VA Governor endorses Romney

posted at 9:15 am on January 20, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Newt Gingrich claimed the South as his native land in Monday’s debate, but so far it’s a Northeasterner who’s racking up the endorsements of southern governors.  Today, Virginia’s Bob McDonnell joined South Carolina’s Nikki Haley as endorsers of Mitt Romney.  McDonnell will also join Romney and Haley on the campaign trail:

Gov. Bob McDonnell this morning endorsed Mitt Romney’s bid for the Republican presidential nomination, calling him a “results-oriented conservative” who can appeal to Democrats and independents.

McDonnell, making his choice known on the eve of the hotly contested South Carolina primary, said on CNBC’s Squawkbox that he will tell voters there that Romney has the best chance to beat President Barack Obama in November.

“My message will be if you want to win the race in November, vote for Mitt Romney,” McDonnell said. “He can win Democrats and independents to our cause.”

McDonnell is in New York City this morning for a state-related economic development meeting, but will fly to South Carolina this afternoon to join Romney, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and others at a rally in Charleston. He will travel to Greenville with Romney for a campaign event tonight and stay for a Saturday morning event before returning to Richmond.

The Times-Dispatch considers this an inevitable choice by McDonnell.  With Perry out of the race, Romney is the last governor standing, and since McDonnell helms the Republican Governors Association at the moment, gubernatorial experience weighs heavily on his choices.  McDonnell has said as much publicly, advising voters to look for a candidate with state-level executive experience, and Perry’s exit leaves McDonnell only one opportunity to take his own advice.

Not that Romney will mind much that it took a default to get McDonnell’s endorsement.  With Gingrich gaining on him, Romney needs all of the high-profile endorsements he can gather, especially in the South.  McDonnell had been popular among conservatives when running for office in 2009, along with Chris Christie in the unusual off-year cycle.  McDonnell has a quieter approach than Christie but has governed more conservatively.  He has used his veto to sharply restrict state funding for abortions, and his proposal to end the state’s monopoly on liquor stores has more libertarian-minded conservatives cheering as well.

How much will this help in South Carolina?  It comes a little late in the primary schedule for it to have a lot of impact, but McDonnell may have more impact in Florida.  I’d expect to see a lot of him next week as Romney tries to get his campaign either back on track or heading for the home stretch with a big win in the Sunshine State. McDonnell might also be a consideration for Romney as a running mate in the general election, if Romney manages to win the nomination, as a man who could help attract conservatives without overshadowing the top of the ticket.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I will equate anyone who immediately casts aside a good, reliable conservative politician like McDonnell as a ‘hack’, just for endorsing Romney, as nutballs. Because those are people too wrapped up in Romney Derangement Syndrome.

I mean, Ed even listed the logical rationale for McDonnell to choose Romney over the other candidates.

Lets evaluate and try again.

Either you and others, are too stupid to see that Romney will lose against obama, and that the base’s interest are NOT being represented by the likes of Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, etc who seem to be the exact same people to think that Romney is the “most electable” or you are a blind Romney supporter-pick one

Romney is despised by the base, wins one liberal state where he resides (NH) and suddenly he’s awesome and inevitable? Ummmm, no.

I question people’s Conservative, such as Haley and McDonnell if they are supporting Romney. Didn’t the VA GOP change the rules at the last minute to get other candidates off the ballot? Oh yeah. Isn’t that called disenfranchisement? Oh yeah.

If you want to lose against obama, and are interested in the GOP becoming a third party relic, keep pushing Romney

M_J_S on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Let’s see…South Carolinians are know for moral values and military backgrounds.

Why are they voting for a serial cheater who’s a chicken hawk? I don’t get it.

rubberneck on January 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM

When someone ask for forgivness and repent, not only God forgives them, but most honest God fearing people will also forgive… See how easy that was…

Shain1611 on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Santorum is the only real candidate choice besides Romney and I don’t believe Santorum would beat Obama. I believe Romney can.

I can’t vote for Newt in the primaries. Look, the guy was cheating on his fist wife with his second wife. He was cheating on his second wife with his third wife. He got caught in a, uhm, compromising position in the Speaker’s office with his third wife. The guy is willing to carry out a deception aimed at those closest to him, he would have no problem deceiving us. But I would hold my nose and vote for him in the general against Obama as getting rid of Obama is the primary focus.

I’m currently in the Romney camp.

crosspatch on January 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM

This election needs to be about BHO, not colorful Newt, who is already down 11 point in polls vs Obama.

anotherJoe on January 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Lets evaluate and try again.

M_J_S on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Only stupid people who don’t understand value would write that.

You wanna’ try again?

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

M_J_S on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

No, they didn’t.

We’ve been through this a million times.

BacaDog on January 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I’m currently in the Romney camp.

crosspatch on January 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Let’s see, first of all Newt ahs asked for forgivness, Romeny hasn’t…

Shain1611 on January 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Those are the oddest remarks, aren’t they?

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Cindy Munford

Is this what you’re looking for? Not totally clear about your question:

The film’s producer, Barry Bennett, a former consultant to a super PAC that supports Gov. Rick Perry of Texas, said he came up with the idea himself.
Mr. Bennett said he had bought an “opposition research book” on Mr. Romney compiled by the staff of a Republican rival during the 2008 campaign and had found its contents “stunning.”
“David Axelrod,” he said, referring to Mr. Obama’s strategist, “is going to have a heyday with this, and Republicans need to know this story before we nominate this guy.”
He said he had commissioned Jason Killian Meath, an advertising executive and freelance filmmaker, to direct the movie. Mr. Meath worked on the Romney campaign in 2008 as an associate of Stuart Stevens, who is Mr. Romney’s strategist.
Mr. Bennett said he paid the film’s entire cost, $40,000, from his own pocket; it was never an official project of the pro-Perry group, Make Us Great Again. He said had he never showed it to the pro-Perry group, which he left in October.
But people with knowledge of the film’s provenance said that officials at Make Us Great Again were shown an early portion of the film, and had told Mr. Bennett that they had no interest in using it or paying for it.
Mr. Bennett also shopped the film to a super PAC supporting another candidate, Jon M. Huntsman Jr. But officials with the group, Our Destiny, also passed on the film, according to a person with ties to the group.
“We made the decision that that was just not the kind of campaign we wanted to participate in,” said the person, who asked for anonymity to describe private negotiations.

Buy Danish on January 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Even Liberal states don’t have government controlling bottled liquor. VA is communist they just don’t know it yet

liberal4life on January 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM

This is the list of “control states” that directly control the sale of liquor. It doesn’t fall along liberal/conservative lines. It goes back to the 1930s and the end of Prohibition, and there are numerous legitimate reasons for the system to be maintained. (Not the least of which is explicit Constitutional authority to do so.) It’s not very libertarian, but that’s okay with me. I think McDonnell is wrong on this issue, but I like him in other respects.

acasilaco on January 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

So the hacks behind the effort to keep Gingrich and Perry off the VA ballot are now showing their true colors?

Who woulda thunk it?

TheRightMan on January 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

So, The good Governor said,”McDonnell said “He can win Democrats and independents to our cause.”

Frankly I do not want a candidate that will win with Democrats, at least present day Democrats.

I want a candidate that will throw them to the ground, pound the hell out of them and make them eat dirt.

Just Plain Bill on January 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Those are the oddest remarks, aren’t they?

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yes, indeed.

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

TheRightMan on January 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

lolwut.

Abby Adams on January 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM

However, the military still strives for monogamy and it is HIGH on our list! But I do not know when faced with DEATH DAILY, stress can do funny things to you so I would walk gingerly when besmirching those that serve. Thanks.

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I might know a thing or two about our mil, I am married to an Air Force active duty :-)…believe me, I visited my spouse to different deployment locations (fortunately they go to nice locations, beautiful, sunny islands and all, due to the fact that they work on U2s), and I saw a lot going on there :-), that didn’t exactly qualify for ‘striving for monogamy’ on the part of our servicemen and women :-)…and I would’t say that the stress was too high either, actually most of the time they work less hours when they deploy to certain locations (like 4, 5 hours a day) than when they are at their PCS location, due to the fact that they take only 2, 3 jets with them, so there are less sorties and missions…so, yeah, 4,5 hours a day of work, on beautiful sunny islands, with beautiful men and women around, are not exactly conducive to monogamy amongst our service members :-)…as it is, I am talking strictly about AF, don’t know about the other military branches…I’d assume it’s worse, since they have it a lot rougher than the AF…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Either you and others, are too stupid to see

M_J_S on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

WOW! Way to win friends and influence people.

Just because we disagree on a candidate does not make us STUPID.

I disagree with a lot of commenters here on HA but I never call them stupid. We just agree to disagree on our candidate choices BUT overall I believe that they, like myself, will vote for the “R” over Obama come November.

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM

After the mess the VA Republican party made of the primary, I believe it is a conflict of interest for any elected Republican in VA to endorse a Presidential candidate.

huckleberryfriend on January 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Who woulda thunk it?

TheRightMan on January 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

RightMan…
Remember that this was not a problem for huckabee, Giuliani, Thompson, Romney, McCain, et al to get on the ballot in 2008…so it actually shows a LACK of preparation by the Perry and Gingrich campaigns.

Why do you think Gingrich has been CLAMORING for these FREE debates? Because he does not have the infrastructure and campaign that he LEADS people to believe he has and it is free advertising for him because he has been lacking funding. I do not blame him his tactics because of what I just stated but let’s not try to say there is some type of conspiracy when ALL of those previous candidates I listed were able to get on the ballot.

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Buy Danish on January 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I think that Bain has done a lot of good and Gov. Romney should be showing people testimonials (on air, not his website) of all the people he helped. I’m not happy that Newt’s PAC did this but now is the time to make the sale that Gov. Romney’s business expertise is just exactly what we need. The mass public doesn’t go in search of this information, it is spoon fed to them. I know you think that I am against Gov. Romney, but I’m not, I just want him to do things a tiny bit different. Maybe I’m wrong.

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Lets evaluate and try again.

M_J_S on January 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ok Let’s.

Either you and others, are too stupid to see that Newtron will lose against obama, and that the base’s interest are NOT being represented by the likes of the ABRtards, etc who seem to be the exact same people to think that Gingrich is the “most electable” or they are a blind Gingrich supporter-pick one

Gingrich is despised by the majority, wins no states yet, can’t get on the ballot where he resides (Va) and suddenly he’s awesome and inevitable? Ummmm, no.

I question people’s Conservative, such as Perry and Deal if they are supporting Gingrich. Did the VA GOP change the rules at the last minute to get other candidates off the ballot? Oh Nah. Is that called disenfranchisement when Newtron wouldn’t have qualified even under the old rules? Oh nah.

If you want to lose against obama, and are interested in the GOP becoming a third party relic, keep pushing Gingrich.

Gunlock Bill on January 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Well, we are talking about two different environments. One a beach environment…and the other a WAR Zone. I think the stresses are a little different. Over here it is VERY COMMON for us to work 7 days a week and 14, 16, 18 hours a day in high tempo areas. That stress can get to service members and cause them to stray in their marriages AND back home as well. The military STILL stresses monogamy and faithfulness as you would to your platoon or squad.

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Buy Danish on January 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

maybe more people should read this piece by Daniel Henninger, in WSJ: ‘Bain Capital Saved America’…

but then I know, I know, Henninger is a RINO Romney shill, paid by the latter to write said article :-)…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Gunlock Bill on January 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Lets evaluate and try again.

Gunlock Bill, the pro Romney version of M_J_S.

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Sorry Bob. I love ya’ but that’s just too much to ask. I won’t vote for ORomnacare in a primary.

SarahW on January 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

crosspatch and others are correct.

Nominate Newt, and Obama will get to his RIGHT on family values. Imagine that. Election over.

Look, I understand the built-up frenzy among the SC electorate to register an emotional outburst to Obama and the MSM for the last week and the last 4 years. But this approach is short-sighted and counter-productive, plays directly into Axelrod’s hands. Gingrich cannot possibly win the general with his negatives. Newt has no money, no organization, no discipline, no infrastructure, and no support among independents.

Wake up, SC, and vote tomorrow for Romney. Think with your head.

matthew8787 on January 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I am sure they should but again you are assuming that the average voter does this kind of research. Gov. Romney should be running ads that are impactful about the good that Bain has done for so many. I’m not in an ad state right now, so maybe he is doing this but they should be so powerful that they get free shows on the nightly and 24 hr. cable news.

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

…stress can do funny things to you…

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Where have I heard that before? Oh, I remember! It was Gingrich’s excuse for cheating on his wife during the Clinton impeachment hearings: “There’s no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate.”

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

matthew8787 on January 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Um, yeah, you stick with that.

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Dear Gov. McDonnell – Please keep your eye on the State budget, push to get the ABC stores privatized, push the Castle Doctrine and see if you can’t push towards getting VA to be a Gold Star State.

I want you just where you are, not as a spare tire to some President.

ajacksonian on January 20, 2012 at 12:20 PM

…stress can do funny things to you…

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yeah, Congress stress…versus Taliban are trying to blow you up via either IEDs as you roll down the road or shoot mortars into your base and kill your friends…

yeah, they’re equal. ;o)

g2825m on January 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM

cozmo, if you think the MSM won’t conjure up a double standard to hold against Newt in a general election campaign, then you are tremendously naive.

Obama the husband and family man vs. Newt the hypocrite will be a sustained assault for 60 days from Labor Day until Election Day.

matthew8787 on January 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

matthew8787 on January 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Um dude, ya’ think the evangelicals are gonna’ flock to Obama because of this? You think Obama is going to make his base happy by running on family values? You think the middle of the road “Joe Six Pack” give a rats rear end about Newt’s marriages when he is worried about his job?

Who is naive here?

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Who is naive here?

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM

no, nobody thinks that, they can vote for whoever they want and please, but then can they, pls, STF up about family values, gay marriages and all ((and forever if possible), and never bring these issues in future elections….is it really too much to ask? or you don’t see this as hypocrisy on their part, but more as ummm, ‘pragmatism’ :-)…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

no, nobody thinks that
jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Heck, the Gingrich hatin’ nutballs have jumped on this.

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Heh, you know you’re dreamin’ on this one, right.

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Bible thumpers can’t even win Republican primaries, and some insist it would beat Obama.

It doesn’t add up.

Moesart on January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I agree Mitt should be running ads featuring former Bain employees. They slapped together one ad but there were no humans in it.

But I am fed up with the Perry/Newt/Palin tag team on both the ridiculous tax issue (it is normal to release info in April as Romney said). I’m disgusted that Newt the snake slithered in with his only yesterday and is using pious baloney to pretend he’s Mr. Transparency while implying Mitt the eeevil capitalist is hiding something. I also don’t think Newt the Badgerer (personality #2) is all that attractive. Sure, it’s great to smackdown the media and it wins points with pundits, but this is not how Presidents should behave. He’s full of bombast and has an Olympian sized ego (did you see how he applied to be President of West Georgia College after one year as a professor?) but there’s a reason the GOP House members who worked with him are not endorsing him.

Buy Danish on January 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM

M_J_S

I then,
I could not see to see. – Emily Dickinson

Thanks for telling us how stupid we are. I am now changing all my beliefs and positions to correspond with your views.

Thanks again.

Horace on January 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Buy Danish on January 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Stop worrying about Newt, unfortunately he is his own worst enemy. Romney has got to go positive and LARGE with his accomplishment with Bain. If he doesn’t want it seen as a liability, promote it. For me it is his strong suit.

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Joe Six Pack will vote Romney if he’s worried about his job. He’ll vote Santorum if he’s worried about Mormon underwear or his kids catching teh ghey. And he’ll vote Newt if… come to think of it, why would anyone vote Newt? We already have an unscrupulous, cynically-manipulative, ego-tripping President full of big ideas that don’t work.

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM

And now add

Rep Dan Benishek (R-MI)

and,

Lt. Gov Tate Reeves (Mississippi)

to the Romney list.

Gunlock Bill on January 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Funny!!

Because there is a lot of truth in there.

Gunlock Bill on January 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM

We will know tomorrow, won’t we.

Or do want to insult South Carolina voters some more first?

cozmo on January 20, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I agree, I don’t know who his PR and image makers are, or what their strategy is, but they have a lot more work to do, especially on his stellar record at Bain Capital and all…Henninger’s article alone should give them all the ‘talking points’ they need to build his image, especially this paragraph:
‘Thousands of Mitt Romneys allied with huge pension funds representing colleges, unions and the like, plus a rising cadre of institutional money managers, to force corporate America to reboot. In the 1980s almost half of major U.S. corporations got takeover offers.Singling out this or that Bain case study amid the jostling and bumping is pointless. This was a historic and necessary cleansing of the Augean stables of the American economy. It caused a positive revolution in U.S. management, financial analysis, incentives, governance and market-based discipline. It led directly to the 1990s boom years. And it gave the U.S. two decades of breathing room while Europe, with some exceptions, choked. ‘

as for the average voter’s disinclination to research or inform themselves on issues, it is a fact indeed, sadly enough, but it also true that they have no excuse…ads spoon-feeding is not necessarily an effective tool in combating ignorance…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hey, when Virginia only allows two candidates on their ballot, who the heck did you think the Governor, another TEA party benedict Arnold like Haley, was going to endorse??? Your crazy Uncle Ron???
I hope Virginians either don’t show up, or write in Gingrich or Santorum. Otherwise Virginia Republicrat Party will be looked upon as just another state version of the STUPID Party!!!

Colatteral Damage on January 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Another stalwart conservative backing Romney.

therightwinger on January 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Hey, when Virginia only allows two candidates on their ballot,

We allow everyone on the ballot who gets the signatures to be there. It’s not our fault your preferred candidate is an incompetent bungler.

…I hope Virginians either don’t show up, or write in Gingrich or Santorum.

You can’t write in a name in Virginia primary voting. I guess you did as much research into Virginia’s election laws as your candidate did.

Colatteral Damage on January 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Says the person who can’t spell his own user name.

hicsuget on January 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM

You Sir, must be one of those Jackass Party morons. The misspelling, while not originally intentional, was left that way to make people look twice and think, which,Sir, you are incapable of.

Colatteral Damage on January 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM

liberal4life

You demonstrate religious bigotry toward Mormons and now you extoll military service.

I served, my brother didn’t. My Dad served, his younger brother didn’t. Kennedy served in WWII, Hubert Humphrey didn’t.

Luck of the draw and circumstances.

“Some men go off to war. Others stay home and don’t serve. Life is unfair.” John F. Kennedy.

Horace on January 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM

huckleberryfriend on January 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

What mess? The VA GOP is not the most dynamic organization but let’s keep the record honest. The rules for qualifying for the GOP primary were clear and known months in advance. It was not the party’s fault that Perry, Gingrich, or Santorum could not get the required number of signatures.

And, I really didn’t have a problem with the loyalty oath either though it really was a stupid idea since it was utterly unenforceable and would only work to curtail scrupulous Democrats from cross-party voting (and we all know that there is no such thing as a scrupulous Democrat).

Happy Nomad on January 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Who woulda thunk it?

TheRightMan on January 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

The hacks that kept Perry and Gingrich off the ballot were Perry and Gingrich.

Happy Nomad on January 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Only a Rip van Winkle who’s slept since mid-1995 would back Gingrich. He has screwed us over repeatedly and regularly and predictably ever since. That’s why we threw his butt out of the Speaker’s chair – after the initial votes on the Contract with America, he was lost, erratic, chaotic, and very frustrating to conservatives as he put his own ego above principle. A terrible leader.

Anyone who believes his spin on his Speakership is an idiot. When he inevitably screws up again – and it won’t be long – don’t come crying to me.

Adjoran on January 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Good Luck Romney in SC. Our only hope to defeat OBAMA in the General Election. Contrary to Gov Palin, I think it best we as a party start to solidify behind the only electable POTUS candidate and prepare the fight to reclaim the U.S.

Natebo on January 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

They don’t have to have an excuse, they only have to vote.

Cindy Munford on January 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM

The republican party in Virginia is a disgrace! They need to fix the primary now and not fix it for their good old boy. The republican party here in D.C. is impotent anyway so the manipulation to disqualify good candidates from the D.C. primary is typical. But the RNC and the republican party in Virginia are powerful and need to fix this farce now. McDonnell has lost my respect when it’s obvious he’s vying for the VP slot. But for him and that idiot Cucinnelli to be accomplices to a fixed primary is a disgrace! This is the United States of America not Venezuela and we citizens should be allowed to vote for all the candidates not the richest or the highest bidders.

mozalf on January 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

the pervert speaker.

Falz on January 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

pompous windbag serial-cheating-and-dirty-dealings-disgraced-former-speaker

whackjobs

shave those pits

the idiots and crackpots are lining up behind Newt

little girl

foaming-at-the-mouth, bomb-throwing “true conservative”

out come the pitchforks and torches

It is incredible how many people in this site want to vote for a pervert like Newt Gingrich. This is why i don’t trust evangelicals.

racist

Newt attended AA to get help with his addiction to power once he left office

Last time I checked, we were a democratic republic, not a theocracy.

the idiots in SC

nutjobs

You’re not going to get any traction arguing with right2bright… his reading comprehension skills are somewhat lacking.

God-bothered bumpkins

ABRtards

It is irrational hate informing the logic these Romney haters use to write comments here.

that’s because you assume that these self-proclaimed conservatives care about capitalism in whatever form or shape…give them a bunch of entitlements, something that works for them and their families, and they’ll defend socialism with equal vigor…oh, yeah, and God…and country…and family values :) (and by that I do not mean gay family values :), but good, solid American family values, such as Newt’s :-)…

You really ARE dumber than a post.

GOP on “suicide march” and we can thank Perry and Gingrich for it.

crybaby

stupid people

I question people’s Conservative, [sic] such as Perry and Deal if they are supporting Gingrich.

Bible thumpers can’t even win Republican primaries

Newt the snake

Anyone who believes his spin on his Speakership is an idiot.

And yet………

What I’m tired of seeing is supposedly conservative posters making snide comments about Romney. I think it is fair to ask if they will eventually come around to supporting the Republican nominee or if they will sit out this election in a snit because their ideologically more pure candidate didn’t get the nomination.

Happy Nomad on January 20, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Seriously, is this the game plan?

Nom de Boom on January 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

McDonnell sucks.

Mimzey on January 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM

ajacksonian on January 20, 2012 at 12:20 PM

BM is limited to one term. He has done about all he can and the conservatives are probably in the best shape they will ever be in in the Old Dominion. This is true even if the present administration does significant damage to the Dem brand since the needy vote (illegals and illegal voters and the federal parasites in No. Va.) seem to be taking the state. A good move looking national.

Mimzey on January 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM

When I have enough to drink, I say things like that about Churchill, Reagan, Obama and God.

IlikedAUH2O on January 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM