Open thread: Thunderdome

posted at 7:35 pm on January 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

8 p.m. ET on CNN. The last remaining obstacle to Romney running the table is Gingrich’s last-minute surge in South Carolina, so yes, this is in fact the most important debate of the campaign. Now that Perry’s out, it’ll also be the debate with the fewest participants, which means extra time for answers and bloodsport. Three questions. One: Will Gingrich bring up Romney’s offshore investments? The Democrats are already prepping an attack about that, and you know how much Newt’s campaign enjoys borrowing Democratic talking points about Bain — whether they’re fair or not. Two: Who does Santorum attack? Newt is his big problem in consolidating the conservative vote, but unless Newt implodes over the next 36 hours (always possible but not probable), there’s no chance Santorum will vault into contention in SC. If he spends the debate tearing Gingrich down, all he’s really doing is helping to carry Romney over the finish line.

Three: How much time, if any, will be spent on Gingrich’s ex claiming he wanted an “open marriage”? And if it does come up, how aggressive will/can Newt be in pushing back against her? Via Matt Lewis, this tidbit from today’s New York Post is intriguing:

In 1995, when Vanity Fair magazine asked Marianne what would happen if Newt ran for president, she boasted she could derail the bid with a single TV interview.

“He can’t do it without me,” she said.

“I told him if I’m not in agreement, fine, it’s easy.

“I just go on the air the next day, and I undermine everything . . . I don’t want him to be president, and I don’t think he should be.”

Was she … joking? She said that to Vanity Fair three years before she found out about Newt’s affair, so it wasn’t an embittered reaction to his infidelity. Follow the link to Lewis’s post and see what his source has to say about it. Also, according to the AP, Newt wasn’t the only party to the marriage capable of making devastating announcements over the phone:

Documents related to the divorce filed Friday in Cobb County Superior Court include a separation agreement signed by the couple and notarized in December 1987. There is no indication it was ever filed.

Browning said Marianne Gingrich called her husband on his birthday in June 1987 to tell him she was leaving him. Gingrich, he said, came back to Georgia to find his home emptied out.

He’s not going to bring any of that up tonight, obviously. It’s too risky to attack the aggrieved spouse you cheated on, even if she started attacking first, so he’ll leave that to his campaign surrogates. Newt’s message will be (a) that he’s sought forgiveness from God and (b) you should, as always, be more angry at the media than at the Republican they’re reporting on. (For a response to that, watch Jenny Sanford’s appearance on “Hardball” today.) That’s good enough to get Blitzer to back off him, but what about Santorum and Romney?

Here’s the Hot Air/Townhall Twitter widget. If you missed it earlier, go read Bill Kristol’s tongue-in-cheek imagining of Mitch Daniels’s SOTU rebuttal next week. The dream of a late entrant to wake us from this Kafkaesque primary nightmare shall never die. Exit quotation for Daniels, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, and Bobby Jindal: “Vada a bordo, cazzo.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 19 20 21 22

Santorum use to get “feisty” on the senate floor. You do know that he co-authored the Welfare Reform Bill and was the person most responsible for getting it passed in the senate. Some of his speeches then were epic. He took on Kennedy and Moynihan. He also pushed through the ban on partial birth abortion and was instrumental in uncovering the House banking and post office scandals. I watched him take it to the democrats many times. While Newt is good at throwing out one liners, Santorum is an actual debater and he is relentless.

fight like a girl on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Interesting post. I thought Santorum was very strong tonight. He did not hold his punches and he landed a few good ones.

KickandSwimMom on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

blueray, blueray,

independentvoice also called me an “idiot” in addition to using the “A” word.

That makes it two to one.

Where, oh where, is your concerned concern NOW?

Do something, please.

You first criticized me, remember? How can you let others run amuck?

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I like you, tell ya what, you might want to leave that one alone. If you don’t, don’t blame me.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Like he was short selling companies that went bankrupt…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Well you don’t short companies that are about to become really successful, do you? Well YOU might.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

That still bothering you?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Nope. Just noting how you evade engagement. You’re “too busy” to discuss anything, but you have time to make little snide replies.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, and… JohnnyMac, GWF, Bob Dole and the Bushes, say, “Thank you for your support.”

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I could nuke this but I have a feeling my efforts would be lost so instead I’ll roll my eyes, shake my head a bit and smirk.

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

KickandSwimMom on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

He finally figured out that the most aggressive attacker in this election wins. UNLESS they sound whiny.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Count me in!!

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

All righty then, here’s what ya do, find a week one first. You know to hone your skills. You look around here some more, I’ll go over there for a while, and check back. Choose wisely, I already gave you one tip, you can take to the bank. Remember weak ones first.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Go help the kid with her homework, and I come back to a slap-fight!

Tim_CA on January 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

There are a lot of hardcore conservatives that bailed from the party.

John the Libertarian on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Yes they did. I came back into the fold this last year when I had to update my license for the new state. But I can go back to the independent side.

astonerii on January 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Who the F is KevinWGlass and why is he an idiot?

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Dante
Seriously, you are inferring that which doesn’t exist. Did you follow the directions. But really I do have to get off this thread. Make sure you followed the directions. I’ve told you I harbor no ill will towards you. Follow the da_n directions!

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

blueray, blueray,

independentvoice also called me an “idiot” in addition to using the “A” word.

That makes it two to one.

Where, oh where, is your concerned concern NOW?

Do something, please.

You first criticized me, remember? How can you let others run amuck?

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

The Hall monitor has spoken earlier on the subject. You both attacked each other, lay down your sticks and go back to Math Class and learn Obamanomics.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Nice to know Mitt has locked up the smirker constituency.

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

LOL … I’m a big girl, with what I’ve been through in my life? I can handle anything and I never blame anyone but myself :)

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

week = weak

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

go back to Math Class and learn Obamanomics.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

….but bammie’s not done making obamanomics yet……

Tim_CA on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Who the F is KevinWGlass and why is he an idiot?

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Isn’t that Jan Brady’s imaginary boyfriend?

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You’re a girl?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Bmore

Ah, yes. The honorable and noble R.E. Lee. Born January 19, 1807.

Son of “Lighthorse” Harry Lee, Washington’s cavalry commander. Married to a descendant of Washington. Once called what is now Arlington Cemetery his home – seized without compensation by Lincoln’s thugs.

Commandant of West Point. Hero of the Mexican War. Arrested John Brown and his gang at Harper’s Ferry and saw to their hanging. Offered command of the federalist army by the tyrant, Lincoln.

Served as President of a university. Family man. Adored by his troops. Grand strategist. Almost won against frightful odds. A citizen of Virginia first, then the power-hungry gang in Washington calling itself, by Lincoln’s fabrication, the Union.

After 205 years, we have seen no one near his caliber, except perhaps Eisenhower.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

….but bammie’s not done making obamanomics yet……

Tim_CA on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

It’s a supplemental textbook based down by government mandate in
NCLB.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

go back to Math Class and learn Obamanomics.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

More Deficit + More Welfare = More Jobs

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Nice to know Mitt has locked up the smirker constituency.

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I didn’t say anything about Mitt; I haven’t settled on a candidate yet and I’m impressed by all of them. My point was the Limbaugh Rule is really stupid.

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I’d like to elect them all as a board of directors.

(Then sell pay per view of their board meetings)

Of course Newt and Mitt would fight to the death to be chairman so we’re back to square one.

I like Newt.

If there’s some way to make Mitt ACT on what he says he is and will do, I’d be ok with him.

I think Newt would rally more to vote and we’d have a MUCH better down ticket which is crucial.

Therefore, I hope Newt wins big Saturday. He should.

golfmann on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Bmore

Another thing – of all the great generals Eisenhower could have picked as his favorite, he chose Hannibal.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
You’re a girl?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment or be offended??

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

More Deficit + More Welfare = More Jobs

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

One Gold Star for you :)

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I certainly wasn’t applauding Bill Clinton’s horrid behavior. Makes me wonder about these douches in SC.

rubberneck on January 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Then perhaps you are misinterpreting their behavior. Nevertheless, its nice of you to slur all of them.

GaltBlvnAtty on January 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Horace
Yes sirree Robby boy. Quite familiar with him as you might imagine. Got to see Harper’s Ferry just last year. My wife, Daughter of the Revolutionary war that she is has been to all the battlefields several times and again.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

More Deficit + More Welfare = More Jobs

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

“More deficit + more welfare services for illegal aliens = More Jobs.

You missed the hand-out that day you skipped class.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Bmore

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

UH OH… dictionary AND 10th grade American History book…
shudder….

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Horace
Not a bad choice.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

ok, just got back from my meeting….

what was the grades?

cmsinaz on January 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

You may think you didn’t say it, but I think you said it all.

Seriously, you’re undecided? Or maybe, just an unbiased observer?

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Horace
For some reason I can’t quite discern why this little filly czarcasm would like to mount up with you. I tried to warn her away from Black Jack Davey, but alas she is having none of it. Please be gentle.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

NEWT…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on January 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Had to DVR the debate tonight but………………………….

Newt hit it out of the park with that well deserved MSM smackdown.
Couldn’t help but yell out NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. Loved it!!!!

redridinghood on January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

“More deficit + more welfare services for illegal aliens = More Jobs.

You missed the hand-out that day you skipped class.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Somebody took the handout that Americans won’t take.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Therefore, I hope Newt wins big Saturday. He should.

golfmann on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Newt will also rally more Democrats to vote against him in the general.

I don’t see Newt winning big, maybe 33 to 30.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I really must bid you all adieu. Off to late night QOTD! Have to see a man about a song.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

LOL, only thing I have to get used to is refreshing the page and scrolling back to see what I missed. :)

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

czarcasm

Brilliant riposte. Why I would use a dictionary to learn about either Eisenhower or Hannibal is beyond me, but I lack your discernment.

And 10th grade was the eleventh year, if you count kindergarten, of my twenty years of formal education, so I was far beyond that grade’s history textbooks when I began using a dictionary.

Do appreciate your keen reasoning and knowing response.

But, you keep comin’ back. There is a solution for you.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Enjoy your man and his song!

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Horace

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

LOL.. sorry to both of you, got horace mixed up with someone else. Really, I appologize for my sarcasm.. :)

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

CNN: Michelle Obama was caught sticking both her arms in the Cotton candy machines, and twirling them around covering them with the sugary treats. “Who needs sticks?”, Mrs Obama replied.

portlandon on January 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I need someone to make me laugh when Bishop is busy and not posting!
I can picture Moo Moo doing this, bouncing around in a sun dress…through my tears of laughter. Funny!!!

KOOLAID2 on January 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

czarcasm

I accept your apology in the way the noble and honorable, Robert E. Lee, would – with heartfelt sincerity, madame.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Newt will also rally more Democrats to vote against him in the general.

I don’t see Newt winning big, maybe 33 to 30.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

My dad is bigger than your dad.
No he is not, take that back.
No, it’s true.
No its not!

Man, you really need to up your game to at least 6th grade level.

astonerii on January 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Thank you.. :)

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

When does Nightline air?

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Thank you.. :)

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Good decision young lady ; ) You keep lookin.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM

allahpundit RT @DanFosterNRO: Whoever your guy is, does it not seem at this point that Obama is more likely to be re-elected than it did a month ago?

Hell no! The arrogant 0bamaNation continues to bury itself while burning its bridges.

ABO remains alive and well.

DannoJyd on January 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Why are people planning to vote for Newt? that guy would be a toxic disaster in the general election for down-ticket candidates….

At least with Romney we have a better shot at winning and if we lose at least our down-ticket candidates don’t suffer as much.

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

You all keep on keepin on, I have got to get to bed.
Gotta get up early to support everyone not working tomorrow..
Good night!

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Happy birthday to a great man! Lift up a glass of water in his name and in his honor.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Move to MA and then tell me that Romney is a “sure thing” to beat him.
You have no idea what O-bamaio has planned for him.. you really think they’re NOT prepared to cream him? Really?? He’s only been running for 8 years.
HE’S WHO THEY WANT TO RUN AGAINST, doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know??

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

One word, “Conservatism.”

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

More Deficit + More Welfare = More votes for the Dems

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Fixed.

galtani on January 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

You know those independent voters do not vote straight party tickets, right? They pick the president and then either ignore the rest or pick random names that spark a fond memory for them. But you know who usually vote straight party on the ballot? Republicans, particularly conservative ones.

Then there is the whole argument that our nation is lurching too far to the left and we only have this election to save the country. Well, Romney is not the bold man in the race willing to take heat by pushing bold plans. So, if we are so close to Armageddon, why would you vote for the guy that allows it to happen if he miraculously wins or he loses? Would you not actually grasp for the guy that if he does win can save the nation?

I doubt you asked the question with a serious need to have it answered, instead what you wanted to do is beg the question, which is a crappy logical fallacy argument that has an intended answer for those not well enough informed. Your audience is not that ill informed.

astonerii on January 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

More Deficit + More Welfare = More votes for the Dems

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Fixed.

galtani on January 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I stuck with the public version.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Newt will also rally more Democrats to vote against him in the general.

I don’t see Newt winning big, maybe 33 to 30.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Yes, cause the democrats will love him from his years as a speaker ::facepalm::

rubberneck on January 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Wow, Newt’s ex came across as old, bitter, and unreliable. There really wasn’t much to that interview.

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I still think Newt is a disaster waiting to happen, just like when he was Speaker and we threw him out.

After Perry’s demise, Romney is probably the strongest candidate in the general, but the truth is that Obama’s fate most likely lies with the economy. If he can convince independents it is turning around significantly, he wins. If they don’t believe him, he loses.

Adjoran on January 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Nightline gives but 3 minutes to Marianne’s story and then one minute to Newt’s attack on CNN for raising the issue at the beginning of the debate. Sounds like a big retreat to me. So, I guess the Obama/Axelrod machine has decided to hold off ABC on the issue, for a while, at least until they can regroup and figure out how Marianne’s story could have a better effect down the road.

OTOH, the Obama campaign may have decided that they’d rather run against Newt than Romney, after all, and so they shut down the ABC bullshit.

Something’s very odd here.

TXUS on January 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM

There really wasn’t much to that interview.

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

There never is??!!?.:)

Dire Straits on January 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Do appreciate your keen reasoning and knowing response.

But, you keep comin’ back. There is a solution for you.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Twenty years! You had a hard time learning, huh?

Vince on January 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Where’s Rick Perry? Oh, everyone forgot about him already?

rubberneck on January 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Okay, so 0bama has the unions, blacks, gays, Hollywood and the nasty-old -ex-wives locked up. It’s over.

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

She did not seem bitter at all and her story has not changed in the 12 years since Newt divorced her.
Sorry that she is as old as Newt and as young and plastic as Calista.

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Where’s Rick Perry? Oh, everyone forgot about him already?

rubberneck on January 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Stay in Texas, or help Newt clean up DC? Tough decision.

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Sarah Palin has a little “Operation Chaos” going on right now. You don’t want to wrap this up in Florida, do you?

ProudPalinFan on January 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Newt has had a lot more than just 2 affairs.

I fully expect the women to come out of the woodwork one by one once he is the nominee.

haner on January 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Just got out of work, how did the debate go? Any golden moments or just more talking heads?

mythicknight on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Suddenly the Clinton rumpswabs are concerned about being faithful in one`s marriage.

Typhonian on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Suddenly those who called Clinton immoral and unfit to serve are not concerned about Newt being a serial adulterer.

FIFY

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Love your snark, and also see that you listen to Rush (your posting name here!!)

Well Done.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

mythicknight on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You only need to watch the first 10 minutes. Slam dunk, Newt’s night.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Adjoran on January 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

‘WE’ threw him out? Don’t you mean the GOP elitists finally got rid of him due to the fear they felt when dealing with the man who created real change?

In the summer of 1997 several House Republicans attempted to replace him as Speaker, claiming Gingrich’s public image was a liability. The attempted “coup” began July 9 with a meeting of Republican conference chairman John Boehner of Ohio and Republican leadership chairman Bill Paxon of New York. According to their plan, House Majority Leader Dick Armey, House Majority Whip Tom DeLay, Boehner and Paxon were to present Gingrich with an ultimatum: resign, or be voted out. However, Armey balked at the proposal to make Paxon the new Speaker, and told his chief of staff to warn Gingrich about the attempted coup.[70]

On July 11, Gingrich met with senior Republican leadership to assess the situation. He explained that under no circumstance would he step down. If he was voted out, there would be a new election for Speaker, which would allow for the possibility that Democrats—along with dissenting Republicans—would vote in Dick Gephardt as Speaker. On July 16, Paxon offered to resign his post, feeling that he had not handled the situation correctly, as the only member of the leadership who had been appointed to his position—by Gingrich—instead of elected.[71]

DannoJyd on January 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Newt has had a lot more than just 2 affairs.

haner on January 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You can count on it.

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Not as old, bitter, and unreliable as Mr. Gingbat.

VorDaj on January 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM

You only need to watch the first 10 minutes. Slam dunk, Newt’s night.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yup.

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Danno, that is interesting. Tom DeLay, who was admittedly setup in Texas by an overzealous DA to prosecute DeLay on charges for laws that were not in effect when DeLay did whatever, and Boehner, this disgrace, disaster of a Speaker today, tried to get rid of Newt.

These spineless, gutless wonders always cave in to the lame stream media. Disgusting.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Ahh! The good ole days of Cigarman’s ‘Sluts and Nuts’ woman attack league. Isn’t it refreshing to see how easily silly women forget all about that? /s

DannoJyd on January 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Newt will get the young gals though. They like old, grey, fat grumpy men.

VorDaj on January 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sorry that she is as old as Newt and as young and plastic as Calista.

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

If she is not bitter, why did she give this TV interview last
Friday knowing it would air on the day of the debates or at least
in the same few days leading up to the South Carolina voting?

Why did she give the interview knowing that it would hurt Newt’s
daughters?

What kind of person does these things decades after the marriage
fell apart?

Amjean on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I’m glad that you appreciate that sharing of information.

While I do not consider myself to be a well informed guy I remain shocked by how so many refuse to do even the most basic of research. Google should be their best friend today.

DannoJyd on January 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

VidOmnia on January 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

She was really, really creepy. I’m shocked she still has framed pictures of her and Newt around the house. :-(

Punchenko on January 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Newt will get the young gals though. They like old, grey, fat grumpy men.

VorDaj on January 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

and I give thanks for that every night.

TitularHead on January 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Need I remind everyone that former President Clinton was a serial MAULER of women with numerous, unwanted advances towards them and some reported actual sexual assaults?

Do I honestly care what people are doing consensually in their own private bedrooms when our country is being dismantled by a commie pinko in the Oval Office (exaggeration for emphasis)?

Let’s keep our eye on the ball. I also said this when they took down Cain.

And is Cain was such a ladies’ man, where are all of the other women? Notice that as soon as he stepped aside, SILENCE?

Why are we allowing the main stream media to take down our candidates when they covered up the Edwards affair in 2008? The Clinton sexual aggressiveness? Obama’s completely unvetted?

Why?

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I know AP’s tweets are especially Eeyorish right now, but who can blame him? These are the four guys we have left to go to war with. It’s like it’s WWI and all our officers were slaughtered, and all we are left with is a drunk old sergeant, a crazy guy, the womanizer, and the senator’s son.

I’m beginning to lose faith in Otto von Bismarck’s saying…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

What kind of person does these things decades after the marriage
fell apart?

Amjean on January 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

The marriage did not fall apart.

VorDaj on January 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m beginning to lose faith in Otto von Bismarck’s saying…

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Eyes to the North, Palin to the rescue!!!

/waiting for the mittbots to explode here!!

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

fight like a girl on January 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

And if he would have continued onto what Clinton had done, I would not be looking at him. Instead, when confronted with it, he admitted his failings.

Just like all the other attacks on Gingrich, almost none of them stand up to scrutiny. If you do not want to vote for him, knock yourself out, but do not come around here with your holier than thou argument that we are some bunch of hypocrites because we were all in an uproar about Clinton’s provable lies told under oath.

astonerii on January 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Whiners who aren’t getting their way, and people who are easily swayed by the 0bamaGanda Media usually display selective, poorly programmed memories, and woe unto the fact sharers for they prove the laziness of the rest and we just cannot have that relevance at all.

Freedom comes with a price tag which too many refuse to pay for. They prefer to give their freedoms away at discount. /s

DannoJyd on January 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Just checking back in real quick before turning in. See there Dante we can agree on something. Cheers right back at you!

Bmore on January 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Eyes to the North, Palin to the rescue!!!

/waiting for the mittbots to explode here!!

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’m sorry, I thought you were going to say something helpful i.e. Daniels, Christie, Jindal. We already have a candidate whose excuse is to blame the media when they can’t provide a coherent answer to a questions.

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Danno, have you been here very long? I have become your fan in one night, just from 2 posts.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Mitt Romney, the Democrat, needs to drop out now. . .for the good of America.

Pragmatic on January 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

TimeTraveler on January 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

astonerii on January 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

astonerii, I’ve been trying to explain this to my many RL friends who support Romney, but it doesn’t seem to sink in. Not that they disagree necessarily; they just sort of brush it aside.

Just Sayin on January 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Look, can’t we all just agree that all of these candidates are awful? Whiskey anyone?

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on January 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

fight like a girl on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Agreed.

Elisa on January 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM

HT:

Daniels is a wimp who allowed the Dems to run from his state and did not forcefully deal with it like Walker did. (or his wayward wife for that matter).

Cristie is a blowhard, RINO bully who only has fans because he PWNS public union whiners in town halls (actually a good trait, but he is still a RINO)

Jindal was wise enough to know his time will come.

I actually believe Palin was the correct candidate this cycle. 24,000 emails and they have NOTHING on her. She is VETTED. She would smack down Obama in a campaign. She appeals to common sense PEOPLE. She has won more of her detractors over to her based on her editorials, commentating, and her real record came out in The Undefeated.

So while I was being snarky with my post, I truly believe our country missed an opportunity this cycle.

When she opted to not run, I have been on the fence. I like Newt, but then Newt does Newt. I like Cain to a degree, but he was not really prepared to run for the highest office. I like Perry, he has done a good job in Texas and I voted for him back when I lived there. I am warming up to Santorum, and liked what I heard in the last few debates. And he did a good interview with Mark Levin Wednesday night at the end of Mark’s show (or maybe Tuesday night).

I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER vote for Ron Paul, EVER. Fortunately I won’t have to, he won’t win the nomination.

Romney? If I am stuck with him in November, I will vote against Obama so I will reluctantly vote the GOP ticket. Notice I did not say FOR Romney. Obama is DESPERATE to run against Romney – he has the whole OWS 1%/99% campaign class warfare all ready to roll. Romney can not effectively articulate his way out of this scenario.

I used to want a brokered convention but now that I have heard you have to carry some states to be considered for later balloting if there is no nominee in the early ballot rounds, I fear the GOP permanent political class ruling elite RINOS will shove ROMNEY down our throats. THere is no hope we could have someone not even in the race today become the nominee.

karenhasfreedom on January 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM