Laura Ingraham, Erick Erickson: It’s time for Perry to go

posted at 4:51 pm on January 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Hard to argue. South Carolina’s the last stand of the Not Romneys. Join or die. Erickson:

For a generation, Rick Perry was undefeated. Now he will go back to Texas and everyone who ever lost to Rick Perry will seek to settle old scores. It will be a tough, bloody fight. He will have to be ready for it.

Perry, however, has a potential trump card up his sleeve as he rebuilds political capital. It’s simple: he can drop out today, and endorse someone else. Doing so today, before the CNN Debate tomorrow, gives the news time to sink in…

Huntsman has already done his part to help Romney. Perry’s endorsement today or tomorrow morning could offset that, shifting undecideds and Perry’s own voters to someone else and get them a leg up on Mitt Romney. With Newt Gingrich surging according to the latest Rasmussen poll and Sarah Palin saying she’d support him, Perry’s withdrawal and endorsement before Saturday could ensure a Gingrich win.

Rick Perry’s campaign has come to an end. But he could leave on an unexpected high note — helping conservatives unite around one not-Romney in a way no one else has been able to. Rick Perry could be the catalyst and kingmaker so many have been looking for, even as other conservatives have stood by, unwilling to endorse in the face of long odds.

Gingrich wrote the foreword to Perry’s book, Erickson reminds us, so jumping on the Newt bandwagon now would make sense not just politically but personally. Erick and the Red State guys know him much better than I ever will but my sense of him from his rhetoric on the trail is that he’d rather press on to the bitter end and let voters stop the fight on Saturday — notwithstanding the weakened position that would leave him in back home — than hit the mat for strategic advantage. Go read this piece, for instance, recounting a Perry appearance in Spartanburg 10 days ago. The idea of forging on honorably and never giving up obviously means a lot to him, or at least it did 10 days ago. Maybe the calculus has changed now that it’s clear there’ll be no eleventh-hour surge — or maybe he thinks Gingrich is bound to fall short against Romney even with Perry’s five percent. If he dropped out and endorsed Newt and Romney still won, he’d earn a little goodwill for falling on his sword to try to stop Mitt but he’d get no “kingmaker” stature and he’d antagonize the almost-certain nominee and possible next president.

His spokesman seems to be handling the idea … not so well:

Mark Miner, a spokesman for Perry, said the Texas governor is focused on the people of South Carolina, not the pundits declaring the end of his campaign. “Pundits aren’t going to decide this race. The people of South Carolina are going to decide this race,” Miner said. “The governor’s focused on the people of South Carolina and their votes, not a pundit sitting behind a computer somewhere.”

Asked if there is a chance Perry will drop out of the race before Saturday, Miner said, “We are in this race through the primary. … There is no intention of leaving this race.”

Note to Miner: That random pundit sitting behind his computer screen is the same guy who introduced Perry before his big announcement speech this summer. And it’s not just Erickson who thinks it’s time. Click here and skip ahead to 4:15 to hear Laura Ingraham ring the bell on Perry too. Exit question: If he’s going to do this, how much time does he have left to decide? The CNN debate is 27 hours away.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sarah Sarah Sarah

meci on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Mitt will kill Newt, Newt will go down swinging and take Mitt down a few notches, and it could all help the other two Not-Romneys: Perry and Santorum. Santorum will go down because he has no orgnization and up til last week, no $$.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

So, Mitt gets on the ticket and you vote for Trump?
You are joking about Trump, right? How is he better than Mitt? Or Newt? Trump cannot win. Say hello to King Obama.

balkanmom on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Hey Eric, Laura, just an FYI:

My #2 behind Rick Perry is Mitt Romney. Santorum is a big government conservative, and Newt is the lunatic loose cannon who did a global warming ad with Nancy Pelosi.

I’d much rather have a moderate Republican president, than a “conservative” one who just succeeds in making conservatives look bad.

Rick Perry is a small government conservative. Santorum and Gingrich are not. Why in the world would a Perry supporter switch to either of them?

Greg Q on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Horace
O/T No trees in the lane this a.m. I like those additions to the list. And from last night, yes I dig Don Giovanni, how could anyone not? Give this a tumble when you have a chance. Featuring the great Harry Carney. Great way to use circular breathing.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Yeah, nice try but it is not fooling anyone.

Perry has no chance to be the nominee and thus has no reason to stay in the fight. Certainly, Erickson will suddenly give up the fight he has pursued for Perry with unbridled vigor and countless misguided shots at the other candidates. That’s because the zealous drive he has pursued above all else, which I am certain Obama admires, is to defeat Romney. So in following- Perry will most certainly endorse Gingrich, who is now gaining on Romney and therefore get additional momentum. The new anti- Romney, if you will.

Now frankly, I thought the ultimate goal was to defeat Obama. But it seems to me some folks would rather pursue fratricide and chaos to please their own parochial whims instead. They don’t care if it manifests itself in delegates and therefore political leverage at the convention or a candidate that makes John McCain look like the second coming. In fact Democrats are sowing the same seeds side-by-side on all our candidates with Republican help. So you’ll forgive me if this all seems a bit pointless to me.

Marcus Traianus on January 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

We’re only three states into this thing. THREE STATES. Less than TEN PERCENT. And we’re already deciding this thing? That’s like a football team declaring victory in the first quarter because they scored first.

Quit falling under the spell of the informal polls and stay in the game at least until Super Tuesday.

TMOverbeck on January 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This is also based on Newt’s standing ovation: he had one terrific moment that night, it’s true, but PERRY also had that crowd cheering! Esp. for his defending our Marines. He was the ONLY one to stick up for them. SC is the SOUTH, Perry is the true Southerner (Newt’s originally from PA and he doesn’t say, “yes, ma’am” and Paul is a Jew-hater which is not popular in the South).

There is a debate in friendly, Southern SC tomorrow. Let’s see what happens if this is ALL about debates.

I’ve gotten so comfortable watching Perry at these debates, he’s had ten good ones in a row now, that I actually look FORWARD to them now.

I saw the vid from CSPAN of Perry at the cafemom event and afterward, everyone came forward to shake his hand and everyone said “Please stay in this race! Please don’t drop out!” Such earnestness.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Telling candidates to get out after three states is nuts. Is S.C. an open or closed primary?

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Newt is the lunatic loose cannon who did a global warming ad with Nancy Pelosi.

Er…

@AKaczynski1 “Romney health insurance plan expanded access to abortion, required Planned Parenthood representative onstate panel. #RomneyBook”

@AKaczynski1 “Bain teamed up w/ Chinese appliance maker Haier Group in 2005 in effort to purchase IA-based Maytag Corp. & send jobs overseas. #Romneybook”

@AKaczynski1 “In 2003, Romney said, “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over.” #RomneyBook”

@AKaczynski1 “Romney: “I’m wary of anyone who parlays background, money, and hair to political success.” #RomneyBook pg. 199″

Who freaking cares about sitting on a couch?

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Bmore

Holey Moley! The Duke in his old age – “Sophisticated Lady” – and Harry practically makin’ love to that sax. Sublime.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Greg Q on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Very true. Perry’s supporters back him for ONE reason: he’s for small-governemnt. Why in the heck would I change my support from his small-government-get-off-my-lawn ideals to BIG GOVERNMENT lovers like Newt or Santorum? I won’t. If my life depended on it, I’d switch to Romney before I gave my vote to those “government is the answer for EVERYTHING” candidates.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

He didn’t just sit on that infamous couch because he believes in global warming, he sat on the couch because he support George Soros’ Cap and Trade! I will NEVER vote for Newt.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Okay, we are going to let three states, one a caucus, one a semi-open (allowing independents to vote)primary and one open primary determine the Republican nominee? There can’t be enough white flags in the country. Holy crap on a cracker.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I continued to listen to that clip. Laura is not too happy with the Romney campaign for taking a snippet of Rick Santorum endorsing Romney on her radio show in 2008, and turning it into a robocall they’re using in the SC market. She’s asked for a comment from the Romney campaign, at the time of her broadcast today she still had not gotten one.

Clicking here will take you directly to that portion of her show.

Oh, and Laura created her own robocall. I don’t think the Romney campaign is going to be too pleased with it.

btw, Laura and EE, why don’t we let the good people of SC decide if they think it’s time for Perry to mosey on back to Texas.

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Romney IS a “government is the answer to everything” candidate.

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I trust Erick’s instincts more than Ingraham. She’s been in Romney’s camp forever. I stopped listening to her four years ago because she does everything to profit from her radio show. You can’t see anything on her webiste unless you are a Laura 365 member. INHO the only one worth paying for is Rush.
I cannnot imagine Newt winning the GOP nomination, no matter how hard I try to imagine it. I can’t see Santorum win it either. Perry had the support of so many and we’re loyal to him. If and when he quits it will be on his terms. If he does, I don’t think he should endorse anyone.
Laura also has to stop her imitations of people, they are horrible. Someone should tell her to stop them.

carolt2 on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Your favorite music.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Aslan’s Girl

Good point about Jew-hatred not condoned in the South.

Few people know that the Secretary of State of the late Confederacy was Jewish. And their has been a Jewish presence in Charleston since colonial days.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Romney also believes in global warming and supported cap and trade. What’s the difference?

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I think it is time for the pundits to sick it! I am sick of these pundits telling the American people tyo fall in line and accept who ever they want.

We have had a total of 2 states weigh into this race. Don’t you think the American people have a right to weight into the candidates and have their say, Erick. Don’t you think with only 2 states weighting in and only a tiny fraction of the delegates accounted for that we should allow the process to play out.

The vast amount of American people haven’t even had a chance to have their say and the pundits are asking for Perry to bow out, that i sick and the pundits saying this are sick and need to be taken to the woodshed and given some plain old advice.

How many candidates have gone up and down and all over the place? Explain to me how Newt wins SC if Perry drops out. If you beleive the polls if Perry bowed out Newt still has too far behind and that is even assuming ALL of Perry’s supporters move to Newt, good luck with that.

Further, tell me who has the money and resources to continue in a full scale primary – Newt, maybe, Santorum No, Perry Yes. Just what is Newt going to do in Florida where money and orgixation is a key. It is a forgone conclusion that Romney takes Florida yet we have to throw Perry under the bus for the sake of Newt.

Well if Newt is so great at debating let Newt earn his win by knock and blooding Romney’s nose then. Don’t ask or expect other candidates to bow out just so you can push your guy Newt over the line – that is sick and it is why politics are corrupt and lousy cuz the pundits help make it that way.

So let me see, Newt who took 4th place in Iowa only a little ahead of Perry but Perry claims more delegates cuz he won some counties unlike Newt, we have NH where Newt came in 4th or 5th not a great showing BUT we want to throw Perry under the bus.

So let me see, we have the most consistent conservative who actually has a record to prove it, the only guy who truly wants to shrink gov’t, and take a recking ball to it, a governor with a decade long record of job growth, and doing the right things that could easily contrast with Obama and we want to throw him under the bus.

Erick has lost his mind. If anyone should bow out it should be Erick. E$rick is so obsessed with trying to ensure Romney doesn’t win he has completely lost his marbles.

Let America decide NOT you Erick!

Remind in 2008 how everyone was calling on Hillary to drop out, well she didn’t win but she sure gave Obama a run for the money all the way down to the wire.

bzip on January 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Will you be posting links of your favorites on Quote of the Day?

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Cindy, that might be my fault, you see I may have started that mischief. I thought it might be a good way for me as a new one to get to know folks better. It has been thus far, Allah hasn’t seemed to perturbed about it yet. If you think I shouldn’t be doing it, I’ll be glad to stop, just let me know. I trust your opinion on the whole proper etiquette comment thingy. I’m still learning the ropes. No pun intended with the above clip.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

The Republican Party can eat cake. After Rick Perry is out, they get ZILCH from me. And as for conservative pundits – I’m so glad I stopped listening to your shows (Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, et al). You bunch of cowards; you sat that and let the best conservative candidate with the best record go down in flames. So have fun with Romney. I’ll vote for him, because he’s better than Obama, but don’t ask me to be a Republican.

Bite me.

And yeah, Hot Air and Redstate, your lumped in there also.

Enjoy Mitt ladies. E – freaking – joy.

Defiecite speding & Romney Care & Flip flopper.

Can’t wait to hear you guys say “Opps.”

Conger on January 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hey Eric, Laura, just an FYI:

Greg Q on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Not to piss off the Perry supporters here, but technically, Ron Paul is a small-government, whatever-you-want-to-call-him.

Aizen on January 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Horace
That vid will live on in infamy. Real quality right there.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Your favorite music.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Oh. Probably not. Bmore and I sorta wore that out last night.

Plus, polls show that only 0.00001% of Hot Gassers give a hoot about my musical favorites. I’m going to drop out and endorse Bmore.

And so it goes.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

You KNOW that I’m a Perry supporter-as is the Mister-but we can see the numbers.
We wish they were different.
They’re not.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yes, I know. And you might remember I was not willing to sacrifice my Governor on this alter. But he made the decision to do it and I feel he needs to make the decision when his time is done. I don’t support calls for him to drop out prior to this next primary given all the work he has done in SC and all those who support him in SC. He’s not going to pull anything away from the ABR field.

Texas Gal on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I’m not Allah or Ed but I don’t see any reason to question your interaction with Horace. I think it is lovely and hope that he will link his music during QOTD where we tend to go a touch off topic as the evening wears on. Just a touch.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Will you be posting links of your favorites on Quote of the Day?

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Oh and Cindy I do make my comment on the topic first.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Both Perry and Newt played the class warfare card on Mitt. They were both wrong.
Perry’s a mensch and one of the reasons why we moved to Texas. He’s a good governor-so I can ignore it.
Newt isn’t anything. I liked Newt as speaker and enjoy him in the debates…sometimes…but then afterwards he goes off and says something half-a**sed.
If he’s the nominee I’ll vote for him-but if my primary choices are him or Mitt…

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Hey Laura, Eric, do me a favor……SHADDUP! Thanks. Putzes….I’m sick of these media types, on both sides, trying to make my decisions.

sicoit on January 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

No one is forced to click a link and your choices are every bit as relevant as any others’.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

alwaysfiredup on January 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

There isn’t any. Which is why Newt is NOT a “Not-Romney”, he’s Romney but with a disgusting past full of anti-conservative baggage and no executive experience and he doesn’t have a level-head. He’s a loose cannon that is CONSTANTLY shooting his own foot off. Look what happned in IA, he gave that interview where he said, “Let’s face it, I’m going to be the nominee”; he crashed in epic Newt fashion, of course. He practically did the same thing the other day, too.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

If he drops out before Saturday can he do it after the debate. I’d like to see him give one memorable performance, say everything we want him to say and then drop out in his closing remarks.

gophergirl on January 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Perry’s candidacy is not going to end well. His supporters readily admit Rick doesn’t know how to lose.

Jurisprudence on January 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Thanks Cindy, me being a bit older then most at that hour, its kinda invigorating. You know to be playful after a grueling day.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I understand you’re disappointed, and if you don’t want to support Gingrich you have every right not to, but please don’t let your disappointment lead you to resort to repeating liberal lies that can be easily proven to be false.

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I believe Ingraham is on the Clear Channel, no? Clear Channel is owned by BAIN and Mitt is a controlling stockholder.

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

He was also Sec. of War.
He escaped to England after the War and ended up dying there.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Horace
Thanks for the endorsement but I tried to tell you once, Skeletons.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I think the people calling for Perry to drop out are a joke, if anybody should go away it is that bunch who think they know it all and know nothing. If they think Perry dropping out will help their candidate of choice I believe they will be surprised. What gives them the nerve to ask any candidate to drop out? God will decide this race not these know nothings.

Tn.-Vol on January 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

FYI: I’m supporting Perry until he drops out.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Bmore

Some “dire” folks and some Texas folks often turn QOTD into a teen beat chat room, and you’re worried about a favorite music list or two?

Buckle up, son. Francis Marion, The Swamp Fox, wouldn’t like that sort of cringing from a fellow North Carolinian.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Hey ! I have an idea-let’s just rid of primaries and let the media and the good old boys in DC pick our candidates~~~ The press had it in for Perry for some reason I cna’t explain. He has done great in last weeks of debates-he just couldn’t break through the clutter. It will be sad to seehim go if he does-He has the right stuff to lead this nation back to greatness with NO baggage or flipflopping llike some I can name.

Bullhead on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Oh, and here’s a counter to Ms. Almighty Ingraham: Levin thinks Perry should stay in and said today, “There’s plenty of time yet!”

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I think my governor is a great man…but it’s time for him to come home to Texas. It’s over.
We need him here.
When he makes it official my support will grudgingly go to*cough* *choke*…Mitt.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I’m simply stunned. I’ve been reading your comments for a century, and a die hard Perry gal heading to Mitt? Grudgingly, I’d rather support a Newt who has several ongoing affairs (in present day) coupled with all of Cains accusers. ANYONE but Rombo.

preallocated on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Tn.-Vol on January 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I’m one of those people…and we have a Perry sticker on our Car and a Perry sign in our window.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Since I am hurtling towards sixty I understand.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

We need to stop pushing candidates out so early, it’s just crazy.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

He was also Sec. of War.
He escaped to England after the War and ended up dying there.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

To quote a fellow Nebraskan, Johnny Carson, “I did not know that.”

Thanx.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

preallocated on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I don’t like Mitt. I don’t like Santy. I don’t like Newt.
Honestly…I’m at the point where I almost wish that Palin would jump in if Perry gets out.
I could tolerate her more that the group that would be left.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I have a better idea. How about if Obama drops out.

Lily on January 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Can a rookie call a threadwinner?

jazzuscounty on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Jurisprudence on January 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

The thing is – there is not a logical place for the Perry supporters to go.

If Jindal was in, if Palin was in, if Pence was in – then it would be a no-brainer.

Really though the 2nd choice (mine is Mitt) is so different than Perry – it makes it hard to get excited for them.

gophergirl on January 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

You are most welcome, Sir.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Cindy Munford

Just wait until your hurtling after sixty like me.

Then you’ll REALLY understand.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I have a better idea. How about if Obama drops out.

Lily on January 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Can a rookie call a threadwinner?

jazzuscounty on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

old-timer seconds.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I agree with Palin – in essence, “the more the merrier”.

Laura and Erik are shills for Romney. I gave up listening/reading
to anything from them a long time ago. My websites of choice
are gateway pundit (mostly because they post topics first), Hot Air, American Thinker (read the comments section) and Hillbuzz (the site by gay guys
who give great entertainment and detailed information on political
topics). I have even given up Rush, Hannity (all things Fox
actually), newspapers, local news, etc. More time is spent on
my business which has resulted in additional revenue.

The problem with our voters is that they want instant gratification so they don’t have to do any research, or heaven
forbid, any thinking. Many want others to make the decision for
them. Otherwise the repub estab with their Romney candidate would be getting more resistance.

And that is what got our country into big trouble in the first place.

Amjean on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

gophergirl on January 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Exactly how I feel.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Since I am hurtling towards sixty I understand.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

That makes us peers. Drop in there is you have a chance. Music has such a universal appeal. I like just about any of it.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Heyyyy! I just decided to go with Perry!!

bill glass on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Bmore

You’re still alive! So much for all the rumors.

O/T – Three I forgot on Favorite Music thing last night:

12. Keith Jarrett – Cologne and Sun Bear concerts
13. Duke Ellington – Everything he ever did
14. Bix Beiderbecke – Great jazz horn blower from Davenport, IA. Drank hisself to death at the age of 28 in 1931, but left wonderful sounds behind.

Carry on. Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Bmore

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Well as long as you realize that it’s only okay when you do it.///

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Why should we let 2(OPEN) primary states and a caucus state dictate who the top tier is

KornKing on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Horace
Man o man I miss Carson.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Beats the alternative.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Since I am hurtling towards sixty I understand.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Y’all are makin’ me feel so young.
Thank you.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Bullhead on January 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Yep, Faux “News” saw to that. They refuse to mention how many cheers Perry got the other night esp. for his defense of the Marines. Perry’s cutting of government, lobbyists, and Congress would put a lot of people out of business. Faux, already in the tank for Mitt, cannot have that! Horrors! What “news” will they report if Congress works half the time?

I read a theory the other day that the Establishment really wants to run Jeb in ’16 (they couldn’t this year b/c of “Bush Fatigue”) so they chose the weakest candidate, Mitt, so that he’ll lose ’12 and keep the ’16 path open for Jeb.

Faux and the Establishment have defended every single candidate for their mis-steps, EXCEPT for Perry. None of these guys have had flawless campaigns, and FNC has been there for ALL of them except for Perry. Faux never attacks anyone, except for Perry. Greta’s lawyer husband vowed to “destroy” Perry over Tort Reform. They are not honest brokers. They became the “Herman Cain Channel” 24/7 during his scandal and they all voluntarily became his defense attorneys. But NO help for Perry. They hate him because he is the only candidate with the record and the $$ to challenge Mitt and they can’t have that!

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I’ve seen you there, good stuff.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

KornKing on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

THIS!!

Although New Hampshire is a “semi-open” primary, meaning independents but not Democrats can vote. I wonder how many affiliation changes were made this year?

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Well as long as you realize that it’s only okay when you do it.///

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Well, I’m glad we can agree on something.

Plus, Twerp called me “sir.”

My psychiatrist did say there could be some adverse side-effects from my new medication, but…Shazaaaaam!

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

We need to stop pushing candidates out so early, it’s just crazy.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I think I’d like it better if everyone had to vote on the same day. I resent the stagger, by the time it gets to Super Tuesday, its all but over.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Horace, You have really settled down, whether it’s medication or what. I’ve said some very nasty things about you, and I apologize.

juliesa on January 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Horace
Man o man I miss Carson.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

“It was cold out today.”
“How cold was it?”

Cindy Munford

Just wait. Some morning when everything hurts for no reason at all, the alternative ain’t that bad. Thing to always remember – Ibuprofen is your friend.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I’d like to see a conservative pull the not-Romney vote together, but it should be done by stating the case better than the other guy.That shouldn’t be so hard to do, if you believed in it!

SMACKRUNNER on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Well as long as you realize that it’s only okay when you do it.///

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Well, I’m glad we can agree on something.

Plus, Twerp called me “sir.”

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

/// = indication of sarcasm. :-D

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

The problem with our voters
Amjean on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Not to nit pic, but shouldn’t that read

The problem with all voters

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

ALT I thought you were early 30′s, that is young.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

This is interesting:

Palin Urges Votes For A Man She Called A “Narrow-minded, Egotistical Machine Goon”

So Perry should drop out and endorse, in her own words, an “egotistical, narrow-minded machine goon”? LOL!

Aslans Girl on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Also,scr#@* Eric Erickson!

SMACKRUNNER on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

juliesa

No problem. We all have to keep in mind that Obama MUST be defeated. Country is at stake. In-fighting on the way to that goal will probably strengthen us in the long run.

As to topic of Laura Ingraham – As with Ann Coulter, one has to begin to wonder if she is really a conservative or has just found a way to sell books to bitter clingers and Bible thumpers. After all, Coulter dated Bill Mahrer. Wonder who Laura dates?

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

We posted music links on QOTD to drive Jenfidel crazy.

And it worked!

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

old-timer seconds.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Hey! From East Texas to West Texas, we agree. Get rid of Obama.

jazzuscounty on January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

ALT I thought you were early 30′s, that is young.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I love you.
I’m 41.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

There is usually a reason for these things, and while I’m not against us voting together it needs to be later rather than sooner. Trying to crown anyone right now is crazy and I believe we would regret it quickly.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Thing to always remember – Ibuprofen is your friend.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

LOL! I’ll remember. Well, maybe I’ll write it down.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Who is this Eric Erickson you all speak of? Redstate, I thought he threw in the towel and assumed the fetal thumb suck position, what about a year or so back, wasn’t it?

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I could tolerate her more that the group that would be left.

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Damn! That was a pig I just saw fly past my window. :-)

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Bmore

What a suck up you’ve become.

Next you’ll be telling csdeven how “hot” she/he/it is.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

So once Perry gets out, we’re down to Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul. RonPaul won’t go anywhere, but now we’re still split two ways…what to do from there? Who gets out next, Gingrich or Santorum?

vegconservative on January 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Exactly right. And face it – Paul is siphoning far more votes than Perry.

Who will Perry’s people go to? I’ve seen that opinion split between Romney/Gingrich/Santorum/Paul – in that order.

Sorry, but until Perry decides to go, I stick with him. He is the only candidate with a consistently conservative record. That record is the most important thing to me.

Did the TEA Party people work so hard just to put a fricken MODERATE left leaning rino in the running? Really?

NO. But you have Rush and Hannity making love to Romney for hours every day, you have Fox doing specials to “explain” Romneys past, and the pathetic excuse that it’s only because Romney seems most electable. The only reason that basturd seems electable is because we are being force-fed this absurdity.

GrandeMe on January 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Horace
I did not need to know that about Annie get your guns Coulter. Ick, I mean really Ick.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Damn! That was a pig I just saw fly past my window. :-)

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I’m starting to mellow in my middle-age.
Shame really.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Horace
Hold it, I though it/he/she was lib4life.

Next you’ll be telling csdeven how “hot” she/he/it is.

Oh never mind I see the difference.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Bmore

“Ick?” Even if they were really, really in LUV?

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Thing to always remember – Ibuprofen is your friend.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Just make sure to eat before you take it. That stuff will kill your stomach.

gophergirl on January 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Damn! That was a pig I just saw fly past my window. :-)

Flora Duh on January 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Nice visual aid there Flora.

Bmore on January 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Couldn’t agree more.

juliesa on January 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Thing to always remember – Ibuprofen is your friend.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

LOL! I’ll remember. Well, maybe I’ll write it down.

Cindy Munford on January 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

First thing to remember is the memory pills. Then I will be able to remind myself to take the Ibuprofen.

SparkPlug on January 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

GrandeMe

I agree. All along Paul and Santorum have been siphoning votes from Perry. And now Gingrich, too.

It is a result of the Not Romney vote being split 4,5 or 6 ways while Romney has his core. Means Romney can win primaries with 30% as long as the 70% Not Romney vote is split so many ways.

But, as long as the Not Romney pie has to be cut in so many pieces, Romney continues with a whole pie of his own.

Horace on January 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

We posted music links on QOTD to drive Jenfidel crazy.

And it worked!

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

;-D

cynccook on January 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

We posted music links on QOTD to drive Jenfidel crazy.

And it worked!

John the Libertarian on January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I miss my mommy soooo much.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on January 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

The thing is – there is not a logical place for the Perry supporters to go.

gophergirl

I hear you. Palin should have been in the race from the moment she said “game on” last spring in Wisconsin, or started her candidacy after her speech in Indianola, IA. The closest to a movement conservative in the race is Newt. He’s the last bulwark the conservative movement has, first against the lunacy of Paul and the luke-warm moderation of Romney, and second against the unrestrained anti-constitutionalism of Obama.

Jurisprudence on January 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM