Quotes of the day

posted at 10:46 pm on January 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I have, for my sins, watched Gingrich make his pitch across what feels like seventeen thousand Republican primary debates, and I am at a loss to identify the ‘big ideas’ and ‘big solutions’ that he is supposedly campaigning on. Yes, he has an implausible supply-side tax plan, but you never hear him talk about it. He has technically signed on to some form of entitlement reform, but you never hear him talk about that, either. Instead, so far as I can tell, his ‘idea-oriented’ campaign consists almost entirely of promising to hold Lincoln-Douglas-style debates with President Obama, grandstanding about media bias and moderator stupidity, defending his history of ideological flexibility much more smoothly than Mitt Romney, and then occasionally throwing out a wonky-sounding notion (like, say, outsourcing E-Verify to American Express) that’s more glib than genuinely significant. His last-minute momentum in South Carolina, which last night’s debate did nothing to derail, has been generated almost exclusively by the politics of ressentiment: If he wins the Palmetto State primary, it will be because conservative voters don’t much like the mainstream press, and Gingrich has mastered the art of taking tough questions and turning them into dudgeon-rich denunciations of the liberal media and all its works…

“[I]f the Iowa results spoke well of that state’s electorate, a victory for Gingrich this weekend will say something less kind about South Carolinians: They’ll be elevating, as Mitt Romney’s final adversary, a man whose ‘idea-based’ campaign has been anything but, and who won last night’s debate (or at least won its biggest ovation) by turning the topic of his own serial adulteries into an exercise in self-righteousness so shameless that Bill Clinton would have blushed to deliver it.”

***

“Being an idea man is fine when you’re writing books, providing commentary and touring the country giving lectures. And it’s apparently enough to make waves in a presidential primary. But Gingrich’s non-traditional campaign failed to qualify for the ballot in his home state of Virginia. And it simply won’t cut it when going after President Obama’s billion dollar plus war chest in a general election. This is something that John McCain proved last time when he won the nomination with a skeleton campaign, only to see his lack of organization (among other things) come back to haunt him in November.

“Beyond that, however excited Gingrich gets by ideas, if he can’t manage a small campaign staff because he’s simply ‘not capable of being a sort of traditional candidate,’ it’s hard to see how he’d competently manage the presidency.

“If Gingrich wins South Carolina and extends the primary, his lack of a traditional campaign will begin to work against him and to the advantage of Mitt Romney as the race goes national. And it will further reinforce Romney’s argument that his managerial competence makes him better equipped to defeat Obama and govern once in office.”

***

“Once forced to combat the president in a clash of 60-second sound bites refereed by Obama’s politically-correct buddies, Newt’s supposedly great debating strengths will backfire badly. In a Republican primary, his haymakers draw cheers from the partisan crowd and the commentators marvel at what a crafty street brawler he is. In a general election debate, the crowd of ‘independents’ will boo and the very same ‘news’ people will suddenly he horrified by the bull who just smashed their china shop to bits…

“Newt would be disarmed in this fight on multiple levels. First, he would lose the expectations game before he even started. Then, knowing his bar would be nearly impossible to hurdle; his massive ego would provoke him into lunging for a knockout on every punch. This would play right into the hands of the super coolheaded Obama who will be confident knowing that the referees will score anything his way as long as he simply stays on his feet.

“In short, the whole affair would be an unmitigated disaster.”

***

“Gingrich was great at rabble rousing. He was awful at actually managing things. That’s why, again, in the single campaign where he was clearly, unambiguously unchallenged as the architect of national GOP campaign strategy, in 1998, he took a lay of the land that virtually every pundit in the land thought would create at least a 15-seat Republican net gain in the House (Gingrich himself predicted as much as a 30-seat gain), and turned it into a five-seat loss that came within a hair’s breadth in about four races of blowing the entire House majority.

“Meanwhile, how can people say he has ‘changed’ or ‘grown’ or ‘matured’? It was less than a year ago that he was trashing Paul Ryan’s budget as ‘right-wing social engineering.’ It was as recently as 2010 that he was still endorsing a version of the individual health-care mandate. It was just last week that he was attacking Bain Capital from an extreme, left-wing position. Sorry, but that ain’t maturation — and it might explain why he took a 20-point lead in Iowa and a tied-for-lead in New Hampshire and, within about three weeks time, turned them into, respectively, fourth- and fifth-place finishes there. Only in his own backyard, in a state (South Carolina) neighboring his longtime Georgia home, could he hope to be competitive. Even if you give him credit for 1994, Gingrich has been involved in just eight heavily contested elections so far (for the House in 1974, 1976, 1978, and 1992, for the national House elections of 1994 and 1998, and for Iowa and New Hampshire this year so far) — and he has won just three of them. He effectively lost in 1974, 1976, 1998, Iowa, and New Hampshire. And this is the standard bearer who supposedly is going to slay Barack Obama via a series of Lincoln-Douglas debates that of course will never happen anyway?!? I think not.”

***

“Fox News, 1/12-1/14:
Obama, fav/unfav, 51%/46%, +5
Romney, fav/unfav, 45%/38%, +7
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 27%/56%, -29

“CBS/NYT, 1/12-1/17:
Obama, fav/unfav, 38%/45%, -7
Romney, fav/unfav, 21%/35%, -14
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 17%/49%, -32

“PPP, 1/13-1/17:
Obama, app/dis, 47%/50%, -3
Romney, fav/unfav, 35%/53%, -18
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 26%/60%, -34

***

“Rather than lapsing into the standard ‘Aw-shucks, I’m just an average guy’ political routine, Gingrich went out of his way to embrace his man-on-the-ramparts-of-history persona. Asked about a single regret in the campaign, Newt gave a lesson in Newtonian physics: ‘I would skip the opening three months where I hired regular consultants and tried to figure how to be a normal candidate. And I would just go straight to being a big ideas, big solutions, Internet-based campaign from day one.’ This is Gingrich practicing the politics of authenticity just like he does when he wears suits while campaigning on weekends. Unlike Romney, Gingrich knows who he is and doesn’t try to hide it.

“The fact is, the former House speaker personifies conservatism much as Ronald Reagan did in 1980. With two thirds of the state’s GOP electorate older than 45 (based on 2008 exit polls), voters remember that Newt was the most important Republican of the 1990s. His triumphs in a bleak decade for the GOP earn him a degree of latitude that will never be granted to Romney, no matter what hard-right positions Mitt takes in the quest for the nomination.

“The danger, of course, in this hairpin-turn political season is to over-react to Gingrich’s momentum. Chip Felkel, a Greenville-based GOP political consultant who has not taken sides in the primary, reflected my view of the primary when he said, ‘It’s going to be close. The events of the last 72 hours mean that it could go either way.’ Say what you will about Gingrich — and entire libraries can be written pro-and-con — he remains the most fascinating candidate of this political season. And while he probably will not get the nomination, rest assured that he will not exit the stage quietly. Not after his latest miraculous return from the great beyond.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM
lol … what? what?

*looks around innocently*

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Axe:Your a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad Axe:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM

OMG Cindy Mumford my whole world just shifted.

Metallica?

I have to shake the hell out of my brain’s etch-a-sketch and completely redraw you.

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

First song from Bosnia & Herzegovina I’ve ever heard! Now I can die fulfilled.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

No secrets on HotAir.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM

LOL :-D What’s a little privacy among friends, after all?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well since 1punchWill and Lourdes seemed to have disappeared without being able to provide a link to the quote

“I’ll be the nominee guys, everybody should just get out now”

I guess I can assume that 1punchWill and Lourdes like to create their own statements and contribute them to Speaker Gingrich.

Guess they don’t realize that practice is liable to get them in trouble if they continue. /

Good night folks.

Flora Duh on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Pretty much..I sometimes like the mellow blues guitar..It goes well with beer..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Axe:Your a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad Axe:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

LOL … shh, let me return to regular Axe-iness. :)

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Igor R.: Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyy Freaggin
Eyesssssssssssssssss!LoL:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM

She is the one who asked to be diagnosed!

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Cindy
While on on my Zappa page, give your son this to study, notice who the other guitarist is?

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

First song from Bosnia & Herzegovina I’ve ever heard! Now I can die fulfilled.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Yes, but as a fellow Slav did you feel something primeval within yourself respond? LOL

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I literally used to dread seeing you appear on these threads. I wished you would go back to wherever it was that you had crawled out from.

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM

The bunker???

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Dire give this a tumble. Everything else came out from it anyway.

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

It really is a complete mystery to me.

Just Sayin on January 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Just the way it was a complete mystery to me when all those
” congrgrants” who had voted for Obama in 2008,
registered to vote before the 2010 election .
They couldn’t understand why I was not registering too, because they couldn’t believe that I had registered JUST ONCE and it has worked in every election after that

burrata on January 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

No, I hate Eastern Europe.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

He’s in Florida and I’m in Virginia right now. I’ll try to forward him the link.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Staying with namesake ..just picking it up a notch..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

The bunker???

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Well, frankly that’s a little more grandiose a title for what I imagined….

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:06 AM

No, I hate Eastern Europe.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Why on earth would you say that? Were you born in the States?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I know, I do that to people. I am so laid back that most people peg me as hippie. Never was.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

So………….what, Allah?

Mitt? Santorum?

So………..Newt didn’t get on the ballot in VA, and a bunch of stuff, therefore…Romney (?).

Fine. Make your case.

Purple Fury on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Well, frankly that’s a little more grandiose a title for what I imagined….

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Well, we didn’t intersect all that much unless you were lurking on all the Newt-hatin’ sessions. That’s OK, I’m over it. Newtster can just fight it out with the other white boys.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Well,its still on,Tommys Country Ham House Restaurant!
======================================================

High Noon at Hams,and Romney and Newt,aren’t changing their schedules!!

ABC NEWS Radio NewsBreak,confirms it!!
======================================

**Click upper start button thingy!

The Latest From @abcnewsradio
******************************

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM
LOL … shh, let me return to regular Axe-iness. :)

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Axe:Axe On!:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

There were several occasions when I refrained from commenting because it was obviously a waste of time. You were pretty adamant that Newt was the anti-Christ, though. In all seriousness, why the more nonchalant attitude? I’m too lazy to go back through to find examples, but you were pretty vociferous in your attacks. You also seemed middle-aged and stodgy then.

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

As a political scientist the very idea of a Gingrich v. Obama campaign makes a tingle run up my leg. This is the 1968 campaign we should have had if Lyndon Johnson had not wimped out, Nixon v. Johnson the dirtiest, nastiest, most mean spirited but substantive campaign ever. Can you imagine the negative ads run by the traitorcrats and Newt taking it to the media, taunting Obama to debate him, outsmarting him as Obama ums and aahs his way around the stage. How Gingrich will respond to racism charges, smacking right back in the face of the disgust slime balls in the traitorcrat party. God, I hope Gingrich wins, it will be the greatest campaign since 1912, 1884 and 1828.

Smedley on January 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM

If you’re a political scientist, for God’s sake man, get to work creating us a perfect republican nominee from a petri dish!

Night Owl on January 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I would never have mistaken you for a dirty hippie. You’re too well-spoken and genteel!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Good night you all. I’ll leave you with what I’ve been leaving for our little girl. You know the little girl as liberal4life, she has such dreams, such dreams I tell you. Me thinks this fall her dreams turn to nightmares. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CYjcQSUXg Be sure to watch till the end, you’ll see how it turns out for the rest of us. Man it gonna be nice to wake up from her nightmare.

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 1:53 AM
She is the one who asked to be diagnosed!

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Igor R.:

Lol.Ugh,ahem,that vision,in my mind,oh boy,ahem would be of a canoe,going vertical,just as it toppled over a river falls!
I think,I kabucki danced that one,i do hope!:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Just representin’

On Prodigy’s Invader’s Must Die — the “Warrior Dance” track — is a vocal sample.

The sample is from “Take Me Away” by True Faith; that song was an important Anthem for a particular phase of the “Techno” movement …

Keith Flint, on the track and the album: It was the anniversary of 20 years of acid house and the rave scene, and we were a genuine part of that – a really significant British youth culture movement … We wanted to write something like a bootleg-type retrospective track that represented that, just to play live. It wasn’t meant as the start of an album.

… and the singer is Bridgett Grace.

All these people would likely hate me because of my politics, but, you know, we do what we have to.

HA is nothing if not instructive. :)

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Why on earth would you say that? Were you born in the States?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Nope, I’m from the place you’d guess based on my name.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I think,I kabucki danced that one,i do hope!:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Shhhh! Canopfor, put it out of your mind. It was just a joke! It doesn’t mean anything!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I’m packing it in too,gonna be a long day,
and the Newt vrs Romney at Toms Country Ham House
tommorrow,around 10 o’clock should be a hoot to watch,

their schedules collide at said restaraunt,and neither
one of them is gonna blink!!!!

Good Night Everyone———————————–:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

*Munford

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Exactly. I didn’t see metal coming, though.

… maybe I should have … hmm … reevaluating past events …

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Good Night Everyone———————————–:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Later Canada!

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Nope, I’m from the place you’d guess based on my name.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

The place I did guess? Why are you so cagey?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Well, I don’t like him, but now Mitt’s lost me, so what can I do?

And one can project any image on the net one wants to.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

cynccook:Yes,yes I know,and my instinct told me,don’t draw out that
ahem,scenario (bad canop)haha!:)

Nite cynccook:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Good Night Everyone———————————–:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Sweet dreams with no erectile dysfunction involved, Canny!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

OMG Cindy Mumford my whole world just shifted.

Metallica?

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Thread Winner!!! Thanks Axe, I’ve always wanted to do that.

Bmore on January 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

The place I did guess? Why are you so cagey?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I’m not cagey. My name comes from only one place, and that’s where I am from.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

canopfor & Cindy Munford,
I hope you both saw that I answered your posts to me. By then we were already on a new page–Gak! Just so you know I’m not rude, just s-l-o-w typist.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Well, I don’t like him, but now Mitt’s lost me, so what can I do?

And one can project any image on the net one wants to.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Wait a minute. Are you saying you’re actually for Newt now????????????????????????????

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

What would you have thought? It’s interesting that I have never given much thought to the music people on HotAir might enjoy. Except the obvious Dire Straits, of course.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I think,I kabucki danced that one,i do hope!:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

It was a verbal diagnosis.

Good night!

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Igor R.:Yes,don’t care much for it,too much peanuts in my #2!!
(sarc)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Please don’t start that again!

Night Owl on January 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Lourdes on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Yes Dear, there was a whole thread about it!!!

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

No I am not. Like I said I no longer have a dog in this fight, they are all flawed. Other than beating Obama it doesn’t matter any more.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Yeah, I’m not a fan for dirty and I’m too much of a self control freak to ever do drugs.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I saw you confirmation of “Bookends” and linked “At the Zoo”.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I’m not cagey. My name comes from only one place, and that’s where I am from.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Igor
Russian · Male
Warrior of peace. Ing’s warrior (Ing was the Norse God of peace and fertility). From the Scandinavian name Ingyar. Famous Bearer: Russian composer Igor Stravinsky.

How old were you when you came here? I ask because your English grammar and spelling are pretty much perfect. Impressive for someone for whom it is a second language.

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Nope, I’m from the place you’d guess based on my name.

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Igor R.: Translavania,btw,heres a clip from Young Frankenstein
(with humour):)
==========================

Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein – “Who’s Brain Was it?”
******************************************************

Okay,I’m out,nite:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

But if Newt ends up as the Republican nominee, you’ll vote for him? Are you a citizen already, can you vote?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Whoops! I see one of us skipped out on Music History Class. I just knew from “The Graduate”.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

In my teens.

But I have to go now. Good night!

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Good Night Everyone———————————–:)

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Later friend..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I’ll have to check, I have the album and I think they are both on it.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

It is good to see you..:)

PS..You and Axe owe me a monitor..:):)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

williamg on January 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Thank you so much for your comments, and posting them in caps is so impressive it almost makes me want to read them.

TXUS on January 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM

…..which, if it wasn’t for the “illiteracy issue”, would constitute a sincere, signifiant “occupy-style” protest on your part!

williamg on January 21, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I’ll have to check, I have the album and I think they are both on it.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Nah. No need to check. I’m the one who has no idea. Cheers!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

It is good to see you..:)

PS..You and Axe owe me a monitor..:):)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

You’ve got a new fan in Mr. Bmore, I see.

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

In my teens.

But I have to go now. Good night!

Igor R. on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Dasvidaniya!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Let’s confirm that this was their best..:)

PS..Do I get an Amen??..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

You’ve got a new fan in Mr. Bmore, I see.

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Seems so..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Seems so..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM

And didn’t that Horace start off by ridiculing us for our discussions of music and then end up joining in them?

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:36 AM

canopfor & Cindy Munford,

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:21 AM

If they had a contest in here for slowest typist and reacting to a post…I would hold the gold medal!

KOOLAID2 on January 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

You’ll never guess, “Mrs. Robinson” is on both albums, “The Graduate” and “Bookends”. Apparently a lot of the songs from “Bookends” were written for the movie but didn’t make the cut.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Good grief. Look at the time. It wouldn’t be so bad if I were in the Pacific time zone, but unfortunately, I’m not! Nite all!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

PS..Do I get an Amen??..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Still delicate as a spider’s web after all these years. Thanks!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Yeah, but I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LneXRHLQMR0 and

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Well howdy doo! I just always think of poor rich, aimless Benjamin “The Graduate” zooming along in his sportscar whenever I hear it. Thanks for the added info!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Good night!!

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I’ll close out with “Chop Suey” (aka Angels Deserve to Die) featuring the wonderful face of Christian Bale.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Those are both classics..Thanks for reminding me..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Love it!!

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM

KOOLAID2 on January 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Heh! Answering you almost 20 minutes later. I win-er-lose-er…never mind!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Time to sign off, put on my j’s and watch Red Eye. Good night everyone, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM

G’night fellow pseudo-insomniacs!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

-Allahpundit

I respectfully disagree with your analysis. Your analysis might work for most elections, but I don’t think you’ve sufficiently factored in the sense among much of the electorate that this is a “dire” election.

More “independents” than you think realize that things have gone badly amiss under 0bama, and are looking for a reason to throw him out.

Should Gingrich go after 0bama hard, but hit him with the truth of how he has screwed up, I think that instead of being repelled, as you say (which might work for a non-”dire” election such as 1996), independents will be attracted to a hard fighter who calls it as it is. And you have to admit that Gingrich is very good at pounding simple truths in a way that makes him sound like the paragon of common sense.

And don’t forget that there are more Republican-leaning “independents” than Democrat-leaning ones, and these Republican-leaning ones are not too likely to go en masse for 0bama just because Newt throws some haymakers.

Allah,

You may be right,
Newt may be crazy,
But it just may be a lunatic we’re looking for….

cane_loader on January 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Cindy Munford on January 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Later Cindy..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on January 21, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Dasvidaniya!

cynccook on January 21, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Do svidania. (2 words).

riddick on January 21, 2012 at 3:06 AM

“Fox News Medical A-Team” Dr. Keith Ablow analyzes Newt’s marital history:

[H]ere’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages: 1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him. 2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married. 3 ) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible. Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one.

4) Two women—Mr. Gingrich’s first two wives—have sat down with him while he delivered to them incredibly painful truths: that he no longer loved them as he did before, that he had fallen in love with other women and that he needed to follow his heart, despite the great price he would pay financially and the risk he would be taking with his reputation. Conclusion: I can only hope Mr. Gingrich will be as direct and unsparing with the Congress, the American people and our allies. If this nation must now move with conviction in the direction of its heart, Newt Gingrich is obviously no stranger to that journey.

lexhamfox on January 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Dear Romney Haters,

Your hate s strong, I give you that. Newt is an angry old southerner struggling in SC. He is dead from NY to CA.

Its over. The angry, old, fat, thin-skinned, adulterer, philanderer, ugly, progressive, retread has no shot.

Lie to yourself if you want. The fall will be that much harder.

swamp_yankee on January 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM

G’night fellow pseudo-insomniacs!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

pseudo ??????

burrata on January 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

With Perry out and with Santorum being a complete fraud as a fiscal conservative, I am actually starting to lean toward Romney over Gingrich.

Romney certainly strikes me as soulless and has shown an alarming weakness on the very issues Obama will demonize him for, but the more momentum Newt gets the more concerned I find myself becoming.

I understand why people wrote off Perry fearing he would completely bomb in one or all of his debates with Obama and lose the election as a result, but it makes no sense to me to think that Newt will win the election simply because it is believed he will win the debates. Most likely there will be 3 quiz show style debates as there have been the past few election cycles and there is NO guarantee Newt will mop the floor with Obama in this format or have any break through moments. I do not say this because Obama is some great debater, he isn’t, but Obama will not engage Newt directly in these debates, will not directly answer questions, and will stick to his prepared talking points as if he were reading off a teleprompter. He will get his message out, the MSM moderators will not press him on issues like Fast and Furious or Solyndra, and he very well may find a way to get under Newt’s thin skin and throw him off message. Newt doesn’t respond to well to subversive attacks against his motives or character and Obama will exploit this weakness; at least Romney has shown an ability to stay on message however drab that might be. I also have to say that when Newt has been directly engaged by either Romney or Santorum in these debates, he hasn’t been particularly impressive.

Even if Newt does well in the debates, even if he has a breakout moment, the Presidential election will not be won in one, two or three evenings. Victory will rely on organization and mobilization, the same way Bush beat Kerry in the 2004 election, and an endeavor of that magnitude requires an endlessly focused grind effort on the ground with a candidate who does not screw things up at the top of the ticket. I want Newt to win South Carolina so Romney will face more of a challenge and become a better candidate, but I find myself becoming very concerned with Newt being the actual nominee in the end.

Daemonocracy on January 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM

AllahPundit
Painful reading this trash.

Man what a huge crap sandwich.

Mumbojumbo nonsense throughout.

Newt lost his first two elections thus not qualified thirty years later.

Really.

Face it Allah your man is toast.

Not credible that the man that accomplished more for the Democrats as Governor in the most liberal state in America all of a sudden became a conservative in 2005 preparing to run in the 2008 Presidential election as a Republican.

I mean he gave the Democrats:
1) Ted Kennedys lifetime dream RomneyCare that even pays for Abortions free for most people $100 for even the wealthy.

2) Gay Marriage when elected no one even thought this possible but Mitt accomplished it. Romney in no way fought this not even with press releases when they would make a difference. He refused to condemn the unlawful ending of a Constitutional Convention called to end Gay Marriage before it got started and derailed a plan to instead do civil contracts with all the rights of marriage.

3) Abortion paid for by the state mandated insurance coverage enacted by 8 people Mitt appointed one which must be from Planed Parenthood.

4) Government run Medicine Romney claims it is not government run but all the insurance companies are allowed to do is the paperwork. The state mandates coverage, who is accepted and how much the policy will cost. It is really hard to know what the difference would be if totally socialized other than how it was paid for.

Steveangell on January 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Daemonocracy on January 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM

25% is all the support Mitt ever really had.

Majority is what counts. Mitt can hang on and most likely will but Florida could well end it in reality.

The conservatives are not stupid this time. Santorum will drop out most likely before Florida but not long after if not. He has already said he supports Newt not Romney.

McCain won with 30-40% of the vote that was an unmitigated disaster. But there was no real conservative that year only pretenders like Mitt. We knew he was probably pretending but we also knew McCain was a RINO and a bad one at that always willing to lend the Democrats a hand. Well four years has convinced us that Mitt is not conservative.

Steveangell on January 21, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Dear Romney Haters,

Lie to yourself if you want. The fall will be that much harder.

swamp_yankee on January 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM

You use old….you use Fat… You even use ugly. Are you saying you support. Young skinny and not ugly? Oh you are supporting Obama.

Get over yourself Swamp.

Gedge on January 21, 2012 at 4:53 AM

RE: Newt’s ex-wife

Neil Cavuto certainly thinks he is pretty important, doesn’t he?

If it’s a proper debate question, then what are they supposed to debate about it? Are all the candidates supposed to debate the failed marriage of another candidate and his ex-wife’s old allegations? I would think this would be the province of Dr. Phil, not a national Presidential debate.

How low the media have stooped.

Shame on Neil Cavuto!

JonBGood on January 21, 2012 at 5:26 AM

JonBGood

Oh, c’mon. Everyone knows that the most important issue facing this country, and maybe the whole world and all ships at sea is the intimate details of Newt’s divorce(s).

Where is your concern for the future of our country? Do you think Washington would have divorced Martha and then tried to hide the details from his fellow citizens? No way!

The government-media is a group of dedicated, much smarter than we are professionals delivering information to us lesser people.

I suppose yahoos like you want them to waste time on titillating stuff like Obama’s sealed records, unemployment, nukes for Iran, Fast and Furious gun sales to Mexican drug cartels, 15T debt, etc.

Get of the “American Idol” kick and tune in Diane Sawyer speaking truth to power, if she’s sober enough to speak that particular day.

Horace on January 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Godspeed, Newtie.

BuckeyeSam on January 21, 2012 at 5:54 AM

the fact is that Fox News like the rest of the trash media have all turned into the National Inquirer…

Cavuto is know for putting pictures of girls in underwear on his show on a regular basis. Oreilly recruits have of his guests for looks and to see if he can hit on them after the show.

No wonder the country follows the dems and puts a lightweight like Obama in office…I mean what is Obama but a celebrity, he is the Paris Hilton of politics…famous for being famous.

Newt is a flawed human as are ALL of us. He has repented and fixed his life…maybe Cavuto should do some repenting and fixing of his life

georgealbert on January 21, 2012 at 5:59 AM

AllahPundit
Painful reading this trash.

Man what a huge crap sandwich.

Mumbojumbo nonsense throughout.

Newt lost his first two elections thus not qualified thirty years later.

Really.

Face it Allah your man is toast.

I mean he gave the Democrats:

Steveangell on January 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM
=============================================

that deserves an encore

georgealbert on January 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM

O/T,Micheal Moore is Crazy BatSh*t once again!
———————————————–

Michael Moore:

U.S. Was ‘Founded on Genocide and Built on the Backs of Slaves’
January 20, 2012 at 8:49pm
**************************

The ever-controversial, far-left filmmaker Michael Moore is back at it again, this time disparaging the U.S. by accusing the nation of having been “founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves.”

“It’s not envy, it’s war, it is a class war, it’s a war that’s been perpetrated by the rich on to everyone else. The class war is one they started. The mistake they made to deal with the racial part of this, is, um, their boots have been on the necks of people of color since we began. This is a nation founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves, alright, so we started with a racial problem.”

Moore delivered his inflammatory remarks on CSPAN while speaking on the topic of poverty in America.

Watch the clip below. It will be sure to raise pulses:(More…)
================================================================

canopfor on January 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Newt Gingrich has been so nasty (attacking Romney using Occupy Wall Street tactics) and dishonest that Newt had better work hard for Romney after Romney wins the nomination!

However, given the fact that Newt Gingrich is so unpopular among independents, maybe it wouldn’t even be a good idea to have Newt out campaigning for Romney. After Romney wins the nomination, Romney will have to be careful about how much he lets himself be seen and associated with the unpopular Newt Gingrich.

bluegill on January 21, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Horace on January 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM

LOL! Hi Horace! You never disappoint!

JonBGood on January 21, 2012 at 6:24 AM

O/T
====

Strange How the Media Didn’t Care About Infidelity in 1992 and 2008
Posted by Jammie on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:55 am

Say what you will about Newt Gingrich and his numerous wives and affairs, and it’s already become an obsession with the media that will do anything to derail the GOP and re-install Obama in the White House. Back in 1992 all it took was a “60 Minutes” interview with the Clintons and that was the end of the Gennifer Flowers story.

In 2008 it was already well known John Edwards was cheating on his wife, but the media gave him a free pass. Why? Because he’s a Democrat, of course. Democrats can do no wrong, but if you’re a Republican with any infidelities in your past then you’re fair game. This isn’t to excuse Gingrich. Let’s just see what the left always clamors for: Fairness.(More….)
========================================