Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on January 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

“For months, Mr. Gingrich has made racial resentment an integral part of his platform as a conservative challenger to Mitt Romney. He has traversed the country calling President Obama “the greatest food-stamp president in American history” and presenting African-Americans with the great revelation that they should prefer paychecks to federal handouts. When he was called on it at the debate by Juan Williams of Fox News, he took the measure of the crowd and doubled down…

“In South Carolina, where a Confederate flag still waves on the front lawn of the State Capitol largely because of the efforts of the state Republican Party, it remains good primary politics to stir up racial animosity and then link it to President Obama. Mr. Gingrich, Mr. Santorum and the crowd that cheered them are following in a long and tawdry tradition, singling out a minority group for lectures while refusing to support policies that help all Americans.”

***

“In the memo, Mr. Gingrich urges Governor Reagan’s campaign to reconsider its decision not to speak to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Convention.

“‘This is a great opportunity to prove that a conservative Republican can speak to the hearts and pocketbooks of Black Americans,’ Gingrich urged in the memo…

“Mr. Gingrich’s 1980 plea that the Reagan campaign should reach out to the NAACP and make inroads with black voters was just the first of many he has made to GOP candidates over many years.

“As ABC News has reported, in his book Real Change, Mr. Gingrich criticized President George W. Bush’s ‘failure to address the NAACP,’ which according to Gingrich, sent a ‘clear signal to the African American community that Republicans did not see them as worthy of engagement in dialogue.’”

***

“Romney and his fellow Republicans are making a case (at least relative to President Obama) for economic freedom and against the expansion of government. To be sure, one may prefer Obama’s policies on reasoned grounds that have nothing to do with race. It is also true that for most of America’s history, and as recently as the 1960s, blacks were denied the freedoms, economic and otherwise, that whites took for granted.

“But no Republican running for president is proposing a return to Jim Crow or a repeal of civil rights laws. Siegel’s implicit notion that only whites are capable of benefiting from economic freedom under a regime of legal equality amounts to an insidious theory of racial supremacy.

That is the idea that Newt Gingrich repudiated in answer to Juan Williams’s (not particularly objectionable) question. That is what brought the crowd to their feet.”

***

***

“That use of the name ‘Juan,’ the way he did it. You can’t argue these things. You either see them or you don’t. It’s just the way he did that. I sensed a little applause when he said ‘Let me help you’ when he answered the Juan question. It’s in the eye of the beholder. And, by the way, calling someone a racist is the worst way to get them to stop being racist because everyone gets defensive. … So it’s stupid to say it but, honestly, if you notice it, you sort of ought to blow the whistle. Because there is a dog whistle going on here.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

“O’Reilly then turned to another aspect of the exchange: the way Gingrich pronounced ‘Juan.’ ‘Chris Matthews,’ O’Reilly explained, ‘said he way he called you Juan was kind of racist. Did you take it that way?’

“‘Remember, I’m facing Newt, so I heard behind me the moment he went ‘Juan… the minute I heard the hoot and hollering I realized how he played to the audience,’ Williams responded, joking that the audience immediately began to ask “Who is this strange character, ‘Juan‘?” and adding the caveat that the setting is what made it different. He did not say what he thought Gingrich thought of him or what he intended to say about Williams, only that ‘he wanted to stir the audience at that moment.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Just so amazingly amazing. It’s things like this that make Tingles such a fascinating individual…

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The thing is, I’d bet that everyone you quoted — EVERYONE — is from the northeast.

Their equation is= southern state + southern white guy + booing black guy = return to jim crow.

It’s simple, really. Why, the debate might have well been in Money, Mississippi! The last realm of acceptable bigotry in AMerica: assuming all southerners are hateful bigots afraid of ‘change’.

I like Juan, and it’s not his fault; it’s the msnbc’s of the world i hate.

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

They are going for the race angle when there’s a vengeful ex-wife to dish out?

promachus on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

i swear i saw a tingles clip once where a sports team was playing somewhere in the south, maybe it was mcnabb with the eagles playing in charlotte or tampa or something, and the booing of the black player = racism. not BEING A SPORTS FAN, but RACISM.

unbelievable.

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

“Mr. Gingrich, Mr. Santorum and the crowd that cheered them are following in a long and tawdry tradition, singling out a minority group for lectures while refusing to support policies that help all Americans.”

And what policies would those be? I know you don’t mean Obama’s given how Americans(particularly minorities and especially blacks) are worse off after 3 years of his Presidency.

Doughboy on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

See here, even the inflection in your voice will now have to be regulated, just in case you’re stupid enough to say “Juan” the wrong way.

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Hey, come November Obama and the democrats will be calling us racists just for existing.

Should be loads of fun. The sweet smell of backfire is enjoyed best in the early morning with a cup of coffee.

darwin on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I can neither get angry nor stay angry at Juan Williams for buying into this race-grievance business.

What can I say? I like the guy. He seems like somebody you’d want to have a beer with and shoot the breeze.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Why does Bill O’Reilly so relentlessly suck up to Juan Williams? He reminds me of those unctuous people who feel compelled to mention their ‘black friends’ or ‘gay friends’ all the time. Juan Williams is so completely dense that he hardly seems worth bragging about.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Does Tingles get to be an actual race-pimp, because he seems awfully white to pulling out that card.

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

He seems personable enough, even with that massive chip on his shoulder.

darwin on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I had to mute the volume on Wrong Williams during the “O`Reilly Factor” …. Far be it for me to espouse on what constitutes “racism” but “let me be clear”, Wrong had it all going for playing the victimization card ….

By the way, did not Wrong sign a three year-$2 million contract with Fox after his unfortunate demise/tenure at NPR …. Thank goodness for Affirmative Action ….

dawndawn on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Watch the O’Reilly clip in its entirety and see if you still feel the same way…

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Awesome! The Dems are diggin into the “racial hypersensitivity” bag o tricks early!!!

Popcorn!!!!!!

rickyricardo on January 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Give it a rest, he didn’t say Juan-Juan.

tom daschle concerned on January 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’m just amazed that this wasn’t the QOTD…

“If bird catcher comes, occupy the sky,”

Seven Percent Solution on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Chrissy Matthews is the whitest white boy on television.

Rational Thought on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

When the first black Republican president is elected, he will be a racist.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

No, he can never be a true pimp because his schtick is based solely upon his conflicting feelings of guilt for living a privileged lifestyle he in no way deserves and his feelings of superiority for being so enlightened and compassionate toward those poor people.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

yeah, i agree. he’s not too bent out of shape, and he needs some slack considering he was at NPR for so long.

juan seems relatively fair as a liberal. tingles is totally UNfair, but often i can’t look away. ed schulz is just stupid. its the maddows of the world that tick me off. peddling theories that the gop congress had foreknowledge of oklahoma city, for example, then backing off. sliming marco rubio, then being all cutesy and ‘aw shucks’. she’s actually very ignorant, but she ‘appears’ to be ‘smart’ because she has a ‘look’ that liberals think is smart.

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Heck, Reagan knew enough big mouthed rich people in Washington & Hollywood without going to an NAACP Meeting!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Newt Gingrich is a bitter and angry man, and a racist to boot. You don’t think Newt is a bad man? Well, just ask his ex-wife, who is attacking him according to the primary calendar… she’ll give you an objective assessment.

Lawdawg86 on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Watch the O’Reilly clip in its entirety and see if you still feel the same way…

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I saw it earlier. I told you, I can’t stay mad at the guy.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

When the first black Republican president is elected, he will be a racist self-loathing race traitor.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I believe that’s the technical term.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I like Mr. Williams also. Even when I disagree with him I remember that he was a very dear friend of Tony Snow’s. For me there are no better references.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I saw it earlier. I told you, I can’t stay mad at the guy.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Is it because you like to think of him when you mention to people that you have a ‘black friend?’

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

LOL! I stand corrected.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Yes, please keep this meme going.

SouthernGent on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Later on in the show, Dennis Miller called him “Joo – Aun”. I wonder if he preferred that pronunciation?

kakypat on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Lawdawg86 on January 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

LOL Yes, yes, let’s hear more about that!

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

For those who forget Barky’s repulsive and pathetic inauguration, a snippet from the benediction prayer:

Let us all pray for the day … when white will embrace what is right.

Yep. THe actual inauguration. The racist idiot who gave this infantile benediction prayer (Joseph Lowery) was to later receive the Precedential Medal of Freedom. LOL.

Juan Williams and the rest of the left can shove the race-baiting and the race-whining up their a$$es. They are truly despicable people.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on January 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Newt should have just offered to legalize Juan.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

ive seen it said here many times, that matthews was a republican in the early 1960s, and then went to africa as a peace corps guy. he came back and suddenly was a democrat (how lucky that he came back right after much of the overt dem racism was gone). ever since then he’s had this sort of “black people need my help to survive” kick.

that’s the theory i’ve read. grew up in white segregated Philly with racist parents, went to africa and actually talked to black people — africans that were in need of help, natch — and he suddenly saw blacks as needy children, only to be saved by white bureaucrats.

i guess i sort of agree with that? makes sense. whoever said it on here, i’d love to hear more!

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I really dislike race-baiting. Which seems to be a major occupation of the Left.

Paul-Cincy on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Yes, but until I see him held over for trial on hate crime charges I will not be satisfied.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I like Juan, and it’s not his fault; it’s the msnbc’s of the world i hate.

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

No–I don’t like Juan. He got kicked to the curb by NPR and his race/liberal view has blinded him to the fact that conservatives are not the problem.
I would feel honored to shine LTC West’s shoes—-because he is a MAN that I respect. Color should not matter and I am very tired of tiptoeing around the subject.

arnold ziffel on January 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Well, no, it’s because he’s a liberal who doesn’t speak with hate in his heart and anger on his breath. I have many friends who are like that, and I get a similar vibe from him.

But thanks for obliquely calling me a racist, and have a nice day.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Newt should have just offered to legalize Juan.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

LOL Oh my lord, you are still funny today! I am literally laughing out loud.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

“i guess i sort of agree with matthews believing that theory” NOT “i guess i sort of agree with his warped view of white-black”

man we need an edit button!

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Juan is a stupid idiot, as original as a doormat.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Color should not matter and I am very tired of tiptoeing around the subject.

arnold ziffel on January 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Preach it, brother ziffel!

kakypat on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Not sure who makes my skin crawl more, Tingles Matthews or Jimmah Carter.

Roymunson on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

LOL Oh my lord, you are still funny today! I am literally laughing out loud.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You finally got to know the real me.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

But thanks for obliquely calling me a racist, and have a nice day.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

But you seemed so big-hearted and forgiving! So you can’t stay mad at Juan Williams, but now you’re ticked off at me for a harmless little joke? No fair!

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Jon Stewart had the right take on this in 2009.

beatcanvas on January 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Apparently he has not been informed of the lefts definition that if you are white you are inherently racist. Also only white people can be racist, no one else, as apparently only white people through history have had power.I think that was what the university in Maryland was teaching as well as somewhere in Minnesota making new teachers acknowledge. I think it was Minnesota anyway.

bluemarlin on January 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Did you know that the English pronounce “Don Juan,” the titular character of the Lord Byron poem Don Juan as “Don Jooo-un”? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. You can’t argue with these things. You either see them or you don’t.

de rigueur on January 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

But thanks for obliquely calling me a racist, and have a nice day.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Cyn actually called me a racist, but I still like her.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Go Newt! Juan, who is rightfully nervous about Muslim garb on an airplane questions Newt about race? Get the Leonard Pitts chip off your shoulder, Juan. You’ve been hanging out with the salad bar, not melting pot party for too long.

Connie on January 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

What can I say? I haven’t the foggiest idea whether you would be a person I’d have a beer with and shoot the breeze.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Cyn is a clean, married conservative mother.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Good to know that Jimmah and Marueen has the same Miracle Ear.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Great.

Now we’re the vast white wing conspiracy.

fogw on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Great.

Now we’re the vast white wing conspiracy.

fogw on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

It’s the vast white janitor conspiracy.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Connie on January 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Juan has nightmares about Newt in Muslim garb.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If at first you don’t succeed,
Play the Race Card.
If you can’t get what you need,
Play the Race Card.
If you find, to your distress,
That your life’s a total mess,
Must I tell you? Can’t you guess?
Play the Race Card!

countrybumpkin on January 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Cyn is a clean, married conservative mother.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Pshaw, you only like me now since you’ve become hilarious. So are Igor’s replacement or what? How does that work?

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well I’m definitely not going if you invite that insufferable Juan Williams along.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Great.

Now we’re the vast white wing conspiracy.

fogw on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

LOL!
:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

OT: Oy. @jaketapper VP Biden at San Fran rally yells:“the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl!” http://bit.ly/xnt1i9 May have to bring back “Oh that Joe!”

ConservativePartyNow on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Cyn is a clean, married conservative mother.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Guess I’ll play the percentages and assume that Cyn is a person I’d like to have a beer with and shoot the breeze. Non-alcoholic beer, that is.

And, that in mind, I suppose I can be a little red-faced and apologetic for blowing my stack earlier. My bad, Cyn.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

… and there you have it, liberal law: “We’ll tell you when you are acting racist because we know it when we see it and you are too ignorant and steeped in your racism to even know you are acting that way. You ignorant, knuckle-dragging rubes! Bow down to us, your betters!”

AZfederalist on January 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

So we either elect an out of touch rich guy, a racist pervert moral decadent, or one of two candidates that have no chance of beating Obama. Wonderful.

cd98 on January 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

There are 8 of us senora sharing the same apartment and computer. We are too poor to buy separate HotAir id’s.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Imagine if Newt had referred to Juan as “Mr. Williams”.

Mister? As in man, and man as in grown up boy. Boy? Newt called Juan “boy”?

You have to think in liberal. Just don’t do it too often, you may suffer an irreversible compulsion to to light joss sticks and weave hemp into your hair.

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

have, sorry.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

My lily white grand-mère was named Juanita Jewel Bunn. Texan by way of Baton Rouge. Mean as hell. But God help you if you said her name wrong. My father learned the hard way. The southern madame called her fine self Hwuh-NEE-tuh. Pa called her WAAAAAAAAAAH-needa.

Scherzophrenic on January 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

ConservativePartyNow on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Too funny!!!

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The idiocy here writes itself….

The party that had a high ranking Klansman lead it in the Senate for years…
…..who has a Senate leader now that stated that Obama would do okay because he “didn’t have a dialect like those dark skinned negros”….
…………..has it’s leader Obama come from a black separatist church that he attended 20 years and loved so much that he declared Rev. “America of KKK” Wright his “mentor”…….
…..a party that can’t have a democratic rally without some liberals in the crowd yelling anti-semitic slurs and wanting to “fire up the ovens” ….

…is talking about hearing dog whistles of racism.
Liberals are absolutely pathetic.

Baxter Greene on January 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Y A W N !
(oh! …and I think Tingles, has incurable syphilis- people here have been describing the symptoms for some time now. You see how it is destroying his brain…and is his leg …totally numb yet?)

KOOLAID2 on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Imagine if Newt had referred to Juan as “Mr. Williams”.

Mister? As in man, and man as in grown up boy. Boy? Newt called Juan “boy”?

Bishop on January 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

They are old Fox buddies. When they get together they call each other “boy”.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

No need to apologize. It’s not that I don’t drink, it’s just that my cheeks turn bright red whenever I do. Very embarrassing!

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

The idiocy here writes itself….

The party that had a high ranking Klansman lead it in the Senate for years…
…..who has a Senate leader now that stated that Obama would do okay because he “didn’t have a dialect like those dark skinned negr0s”….

…is talking about hearing dog whistles of racism.
Liberals are absolutely pathetic.

Baxter Greene on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Whenever liberals lose they quit and try to call you racist. It happens every time. Remember when Bush tried to reform Freddie and Fannie? Racist. Now Newt’s racist because he said that Americans should want jobs and not foodstamps? Why is that? Well it’s racist because liberals have no other way of defending Obama’s record.

Most of the people on foodstamps are white, I’m sure Newt knows that, just like I’m sure the liberals calling him racist know that.

cpaulus on January 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I actually was kind of following Jimmah until he got to the racist thing.I think Carter as a lib, sees pandering to the Klan where conservatives see what Newt says as an actual hand up. We want blacks to share the same fortunes as whites. We believe in shared prosperity through hard work, not a welfare state that enslaves through dependency on govt largesse.

Southernblogger on January 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

LOL Okay, you are definitely not the same guy.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Trust me. I won’t laugh at you, and neither will Juan Williams.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Trust me. I won’t laugh at you, and neither will Juan Williams.

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

LOL Well, okay then, but if he brings that slimy Bill O’Reilly with him, I’m just going to get up and leave.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

ConservativePartyNow on January 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You mean THIS Biden:

Biden:

Obama “articulate” and “clean”: During the 2008 presidential election, Biden seemingly discovered that blacks can have sound hygiene. Imagine the howls of racism if a conservative had uttered this statement: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Biden:

“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. … I’m not joking,” Biden said.

OMG!!!!!!!
Dog Whistles….Dog Whistles…..Dog Whistles going off everywhere!!!!!!

Baxter Greene on January 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Agreed. That blowhard’ll probably talk your ear off and yell at you if you don’t agree with him. Ditch him at Wendy’s at two o’clock in the morning or something.

“Just run in there and get us a couple orders of fries, okay, Bill?”

KingGold on January 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

“People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.” – Newt Gingrich

This should have beent he quote of the day.

1punchWill on January 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Just keep your pants on and nobody will know.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

LOL Okay, you are definitely not the same guy.

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

When I am not talking about Newt I am different.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM

This should have beent he quote of the day.

1punchWill on January 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

see but i don’t think it’s “HARMFUL” because his supporters KNOW THAT.

i KNOW newt is an arrogant jerk who sees himself as a modern pericles. people KNOW he is arrogant. people KNOW about his wives –remember the december debate?

its horrible and slimy, but “that’s newt”. and if social conservatism mattered, Santorum would be at 60%…

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

OMG!!!!!!!
Dog Whistles….Dog Whistles…..Dog Whistles going off everywhere!!!!!!

Baxter Greene on January 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Dog whistles!? It’s frickin’ foghorns!

AZfederalist on January 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

pamplonajack on January 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Newt is the anti-social conservative.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

What’s Juan’s real black name?

profitsbeard on January 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

What’s Juan’s real black name?

profitsbeard on January 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Newton Leroy.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I thought he is the overly social conservative.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I thought he is the overly social conservative.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Nah, always hiding the salami, doesn’t like to share.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Great.

Now we’re the vast white wing conspiracy.

fogw on January 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

and we ate up all the blueberry pie !!

burrata on January 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

This should have beent he quote of the day.

1punchWill on January 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Why? Isn’t that something from the 90s that his second wife says he said?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Juan has nightmares about Newt in Muslim garb.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

But not about the photos I found of Obama in Muslim garb back in ’08?

Connie on January 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Juan saw that entire exchange through the prism of race and refused to see that Gingrich meant it in the context of political correctness.

“Jaaauuun!” was the way Gingrich showed his frustration at Juan’s political correctness “gotcha” question. And Juan is so steeped in it that he viewed the audiences reaction to Gingrich pushing back on the political correctness as proof that he was playing to the audiences obvious bigotry.

You just are never going to convince someone like that. And being a victim of political correctness, Juan should have recognized it.

csdeven on January 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I thought he is the overly social conservative.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

He’s the only one that can articulate social conservatism. It doesn’t matter how he acts or lives, it matters what he says.

Your brainwashing is complete.

1punchWill on January 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Why? Isn’t that something from the 90s that his second wife says he said?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Well his third wife says he never said it, but the first wife sort of concurs. The fourth mistress vehemently disagrees, and Monica Lewinsky is a little unsure. Bill is on board though.

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

and we ate up all the blueberry pie !!

burrata on January 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Heehee! Danged Repubs. Sneaking into Sharpton’s mother’s kitchen like that…

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Juan really showed his liberal head being placed squarely up his arse in the O’Reilly interview. Not to mention the typical thin skinned nature all liberals display when they are towing the ole worn out narrative. You could see it in his posture, his eyes, and in the lip/mouth region.

Tingles has a secret code only he and the left tune into. My God son don’t call him Juan, You racist! You folks in SC are all racists! Keep playing that tired out race card white boy! Get that dog whistle away from me you racists! Belittle the poor and minorities. You racists! Andrea keep the week ass narrative alive Andrea. Clever, play the audience, Juan. Janitors are black is code for janitors are not white when they are black janitors. Tingles here is a mirror. What do you see? Racist. Geeze it has gotten comical. Cheating racists. Voter suppression racists. Its going to get bad. You can’t argue these things You’re a racist! Pathetic narrative from a pitiful pathetic little man.

Carter: Please let me apologize to everyone here on behalf of my state of Georgia. Many of us down here are extremely sorry that he hales from here. Again our apologies.

This is why they feared Herman Cain.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Igor R. on January 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I couldn’t have said it better…or at all!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Heehee! Danged Repubs. Sneaking into Sharpton’s mother’s kitchen like that…

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

she did not resist we much

burrata on January 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM