to his web site today to get more details because Mitt was looked frustrated and desperate and no at all presidential. We cannot have a candidate who attacks Obama like Jessie Ventura wrote his talking points. It doesn’t seem to bother Romney how many times he’s been corrected about his lies, he continues to spew them. And he’s still unable to respond succinctly to the Bain attacks which are going to be big in the general. Why is that? And harping on Newt for $32,000 a year on a government contract while Romney INVESTS and makes a kazillion on Freddy and Fanny? What was that attack on “historian”? Essentially that is what I’d assume Newt’s advise was based on: an historical knowledge of the law and its politics and how Fanny and Freddy should work. A nonpoint and incredibly childish.

Finally, how does Mitt think he’s going to win Florida by attacking Medicare Part D? Seriously? And I listened to Romney last week (week before?) say he was going to deport all illegal aliens and attack Newt for making a case against sending grandpa back to Guadamala. Could that be a flip we heard last night? I also heard Romney tell us that the housing market needed to correct itself. Last night he did another flop.

The charge about the ethics committee “fine” was incredible. Just incredible. There was no fine. It was a witch hunt, and as regards the House Republicans? They elected Dennie Hassert for goodness sake, who was as corrupt as Nancy. (never forget the land deal) I’ve seen no evidence that Gingrich used his position as Speaker to make investments and buy land using inside knowledge. And these Republicans ushered in the Democrat lite Congress which oversaw the busting of the balanced budget Newt fought for. I’m thinking the Republicans who opposed Newt wanted their goodies back.

Oh, and Newt also made overtures to Ron Paul; so, he positioned himself to reach out to the Hispanic vote, the Medicare vote, and the Ron Paul supporters. Romney did not attack like a statesman or even a skilled debater. I don’t think he’s capable of turning the Obama onslaught back on Obama.

Santorum got the oil question just right. He got the housing question just right. He got the Cuba question just right. I wish he could learn to explain conservative philosophy in sixty seconds.

And I listened to the evaluation from the Fox and Friends crew this morning. They brought on Marc Thiessen and I usually like his evaluations but this time he and Brian were so very obvious in their Romney support, they apparently didn’t see the stuttering and falsehoods and lack of debate points Mitt didn’t score.

Romney was never my first choice, but now his weaknesses are being revealed at every turn. I think he’ll be eviscerated in the general because he’s not articulate and fights like a 13-year old when he’s cornered.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

So, I watched like forty-five minutes of that debate last night from about 9:15-10:00, and it was miserably boring. Judging from the posts on the HA main page, it doesn’t look like much of note happened. Was the rest of it a snooze-fest too?

Lawdawg86 on January 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

r keller on January 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Did you see Coulter on that show? She was absolutely frantic; nearly screaming. I think she’s losing it. Somebody get her on some meds.

predator on January 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Yup…I like Ann on a lot of issues, but in this? I can’t get my head around her supporting Hillary Clinton over the Republican nominee in the last election. And did anyone else notice that Mitt Romney actually tried to identify himself as a “conservative” last night? That’s a first.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Maybe this is old news, I just got to the computer and am not watching the debate. I just wanted to note that Ann Coulter nearly had a hysterical breakdown tonight on O’Reilly concerning Gingrich. She was shrill, angry, desperate and pathetic. I was really annoyed. Her shilling for Romney was disgusting. “He’s the most conservative man in race right now!” LOL!

Look, I’m not anti-Romney, but these people are losing it!!

JAM on January 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM

One wonderful thing about this primary race is, for me at least- it’s doing a great job of separating the wheat from the chaff. I don’t care how many books she’s sold, that little tirade showed for what she is- a phony.

kg598301 on January 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I’m not saying it’s over yet.

Dollayo on January 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I agree. It’s a long process.

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Newt responded calmly…..

CALMY? lol Yeah, he responded CALMLY with that blank “What the 4ell just happened” look that went on for an eternity! lol When Neutron Newt can attack a moderator who cannot interject himself into the discussion, Neutron Newt does perfectly fine. But Neutron Newt collapses into a quivering mass when he has to face someone that can fight back. He’s a coward as his history of infidelities, ethics violations, and lying proves.

I am waiting for the Neutron Newt worshipers to try and defend his devastating loss of words last night. They will try and justify his obvious melt down…..and when they do, I’ll call it Gingrich’s “Dear in the headlights” moment because they are so dreamy eyed in love with that corrupt scumbag, that when they write their love letters to him, they start off with…

Dear Newt,….

Bwahahahaha!

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Dear Newt,….

Bwahahahaha!

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Is Jessie Ventura your debate coach also? This, folks, is exactly how Mitt debated last night…and disjoined, circular sophism isn’t going to make it in the general. Neither is name calling. 13 year old taunts is no subsititute for anything.

BTW, I think Newt was counting to 10. Mitt Romney used the same evil genius which prompted him to make Newt into a mortal enemy in Iowa to fan the flames last night. He’s the one who started this and he’s the smug little rich boy who’s going to have to explain his investments in Freddy and Fanny. And the story about “I inhereted nothing” is going to get explored big time. I had no idea his father died broke and took Mitt out of the will.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Oh, and another thing, CSeven, I’ve never supported ANY candidate with the kind of ferver you describe. Unlike you, I’m very aware of Newt’s failings and strengths, as I am of every other candidate. I’ve never been a big Romney fan because I’m a conservative, but was preparing to support him if he were the nominee. I’ve pointed out Newt’s weaknesses, Perry’s weaknesses, Santorum’s—and no one here has come in droves with some kind of bizaro shark-feeding-fest as if questioning Romney were an attack on your young.

I read an article yesterday about how badly Romney’s team is handling the press and how extreme his followers are. You people are not helping your candidate.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM

BTW, I think Newt was counting to 10.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Awwwwwww……Neutron Newt was only counting to ten?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Your “DEAR in the headlights” moment. lol

Your DEAR Neutron Newt was caught in the headlights last night. And the Romney train barreled right over him!

Expect more of this…..Neutron Newt can debate those whom are muzzled. Those that can respond, not so much.

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Good talking point. I wonder if the Newt picked up on that gem.

timberline on January 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Good talking point. I wonder if the Newt picked up on that gem.

timberline on January 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Oh pretty please Neutron Newt! PLEASE attack the wealthy again!

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

You people are not helping your candidate.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Exactly how many people do you think read Hot Air? Do you realize that 10′s of millions of Americans will vote this year?

Additionally, how many people vote against a candidate because one of the supporters pi$$ them off? ANYONE who can be manipulated into a vote based on outside stimuli certainly does not value their vote.

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM

As people speak of the “establishment” out there, I would like to tell you there is an “establishment” media that Allah is a part of that likes to push this meme that Romney is this wooden or unrelatable or too whatever! This establishment is made up of journalists/bloggers that support Gingrich calling him the “Tea Party” candidate or the “conservative” candidate which is utterly ridiculous. Gingrich has been on the wrong side of the Tea Party ideas in sooooo many instances it is neck-breaking to even claim him as the TP candidate.

Romney is fine and will do well in the next debate as well showing he is the leader with steadiness, ACTUAL Executive experience, and a LONG a history of turning troubled businesses, Olympics, and Govt’s around. We do not need a DEBATER leading our country we need someone that has a level head and character. That man is Romney.

Many on this site are so caught up in rah-rah politics more attributable what you would see in a high school election campaign.

g2825m on January 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Bradky on January 24, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Actually, I don’t want any “adult” supervision. This is America. I’m a adult. And I hate the government “supervising” me and my life and my personal decisions. Are you saying that Mitt, like Obama, believes he needs to ‘supervise’ our lives…calmly supervise. A tyrant is a tyrant and right now we need a tyrant slayer—like William Wallace.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM

THIS. Where have our conservative values gone?

Newt Gingrich is a serial adulterer. That is a fact. While he has denied that he asked his second wife for an “open marriage” arrangement, he has not denied that he carried on an affair with his second wife while married to his first and with his third wife while married to the second.

When Bill Clinton was discovered to have sullied his office by the indulgence of his appetites, his enablers argued that it was “just sex” and not otherwise important. After all, they said, everyone lies about sex. Conservatives argued that that was not morally acceptable and condemned Clinton’s moral failures. They were right.

It was not then and is not now about sexual moral failure. It is not about sex at all, and it is not about adultery. It is about cheating. It is about lying. It is about integrity.

If we do not demand integrity of our candidates, what does that say about us? What does it say about us that we now endorse the idea that the end of defeating Barak Obama justifies the means of supporting one whose character falls below our norms of respectability?

g2825m on January 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Actually those of us who didn’t see Romney leading the fight for freedom have had this problem with Romney for a long, long time. Even while we were being told no one but Mitt had a chance because of his organization, his money, etc. etc. Why do you think this entire year has been spent exaining the not-Romney candidate? I’ve tried very hard to be inspired by him but he doesn’t inspire…and he can just as much a snot as Newt. Worse, in fact, because he has no wit. And I’ve heard his talking points and stump speech and seen his teleprompter and now I’m very, very worried.

Santorum would be 10X better.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Lawdawg86 on January 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

The debate here at Hot Gas was much more interesting than the snooze-fest which was supposed to be the main event. You’ve got 19 pages and counting of no-holds-barred, bloodcurdling, hair-pulling, flip-flopping, kneecapping, backstabbing, hand-to-hand commentary.”The Nastiest Debate Yet?” refers to what happened here last night, and the primaries aren’t even over yet. Even I’m getting a little tired of it, and I enjoy a good political fight. I do predict more nastiness to come at Hot Gas that’ll make the debates between the candidates look like child’s play. Stay tuned for further developments.

Gladtobehere on January 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM

And how many people do you think hone their arguments, learn their facts, talk to their families, to store clerks, to people standing in lines at the store, to co-workers and walk precincts with enthusiasm? And send money.

And do you have ANY idea how deep the anger was against Obama because of his filthy army of liars and name callers who went after Palin and her children? That settled very deep within the gut and was a big part of the impetus that got me to Tea Party rallies and become part of the roar that elected an historic number of Republicans in 2010. You Romney people are out calling names, belittling anyone who disagrees with you, up to and including mocking Jesus, the Shroud of Turin, pastors. THAT’s exactly the kind of thing that makes folks start thinking, “we’ll just have to try and stop the tyranny in the Congress.” Romney will pull in as many people as McCain did BEFORE he brought in Sarah Palin. Unlike you folks who think insulting possible supporters is no big thing, some of us know that one strong, enthusiastic supporter can bring in 50 votes.

Mitt is not inspiring; cannot ennunciate conservative ideas and is lamentably slow on the up-take. He needs every ounce of enthusiasm he can get and his followers are out making as many long-term enemies as they can on the internet.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Santorum would be 10X better.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Portia…
Go to his website. mittromney.com and see ALL the speeches he has given at events NOT these contrived 30-second debate zingers that are built MORE for the MEDIA than actually seeing a candidate in a candid environment.

This is from one of MANY people that have seen in him person said this but who has heard all this stiff, impersonal media tripe:
And on this day, with this crowd, it worked. This was how Romney connected.
“I always had viewed him as a very stiff, pretty impersonal candidate. But I will tell you, I’m impressed,” said a roundtable guest, Lori Holste, 52, who works in economic development. “He had a lot of the right answers we’re looking for. There was a lot of eye contact. . . . He spoke to us by speaking our names. I felt like I was on the same level as him.”

g2825m on January 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Portia,
Do NOT lump all Romney supporters in like that as there are many of us that will and can have a vigorous debate and not call people names or make a mockery of sacred things. You also have to be honest that Romney backers do not have your accusation cornered as there are many belittling comments on here and plenty directed at us, conservatives, that back Romney. We are called Mittbots, Romneybots, and plenty of other remarks meant to besmirch us and yet we are just as conservative as any on here…maybe more…but because we back a person some disagree with the vitriol comes out. Childish.

I do not like it when it comes from our supporters either. :o)

g2825m on January 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Ruiner on January 24, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Nice rant. But you are somewhat correct.

What I think you conveniently ignore is that TEA Party conservatives are hopping from candidate to candidate hoping that somehow the GOP will come to its senses. TEA Party conservatives WILL leave, but are looking for a way to salvage the GOP. If Republicans can’t appreciate this, then well… I don’t know what to say.

Quite frankly, NONE of the candidates in the lead are truly conservative. The correctly conservative thing to do would be to separate from the GOP and form a third party to represent conservative interests and let the GOP die in the dustbin of history. (Read up on the Whigs to learn how history seems to be repeating itself.)

Is this what you believe conservatives should do?

dominigan on January 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Do you realize that 10′s of millions of Americans will vote this year?

Exactly how many people do you think read Hot Air?

csdeven on January 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM

You, about 5,000 posters…which probably means 50,000 readers (based on the trampling that took place on the last open registration)…and uh let’s see my 300+ FB friends (Conservatives, Moderates, and yes liberals) who are benefitted by me posting links to a lot of the threads here…and I get plenty of feed back…18 months ago many of them were in the dark…no longer.

5,000 posters X 300 friends = 1,500,000 intitial contacts and then there are friends of friends and the whole 6 degrees of separation thing…just saying.

RedLizard64 on January 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Mittwit romney committed political suicide when he became the old guard, blue blood, country club republican establishment. He abdicated his integrity.

tom daschle concerned on January 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Keep in mind everybody that’s reading posts from this guy he’s been making numerous bigoted attacks on Romney’s religious for at least a week or so, he’s obviously motivated by something other than a drive for conservative purism. Stay far away from bigots like this.

Ruiner on January 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

g2825m on January 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thank you! I shall. I mentioned more than once that I thought he did well in some cases; he does not do well in unscripted challenges though and that worries me. His team is either not preparing him or is feeling a bit too secure. But the personal attacks have got to stop and he would do much better against anyone in a debate if he were more precise. His attack mode is jarring.

Portia46 on January 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM

RINO Romney looked and sounded like a sniveling little snot-nosed spoiled brat with his attacks on Gingrich. “He took my white house away!?!” If one wasn’t looking at the TV screen, you coulda swore you were listening to Obastard!?!

Colatteral Damage on January 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Romney is the class president/jock who everyone hated in high school. Yes, we prefer him over the smart-alek Obama, but it won’t be a fair fight: it will be Romney versus Obama and David Axelrod. And while Barry does the rope-a-dope, the ax-man will be landing punches on Mitt left and right.

No, the voters are not certain that Newt can win… but they are becoming increasingly certain that Mitt will lose – and at least he’ll go down swinging. Seeing Barry with a bloodied lip and two black-eyes is better than watching gloat over Mitt in a 10-count.

Colony14 on January 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM