Video: Herman Cain endorses “the people”

posted at 5:53 pm on January 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

He said it’d be “unconventional,” didn’t he?

People are going to goof on him for this, but what did he have to lose? His endorsement means little anymore so neither Romney nor Gingrich would have felt indebted to him for giving it to them. In fact, I’m sure they’re both relieved to have not gotten it. If he backed Mitt, the media spin tomorrow would emphasize support from an also-ran as a metaphor for Romney’s fading chances in South Carolina. And if he threw it to Newt, you know full well what the spin would be. Turns out he’s going to deliver the Tea Party Express’s SOTU response next week, so consider this a little advertisement for that.

Exit question: How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

As a teenager who’s hoping to have a career in government, NextGenerationVoters on January 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I didn’t see a sarc tag. You really should set your sights a bit higher for your future.

dentarthurdent on January 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Unless she’s got her sights on being the head of the EPA. Now that’s some real power there.

BacaDog on January 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Herman Cain endorses “the people”

i put it up there with time’s person of the year winner ‘you’

cmsinaz on January 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Malachi45

I agree with annoyinglittletwerp.

Perry engineered his own political demise. Cain didn’t do it, nor did anyone else.

Cain was not on stage during the debates whispering in Perry’s ear: “Call them heartless” or “Don’t answer that. Just stare into the camera for a few minutes like a total doofus.”

At least Cain had the class to withdraw without whining, pissing and moaning about how badly the other candidates treated him.

Perry’s withdrawal was not without class – his supporters, or a large number of them, have shown no class whatsoever over his withdrawal.

When as ardent a Perry supporter as ALT is willing to state that Perry was his own worst enemy, the rest of youse should tone down the whining a bit.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Exit question: How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

*Puts endorsement up on shelf next to her Time magazine cover and her Nobel Prize and thinks*

This and $500,000 taxpayer dollars will get me that failed solar company I’ve always wanted!

Lily on January 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Exit question: How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

My computer crashed so I lost the big facepalm image; can someone paste it here so I can save it to My Pictures?

Thanks. That’s the way I feel.

ProudPalinFan on January 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

What??? Does the name Ginger White ring a bell?

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Have you have a chance to research who she is yet? Might want to start with Ms.Vay Hermain is old news, next……..

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

What??? Does the name Ginger White ring a bell?

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Where is Ginger White? Where is Gloria Allred? Why would Gloria disappear without a settlement? She destroyed Meg Whitman’s race for Gov of CA, by and through a settlement to “Nikki. Me Nikki. Me poor Mexican illegal worker for Evil Meg Whitman”.

Where is Ginger White? Gone? Where are the other so-called hoes?

Gone.

Just like Herman Cain. They destroyed a good and decent man at the altar of the democrat plantation.

Key West Reader on January 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Lily on January 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

LOL. I like it! “Her”.

It fits.

Key West Reader on January 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

He said it’d be “unconventional,” didn’t he?

You know, I like the guy. But this time he’s taken corny, shameless self-promotion to a whole new level.

Good lord. The Donald would be too ashamed to pull this off.

BacaDog on January 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

cyncook

Ah yes, Ginger. A mountain of credibility.

Decade long affair? No proof, no dates, no places, no one saw them together, sued by her lesbian business partner, had a restraining order issued against her for stalking, history of evictions, etc.

You mean that Ginger White?

HaHaHaHaHaHa!

I’ve been carrying on a decade-long affair with Angeline Jolie. I got no records at all, no one has seen us, I can’t give you a single date when we were at a single place, but, hey, prove me wrong.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Heh. IIRC, his campaign manager attacked Perry right out of the chute, as the source, after the first accusations surfaced.

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

You want to make a positive change in Washington?

Become a hooker. You’ll have more self-esteem and appreciation from your friends and family than you would if you went into government service.

JohnGalt23 on January 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Well I would change that government service to politician (to avoid painting some of our fine military members with the same brush) but otherwise heck ya

Bunsin2 on January 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Exit question: How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

Proud, since I won’t be voting for any of the candidates.

Love the byline.

MadisonConservative on January 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Key West Reader on January 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I was replying to this:

thphilli

Got any proof or evidence for your dishonest, baseless accusations that Cain committed “adultery” or was “unfaithful” to his wife.

I mean, of course, mere allegations from some untrustworthy bimbos?

And even the bimbos only said he acted “inappropriately” or made them “uneasy.” Not a single woman at any time anywhere ever alleged Cain had sex with them.Yet, you make such a smarmy accusation based upon nothing.

I’ll wait patiently for your proof or evidence. Any statement from any woman of sex with Cain, other than his wife, will do. But, I am a geezer, so I can only wait a limited number of years.

Mangez-moi, btw.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Video: Herman Cain endorses “the people”

That’s gotta be a dog whistle of some sort.

Scrappy on January 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM

How about respecting a nice young poster who wants to do more to help fix things than sit around pounding a keyboard?

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Now fisher biddy is a concerned troll. Well good for her :)

Bunsin2 on January 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

You said this:

Mangez-moi, btw.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I was just pointing out that you were wrong. I can understand if that is hard for you to admit that, but you were still wrong.

One time we were having sex, and I was looking up at the ceiling, thinking about, ‘What am I going to buy at the grocery store tomorrow?

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

a capella

Uh, show me the words, “Cain’s campaign manager” in my post. I’ll wait patiently.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Good lord. The Donald would be too ashamed to pull this off.

BacaDog on January 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

But he would have looked gooood doing in the hair piece!

Bunsin2 on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Good message; poor delivery.

Bottoms up, y’all.

ElectricPhase on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

cynccook

You’re right. My mistake. Due to her incredibly incredible credibility, I overlooked Ginger. And she came in at the tail end of the other hoes, so was easy to forget.

My error.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Now fisher biddy is a concerned troll. Well good for her :)

Bunsin2 on January 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

That still smarts a bit?

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

cynccook

My error.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I was just doing it to tease you, Horace, I know you’re a good guy! Besides you’re one of the popular kids now, right? Think about all those folks reading this who missed the open reg wishing they could tell me what a smug jerk I am for pointing it out! :-D

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

That still smarts a bit?

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Umm no just having fun tonight after a stressful day.

Please pass the peanuts.

Bunsin2 on January 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I assumed Cain was responsible for his organization, being a CEO type and all. You infer he wasn’t?

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I didn’t even know I won a Nobel prize.

ProudPalinFan on January 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

……..sigh……

Whatever. Goodnight, Herman.

Wolfmoon on January 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

cyncook

Gawd, you’re such a smug jerk, aren’t you?

I didn’t miss open reg.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Thanks for helping destroy the ONLY conservative in the GOP race, Gov. Rick Perry. Herman you’re an idiot. Why don’t you just go away.

rtsidedragon on January 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Im a strong Perry supporter(I guess i should say was) and he’s my governor-but Perry is partially to blame for his campaign issues.
Really.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Get used to it, ALT.

The Palinistas that I dubbed “bitter Palinistas” will be nothing compared to the “bitter Perrynistas” that have resulted from the shabby treatment that was meted to Gov. Perry by some conservative pundits and commenters.

I am not bitter just disappointed but I kind of saw the fickle nature of the GOP electorate from the see-saw nature of the polls as they jumped from one frontrunner to another based on media hype.

Anyone that thinks Obama will be defeated this year while he has the media firmly in his corner is smoking something too good.

Never going to happen – not with the fickle electorate easily manipulated by media that we have.

TheRightMan on January 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM

You infer he wasn’t?

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Correct English usage would be that I “implied” Cain wasn’t responsible as CEO for what his underlings said, while YOU would have “inferred” that this is what I was saying.

Now that I realize your limitations, suffice it to say that you alleged that Cain dumped on Perry while it was actually his campaign manager, to which statement I then replied.

But, you keep comin’ back. There is a solution.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Well, at least he didn’t endorse the Village People.

radjah shelduck on January 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

cyncook

Gawd, you’re such a smug jerk, aren’t you?

I didn’t miss open reg.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Aren’t you supposed to be some kind of a southern gentleman or something? :-D

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

TheRightMan

Yeah, them dumbass, easily manipulated voters. Got alot of respect for your fellow Americans, don’t you?

“He came unto his own and his own receiveth Him not.” John’s Gospel.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

radjah shelduck

Y-M-C-A!

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Exit question: How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

If nominated, I will not run.
If elected, I will not serve.

……………………….

I expected something lame, something completely self-serving something making the build-up and teasing when he was on Hannity’s radio show a few weeks ago.

But this was much more lame and silly than I assumed it would be.

LegendHasIt on January 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I have a lot of respect for my fellow Americans as individuals but as a voting bloc – nope!

After all, they saddled us with Obama – didn’t they?

I thought they had seen the light in 2010 but I doubt it.

Some of my fellow Perry supporters are actually making a good argument that Perry was rejected because even so-called conservative voters couldn’t bring themselves to accept the radical change he was proposing.

They love their entitlement programs too much and the status quo.

Hence the relatively high support that the status quo politicians enjoy.

On such an electorate, I wish four more years of Obama. It might be just the cure that is needed.

And you know what? If the Dems can destroy America, better it happen in my lifetime than in my children/grandchildren lifetimes.

TheRightMan on January 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

cynccook

More of a half-Southern (mother’s side) poltroon who engages in poltroonery, actually.

At least I apparently alone among Hot Gassers, am observing the 205th birthday of the honorable and noble, Robert Edward Lee today.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

But, you keep comin’ back. There is a solution.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

You keep saying this to people, btw. You of all people should be cognizant of the fact that all registered commenters are allowed to post whenever they want, as long as they follow a few extremely general rules. Weren’t you the one bristling at the fact that some long-time posters acted like they owned this site?

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM

cynccook

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Well I guess if you don’t count the General Lee shaped cake at our annual General Lee party/parade.

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

TheRightMan

Surprisingly, I agree with most of what you said.

The Founders never intended the almost mob-rule, faction-ridden form of politics we now have.

As we have abandoned the Constitution, the solemn selection of a President by a College of Electors has been replaced by a three-ring circus of nonsensical drama sessions described as “debates.”

We gave up States’ Rights by abandoning the selection of Senators by State Legislatures in favor of creating another House of Representatives with six year terms.

We gave up self-rule to nine Justices who have a lifetime of absolutely no accountability to the American people.

The Founders, along with Plato and Aristotle, hated democracy as mob-rule by the lowest and most vulgar levels of society which inevitably led to tyranny.

I have four grown children who will never experience the “Ike’s America” I lived in as a kid.

So, like I said, for once we agree on some things.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

-Allahpundit

I think whether rightly or wrongly accused that it’s past time for Herman to take his partly gifts and exit the stage.

DFCtomm on January 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Point taken.

Pretty small nit to pick. You keep avoiding the question at hand. Was Cain responsible for his own campaign positions? Yes or no?

But, you keep comin’ back. There is a solution.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Just answer the question. Or not.

a capella on January 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Cain was the “True Conservative” who “could beat Obama” a few months ago. In here.

AYNBLAND on January 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM

cynccook

How can telling people to “keep coming back” possibly be an attempt to limit their posting?

BTW – it’s a personal source of amusement. “You keep comin’ back. There is a solution” are words used all the time at AA meetings to encourage newcomers.

A cake shaped like Lee? You are a gentleman, Sir, I say, a gentleman.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Horace
Thought I might find you over here. What’s Shakin?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Cain is still looking for love, in all the wrong places.

Pork-Chop on January 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

wtf? seriously…

GhoulAid on January 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

cynccook

A cake shaped like Lee? You are a gentleman, Sir, I say, a gentleman.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

So you can honestly say that when you say “you keep coming back; there is a solution,” you are not being disparaging? Not personally being an alcoholic, I do not know all of their catchy slogans. Also I am a lady. “cyn”= Cyndy.

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

TheRightMan on January 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I think you’re right, rightman. I think I’ve gone thru the sadness, the denial, now it’s getting to downright anger. LOL. Thank God for Jack Daniels :o) You’re analogy about Perrynistas/Palinistas is spot on. I can feel it in my bones. As Walt at DDR said so eloguently – paraphrasing here – it’s all I can do not to go out and kneecap some of these people. But then, hell hath no fury than a Perrybot scorned. A very proud Perrybot, I might add. Apologies to Cain & Cainites for not spending this entry talking about him/them.

rtsidedragon on January 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

a capella

Depends.

If Cain knew his campaign manager was going to talk to the press and knew he would attack Perry and didn’t stop it, something he should have done, then Cain was responsible.

If Cain didn’t know, then he wasn’t responsible.

If Cain’s campaign manager lied to Cain about what he was going to say, then Cain wasn’t responsible.

And, perhaps Cain should have disciplined his campaign manager or disowned his remarks whether he knew or not.

Not being privy to the actual facts and conversations, I cannot say more than “depends.” If Cain ever shares the facts with me, I would be in a better position to say “Si,si” or “No,no.”

As an NCO in the Navy, my responsibility for actions or inactions always was dependent on the circumstances. Same for a CEO. Same for Cain.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Romney will be touting his getting the Herman Cain endorsement. After all, Willard thinks he’s just one of the little people.

they lie on January 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Horace
Oops you appear to be busy, catch at QOTD?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

cynccook

It isn’t disparaging. Actually, in real life, these are phrases of encouragement and concern. And I keep hoping to catch some AAer who will come back with “you need to be restored to sanity.” (paraphrase of Step 2 of the 12 Steps)

You’re a female of the feminine persuasion? Well, slap my ass and call me Sally.

Then, you are a gentlewoman, I say, a gentlewoman.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Bmore

The usual. Fish in a barrel and having fun.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Horace
Happy Robert E Lee day right back at ya! You at the debate at 8

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Evidently, Herman Cain is going to be at the Stephen
Colbert rally
tomorrow. (Fast forward to 2:00.)

Hot Gas on January 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Then, you are a gentlewoman, I say, a gentlewoman.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

It’s like you are channeling some kind of profane Foghorn Leghorn character.

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

As a former Time magazine Person Of The Year, I’m honored by this endorsement.

JohnTant on January 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I’d like to thank Mr. Cain for his endorsement.

Our campaign is excited at the opportunity to demonstrate to Cain supporters who may feel disenfranchised that our goals are, and have been, the same as theirs: Fiscal sanity and responsibility, limited government, and a robust defense.

—– Axe/Palin 2012 —–

Axe on January 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

doh! Should have called first.

* —– Axe/TBA 2012 —–

Axe on January 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Bmore

The usual. Fish in a barrel and having fun.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Ahem.

cynccook

My error.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Fish. In a barrel.

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

whats the status on herb’s lawsuit against politico?

chasdal on January 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

cynccook

One of the most fascinating things about the Internet is that the vast majority of the people on this site or any other site are not what they claim or try to be, which also means they don’t now who they’re dealing with. (maybe except for ALT, who provides a hourly description of her daily activities.)

“All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts” – Shakespeare, As You Like It.

Having practiced law for over twenty years and then teaching it, I can argue every side of every issue, which is why I can be called a Mittbot, a Palinista, a Perrykrishna, a Paul zealot and a Newt Lover and a Perry Hater all at the same time.

On the other hand, I could be a one-legged homeless dwarf posting online at the public library with a flask of cheap whiskey in my back pocket, for all you or anyone else knows.

“Say, you wouldn’t be a chicken, would you?” – Henry the Hawk from the Foghorn Leghorne cartoons.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

For a moment, I thought he was gonna say, “This revolution … WILL be televised.”

manwithblackhat on January 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Let me take this moment to praise those who saw this ass-clown for what he is, and has so powerfully proved himself to be, and spoke the clear truth for all to hear, especially … me.

Jaibones on January 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I’m endorsing a ham sandwich. It has a real chance of beating Obama unlike any of the GOP contenders on display.

lexhamfox on January 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Said it before, I’ll say it again… Herman “Shuck ‘n Jive” Cain. Idiot.

greeneyedconservative on January 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thanks for adding so much to the conversation, Herman.

Odds on one of the candidates waggishly claiming this means Cain endorsed him? My odds-on favorite would be Perry.

HitNRun on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

What I want to know is “Has Herman Cain’s slander suit gotten him the keys to Gloria Allred’s NYC abode yet?” if not he needs to shut up !!

KenInIL on January 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I’m glad that Cain did not join the politicians in their game. He is a man of solutions and I hope he continues to speak of solutions. I do hope he would try to influence the 2012 election but not the presidential election. He should try to help elect a House and Senate that can overturn a presidential veto–no matter who is president. Hopefully, such a congress could make the bold moves to correct the country’s path for the sake of my eleven grandkids.

Hoppy on January 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Gee. I’ve been endorsed by someone who’s never met me. How authentic.

Ronnie on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Cain is a man of impressive accomplishments who somehow decided to make an ass of himself.

His resume blows away all the other contenders. And then he does…whatever the heck you call this.

CorporatePiggy on January 20, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I miss Cain.

Even when the MSM got ugly, and their exceptionally-pale-skinned, lib-tard pundints questioned his “authenticity” (while simultaneously hurling sterotypical insults at him) he seemed to be having a ball.

A good conservative, an exceptional businessman…..and never boring.

That’s a guy I want to have a beer with.

Tim_CA on January 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Poor Herman. All the good things he said and did were just undone in one fell swoop. He just made himself totally irrelevant by grandstanding and saying nothing of substance. Sounds to me like a guy who can’t or won’t make a choice he would have to stand up for and be counted. Sad!

Art on January 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

How do you feel about Herman Cain having just endorsed you?

I feel like I’m standing on a hill with the wind on my back and can hear encouraging Pokemon 2000 end-credits music playing.

‘Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It’s never easy when there’s so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There’s a mission just for you and me.’”

shick on January 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Love or hate him, I want to re post something I wrote the day Herman suspended. I drove down to the ATL to see him off. I stood 20 feet away from him while he gave his speech. I don’t like to tear into the folks you all support excepting Baby Dr. Paul. Maybe You disparaging Cain supporters is my payback for that. Fine. Hate is a more powerful emotion then love I’ve heard it said. For all of you to consider. We should have respect for the folks that put themselves up for public office in almost all instances. I should even be doing the same for Dr. Paul. I stand corrected.Thanks.

Yesterday about 1000 of the most staunch Cain supporters in Georgia showed up to see him off. Many of us there were sure about what he would say for the most part when we got there. We went because we support and admire the man and for any of his failings we still love him. We know him better then most others out there. Herman has always been straight with us and he was again yesterday. I stood there yesterday front and center with Herman Cain and listened to a man own up to it. He did this with his closest supporters, not fair weather types, Family. Herman Cain is a fine and decent man, it showed yesterday, he was truly humbled. Not an easy thing to do. He greeted everyone in attendance and was sincere. Herman summed it up perfectly in just a few words, just like he often does. “We had to come to this conclusion that it would be best to suspend this campaign,” and it was done. He made the correct decision, based not on emotion, but on logic.

Bmore on January 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM

cynccook on January 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Just curious – would that cake be shaped like a person or a car? /s

dentarthurdent on January 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Who is this Herman Cain?
I vaguely recall hearing about him…wasn’t he governor of Alaska or something?

greataunty on January 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Oh wait….that was Franf Murkowski.
nevermind