Nikki Haley: Calls for Romney’s tax returns are “nothing but a political ploy”

posted at 1:20 pm on January 18, 2012 by Tina Korbe

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley stands by her man — but she also speaks truth. In an interview with The Daily Caller, Haley lamented the attention Mitt Romney’s tax returns have received lately (I write this, even as I give them more!):

“I think those are distractions. I saw it in my race. They always say ‘show me your tax return’ just so they can start throwing holes in it. I think that will be his decision to make, but that’s nothing but a political ploy,” Haley told TheDC in the spin room of the GOP presidential debate. Gov. Haley, a tea party favorite, has endorsed Romney for president.”

She’s right — but Romney also needs to find a way to be relatable despite his wealth and he also needs to grapple with the unexpected a bit better, whether the “unexpected” is an attack on Bain Capital or a request to release his tax returns or an invitation to hunt. He’s received much credit throughout this primary season for his prepared polish, but that polish often devolves into awkwardness when he’s faced with a question or situation he didn’t anticipate. He particularly will need this skill in the general election, if he does go on to secure the GOP nomination. Of that, Haley is confident; She thinks Romney will not only be the nominee, she says, but also the next president of the United States:

“Everybody I’ve talked to has been incredibly supportive because the tea party understands the power of your voice and that everybody goes and makes the decision that’s best for them,” she told TheDC. “I made a decision based on the governor of South Carolina and that I need a partner in Washington. … I believe in Mitt Romney. I believe he will be the next president, and I think he’s the only one that can beat Obama.”

“It’s going to get tough to get our federal spending from the current 25 percent of the GDP down to 20, down to 18 percent, which has been our history,” Romney said on Monday night. ”We’ve got a huge number of obligations in this country and cutting back is going to have to happen.”

Haley’s desire to see Romney win her state puts her somewhat at odds with Sarah Palin, who last night said, if she were a South Carolinian, she would vote for Newt Gingrich in South Carolina just to keep the race going. Whether that amounts to an actual endorsement is debatable; she didn’t necessarily say she wants to see Gingrich as the GOP nominee, but she clearly isn’t ready to see Mitt Romney fully assume that mantle, either.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Odds of Romney donating to PP: 95%
Odds of everyone else: 0.95%
See the difference?
angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Ann Romney donated a grand total of $150.00 in 1994. Gosh, maybe she thought it was a good idea that women have access to contraception. To conflate that into a scandal is, well, so……….. you.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Even if he is, it won’t be on his return…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

So he’s not hiding anything, but even if he is hiding something it won’t be on his return which he won’t release in the first place.

Talk about a perfect encapsulation of Mitt Romney.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Talk about a perfect encapsulation of Mitt Romney every poltiician.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

FIFY

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Never seen a man who hates working folks more than Romney. He looks down on us and delights in our misery.

liberal4life on January 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

No, you delight in our misery. Please put us out of it by going back to Mother Jones, DailyKos or HuffPo.

It’s this way:

<————

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Funny how facts turn Mittbots into defensive ad hominem attack throwers. I didn’t say it was a scandal. She donated $150K to an abortion mill. You might think that’s perfectly fine. Others may not.

That’s the whole point of this exercise. Put out all the data in the open and let people decide what to make of it.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Odds of Romney donating to PP: 95%
Odds of everyone else: 0.95%

See the difference?

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I see an angry bigot who is attacking a candidate without anything substantive to back it up. And again, it is not the release of tax returns as much as you trolls only want to see one candidate’s returns. You have no way of knowing what any of the others financials look like and you don’t care.

Chances of angryed being a real Republican- 0.1%

Happy Nomad on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM

to argue on behalf of the leftie side of an issue is, well so……
you

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

You really don’t seem to understand what it means to be a conservative; and you are certifiably naive when it comes to politicians and how they behave.

We don’t fall in love with our candidates, we go for the most conservative electable. You seem to want to fall in love with someone. Which makes sense since you’re always cheering on Obama… go why don’t you go back to being a Dem… follow your buddy Liberal4life off to HuffPo or back to DailyKOS.

Don’t forget to collect your 36k from the Obama re-election campaign for your work here.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Chances of angryed being a real Republican- 0.1%

Happy Nomad on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck totally agree.

PS: You forgot to say I hate capitalism.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Shorter Mittbot: If you don’t support Romney you hate America and capitalism. Spare me.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Funny how facts turn Mittbots into defensive ad hominem attack throwers.

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

That’s all they have. Most candidates are proud of their record. Bring up Romney’s and his followers will do everything possible to shut you up. Kinda reminds me of arguing with Obama supporters a few years ago.

29Victor on January 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I don’t know why it is that it is so critical to people like you that Romney has to release his tax returns yet Newt has yet to release his and has only promised to provide 2010 and not the years he was working for Freddie Mack. The Ricks have not released their returns either.

In short Laura why the blatant hypocrisy?

Happy Nomad on January 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It’s not hypocritical for me to wonder exactly what Romney is hiding during the primaries that he is willing to release when it’s too late. If he doesn’t want to release them AT ALL I’m okay with that – certainly the “Noneofyadambusiness” argument can be utilized here. But to willingly release them later – after we’re stuck with him? That suggests to me that he’s hiding something from Republican primary voters and yeah, I’m NOT okay with that.

It’s certainly possible that Obama may break the law, or get one of his minions to break the law and illegally release Romney’s tax returns later if Romney refuses to release them on his own. But that’s a hypothetical, not a certainty. What is certain, right now, is that Romney is withholding information from Republicans. What is he hiding and why?

Laura Curtis on January 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Talk about a perfect encapsulation of Mitt Romney.
angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

He said he’s release them in April. But you’re not going to find anything going back 18 years ago to 1994. Indeed, that’s a “perfect encapsulation” of any taxpaying citizen’s obligation vis a vis tax records.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Why don’t you spare us? You’ve been saying the same lines of crap for over a month now… and it’s clearly not working… so go get your “political whore” money from Obama and go away.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on January 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Chances of angryed being a real Republican- 0.1%

Happy Nomad on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

A Mittbot used the word “Bigot” today on Hot Air and earned himself a gold star from the Romney campaign.

Not only is Romney like Obama, but some of his supporters are so much like Obama supporter it’s scary.

Racist!

29Victor on January 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:20 PM

One might wish that “didn’t know wtf she was talking about” seemed unlikely. Is that delicate enough?

What I had in mind were unhinged accusations that Haley is “the devil” for endorsing whoever she thought it best to endorse.

kunegetikos on January 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

to argue on behalf of the leftie side of an issue is, well so……
you
chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Please cite exactly where I argued on the leftie side of an issue.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Happy Nomad on January 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM

rick perry

newt gingrich

cant find anything on santorum’s returns and didnt look for crazyass paul’s

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

you were trashing perry on an earlier thread for wanting to shrink govt by making the legislature. and in this thread your defending a donation to planned parenthood, i’ll check the conservative handbook but im sure your on the wrong side on both those issues.

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Dots.

Todd Palin, not one known to express political opinions, takes time out from fishing or snow mobiling to endorse Gingrich.

The nominee will be Romney or Gingrich. No one else has a chance.

Palin endorses Gingrich, in SC. If he does well there she will endorse him in Fla.

Connect them.

Basilsbest on January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The only thing that Sarah Palin should be worried about is her hair, her head looks more and more on the outside like inside, she’s just hot air.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

To recap, accordimg to Mittbots anyone who doesn’t wear knee pads in front of Romney:

a) is a communist
b) hates capitalism
c) hates Mormons
d) hates America
e) loves Obama
f) belongs at HuffPo and Kos
g) hates capitalism (I know it’s on the list already but we hate it so much it needs to be there twice)

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I don’t give a rats a$$ how much money he makes or how much he pays in taxes..
The issue I have with Mittens is RomneyCare:
I have kids and because of his beloved RomneyCare, I am FORCED to pay (AFTER taxes) 147.89 a week (which just went up AGAIN, btw) for a family plan, which comes with a lovely 50.00 co-pay/ dr. visit and an even lovlier 100.00 co pay e.r. visit ~ insurance is the biggest rip-off I have ever seen ~
Or, I can pay a big fat FINE when I file MA taxes.
I didn’t have insurance ~
I didn’t WANT insurance ~
AND NO, I had no problem paying for doctor visits when needed, because I actually have a brain and saved my own money to pay my own medical bills.
Luckily, we’re all healthy, so I sure as hell wasn’t paying over 600.00 a month for doctor visits. More like a couple hundred a year.
So, because of him, we have to scrape by with a LOT less..
I don’t need anyone telling me they know how to take care of my family better than I do.
So, I ask.. how would you feel if you were FORCED to pay 150.00 a week for something you didn’t want ??

~He’s the conservative choice??

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

By the way if anyone want the opinion of an intelligent and succesful alaskan woman, one that will not quit on her base, then you need to ask to Lisa Merkousky.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Basilsbest on January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

sarah is doing endorsements state-by-state?? really? thats what you think??

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Shhhh. We’re not supposed to talk about Romneycare. Didn’t you get the RNC memo?

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

You sound just like a democrat…LOL

idesign on January 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

kunegetikos on January 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I don’t care about “delicate”. Palin didn’t know wtf she was talking about on this Hannity segment. She babbled away like a damned fool, and made factually incorrect statements beginning when she said, “I don’t believe this is at the heart of Governor Perry’s attacks on Romney”. Follow it from there. She got it all wrong and Hannity tried to set her straight.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

You sound just like a democrat…LOL

idesign on January 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

You can’t tell me that i’m wrong.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Because she’s a dumb bimbo and she isn’t even hot.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I do hope he releases his tax records. He should have done it during the peak of the Bain accusations for minimal effect.

haner on January 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

You can’t tell me that i’m wrong.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

You’re wrong!!!

idesign on January 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

As to the measly $150.00 Planned Parenthood donation, neither you nor I have no any way of knowing why Ann Romney made a donation, but I can give her the benefit of the doubt and won’t leap to the conclusion she did it because she wanted to fund abortions – or whatever it is those of you who think the worse. In any case, none of this is going to be revealed on his tax returns, so it’s nothing but wishful thinking.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Because she’s a dumb bimbo and she isn’t even hot.

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Rent free..:)

idesign on January 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

yeah, nothing leftie about that at all, your a dishonest shill who will keep your lips firmly on willard’s cock no matter what. funding abortions is what PP does, its what they have always done. i dont care what her intent was. any money she gave no matter what purpose it helps to keep killing babies. and if she thinks otherwise she’s either too dumb or too dishonest to be a first lady.

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Wow. Just…wow. I always wondered what Romneycare meant in true dollars and cents to the average Massachusetts resident. Now I have an idea. $600 a month? Oi. I work part-time; my work is seasonal. In the late fall/winter, I work more hours than I do in the spring/summer/early fall. For me, $600 is the total of one of my two paychecks per month 2/3 of the year. There goes money to pay for our utilities.

Since Romneycare has been shown to be the basis for Obamacare, I can only shudder to think what it will be like if it kicks in….

theotherone on January 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I really do not like Nikki.

stenwin77 on January 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

The former Alaska governor also told Hannity that she did not think it was inevitable that Romney would become the Republican nominee.

No wonder the Romney supporters have their panties in a twist about Palin! They’ve been pushing the “electable and inevitable” claim for so long, and Palin punctures it. Just imagine if people start to believe her!

After all, the only reason they can give to vote for Romney is the claim that no one else can win. It’s absolutely crucial for Romney’s chances that everybody continue to believe it.

didymus on January 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

As soon as Oblama releases his school records I’m sure Romney will release his tax records.

JayMac1 on January 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Keep it classy, chasdal!

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Um, did Mitt run negative ads about Sarah Palin?

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Of course not. Just had supporters leak negative news stories to the media about her. Sleazier and nastier, since it was done before the 2008 election was even over.

Not that there’s any direct evidence that it came from Mitt. Just from his people.

But then, he was running for President for Pete’s sake!!!

didymus on January 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Heh.

Just Sayin on January 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The lesser, the better…but why were Newt’s taxes for 2010 at 31%?

———-
Of the two in the picture, one still has her TEA party soul.

TEA = taxed enough already!!!

Schadenfreude on January 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Ha! I’m pretty sure the vast majority of “conservatives” don’t agree with Perry’s idiotic proposal for a part time citizen congress. And to suggest it’s an idiotic idea is not “trashing” him. Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Romney is doing to the GOP what Obama did to the DNC in 2008.

Gov. Rick Perry on the Citizen Legislators Act
Posted on January 12th, 2012

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today issued the following statement on the Citizen Legislators Act filed today by Illinois Congressman Timothy V. Johnson.

“I applaud Rep. Johnson for filing legislation to create a part-time, citizen congress that will restore the vision of our founding fathers. This bill aligns closely with my Uproot and Overhaul Washington plan, which calls for cutting congressional sessions, staffs and salaries in half.

“I support Rep. Johnson’s legislation because I believe members of Congress should spend less time in Washington and more time living at home under the laws they pass with the people they represent.

“Americans are tired of Washington politicians who are out of touch, spend all their time inside the beltway, and whose reckless spending and corrupt practices are endangering our great nation. It is time to send these politicians back home to get real jobs rather than spending all their time in Washington spending money we don’t have on programs we don’t need.

“With a part-time congress, we can save taxpayers billions of dollars, end the permanent political class and begin a complete overhaul of Washington’s broken status quo.”

workingclass artist on January 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Should Romney stop debating?

Schadenfreude on January 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Falz on January 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Theres really no useful information in that.

No definitions either.
She’s “smart”..what does that mean?
She’s “successful”…compared to whom?

She hangs on like a tick..for that sweet gubmint salary and bennies.

Not really a profile that one can use as a comparison imo.

Mimzey on January 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

workingclass artist on January 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I may end up at odds with BuyDanish over many, many things, but I have to agree with her that trying to build enthusiasm by proposing a part-time Congress is about as lame and desperate as you can get.

Penalize them personally for deficits, or give them a bonus for making a balanced budget, or tighten up the laws to prevent them from profiting from their political career. There are lots of things that could be done to encourage Congress to save money rather than cost money. But reducing it to a part-time Congress would accomplish nothing.

The only way that could make sense is if you converted 535 full-time members of Congress into 1070 half-time members, but you’re still not saving any money directly.

didymus on January 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Ok, workingclassartist, no more distracting me from the subject of RINO Romney’s Greatest Hits.

(BTW, I’d still take Perry over Romney in a heartbeat, part-time-Congress tomfoolery or not)

didymus on January 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You know, for me, one of the great things about the threads at HA is watching the social cons confirm for me why I’m not a participant in organized religion. Every day there is a true demonstration of their values in the profanity and name calling they hurl at others. And HA/Townhall has done an excellent job of gathering together in one place prime examples.

Texas Gal on January 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Love that pic of Haley and Palin together. Anyone else get a brief……uh……um….”impure thought?” :-)

Teacher in Tejas on January 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Nikki Haley doesn’t see the conflict between RomneyCare vs ObamaCare so why would she wanna see Gecko’s tax returns

apocalypse on January 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Texas Gal on January 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I wish Ed and AP would ban more of these foul-mouthed fire breathers.

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

newt gingrich

cant find anything on santorum’s returns and didnt look for crazyass paul’s

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

So, the Newtron hasn’t released his tax returns and yet he is pounding on Romney for not releasing his.

Can you say HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Nikki Haley is smart enough to know that job 1 is defeating Obama. Watching Republicans do the Left’s job for them, intentionally and unnecessarily damaging the only viable candidate we have who can deliver the moderate voters, the Independents, and the disaffected Democrats, by falling for that ‘show us your tax returns’ garbage… noting here that George W. Bush didn’t show his returns until AFTER he was the nominee…is disheartening to say the least.

It is useful to look at any of the numerous graphs that HA has posted showing clearly the percentage of ‘conservatives’, ‘moderates’, ‘independents’ and ‘liberals’ in the actual electorate. We cannot win the general election with a candidate who can only secure the ‘conservative’ vote and, perhaps, a portion of the Independent vote. Its really that simple.

thatsafactjack on January 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

angryed on January 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Heh.
Just Sayin on January 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

LOL.. I know, I’m going to get spanked by all the mitt-bots..
Sorry guys, but I live the nightmare that is ‘RomneyCare’

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

WOW, keepin’ it classy, huh?
what are you? 5?
you better hurry and go to another website before mommy sees the naughty word you wrote..

czarcasm on January 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

didymus on January 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM

There is no evidence. Zero. Zip. Nada. It’s a manufactured controversy. One McCain aide (Nicole I-forget-her-last-name), said some things that weren’t 100% flattering about Palin and somehow that got blamed on Mitt.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

chasdal on January 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

ABRtard:

ONLY Rom-bots that use offensive language against those that disagree with them.

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

John the Libertarian:
Round of applause. Second that sentiment.

thatsafactjack on January 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I wish Ed and AP would ban more of these foul-mouthed fire breathers.

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

+1000

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

That measly $150 is the price for 3 dead babies under Romneycare. Three innocent lives…doesn’t seem that measly to me.

Especially from a woman who claims she’s ‘always been pro-life,’ even while assuring voters in MA that her husband will ‘be fine’ for pro-choicers.

pannw on January 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

We reserve the right to delete your comments or revoke your registration for any reason. . . We will, however, usually do so if you post something that is, in our good-faith opinion, (a) off-topic; (b) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate these terms of use or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (c) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.

Yup!!!

The ban hammer is warranted.

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I agree with Nikki Haley and thatsafactjack. This is about winning the general election, not finding the most perfect conservative.

Let’s suppose the GOP pursues suicide and nominates Gingrich. By Labor Day, Gingrich will have the tabloids, Obama the Rose Garden.

Newt says he can defeat Obama in the debates. It won’t matter. The MSM will have destroyed Newt long before the debates; no one will be listening to anything he says in the debates.

Nominate someone who can actually defeat Obama. That person is Mitt Romney. Stop thinking as conservatives for the general election. Think of the independents, moderates, disaffected Dems and soccer Moms. They want a reassuring alternative to Obama. Newt starts with negatives of 70%+ with these people, and they will decide the election.

matthew8787 on January 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Just another useless distraction from the lameblameshamestream mediots to divert attention from Obutthead’s latest fraud. Where’s all that information on Oblatant, the transparent Prezuhdunce, that we’ve been waiting for, to be released, for over 4 years now? Let’s make a deal: Repubs release theirs, if he releases his–finally.

stukinIL4now on January 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

That is NOT Ann Barnhardt’s video. It uses clips from a video she posted last July. If you check her site, you will see that she does approve of it but is clear that it is not hers.

Ann’s original Romney video:

Ann’s blog:

gh on January 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

“chasdal” is the “true conservative” and morally superior to me, dontcha know!

pannw on January 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Oh please! Histrionics, much? Romney had zero control over the funding of abortions in RomneyCare. It was already settled law in Massachusetts. The Romneys always, always, always personally opposed abortion. That is very different from saying you won’t stand in the way of someone’s personal choice to do something you disagree with and would like outlawed or restricted, but which is legal under federal and state law.

And FTR, I don’t want you or your friends defining “conservative” for me, especially if you claim to be Tea Party conservatives. The Tea Party is a fiscal movement and has nothing to do with social issues, despite attempts on the part of some to co-opt the message.

Buy Danish on January 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yup!!!

The ban hammer is warranted.

Gunlock Bill on January 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Pot meet kettle.

kingsjester on January 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I wish Ed and AP would ban more of these foul-mouthed fire breathers.

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

But they are so re-affirming for me!

Texas Gal on January 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ann’s original Romney video:

Ann’s blog:

gh on January 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I linked to a blog that gave it that title. I didn’t name their post. I knew it was wrong when I linked it, but the video was good so I just let it stand.

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Maybe Mitt is so secretive about his finances because he doesn’t want people to know that even though he presents himself as an upstanding and moral Morman, if he can make a dollar he will invest in any old company without giving a thought to the dirty business they are in. For instance, Bain invested in Stericycle, a company that disposes of aborted fetuses as “medical waste” for Planned Parenthood. Apparently Bain has no qualms about doing business with terror because they have had ties to Tehran.

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Given the fact that Nikki Haley didn’t resign as governor so I think she carries a bit more clout on this.

NickDeringer on January 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Not to mention Palin has no clout in Alaska (Murkowski) much less SC.

hanzblinx on January 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

So we shouldn’t be seeing you gents in these threads again because they are about someone inconsequential?

kim roy on January 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

It’s hilarious. The person who made it seems to be a Nebraska republican (I looked it up on youtube).

gh on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

gh on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I watched the first half earlier. I will finish it later tonight. What I saw was terrific.

Stayright on January 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Nikki is FAR hotter than Palin, who is maturing rapidly.

antisense on January 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I love Nikki and will vote for her again but this Romney love is getting on my every nerve. I thought she had standards

stop the show on January 18, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I really do not like Nikki.

stenwin77 on January 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I *used* to…

catquilt on January 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM

The MSM is holding their dirt on Newt for the general election. If they don’t NEED to use the Mrs. Gingrich ad for the SC primary, they have indicated it isn’t a good time to release it. Better for them, if they use it on October 29th, 2012.

In the first Bush election, they held a drunk driving story on George Bush until there was almost no time to check it out. A lot of the stories we have seen in the last two weeks, make devestating sound bytes, but when you have the facts, you find out:

Films made by liberals on Mitt Romney’s business are created out of distortions.

Mitt pays the full amount of taxes for his investments.

Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich are populists that believe in exploiting the difference between rich and poor and suspect rich people of all getting an ill gotten gain.

Republicans of bad character, will act like democrats in order to win, and nice republicans who would normally vote for someone principled, on principles, will be tempted to vote for someone who can tear up Obama in a debate so they have satisfaction for one night.

If you ask, why Mitt just looked at Rick Perry when he went on and on about releasing his tax returns, can you put yourself in his shoes? These are the people who are supposed to be on your side, and respect that a businessman is telling the truth, not suspect every businessman of ill gotten gains.

Fleuries on January 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Strangely enough, TK’s Mark Wahlberg praise post has been yanked. Let that be a lesson on the Greek tragic view of man so often discussed by Victor Davis Hanson….

Sherman1864 on January 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM