Open thread: Thunderdome

posted at 7:35 pm on January 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

8 p.m. ET on CNN. The last remaining obstacle to Romney running the table is Gingrich’s last-minute surge in South Carolina, so yes, this is in fact the most important debate of the campaign. Now that Perry’s out, it’ll also be the debate with the fewest participants, which means extra time for answers and bloodsport. Three questions. One: Will Gingrich bring up Romney’s offshore investments? The Democrats are already prepping an attack about that, and you know how much Newt’s campaign enjoys borrowing Democratic talking points about Bain — whether they’re fair or not. Two: Who does Santorum attack? Newt is his big problem in consolidating the conservative vote, but unless Newt implodes over the next 36 hours (always possible but not probable), there’s no chance Santorum will vault into contention in SC. If he spends the debate tearing Gingrich down, all he’s really doing is helping to carry Romney over the finish line.

Three: How much time, if any, will be spent on Gingrich’s ex claiming he wanted an “open marriage”? And if it does come up, how aggressive will/can Newt be in pushing back against her? Via Matt Lewis, this tidbit from today’s New York Post is intriguing:

In 1995, when Vanity Fair magazine asked Marianne what would happen if Newt ran for president, she boasted she could derail the bid with a single TV interview.

“He can’t do it without me,” she said.

“I told him if I’m not in agreement, fine, it’s easy.

“I just go on the air the next day, and I undermine everything . . . I don’t want him to be president, and I don’t think he should be.”

Was she … joking? She said that to Vanity Fair three years before she found out about Newt’s affair, so it wasn’t an embittered reaction to his infidelity. Follow the link to Lewis’s post and see what his source has to say about it. Also, according to the AP, Newt wasn’t the only party to the marriage capable of making devastating announcements over the phone:

Documents related to the divorce filed Friday in Cobb County Superior Court include a separation agreement signed by the couple and notarized in December 1987. There is no indication it was ever filed.

Browning said Marianne Gingrich called her husband on his birthday in June 1987 to tell him she was leaving him. Gingrich, he said, came back to Georgia to find his home emptied out.

He’s not going to bring any of that up tonight, obviously. It’s too risky to attack the aggrieved spouse you cheated on, even if she started attacking first, so he’ll leave that to his campaign surrogates. Newt’s message will be (a) that he’s sought forgiveness from God and (b) you should, as always, be more angry at the media than at the Republican they’re reporting on. (For a response to that, watch Jenny Sanford’s appearance on “Hardball” today.) That’s good enough to get Blitzer to back off him, but what about Santorum and Romney?

Here’s the Hot Air/Townhall Twitter widget. If you missed it earlier, go read Bill Kristol’s tongue-in-cheek imagining of Mitch Daniels’s SOTU rebuttal next week. The dream of a late entrant to wake us from this Kafkaesque primary nightmare shall never die. Exit quotation for Daniels, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, and Bobby Jindal: “Vada a bordo, cazzo.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 18 19 20 21 22

their ‘brilliant’ 22 year old daughter voted for…Perot.
I’m sorry.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 19, 2012 at 10:22

see, we have something in common!

Coolidge_Conservative on January 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Santorum has ZERO leadership experience and damn near ZERO successful legislative record. And the best he can say is I’ve been the biggest voice? Same goes for Ron Paul.

rgrovr on January 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I’d say Paul has a very successful legislative record. He consistently says no to more government. Or are you upset that more laws and more bills aren’t passed?

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

And Paul will endorse him.

Rational Thought on January 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I can’t see Paul endorsing anyone in this field. Doubt he’ll even endorse Gary Johnson, although he might.

Firefly_76 on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thinking about why Romney won’t release his tax returns…

This is my theory…

He made money in the financial meltdown of 2008 that crushed business and people in this country…

He was probably short SP500 futures contracts, or even better he was shorting companies that needed a bailout such as GM or Bank of America…

Or better yet he was shorting Lehman or Bear Stearns and walked away with millions as these companies went bankrupt and people lost their jobs and homes Romney’s pockets got fatter…

I think Romney could be flawed candidate and Obama will have a field day with this…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

You would prefer someone who didn’t see it coming? Someone like Freddie Mac Gingrich, John McCain or Sarah Palin? I want someone with the brains to prevent these meltdowns.

Basilsbest on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

The horror!!!

BigWyo on January 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

The point was: the Independents swelled in popularity because the GOP had lost its way, particularly with the prescription drug entitlement and amnesty. There are a lot of hardcore conservatives that bailed from the party.

John the Libertarian on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Break it to her gently, and slower. makes savoring climax all the enjoyable.

cozmo on January 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Wow, that’s just profound, same advice he gave me. cozmo?……..Tenzin your holliness? Is that you?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Haven’t watched CNN this long in probably four years.
Right about the time they began to worship, slobber, and drool over Barack Obama.

bailey24 on January 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Newt has finally figured out how to be Jekyl and Hyde at the same time.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

annoyinglittletwerp

Just kidding about Judah Benjamin and your parents’ ages.

Nice when kids get old enough to actually discuss things with, isn’t it?

Much better than the “Put that down, get out of there, don’t do that, I’ll give you I’m bored, and hold it down, willya” days.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Can someone please tell me why you think independents and moderates, which we MUST have in order to beat Obama, would ever, in a million years, vote for Gingrich or Santorum? If either of them are the Republican nominee, they will vote Obama, or stay home.

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Firefly_76 on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Ron Paul is more likely to run third party in the ultimate “[expletive] you” to the Republican Party. Heck, he’s 76, old, cranky and has nothing to lose… I wouldn’t be surprised.

Myron Falwell on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Rational Thought on January 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Well, I think the only reason Santorum is so feisty, whether it’s his most recent performances or earlier ones is because it’s frustrating not to get a decent amount of screen time or questioning from the moderators. Somebody’s gotta look at debate performances back in his home state elections, see if he’s the same way then, but I doubt it.

The Nerve on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

See: Eisenhower, all illegals, deportation of, Vol I – Gathering the Gray Buses.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

“Pancho and Cisco” – Methinks you’re exposing your prejudice. Names and nationality don’t matter one bit – if you serve, you earn it.

independentvoice on January 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Paul’s legislative record consists of passing pork for his district, and sponsoring only one bill that passed – to allow sale of a poast office building. After 20 years, he did precious little to make government smaller.

Even if Paul got credit for stopping some bill or two, it is a very poor record.

WhatNot on January 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

One more day of work to go. Four o’clock the rooster crows. ‘Night debate analysts, one and all. ;)

predator on January 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

poast = post

WhatNot on January 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

JonBGood on January 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I really thought 2012 would be different. God, I miss Reagan.

BTW, I live in a red county in a blue state. How about you and your nephew?
What I really hate is the fact that by the time I get to vote in the primaries, the choice has usually been made or it comes down to 2 people I don’t like.

fight like a girl on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

HighLights..
============

Newt To Parents: “Elect Us, And Your Kids Will Be Able To Move Out Because They’ll Have Work”
Jan 19 2012
***********

“Why is President Obama for young people being allowed to stay on their parents’ insurance until 26? Because he can’t get any jobs for them to go out and buy their own insurance. I have an offer to the parents of America: elect us, and your kids will be able to move out because they’ll have work.”
===================================

canopfor on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Do you think they would vote Romney? I’m independent, I would choke voting for Romney..

herm2416 on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Now CNN is trashing the candidates via their truth o meter

Speakeasy on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

They are sick of Obama?

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

predator on January 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Night.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

If we could put Newt’s brain with Ron Paul’s convictions into Mitt’s body we’d have the perfect candidate.

JellyToast on January 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

This^

William Eaton on January 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Now CNN is trashing the candidates via their truth o meter

Speakeasy on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

And “proving” that Obama is a champion cost cutter in the process.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM

herm2416 on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Seconded. Romney is Obama with white skin, a real birth certificate, and the willingness to pander to conservatives instead of just trying to steamroller them.

MelonCollie on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

If you think Ron Paul will endorse Romney, Rational Thought,you may be lacking, or a complete lack of understanding of the Libertarian mentality.

A Libertarian will run a Kamikaze campaign if they feel they are not getting traction. Florida, not sure about your prediction of a Romney win, This is a state that elected hard core Tea Party conservatives to house and senate. Floridians don’t forget that easily.

Egfrow on January 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

You continue to spout ignorance.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

JellyToast on January 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Oh HELL yes!

MelonCollie on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

They are sick of Obama?

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

All mine are, extremely, he!! even my lib friends have had enough. They have families and financial obligations too you know.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

MelonCollie on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

So Romney is an Islamic Marxist?

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I have to say, I truly appreciate all of you.. even the freaks I don’t agree with (LOL) There are so many people who base their opinions on what the media tells them.
Here, we truly get to read and process so many different points of views… most with humor (which we desperately need right now)
I can honestly say, some of your comments really changed my way of thinking. It’s funny, when you hear something and think a certain way, then you see how someone else interprets it, that it opens your mind to see things in their view..
Too many Bud Lights.. so I guess all I really want to say is

“I love you guys”

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Gingrich won this debate from the first question. He knew it was coming, a high heater, and he slammed it over the fence. Whether it will give him a win in SC, the jury’s out, but the guy does have a feel for the moment in these matters. He is the ultimate conundrum, the Rubics Cube of politicians, as it were, but he does have a feeling for the moment. Romney, in my humble opinion, acquitted himself quite well, too, but SC ain’t the best stage for him, in any event. An uphill climb, at best.

TXUS on January 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

The rest of Newt Gingrich’s performance sucked, actually.

The Nerve on January 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

SO! You are related to some Nerve and Last Nerve !!!

ExpressoBold on January 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You continue to spout ignorance.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hey Dante, don’t have time to correct you right now, just wanted to say hi. See ya!

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Basilsbest on January 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Never said that, just saying Obama will have field day with that kind of ammo and could cost the Repubs the election…

If my theory is true, then he will not release those tax returns bc it could be the nail in the coffin for Romney…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Obama has to win with just Mooch’s and Sharpton’s votes. And I’m not totally sure about Sharpton.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

The Nerve on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Santorum use to get “feisty” on the senate floor. You do know that he co-authored the Welfare Reform Bill and was the person most responsible for getting it passed in the senate. Some of his speeches then were epic. He took on Kennedy and Moynihan. He also pushed through the ban on partial birth abortion and was instrumental in uncovering the House banking and post office scandals. I watched him take it to the democrats many times. While Newt is good at throwing out one liners, Santorum is an actual debater and he is relentless.

fight like a girl on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Meh. I guess different strokes; I’m finding the hypocrisy of the conservatives re: Gingrinch on morals and the others on attacking capitalism, makes me want to go independent from now on. It’s all very disappointing.

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I’m pretty hard-core anti-illegal immigration, but I also want to try to solve it, instead of indulge in pipe dreams like you.

You can’t deport them all. The social rot + MSM plus the sheer numbers + US economic dependency on semi-enslavement of brown people, will not tolerate it.

First you’d have protests then you’d have counter-protests. These would turn violent. Then when it came to putting the Mexicans into police vans, police would begin to be shot. Then the National Guard would get involved. Then roving gangs of illegals and roving gangs of vigilantes would begin shooting each other. Then martial law would be declared. Then the government would back down and let a lot of them stay.

You really want to play that, and call me a whiner? We need to move forward with a workable soultion. Closing the border is the first step, as Rick Perry said.

cane_loader

Sorry, we can’t close the borders. Can you imagine all the violence and unrest that will break out if we do that? The best thing to do is just open the borders, and say to hell with it all. It’s not like this is that important anyway….just the survival of the nation is all. Certainly nothing worth fighting for when surrender is an option.

Sheesh, give me a break.

xblade on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

forget that mushy stuff – I’m trying to push over 2000 comments on a NON PALIN thread!!!!!

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

WhatNot on January 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You should find fault with those who didn’t go along with him. He is only one vote, and his vote is consistently against more government and consistently in line with the Constitution.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Sure, but first tell me why conservatives (which which we REALLY must have) would support a candidate who has supporters with the second choice of Obama?

In other words, if one believes in smaller government, why would they vote for Obama-lite?

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

This is also my problem with social conservatives who don’t understand the fight must go to people’s hearts and world views, and think that by banning something they can legislate morality.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

What the heck are you talking about? You critics of social conservatives seem to get paid to display your ignorance of the people you attack.

America is historically a social conservative nation, it is the progressives who legislate their morality. They pushed prohibition, they try to redefine marriage, they legalized abortion on demand – these are liberal moralist agendas.

Your posts usually aren’t worth responding to and it doesn’t surprise me you are part of that rabid “legalize it!” crowd.

Daemonocracy on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Wrong. This one will vote Libertarian if Paul is not the nominee.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You win the award for least objective commentary of the debate.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Instead of worrying about comments on a blog, perhaps Mitt and his supporters should worry more about Mitt’s continually evolving positions.

Mitt’s been on both sides of most issues.

No wonder Mitt and his supporters have a glass jaw. ;-)

JonBGood on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Your theory is likely and I say that as a Romney supporter. I am disappointed he didn’t release his tax records.

He probably wasn’t even intentionally shorting the market, but just had put options in place to hedge himself from catastrophic losses, like all responsible investors. But the Dems and Newt are going to go after him regardless.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Listening to some of the more vocal Romney Derangement Syndrome sufferers some of them have Obama as a second choice.

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

if you serve, you earn it.

Uh…You forgot a couple of “If’s.” IF you are an American citizen, and IF you are not an illegal alien, if you serve, you earn it.

I “served,” I “earned” it and I am not an illegal alien.

And you can stuff that prejudiced crapola. Being against illegal aliens swarming across the border, sucking up welfare and living off tax-paying citizens is hardly “prejudiced.”

Of course, if you want to take in a family of illegals and the numerous anchor babies they drop and pay their way, be my guest. But others taxpayers should not have their money squandered involuntarily.

“Prejudiced,” my butt. You sound like Rick Perry – “We don’t care what your name is, we gonna give you free college and ever’thang.”

A-hole.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

NEWT…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on January 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Good point.

SparkPlug on January 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

What is unsettling about Newt is the constant mention of his daughters defense of him, whenever his past indiscretions are brought up.

Man up, man.

Ugly on January 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

It’s important to remember that both daughters: 1) are products of Newt’s first marriage to Jackie and 2) both work for him and are well-paid managers of his various businesses. You could hardly expect them to be objective.

bw222 on January 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

if you serve, you earn it.

I “served,” I “earned” it and I am not an illegal alien.

A-hole.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Watch the language.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Love that name you have, good choice, new?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

stukinIL4now on January 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Hume certainly has not gone “to the other side” (if you’re talking about liberals).

I did not see hte interview with Greta yet, but I will say that he doesn’t seem to be a very big fan of Newt. If he was talking about “anger”, he was probably referring to Newt’s ranting and raving about Bain capital and Romney’s Super Pac which certainly was not a pretty sight to behold. There is a difference between passion and anger, the former wins hearts and minds while the latter turns people off. Santorum often comes across as angry and it is a major turn off.

Daemonocracy on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I can see the Obama ad now…

Romney walked away with millions shorting Lehman and Bear as millions of people lost their jobs…

Romney the short selling leach…

Yup, no way you will see tax returns…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Hey Dante, don’t have time to correct you right now,

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I hope it’s because you’re too busy trying to explain what your point was in linking the video the other day.

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

BettyRuth

Why would they vote for Obama?

xblade on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Wow, this is depressing. I can’t see a path to the presidency here.

The only guy that can stand up toe to toe with BHO is Newt. Rick and Mitt don’t stand a chance with their lack of wit and the sure to launch anti-conservative media war. Newt will be completely trashed by election day. The MSM will make the Enquirer look like USA Today during this election.

The only guy that deserves to be elected is Ron Paul. But, so called conservatives are apparently just as afraid of liberty as BHO’s supporters. I just wish Uncle Ron could articulate an idea.

old school on January 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

There is plenty of fault to go around, and Paul must accept that he accomplished very little with his only one vote – which he had for a LOOOOOONG time.

Your response does not address the undeniable failure of Paul. It just tries to blame others for not talking to a high maintenance crank who would do little to make them successful.

For example, Paul has not been able to get bills on auditing the Fed, or any of the other positions he values but does not advance effectively.

WhatNot on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Horace
I don’t know who’s been busier, a lot of fish or a lot of barrels?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

You served – good for you. You’re still prejudiced – and an a-hole to boot. Have a nice life idiot.

independentvoice on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

JellyToast on January 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

This^

William Eaton on January 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

What Paul’s convictions? Racism and rabid anti-semitism? As a Jew I am more than offended by anyone who thinks Paul has brains. The one and only good thing I can thank him for is for giving us Rand Paul.

riddick on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Why would they vote for Obama?

xblade on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

They won’t. They’ll stay home. If Newt is our nominee, I’d have to have a real come to Jesus moment in order to vote for him.

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Erick Erickson is terrible.

Roymunson on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I can see the Obama ad now…

Romney the short selling leach…

Yup, no way you will see tax returns…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah he’s not releasing them after the nomination either. He would rather you assume the worst, because at least then there’s nothing concrete to hang on to, no ads to make.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Bluray

I meant “Angry Hole.” So what?

While you’re at it, watch THIS.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Dante on January 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

That still bothering you?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

BTW, I live in a red county in a blue state. How about you and your nephew?

fight like a girl on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I’m in a blue county in a blue state. Like you, the race is usually over before I get to vote in a primary.

My nephew is in a red county in a battleground state.

JonBGood on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Very true haner, those positions might have started small but as Lehman went to zero his puts went to the moon and he made a ton of money…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Now CNN is trashing the candidates via their truth o meter

Speakeasy on January 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

….and that’s the truth.

redridinghood on January 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

It looks like the Paulbots have found the poll on Drudge…

… Vote early, vote often!

Meh…

Seven Percent Solution on January 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Damn did you guys check out Intrade? After the debate Gingrich is 60/40 to win SC!

mitchellvii on January 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Well Obama is totally non-hypocritical on his Keystone Pipeline decision explanation, right?

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Do all of you who support Newt seriously believe he’ll will win a 50-50 audience over with his ‘swing for the fences’ condescending answers during a debate with Obama?

It’s fun now since the audience is basically on his side. But when the media-protected Obama is the recipient of his jabs, watch out, RAAACIST!!1!!!!11!!

mattshu on January 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

If Gingrich wins SC and Santorum quits the race, Gingrich could easily win FL. If that happens…

mitchellvii on January 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Man up, man.

Ugly on January 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

This.

Dragging the daughters into their parents problems is despicable. He also dragged out one of his grand kids today at campaign stop.

Stupid.

JPeterman on January 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

mattshu on January 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

No. But then I’ve been called a racist my whole life.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

independentvoice

Very intelligent, cogent and well-spoken riposte. I thought the cheap name-calling added an extra dimension of insight.

However, blueray, the hall monitor, is probably going to take notes on your “*-hole” comment. But, no nevermind. He/She/It doesn’t seem to understand your august level of eloquence.

How very exquisite it must be to be you. I mean, like all knowledgeable and stuff like that.

You keep comin’ back, son. There is a solution. It’s all in the Big Book.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Guys, lets say this theory is true, we CANNOT elect Romney…

He needs to release those records now or else if he gets the nomination then Obama will put so much pressure on him to release his taxes it will look like he is hiding something…

Like he was short selling companies that went bankrupt…

MGardner on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It’s either that or “come to Obama”.

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

yeah, but I don’t feel new
Been stalking you all forever, finally got to join..
unfortunately, so did a bunch of “other” people.. :/

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Mitt vs. Newt comes down to the Buckley Rule vs. the Limbaugh Rule.

Only a few months ago, I would have never imagined myself saying this,
“Newt 2012.”

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Bluray

I meant “Angry Hole.” So what?

While you’re at it, watch THIS.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

You can disagree without the language at the other poster. That is all.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

independentvoice on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Awh, come on now , what happened to good sportsmanship?

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Marianne confirmed she was telling the truth. Wew, at least you can trust SOMEBODY…

Igor R. on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Mitt vs. Newt comes down to the Buckley Rule vs. the Limbaugh Rule.

Only a few months ago, I would have never imagined myself saying this,
“Newt 2012.”

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Senator O’Donnell says “Hi!”

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

independentvoice

You keep comin’ back, son. There is a solution. It’s all in the Big Book.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Two wrongs by two posters doesn’t make a single right.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I don’t get it.. Romney needs to show his taxes.. Ron Paul can say “no, I’m embarrassed” to show you mine?? Everyone’s ok with that? He was a doctor, right? I know they make minimum wage and all…….

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Watch the language.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 10:47

Hey, Hall Monitor, independentvoice used the “A” word.

Aren’t you going to exhibit concern?

Or is your concern, oh, how do you say, “selective?”

Mangez-moi.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

BettyRuth on January 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Those that stay home or vote 3rd Party will have just pulled the lever for Obama. There is soooo much more at stake here.

redridinghood on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Some good, some bad, hey you want to help weed them out? I know of a job opening.

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

mitchellvii on January 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Intrade is not reliable immediately post-debate (people betting on emotions too much). It usually settles down by the morning.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Suddenly the Clinton rumpswabs are concerned about being faithful in one`s marriage.

Typhonian on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

1st place: Newt
2nd: Mitt
3rd: Santorum
4th: Paul

newt was on fire tonight. I would like more real content, but it obviously played well with that crowd.

McDuck on January 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Bmore

Re-loading. The barrel is full this time o’ the evening.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

independentvoice

You keep comin’ back, son. There is a solution. It’s all in the Big Book.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

OOHHHHH….someone got out the dictionary tonight, but apparently only got to the “e’s”
the big words stop at eloquence.. LOL

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 10:47

Hey, Hall Monitor, independentvoice used the “A” word.

Aren’t you going to exhibit concern?

Or is your concern, oh, how do you say, “selective?”

Mangez-moi.

Horace on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

You didn’t read my earlier post Horace. I said two wrongs by two posters doesn’t make a one right for either of you. Now take your demerit like a man and go back to the classroom before I put you into detention.

I have that power because I’m Hot Gas’s Hall monitor.

Bluray on January 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

You win the award for least objective commentary of the debate.

haner on January 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Says the unabashed MittWit.

ExpressoBold on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Horace
Good times I tell ya. Lee would be proud!

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bmore on January 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Count me in!!

czarcasm on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

alchemist19 on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Yeah, and… JohnnyMac, GWF, Bob Dole and the Bushes, say, “Thank you for your support.”

TitularHead on January 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM