Finally: Obama sings

posted at 5:25 pm on January 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via National Journal. You know what? He’s not half-bad. And the crowd eats up with a spoon. And yet: He must never do this again. Because if he does it again, other politicians will feel pressure to prove their hipness by doing it too. Do you really want to see John Kerry rap? Then this ends now, my friends.

TPM dug around and discovered that this isn’t the first time The One has felt moved to song while on the trail. I’ve embedded those clips below as well. I’ll say this for him: He has good taste in music, if you don’t count his fondness for songs written about him. Exit quotation from Al Green: “He nailed it.”

Update: It begins.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket. But with Al Green sitting right there, I’d sound like one of the Budweiser frogs.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Mr. “B.O. Jangles”

it’s racist for people to have a black man sing & dance!!!

You all lie…ya know it was the telepromter… he was just “lip syncing”

charmingtail on January 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Does “cleanse the palate” mean the same thing as “make you puke”?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM

This is the only song I want to hear this imbecilic putz sing. Exactly one year from today.

Flora Duh on January 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Or, perhaps, this one.

TXUS on January 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM

How about Ron Paul doing a cover of Motorhead’s “The Ace of Spades”?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Dude.

It has ALREADY come to that.

John McCain sings Barbra Streisand:

bitsy on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Whoa. That was weird. Sorry.

bitsy on January 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I can’t. I can’t listen to him even TALK, why would I voluntarily listen to him SING?!!!!

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

This +1.
I’m sorry but this immature little communist has GLEEFULLY destroyed the lives of so many citizens over the last 3+ years, and he wants 4(?) more years to do more of the same? I loathe this being like no other; I don’t think it’s cute, I don’t think it’s adorable. I can barely stand to be on the same planet as this embarrassing little puke. Honestly, do you see other world leaders behaving this way? Excuse me while I retch.

What’s next, he volunteers to do the Muslim Call To Prayer 5x a day? Why not? He certainly isn’t doing the job he was elected to do.

SnarkySam on January 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Now, why didn’t Obama do this when he was in front of Cindarella’s Castle at Disneyworld? “We’re the Third World After All…,” er, something.

de rigueur on January 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Expect this a lot more, its right in line with recreating that rock star status he enjoyed before the public wised up.

Speakup on January 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

My friends, this was the final nail in the coffin of whatever dignity the Presidency had left…

affenhauer on January 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Obama actually has a nice voice. He should quit his day job and go sing.

maddmatt on January 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Knowing that Zero has a singing career to fall back on when we throw him out of the White House in November makes me feel so much better.
/snark

NOMOBO on January 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

If the FLOTUS would have been the one to sing can we now say about the Obama Administration that the fat la……..never mind.

SansJeux on January 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Those songs are copywright protected. Let me just call Hollywood so they can alert the SOPA police.

TN Mom on January 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Leaving On A Jet Plane – John Denver

Flora Duh on January 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM

That works.

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

George W. Bush was quite the crowd-pleaser when he wanted to be!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I, for one, encourage Barack Obama to give up his day job so he can sing and dance more.

CliffHanger on January 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Update: It begins.

Ooh, well…. If this election were decided based on singing ability, Romney would lose badly to Obama.

Also, Hermain Cain would still be in the race.

acasilaco on January 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Oy, the disappointment. I thought you meant “sings” as in a criminal confessing.

Maybe Eric Holder will do some singing soon.

disa on January 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quit your day job, Barry. Please!!

ToddonCapeCod on January 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Now I believe that Obama’s half white.

Johnny 100 Pesos on January 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Oh, I was hoping that meant he came clean on Rezko, Solyndra, Pay for Play, Soros, Fast and Furious, etc. But you really meant singing.

Christian Conservative on January 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Obama sucks.

Mimzey on January 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM

You’re So Vain

TN Mom on January 21, 2012 at 1:29 AM

chain chain chaaaaain, chain of fools!

How ironic.

Dollayo on January 21, 2012 at 5:47 AM

When all is lost, try something completely different …

A Des Moines man has been arrested after police say he used, or tried to use, the identity of Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz in a scheme to falsely implicate Schultz in perceived unethical behavior in office.
Zachary Edwards was arrested Friday and charged with identity theft.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety issued a news release saying Schultz’s office discovered the scheme on June 24, 2011 and notified authorities.
The criminal complaint says Edwards fraudulently used or attempted to use the identity of Schultz or Schultz’s brother with the intent to obtain a benefit. No other details were given.
If convicted, Edwards could face up to two years in prison.

After a stint as a part-time political blogger and local democratic volunteer, he joined the Obama campaign in early 2007 as an intern organizing North-West Las Vegas.

J_Crater on January 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM