Tough new Santorum ad: Let’s face it, Romney = Obama

posted at 7:20 pm on January 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

It’s tough, but it doesn’t feel tough, does it? This is Romney 101, stuff that every conservative who hasn’t been in a coma for the past two years already knows and dislikes about Mitt. But since there are in fact plenty of near-comatose (or, per the polite euphemism, “low-information”) voters, it might actually move the needle once it starts airing in SC. Consider it payback for the Romney Super PAC ads that have Santorum so worked up today.

Just one question: If this spot does end up hurting Romney, is Santorum the likely beneficiary? Over to you, Newt:

Despite having earlier suggested an loose alliance with his “junior partner” Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich seemed eager to put further distance between himself and the former Pennsylvania senator in the lead-up to Monday’s GOP debate, warning conservatives that siding with Santorum was a vote for rival Mitt Romney.

If you vote for Sen. Santorum, in effect, you’re functionally voting for Gov. Romney to be the nominee. The only way to stop Mitt Romney, for all practical purposes, is to vote for Newt Gingrich. It’s a fact. It’s a mathematical fact,” Gingrich said to reporters after an event in Myrtle Beach, according to the Wall Street Journal…

“Evangelical voters would like to have a nominee that will win a general election, and somebody who set the all time Pennsylvania record for the size of their defeat has a harder case to make as to why they could be elected,” Gingrich said.

I don’t know what he means by “mathematical fact.” True, Santorum has slid in South Carolina since his post-Iowa bounce and now trails Gingrich, but if Newt’s supporters defected to him en masse, he’d still have a fantastic shot at surprising Romney. What Newt really means to say, I think — and maybe he’ll say this bluntly tonight — is that Santorum’s still widely thought of as a boutique social-issues candidate whereas Gingrich is known for being a policy polymath. If you’re an independent thinking of rolling the dice on Obama’s opponent, who are you more likely to take a chance on: The guy who, according to the media caricature, is obsessed with abortion and gay marriage or the guy who’s known for being able to debate about nearly anything? This is going to be Gingrich’s message for the next week, I think, especially at the debates — that Romney can’t beat Obama and Santorum can’t beat Romney, therefore there’s only one truly, frankly, profoundly, fundamentally electable option still on the table. Turns out it’s the guy who finished fourth in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Who knew?

Says Mark Halperin, “Amazing to think about what would have happened if this ad had been run in Iowa for all of December with real money behind it.” Ah, but that would have required even a single semi-competent candidate besides Romney to be running this year.

Update: A good point from Bill Kristol about Newt’s supposed electability: It ain’t Rick Santorum whose favorables are nearly 30 points underwater.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Isn’t that a minor, trivial issue compared to RomneyCare? You seriously voting for Romney over Santorum b/c of that? If so, don’t tell me you are a conservative.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Now you are just being absurd. Twist and turn.

Santorum…flip flopper:

Washington D.C., Feb 2, 2008 / 01:14 am (CNA).- Mitt Romney scored a victory in the political endorsement battle today, as Rick Santorum, a former Republican senator from Pennsylvania known as a strong conservative, gave him his backing

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Y’know, I’ve been thinking about a “Sleeves for Santorum” campaign. Raise dollars to buy that man’s deserving sweaters some sleeves in a series of Save the Children-type tearjerking ads.

If successful, I’ll do the same for Larry the Cable Guy.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I don’t understand the argument that RomneyCare was just peachy because it was done on the state level. Those of us who believe that the individual mandate is an unacceptable violation of personal autonomy and liberty take little comfort in the fact that imposing one is not prohibited by the state’s constitution.

Any person who thinks that forcing individuals to engage in unwanted economic activity is a good idea is not a someone I would trust to protect my freedom and liberty in other contexts.

Just Sayin on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

RomneyCare is socialized medicine. It’s not illogical to see Romney as some kind of socialist. He’s a healthcare statist, still defends the idea.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Child Tax Credits are redistributive, too.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

If you separated out the Romney supporters who simply want to have sex with him to those that agree with him on the issues, there would only be like two left

O_O

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Mitt does have that “executive” look, he looks like an executive. You know, that look. Like an executive should look.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I’ve had conversations recently with semi-informed (in their minds anyway) Republicans who are against big government, but support Romney. When I bring up RomneyCare, they shrug. No biggie. They point to his private sector experience and his handling of the SLC Olympics. But it’s the “look.” He appears trustworthy, and reminds the older generation of Mr. Rodgers. Optics, appearances. Substance. Essentially, Romney hasn’t imploded in the primary and the others have, the exception is Santorum. I think it’s a done deal.

conservative pilgrim on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Beat Obama!!!
Just don’t mention Obamacare…

This is a good point – I’ve seen many arguing we have to swallow Mitt’s liberalism because beating Obama is all that matters.

Well in that case, why not nominate Hillary Clinton? I guarantee you that with Republican support she’d win.

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

You realize you are telling everyone a whole lot more about your self than anyone else. I am amazed at your debating skills I have to say.

Now about that list of cons who have supported Romney ..,…..

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

The cons supported Romney think he’s the probable nominee and want him to hook them up with a job in his adminstration or at least be considered for something. It’s not complicated.

I don’t know any conservative ideologues who support Romney on his record. There are a few who support him out of fear tghat only he can beat Obama, which I think is silly but it is what is is. I think he’s Obama’s best matchup, the rich governor’s son “greedy” fat cat wall streeter bain capital moneybags picture boy. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

The candidate who’s focused on sticking it to Obama instead of other candidates is the one who comes out on top.

whatcat on January 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Absolutely. He’ll be the one that everybody rallies around.

Funny how we can figure that out but the high priced campaign advisors can’t.

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

well, lets see if Santorum will back this up face-to-face without sounding all whiny. yeah, very doubtful.

gatorboy on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Defeat Obama…….

…..but replace him with something that will give us more of this?

No more Progressive Big Government republican standard bearers.

How many “kinder/gentler” nominees do we need?

We had one in 1988
We had one in 1992
We had one in 1996
We had one in 2000
We had one in 2004
We had one in 2008…….and looks like…….

PappyD61 on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Child Tax Credits are redistributive, too.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Sure, but just TRY to suggest to a conservative that they be stopped without generating anything from a shouting match to a fistfight…

BTW, Sanitorum is proposing to triple these credits. Not only blatant vote-buying for the likes of the Duggars, but real economic brilliance in time of massive national debt…

MelonCollie on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Rick Santorum …a strong conservative, gave him his backing

So you bother to quote the article without reading it?

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I’d suggest you look at Mitt’s record instead of posting inane drivel.

You might find it enlightening.

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM

So if he’s a socialist then I guess Santorum, Demint, Pawlenty, Rubio, and Hatch all support socialism. Good to know.

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Gophergirl is not a shill for Romney. For pete’s sake, DT keep up. And your hatred of Red State clouds your judgment.
jazzuscounty on January 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Thank you. I thought that was quite funny to be honest.
gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Aw, com’n – everybody knows you are shilling for Mitt because you hate Perry!
:D

whatcat on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Like this guy?

Flora Duh on January 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

The only guy who could remotely pull off a sweater vest was Chandler Bing :)

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I know about 2 Mormons who vote Democrat. The Dems don’t care about offending Mormons. They’ll go as anti-Mormon as they wanna. Bain Capital and distortions thereof will play to keep the “independents and moderates” voting Democrat or staying home. Romneycare keeps attacks on 0bamacare off the table.

Mitt’s going to win…..exactly how?

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Child Tax Credits are redistributive, too.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

If you say so, I don’t have kids so I haven’t thought about this issue, but shouldn’t you get more tax credits if you have more kids?

You don’t like Santorum b/c of his comments about the gays. Why hide behind this bogus talking points? You can be honest with me, pretend I’m God and you can’t hide the truth from me. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Oh so their words and the fact that they have changed their minds are worthless but you trust them now. Gotcha. Yeh tool.

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

No more Progressive Big Government republican standard bearers.

Yep. McCain was the last straw. And now it appears a plurality want to run McCain V2.0.

What is the definition of insanity again?

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

But the bright side to at least four more years of economic hardships is that I actually enjoy my job cooking at a restaurant much more then I liked my old job, practicing architecture. Sure, I make three times less then I did, but it is so fun.

carbon_footprint on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

MelonCollie on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, a lot of people on the right are being forced to rationalize behavior, rhetoric, and words that don’t belong on the right.

Did we fail much?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Well…

… at least the drinking game tonight should be fun.

Seven Percent Solution on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

NOW I remember….the early attacks on Palin supporters. I thought I had seen this sort of thing somewhere else.

Whew, I thought I was getting senile.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Santorum was a leader on welfare reform in the Senate, it’s hard to make the case he’s for wealth redistribution. He was also against tax hikes. There’s nothing there but you keep trying to make him out as statist. I never heard of a statist who was against tax hikes, but I guess there’s a first time for everything. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Nope, just Mittens. Well, and Obama.

So you go ahead and vote for one liberal or the other. In the grand scheme of things it does not matter.

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Aw, com’n – everybody knows you are shilling for Mitt because you hate Perry!
:D

whatcat on January 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

That’s me a Mitt shill – I’ve just been “undercover”

He he – best laugh I’ve had all day.

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

You haven’t thought of this issue… sure, let’s talk about my secret adoration of gay rights or something. Pfffttt…

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I like this. Even the dumbest goober should be able to understand this message and see the truth.

Southernblogger on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Did we fail much?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

*sigh* I don’t know. It’s hard to assign blame in any one place when it seems like everything is imitating London Bridge.

MelonCollie on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Child Tax Credits x3. Case made.

Oh, and he’s not even a free market guy.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Santorum is heavily pro-union. Voted against federal right to work.

andy85719 on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

If I have to choose between Romney and Santorum, I am picking Romney. Santorum’s record is awful on everything except social causes.

This is what I am reading right now…

ConservativeLaw on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I think for myself, and there’s no logical way to spin RomneyCare as small governemnt approach to healthcare. It’s statism, it’s socialized medicine, it’s a budget buster, it’s a debt increaser, it’s liberalism in every single f—- way.

You are kissing that Romney ass while pretendding you are some kind of freedom lover.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Please don’t get him started.

JPeterman on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

But the bright side to at least four more years of economic hardships

Given the choice between fighting to turn things around NOW, it amazes me so many Republicans are picking the status quo candidate.

If Romney wins the nomination, America is guaranteed to lose the general election.

18-1 on January 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Whew, I thought I was getting senile.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Considering the bulk of the attacks on Palin from our side came from Romney supporters, I call it karma.

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Storm’n/Santorum UnLeash’s Desert Political Storm,
against Hopey/Changey,in a Shocky and Awe Ad,oh
sh*t tickers…..,

…double d*mn,*(Clears,dirt on binoculars,
hey,I think its Freindly,turn on the infrared,
yup,its another M1-A1 tank,dang,we almost sabot
-ted a mis indentified T-72 tank,and to think,
we almost put an uranium rod through Rapid Romney,
…..sheesh…..that was a close one!)*
(snark)

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:01 PM

MelonCollie on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Whatever is happening (for whatever reason) is hard to swallow.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

This is what I am reading right now…

ConservativeLaw on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

So Santorum’s record of being anti-tax hike, pro-tax cut, pro-weflare reform, pro-social security reform including privitazation, pro free market solutions to healthcare makes him more liberal than the RomneyCare guy on fiscal issues?

It’s amazing how stupid so many Republican voters are. Not just stupid, redneck f— stupid.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Now if that ain’t a bunch of crap, I don’t know what is.

Romney supporters certainly contributed, but who had more to gain by keeping her out? Romney, or the three conservative candidates now tearing each other’s throats out to claim the True Conservative position she’d just walk into?

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Santorum is heavily pro-union. Voted against federal right to work.

andy85719 on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Maybe one reason his tax policy favors manufacturers?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM

The only guy who could remotely pull off a sweater vest was Chandler Bing :)

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Heh, I guess I dated myself with that link to McCartney. But you’re right, Chandler could pull it off.

As for myself, whenever I think of a man in a sweater vest, William F. Buckley comes to mind. Which is odd, because I haven’t been able to find any pictures of him wearing one.

Flora Duh on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Now if that ain’t a bunch of crap, I don’t know what is.

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Nope, most HA Palin-haters mysteriously turned into Romney shills the moment she was no longer a threat.

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I vote for taking a drink tonight every time someone says Reagan (double shot if it’s Newt)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Whew, I thought I was getting senile.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Bishop:)

The SarahCudian ReBellion Forces and Revolutionary Voter Guards,
have in no way,any connections to *spit*,Palinistas,and,we,ugh,
“They”,are hunkered down,in a Secret Command Facility,awaiting
Cuda’s Orders!!
(snark)

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Santorum is heavily pro-union. Voted against federal right to work.

andy85719 on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

You don’t get elected in PA if you are anti-union. But he opposed the National Right to WOrk admendment based on the 10th admendment, same grounds Romney uses to excuse RomneyCare.

Santy has agreed with Right to Work measures since he left office. That’s just not a winning issue in PA. I’ll take that impurity over RomneyCare and healthcare statism and mandates any fricking day.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Conservatives endorse Romney, therefore they must have been bought and paid for.

Because, as we all know, genuine conservatives are only allowed to endorse crappy candidates with zero political acumen who seemingly try to turn off as many voters as possible with their unstable rhetoric and untenable policy positions. Because they’re Truly Conservative.

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:58 PM

If you work in a factory making about $10/hour, well….I’m afraid you will have to leave. Only smart, wealthy, credentialed people are allowed to opine.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Say what?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Oh, and he’s not even a free market guy.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

What’s free market about RomneyCare? That’s your horse. Don’t talk about free markets to me if Romney is your horse. He is by far the biggest liberal Republican we have ever nominated, and you support him, which isn’t suprising, b/c you are typical idiot California Republican. You wonder why your cost of living is so high out there? B/c you vote for guys like Romney.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Yeah! You stoopid people need to getchur act togedder and lern sumtin. Morans!,.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Sheraton Convention Center
2101 N. Oak Street
Myrtle Beach, SC
==================

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Do I dare mention the almost reflexive destroy-mode attacks engaged in by Palinistas at all potential threats to her, including but certainly not limited to Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, and just about every online newsblog with the exception of Palin4Prez or whatever the hell the hagiographers call themselves these days?

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Smart? Wealthy? Credentialed?

Oh well. Sayeth Meat Loaf:
Two outa three ain’t bad.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on January 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Dang, you are dumb. I think I’ll just keep letting you make this same accusation. Just for our entertainment.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Say what?
MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I’m a mechanical engineer and I know I earn more money than you do, so you call me thick all you want while you make your 10 bucks a hour at some factory job.
Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Why don’t you go play Jon Stewart on somebody else. You are not funny, don’t force it. We all have your limitations, you need to accept yours.

You can brown nose Romney if you want. I never said you can’t have an opinion, but if some Romney shill calls me thick and stupid, I do think the fact that I’m a mechanical engineer is a decent counter.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Romney = Obama? As a Dem who loves Hot Gas, that’s why I support Romney. He would obviously be the most like The One. Let’s face it: Conservatives are screwed regardless of who wins the 2012 general.

ronval912 on January 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

The good doctor seems to have a thin skin malady, it might derive from riding too long on a really high horse.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I missed that little tid-bit of class warfare … or is it reverse class warfare?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Why don’t you talk to somebody else, I obviously get under your skin, and that’s not my goal.

Go brown nose Romney and make him as as Champion of Free Markets. Good luck with that.

I understand you hate me b/c I know why you hate Santy. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

6. Marco Rubio:

Marco Rubio, a rising star in the Republican party, has also defended RomneyCare. Here’s what he had to say about it:
“It’s a work in progress,” Rubio says, speaking of the Bay State program. “There are major distinctions between that and what Obama is trying to do in Washington. For one, it didn’t raise any taxes. Number two, it is not adding to our deficit. That is my biggest objection to Obamacare, although there are many others. My number-one objection to Obamacare is that we can’t afford it, even if it was the greatest idea in the world.”

Oh noes.

CW on January 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM

This statement alone should disqualify Rubio from consideration by conservatives. Cost is the biggest objection? Really?

[LANGUAGE WARNING FOR LINK] He’s also wrong. The guy who helped design Romneycare – the chief economist on the project – was also the chief architect of ObamaCare. He has said that (1) They are the same thing, and (2) If MA didn’t have to raise taxes, it was only because the Feds are picking up the tab. (So yes, it is contributing to the federal deficit.)

Just Sayin on January 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Here’s an ad by Santorum from his ’06 reelction. In it he brags that he knows how to “work with Democrats” like Barbara Boxer (!), Hilary Clinton (!), and Liberman:

On top of that, Santorum, in his book, calls himself a big government compassionate conservative:

I suspect some will dismiss my ideas as just an extended version of ‘compassionate conservatism.’ Some will reject what I have said as a kind of ‘Big Government Conservatism.’ Some will say that what I’ve tried to argue isn’t conservatism at all. But I believe what I’ve been presenting is the genuine conservatism our Founders envisioned. One that fosters the opportunity for all Americans to live as we are called to live, in selfless families that contribute to the general welfare, the common good.”

- Rick Santorum, It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good, Conclusion, p. 421

And, here, he says that government needs to spend $$ on the poor… um, isn’t that the CHURCH’s place? What kind of Catholic says this? A big government kind, obviously:

“What was my vision? I came to the uncomfortable realization that conservatives were not only reluctant to spend government dollars on the poor, they hadn’t even thought much about what might work better. I often describe my conservative colleagues during this time as simply ‘cheap liberals.’ My own economically modest personal background and my faith had taught me to care for those who are less fortunate, but I too had not yet given much thought to the proper role of government in this mission.”

- Rick Santorum, It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good, Preface, p. IX

And he doesn’t believe in “personal autonomy”(!):

“This whole idea of personal autonomy, well I don’t think most conservatives hold that point of view. Some do. They have this idea that people should be left alone, be able to do whatever they want to do, government should keep our taxes down and keep our regulations low, that we shouldn’t get involved in the bedroom, we shouldn’t get involved in cultural issues. You know, people should do whatever they want. Well, that is not how traditional conservatives view the world and I think most conservatives understand that individuals can’t go it alone.”

- Rick Santorum, 2008

Where does this idea come from that Santorum is a “Not-Romney”? He IS Romney, except more consistently so-con. Otherwise, he, Mitt, and Newt all believe in Big Government to solve our troubles. All three have voted or signed anti-gun laws, too.

Are we really going to go down the Bush-style “compassionate conservative” route AGAIN? Yeah, it was such a success the last time that it led to the ’06 Dem take-over of the House and Senate and led to Obama’s presidency.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I do think the fact that I’m a mechanical engineer is a decent counter.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The way you counter an accusation that you’re dumb is by making a smart argument, instead of repeating the same platitudes that nobody cares about any more.

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

You brown nosing Romney is even funnier than me being a Romney shill.

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

missed that little tid-bit of class warfare … or is it reverse class warfare?

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

The ROmneyCare fan is now accusing me of being a liberal class warfarist. Hah!

You don’t get to be a conservative badazz and a Romney fan at the same time, brother. It’s one or the other. You choose healthcare statism. Nothing free market about RomneyCare….it’s not complicated, but Romney is a cutie pie, Ill give you that. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Oh, and Santorum voted for $1 BILLION in earmarks, that’s “billion” with a “B”.

Wasting our tax $$ on teapot museums.

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

A pro-Mitt spin: hyperbole, inadequate context, misleading, misrepresentation, it was long ago, and baloney (“RCare is the blueprint for OCare”: RCare was tangential and keeps private sector intact, OCare is a fundamental transformative intervention. That RCare designers were consulted on OCare… does not make it the blueprint!).

anotherJoe on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Bishop:Your Math is all wrong,here try this one!!:)
======================================================

‘If eight slaves pick 56 oranges…’ Georgia school under fire for racist, violent math homework
********************************
********************************

Last updated at 1:02 AM on 8th January 2012
*******************************************

Parents of elementary school students in Georgia are outraged after their children brought home math homework referencing slavery and beatings.

In an attempt to mix social studies with math, students of Beaver Ridge Elementary school in Norcross were asked to calculate such questions as how many oranges and cotton slaves could pick.

‘I’m having to explain to my 8-year-old why slavery or slaves or beatings are in a math problem. That hurts,’ Terrance Barnett expressed to WSB-TV.
Scroll down for video

Another question asked: ‘If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?’

‘I was furious at that point in time,’ Mr Braxton said.
(More…)
============

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I understand you hate me b/c I know why you hate Santy. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ah, little one. You have much to learn.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Sure you can think that, then I’ll remind you that Obama has quite a few degrees himself; credentialed doesn’t mean intelligent.

But hey, you obviously think enough of yourself to trot out the “you bunch of rednecks” line, so you do share that in common with the smart people on the left. Oh…maybe you didn’t realize that. Sorry.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Uh-oh be careful. I posted the same thing and was accused of being in the “tank” for Romney.

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Why is he known mostly for social issues then? And before you go off on a rant, I agree Romney is an unwise choice.

jazzuscounty on January 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Wasting our tax $$ on teapot museums.

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Aslans Girl:Lol…TeaPot Museums!:)

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I am not one of the ones who thinks she is running or about to jump in or could be drafted or whatever. I’m just pointing out that if you want to know why Palin isn’t running, ask Mitt Romney.

Moreover, this is the same crack thinking that got us the Titanic 100 years ago. Moving forward on the ASSumption xyz is “unsinkable” just compounds the tragedy when it does sink. You may get Romney as nominee. But don’t come crying to me if he loses an election a ham sandwich should be able to win. I will respond, “You brainless dumdshiz, you don’t nominate someone the opposition has been preparing for for five years.” And don’t come crying to me when the Tea Party goes third party. I will respons, “Moron! 2012 proved that you do not have their interests in mind, and they are the future, not you! Why shouldn’t they form a party where their establishment listens to them?”

Sekhmet on January 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM

LOL, I’ll probably be accused of “smearing” him.

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

You brown nosing Romney is even funnier than me being a Romney shill.
gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Can’t you read? You don’t like Santorum because you want to have sex with Romney, I don’t like Santorum because I think he wants to throw gays in ovens..or something.

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Ok, you make the case that you are smarter than your average engineer, or that most engineers are stupid. I think that’s going to be a hard sell. I’ve seen intelligent people fail out of engineering school. It’s a challenging curriculum, but your ego isnt going to let you admit that b/c brown nosing Romney is what you think makes a person smart. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Obama is better than having Romney in there for 4 years and trying to displace him after he’s already in. GOP Congress for next 4 years and then let’s get a true conservative in the WH.

Deep Timber on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

LOL, I’ll probably be accused of “smearing” him.

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Perry, DREAM ACT boy is going back to Texas. I know that’s touugh for you to accept, but you don’t really care about policy and ideas anyway.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Ahhh gotcha. Hard to keep up with all the accusations.

gophergirl on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I cannot vote for Romney as our nominee. Under any circumstances.

Deep Timber on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

“Let’s face it, Romney = Obama”

That right there has made me determined not to support Santorum for ANYTHING. That is not only completely untrue, I see it as a “if I can’t have the nomination, I am going to sabotage the party” move.

That’s the last straw, I’ve had it with Santorum.

crosspatch on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

O/T
====

Online Streaming Fox News Debate Feed Linky
*******************************************

Operational at 8:45PM
************************
************************

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Says the guy that admits to knowing near to nothing on tax credits.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

“Let’s face it, Romney = Obama”

That’s the last straw, I’ve had it with Santorum.

crosspatch on January 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I agree. Romney is obviously the MOST like Obama, but he is not Obama.

KirknBurker on January 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

jazzuscounty on January 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Because social libs like you in the pundit and political class have been effective as pigeonholing him as a social conservative. He’s way to the right of Romney on fiscal matters. Club for Growth is a good place to start, but let’s face it, the social libs aren’t going to vote for Santorum. Got to be down with the gays. That’s their big issue. Not fiscal issues…they fake that. :)

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Bishop:Don’t forget the Chicago Bath Houses,er Showers!!
(sarc):)

canopfor on January 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Do mechanical engineering schools teach people to be prigs?

Bishop on January 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

OT but it may be important. More sites to protest SOPA on Wed.

In protest of SOPA, Wikipedia along with other internet giants Reddit, WordPress and Mozilla will participate in a 24 hour “web blackout” this Wednesday. CBS News Reports:

Article here: http://www.therightscoop.com/wikipedia-to-shut-down-for-24-hours-wednesday-in-protest-of-sopa/

bluefox on January 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Has Newt challenged Santorum to a 90 minute Lincoln-Douglas debate yet?

JPeterman on January 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Newt doesn’t kick puppies.

katy the mean old lady on January 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Says the guy that admits to knowing near to nothing on tax credits.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I don’t have kids so why would that be a big issue for me? You never explained why it’s illogical to give more tax credits to families who have more kids? I don’t see how that’s liberal in general. I’m for peole paying less in taxes for whatever fricking reason, including the fact thtey have more kids.

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I’m just baffled that you cite being a mechanical engineer as making you somehow superior to others in the world of political argument, especially in an online forum behind a nickname, which means that it’s just as likely you’re a highly-paid mechanical engineer as it is that you’re an unemployed loser living in your mother’s basement.

It’s the great equalizer, really. You’ve got to make a better argument than the other person and back it up with evidence. The Romney supporters here are arguing that he’s a strong conservative and the other candidates have glaring unconservative things in their records. You’re arguing exactly the opposite. That’s as far as it goes.

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Now I’m afraid Romney will lead to such low turnout that we won’t even get the expected 6-7 net pickups in the Senate.

(facepalm)

KirknBurker on January 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

bluefox on January 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Thanks for the info; and that’s another Big Government proposal Santorum supports.

Aslans Girl on January 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Dr. Tesla on January 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM

You pay taxes, right?

As for child tax credits, it is not a flat tax. It is by design meant to redistribute wealth.

MeatHeadinCA on January 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Not really. Having studied at an engineering school, I know several mechanical engineers that are dumber than a sack of hammers.</blockquote

that was good
LOL

gerrym51 on January 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

KingGold on January 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM

You can’t argue that Romney is a conservative when he has done NOTHING CONSERVATIVE in his time in government.

What are you people smokin?

KirknBurker on January 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Do mechanical engineering schools teach people to be prigs?

thats good too