Chuck Norris endorses Newt Gingrich, too

posted at 6:00 pm on January 20, 2012 by Tina Korbe

According to a poll of National Journal insiders, this is the most coveted Republican endorsement of all — and no wonder. Chuck Norris’ endorsement of Mike Huckabee in 2008 helped to propel the former Arkansas governor to the top tier of presidential candidates. That oh-so-memorable “Chuck Norris approved” ad is still a fan favorite.

This election cycle, Norris has decided to throw his weight behind Newt Gingrich. In a newly published column on WND.com, Norris outlined why he’s chosen to support the former Speaker of the House:

[N]ow is not the time to be mincing through minutiae and infighting via typical partisan battles. Rome is burning, and we need to appoint the best firemen possible to rush in and put out her fury. What’s critical at this point is to appoint a commander in chief who can clearly lead America to a more solvent and secure future.

No man or candidate is perfect. We all have skeletons in our closet. If buried bones became unforgivable bones of contention, the world would never know or will never know another Benjamin Franklin, King David and others like them. We must remember that we’re electing a president, not a pastor or pope. And with the mainstream media and a billion-dollar Obama campaign coffer on the president’s side, we need a veteran of political war who has already fought Goliath, because he will be facing Goliath’s bigger brother. …

For my wife, Gena, and I, we sincerely believe former Speaker Newt Gingrich is the answer to most of those questions and deserves our endorsement and vote.

We agree with our friend and governor of the great state of Texas, Rick Perry, when he suspended his campaign and endorsed Gingrich, that Newt “has the heart of a conservative reformer.” We believe Newt’s experience, leadership, knowledge, wisdom, faith and even humility to learn from his failures (personal and public) can return America to her glory days. And he is the best man left on the battlefield who is able to outwit, outplay and outlast Obama and his campaign machine.

Personally, I think Allen West is the new Chuck Norris. (Seriously, substitute “Allen West” for “Chuck Norris” in your favorite Chuck Norris joke and see if it doesn’t make more sense!) Nevertheless, the Norris endorsement might actually matter more than most endorsements if for no other reason than that even voters who don’t pay close attention to who’s endorsing whom definitely know Norris’ name.

For old times’ sake, here’s the ad on behalf of Mike Huckabee:

Update: Because of a typo, this article originally misattributed the Chuck Norris column to “WMD.com” instead of “WND.com.” Kind of a consequential typo, especially given what the acronym “WMD” actually stands for! My apologies.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Chuck Norris? What about Batman or Inspector Clouseau. No wonder there are so many Palinista cultists here.

borntoraisehogs on January 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Whiskey, tango, foxtrot does Palin have to do with this? You need to seek professional help for your PDS obsession.

chewmeister on January 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Does the magic underpants refer to Newt or Romney?

SparkPlug on January 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

If conservatives nominate Newt Gingrich, they will never have the values and morality argument ever again.

Romney is the best candidate. He’s handsome, smart, rich, has a beautiful family, has business and government experience, has been successful. Geez, wtf is wrong with conservatives?

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

And he has no moral compass whatsoever, will keep Obamacare permanently and will help continue the leftward lurch of the government against the wishes of its’ people.

We don’t want to become Europe. We value our freedom, our independence and we don’t enjoy leftists telling us who to vote for. Gingrich wasn’t my first choice, but I’ll take him over someone who’s biggest achievement is also Obama’s.

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The Sun doesn’t go down–Newt Gingrich stares it down.

Christien on January 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM

This.

laurendap on January 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I doubt either of you were going to vote Republican anyway…good try though.

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

If you think Newt has a shot in hell of winning against Obama, then you’re living in LaLa land.

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Now for the coveted Jessica Simpson endorsement of Newt Gingrich.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Yes. How about Kim Kardashian, Charlie Sheen or Vanna White.

Slainte on January 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Seriously you’re going to put Jessica Simpson in the same class as those losers?

How about these other conservative women?
Mandy Moore
Carrie Prejan

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

While I agree Allen West is a great American Patriot..NO ONE replaces Chuck Norris until Chuck Norris says so..:)

Dire Straits on January 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM

LOL. Chuck Norris doesn’t do push ups. He pushes the earth down.

SparkPlug on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

a few things changed since the great depression :-)…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Only thing that changed was the initials.

FDR to BHO.

they lie on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Let’s see, When “Allen West” does a push-up he doesn’t push-up, he pushes the Earth away.

Sorry, not quite the same.

Goldenavatar on January 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Before going to sleep at night, the Boogeyman checks under the bed for Allen West.

Mimzey on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

That’s just stupid. And when you refer to “moral compass” I really hope you’re not supporting Newty in this. Those two don’t go together very well.

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Clinton committed a little thing called “perjury”

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM

…and he was acquitted of that…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My two favorite politicians. Allen West and whoever is running against The Won.

Oldnuke on January 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

It takes more than beauty to lead a country, and more than money…his government experience was a liberal experiment.
WTF is wrong with conservatives? We are conservatives, now you show me where Mitt has shown conservative political credentials.
BTW, I guess you would have never voted for that fat, alcoholic, slob, Churchill if had lived in England.

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Gingrich is a Progressive. What is with so-called conservatives flocking to a man who calls FDR the greatest President of the last century describes himself as a “Realpolitik Wilsonian”!

Newt loves FDR, models himself after Woodrow Wilson and admires SEIU’s Andy Stern

CanofSand on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

“Galadriel, you’re wrong.

Newt has no chance against Obama.

Women will not vote for a 2 time cheater over a family values man like Obama.

Nominating Newt is like handing the victory to Obama on a silver platter.”

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I’m really tired of people saying “So and so can’t get elected. Only my candidate can get elected.”

Who gave you a crystal ball? How the heck do you know that Romney can win?

Maybe both Romney and Newt will lose to Obama. Maybe both of them can win. The fact is, we just don’t know and the polls don’t mean anything this far out. Anything can happen between now and the election.

I see Mitt as a risk, and I see Newt as a risk.

I happen to think Newt can pull it off, maybe even in a bigger way than Mitt. I may be wrong, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take to avoid the godfather of Obamacare as our nominee. There are many things wrong with Newt, but in my book the things wrong with Mitt are much, much bigger.

Galadriel on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Chuck Norris is 71 years old. Older than Reagan when he was inaugurated for his first time.

Tina

No, Tina.

ZGMF_Freedom on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Chuck told you how it is gonna be.

Who want to be round house kicked first ?

Sams88 on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

No wonder there are so many Palinista cultists here.

Talking about Palinistas, did anyone notice that the whole buzz about Newt – endorsements, crap in the LSM et al came after, yes a good debate and then Sarah said she would vote for Newt if she was in SC and Todd endorsed him? Irrelevant? Right…

So sad she is not running!

American Dream 246 on January 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

And if you think people are going to vote for statist-lite when they can just vote for the real deal, you’ve got another thing coming. That’s how McCain lost in 2008 going away and it’s how Romney’s running his election. He will get destroyed as out of touch, one of the 1%, an elitist who can’t relate to the challenges that America’s citizens are dealing with. It doesn’t matter that the exact same thing can be said about Obama, Obama and the media will push that meme and Romney doesn’t have the testicular fortitude to counter it.

Romney’s “been weighed, been measured, and has been found wanting.”

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

When he administered the Oath of Office at his Inauguration, Newt Gingrich told the Chief Justice, “Repeat after me…”

Christien on January 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Newt on Twitter:

Honored to have Chuck Norris’ endorsement. He will make an excellent Secretary of Attack.

Bwahaha. Yesssss.

nicktjacob on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Only thing that changed was the initials.

FDR to BHO.

they lie on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

really, wow, you are such an informed citizen…looks like you are ready to vote :)

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Oh my, how the pendulum doth swing. When Oromney had this coronation sewed up, the Oromney bots were dissing others who were not on board for voting for their man against Obama. Now the dissers are abandoning ship as they always do. Just look at Crist, Scuzzyface in NY, and Murkowski. I said a few days ago this would happen. Always does. Rinos are elitists who can’t entertain the thought of being out of power. It’s always about them. Always has been and always will be.

they lie on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

And Mitt will be Obama on what policy?
Economy? No, he voted and pushed for TARP
Health care? No, he was the father of mandated health care
Bail outs? No, he said Bain did essentially what Obama did
I know, abortion…no his wife wrote a check on there joint bank account to Planned Parenthood, and he appointed a Planned Parenthood to sit on the board.
…well maybe some of you Mitt supporters can come up with some policies Mitt can attack Obama on…help me, I can’t find any.

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Romney has ZERO principles. ZERO core convictions. ZERO self respect. He will say anything, do anything to get elected. You think a lot of those so called “moderates” and “independents” will vote for him when Obama and the MSM get down with him? Just read 2008 McCain oppo research on him http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2012/01/McCain-2008-Oppo-File-on-Romney.pdf

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Galadriel on January 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Right on Elven Queen!

Say hi to Celeborn for me.

Like Sarah, you need to ‘reconsider’ taking that boat out West

KirknBurker on January 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Norris/Norris 2012!

ronsfi on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

And they won’t make that same accusation of Gingrich? Plus a lot of other things as well. You must be new to all this.

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I see the desperation in the Mitt-wits supporters, now that he is dropping in the polls…just a week ago it was challenge the Newt supporters that if Mitt wins, the will vote with Mitt…now that the table is turned, looks like the Mitt-rats are abandoning ship.
Typical….

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

nicktjacob on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Nice.

Christien on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Roundhouse to the magic underpants!

tom daschle concerned on January 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I have to admit laughing pretty hard at that.

capitalist piglet on January 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

as opposed to Newt who will be portrayed by the Obama machine as a man of the people, a 99%-er, sensitive to the predicament of the hoi polloi and a person of great integrity and conservative values (mainly the family kind)…yeah, I can see more clearly now Newt’s path to presidency :-)

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

they lie on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I didn’t see your post…exactly what I was thinking, it’s so obvious.

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

they lie on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

That’s a distortion of major proportions, given the kinds of comments being made on this site for the past couple of months of the anti-Romney paranoids. I can’t speak for anybody else but I will absolutely vote for the GOP nominee, no matter who it is. It’s too bad that the anti-Romney paranoids refuse to make that same commitment.

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I didn’t see your post…exactly what I was thinking, it’s so obvious.

right2bright on January 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Which one of you is Harry and which one is Lloyd?

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Roundhouse to the magic underpants!

tom daschle concerned on January 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I believe the correct term is Jesus Jammies.

ronsfi on January 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I am sick to death of this “electability” bs from Mittbots. Some of you Mittbots would be making the same argument for Hillary Clinton if she had an “R” next to her name. Same arguments I heard being made for Charlie Crist, Dede Scoffuza, Arlen Specter, etc.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Lots of arguing round here.

tacodawn on January 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM

How about these other conservative women?
Mandy Moore
Carrie Prejan

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

why not, they are all dumber than dirt…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM

No. Tim Tebow is Chuck Norris 2.0. Have you read the jokes on Twitter?

ProudPalinFan on January 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Independent voter from FL here… my vote ain’t worth diddly squat in the primary but you can bet I’ll have no problem voting for Gingrich in the general. Romney, on the other hand, I’d have to hold my nose a bit for. (And Paul, well, I’d just leave the POTUS/VPOTUS spot blank.)

Aquarian on January 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Dede Scoffuza etc.

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

you mean the same Dede Scozzafava that Newt endorsed?

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Todd Palin’s letter endorsing Newt

January 15, 2012

Dear Fellow Conservative:

I’m deeply concerned about our nation’s future. I believe that we must nominate and elect a President candidate this year who will stop America’s slide and fight for the values that made our nation great.

I believe that candidate is Newt Gingrich, and I am proudly supporting him for President. I deeply hope you will, too.

Just like my wife Sarah, Newt tells the American people the truth and what he believes, not what he thinks they want to hear. He doesn’t flip-flop on core issues to advance his political chances.

Like Sarah, Newt can take hits from his opponents and the media, and keep on fighting. He’s tough as nails, and he is still standing today because of the power of his ideas, not because he had the most money!

And when it’s time to stand on the national debate stage this fall, you can’t tell me any other candidate will be able to expose Barack Obama and persuade the voters of the conservative case as powerfully as Newt will!

As an Independent, it’s also important to me that Newt knows how to work with Democrats without giving up on our principles. We can’t afford to nominate a pre- packaged candidate without core beliefs — we need a committed conservative leader who knows how to take on the establishment and create real change!

Newt wrote the Contract with America, balanced the budget four years in a row as Speaker, and reformed welfare. We need his vision and proven leadership, with his record of getting things done, in the White House.

I’m with Newt Gingrich and I would be honored if you would stand with me and cast your vote for Newt in the primary

Yours for America,

Todd Palin

oldyeller on January 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM

all the republican candidates have a shot against the failed president. it’s the LSM that doesn’t hide the fact that they’re in the tank for the owebamster that needs to be fought. so far, newt appears to be the only one up for the fight.

HUAH Chuck Norris!

Dr. Demento on January 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Yours for America,

Todd Palin

oldyeller on January 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

wonder if he wrote that from his snowmobile in alaska :-), that would explain it, brain freeze and all :-)….

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

He faced Bruce Lee. THE Bruce Lee.

ProudPalinFan on January 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

nicktjacob on January 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

With most politicians, there would be no doubt that someone on their staff came up with that line, but with someone like Newt, you can see him actually being able to come up with it on his own.

Oh, how I wish he didn’t have such a bad past and huge ego. He’d be great if not for that.

McDuck on January 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

This is a creepy thread, names I’ve never seen before are firing some nasty broadsides.

Bishop on January 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Bishop on January 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

thanks! i got in during the last signup!

Dr. Demento on January 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Seems that your brain is frozen since a while, I mean, a long long time – I mean – was born frozen. And stop putting your stupid :-) when saying insults. Don’t fit with braindead comments.

Or is it envy? Hmmm…. Yup. Could be.

American Dream 246 on January 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

So will I. I’m neither anti- nor pro-Romney. What I am is:

ABO: Anybody but Obama

stukinIL4now on January 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

So will I. I’m neither anti- nor pro-Romney. What I am is:

ABO: Anybody but Obama

stukinIL4now on January 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

ME2

GrannyDee on January 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Sarah nods her head approvingly in Newt’s direction and see what happens. A Reagan and a Norris throw their support to Newt. Newt rises in the polls. Mittens starts sweating. Ah, the power of Palin. Not bad for a wash-up has-been quitter, eh?

Tarnsman on January 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Thank you so much for the reminder. Needs to be repeated. If just to see the PDS heads explode..haha.

American Dream 246 on January 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

thanks! i got in during the last signup!

Dr. Demento on January 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Not you, the other guy.

Bishop on January 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Chuck…still luv ya…but you still have a ways to go before you’ve atoned for your 2008 McCaine endorsement. With your help back then we ended up with the weakest candidate at the worst possible time in our history.

Tomolena1 on January 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We should vote for Mitt because he’s “handsome”? That’s a little shallow.

Rose on January 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Newt can’t beat Obama? What is the Obama vision? 30 trillion in debt, apologizing to the Chinese for Ghengis Khan, memory lessons for fourteen million people so they can remember the dark Bush days when they were employed, promises that Moochelle won’t turn her back on us so we don’t have to watch her behemoth backside taunt us – actually I might vote for him on that one – NO NEW PIPELINES!!!, signing the surrender document in Beijing rather than Washington? Why would people vote for Obama, they might be stupid but that is a toxic combination of stupid and deranged.

Smedley on January 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Same could be said about Gingrich. Our choices have been severely limited by the MSM’s designations of who can win and who can’t win. Now we are told that it’s between neocon Gingrich and neocon Romney. Pick whom you deem the lesser of two evils. Big government conservatism or big government conservatism. Fabulous choice. If you want to choose the candidate who has a better chance at beating Obama I’d say it is Romney. He has much less baggage than Newt.

Jerry Bear on January 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on January 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Thanks for the link, Raquel. I just started reading the McCain Oppo file on Romney.

It’s quite the eye-opener.

GrannyDee on January 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

You must not have read the key part at the end. Of course they’ll accuse Newt of the exact same things. The difference is Newt will stick up for himself and call out Obama as well. Romney will just smile and say that we shouldn’t begrudge his success and that it is the American dream.

As for my being new to this… that was in 1996. I haven’t been new to the political game for a long time. Thanks for playing.

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM

We should vote for Mitt because he’s “handsome”? That’s a little shallow.

Rose on January 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Well, they voted for obama because he was “articulate”. The “American Idol” education..sad we also have those on our side though. That’s the same bunch who keep on saying Sarah is dumb. Should I cry or laugh? Don’t know anymore.

American Dream 246 on January 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Wait, so, Chuck Norris is endorsing Newt Gingrich? You mean the very same Chuck Norris who believes that vaccines cause autism? The same guy who believes that generically engineered crops are a massive conspiracy against America? Who thinks that smart meters are secretly killing us all with radiation? That guy? Yeah, I wouldn’t take his endorsement as something to gloat about.

theoddmanout on January 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Tomolena1 on January 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hmmm…I guess it all depends on your perspective. Maybe this is his atonement. Maybe he believes he is voting for the strongest candidate this time around.

Just Sayin on January 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Nice guy. Not a guy I would ever listen to regarding who to vote for. Newt smells.

echosyst on January 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Who cares?

I will not be part of a party that will nominate evil to attempt to defeat evil.

If Newt wins I’ll support a Ron Paul 3rd party, regardless of his wacky foreign policy and drug law views.

1punchWill on January 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM

In WWII we allied with the Soviet Union to defeat Hitler and end the Holocaust. I guess you wouldn’t have supported the US back then either. Sometimes the lesser evil is the only alternative that’s available.

Gladtobehere on January 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Chuck Norris also endorsed World of Warcraft.
Go figure.

Count to 10 on January 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Celebrity enorsement are not that big of deal.

Joe Gargiola for Ford, Vinnie “Two Times” Lasagna for Geraldine Ferraro,for Geraldine Ferraro, Sammy Davis Jr. for Nixon, and the San Diego Chicken for Ford.

Only the Bugs Bunny endorsement of FDR in 1944 seems to have produced any really favorable results.

Horace on January 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Gladtobehere on January 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Actually, the Holocaust was mostly hindsight. We really only allied with the Soviet Union because we were closer to the lands that the Germans invaded than the ones that the Russians did. We really should have gone to war with both of them and wiped them all out.

Count to 10 on January 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Tina,

It’s WND.com (World Net Daily) not WMD.com

Wigglesworth on January 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

If Chuck Norris is writing in it, then it’ll have the power of WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction).

Gladtobehere on January 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

The claim that Romney isn’t calling out Obama is just false. I mean, at least make an effort to sound credible.

njrob on January 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM

So you don’t have the excuse of being new to it. Then I guess you’re just not very good at it.

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO …

manwithblackhat on January 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Errr..it is
WND.com,
the Iraq war is over :O

burrata on January 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Really? Who won?

Solaratov on January 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

nonpartisan on January 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Careful, sport. You’re gonna get your keyboard all sticky.

Solaratov on January 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Chuck Norris would be cooler if he wasn’t so in the tank for Mike Huckabee who isn’t a conservative at all.

Dr. Tesla on January 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

…and he was acquitted of that…

jimver on January 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Not quite. He was impeached because of that.

In the senate, he was not convicted, though.

Solaratov on January 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Count to 10 on January 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It’s actually more complicated than you realize because German persecution of the Jews was well known before we entered the war. I think it did influence the climate of opinion and turned it against Hitler. For example, the atom bomb project started with a letter from Einstein, a committed pacifist and socialist, who was willing to put aside his personal beliefs to stop Hitler from getting an atom bomb. Persecution of the Jews played its part there. There were others too who felt that Hitler was more than just another European conquerer, but a madman out to destroy Western civilization.

Later, by the middle of 1942, stories of mass executions of Jews were coming out of Europe. While the press didn’t play up these stories in the U.S., probably because of the exaggerated claims of German atrocities in WWI, it was known in the US government that a Holocaust had started. Although FDR refused to do anything to stop the killings in the death camps, all the atrocities Hitler committed (against the Russians too) led the leaders of WWII to the belief that Hitler and his government was a monstrous evil that had to be completely destroyed. That was one of the reasons why they demanded an unconditional German surrender.

So while ending German atrocities wasn’t an explicit war goal, I do think it hardened their resolve to get rid of Hitler.

Gladtobehere on January 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

If they could get Mr. Norris in some well-written political ads based upon his entertainment persona, it could really help Gingrich a lot.

But I know better-they’ll just keep showing the same dopey stuff that every pol uses in their campaigns.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Almost 200 comments and no HornetSting?…

Gohawgs on January 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM

cicerone on January 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

So will I. I’m neither anti- nor pro-Romney. What I am is:

ABO: Anybody but Obama

stukinIL4now on January 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

ME2

If this isn’t your position, please stop pretending you are upset with Obama. Anyone whose ego is so fragile that they will “pout and not vote” is a troll of one stripe or another. A lot of the people added during the last two open registrations seem more focused on the number of posts they make than having something to add to a discussion. Please go back to Facebook – it’s where you will be happiest.

PolAgnostic on January 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Chuck Norris is a nice guy; but he’s not known for his intellect. ‘Nuff said.

America Hates Newt Gingrich.

mountainaires on January 21, 2012 at 8:01 AM

One idiot endorses another! Gingrich is perceived as the smartest man in the room by the dumbest man in room.

lhuffman34 on January 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM

When the Boogyman goes to sleep, he searches his closet for Chuck Norris……

…… Chuck Norris doesn’t sleep, he waits

itsspideyman on January 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM

mountainaires on January 21, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Course, if this same poll substituted Obama, this would be chalked up to racism.

itsspideyman on January 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM

chuck,you got your azz beat by a 120 lb 2ft chinese,so therefore i dont need your advise.

my best chuck movie’s are: ”forced vengeance,” and ”code of silence.”

svs22422 on January 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Norris/Norris 2012!

ronsfi on January 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

You’ve got my vote!

Tim_CA on January 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

nonpartisan

I see your name and read your comments..
only one word comes to mind: OXYMORON

czarcasm on January 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Careful, sport. You’re gonna get your keyboard all sticky.

Solaratov on January 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM